PDA

View Full Version : Rust Proofing Recommendations

johnny5
10-23-2018, 07:09 PM
Can anyone recommend a good rust proofing place? I typically use krown in Streetsville but they are no longer open on weekends

Screw
10-23-2018, 07:13 PM
While on this topic is it recommended to spray a car that will sit in the garage & has not seen winter ?

hsousa88
10-23-2018, 07:15 PM
Krown for the win. My ram looks brand new underneath.

Gr8Stang
10-23-2018, 08:47 PM
I've had good results with Krown on my daily drivers.

Gr8Stang
10-23-2018, 08:50 PM
While on this topic is it recommended to spray a car that will sit in the garage & has not seen winter ?

I've never sprayed any of my Mustangs that have sat in my garage over the winter and haven't seen any negative effect.

Henley1
10-23-2018, 09:05 PM
+1 647-525-3673. Chris is his name. great service. it's mobile and non drip. used last 8 yrs. he is based in durham .

Scrape
10-24-2018, 06:22 AM
I used Corrosion Free last year for all of our cars. It came highly recommend from a board member here. No drips was a big plus.

RioCobra
10-24-2018, 10:20 AM
I used Corrosion Free last year for all of our cars. It came highly recommend from a board member here. No drips was a big plus.

I too used Corrosion Free in the fall last year, location on the West Mall.
The only issue I had was the amount of dirt that clung to panels after the spray.
It's a year later, and the bottoms of doors are still collecting dirt.
I don't remember this much dirt collecting with Krown.

Should this be done yearly, or would every other year suffice?

True Blue
10-24-2018, 10:48 AM

Corrosion Free recommends every 18 months. Personally I would have it sprayed every other year.

Scrape
10-24-2018, 10:51 AM
That is the same location that I go to as well. Yes the dirt is about the same no matter which product I have used in the past (Both Krown and Rust Check). Not to worry there sir. They told me that this product is good for 18 months average so I am just hitting my 12 months right now. So around April I should be due for a respray.

The only issue I had was the amount of dirt that clung to panels after the spray.

Scrape
10-24-2018, 10:56 AM
Exactly Anthony. I think I should do that as well.
Corrosion Free recommends every 18 months. Personally I would have it sprayed every other year.

hsousa88
10-24-2018, 12:04 PM

I usually get Krown done in October.. by July dirt is still sticking to the panels. I’ve always gone to the same Rexdale location and they seem to do a good job.

Gr8Stang
10-24-2018, 07:27 PM

Yep, that's what I do as well with my daily drivers.

F1Fan
04-24-2019, 10:02 PM
Krown

Gr8Stang
04-28-2019, 07:55 PM
Just had my MKX done again. I get my cars done every 2 yrs. and go to the Krown on Russett Dr./Sommerville in Oshawa. The owner of the bus. finally retired. He was pretty good. The new owner seems very committed to doing a great job. Vehicle was in there for an hour getting the re-application and Salt Eliminator (applied to the underbody). They sent me a "deal" in the mail which entitled me to the Salt Eliminator application, a Free spray can of their stuff and 2 movie tkts. AND they give your car a good wash after the application. Can't beat it IMO.

F1Fan
08-28-2019, 09:08 PM
Wait. I take that back. And I have my reasons.