PDA

View Full Version : Trip To Scarborough...

hammerhead
12-15-2018, 07:42 PM
The last time I went to Scarborough was 2005 to pick up a brand new Dodge Sprinter for work. Today I found myself going out to Scarborough again to do something I thought and had previously convinced myself I would never do again. All of you are responsible for this decision I made, and I'm very happy I did, thank you. Bill at Heritage Ford is a very bad man for dangling beautiful Mustangs and fantastic deals for all us vulnerable gear heads to see..lol...:sarcasm: This deal was done over the internet and unfortunately today I didn't get to meet Bill, but everyone I met a Heritage was top notch and Bill was easy to work with the whole way thru. For the first time I feel like I was on the winning end of a new car deal. (Don't tell Bill...lol) Spent a few hours on the 401 and man I love it - the only thing familiar to me is the power. It will take some seat time to get use to the easy shifting tranny and brakes that work. Took her thru some of my favorite curves up here in Melancthon and man she handles great. I was hoping to take her to work tomorrow but she' currently stuck in my ice covered rally car like driveway. It seems the only reason I go to Scarborough is to buy cars...lol some day I will take the time to see the bluffs! To my surprise the High Commander is ok with the purchase and is really happy I didn't buy another piece of shit. She didn't get pissed that I just decided without consultation (didn't tell her 'til I needed a lift....lol) and said I deserved it after all my years of hard work. Think she's a keeper...lol. Stole this pic from Heritage Thanks TMC I've been inspired by all of you in many ways....see you at Mustang meets!

Screw
12-15-2018, 07:49 PM
Flipping nice congrats
“High commander” cracks me up

hammerhead
12-15-2018, 07:53 PM
Flipping nice congrats
“High commander” cracks me up

Thanks - She is exactly that and believe me everyone in this house needs her! lol

CON VERT
12-15-2018, 08:02 PM
:merry_xmas: to YOU !

Rino
12-15-2018, 08:52 PM
:highfive:

Old Fart
12-15-2018, 09:14 PM
Very nice...congrats!!!

Stephen06GT
12-15-2018, 09:14 PM
Congrats!

ZR
12-15-2018, 09:21 PM
Very nice indeed, congrats on the new ride.

newbiestangowner
12-15-2018, 09:41 PM
Congrats on your purchase. Great reason to visit Scarborough :highfive:

Oh TMC has TRACK Days too :encouragement:

hsousa88
12-15-2018, 10:00 PM
Congrats!

FoxRod
12-15-2018, 10:11 PM
Sweet, congrats and enjoy....

Mustang4
12-15-2018, 10:13 PM
Congrats on picking up that beauty.
You will love the difference these new cars bring to the driving experience.
I'm very happy with my 2018.

Black Sheep
12-15-2018, 10:44 PM
Congratulations

hammerhead
12-15-2018, 10:56 PM
Congrats on your purchase. Great reason to visit Scarborough :highfive:

Oh TMC has TRACK Days too :encouragement:

looking forward to track days...

Scrape
12-16-2018, 12:09 AM
Congratulations Gerry. That is so awesome! :merry_xmas:

WidowrRacing
12-16-2018, 12:15 AM
Good for you man....congrats!!
I’m sure you will enjoy it especially come spring.

Scott
12-16-2018, 10:17 AM
Congratulations Gerry, she a beauty!

Armen
12-16-2018, 10:22 AM
Awesome ride! You will love it!

DELZZZ
12-16-2018, 10:52 AM
Congrats :highfive:
i love mine.
Bill's the man.

RedSN
12-16-2018, 10:53 AM
Wow wow wow.
Congrats on the new wheels.

...so does this mean the Pace gets kicked to the curb?

hammerhead
12-16-2018, 11:23 AM
Wow wow wow.
Congrats on the new wheels.

...so does this mean the Pace gets kicked to the curb?

Thanks - hahaha no I will finish the Pace maybe at a slower Pace...lol - it's kinda in my way

shakin
12-16-2018, 11:49 AM
Congrats! Nice looking ride. Very bright.

hammerhead
12-16-2018, 11:57 AM
Congrats! Nice looking ride. Very bright.

Thanks - it's a little flashy - but after being on the 401 for a while I felt like the other drivers seemed more aware and gave more space

Scrape
12-16-2018, 12:09 PM
That is how I felt with my GHIG GT. Once I got used to it, I never even gave it a second thought.

Thanks - it's a little flashy - but after being on the 401 for a while I felt like the other drivers seemed more aware and gave more space

hammerhead
12-16-2018, 12:53 PM
That is how I felt with my GHIG GT. Once I got used to it, I never even gave it a second thought.

there's one of those near Shelburne - definitely can be seen

FABMAN
12-16-2018, 03:51 PM
Congratulations man! You will absolutely love these S550 Mustangs! Power, comfort and the best styling (IMO) of any late model Mustang (only rivaled by the classic fastbacks in my eyes). Are you going to drive it in the winter or park it?

I have had a 5.0 fox notch lx, new edge GT coupe and I have never liked one better than my current S550....only bad news is that it may lessen the love for your fox...lol

Can’t wait to see it in the spring.

FABMAN
12-16-2018, 03:52 PM

They should bring back that colour to replace that current awful green that’s available on the 19s.

hammerhead
12-16-2018, 09:06 PM
Congratulations man! You will absolutely love these S550 Mustangs! Power, comfort and the best styling (IMO) of any late model Mustang (only rivaled by the classic fastbacks in my eyes). Are you going to drive it in the winter or park it?

