PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Alignment recommendations

DinoZ
01-08-2019, 12:29 AM
Recently added and installed more aftermarket parts to hopefully further enhance handling. Would someone be able to recommend to me what I need to tell the alignment shop for both caster and camber adjustment values.

2007 gt vert
Rims 10” rears, 9” fronts,18” Mickey Thompsons
Lowered, Eibach pro springs , adj panhard bar
Koni yellows struts and shocks
Max. Motor sports adj. caster camber plates
BMR non adjustable front control arms, BMR rear lower control arms
Steeda bumpsteer kit
Hotchkiss front,rear sway bars, adj end links

I’ve installed the BMR front lower control arms and the steeda bumpsteer kit over the past 2 weeks but messed up whatever alignment I may have had.

When I had the alignment done last year, all above was done with the exception of the front control arms and the bumpsteer kit so it needs to be aligned again.

The instructions I had given the shop were to align at a 1 degree negative camber at the time. Satisfactory I suppose but still not that sense of “wow I really like this”

With the above can someone recommend a preferred degree of camber and or castor or both for enthusiastic cornering.

I’m hoping I have explained this properly.

ZR
01-08-2019, 07:50 AM
If you head out to Can Alignment with it, based on your intended use, he will adjust accordingly. The difference between someone that does alignments and someone who truly knows what the various settings does for handling can make a difference that is literally night and day.

RioCobra
01-08-2019, 08:31 AM
I couldn't agree more with Rick.
Scott at Can Alignment knows what he's doing.
Here is a thread I posted last year:
http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/showthread.php?13275-Wheel-Alignment-and-Pinion-Angle-Finally-Resolved&highlight=

ZR
01-08-2019, 08:37 AM
My car always drove well on the street and at the track, night and day difference since visiting Scott. I did however need to make a second trip to have him dial out some of what felt so good on the track in order to find a happy medium with what felt good on the street. That part however is totally on me, he'd said up front what it would feel like I on the street, had no idea he could be that accurate. Extremely pleased where it's ended up.

Slick_89_Hatch
01-08-2019, 11:06 AM
Make sure to book way in advance!!!!!

RioCobra
01-08-2019, 01:46 PM
Make sure to book way in advance!!!!!

Like book now for April lol

NickD
01-08-2019, 02:19 PM
Rick what was the guys name that you recommended me in Watertown? He was a racer and did a great job and fit me in at night even

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Slick_89_Hatch
01-08-2019, 03:49 PM
Nick it's the guy we are speaking of, Scott at Can Alignment.

ZR
01-08-2019, 04:06 PM
^ Exactly.

DinoZ
01-08-2019, 05:21 PM
Thanks fellows, I have placed the call to Scott and await to see how far out he is.

ZR
01-09-2019, 09:39 AM
Interested to hear your feedback, some drive a substantial distance to deal with him, no one I know of has ever regretted it.

DinoZ
01-09-2019, 12:59 PM
Interested to hear your feedback, some drive a substantial distance to deal with him, no one I know of has ever regretted it.

Thanks Rick, will advise as soon as I have further information. As I’m out in Oakville, the distance is relatively close by.

It’s too bad you don’t have the facilities to do so as from what I can read in this forum, you know everything else.

ZR
01-09-2019, 01:37 PM
I respect the fact he's done more alignments vs what I'd ever do + has extensive time on the track and knows how to apply. One of those leave the job to a professional kinda deals.

DinoZ
01-09-2019, 01:45 PM
I respect the fact he's done more alignments vs what I'd ever do + has extensive time on the track and knows how to apply. One of those leave the job to a professional kinda deals.

Sure, I understand. I have left messages but he is either too busy or perhaps away on vacation, will advise

ZR
01-09-2019, 02:17 PM
Can be a challenge to reach sometimes.

Slick_89_Hatch
01-10-2019, 10:09 AM
I find i've had the best luck reaching him between 5 and 6pm.

DinoZ
01-10-2019, 04:56 PM
I find i've had the best luck reaching him between 5 and 6pm.

Thanks Slick I’ll try that as I’ve had no luck so far

DinoZ
01-14-2019, 06:40 PM
I was able to communicate with Scott only via email, so it’s in the process, thank you all for the recommendation. Seems like one helluva nice guy.