PDA

View Full Version : Post whatever is on your mind!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96

TurboFox
04-29-2015, 07:51 PM
I feel like racing some bikes. WANT MY CAR BACK ALREADY

Screw
04-29-2015, 09:51 PM
I feel like racing some bikes or cman WANT MY CAR BACK ALREADY

Sorry had to adjust ^^ :)

jibbijib
04-29-2015, 11:22 PM
I want to change my last name to Burr so I can name my son Tim.

WTF
04-30-2015, 05:18 PM
taking advantage of this nice stretch of weather by getting a nice coat of oil on the backyard deck, pergola etc

nice to beat the green schmeng from hell that'll be coming off the tress in about 2 weeks....or I woulda had to wait until June

freshly oiled Ipe looks like freakin furniture

deck will be 100% uninterupted chillzone from next week until October

baddbullitt
04-30-2015, 06:07 PM
Was a great day at the track today! The road course had a great turnout!! I think everyone got the cobwebs out of their rides today!!!
Some great times on the 1/4 as well.. Hit a new PB in my ride! Laid a hurtin on some unsuspecting coyotes to boot!! Boo yeah :P

Lips
04-30-2015, 06:35 PM
Morning from Christchurch!!!!!!

Harbinger
04-30-2015, 06:43 PM
I smoked two civics simultaneously. Gotta love two servings of fried rice :)

WTF
05-01-2015, 11:27 AM
this Tesla dude has just released a game-changer for homeowners wanting to go off-grid in various ways

a $3500 (US) battery

combine it with a few solar panels and you can tell that Hag Premier of ours to stick her fucking hydro increases up her nasty crevice

Screw
05-01-2015, 04:48 PM
Interested & interesting ^^

Ray721
05-01-2015, 04:59 PM
this Tesla dude has just released a game-changer for homeowners wanting to go off-grid in various ways

a $3500 (US) battery

combine it with a few solar panels and you can tell that Hag Premier of ours to stick her fucking hydro increases up her nasty crevice

Something I've been thinking about. Nothing I'd to in my current suburb home but it would be great for a more rural house with a few acres.

Screw
05-01-2015, 05:10 PM
Beer time and clean out my van so I can see the floor :/ , once I'm done that ill need to tackle the garage cuz my van contents will cover that floor too ...:shrug:

Ray721
05-01-2015, 08:24 PM
The junior chicken and little bacon cheeseburger are having a battle royal in my stomach.

#mcregret #notlovinit #fuckmcdonalds!!!!!

hsousa88
05-01-2015, 08:45 PM
The junior chicken and little bacon cheeseburger are having a battle royal in my stomach.

#mcregret #notlovinit #fuckmcdonalds!!!!!

junior chicken > life

ZR
05-01-2015, 08:49 PM
Have any more details Tim?

WTF
05-02-2015, 08:07 AM
Have any more details Tim?

http://business.financialpost.com/fp-tech-desk/tesla-motor-incs-elon-musk-wants-to-reinvent-electricity-with-a-mind-blowing-plan-thats-totally-off-the-grid

looks like the batteries will hit the market by 2017....my guess is by that point there will also be combo packages available to go solar panels with the battery and go right off the grid

at worst with just the battery....you've got back up power in case of a power outage...plus you can go off grid during high peak times...all for the price of an AC unit install

and I'd bet that the various Gov'ts would offer some sort of rebate to go this route in the name of "fighting climate change"

it's exciting stuff.....if you were doing a ground up house build now....you could use a combo of geo-thermal, tesla batteries and solar panels and you'd be completely off the grid

this Tesla dude is making this a game-changer with the prices....this isn't only a gozillionaire's option now where you'd only break even cost-wise after 40 years...this stuff is affordable

ZR
05-02-2015, 08:13 AM
Someone who truly his finger on the pulse of whats really happening out there. Dudes a genius.

RedSN
05-02-2015, 08:14 AM
^^^years ago when hybrids first came out, I heard of a company that was making these battery power packs out of discarded hybrid batteries. Batteries were no good for vehicles, but still good enough to power a household.

I assume Tesla is using new batteries?

WTF
05-02-2015, 08:19 AM
Dudes a genius.

yup....even better than that

he's has apparently left this tech with an open patent....he says if other brilliant minds can copy this tech and improve it...then have at it

like I said....this is a game changer in many ways

ZR
05-02-2015, 08:20 AM
Feel the same.

WTF
05-02-2015, 08:30 AM
think about these charity psa's on the TV asking you to sponsor the cute little kid who lives in a villiage with no power and drinking water

saw a piece on the news re the Nepal quake...GTA company waiting to send over these contraptions about the size of an office photo-copier.....the thing takes disgusting shit-filled water and within seconds, turns it into drinking water

then think about these tesla batteries and solar panels....along with the drinking water thing

serious game changer when you could power a whole villiage without needing to lay hundreds of miles of line to hardwire the place up.....plus zero emmisions to boot

Ray721
05-02-2015, 08:51 AM
Isn't it illegal to be off grid in Ontario?

RedSN
05-02-2015, 08:53 AM
Big shout out to Paul (tulowd) for the breather cap. Fit perfect! And looks amazing! Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Screw
05-03-2015, 11:54 AM
Went down to my basement to turn on pool breaker & smell gas !!!first joint I soap , Fkn brass flare nut to copper fireplace line builder install in 2000 .., cracked !!

jibbijib
05-03-2015, 02:44 PM
Went down to my basement to turn on pool breaker & smell gas !!!first joint I soap , Fkn brass flare nut to copper fireplace line builder install in 2000 .., cracked !!

If only you knew someone who could fix that...