I have had a 5.0 fox notch lx, new edge GT coupe and I have never liked one better than my current S550....only bad news is that it may lessen the love for your fox...lol

Can’t wait to see it in the spring..

Thanks - I may drive some days in the winter - currently cant get it out of my driveway...lol - tires don't work on ice. I have a lot of trees and don't want to risk it. I won't be buying snow tires and rims lol. Today would have been a nice day, saw a few cars out. It is a totally different driving experience. I've only owned fox bodies so I can't make a comparison to later models. The fox body was the kind of car that could be just thrown around - this new Mustang seems to want to be the driver...lol. The traction control wont let it be abused on ice shuts down power it seems. I really like driving it but it will take some getting use to. The power is there wow, smooth gains too, really hard to drive slow. I wasn't sure I would like the colour but when I saw it with other Mustangs at the dealer I thought it looked the best and I also don't think there will be many yellow Mustangs I don't recall seeing many of recent since the 90's. The 2018 styling changes from the few previous years are spot on imo. There was parts of the early ones I wasn't too keen on but Ford restyled all those areas just enough to make it work for me. The car is amazing and I cant wait to put tons of wax on it.

Yes I think I will loose the desire for the fox. I did drive my fox a lot the last few years and I think I was getting tired of it because of the amount of driving it was getting, it was beginning to feel like a regular Daily (but it was completely 1979 stock). It's become a purpose built car now mainly for off road and experimental fabrication. I cant see myself getting tired of the new Mustang. It just a different car with power and control, and has more shit on it then I will every use. Half the owners manual is about Syncing gadgets, lol, I will likely never read that section. I was very happy to find out it had a CD player...

Excited to meet the group in the spring!

Scrape
12-17-2018, 07:42 AM
I so agree Fab. That current green absolutely is horrible. I do miss this car sometimes. I still get many people telling me that this car was the best car they have seen me own.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/X-n9uyP4SYNqiDAP-lFnT67gOF1MF1svYJgQrqYdyoajB8ooF-5aHdQrxW_knhOYhWKFNm2jAg_YlnnN3TdQIX0ZaPjIIEFyRQwy w4qRkuzRB9wsmtv-zFO9XqOaZCleOH-DjLhkDeWIB93ihbuWi9GStzmtt7duI3Gv2bXnEwDzuwpRsQ_et EDoxfXV6JlnDNDw_Yr0C7FW9-iPjAExq_S6ax_9XHUgGIHTNHEtwOWXvx52N1AGeDnYraZL5oQl JnrMzX0UzjuU3AZS2bK_TlapDFNXAK8p-DXUjrxJgDMuQz-EoSS7mduwT58Jmfrkiu-RH9kzsYTyFP823hJMeF9kEQFpjUVySCjz9YHeG15X8QFKlCx4s Wi_bddUo1L9ryOV5QcOUTCinheKi7PK24U3juW9pxHbgT8eE6b vvMPrAz83IsA4x3EWfmECUayeSlfROunW-UvkXyc0RAXrrD5bjGsGGdLqc5T8P2q3IRxmGJkNTus4cgOo7qE SfzywYGyl4qgKK2fRw2-obQG2v-FSH69x_Ci95KR7VDDKWRDNdvphe7AKUn0Mmwzgdo9OuEbZdfpB j_FvFJ-U8ZzvozMWDWTgwebWbqGX-kCDnjV4u21q-FfuKjccNehnHJs6_Z0dngbqv0STu7IsFPJAy8Tt=w1024-h768-no

They should bring back that colour to replace that current awful green that’s available on the 19s.

hammerhead
12-17-2018, 08:41 AM
I so agree Fab. That current green absolutely is horrible. I do miss this car sometimes. I still get many people telling me that this car was the best car they have seen me own.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/X-n9uyP4SYNqiDAP-lFnT67gOF1MF1svYJgQrqYdyoajB8ooF-5aHdQrxW_knhOYhWKFNm2jAg_YlnnN3TdQIX0ZaPjIIEFyRQwy w4qRkuzRB9wsmtv-zFO9XqOaZCleOH-DjLhkDeWIB93ihbuWi9GStzmtt7duI3Gv2bXnEwDzuwpRsQ_et EDoxfXV6JlnDNDw_Yr0C7FW9-iPjAExq_S6ax_9XHUgGIHTNHEtwOWXvx52N1AGeDnYraZL5oQl JnrMzX0UzjuU3AZS2bK_TlapDFNXAK8p-DXUjrxJgDMuQz-EoSS7mduwT58Jmfrkiu-RH9kzsYTyFP823hJMeF9kEQFpjUVySCjz9YHeG15X8QFKlCx4s Wi_bddUo1L9ryOV5QcOUTCinheKi7PK24U3juW9pxHbgT8eE6b vvMPrAz83IsA4x3EWfmECUayeSlfROunW-UvkXyc0RAXrrD5bjGsGGdLqc5T8P2q3IRxmGJkNTus4cgOo7qE SfzywYGyl4qgKK2fRw2-obQG2v-FSH69x_Ci95KR7VDDKWRDNdvphe7AKUn0Mmwzgdo9OuEbZdfpB j_FvFJ-U8ZzvozMWDWTgwebWbqGX-kCDnjV4u21q-FfuKjccNehnHJs6_Z0dngbqv0STu7IsFPJAy8Tt=w1024-h768-no

I like that colour - reminds me of early mopar days - I saw a pick of the grabber blue an the GHIG beside each other and it reminded me of the 1970 grabber colours...

