View Full Version : Rogers Ignite TV

R3troGT
08-26-2018, 10:29 AM
My 24 Month promotion just ended with Rogers making my bill go from $140 to $220 a month for VIP TV and 100u Unlimted Internet Service.

In the 11 years I have been in my current building I have had maybe 1 or 2 service outages, so I am happy with the service. I hate Bell so they are not an option. Since I wanted to keep TV services companies like Techsavvy are not an option.

So I contacted Rogers using the Chat feature and asked about a new deal. I ended up picking the Premier Ignite Service which they offered to me for $149.99 + tax a month, regular $189.99. There is a $150 install fee, which I am not thrilled about, but at this time they do not offer self install.

They are supposed to come next Sat to do the install. Lets see how that goes.

Anyone here have this Service?

Scrape
08-26-2018, 04:46 PM
I was looking into this service and I spoke to them when it launched and no discounts for me yet. I have to wait till my promotion ends in November before I will switch over. Apparently it is quite good. Similar to Bell Fibe which is what my parents have. Beauty of it is that you can watch a program from the start if you missed part of it. All shows will be in the cloud so you can watch them anytime. Love to hear your feedback once you use it for a bit.

R3troGT
09-01-2018, 08:23 AM
Today is the big install day. Rogers Tech is supposed to be here between 8-10 AM. Lets see how it goes

R3troGT
09-01-2018, 10:53 AM
So the Tech showed around 9:45 this morning. The install went very well except one issue with my main PC which would not connect using a cable, but worked with WIFI. Turned out to be my fault as I Hard set an IP address and DNS Servers at one time. Switching it to auto made it work.

Did a speed test and got 194 down and 15 up. Good numbers.

Chinga
02-19-2019, 02:05 PM
Bumping this thread as I am contemplating getting this service as well. Any pitfalls? Any feedback would be appreciated.:thx:

Styrofoam04
02-19-2019, 02:29 PM
Same here..

Is it worth it?
I was looking at it around Boxing day but they would not give me a deal on the price. They wanted over $220 plus taxes and fees for it.

I ended up get a 1 year deal on cable (3 boxes) and Gigabyte u for $115 all in.

All I really wanted was the internet but they want $175 plus taxes and fees for Gigabyte alone. So the deal made more sense.

Gr8Stang
02-19-2019, 06:04 PM
Rogers loves to give u a deal....and then send you a bill when the promo expires (every 2 yrs)....forcing you to call them and negotiate a new deal. I've been a customer of theirs for many, many years. Service up time has been solid. Interesting to watch the shift in dynamics over the last handful of years with the prices of internet going up while Cable is coming down (cause lots of people are getting rid of Cable TV and going to streaming services). Rogers is going to get their $150+ one way or the other it seems.

Best to call in periodically to see what kind of new deal they can offer you (so I was told by one of their customer service reps)….

On a somewhat related note, I installed one of those flat HD antennae's to one of my upstairs windows facing the CN Tower....I'm getting approx. 20 channels with it, with a number of them in HD!

R3troGT
02-19-2019, 10:43 PM
When I first got this Service my connection dropped a few times, requiring a reboot of the modem. However since then it has been solid. The internet is fast. I choose to connect the TV Box by cable instead of wifi and never have an issue with the picture quality. For me the service has been great and I would recommend it. Being able to use voice commands to bring up a show or channel is very cool.

CON VERT
02-20-2019, 06:48 AM
I am also thinking about changing ! they have a bundle deal , ignite ,internet & home phone or home security monitoring , $164.99 + 2 box's @ $5 each = $174.99 + Tax ! they offered me install at $49.99 ! 100 bucks off ! no contract !

FoxRod
02-20-2019, 09:49 AM
I just re-upped with Rogers for another 2 years for the Gigabyte Unlimited for $39/month. My 2 year 500U expires in March (RedFlag Deal), oh and IPTV FTW...:)

Same here..

Is it worth it?
I was looking at it around Boxing day but they would not give me a deal on the price. They wanted over $220 plus taxes and fees for it.

I ended up get a 1 year deal on cable (3 boxes) and Gigabyte u for $115 all in.