Screw
05-03-2015, 06:59 PM
Home stretch , power washed deck , back yard cleaned up , beers n bbq , Weber is clean time to throw a few steaks & sausages :)

Laffs
05-03-2015, 09:36 PM
Brake job on the truck turned in to a weekend ordeal.

Whoever tightened the lugs last (not me tire shop) put em on with ALL the ft lbs, enough to twist the splines on the tuner lugs.

Well got all but one loose, then that one finally got loose, or so I thought.

Turned out the tuner lug snapped at the base. Ended up have to drill out the wheel stud which took an eternity. Then finally found a replacement stud locally. Still trying to source replacement tuner lugs.

And to top it all off the car is running dangerously lean at WOT again. I really want to give out and give it to someone to sort out and tune but honestly been burned so many times on this car dunno who to trust...

Least the weather was nice...

92redragtop
05-03-2015, 10:22 PM

Wow that's crazy! Don't need your house to go boom.

twister
05-04-2015, 07:09 AM
home for 10 days with pneumonia :(

ZR
05-04-2015, 07:55 AM
Yuk, feel better soon Dave.

Blackmare
05-04-2015, 07:56 AM
Take it easy and get better Dave.

RedSN
05-04-2015, 08:41 AM
The only way to make Twister take a holiday is to give him pneumonia.

(j/k)

Take care Dave.

Stephen06GT
05-04-2015, 09:01 AM
Get well soon Dave.

Intmdtr
05-04-2015, 09:20 AM
take care dave

Not4you
05-04-2015, 11:06 PM
I just completed my first DIY brake job on the Mach. I'm feeling rather accomplished.

Intmdtr
05-04-2015, 11:36 PM
I just completed my first DIY brake job on the Mach. I'm feeling rather accomplished.
I missed something....what happened to the brakes?

Not4you
05-04-2015, 11:43 PM
badly warped pad on the front left. toasted the rotor. just swapped in a new rotor and pads plus a kit with replacement anti-rattle clips. did the right side just so that they would match but on that side the rotor and pads looked as good as new. it was a lot easier than I had thought. not sure why I didn't learn how to do that years ago.

Ghost Rider
05-05-2015, 12:21 AM
Get well soon Twister!! :)

Zexhuffer
05-05-2015, 01:01 AM
http://youtu.be/tUd8Qs_DAZ0

KIDAGIN
05-05-2015, 05:52 AM
Hope your feeling better Dave

Intmdtr
05-05-2015, 06:29 AM
badly warped pad on the front left. toasted the rotor. just swapped in a new rotor and pads plus a kit with replacement anti-rattle clips. did the right side just so that they would match but on that side the rotor and pads looked as good as new. it was a lot easier than I had thought. not sure why I didn't learn how to do that years ago.
Well now you have a spare rotor and pads

jibbijib
05-05-2015, 08:51 AM
Considering putting together a Prince Edward County cruise...

KIDAGIN
05-05-2015, 12:39 PM
Considering putting together a Prince Edward County cruise...

That's a great place to cruise to.

stangstevers
05-05-2015, 08:11 PM
Isn't that a tad far though?

Not4you
05-05-2015, 08:40 PM
Too far? Not sure if serious.

Lips
05-05-2015, 09:16 PM
Hey hey.hanging out in Dunedin new zealand!! Just touredcCadbury factory!

jibbijib
05-05-2015, 09:30 PM
Too far? Not sure if serious.

He might be thinking PEI...

RedSN
05-05-2015, 10:51 PM
Hey hey.hanging out in Dunedin new zealand!! Just touredcCadbury factory!
Mmmm Cadbury Flake

Screw
05-06-2015, 12:57 AM
He might be thinking PEI...

Lol

Zexhuffer
05-06-2015, 02:46 AM
I like turtles!

baddbullitt
05-06-2015, 07:27 AM
Beauty day out!!!

ZR
05-06-2015, 07:28 AM
It looks freakin awesome out there.

baddbullitt
05-06-2015, 07:33 AM
Great day for a golf game or just for a nice cruise down some back roads.. Or just chillin on the deck with a tall lemonade!! :)

ZR
05-06-2015, 07:39 AM
I wish. :)

baddbullitt
05-06-2015, 07:42 AM
Yeah same here... I have to remember to get a 649 tonight. Maybe by the weekend I can be doing just that! Instead of this work thing! haha

ZR
05-06-2015, 07:44 AM
Thanks for the heads up, hope we end up splitting the pot, coolio wit you?

baddbullitt
05-06-2015, 07:45 AM
I always remember who my pals are!! ;)

ZR
05-06-2015, 07:45 AM
http://cdn.mhpbooks.com/uploads/2013/04/windfall.jpg

jibbijib
05-06-2015, 09:41 AM
Today is the type of day I'm glad I work outside.

WTF
05-06-2015, 10:23 AM
if you felt a chill in the air

that was from the NDP winning a majority in Alberta

prepare for some pretty fuct up times

RedSN
05-06-2015, 10:31 AM
Woah!
Alberta has been PC since I've been alive. Now they go NDP?

....subscribing.

