View Full Version : Rockauto rocks!

Gr8Stang
10-01-2018, 02:31 PM
Need new pads and rotors all the way around for my 13 Lincoln MKX. Priced out Motorcraft at my local Ford dealer.....$596 before taxes. Even with a 20% discount that I usually get, that's $477....before taxes.

Checked out rockauto.com and boom! $334 cdn.....delivered to my door! And yes....all Motorcraft parts. I guess when the market is 10X bigger in the good old USA....they can afford to offer much lower prices. But still....I think we're getting hosed here in the great white north.

For the heck of it, I asked the dealer to quote parts and labour.....and it was over $1000 plus tax. No thanks!

True Blue
10-01-2018, 06:23 PM
For those who use RockAuto, there's always a 5% discount code floating around on the net.

1986stangfan
10-01-2018, 10:08 PM
They’re great unless they send you the wrong part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Fart
10-01-2018, 11:42 PM
^^^I ordered 4 Monroe shocks from Rock Auto... all black. Get the parts and one of them is silver. They paid for the return and sent a black shock in a week. Sometimes they're great even when the wrong part is sent! lol.

stangstevers
10-02-2018, 07:34 AM
they often have "clearance" specials... I end up buying a bunch of shit I don't need related to foxes... like a bunch of hatch struts for $2 each... loads of gaskets, wipers, etc.. lol

1986stangfan
10-02-2018, 08:32 AM
^^^I ordered 4 Monroe shocks from Rock Auto... all black. Get the parts and one of them is silver. They paid for the return and sent a black shock in a week. Sometimes they're great even when the wrong part is sent! lol.

That’s shocking lol I still purchase from them but I am very cautious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gr8Stang
10-02-2018, 10:23 AM
I will let y'all know how my order goes. Shipping today.

IanGTCS
10-02-2018, 09:33 PM
I've never had the wrong parts arrive. Sounds like the return went smoothly so that is a plus. I get things like bulbs and random belts for other projects from them, always way cheaper than anywhere else. Bigger stuff, well I get trade pricing at a local parts store so the savings would be minimal at best.

Gr8Stang
10-05-2018, 03:03 PM
All parts arrived as ordered. Satisfied customer. Now for the fun part.....installing them. Here's hoping the old rotors aren't too badly corroded onto the hubs!

Monera3v
10-05-2018, 03:50 PM
as soon as I see clearance pieces on RA.. I buy it all lol

G-ForceJunkie
11-28-2019, 09:18 PM
Anyone notice rockauto getting crappier? Of my last 3 things I ordered, 2 have been broken, and 1 was the wrong part. Their returns/refunds system is a huge pain in the ass, and forget talking to someone, you can't even write them an e-mail. Their prices are untouchable, but I'm not sure it's worth it anymore.

hammerhead
11-28-2019, 09:22 PM
always found, "hard to find parts" there I couldn't find anywhere

LX89
11-28-2019, 09:57 PM
Any notice rockauto getting crappier? Of my last 3 things I ordered, 2 have been broken, and 1 was the wrong part. Their returns/refunds system is a huge pain in the ass, and forget talking to someone, you can't even write them an e-mail. Their prices are untouchable, but I'm not sure it's worth it anymore.

I was looking at reviews about them awhile ago and there's tons of bad reviews.
I have never used them personally.

92redragtop
11-28-2019, 11:38 PM
Ordered a part from them recently and had it shipped to my hotel in Arizona earlier this month with no issues.

ZR
11-28-2019, 11:40 PM
Any notice rockauto getting crappier? Of my last 3 things I ordered, 2 have been broken, and 1 was the wrong part. Their returns/refunds system is a huge pain in the ass, and forget talking to someone, you can't even write them an e-mail. Their prices are untouchable, but I'm not sure it's worth it anymore.

I had several parts in an order arrive damaged, could not get any relief from them so did a complaint through Pay Pal. Well they finally caved but only if I paid for the stuff to be shipped back to a warehouse in the bottom of Florida (stuff came north US warehouse). Ok seemed fair well right up until I saw it was going to cost pretty much what I paid for the stuff to return (heavy) then hope they'd actually reverse charges, tossed parts in the garbage. As much as I loath buying from them, do when it's parts I can't find anywhere this side of the border. If memory serves (keep in mind it's rusty as hell) order was in the $350us range so an appreciable amount to get burned for, especially once converted to Canuck Bucks.
The fact there is no way in the world to make contact via phone or email should be a red flag for all of us.

Ponyryd
11-28-2019, 11:40 PM
Prices can’t be beat, but yes, it has its downsides for sure.

ZR
11-28-2019, 11:44 PM
Case in point, no one local could supply full set of hoses for my '95 Impala, took a couple of weeks for all parts to come in but yes Rock Auto got em all.

svorob
11-29-2019, 09:59 AM
I always add a few sets of wipers to my order

Great prices

mavrrrick
11-29-2019, 11:20 AM
Only used once....clutch and bearing...all worked out perfect.

True Blue
11-29-2019, 12:25 PM
Used them many times, no issues.

hammerhead
01-27-2020, 05:49 PM
ordered a thermostat housing for an '85 CJ7 Thursday evening arrived today as promised - could have ordered other places but was locking at mid February before it would ship - between my son and I, we order quite a bit there for older cars there - never had an issue. (Knocks on Head)

Frankie
01-28-2020, 12:58 PM
Same here, bought from them dozens of times and never a problem.

Bought rotors and pads all the way around for the wife's Flex and was $250 cheaper than anywhere else (for good stuff), even with $100 shipping.

saleen27c
01-28-2020, 01:04 PM
Loyal Rockauto user here! never had issues yet for past few years. Have bought parts for all the toys and daily drivers. Best prices anywhere.

88 hatchback
01-28-2020, 04:20 PM
I've ordered from them a bunch of times - I've only gotten the wrong parts once (wrong model brake disks). After trading a few messages back and forth - they sent replacements at no cost (as shipping the wrong ones back were cost prohibitive).

Shipping costs are not bad... they're even pretty quick with getting things sent out.

kyholm
01-29-2020, 03:03 PM
Get better pricing at Rockauto than I do through APC with my shop account.

Frankie
02-05-2020, 01:38 PM
I've actually been using www.partsavatar.ca here in Canada as well lately.

Their pricing is usually pretty close to RA when you consider the shipping (Partsavatar ships free) and you keep some locals employed.

bbriann
02-05-2020, 02:20 PM
I make over a dozen purchases from rockauto each year..