PDA

View Full Version : Fireplace

RedSN
10-01-2018, 03:46 PM
Well, it had a good run, but after about 1,000 years Montreal is banning the fireplace.

As of Oct. 1, fireplaces or wood-burning stoves that don't comply with the city's strict new emissions standards are no longer legal to use.
https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/montreals-wood-burning-ban-starts-oct-1-what-you-need-to-know

https://www.oldlinechimney.com/design/banner.jpg

Laffs
10-01-2018, 03:48 PM
Da fuq.

Biz
10-01-2018, 03:54 PM
Uh...Pretty sure people still use wood to heat their homes all over Canada let alone the ICE CUBE known as Quebec. :facepalm:

Blackmare
10-01-2018, 04:01 PM
:facepalm:

5.4MarkVIII
10-01-2018, 04:31 PM
like to see someone come to my door and tell me I cant use my wood stove lol someone have the camera ready

83 5.0
10-02-2018, 09:51 PM
I think Wynne was on this path before she got the boot. Remember the Liberals back pedalling on Gas for heating, expecting everyone to hook to the grid.
I recall they were going to enact this for restaurants with wood burning ovens, but I think the restaurant lobby burned the councillors asses.

Ponyryd
10-02-2018, 09:58 PM
Obvious cash grab, those fucks are trying to get everyone spending their money on gas or hydro instead of using wood, ffs already, this shit is enough!

stangstevers
10-03-2018, 06:15 AM
I had a wood fireplace at the last house, it was basically just burning wood for the "look"... it provided no heat. I used it a few times only, I did have an idea to circulate water with a radiator in the chimney and another in the furnace to help heat the house and a little 12v electric pump - but would be interesting to get WET certified as per insurance requirements. I don't disagree with banning those types of fireplaces, they do absolutely nothing - you could slap a 27" TV in the hole and run the fireplace channel and you get the same results without the smell.

On the other hand I do have family (outside the city) that do have slow-combustion fireplaces which heat up the entire house (was great during the ice-storm). If I lived my dream and moved out of Durham to middle of nowhere, I'd heat with wood using some of the latest technologies to ensure I get as much BTU out of the firewood to be efficient and more environmentally friendly.

hsousa88
10-03-2018, 05:05 PM
What a joke.

hammerhead
10-03-2018, 09:41 PM
I had a wood fireplace at the last house, it was basically just burning wood for the "look"... it provided no heat. I used it a few times only, I did have an idea to circulate water with a radiator in the chimney and another in the furnace to help heat the house and a little 12v electric pump - but would be interesting to get WET certified as per insurance requirements. I don't disagree with banning those types of fireplaces, they do absolutely nothing - you could slap a 27" TV in the hole and run the fireplace channel and you get the same results without the smell.

On the other hand I do have family (outside the city) that do have slow-combustion fireplaces which heat up the entire house (was great during the ice-storm). If I lived my dream and moved out of Durham to middle of nowhere, I'd heat with wood using some of the latest technologies to ensure I get as much BTU out of the firewood to be efficient and more environmentally friendly.

all I use is wood -I have a wood furnace outside that has circulates hot water back into the house - I can also heat the pool - I have two fireplaces inside (air tight) they work well in the fall and spring - one day I will get geo thermo

hammerhead
10-03-2018, 09:59 PM
I think Wynne was on this path before she got the boot. Remember the Liberals back pedalling on Gas for heating, expecting everyone to hook to the grid.
I recall they were going to enact this for restaurants with wood burning ovens, but I think the restaurant lobby burned the councillors asses.

they also developed an e-test for house they want to impose..bastards