MUSTANGWOP
12-17-2018, 08:48 AM
Sweet purchase, congrats!

Armen
12-17-2018, 09:05 AM
I so agree Fab. That current green absolutely is horrible.

Really? I like it. It's got potential, imo!

http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15627&d=1545051827

Blackmare
12-17-2018, 09:14 AM
Congrats!

hammerhead
12-17-2018, 09:33 AM
Really? I like it. It's got potential, imo!

http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15627&d=1545051827

I'm into all the bright colour choices - it's just a refreshing change from the usual...all the mustang colours are cool and black always looks good

Darkhorse
12-17-2018, 08:46 PM
Congrats and N4G rocks IMO!

hammerhead
12-17-2018, 10:10 PM
Congrats and N4G rocks IMO!

thanks I think...lol my threads tend to get a little side tracked not sur what N4G...?

Armen
12-17-2018, 10:50 PM
Need For Green.

hammerhead
12-17-2018, 10:55 PM
Need For Green.

lol thanks - I suck when people speak in letters...must be a blonde thing!!!

FABMAN
12-18-2018, 12:46 AM

Personally, I think your M2 is the nicest performance car you have had. That thing has looks, power and balance. My favourite M car right now.

hammerhead
12-18-2018, 10:24 AM
On Sunday I returned home from work in the early afternoon so I had some time to check out the new ride a little closer. If you look at the pic the arrow points to part of the exhaust and I found this piece in the trunk. I'm assuming the previous owner removed it and replaced it with a cross-over pipe. Any thoughts on why he may have done this...? and is there any advantage...? My concerns are warranty.

Scrape
12-18-2018, 11:31 AM
Sounds like He did a resonator delete. The car would be a lot louder than stock. Warranty wise I am not sure.

Scrape
12-18-2018, 11:31 AM
Thanks Fabio. I agree as well :D

Personally, I think your M2 is the nicest performance car you have had. That thing has looks, power and balance. My favourite M car right now.

Armen
12-18-2018, 04:53 PM
Removing the resonator will not affect the warranty. It's just to quiet down the car for normal people (not us).

FABMAN
12-19-2018, 08:32 AM
That is the resonator that is often replaced with an h or x-pipe. This is mainly done because these cars are really too quiet for many Mustang GT owners. Ford then compensated for this quietness by adding a sound tube from the intake to the firewall to “pipe” in engine sound lost from the exhaust. Silly in my opinion (and I deleted mine).

Anyhow the resonator is also much heavier than the x or h pipe so there is a weight savings by replacing it. In addition the modification will add a more aggressive raspy tone to the exhaust to make it more Mustang like.

My car has a full borla s-type exhaust that adds an x-pipe as well as less restrictive mufflers and more aggressive black stainless exhaust tips. I love the sound and it even picked up a few extra ponies.

I would not be concerned with warranty as this doesn’t effect your emissions in any way.

hammerhead
12-19-2018, 08:43 AM
That is the resonator that is often replaced with an h or x-pipe. This is mainly done because these cars are really too quiet for many Mustang GT owners. Ford then compensated for this quietness by adding a sound tube from the intake to the firewall to “pipe” in engine sound lost from the exhaust. Silly in my opinion (and I deleted mine).

Anyhow the resonator is also much heavier than the x or h pipe so there is a weight savings by replacing it. In addition the modification will add a more aggressive raspy tone to the exhaust to make it more Mustang like.

My car has a full borla s-type exhaust that adds an x-pipe as well as less restrictive mufflers and more aggressive black stainless exhaust tips. I love the sound and it even picked up a few extra ponies.

I would not be concerned with warranty as this doesn’t effect your emissions in any way.

Thanks - sounds good - when I first started the car I thought it sounded louder than it should lol - I think the sound now is right on for the power. I don't find it loud in the cabin. The advancements are amazing. With that power to sound ratio compared to the old days with similar hp. Even drivability - back in the day not too many people would of consider 400 + hp a daily...lol

mavrrrick
12-19-2018, 09:32 AM
Nice ride brother!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZR
12-19-2018, 09:36 AM
You are absolutely good to go, enjoy.

hammerhead
02-02-2019, 08:56 AM
Since I purchased this s550 I've only had to opportunity to drive it twice - long story short I was not able to get much feedback from the clutch pedal and found it difficult to know or feel when it was engaging and riding it especially starting on a hill - to be honest it made me feel like a amateur blue hair with his first lambo...lol (I'm qualified to say that tons of gray...lol)

I saw on a video that a guy removed a helper spring from the clutch pedal to rectify this problem - my questions are:

Has anyone removed the helper spring from their s550?

Does anyone feel this way about their clutch pedal on the s550?

Do you think I just need to give it more seat time?

Screw
02-02-2019, 09:16 AM
^^^i feel the same when I drive my sons 350, doesn’t feel like ur normal clutch , he laughs at me cuz I feel rookie at it
The release point on his is also pretty high , I think they have some sort of incline assist but I may be wrong . I’d say seat time .