WTF
05-06-2015, 03:30 PM
Bell Canada = serenity now

come home Monday to find the gasline fucks had dug up a small corner of my lawn to connect the new build across the street....bastards not only hacked my lawn, but cut a piece of sidewalk out....AND....cut my fucking Bell line.....I fucking hate these new house builders with a passion....one knock on my door the day prior and I'd have pointed out where the fucking Bell line was

call Bell....tell them I need a new line run from the street to the house....and I gotta be there cause we gotta feed it under my deck and take a different route due to the renos I've done (other side of the house versus the previous line)

they send a tech Monday night.....he says he can't do that cause you need a cable installer.....said he would report it....I said when are they coming....he said he doesn't know

so go to the office Tueday monring and call Bell....told them what the other guy said....they apologize and say tech will be there between 12-5p

rush home....tech shows up at 12 sharp....and says the same thing as the other guy.....he can't do it....I'm like WTF??...said it's a process....he'll tell the office to send the right guy....I said when....he said he doesn't know

got the wife's cell....called bell....said WTF is this about sending the wrong techs....he apologizes and says he'll get another tech out between 5-10p

I about shit because we'll never feed it under the deck in the dark....so go out there and put a feeder line in which was a bitch (had to go about 32 ft with the first 15 under the lower part of the deck that you can't get under) but I got it done with much profanity

tech shows up at 5pm...still light...good stuff.....but guess what he says....he can't do it either....need a cable installer...for fucks sakes already....he'll report to head offce....I said when will this next guy show....he says he doesn't know

go to the office this morning.....call Bell around 8am...asking for supervisors etc.....they apologize etc....say the right tech iwiil be there today.....I say I need leadtime to get home...they say he'll call an hour in advance

office phone rings at 1245pm....tech is calling from in front of my house

grrrr

I walk him through where I want the line and tell him I'll be there in 30 minutes and bolt

get home and he's got the line up to the deck....guy is on his game.....feed the line under the deck in 45 seconds....so that worked out well....then we're all hooked up and back

and this tech can't understand why the other 3 didn't do the job....says they should have done it without issue

and this is just for a temp line

now I gotta hound bell to bury the permanent line.....they apparently use a contractor to bury the line.....but only to bury it....a Bell tech needs to be there too for the connection

what a fuckinig shitshow

Blackmare
05-06-2015, 03:36 PM
Holy fuck Tim. What a mess. I'm getting frustrated just reading your post. Can only imagine how you were feeling.

Not4you
05-06-2015, 03:57 PM
reminds me of Enemy at the Gates where they shoot the guy running the phone line, and for every one they shoot, another is sent out. over and over.

jibbijib
05-06-2015, 03:59 PM
Bell techs were just lazy.

RedSN
05-06-2015, 03:59 PM
reminds me of Enemy at the Gates

funny, it reminded me of Ghostbusters: "Are you the keymaster?", "No." *slam*

I would have been like: "Are you the cable installer?", "No." *slam*

Stephen06GT
05-06-2015, 04:59 PM
Reminds me of my dealing with ma Bell last year. My mother's bell phone line in the Soo was out for more than a week. She was getting a similar type of run around "Sorry, I can't fix it, but I'll contact the office and get someone that can" She had been using the neighbours, or her brother's phone to contact Bell. I was getting pissed, so I called Bell on her behalf, told them my mother, a loyal Bell customer for over 50 years didn't have phone service. They told, "You're name is not on the account so we can't talk to you. Have you mother call us to put you on the account." What part of "SHE DOESN'T HAVE PHONE SERVICE do you not understand!!" After all was said and done, I got her three months of free phone service as compensation.

WTF
05-06-2015, 05:04 PM
Can only imagine how you were feeling.

like a one-legged man in an ass kicking contest

gonna send my useless city councillor a note tomorrow requesting that legislation be proposed as follows:

any and all work being done on residential properties that involves as much as even entering the neighbouring properties needs written notice in the mailbox of those properties a minimum of 3 days in advance of the work being done

that way these Enbridge mutherfuckers woulda had a notice in my mailbox and I'd have stayed home Monday....woulda pointed out the Bell line....and been given half a fucking chance to protect my fucking property....not too mention wasting 3 days of my fucking time with zero compensation

Blackmare
05-06-2015, 05:07 PM
Excellent idea Tim.

ZR
05-06-2015, 05:15 PM
The way the city has it set up now Tim, full access to the right away both in front and to the rear (if applicable) of your property has long since been granted to them with the city now having virtually zero input as to how they choose to use it.
Been fighting with Rogers over a cable that they ran across the rear of my garage which continues to make contact and cause damage. City told me to pound salt, access was deeded to Bell Canada way back when who in turn sold off the rights to Rogers...........FUCK ME. Can't stop them however the cable was mysteriously damaged and fell right about the time I was cutting down trees after the ice storm. Of course no direct knowledge at my end.
Same argument when Bell plunked a freakin box on my lawn, can't stop it. I was however successful in having them change the plans enough to see it moved from the edge of my driveway to right beside the hydro pole. Contractor hired to do the work took huge heat over moving it, appreciated the grief he took on my behalf.

WTF
05-06-2015, 05:26 PM
The way the city has it set up now Tim, full access to the right away both in front and to the rear (if applicable) of your property has long since been granted to them with the city now having virtually zero input as to how they choose to use it.
Been fighting with Rogers over a cable that they ran across the rear of my garage which continues to make contact and cause damage. City told me to pound salt, access was deeded to Bell Canada way back when who in turn sold off the rights to Rogers...........FUCK ME. Can't stop them however the cable was mysteriously damaged and fell right about the time I was cutting down trees after the ice storm. Of course no direct knowledge at my end.
Same argument when Bell plunked a freakin box on my lawn, can't stop it. I was however successful in having them change the plans enough to see it moved from the edge of my driveway to right beside the hydro pole. Contractor hired to do the work took huge heat over moving it, appreciated the grief he took on my behalf.

