PDA

View Full Version : Where to for exhaust replacements

F1Fan
09-01-2018, 06:40 PM
Yup, I did the search but not the results I expected, so.....
I am in the market for some upgraded axel back exhaust for my 2017 GT. The factory sound is just too tame. Looking for something ( and a local place for sales and installation in the Mississauga area) a little louder, deeper when on the loud peddle and with more crackle when lifting, but without any added drone while cruising. Not loud enough to piss off the neighbors but loud enough that I don’t feel I wasted my coin for little gain.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2DXTRM
09-01-2018, 07:02 PM
Bigger sound gains by removing the middle muffler/resonator and replacing it with an X pipe.

Best advice, check Youtube for sound clips before you make a choice.

F1Fan
09-01-2018, 07:32 PM
I see Steeda sells these. What is the difference between X and H pipe? And which is best. Does this have any other effect on emissions, warranty, etc.

Stephen06GT
09-01-2018, 07:49 PM
There are probably one hundred different options you could choose for your exhaust. As mentioned earlier, try YouTube, or come to a Friday night meet, the Heritage Show and Shine, or the DaSilva Racing fall track day to hear some in person.

F1Fan
09-01-2018, 10:14 PM
A Friday night meet might be cool

Screw
09-01-2018, 11:41 PM
Res delete to start you off , doesn’t affect emissions

F1Fan
09-05-2018, 06:07 AM
I think the resonator delete is what I’m leaning towards as I don’t really want to make major changes. For the most part I’m fine with stock, I just want that little bit nicer sound, bit more rumble. And no effects to emissions or anything which my be questionable with respect to the laws.
I see there is something happening at Cayuga next week. As I have that week off I might come out to meet some of you people. And have a listen to some of the cars.

ZR
09-05-2018, 07:41 AM
https://i.imgur.com/zjWWZJC.jpg

ZR
09-05-2018, 07:43 AM
Prices above are for participants, spectators can pay at the gate.
Res delete is a great option.