PDA

View Full Version : For the salespeople amongst us

Quicksilver
11-23-2018, 01:40 PM
>>
>>
>> A young guy from Iowa moves to Florida and goes to a big
>>
>> "everything under one roof" department store looking for a job.
>>
>> The Manager says, "Do you have any sales experience?"
>>
>> The kid says "Yeah. I was a vacuum salesman back in Iowa ."
>>
>> Well, the boss was unsure, but he liked the kid and figured he'd give him a shot, so he gave him the job.
>>
>> "You start tomorrow. I'll come down after we close and see how you did."
>>
>> His first day on the job was rough, but he got through it. After the store was locked up, the boss came down to the sales floor.
>>
>> "How many customers bought something from you today?" The kid frowns and looks at the floor and mutters, "One".
>>
>> The boss says "Just one?!!? Our sales people average sales to 20 to 30 customers a day. That will have to change, and soon, if you'd like to continue your employment here. We have very strict standards for our sales force here in Florida . One sale a day might have been acceptable in Iowa , but you're not on the farm anymore, son."
>>
>> The kid took his beating, but continued to look at his shoes, so the boss felt kinda bad for chewing him out on his first day. He asked (semi-sarcastically), "So, how much was your one sale for?"
>>
>> The kid looks up at his boss and says "$101,237.65."
>>
>> The boss, astonished, says $101,237.65?!? What the heck did you sell?"
>>
>> The kid says, "Well, first, I sold him some new fish hooks. Then I sold him a new fishing rod to go with his new hooks. Then I asked him where he was going fishing and he said down the coast, so I told him he was going to need a boat, so we went down to the boat department and I sold him a twin engine Chris Craft. Then he said he didn't think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I took him down to the automotive department and sold him that 4 X 4 Expedition."
>>
>> The boss said "A guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you sold him a boat and a TRUCK!?"
>>
>> The kid said "No, the guy came in here to buy tampons for his wife, and I said, 'Dude, your weekend's shot, you should go fishing!"
>>
>>

mavrrrick
11-23-2018, 01:58 PM
LMFAO^^^^

Gonna post on FB if ya don't mind>>>PRICELESS!!

Boomer
11-23-2018, 02:08 PM
Awesome! I needed a good laugh, Thanks!

mavrrrick
11-23-2018, 02:42 PM
I'm still laughing!!!