PDA

View Full Version : Car tech/ options

5.4MarkVIII
01-18-2019, 10:17 AM
I know we have had talks about some of the ubundant safety features that are available now on cars but wondering about stuff that is not available

Any ideas for options that your think should be standard or at least an option on all cars?

How about a feature from days gone by that should be brought back or you miss?

For me it’s the the Volvo we used to have, had a defrost line directly under the wipers when they are in the park position. So in the winter you never had a frozen wiper. No streaky ice clumps. And my wipers lasted way longer than on any other car.

Other might be auto headlights. F150 has it and my first car (87 cougar) had it
One of the best options hands down and should be standard on every car on the road

Blackmare
01-18-2019, 10:22 AM
https://youtu.be/8avOiTUcD4Y

Stephen06GT
01-18-2019, 10:25 AM
Agree about the defroster for the wipers. And I think the feds have mandated automatic headlights for 2020.

Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT
01-18-2019, 11:26 AM
Most vehicles these days have autolamps as standard equipment … the trouble is, people won't put them in the "auto" setting, or they don't know about the feature.

Old Fart
01-18-2019, 11:29 AM
My son's Toyota Venza has the heated wipers. One option I'd like to see is a lock on the passenger door!!

5.4MarkVIII
01-18-2019, 11:34 AM
Sorry by auto headlights I ment the auto high beams.
That dim automatically when cars are oncoming/ in town.

Old Fart
01-18-2019, 11:37 AM
lol...my wife's Toyota Rav has the auto high beams...IMO not a great option. Sometimes it works sometimes not... so we just turned it off.

Scrape
01-18-2019, 12:45 PM
I have auto high beam now but never get to use it. My Infiniti had it as well and worked perfectly on those rural roads.

5.4MarkVIII
01-18-2019, 01:23 PM
lol...my wife's Toyota Rav has the auto high beams...IMO not a great option. Sometimes it works sometimes not... so we just turned it off.

Can you adjust the sensitivity?
If they are adjustable I find they work best with the sensitivity maxed. Then they will turn off for tail lights as well if your following someone