PDA

View Full Version : I heard vrooom..........vvrrrrooooooommmmmmmm..........vro ooooooooooooooommm

Ponyryd
06-24-2018, 09:16 PM
Heard this as I was pulling weeds in the yard (quiet street, no main roads nearby), I was looking to see what it was...I missed it but I know it was a stick shift, V8 car! (Laffs, maybe?) Damn those are becoming so rare and I couldn’t believe how many memories that sound brought back for me, great memories actually! Memories of being a kid and hearing Mustangs and Camaro roaming the streets, rumbling and shifting, man it was great!

hsousa88
06-24-2018, 11:05 PM
They’re setting up for the Indy on lakeshore so some concrete barricades have been put up... goddamn does my car sound good ripping along beside em. Pushrods sound soooo good.

DinoZ
06-25-2018, 07:04 AM
This, I had a chill running down my spine so I quickly took the GT out for a run and felt better.

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2017/01/24/visit-our-gloomy-autonomous-future-in-this-new-lexus-is-commercial/

stangstevers
06-25-2018, 07:14 AM
My street is pretty cool, not only because I have a few 5.0's in the garage but one neighbour has the sweetest sounding big block 67? Camaro and another has a 78 Camaro. Another dude down the street just got delivered a brand new ZL1 Camaro. We just need to be careful as a "non car guy" cop lives next door to me lol

StAnger
06-25-2018, 07:23 AM
This, I had a chill running down my spine so I quickly took the GT out for a run and felt better.

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2017/01/24/visit-our-gloomy-autonomous-future-in-this-new-lexus-is-commercial/

This is why I rail against technology.

If anyone wants to stop it, or at least put a small dent in it. There's a facility in the south end of Stratford across the road from the dump... Just saying. Just saying.

stangstevers
06-25-2018, 07:57 AM

This is just progression and it will happen. I mean the commute part of it anyway. I still believe there will be hobbyists around for a while - even if driverless cars eventually work, will we be forced to play with electrics versus gas is the question for me. At some point gasoline tech will become expensive and mostly extinct but for those who love to drive there will always be that niche - just maybe electrified for use off our main highways reserved for "driverless" cars.

IMO, we have about 10-15 years of playing with our cars... As we die out, no one will replace us. The next generation are more worried about which bathroom signs offends them along with safe spaces, gender studies, liberal arts and other pansy ass snowflake shit than how much power they can squeeze out of their rides... Real men are being cast aside to make room for limp wristed hurt-feeling pansies.

Laffs
06-25-2018, 08:42 AM
Your welcome.

hsousa88
06-25-2018, 04:22 PM
This is just progression and it will happen. I mean the commute part of it anyway. I still believe there will be hobbyists around for a while - even if driverless cars eventually work, will we be forced to play with electrics versus gas is the question for me. At some point gasoline tech will become expensive and mostly extinct but for those who love to drive there will always be that niche - just maybe electrified for use off our main highways reserved for "driverless" cars.

IMO, we have about 10-15 years of playing with our cars... As we die out, no one will replace us. The next generation are more worried about which bathroom signs offends them along with safe spaces, gender studies, liberal arts and other pansy ass snowflake shit than how much power they can squeeze out of their rides... Real men are being cast aside to make room for limp wristed hurt-feeling pansies.

Society in general is sensitive as fuck.. but hey I drive a fox 🦊

Bksrt8
06-25-2018, 05:09 PM
Jesus, 10 to 15 years!!!? I wont even be 50 in 15 years!
Cars arent going anywhere. You cant let people fly....people are WAYYYYY too stupid to allow just anybody to fly on thier own and i think we may still be a few decades from teleportation. So cars are still gonna be around for a while.

In 10-15 years, even if they started now, you couldnt phase out petrol powered vehicles completely. So dont despair just yet.

Also, when we get battery power figured out, youre gonna be in for a treat. As a former AVID rc builder and racer, i know first hand how real shit gets when youve got DC power making magic. Ill be dissapointed to have SOME of the noise go away but just think, no more rice shitboxes waking you up at 3am!!!

Just remember the old saying: when a door closes, a window opens.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Black Sheep
06-25-2018, 06:54 PM
Ya...I "closed" the car "door" and "opened" the "window" ....all my papers flew out.....shit

WTF
06-25-2018, 07:09 PM
the bar can always be raised

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SoZiTxdQyw