PDA

View Full Version : Cocaine Dealer 20 getting $1000 a month from CAS!

83 5.0
10-01-2018, 06:58 AM
You just can't make this shite up. Another item for Ford to add to his social services rework.
https://torontosun.com/news/crime/alleged-cocaine-dealer-gets-cas-cheque-every-month-court
Parents are obvious enablers, and model citizens :sarcasm:.
If he was living at home, why was CAS sending him a cheque??

BARRIE – An alleged cocaine trafficker receives $1,000 a month from the Children’s Aid Society in a so-called extended care program, a court has heard.

Jerome Pantlitz-Solomon, 20, of Mississauga — an alleged member of the Crips street gang — faces drugs and weapons charges after police say he was arrested with a loaded hand gun, cocaine and cash while making drug transactions at Wasaga Beach on Sept. 12. He’s also charged with fleeing the scene of a car crash with two bags of cocaine at Wasaga Beach June 18.

Last month, Pantlitz-Solomon’s identical twin brother Jason was gunned down in downtown Windsor in what police are calling a gang-related killing.

During a special bail hearing held Friday night, Pantlitz-Solomon’s mother, father and grandmother made a bid for his release to live at home under strict conditions, but Crown Julie Janiuk argued the community would be “outraged.”

mavrrrick
10-01-2018, 07:16 AM
WTF!!! Our tax dollars at work once again!!!!

stangstevers
10-01-2018, 07:25 AM
Bullets are cheap... why can't the government just kill off useless people. Bunch of bleeding heart pussies...

5.4MarkVIII
10-01-2018, 07:28 AM
my work takes me into government housing, and its disgusting some of the stories I've seen. I will preface by saying my brother has disabilities and is in one of these government housing apartments. it took forever for him to get in. there are people in our society who genuinely need this assistance, there are others however who are 100% taking advantage,

one couple he was in assisted housing, she worked full time and owned her own house, they got married and instead of him moving in with her, she sold her house, moved in with him, quit her job gained 200lbs and is now on government assistance as well.

another lady has parents that are fairly well off and they giver her money, she has moved around Canada many times, going where the social assistance will pay her the most. last I saw she had just moved back to Ontario thanks to our federal and provincial governments at the time, because her parents have money they give her (she is in her 50"s) her apartment was furnished with the best of the best, far better than anything I own, she also gets a new car every could years and takes about 3 trips a year to various places around the world.

and yes there are a couple units where there a very obvious drug dealers.

its another place I hope ford cracks down on because people like my brother get they shaft because so many are taking advantage, the problem like so many other things the average person has no clue what's really going on and any move to fix it will instantly vilify the government trying to address the problems.

Screw
10-01-2018, 07:30 AM
this gov gotta get their priorities straight , instead they go after modified car criminals

92redragtop
10-01-2018, 02:42 PM
my work takes me into government housing, and its disgusting some of the stories I've seen. I will preface by saying my brother has disabilities and is in one of these government housing apartments. it took forever for him to get in. there are people in our society who genuinely need this assistance, there are others however who are 100% taking advantage,

one couple he was in assisted housing, she worked full time and owned her own house, they got married and instead of him moving in with her, she sold her house, moved in with him, quit her job gained 200lbs and is now on government assistance as well.

another lady has parents that are fairly well off and they giver her money, she has moved around Canada many times, going where the social assistance will pay her the most. last I saw she had just moved back to Ontario thanks to our federal and provincial governments at the time, because her parents have money they give her (she is in her 50"s) her apartment was furnished with the best of the best, far better than anything I own, she also gets a new car every could years and takes about 3 trips a year to various places around the world.

and yes there are a couple units where there a very obvious drug dealers.

its another place I hope ford cracks down on because people like my brother get they shaft because so many are taking advantage, the problem like so many other things the average person has no clue what's really going on and any move to fix it will instantly vilify the government trying to address the problems.

Is it that there are also government employees who just don't do their job and there are no consequences for non-performance? Someone is seeing this and can do something but I guess it is OPM anyway.

92redragtop
10-01-2018, 03:04 PM
Agreed - I don't think governments should play softball with unions. Performance Scorecards need to represent the taxpayer (eg. bonus for saving money and reducing cost centre budgets, stronger non-performance consequences, etc).

5.4MarkVIII
10-01-2018, 04:34 PM
Is it that there are also government employees who just don't do their job and there are no consequences for non-performance? Someone is seeing this and can do something but I guess it is OPM anyway.

100% true. on one hand they are super over worked and don't have time to follow up properly, was a big fight with my brother last worker, she was pushing him to make her in charge of all his finances, and have access to all his bank accounts, took a lot of fighting. new girl is just too busy, does the bare minimum needed to get the hours, we typically end up having to help him with any stuff he needs because she just isn't around

92redragtop
10-01-2018, 04:49 PM
she was pushing him to make her in charge of all his finances, and have access to all his bank accounts

Whoa! That's dangerous - is that even allowed? Seems ripe for fraud.

5.4MarkVIII
10-01-2018, 06:21 PM
don't think it is. my parents were on the phone making calls pretty quick.

Chinga
10-02-2018, 06:06 PM
This is nothing new and the entire system needs a revamp from top to bottom. The problem is no one has the stomach to do it for fear of looking like the bad guy doing the unpopular things that should be done. Those with criminal records need to be removed from MTHC properties and banned from setting foot on them afterwards. I have no problem looking after those in need like the sick and disabled but I am not in favour of perpetual welfare families. Breeders breeding more breeders. We have all heard the stories and some have seen it firsthand. You need only drive by these properties and look at the cars that fill the parking lot (mostly newish) which begs the question how do they afford a car/fuel/insurance/maintenance?

If you're living on the taxpayers dime there should also be random inspections of units (not for the sick and disabled) of those milking the system. Welfare was intended to be a hand up and not handout.