PDA

View Full Version : Importing a mustang from the USA

Prettysweetsounds
11-03-2018, 03:17 PM
Anyone have experience with this?

Any pitfalls I should be aware of? Can you bring over cars that have deleted emission control systems? Are cars inspected at boarder or once you attempt to transfer ownership and license?

ZR
11-03-2018, 03:29 PM
With all paperwork in place and proper notification done at the border, slam dunk to import. Safety and emissions stuff is done here.

trickflow-jay
11-03-2018, 04:14 PM
very simple to do

(1) get ITN number
(2) fax copy of ownership 72 hrs prior to the border point your crossing at
(3) have your bill of sale

cross US side they stamp ownership....Canadian side pay taxes boom done

no inspection they don't care
E test here is gone...no worries about whats modded
transfer ownership with safety at MTO here pay more taxes

total time for myself at border was under 10 minutes

tsp
11-03-2018, 08:45 PM
Make sure you don't get taxed twice at mto. At border you pay GST and when you register vehicle you only have to pay PST.
When I went to register at Service Ontario they tried to tell me I needed an appraisal (due to age of vehicle) and had to pay HST. I just went to another Service Ontario and got it done.

Prettysweetsounds
11-04-2018, 06:51 PM
Great, thanks for the information guys.

mustangboy
11-07-2018, 12:09 PM
Car must have all recalls done. You have to have a letter from Ford and make sure you keep a copy of confirmation of your fax going through. There was a guy at customs that faxed the ownership over but they never got it. He showed them the confirmation and they just looked up the paper work on the spot.

trickflow-jay
11-19-2018, 12:18 AM
depends on customs officer i had no recall letter with me then again i had no recalls.