Scrape
02-02-2019, 09:42 AM
A Steeda helper spring will help greatly from what I read. This is applicable for both cars mentioned above.

Black Sheep
02-02-2019, 10:16 AM
Since I purchased this s550 I've only had to opportunity to drive it twice - long story short I was not able to get much feedback from the clutch pedal and found it difficult to know or feel when it was engaging and riding it especially starting on a hill - to be honest it made me feel like a amateur blue hair with his first lambo...lol (I'm qualified to say that tons of gray...lol)

I saw on a video that a guy removed a helper spring from the clutch pedal to rectify this problem - my questions are:

Has anyone removed the helper spring from their s550?

Does anyone feel this way about their clutch pedal on the s550?

Do you think I just need to give it more seat time?

I removed the spring assist from my 14 Shelby . It made a huge difference . Clutch is slightly heavier but way easier to control. Not sure on your model.

Screw
02-02-2019, 11:58 AM
Hey Hammerhead am I risking getting stuck in the stang going for a cruise through ur neck of the woods lol how are the roads ?

hammerhead
02-02-2019, 12:21 PM
Hey Hammerhead am I risking getting stuck in the stang going for a cruise through ur neck of the woods lol how are the roads ?

I commuted down to brampton this morning - the roads not too bad up here but still have light snow covering - the side roads not the best - intersection and in the small towns pretty slick - the roads dont really melt here because of the cold - if you hav snow tires you will be ok for the most part - I'm still in Brampton but i dont think thy wold have changed much - tomorrow may get light rain it will likely freeze on the roads - i know with my summer tires on the mustang it's a no go...

hammerhead
02-02-2019, 01:09 PM
I removed the spring assist from my 14 Shelby . It made a huge difference . Clutch is slightly heavier but way easier to control. Not sure on your model.

Thanks - think I will do that really don't like the way it feels!

Scrape
02-02-2019, 02:02 PM
I too removed the helper spring on my 13 GT and it felt better without it.

hammerhead
02-02-2019, 02:14 PM
I too removed the helper spring on my 13 GT and it felt better without it.

Thanks Laurence...think that's going to make it better - wonder why they put that it on there? I'm not that old...lol - guess I shouldn't of skipped a few gens!

hammerhead
02-02-2019, 02:47 PM
A Steeda helper spring will help greatly from what I read. This is applicable for both cars mentioned above.

is the Steeda spring a different spring tension...?

hammerhead
02-02-2019, 02:49 PM
^^^i feel the same when I drive my sons 350, doesn’t feel like ur normal clutch , he laughs at me cuz I feel rookie at it
The release point on his is also pretty high , I think they have some sort of incline assist but I may be wrong . I’d say seat time .

Kids eh...did you give him a cuff to the back of the head....lol

Scrape
02-02-2019, 03:10 PM
The Steeda Spring has a much softer spring which makes it easy and more consistent. Without any spring just gives it a firmer pedal feel.

hammerhead
02-15-2019, 11:36 PM

Spring is just around the corner and I need to change the oil. With all the hoopla over the tick, additives, and oil this is what I decided, and ordered a couple of cases and some extra life filters. This oil meets Fords Specification for the 5.0 engine WSS-M2C946-A asper the owners manual. Ford Canada recommends 5w-20 synthetic blend and for race application 5w-30 synthetic blend. The manual also list an optional oil with the same viscosity in full synthetic. I picked this boosted oil because it is formulated for direct injection. I was also not satisfied with Ford recommending of synthetic blend. And because I'm a nice guy I ordered a case of regular full synthetic 5w-20 and extended life filter for the High Commander's lack luster child proof and all round go getter Grand Caravan.

Now I need to find a giant drain pan...?

hammerhead
02-25-2019, 08:41 PM
Since I've purchased this car I've been obsessive with the engine oil and the tick. I thought I had the oil figured out but wasn't satisfied. Most of what I've read about the tick or more like a knock from the bottom end appeared after the first oil change and appeared to get softer when the engine warmed. I don't hear this noise in mine and I'm not sure if anyone at the TMC has heard it with theirs? With that in mind I continued to do more research on oil.

Originally I was going to use Amsoil but during my research on oil I studied the makeup of oil past and present. I also looked into many additives and the role they play. What I've found, zinc in oil is drastically reduced and been replaced largely with detergents and calcium. What I understand from most additives is they replace the role of zinc with either zinc or a similar ingredient that performs like zinc. What the zinc does is protect rod bearing and rings during combustion by forming a layer on the moving parts once the engine has warmed. The detergents roll is to clean the working parts and will remove what little zinc is in todays oil preventing from doing it job. Back to the Amsoil OE appears to be straight synthetic with little or no detergent, zinc unknown and an average change interval - the boosted has a higher detergent ingredient for a longer interval and may be a better base oil before additives than the OE - The Signature Series claims to have a one year change interval with also higher detergents. Of the three the the Signature Series I think, is the best of the three but I wouldn't go the full year or 24,000 before a change. Form my reading this extended periods are achieved with a quality base and in todays oil chemistry higher and higher levels of detergent additives and less zinc to achieve the longer intervals. I've decided not to use either one of these oils because I could not find the levels of zinc or if they even have zinc. Some may argue that zinc cause's catalytic egr issues and may if mixed with a poor base oil that has a low temperature threshold. So to make a long story short I found an oil developed thru Joe Gibbs racing.

