PDA

View Full Version : I thought about this...

stangstevers
07-26-2018, 10:58 AM
This guy is a hero... https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/change-gender-identification-insurance-alberta-1.4754416?cmp=rss

Which kind of makes you ask... with a trudeau "diversity, SJW, equality" idiot PM... why are insurance companies allowed to discriminate against men? Throw stats into the garbage because math and science has no might over hurt feelings and gender-ish things...

Maybe we should file a class action against all insurance companies... they're so racist against men!

RedSN
07-26-2018, 11:27 AM
Throw stats into the garbage because math and science has no might over hurt feelings and gender-ish things...

Except you can't. Insurance is based off of actuarial science, statistics, and records to assess their risk. It's not discrimination, it's stats. Nothing to do with hurt feelings.

So simply changing the M to an F on his identification will be considered fraud in the eyes of the insurance companies and he will likely be disqualified from coverage in case of a claim.

Zexhuffer
07-26-2018, 12:32 PM
Except you can't. Insurance is based off of actuarial science, statistics, and records to assess their risk. It's not discrimination, it's stats. Nothing to do with hurt feelings.

So simply changing the M to an F on his identification will be considered fraud in the eyes of the insurance companies and he will likely be disqualified from coverage in case of a claim.

The fact is he is now seen as a women in all legal documents so how would they not pay him in a accident. Tread carefully about what u say there is a new bill passed which makes it a hate crime to misgender someone.

RedSN
07-26-2018, 01:32 PM
Tread carefully about what u say...
Why would I have to tread lightly? I am not the one "misgendering" someone.
The Alberta man, who we are calling David, is misgendering himself to intentionally defraud the insurance company and save a couple of bucks. He even admits so. That's why he is not giving his name.

I'm just agreeing with the last part of the article:

Steve Kee, spokesman for the Insurance Bureau of Canada, says he's heard anecdotal reports of people changing their gender for cheaper insurance, though he doesn't know how often it happens.

"If you're going to declare on any document, you need to be truthful," he said. "If not, you're making a fraudulent claim. This could impact you for any future insurance application that you make, or any other aspect of your life."

stangstevers
07-26-2018, 01:34 PM
I guess he will need a wig if he gets into a crash

90LXCoupe
07-26-2018, 05:05 PM
I guess he will need a wig if he gets into a crash

Females only have long hair?

stangstevers
07-26-2018, 05:12 PM
That’s entrapment lol But what if it was a short hair wig?

trickflow-jay
07-26-2018, 05:58 PM
statistically men have more claims and accidents therefore higher rates....the above is fraud plain and simple.If you cant afford it dont drive.

stangstevers
07-26-2018, 08:15 PM
I think some countries call it discrimination though.

These days politicians will spend millions to say 2+2=5 if the real answer is offensive.