PDA

View Full Version : Suspension upgrades for a v6 2014 coupe

Joronto
12-27-2018, 10:25 PM
Hey guys, so recently my rear shocks and sway bar links went to shit, I replaced the links and got monroe spectrum shocks, needless to say not too thrilled with the ride in the back. Got me thinking about a full upgrade front and back as my fronts need to be done soon too

Question is, what a good recommended set up for your average joe? Better ride than stock with more control but not for racing is what I'm looking at.

Any links to product or feedback would be great!

hammerhead
12-27-2018, 11:07 PM
your shocks may be ok but may need to replace the coil springs, panhard bushings or bars, or other links bushings- not really too sure what your looking for or what or what the symptoms are - if your looking to lower the car and still have relative comfort a progressive coil spring may be the route to go

Joronto
12-27-2018, 11:46 PM
your shocks may be ok but may need to replace the coil springs, panhard bushings or bars, or other links bushings- not really too sure what your looking for or what or what the symptoms are - if your looking to lower the car and still have relative comfort a progressive coil spring may be the route to go

So I replaced the seat bar links and the original knocking noise went away so that good. My good friend who's a mechanic said there was way more bounce to my back end. So I replaced shocks. Still no difference in bounce. I'm thinking springs but after only 5 years I find it hard to believe.

ZR
12-27-2018, 11:48 PM
What shocks did you install?

Joronto
12-27-2018, 11:53 PM
What shocks did you install?

Monroe OE spectrums. Apparently premium but I doubt that

ZR
12-27-2018, 11:56 PM
Sorry to tell you, those shocks are not even as good as what your car came with.
Springs control height, shocks control movement.

Joronto
12-28-2018, 12:18 AM
Sorry to tell you, those shocks are not even as good as what your car came with.
Springs control height, shocks control movement.

Can you reccomend a better one please?

ZR
12-28-2018, 12:47 AM
If your on a budget or not looking to spend too much, KYB Gas Adjust (not GR2) are a decent option.
If budget will allow, set of Bilsteins will get things well under control and are also up to the task if you lower it later on.

Joronto
12-28-2018, 01:48 AM
If your on a budget or not looking to spend too much, KYB Gas Adjust (not GR2) are a decent option.
If budget will allow, set of Bilsteins will get things well under control and are also up to the task if you lower it later on.

Cool thanks ! Know any where I can go pick those up tommorow? Lol I hate ordering online

ZR
12-28-2018, 02:00 AM
I really doubt your going to find on the shelf anywhere around town but worth calling DaSilva's to double check.
Keep in mind Barone Perf can also order for you.
Also good chance one of our Ford Dealer sponsors can get aftermarket shocks.

Slick_89_Hatch
12-28-2018, 10:34 AM
Check Kijiji, or may be facebook marketplace, there are some Koni Yellow's for sale on there for $550 for a full set.

Screw
12-28-2018, 10:52 AM
Can you reccomend a better one please?

Ask for Lou
https://www.baroneperformance.com/

Joronto
12-28-2018, 11:52 AM
Just picked up the KYB gas a just , pretty good deal at dial auto parts. Hopefully this smoothes things out!!

hsousa88
12-28-2018, 01:52 PM
Ah.. monroe shocks. Learned the hard way about those years ago.. good luck with your car.

hammerhead
12-29-2018, 12:28 AM
Just picked up the KYB gas a just , pretty good deal at dial auto parts. Hopefully this smoothes things out!!

let us know how it works out for you...!

Joronto
12-29-2018, 02:21 PM
Hey all! Everything on and what a difference!! Before if I turned corners too fast I'd feel like I was going to lose it. Not last night! Shocks are great! Thanks to everyone for all the advice and support. You guys are amaze

ZR
12-29-2018, 07:07 PM
Good to hear the fix was just that easy, thanks for posting results.