They offer an oil specificlly developed for Fords Coyote and boosted 5.0's, but I chose this oils because it was developed for direct injection and has over 1000 parts per million of zinc and considerably less detergents. I had an email chat with an Driven oil rep. and they believe this will be the best oil for my Coyote. I'm not knocking other oils or additives but this is a controlled blend with a quality base and a high heat threshold (which is important when talking pvc recirculation). I will continue to use Amsoil in the High Commanders low torq low HP mini van . They also blend full on race oil's, say they aren't suitable for street use.
Only thing I have to obsess about now is the oil filter...lol - would love to hear anyone's thoughts...!

Screw
02-25-2019, 08:58 PM
Great research, hope it makes a difference and/or keeps the tick away

hammerhead
02-25-2019, 09:51 PM
Great research, hope it makes a difference and/or keeps the tick away

thanks - there's a lot more to it just trying to keep it short - the additive you shared in another post is probably okay for the engine the only draw back I see is the expense and it's not a controlled amount. The additive doesn't raise the quality of the oil base - The high detergent will also clean away the additives designed to protect. The knock seems to appear after the first oil change which makes me wonder what Ford is putting in at the factory as opposed to what the owners manual states. I was thinking of sending an oil sample to a lab to see what its make up is....

hammerhead
03-24-2019, 07:09 PM

pulled this vintage floor mat from the 81 fox and planted into the passenger side of the s550 - can't be all new - story for the large pic been working on the desk top lately and haven't mastered it yet (like i ever will)

hammerhead
04-24-2019, 08:42 PM

May 12, 2019 the sun goes down on the competition....lol 1st event. just need a helmet now too protect the pavement!

newbiestangowner
04-24-2019, 08:48 PM

May 12, 2019 the sun goes down on the competition....lol 1st event. just need a helmet now too protect the pavement!

Nice!!! Good luck!
You coming may 13??? That means you’ll be warmed up lol
Just try not to break anything MR. lol

hammerhead
04-24-2019, 10:18 PM
^^^^so far its a yes - need to wait until closer to the day to commit - i don't carry credit cards and will have to commit and pay on the day - looking forward to the tracks and meeting more members - you will get to see first hand what real hammerhead looks, smells, and drives like lol - and i might even call you a funny name - but not lead foot...lol

hammerhead
05-08-2019, 09:43 PM
Nice!!! Good luck!
You coming may 13??? That means you’ll be warmed up lol
Just try not to break anything MR. lol

The first event is this Sunday May 12 - ready as i will every b i guess. Got some pretty big hitters in my field so far:

Nissan 370z
'94 Z28
2018 Cayman GTS
Nissan GTR
not one but two Porsche 718GTS
I believe there is also a new Alfa (not entered yet) have seen Lotus Esprits at some events and a McClaren.

Last time I Competed I was in the division with my stock 79 fox. It was hardly fair but i did pretty good and may have been a bit of a threat if i didn't hit so many cones...lol

This year will even the score a little and hopefully kick some foreign ass!!

newbiestangowner
05-09-2019, 01:11 AM
Too confusing for me, figuring out where exactly I’m going is what will slow me down
Have you seen anyone totally get lost ? kinda made their own course lol.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190509/1c82cb968556bdd53b36ff28feea35eb.jpg

Hammer you'll be happy to know that at TMP there are some cones too ;)

hammerhead
06-10-2019, 10:51 PM
Yesterday was the second event for the season. The sun was out and so too where the photographers. I will be he first one to tell I suck at autoX but try to please the crowd in other ways. My favourite part of autoX is when someone gets in the car with me and I ask, "what are you driving" and they reply "a volvo bla bla bla" - I reply, "oh nice, I must warn you you won't learn anything about the autoX with me I'm new." They reply "That's ok I've just never been in a Mustang before" and by then I'm hammering into the first corner, and I can see from the corner of my eye sheer panic as they grab what ever then can and stiffen right up. I'm kinda of chuckling inside by now, as I'm sure they probably feel like their just about the be in a Mustang crowd killer fail on you tube lol...but by the end they have a pretty big grin on their faces. These first three shote are likely my first run when i took it relatively easy. Here I'm entering the slalom part of the course and it looks as tho i'm executing this area very well. Needles to say this was my only clean run. These three photo's from Eric Ye.

these next two shots are my next balls to the walls run thru the same slalom. Needles to say my entrance to the slalom gate this time around was a much different approach. Before the slalom is a sweeping curve to the right which you then enter the slalom to the left. I came smoking thru the curve drifter style with so much speed the only way i was going to get the car back left was to light up the tires and fish tail it around to the left. The bottom picture was a brilliant shot, to my left just outside of the shot is the cone i need to get around before i begin the slalom. The best part about this run was the guy beside me. I warned him i wouldn't be able to teach him much about the course his reply was "Thats ok i would rather go wth someone slow" lol He was driving a Volt by the way.

hammerhead
06-10-2019, 10:53 PM
To go with above ^^^^

Sorry not to sure what i did there with the pics. So i'm thinking that by the end of it all - i will either have learned self control or I will be e braking....lol but it's a blast!

newbiestangowner
06-10-2019, 11:10 PM
Thanks for posting. Looks like a blast!! Time for Pilot 4’s??? Lol
I only saw one pylon down, and those light posts??

hammerhead
06-11-2019, 07:59 AM
Haha yah the light posts - they are not in the way - some off the cones that are down indicate the direction to go thru... It's a lot of information to process while driving fast.

damha
06-11-2019, 09:55 AM
loookin good hammerhead!! I was tricked into signing up to AUTOX out in Bowmanville On June 29th! i think at lunch they will host some alligator lapping on the actual GP track, thats what im really excited for!

i have no idea what im doing, guaranteed ill forget the track first corner in! LOL. should be exciting.