I'll reword my suggestion....probably a few times

"any and all work being done on residential properties that involves potential but repairable damage to the neighbouring properties needs written notice in the mailbox of those properties a minimum of 3 days in advance of the work being done....while those properties might include "city property" like sidewalks and boulevards....it is the home owners who are charged with maintaining these properties so they deserve fair warning if certain projects affect these properties"

bottom line is this fucking city needs to give me a chance to protect my property

ZR
05-06-2015, 05:41 PM
Based on my experience, they simply do not give a rats ass. They signed away our rights to a third party and left no means to control them in place.

WTF
05-06-2015, 05:50 PM
Based on my experience, they simply do not give a rats ass. They signed away our rights to a third party and left no means to control them in place.

no doubt

I just want the elected mutherfucker to try and correct the problem or I'll share his reluctance with all my neighbours

ZR
05-06-2015, 05:53 PM
Please keep us up to speed. When I contacted mine, could have cared less.

WTF
05-07-2015, 08:46 AM

alright....so my note to Foodcart Filion is part request....part rant....but not a lot of room for interpretation

Hello Mr. Filion,

I’m contacting you today asking if you would consider trying to change or make rules to help home owners protect their property from the onslaught of new home construction in this city.

I live at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx....and I am surrounded by non-stop construction.

Returning home from the office Monday evening, I discovered that Enbridge had been there during the day and had dug a hole in my lawn, cut a large piece out of the sidewalk...and cut the Bell line to my house.

If Enbridge had left a note in my mailbox a few days prior to this happening, I would have been able to schedule my time to be at the house that day, and easily locate the Bell line for them, and this would not have happened.

I think if a company is going to dig up any area in front of your home (regardless of whether it’s considered private property or city property) that giving the home owner ample notice shouldn’t just be a courtesy....it should be the law.

I’m not sure if you’ve had the pleasure of dealing with Bell to have a new line run to your house, but they seem to have trouble communicating which isn’t a great thing for a communications company. Over a 48 hour period they sent 4 separate techs, the first 3 who said they couldn’t do the job....I had to contact Bell constantly during the process and had to stay home from the office for 2 days. And that’s just to get a temporary line strung through the trees....I now have to spend more time trying to get them out to properly bury a line.

So...I’m now left with an asphalt eyesore in front of my house that will no doubt be there for years before the sidewalk is repaired....I know it will be years because I have the luck of also having a hydro pole on my front boulevard....which means for the last 2 years I have 2 hydro poles....the new one and the old one. I have a hole in my lawn, and an ugly line strung through the trees .

If this city is not going to make rules to help home owners protect their property....then we may as well just all stay home from work so we can guard our properties from this carelessness.

Regards

Laffs
05-07-2015, 09:07 AM
Can I join the bitter neighbour rant session?

Seems like every day I come home to find the guy a few houses down has his buddies over and parked sideways/backwards taking up 2 or more street spots, the same guy who's had a tarp on his roof for the last 8 months, the same one who's bright blue rainwater barrels we all have to stare at out front next to his bright yellow house. He leaves his fucking 1000watt LED porch light on all night so we can always get a good look.

Now his neighbours(1 down from me) are using a revolving door policy on residents as well, it was a daughter/father/mother combo when I moved in, now the parents are gone and its the daughter and her harley loving boyfriend who insists the driveway isnt big enough for his giant dynaglide and his 2 door car so the car sits on the road for weeks on end. Good thing his daughter appears to be living there now, coming at random hours with the music in her car full blast and leaving it full blast while she shuts every window.

Bitter old man I am, but these people clearly give 2 fucks about their neighbours. They had the guys doing the lawn rolling park their truck and trailer on the wrong side of our narrow street, leaving about barely a cars worth of space between their setup and parked cars for traffic to get by. People were crawling within CM of my truck, I didnt say anything because these guys got to park somewhere to work, but then once their done they crack a beer and talk for a while, Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

I wont even drive the Mustang in summer if I think I'll be after 11 o'clock so as not to disturb people, or start it before 9 am.

stangstevers
05-07-2015, 03:12 PM
if you felt a chill in the air

that was from the NDP winning a majority in Alberta

prepare for some pretty fuct up times

wait until trudeau wins majority... that will be a sh!t show.

Ray721
05-07-2015, 03:56 PM
wait until trudeau wins majority... that will be a sh!t show.

It's coming. It's inevitable.

WTF
05-07-2015, 06:07 PM
It's coming. It's inevitable.

disagree.....the shitshow of the Ont Libs are gonna get Harper re-elected

I think the drama teacher is gonna finish in 3rd place.....he's got his father's looks, his mother's brain and hair....and he was born with a silver foot in his mouth.....he can champion the "middle class" until his eyes pop out...he is not believable

his attack on the "rich" to take back the $10k TFSA max is gonna cost him a huge portion of the largest voting demo in the country....the 50+ demo who are debt free may not be "rich" but can easily afford the 10k and love the TFSA will be voting to keep it

his attack on the "rich" to increase taxes against those making 200k per year is gonna bomb in the GTA....cause 200k in the GTA does not make you rich....and those makin close to that with be voting elsewhere too because asshole politicians who want to punish the "rich" always move the bar

a life-long trust fund dickhead who's never had to worry about making money ever can't bullshit even the daft on his fake promises

jibbijib
05-07-2015, 06:09 PM
Bill C-51 can go die in a fire.

WTF
05-07-2015, 06:26 PM
Bill C-51 can go die in a fire.

then vote for Angry Tom cause he's the only one who dug his heels in opposition....the drama teacher flip flops depending on which way the wind blows

but you're young and haven't paid enough tax yet....give it another decade-ish

ZR
05-07-2015, 08:30 PM
^ true dat.

