PDA

View Full Version : How would you react?

1986stangfan
10-02-2018, 10:19 PM
So yesterday I dropped the corvette off to be safetied at a shop that i have dealt with many times in the past with great results. Very reputable, clean and courteous. Unfortunately this time wasn’t my best experience.

I zeroed the trio when i dropped the car off, when I returned the car had 17kms on the trip.

No big deal I let it slide didn’t say anything.

My wife drive the corvette home from the shop and I drive the other vehicle, when I get home I take the keys from my wife and go to get the ownership out of the vette to go to Mto and transfer the ownership. At this time I notice big greasy bolt prints on the Passenger side of the car. Now I’m pretty annoyed, this was clearly a joy ride if you take a passenger and at least use a paper mat in my freshly cleaned corvette. I still decide not to cause a stink.

Now tonight I notice they didn’t use the proper lifting pucks to lift the corvette in the hoist and they have damaged the rocker panels and scratched the paint underneath. I know with 100% certainty that the damage was not there prior to the certification.

What would you do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Screw
10-02-2018, 10:34 PM
wow ....:slap: suks to hear that , I recal you mentioned there was 20 more km on it , fak

1986stangfan
10-02-2018, 10:36 PM
wow ....:slap: suks to hear that , I recal you mentioned there was 20 more km on it , fak

Close, it was 17kms

Ponyryd
10-02-2018, 10:38 PM
I’d lose my mind, but I woulda lost my mind over a 17km road test, that’s insane! not to mention the footprints.

Screw
10-02-2018, 10:42 PM
Bring all things from greasy boots, to zerod km & question the procedure used to lift your vehicle.

WidowrRacing
10-02-2018, 10:45 PM
I would be back there when they open tomorrow with the car for them to make things right!

1986stangfan
10-02-2018, 10:49 PM
I wanted to make sure I wasn’t over reacting. I plan to go in the morning.

stangstevers
10-03-2018, 06:05 AM
When it comes to toys... if I can't be in a position where I can watch the mechanics or not allow them to test drive (or at least I ride along). I don't go. There are a very limited few I would trust to touch my toys lol...

Don't vettes come with a valet mode?

Screw
10-03-2018, 05:43 PM
Hope you made out ok with this

mavrrrick
10-03-2018, 06:38 PM
How’d everything go? Hope you told them about 17 km as well. I know I would have.

Gr8Stang
10-03-2018, 08:11 PM
Way to many fails to not go back and have a chat with the owner/mgr. about it. I'd not be to happy if it was my car.

1986stangfan
10-03-2018, 09:24 PM
I went back and spoke to the manager, he was very apologetic and polite. Toon the time and speak to me and to look at the damage. Showed me how the put be car on the hoist etc.

He didn’t have any explanation as to why it had an additional 17kms on it.

I am supposed to etc estimates to repair the damage and go back and see them.