PDA

View Full Version : Lowe's locations closing in Canada.

ZR
11-05-2018, 01:11 PM
https://shawglobalnews.files.wordpress.com/2018/11/raw_356x_lowes-closing-map.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&w=748&strip=all

StAnger
11-05-2018, 01:17 PM
Maybe they're in bigger trouble than originally thought.

NickD
11-05-2018, 01:21 PM
Majority of them are Ronas which they did not say on the news.
It doesn't make sense competing with yourself with a store that's possibly loosing money.
By me in Burlington we have two home depots a Lowe's and 2 Ronas.
Ronas have much less foot traffic then the Lowe's and home Depot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

ZR
11-05-2018, 01:23 PM
Waste of time going into the Rona store near me, place is a mess / always out of stock.

RedSN
11-05-2018, 02:39 PM
This is not a Sears or Target deal. Lowe's has wanted to do this since 2012. Finally, in 2016 the deal went through. Now after a 2 year mourning period down comes the axe. Bye bye Rona.

Boomer
11-05-2018, 03:06 PM
Waste of time going into the Rona store near me, place is a mess / always out of stock.

I can't believe RONA stores are still around too. Sad to see reno stores going out of business and people out of work but Rona has always been a strange place to shop. Very rarely get clerks wanting to help or know anything...The Lowes stores is where I go lately. Just dropped $1600 on shed a few weeks ago.

Mellow Yellow
11-05-2018, 03:46 PM
Just opened a Lowe's in East Windsor in a former RONA building.

Screw
11-05-2018, 04:53 PM
Not surprised

5.4MarkVIII
11-05-2018, 05:08 PM
we are stuck with a Rona/Moffat @ powel.

customer service is horrendous, product is garbage, when Rona has a sale the wont honor it because "we are a Moffat and Powel and that sale doesn't apply to us" and when Moffat and Powel has a sale they say "that sale dosnt apply to us because we are a rona/ moffat and powel"

RedSN
11-05-2018, 05:28 PM
we are stuck with a Rona/Moffat @ powel.

customer service is horrendous, product is garbage, when Rona has a sale the wont honor it because "we are a Moffat and Powel and that sale doesn't apply to us" and when Moffat and Powel has a sale they say "that sale dosnt apply to us because we are a rona/ moffat and powel"
Take the sale flyer to Home Depot, get them to price match it, then go back to Rona/Moffat and tell them: "See! Home Depot will honor YOUR sale. FU!"
Even if you have to travel to London to get to a HD.

5.4MarkVIII
11-05-2018, 06:28 PM
Usually anything larger we go to HD or Lowe’s in London

When we did our upstairs rebuild I priced everything and walked into them with a $25000 order. HD was $20000 for all the same stuff and was throwing in free delivery

I asked them if they would price match and they would not budge. Wouldn’t even give free delivery.

Walked into Lowe’s and they matched HD and then gave another couple grand off. Due to the volume

Uncle Buck
11-05-2018, 10:43 PM
Not surprised. Virtually every experience I had with a Rona was poor.

I generally find the Lowes store better than Home Depot but could just be the stores near me. I do find the Lowes is more expensive so you need to get a contractor card to even up with HD prices or watch for their sales.

FABMAN
11-06-2018, 08:13 AM
When Lowes first opened on Vaughan they were the best, good service, nice stores. Now not so much...

Customer service is terrible and returns are an ordeal even with a receipt! My last couple experiences there pushed me to mainly deal with Home Depot as there is just less hassles.

As for Rona, the location in Woodbridge and in heartland Mississauga closed a while a go and I could never understand how they survived as long as they did. They were both plain awful.

WTF
11-06-2018, 08:53 AM
funny reading these responses.....heard about someone who just quit her gig at Lowes because it was a complete shit show....been hearing about it for months

in summary

1) when Lowes bought Rona....the top brass from Rona in Quebec went apeshit and did everything to make sure they got the plum positions at Lowes
2) as has been mentioned multiple times in this thread....the way the Quebec folks ran Rona was a complete shit show compared to the way the Lowes operation ran
3) now Lowes stores are being ran like the Rona stores were
4) none of the quality people are at head office any longer...they all left

it's gonna get worse before it gets better

Boomer
11-06-2018, 09:37 AM
^^^ Home Depot must be "licking their chops" with this news. The Home Hardware in Streetsville is tiny compared to the HD and Lowes stores but it usually has everything I need or they can get it in a day or two..

ZR
11-06-2018, 11:20 AM
Regardless of how it came to be, still hard to see so many about to loose their jobs.