Ray721
05-07-2015, 09:45 PM
Neighbour frequently gets packages from fedex, purolator. Every time I see the truck pull up I get excited only to be disappointed when I remember I didn't order anything recently. Damn Pavlov effect. lol

ZR
05-07-2015, 10:00 PM
That sir is funny as hell.

KIDAGIN
05-07-2015, 10:21 PM
Hey Ray this familiar
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg162/niptuck111/Turbo%20I%20want.jpg (http://s248.photobucket.com/user/niptuck111/media/Turbo%20I%20want.jpg.html)

Ray721
05-08-2015, 06:29 AM
You used to be cool Doug...

ZR
05-08-2015, 07:06 AM
You doing Mosport this year Ray or turbo not up to the task?

Ray721
05-08-2015, 08:20 AM
No Mosport for me. Tires n brakes aren't up to the task. Also can't take the time off work.

ZR
05-08-2015, 08:42 AM
Mrs gonna bring the car and run it then?

Intmdtr
05-08-2015, 08:47 AM
You doing Mosport this year Ray or turbo not up to the task?

Ray is going to run out of excuses soon.....

Stephen06GT
05-08-2015, 08:49 AM
Ray is going to run out of excuses soon.....

what do you mean "soon"? :D

Intmdtr
05-08-2015, 08:51 AM
what do you mean "soon"? :D

Ya I guess so...same old ones time after time.

What is the date for mosport? I will check if I am working, but I also think it's the first day of my holidays if it's mid July, and unfortunately I won't be around....

Edit: June 2nd and I work days, so no visit from me...

Stephen06GT
05-08-2015, 08:58 AM
Ya I guess so...same old ones time after time.

What is the date for mosport? I will check if I am working, but I also think it's the first day of my holidays if it's mid July, and unfortunately I won't be around....

Edit: June 2nd and I work days, so no visit from me...

Take the troops on a training mission to Mosport. You know, advanced car control, high speed pursuit type stuff.

Intmdtr
05-08-2015, 09:01 AM
Take the troops on a training mission to Mosport. You know, advanced car control, high speed pursuit type stuff.

I would love too...but the military doesn't have anything fast enough....I could bring a LAV 3 and take 9 or 10 with me for a loop around the track...lol

RedSN
05-08-2015, 09:03 AM
You know, advanced car control, high speed pursuit type stuff.
hot pursuit!

https://i1.ytimg.com/vi/wh3Alds2llg/hqdefault.jpg

Amsoil Guy
05-08-2015, 09:04 AM
^^Dibs on the turret :D

Intmdtr
05-08-2015, 09:05 AM
Hey if anyone wants to come up to the base sometime for a tour, I'd show Ya around.

RedSN
05-08-2015, 09:07 AM
^^^wicked offer.
may take you up on that sometime.

Stephen06GT
05-08-2015, 09:13 AM
^^^wicked offer.
may take you up on that sometime.

me too!

Ray721
05-08-2015, 09:14 AM
No excuses to be made gents. It's simple economics. Need new tires and a brake job. Taking a day off work to then shred said tires and brakes just isn't worth it to me.

Lapping ain't cheap, specially in a car that isn't paid off yet.

For now I just enjoy it as I see fit and It makes me happy.

Not4you
05-08-2015, 09:24 AM
Hey if anyone wants to come up to the base sometime for a tour, I'd show Ya around.

TMC Cruise Event destination??

Amsoil Guy
05-08-2015, 09:33 AM
^IN!

Intmdtr
05-08-2015, 09:58 AM
TMC Cruise Event destination??
Tried to put together an impromptu TMC car show up at the base last year...no takers.....

jibbijib
05-08-2015, 10:00 AM
No excuses to be made gents. It's simple economics. Need new tires and a brake job. Taking a day off work to then shred said tires and brakes just isn't worth it to me.

Lapping ain't cheap, specially in a car that isn't paid off yet.

For now I just enjoy it as I see fit and It makes me happy.

That Mustang of yours must be a Ferrari or something. Mine went around the track just fine. Still have tires and brakes left over. And shes 28 years old...

Not4you
05-08-2015, 10:15 AM
you can lead a horse to water, you can't make it drink.

RedSN
05-08-2015, 10:16 AM
Still have tires and brakes left over.
not driving hard enough then.

Matt went through a complete set of pads.

still too soon?

Not4you
05-08-2015, 10:20 AM
yes

But EBC is helping me out.

jibbijib
05-08-2015, 10:26 AM
EBC is a good bunch of people.

Intmdtr
05-08-2015, 12:30 PM
not driving hard enough then.

Matt went through a complete set of pads.

still too soon?

yes

But EBC is helping me out.

Didn't help that he hauled my fat ass around for a few laps....takes a lot of brake to slow this train down once I get to full speed.

WTF
05-09-2015, 11:31 AM
the Maple trees are raining green schmeng all over my neighbourhood....freakin brutal

swept off my green deck last night.....back to green again this morning

RedSN
05-09-2015, 02:45 PM
^^^you should see a doc about that.

Not4you
05-09-2015, 03:12 PM
Never a good sign when your big deck turns green.

stangstevers
05-09-2015, 09:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz82fjXqFQ4

hsousa88
05-10-2015, 10:11 AM
Taking momma out for breaky in the fox... she hates it.

Happy mothers day everyone!

WTF
05-10-2015, 05:55 PM
you guys laughing about the green schmeng need some mature maple trees around your house

swept up for the 6th time this weekend and coulda probably made better time with a shovel

should be done with it by this coming weekend....then I'll decide whether I'll uncover the car and light it up

Not4you
05-10-2015, 06:20 PM
Yeah, jokes aside those trees make a serious mess.

