PDA

View Full Version : Does Any Party Care about the Debt of This Province?

Gr8Stang
05-11-2018, 04:32 PM
All I'm hearing from every party is how they are going to spend in this area or that......meanwhile, Ontario apparently has the dubious honor of being the world's most indebted government!?!?

I hope Ford actually has some ideas around getting control of the debt and reducing it. Otherwise, at some point, this has to bite us all.....especially if interest rates continue to inch up.

One things for sure; you can count on the NDP and Liberals to keep the debt rising if they manage to get in power.

Is it too much to ask for Good Healthcare, decent infrastructure (roads, power & public transit) and reasonable taxes?

G-ForceJunkie
05-11-2018, 06:51 PM
Infrastructure takes up a shockingly small part of taxes, yet is one of the things we value the most. It blows my mind when I see the budget stats.

ZR
05-11-2018, 06:56 PM
+1 on the above.

WTF
05-11-2018, 07:49 PM
Ford is the only one who detests the waste...the other two thrive on it

he's not a politician.....he's a private-sector guy.....his eyes will fucking bug out when he sees the shitshow Wynne has orchestrated

every damn thing Wynne approved involves hiring thousands to create yet another bloated and overpaid bureaucracy to oversee a handfull of frontliners

Ford wont do that shit

enough of this shit where the bureaucrat who runs the hospital makes 1.3 million per year while the head surgeon makes $450k

enough of this shit where I call in for a tree down and 3 different highly paid officials show up at 3 different times over 34 hours in 3 different city logo-d rigs at probably 100k each per rig plus 100k each per salary only to take pics.......so one fucking frontline private crew can show up for under two hours and get rid of the god damn tree and sweep up after themselves

that is what Doug Ford is all about imo

Gr8Stang
05-11-2018, 09:38 PM
Ford is the only one who detests the waste...the other two thrive on it

he's not a politician.....he's a private-sector guy.....his eyes will fucking bug out when he sees the shitshow Wynne has orchestrated

every damn thing Wynne approved involves hiring thousands to create yet another bloated and overpaid bureaucracy to oversee a handfull of frontliners

Ford wont do that shit

enough of this shit where the bureaucrat who runs the hospital makes 1.3 million per year while the head surgeon makes $450k

enough of this shit where I call in for a tree down and 3 different highly paid officials show up at 3 different times over 34 hours in 3 different city logo-d rigs at probably 100k each per rig plus 100k each per salary only to take pics.......so one fucking frontline private crew can show up for under two hours and get rid of the god damn tree and sweep up after themselves

that is what Doug Ford is all about imo

I hope you're right and he's not just another politician. He definitely comes across less polished then both Horwath and Wynne, so maybe that's a good sign. And yes, I'm sure he's in for some surprises if he takes power. We already saw what the auditor general found....

I think most of those trying to make a living are sick of the same old BS in government; no accountability, corruption galore and just a lack of care for what happens to the province and it's people. Too busy worrying about their own political aspirations and getting the minimum time in to get the maximum pension. Pathetic.

83 5.0
05-11-2018, 10:02 PM
Infrastructure takes up a shockingly small part of taxes, yet is one of the things we value the most. It blows my mind when I see the budget stats.

Obviously, given the scale of Ontario’s debt problem, spending discipline should remain a priority. And given that wages and salaries for government employees are the biggest single area of expenditure for any provincial government—half the entire provincial budget, in fact—this is an area where spending decisions make a big difference to the bottom line
https://www.fraserinstitute.org/article/wynne-government-gives-public-employees-a-raise-despite-deep-red-ink

There is no accountability, other than getting booted from office, so they can leave a steaming pile for the next government.

stangstevers
05-12-2018, 05:57 AM
Leftist media in full spin now lol

The PCs could have Mahatma Gandhi as a leader and be portrayed as hitler from the neo-liberal media.

stangstevers
05-12-2018, 07:28 AM
Obviously, given the scale of Ontario’s debt problem, spending discipline should remain a priority. And given that wages and salaries for government employees are the biggest single area of expenditure for any provincial government—half the entire provincial budget, in fact—this is an area where spending decisions make a big difference to the bottom line
https://www.fraserinstitute.org/article/wynne-government-gives-public-employees-a-raise-despite-deep-red-ink

There is no accountability, other than getting booted from office, so they can leave a steaming pile for the next government.