All I really wanted was the internet but they want $175 plus taxes and fees for Gigabyte alone. So the deal made more sense.

Styrofoam04
02-20-2019, 10:41 AM
@Gr8Stang yes they do and as soon as my year is over the price jumps to $450. As long as I cancel or change the plan before that date I'm am fine. My favorite stunt about Rogers is that they "forget" your deal every 3 or so months. I'm soo used to calling them that its like second nature. In the end it usually works out for the best for me. Every time they mess up I ask for more in return.

Styrofoam04
02-20-2019, 10:53 AM
@FoxRod is that for Internet alone or a bundle? Do you get that price for the whole term? That's all I really wanted...

live TV sucks! its all reality junk! ROD is garbage too. Always missing episodes!

I got Crave and HBO with my deal free for my term. It wasn't bad but not a lot of content compared to Netflix. Most of the HBO stuff I have already streamed on my Android box

True Blue
02-20-2019, 11:10 AM
^^^ http://forums.redflagdeals.com/rogers-rogers-home-internet-1gbps-29-previous-current-customers-ymmv-2263857/

FoxRod
02-20-2019, 11:14 AM
@Styrofoam04, internet only...

Yup, always a good source for deals...

^^^ http://forums.redflagdeals.com/rogers-rogers-home-internet-1gbps-29-previous-current-customers-ymmv-2263857/

True Blue
02-20-2019, 11:18 AM
Yup, always a good source for deals...

Damn site kills my wallet. :)

Chinga
02-20-2019, 12:01 PM
Well they have offered the unlimited Ignite for $192.00/month with 3 boxes and Netflix. I think they also want $149.00 for install though...

Styrofoam04
02-21-2019, 05:24 PM
Yeah I like RFD but it can be a pain to navigate.

The RFD is $75 off the price.
I'm currently getting $146 off the price.

I'll talk to the wife if she doesn't mind dropping the TV $33 + $15(IPTV) $50 VS $115

With IPTV does it work with more than 1 device?

FoxRod
02-21-2019, 07:11 PM
1 IPTV(i.e Mag254) reciever per TV...

Stephen06GT
11-21-2020, 03:27 PM
TTT as I’m looking at switching from NextBox to Ignite. For those that have Ignite, how has it been?

Scrape
11-21-2020, 03:46 PM
So far it has been decent. No real issues thus far other than the overpriced service.

xeninworx
11-21-2020, 04:46 PM
Switched over a couple months ago to Ignite Cable and Internet. Went with a low package with the fewest cable channels as parents just need the basic channels but opted for 500mbps internet speed, Crave + HBO and a sports package to watch F1. Paying about the same I was before but faster internet. The Ignite cloud is handy. Record something on tv and watch it on my phone or tablet later.

CON VERT
11-21-2020, 06:00 PM
They are all the same in the end as far as price, after all the rebates fall off from Rogers , we have ignite , unlimited internet, better TV, + a few stations , and a cell phone NO DATA but unlimited NA use, $267.76 is our monthly bill, very reliable and fast, too switch back , BELL would be a bit cheaper but with install etc it works out the same by the year !

Spock
11-22-2020, 07:59 PM
Rogers loves to give u a deal....and then send you a bill when the promo expires (every 2 yrs)....forcing you to call them and negotiate a new deal. I've been a customer of theirs for many, many years. Service up time has been solid. Interesting to watch the shift in dynamics over the last handful of years with the prices of internet going up while Cable is coming down (cause lots of people are getting rid of Cable TV and going to streaming services). Rogers is going to get their $150+ one way or the other it seems.

Best to call in periodically to see what kind of new deal they can offer you (so I was told by one of their customer service reps)….

On a somewhat related note, I installed one of those flat HD antennae's to one of my upstairs windows facing the CN Tower....I'm getting approx. 20 channels with it, with a number of them in HD!

Also put up an antenna a few years ago, the HD quality is a lot better then Rogers or Bell compressed signals
Tuned into a hockey game on CBC when I put it up & was amazed at the quality

Best part is its FREE

PS: If your putting up a FTA antenna, point all of it at Buffalo as their the weakest signals due to distance.
Most of the other channels are broadcast from the CN tower & very strong even with the antenna pointing south