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/casc-regional-autoslalom-event-5-omsc-canadian-tire-motorsport-park-ontario-394972

hammerhead
06-11-2019, 10:05 AM
loookin good hammerhead!! I was tricked into signing up to AUTOX out in Bowmanville On June 29th! i think at lunch they will host some alligator lapping on the actual GP track, thats what im really excited for!

i have no idea what im doing, guaranteed ill forget the track first corner in! LOL. should be exciting.

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/casc-regional-autoslalom-event-5-omsc-canadian-tire-motorsport-park-ontario-394972

Excellent - I saw a post for the gator lapping but it didn't mention the autox - must be with the time attack guys. I'm hoping to get into the time attack events maybe next year. I find their website very unclear and confusing - autox is a challenge but there will be plenty of people there to help you out - in the beginning its best to have an open mind and just go out and have fun...good luck post some pics if you get any....

hammerhead
07-17-2019, 10:54 PM

This past weekend was the half way point and four events of eight completed - in the last two events I managed to complete 9 out of 10 runs. During the last event i accidentally slipped into classic "Crowd Control" mode. Screeching tires and rubber smoke filled the air. Good thing there was no curbs but i did come close to a light standard, a marshal station, and very close to taking out the timing gear. Not to mention probably scared the crap out of a young Mazda owner who braved a ride with Hammerhead...lol - It's tough to judge improvement in time because each event is a different layout. The first two where tight and technical and the second two open and quicker. But I've managed to improve my times by 7 - 8 seconds. There are four more events and during these events I will be trying to shave off a minimum of 7 seconds to become a real threat in my division....got my eyes set on the cayman! So far it's been a blast!!!

newbiestangowner
07-17-2019, 11:08 PM
Excellent, sounds like a blast. How’s your tires holding up ?

hammerhead
07-17-2019, 11:15 PM
Excellent, sounds like a blast. How’s your tires holding up ?

hope they make it to the next track day - after the High Commander gets her furnace i have to get some new ones...lol

newbiestangowner
07-17-2019, 11:19 PM
hope they make it to the next track day - after the High Commander gets her furnace i have to get some new ones...lol

I see lol
Kinda one for one deal

hammerhead
07-21-2019, 09:25 PM

today the High Commander stepped out into public with me and my two little peach faced love birds the four of us went out to Champ Burger and parked beside gramps...he sounded like he had a healthy 289 with respectable Mustang sound

hammerhead
07-22-2019, 10:04 AM
The High Commander requested the scenic route last night and it went something like this - and then I'm never going with daddy again...hahahaha

Www.facebook.com/gerry.thibeault.5

hammerhead
07-22-2019, 10:15 AM
∆∆∆∆∆ up one more

hammerhead
07-22-2019, 11:42 AM
Managed to share the link on my time line - I suck at thus stuff...∆∆∆∆∆

newbiestangowner
07-22-2019, 03:59 PM
The High Commander requested the scenic route last night and it went something like this - and then I'm never going with daddy again...hahahaha

Www.facebook.com/gerry.thibeault.5

So u went sideways ???or u wore a bandanna like a robber and drive it like u stole it??

hammerhead
07-22-2019, 04:26 PM
So u went sideways ???or u wore a bandanna like a robber and drive it like u stole it??

You have to watch the video - click on the link will take you to my fb page its the only way I could figure out how to share the video

newbiestangowner
07-22-2019, 05:16 PM
Video worked but good I have a Facebook account I never use.

Lol- funny how High Commanders all sound the same.

RedSN
07-23-2019, 08:36 AM
Managed to share the link on my time line - I suck at thus stuff...∆∆∆∆∆

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fB7wuY6KhI&feature=share

hammerhead
07-23-2019, 08:41 AM
Hahahaha thanks Don't - that's so funny

hammerhead
07-28-2019, 10:30 PM

Had a great day, until this.

newbiestangowner
07-28-2019, 10:49 PM
Oh Gerry , hope everything is ok with you physically and that you didn’t get hurt!

Take care buddy!

Harbinger
07-29-2019, 05:00 AM
wish you all the best friend. We all make mistakes in the end and what's important is that we learn from them. But the most important thing is that you are okay.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

ZR
07-29-2019, 06:51 AM
So long as everyone can walk away, life is good, cars can be replaced.

Stephen06GT
07-29-2019, 07:54 AM
Don’t get too down on yourself. As long as nobody was injured, that is the main thing. As others have said, cars can be repaired or replaced. Hang in there.

RedSN
07-29-2019, 08:49 AM
Really really sorry to hear this Gerry, glad you're okay though.

May want to have the mods do some editing, I'd hate to see the insurance companies come sniffing around here.

hammerhead
07-29-2019, 10:04 AM

May want to have the mods do some editing, I'd hate to see the insurance companies come sniffing around here.