Politicians shouldn't exist, it's a useless role in today's age. Why does Toronto need 45 council members when NYC has 51 for their 8M plus population compared to TO's 3M? 45 people "earning" 6 figure salaries to "work" half the year and what productive things do they really do? That's just at the municipal level. I bet you anything you could cut "management" costs at the federal/provincial/municipal levels to the point of being able to reduce taxes by at least half without having to cut services... OR maybe move the funds towards hiring more nurses, teachers, doctors, etc... and increase our ROI or VFM from our taxes.

Government is nothing but a cash cow for those lucky enough to have access to the never ending supply of money. They have jobs that are NOT tied to any performance metric. When you WORK for a living, it's a very different scenario. I need to bring value to my role or I'm on the street with no pension.

We should be rioting on the streets and collectively hurt the governments... we need a war. But we're all soft and docile, myself included. I am not willing to even to join a peaceful demonstration because I'm working or something.

5.4MarkVIII
05-12-2018, 08:15 AM
All I'm hearing from every party is how they are going to spend in this area or that......meanwhile, Ontario apparently has the dubious honor of being the world's most indebted government!?!?

I hope Ford actually has some ideas around getting control of the debt and reducing it. Otherwise, at some point, this has to bite us all.....especially if interest rates continue to inch up.

One things for sure; you can count on the NDP and Liberals to keep the debt rising if they manage to get in power.

Is it too much to ask for Good Healthcare, decent infrastructure (roads, power & public transit) and reasonable taxes?

the problem stems from the voters. the average person has no concept of earned money, or over spending. that's why we are one of the most indebted nation. they just want more more more. Ford was staying quiet and staying on point of repeatedly pointing out the corruption and mismanagement. and it was hurting him because the liberals were twisting it into "ford has no platform" "ford will be like Trump' Ford will fire everybody"

people are stupid and the believe what ever the media tells them. the media is in full butt hurt mode because Ford isn't playing their games. they are covering noting of sustenance and are only trying everyway they know how to set Ford up for a fail. and its not working.

it should be doing nothing but proving to the masses the depth of the liberal's corruption and bought friends in high places with taxpayers dollars.

but like I said the average voter is stupid, and naive

stangstevers
05-12-2018, 08:57 AM
We need the same riots that happened in March, 1990 in London here. But bigger, more damaging and in every big city. Except we're not fighting a "poll tax", we're fighting incompetence, neo-liberalism, corruption and unfair taxation at all levels.

OldSchool
05-12-2018, 09:01 AM
Doug sure seems to behave and carry himself a lot like Trump. Seems more like a staged act as it “wins” votes not as true good for the people IMHO. Oh well bring it on.

5.4MarkVIII
05-12-2018, 03:03 PM
Doug sure seems to behave and carry himself a lot like Trump. Seems more like a staged act as it “wins” votes not as true good for the people IMHO. Oh well bring it on.

I keep hearing this from all the lemmings but have yet to personally hear Doug ever sound like Trump in anything I’ve herd him discuss

Just more bs diversion to scare people from voting.

Doug ford is fat, fat peole like pie, pie is baked in ovens, ovens can be white, white supremicist’s are also white. Therefore Doug ford is Racist

StAnger
05-12-2018, 04:40 PM
We need the same riots that happened in March, 1990 in London here. But bigger, more damaging and in every big city. Except we're not fighting a "poll tax", we're fighting incompetence, neo-liberalism, corruption and unfair taxation at all levels.

No we need an all out revolution.

Drag every leftist piece of garbage from ever level of government out, and have them all drawn and quartered for their corruption and incompetence.

83 5.0
05-12-2018, 04:46 PM
Was out doing yard work today and my local PC candidate drop by, she admitted she supported Caroline Mulroney ( I told her I supported Elliot) but she basically said they are behind Doug but are going to keep hammering on the fiscal platform, and watching for the loose cannons in the party to not get off track. I think the party is aware to keep a short leash.

OldSchool
05-12-2018, 10:52 PM
I keep hearing this from all the lemmings but have yet to personally hear Doug ever sound like Trump in anything I’ve herd him discuss

Just more bs diversion to scare people from voting.

Doug ford is fat, fat peole like pie, pie is baked in ovens, ovens can be white, white supremicist’s are also white. Therefore Doug ford is Racist

What are you babbling on about?

5.4MarkVIII
05-12-2018, 11:06 PM
liberal bull shit and scare tactics that they use when they have no argument to counter the corruption and theft from the last 15 years. EVERY person running for conservative positions has been likened to Trump at one point or another.
I say good bring it one with any luck the canadian liberal parties will implode like the dnc is and we can start moving forward again