RedSN
05-10-2015, 06:37 PM
Seriously, I would love a mature maple. Can I have yours?

Our neighbourhood is still fairly new (2000), and they planted ash trees on our street. Well, last year the bug got them all and they chopped them down. No replacement trees yet. Our street looks naked.
On the plus side: the Japanese Lilac we put in the back yard is doing great.

55 HD
05-10-2015, 06:44 PM
I have the wild thing going on in my back yard. I think I have very species of trees around my property. Well 3/4 of an acre in town backing onto wild life brings a great picture. Some die and some grow, it is nature at its best. I like the view, I couldn't live in the concrete jungle of the city.

JMO

twister
05-10-2015, 08:46 PM
my backyard looks like the welcome sign to a provincial park :(

RedSN
05-10-2015, 09:33 PM
Global Wind Speed Map
http://http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-105.62,51.52,869

Pan over to the Philipnes. Major typhoon heading their way :(

Not4you
05-10-2015, 10:23 PM
linky no worky

RedSN
05-10-2015, 10:55 PM
Hhmm, sometimes ipad sucks.
Try again

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-234.80,12.99,869

stangstevers
05-11-2015, 07:56 AM
on my mind: I don't need drugs... well maybe to become "normal"...

jibbijib
05-11-2015, 10:12 AM
I didnt realize this coming weekend is the long weekend...

WTF
05-11-2015, 05:51 PM

well.....a few hours after I sent the email to Filion...his assistant responded with the typical...."sorry that happened....Mr Filion is in council but I'll make him aware at my first chance etc" and said she would be following up

got home today and the hydro guys had been here and removed the old hydro pole and patched the grass

will be finding out if that was just a coincidence

ZR
05-11-2015, 05:54 PM
Coincidence or not, cool it happened.

Old Fart
05-11-2015, 06:45 PM
Hhmm, sometimes ipad sucks.
Try again

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-234.80,12.99,869

Very cool Don!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jibbijib
05-12-2015, 08:10 AM
Stop by the house and grab the Mustang, guaranteed to be at WNNOTC after 9pm, or just gumball from work...

92redragtop
05-12-2015, 09:50 AM
Ready to start the day lol!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/rimohamed/General/DSC_1506_zpsyecroviq.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rimohamed/media/General/DSC_1506_zpsyecroviq.jpg.html)

Not4you
05-12-2015, 10:05 AM
tallow and lanolin. nice. getting harder to find them like that.

Stephen06GT
05-12-2015, 10:18 AM
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17801&stc=1&d=1350386708

92redragtop
05-12-2015, 11:06 AM
tallow and lanolin. nice. getting harder to find them like that.

The post-shave feel is very good but it's not the best I have.

These 2 are at the top (available in tallow or vegan (tre-citta) and both have lanolin: Fougere Imperiale and Fougere Aromatique.

Fougère Imperiale is the more traditional of our creations. We built the scent on an accord of oakmoss, French lavender, tonka bean, and hay absolute, a smell akin to liquid sunshine. We then added West Indian Sandalwood (actually a plant called Amyris) and Siberian Fir for a woody, mineral effect similar to that of the drier fougères that characterized the 1950s and 60s. The rest of the skeleton is constructed around geranium, clary sage absolute, violet leaf, and various other natural oils to produce a fresh, clean, elegant scent reminiscent of the smell of a father's shaving set. Bright, understated, and charmingly smooth, Fougère Imperiale is the ultimate progression of natural perfumery.

Fougère Aromatique is, as its name suggests, the aromatic version of our all-natural fougère, built on an accord of oakmoss, French lavender, tonka bean, and hay absolute, a smell akin to liquid sunshine. We blended the fragrance with touches of lime, cardamom, and thyme as an homage to Invasion Barbare, Stephanie Bakouche's remarkable aromatic masterpiece. The rest of the skeleton is constructed around geranium, clary sage absolute, violet leaf, and various other natural oils to produce a full-power, teeth-out scent completely devoid of any resemblance to the prim little English fripperies that followed the original Fougère Royale a century ago. Rich, gleamingly spicy, and utterly without pretense, Fougère Aromatique is a reminder of what it means to carry yourself with style.

We blend all of our fragrances in house and by hand; we do not and never will use pre-blended fragrances for our soaps. Each batch of fragrance is individually blended for a specific batch of soap; we blend our fragrances each and every time to ensure the absolute highest quality.

Please note that our formula produces a very thirsty soap. More water than you are otherwise accustomed to may be required to provide sufficient glide and keep the lather from drying out, but trust us: it's worth it.

Tallow Ingredients: Potassium Stearate, Sodium Stearate, Potassium Tallowate, Sodium Tallowate, Aqua, Glycerin, Potassium Ricinoleate, Sodium Ricinoleate, Coconut Milk, Potassium Kokum Butterate, Sodium Kokum Butterate, Unrefined Shea Butter, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Absolute, Evernia prunastri (Oakmoss) Absolute, Pogostemon cablin (Patchouli) Oil, Styrax Benzoin Oil, Foeniculum vulgare (Sweet Fennel) Oil, Pelargonium x asperum (Geranium) Oil, Salvia sclarea (Clary Sage) Absolute, Foin coupe (Hay) Absolute, Dipteryx odorata (Tonka Bean) Absolute, Amyris balsamifera (Amyris) Oil, Abies siberica (Fir) Oil, Boletus edulis (Mushroom) Absolute, Viola odorata (Violet Leaf) Absolute, Potassium Cocoate, Sodium Cocoate, Lanolin, Allantoin, Silk Protein, Tocopherol Acetate

