PDA

View Full Version : Rust Proof Fails, Did the Company Repair It?

Crash
10-25-2018, 08:08 PM
Has anyone heard of a rust proof company (Krown, Rust Check, Corrosion Free) repairing any rusty components after their product failed to protect?

95GT_VERT
10-25-2018, 08:18 PM
What components are you referring to?

Silver LX
10-25-2018, 08:22 PM
I would be suprised. I was watching auto talk the other night and a called called in asking about the factory rust warranty dealers promote. The response was they will only cover if it rusts from the inside of the car to outside and is very hard to prove. when do we rust from the inside out ..lol.

Crash
10-25-2018, 08:31 PM
What components are you referring to?

Looking at a new truck.
Rockers, cab corners, wheel wells etc. are known rust areas.

Crash
10-25-2018, 08:33 PM
I would be suprised. I was watching auto talk the other night and a called called in asking about the factory rust warranty dealers promote. The response was they will only cover if it rusts from the inside of the car to outside and is very hard to prove. when do we rust from the inside out ..lol.

I think the rockers, wheel wells and even the floors rust from the inside.

svorob
10-25-2018, 11:14 PM
the guy I work with had his windstar rockers replaced due to rust

the job was fully paid for by Krown ...He has three cars in his household and regularly has them sprayed

Crash
10-25-2018, 11:41 PM

the job was fully paid for by Krown ...He has three cars in his household and regularly has them sprayed

Good to know, thanx Rob

svorob
10-26-2018, 06:12 AM
Krown in Burlington

they told him to get three quotes for the repair and they went with one.. no compensation for loss of use (rental)

ZR
10-26-2018, 06:44 AM
Key to no rust = properly sprayed and of course regular washing over the winter. You'd be amazed how many we get in where spray done was a total waste of money. Product used is one thing, application is everything.

True Blue
10-26-2018, 08:25 AM
Krown in Woodbridge.

This is going back about 5 years ago. A friend of mine had to fight with them back and forth until they finally agree to pay for the repairs to his Grand Prix.
The kicker... The work had to be done by the body shop Krown recommended.

Ponyryd
10-26-2018, 08:43 AM
We do Mastersheild, apparently it’s covered for life, and it’s transferrable, and yes the body shop will repair it if there’s an issue, seen lots be repaired, they do up to $3000 worth of work.

Gr8Stang
10-28-2018, 09:53 PM

Read the fine print in the rust proofers offers. I believe the car has to have their rust proofing product applied yearly, or it's void. That might mean from brand new. I've not personally done it that way with a new vehicle; I typically wait for 5 yrs. and then start the aftermarket rust proofing from Krown, and they applying every other year after that. Has worked pretty well for me.

Ponyryd
10-28-2018, 10:03 PM
^Best to start on the second year, by the fifth year the rust will already be starting on most cars. It’s much easier to prevent rust than it is to control rust.

newbiestangowner
10-28-2018, 11:34 PM
^Best to start on the second year, by the fifth year the rust will already be starting on most cars. It’s much easier to prevent rust than it is to control rust.

Was trying to control this lol

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181029/cc8aa9c4f3c61a9c38a22d5cc0d9facc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk