PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle appraiser

5.4MarkVIII
07-25-2018, 07:57 AM
Maybe shortly on the lookout for an appraiser. It must be a member of the Professional Association of Vehicle Evaluators. And preferably somone with experience in Diminished value claims with insurance companies.

London area would be the best.

Thanks

redo75
07-26-2018, 12:23 AM
Check with Paul Prince @ 519-666-1114. He is in Ilderton and is a licensed appraiser..

2005BlackGT
08-01-2018, 08:18 PM
Maybe shortly on the lookout for an appraiser. It must be a member of the Professional Association of Vehicle Evaluators. And preferably somone with experience in Diminished value claims with insurance companies.

London area would be the best.

Thanks

just my 3 cents

I am and have been a Damage Appraiser for an Insurance company for over 35 Years now. .the Courts recognize me as "an expert witness" the Ontario Provincial Courts do not Recognize Diminished Value ... I don't wish to see someone take your money and make you promises they cannot keep...but good luck

5.4MarkVIII
08-01-2018, 08:30 PM
the courts used to not accept that , precedent was set in 2016 in a case against allstate and now the courts will side with the car owner as long as the car is less than 5 years old and the diminished value is greater than 5k. everyone that works in the insurance industry denies this but the internet is a wonderful thing.

RedSN
08-07-2018, 10:55 AM
I am and have been a Damage Appraiser for an Insurance company for over 35 Years now...

...everyone that works in the insurance industry denies this but the internet is a wonderful thing.

...but good luck

http://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/popcorn-time-gif-7.gif

5.4MarkVIII
08-07-2018, 12:05 PM
Wasn’t meaning anything by it. People in any given industry will protect that industry.

Currently it would cost me more to fight the insurance company than I would get back. Part of the problem. But the truth is the courts are siding against the insurance industry in cases like this. But the government won’t move to protect the consumers. It will happen eventually as more and more people end up being screwed by their lease company and the insurance industry.

2005BlackGT
09-01-2018, 08:52 AM
Wasn’t meaning anything by it. People in any given industry will protect that industry.

Currently it would cost me more to fight the insurance company than I would get back. Part of the problem. But the truth is the courts are siding against the insurance industry in cases like this. But the government won’t move to protect the consumers. It will happen eventually as more and more people end up being screwed by their lease company and the insurance industry.

I am not protecting any industry ... I have no love for insurance companies....as for "the Courts" most times it comes down to the individual Judge in any give case....