Tre Citta Ingredients: Potassium Stearate, Potassium Cocoate, Potassium Ricinoleate, Oryza sativa (Rice Bran) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Absolute, Evernia prunastri (Oakmoss) Absolute, Pogostemon cablin (Patchouli) Oil, Styrax Benzoin Oil, Foeniculum vulgare (Sweet Fennel) Oil, Pelargonium x asperum (Geranium) Oil, Salvia sclarea (Clary Sage) Absolute, Foin coupe (Hay) Absolute, Dipteryx odorata (Tonka Bean) Absolute, Amyris balsamifera (Amyris) Oil, Abies siberica (Fir) Oil, Boletus edulis (Mushroom) Absolute, Viola odorata (Violet Leaf) Absolute, Tocopherol Acetate

Due to the expense inherent in producing a soap of this nature, and to the limited yield of our production, we cannot offer any samples of either fougère soap. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Not4you
05-12-2015, 11:32 AM
Wow, Euro-Erotica type stuff. I'm old school, for my Tallow and Lanolin fix I go with Mitchell's Wool Fat. Tabac is another old school tallow based soap that I turn too when I need more hair on my chest.

92redragtop
05-12-2015, 12:00 PM
Wow, Euro-Erotica type stuff. I'm old school, for my Tallow and Lanolin fix I go with Mitchell's Wool Fat. Tabac is another old school tallow based soap that I turn too when I need more hair on my chest.

I have MWF (and also the Kent version), use it occasionally and it's good with great post shave feel (top 10) but it doesn't stand up to the newer stuff on all attributes. My main issue with the old school products are some of the ingredients they continue to use that require animal testing due to toxicity, which I would prefer not to "ingest". Same with Tabac - really popular soap/scent but the ingredients are similar in that there are higher levels of toxicity in some of them.

RedSN
05-12-2015, 12:39 PM
do you two brush your teeth with such fervor as well?
Like different brushes, pastes, flosses, mouthwash, etc...

92redragtop
05-12-2015, 12:57 PM
There is "natural" toothpaste but Listerine seems to work best for mouthwash...lol

Amsoil Guy
05-12-2015, 01:16 PM
You guys put way to much effort into something I try to avoid at all costs.

Not4you
05-12-2015, 01:30 PM

I was the same way. a quick dry scrape in the morning and get it over with. then I had my first kid, and realized I could take my time, enjoy the hot water, oils, smells etc without being disturbed by a kid breaking toys or shitting on the floor. "I need to go shave" became a sanctuary of peace, if even for just a few minutes. not to mention I am now about 6 years since my last ingrown neck hair! lol

92redragtop
05-12-2015, 01:33 PM

I didn't like it either previously (cartridges, chemicals in a can) and not really a morning person - at least now I look forward to mornings for this ritual. Even shave on weekends now too since I enjoy it. In-grown hair has reduced about 60-70%.

Not4you
05-12-2015, 01:34 PM
I didn't like it either previously (cartridges, chemicals in a can) and not really a morning person - at least now I look forward to mornings for this ritual.

nailed it.

Blackmare
05-12-2015, 02:06 PM
I was the same way. a quick dry scrape in the morning and get it over with. then I had my first kid, and realized I could take my time, enjoy the hot water, oils, smells etc without being disturbed by a kid breaking toys or shitting on the floor. "I need to go shave" became a sanctuary of peace, if even for just a few minutes. not to mention I am now about 6 years since my last ingrown neck hair! lol

This made me lol big time.

Not4you
05-12-2015, 02:09 PM
This made me lol big time.

yeah. it happens. twice recently actually.

Not4you
05-12-2015, 02:13 PM

after I responded above I remembered this post on the badger & blade forum that made it clear for me:

Thoughts on the untimely death and quiet resurgence of manly rituals

a few weeks ago, i found myself in the position of trying to explain my newfound interest in traditional wet shaving to a friend of mine. he's a thoroughly modern fellow and he uses modern shaving tools because, well...it's what modern guys do.

as i described the process to him, the paraphernalia, the pleasure, the advantages....one item provoked the strongest reaction. he was dismayed and appalled that i took 20 minutes to shave in the morning and that's really when it hit me. when you look at the rise of technology and the death of manly rituals, inevitably the clock is to blame. we have sacrificed a whole host of pleasures on the altar of time and we are ultimately the poorer for it.

the pipe gives way to the cigarette. the ocean liner gives way to the airplane. the restaurant becomes the drive-through and the conversation becomes the text message...and all because we, as men, continue to believe that if we could just save a bit more time in our day we'd be able to really get to the things we wanted to do. ironically, in the pursuit of having enough time to do what we want we are forced to dilute or discard the very things we wanted in the first place...and so our vitality dwindles away with every tick of the relentless clock.

perhaps that is why in some sense we're all here at B&B. we want to recapture a forgotten pleasure. we want to revel in the luxury of choosing what we do with our morning routine and most of all, we want to remember the simple joy of not taking the quickest or most expedient road, but the sweet meandering path of our own curiosity.

this weekend as i was rushing through a morning shave i thought about all of this. i took a breath, and remembered that there was nothing on the agenda that couldn't wait just a few minutes more. in the moment of that realization, i became once again the master of the clock instead of its servant and my little daily ritual took on an added sweetness that hadn't been there just a moment before.

i wish for everyone here a similar moment of timeless indulgence. in the day to day flow of obligation and expectation, i encourage you to find a moment to ignore the demands of the clock and take pleasure in this mutual interest we all share.

gentlemen, i wish for you all a truly excellent shave.