Never though of that if that's the best thing to do then by all means remove the post - I just felt I needed to let everyone know how easy this can happen - its been something I've been aware of for years and it just so happened it was driving this car - also didn't want to just disappear and hide the fact from everyone ...but yes maybe the post should be removed I'm OK with that.

Old Fart
07-29-2019, 10:21 AM

Or at least edit the content. Glad you are ok.

Stephen06GT
07-29-2019, 12:08 PM
Never though of that if that's the best thing to do then by all means remove the post - I just felt I needed to let everyone know how easy this can happen - its been something I've been aware of for years and it just so happened it was driving this car - also didn't want to just disappear and hide the fact from everyone ...but yes maybe the post should be removed I'm OK with that.

Edit complete. Good luck Hammerhead.

hammerhead
07-29-2019, 12:45 PM
Edit complete. Good luck Hammerhead.

Thanks Stephen - my offer still stands on the k member its off the car I believe the condition is good its been a few years since I've looked at it - I'm just not sure if the t bird is a fox platform like some of the other fords....

Armen
07-30-2019, 04:40 PM
Well that’s very disappointing. Glad you’re ok.

Scrape
07-30-2019, 04:52 PM
Woah! Glad you guys are ok! That hurts to see.

FABMAN
07-31-2019, 03:14 PM
On Man, sorry to hear this happened, hope you are okay.

Screw
07-31-2019, 08:05 PM
Wow just saw this sorry to hear man , glad ur ok but wow shiat man

hammerhead
08-01-2019, 08:44 AM
On Man, sorry to hear this happened, hope you are okay.

Yes I'm fine - noticed a few bruises from the seat belt last night but good - more upset with myself than anything...

hammerhead
08-01-2019, 08:47 AM
Wow just saw this sorry to hear man , glad ur ok but wow shiat man

Thanks buddy all is good just dealing with the insurance now kinda waiting for them to see what the next move will be...

True Blue
08-01-2019, 09:42 AM
Damn that's horrible. Glad to hear you are ok and nobody else was seriously hurt. Take care of yourself!

FABMAN
08-01-2019, 02:59 PM
Yes I'm fine - noticed a few bruises from the seat belt last night but good - more upset with myself than anything...

Don't be upset, shit happens to everyone and no one is perfect. On the bright side, if insurance writes it off Bill has a bunch of 2019s on the lot that he could probably score you a killer deal on. Maybe even a velocity blue PP2 car....

Either way, glad you are ok.

hammerhead
08-01-2019, 03:08 PM
Don't be upset, shit happens to everyone and no one is perfect. On the bright side, if insurance writes it off Bill has a bunch of 2019s on the lot that he could probably score you a killer deal on. Maybe even a velocity blue PP2 car....

Either way, glad you are ok.

Lol yah I've been talking Bill - I saw that one there shhhh! Don't tell screw there's only one blue one! Lol

ZR
08-01-2019, 04:00 PM
Bill will get you fixed up and back in the saddle in no time.

Screw
08-01-2019, 05:38 PM
Lol yah I've been talking Bill - I saw that one there shhhh! Don't tell screw there's only one blue one! Lol

Blue ftw :)

hammerhead
08-01-2019, 06:19 PM
Blue ftw :)

I checked again they have two blue

newbiestangowner
08-01-2019, 06:23 PM
I checked again they have two blue

U 2 should time it- maybe get better deal buying two. I think John is just being lazy to go- his homeline line of credit is ready to be used lol

Mine is joint so High Commander would know

Screw
08-01-2019, 07:49 PM
U 2 should time it- maybe get better deal buying two. I think John is just being lazy to go- his homeline line of credit is ready to be used lol

Mine is joint so High Commander would know

Idk man my mattress not as stacked I think she found it , lemme check the other spots....
Btw I’m too thrifty to buy new , so the 2nd Blue one is for you . Waiting for fall for the right vert

FABMAN
08-01-2019, 08:46 PM

Honestly, I think velocity blue may be my favourite colour EVER offered on a Mustang. Man they look so damn right on that body style.

Scrape
08-01-2019, 08:52 PM
Velocity, Lightning and Grabber. All beautiful colours.

hammerhead
08-01-2019, 09:15 PM
Idk man my mattress not as stacked I think she found it , lemme check the other spots....
Btw I’m too thrifty to buy new , so the 2nd Blue one is for you . Waiting for fall for the right vert

saw a 2018 gt350 on kijiji yesterday - sorry not much of a link guy but should be hard to find (private sale) black i believe

hammerhead
08-01-2019, 09:17 PM
Honestly, I think velocity blue may be my favourite colour EVER offered on a Mustang. Man they look so damn right on that body style.

got my eyes on one of those many Mustangs unfortunately its a case of hurry up and wait....no spilling any beans yet!

- - - Updated - - -

Velocity, Lightning and Grabber. All beautiful colours.

there's a green one with your name all over and i don't know what Rick is waiting for cause they have a ton of red ones...lol

Scrape
08-01-2019, 09:23 PM
That GT500 green is really close to my GHIG. Any other green won’t do. I would do another colour before the green. But I love my Long Beach Blue M2.
got my eyes on one of those many Mustangs unfortunately its a case of hurry up and wait....no spilling any beans yet!

