PDA

View Full Version : Muffler time! 2017 GT

stangstevers
09-07-2018, 08:00 AM
Ok so with the recent news of useless pigs going after cars instead of gangbangers... I think I need to downgrade my exhaust system.

I have Borla Attack? Looks like resonator delete and more "open" mufflers. I need to grab the stock stuff but hesitant to put it on. I think I can keep the resonator delete part of the borla system but put in quieter mufflers? I think it's 2.5"? No clue never really looked.

Any ideas? You think I can retro-fit some sort of 2018 active exhaust on there? I could just wire up a relay and a switch I think...

I typically don't shift more than 3000RPM to keep the noise down but if the mood strikes and I want to play a little, the thing gets loud... which is a good thing for me, keeps me within the speed limits for the most part.

Scrape
09-07-2018, 08:15 AM
Pehaps some Borla Touring mufflers will do the trick?

FABMAN
09-07-2018, 08:18 AM
Steve I have a full borla s-type cat back with x-pipe on my 2017 Gt. You are welcome to come over and hear it. It’s aggressive but not obnoxious (IMO).

Scrape
09-07-2018, 08:20 AM
Nice pic Fab! And yes your car is decent and far from obnoxious.

FABMAN
09-07-2018, 08:21 AM
Nice pic Fab! And yes your car is decent and far from obnoxious.

Thanks Lawrence, happy you got those pictures. Hope to see you at the Heritage show!

Rino
09-07-2018, 08:24 AM
I don't think anything will come out of this. If it does it will take at least a year or 2. There will also be law suits from people who have a stock car from factory that is loud ie:GT350,Vettes,Ferrari's ect,ect. The auto industry will also chime in. Doug Ford is a car guy, and the Ministry of Transportation is a provincial entity . I think it his jurisdiction,so I'm sure he will weigh in at some point.

stangstevers
09-07-2018, 08:27 AM
Steve I have a full borla s-type cat back with x-pipe on my 2017 Gt. You are welcome to come over and hear it. It’s aggressive but not obnoxious (IMO).

We may have the same system? How can you tell, I should look under the stupid car one day. I think it's the attak though, is that louder than the S-type?

Well, since I drive at 5:30am... and the Coyote cold start thing. My neighbours don't need to wake up with me every day lol

ZR
09-07-2018, 08:30 AM
Ok so with the recent news of useless pigs going after cars instead of gangbangers... I think I need to downgrade my exhaust system.

I have Borla Attack? Looks like resonator delete and more "open" mufflers. I need to grab the stock stuff but hesitant to put it on. I think I can keep the resonator delete part of the borla system but put in quieter mufflers? I think it's 2.5"? No clue never really looked.

Any ideas? You think I can retro-fit some sort of 2018 active exhaust on there? I could just wire up a relay and a switch I think...

I typically don't shift more than 3000RPM to keep the noise down but if the mood strikes and I want to play a little, the thing gets loud... which is a good thing for me, keeps me within the speed limits for the most part.

Not cool to me. Know and are friends with several police officers, take exception to that comment. If your cars too loud to you, guaranteed it's way way way tooooo loud to both non car peeps and law enforcement.

stangstevers
09-07-2018, 08:38 AM
I have cop friends too and they speak the same language. A lot of people on the force are just useless bullies out to get revenge on people. I know they are trained to have commanding postures and an escalation table and all that but I've met some serious assholes out there in my "winter driving training" days back in Quebec and we were on the same side lol I don't believe in having any love for the "tax man" and part of the job is just that. The other part is just nasty shit no one wants to hear about.

Minaccia
09-07-2018, 08:40 AM
Next time buy an Auto way more control of how much noise you make out there and they are faster.

Tory is gone soon so why spend money cuz that idiot can't figure out a way to stop the shootings, this will go away in another month when the cars go to sleep then people will say "what noise?"

Steve, I have a feeling that one day you'll wake up and be a 100% liberal.

hammerhead
09-07-2018, 08:44 AM
I personally find some of the new Mustangs way too loud - I am old tho now...lol - it's the type of loud that sounds to me is hurting performance instead of enhancing it...