- - - Updated - - -

there's a green one with your name all over and i don't know what Rick is waiting for cause they have a ton of red ones...lol

Screw
08-01-2019, 09:28 PM
saw a 2018 gt350 on kijiji yesterday - sorry not much of a link guy but should be hard to find (private sale) black i believe

Ahmmmm thrifty =economic doesn’t go with GT350 , used new to me 5.0 is good nuff

hammerhead
08-01-2019, 09:34 PM
Ahmmmm thrifty =economic doesn’t go with GT350 , used new to me 5.0 is good nuff

might be able to hook you up with a 79 soon....lol

Scrape
08-01-2019, 09:37 PM
lol! Poor John. John, go see Bill!
might be able to hook you up with a 79 soon....lol

newbiestangowner
08-01-2019, 09:39 PM

Who u kidding ?

Lol- nothing is ever good enough with Stang owners

hammerhead
08-01-2019, 09:42 PM
Who u kidding ?

Lol- nothing is ever good enough with Stang owners

yep its obvious stuffing a mattress wasn't a good idea - just spend it...lol

newbiestangowner
08-01-2019, 09:43 PM
yep its obvious stuffing a mattress wasn't a good idea - just spend it...lol

At least u guys have something to spend lol

Where u gonna take all that cash anyway after? U know “ after”

hammerhead
08-08-2019, 09:03 PM
Finally heard from the insurance co today (must be getting paid by the hour) and it looks promising...

newbiestangowner
08-08-2019, 09:48 PM
Finally heard from the insurance co today (must be getting paid by the hour) and it looks promising...

That’s good news so far Hammer!

ZR
08-08-2019, 09:57 PM
Best of news.

Scrape
08-08-2019, 10:48 PM
Cool stuff.

billcaitken
08-14-2019, 03:15 PM
we have replacments in stock.....just sayin

billcaitken
08-14-2019, 03:22 PM
Also bringing in a 2003 Cobra 10th anniv vert this weekend with 16k on it if interested....

hammerhead
08-15-2019, 09:06 AM
we have replacments in stock.....just sayin

Playing the waiting game Bill - maybe they're waiting for me to call sit tight.

hammerhead
09-24-2019, 07:30 PM
Wow - its hard to believe the accident was July 18, I believe - never been one for managing dates. It's given me a lot of time to think. Ups, Downs, constant replaying, and what if's. It was a hot, fast adventure unlike that with a woman you shouldn't be with and then it was over. A lot of things have changed for me since and are going to continue to change rapidly in the near future. It also seems my children still need me, especially my little whippet who's on a quest to take the equine world by storm. Just before I purchased the Mustang, I was working on a second property deal but it feel thru and that opened the door for the mustang. Always never sure about the mustang purchase and soon fell in love with it and the colour and never really felt I deserved it. I was just beginning to uncork it's potential and I think that bothers me the most. All those questions leading up to the purchase filled the void again, waiting for the dust to settle. So the choice wasn't easy but for now is the right one - my children have reminded me I wasn't old enough yet to spoil myself and so I made another Trip to Scarborough. Bill and Adrian took good care of me and this is what I came home with.

The quest to race cars is not going to change. The accident in no shape or form has made me rethink my need for speed or made me feel inadequate behind the wheel, in fact it's the opposite. I firmly believe my driving skill saved mine and perhaps other lives. It's really, you had to be there situation. I joined this group because of track days and all of you have welcomed me. I will be working hard over the winter to make the spring track and hope the opportunity next year will still be around...! Took the High Commander for a ride in the country and it sounded like this..." Will you slow down. Your not driving the Mustang. You know this is a pick up truck, right, not a sports car?"...lol some things will never change.

newbiestangowner
09-24-2019, 07:36 PM
Congrats on the purchase Gerry! Looking real good!

Scrape
09-24-2019, 08:53 PM
Very cool. Congratulations.

Screw
09-24-2019, 10:17 PM
Nothing wrong with a nice F , congrats :thumbsup:

mavrrrick
09-25-2019, 06:20 AM
Nice pick up brother!!! Congrats [emoji323]

FABMAN
09-25-2019, 07:15 AM
Congratulations Gerry, is it a coyote or an eco boost model?

hammerhead
09-25-2019, 07:37 AM
Congratulations Gerry, is it a coyote or an eco boost model?

coyote of course...lol

- - - Updated - - -

it is nice - I have work to do now...lol

ZR
09-25-2019, 07:45 AM
Super sweet in white, hope you enjoy it.

Ghost Rider
09-25-2019, 11:25 AM

LOL...

Ghost Rider
09-25-2019, 11:26 AM
Congrats on the new Rig hammer!

hammerhead
09-25-2019, 11:42 AM
LOL...

I was thinking the same thing lol - and I will stop there...lol

True Blue
09-25-2019, 10:27 PM
Screw and GR are probably wondering, did you get the tech package?? LoL :)

newbiestangowner
09-25-2019, 10:35 PM
Screw and GR are probably wondering, did you get the tech package?? LoL :)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190926/6b52162bd4f44a99bcae0cddefbdddcd.jpg

hammerhead
09-26-2019, 10:04 AM
I'm chuckling - but don't know what that is....lol got Hair Nation tho

newbiestangowner
09-26-2019, 10:05 AM
I'm chuckling - but don't know what that is....lol got Hair Nation tho

I think the two had some confusion on what tech package is lol

Screw
09-26-2019, 07:23 PM