ZR
09-07-2018, 08:49 AM
:oldman::oldman:Damm old people. LOL

The Newmare
09-07-2018, 08:51 AM
I have a pair of stock ones off my 2015?

stangstevers
09-07-2018, 08:52 AM
Next time buy an Auto way more control of how much noise you make out there and they are faster.

Tory is gone soon so why spend money cuz that idiot can't figure out a way to stop the shootings, this will go away in another month when the cars go to sleep then people will say "what noise?"

Steve, I have a feeling that one day you'll wake up and be a 100% liberal.

LOL Tried a 2019 10-speed... I didn't like it at all, didn't like my 2011 auto either. But I can control the sound much better with a 6 speed (imo?). I enjoy rowing gears in a world where AI and governments are trying to take driving away from us. Each gear change is an FU to the system in my stupid little brain LOL <- no matter how much slower I will be to an auto.

You know I am technically more of a liberal than a conservative to be honest. But I've always voted conservatives (also donated to the federal party but keep my card at home) because liberals here are not real liberals, they are "progressive liberals" which is pretty bad.

stangstevers
09-07-2018, 08:55 AM
:oldman::oldman:Damm old people. LOL

I fucking hate it when someone goes near my lawn.

ZR
09-07-2018, 08:57 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DT9EsooU0AA_lk7.jpg

hammerhead
09-07-2018, 09:00 AM
hahaha... that's why I live in the woods!

stangstevers
09-07-2018, 09:45 AM
I'm about to sell everything and move to Alaska. Or talk about it more and do nothing about it lol

Minaccia
09-07-2018, 10:04 AM
You know I only kid with you about the Autos, haha.

But honestly I love mine and would never give it except for the 10R80, lol.

stangstevers
09-07-2018, 10:11 AM
I'm sure the 10 speed is stupid at the track like everyone says lol No doubt. I still can't fathom how far Ford took the Mustang brand. It's really turning into a world class sports car, just dump the rear seat and give it more balance lol

Mustang4
09-07-2018, 01:49 PM
Love the 10 speed and the Active Exhaust solves the noise problem, it is the best of both worlds, quiet when you need it and loud when you want it.

FABMAN
09-08-2018, 07:58 AM
We may have the same system? How can you tell, I should look under the stupid car one day. I think it's the attak though, is that louder than the S-type?

Well, since I drive at 5:30am... and the Coyote cold start thing. My neighbours don't need to wake up with me every day lol

Steve, my mufflers actually say s-type on them. About to leave to go to Ricks this morning so I will take picture when up on the hoist.

Screw
09-08-2018, 08:01 AM
^^ the active exhaust really makes a difference, my 06 zero control always loud , jrs is loud as fak when he wants it to but rather tame IF he keeps it in normal mode lol . But the thumping of the flat plane is pretty sic

Armen
09-08-2018, 09:45 AM
https://www.americanmuscle.com/roush-active-exhaust-1516gt.html

RedSN
09-08-2018, 11:24 AM
But the thumping of the flat plane is pretty sic
When did Jr. get a 350?

Screw
09-08-2018, 11:28 AM
About a month now , very impressive machine , I get seat time in the 06 now lol

FABMAN
09-08-2018, 12:17 PM
Here is the picture of the muffler.

Hope it helps.

stangstevers
09-08-2018, 12:22 PM
Thanks for that. I forgot the mufflers are accessible like that. I have the same s type mufflers and x pipe. Looks like 2.5” to me.

Screw
09-08-2018, 12:35 PM
Those are nice sounding mufflers , u wanna be more stealth on cold starts ?

stangstevers
09-08-2018, 01:29 PM
cold start is fine. I just don't want to get pulled over for sound and get the car towed... it's my daily lol

hammerhead
09-08-2018, 02:51 PM
put a turbo on it should soften the exhaust...lol

stangstevers
09-09-2018, 05:58 AM
That means I'd have to cancel my 3.0 whipple charger order :(

hammerhead
09-09-2018, 08:15 AM
That means I'd have to cancel my 3.0 whipple charger order :(

lol - just trying to get you considering other options...

Scrape
09-10-2018, 07:50 PM
My car with twin turbos are so quiet. I have seen videos of the car without mufflers and it’s still quiet. I wish for a bit of noise.