Amsoil Guy
05-12-2015, 02:34 PM
The whole ritual propaganda doesn't do it for me. It's not about time for me, well I guess it is because instead of waste my time shaving I sleep for that extra little bit. I only shave on special occasions and that will never change. I hate the feeling of not having a beard.

92redragtop
05-12-2015, 02:44 PM
yeah. it happens. twice recently actually.

LOL! I was wondering about that. The dog was probably thinking "how can they get away with that and I can't?"

allicedout
05-12-2015, 02:55 PM
I started using the Double Edge a few months back...... I don't think I'll ever go back to cartridge again, in fact I'm sure I'll get myself a straight blade sometime this year just to try out. I'll admit its not for everyone.

Not4you
05-12-2015, 03:01 PM
I use a straight every once in a while, when things get thick! very tricky to not make a serious mess of your face, but very rewarding when you get it right.

RedSN
05-12-2015, 03:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF3y_ocbXfQ

jibbijib
05-12-2015, 04:16 PM
Stop by the house and grab the Mustang, guaranteed to be at WNNOTC after 9pm, or just gumball from work...

Still can't decide

Not4you
05-12-2015, 04:47 PM
gumball!!

Not4you
05-13-2015, 12:47 AM
so yeah, this was my night ...

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p184/Not-4-you/20150512_215119_zpsqdeoixlr.jpg (http://s128.photobucket.com/user/Not-4-you/media/20150512_215119_zpsqdeoixlr.jpg.html)

had my car loaded up on a flatbed and dragged home after she puked a plug out. Thankfully it happened while idling at a light and not at 160km/h at the track last week! Doesn't sound like there is any internal or terminal damage. So I am hoping I can have the head tapped and be on my way.

Thanks to Rick and Ross for having a look at it before we hauled it home. And thanks to mustang_racr223 for helping me push it up into the garage. and by helping me, I mean pushing it up into my garage while I sat in it crying.

Screw
05-13-2015, 06:47 AM
^^ similar problem in my F , Thankfully Rick fixed me up .

KIDAGIN
05-13-2015, 07:11 AM
Well that sucks Matt hopefully you get it fixed up soon.

ZR
05-13-2015, 07:26 AM
Hey Doug, did the new tires correct any of the odd steering issue on a lumpy road?

KIDAGIN
05-13-2015, 08:14 AM
Hey Doug, did the new tires correct any of the odd steering issue on a lumpy road?

New tires balance and alignment did wonders.
Card runs straight smooth and quiet

RedSN
05-13-2015, 08:41 AM
had my car loaded up on a flatbed and dragged home after she puked a plug out.
Too soon to start a "Took the Mach to Wing Night..." photoshop thread?

ZR
05-13-2015, 08:49 AM
Good to hear Doug, enjoy.

Not4you
05-13-2015, 09:17 AM
Too soon to start a "Took the Mach to Wing Night..." photoshop thread?

nah, have at 'er.

Not4you
05-13-2015, 09:19 AM
driver of the flatbed said he has a '68 Shelby that he bought new in '69. It was still on the lot, never sold in 1968. had 40 miles on it so was hardly even a dealer demo car. still has it today and it sees some sunlight on the weekends. zero interest in clubs or shows or events of any kind. just kept his first car and still likes to drive it.

92redragtop
05-13-2015, 11:21 AM
so yeah, this was my night ...

had my car loaded up on a flatbed and dragged home after she puked a plug out. Thankfully it happened while idling at a light and not at 160km/h at the track last week! Doesn't sound like there is any internal or terminal damage. So I am hoping I can have the head tapped and be on my way.

Thanks to Rick and Ross for having a look at it before we hauled it home. And thanks to mustang_racr223 for helping me push it up into the garage. and by helping me, I mean pushing it up into my garage while I sat in it crying.

That sucks....

hsousa88
05-15-2015, 11:49 AM
When I got my car it had mud flaps on it (apparently dealer installed, on the bill of sale) I took them off and never looked at them again.

Last night I was looking through the box I have full of stock foxbody parts and gave the mudflaps a better look.. wiped them clean and found this... ha! Can you spot it?

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/15/8a24945f7308bc68d5deafe642fdc79e.jpg

99chromegt
05-15-2015, 12:00 PM
^^^^ does it say CAMARO ??

hsousa88
05-15-2015, 12:00 PM
It says CAMARO!!!!!

ZR
05-15-2015, 01:01 PM
Nice.

KIDAGIN
05-15-2015, 03:35 PM
Just got my Hagerty annual insurance premium in today it actually went down $25

WTF
05-16-2015, 08:16 AM
so I posted in here a while back about attending a Commitee of Adjustment meeting at North York City Hall to argue against the application for the new house build going in beside me....too long....too high....too wide....they denied the application

got the new application in the mail yesterday

totally new design....total sq ft is considerably smaller....does not exceed the height variance....roof line goes down way lower so I won't be looking at a massive 30 foot wall beside me....mix of stone and brick with a big sloping roof line....much better from that standpoint...won't feel like it dwarfs my house

there's still some issues I want addressed and this application lists a contact at the city I can speak with....so gonna bounce my concerns off of him first to properly prepare for the next Commitee of Adjustment meeting on May 27th which I will be attending

bottom line....speak up when given the opportunity on stuff like this....you can actually make them change their plans

stangstevers
05-16-2015, 08:45 AM
This is why I'd rather live in the middle of nowhere... I can pretty much build a 4 story mud fort and my neighbours are too far away to notice... Whatever they do, I won't see, hear or care. :D What really grinds my gears now is I'm spending a ton of cash on a new deck only to have to listen to fucking pop/rap shit some lower-intelligence individuals* like to play loudly on their flea-market sound system down the street.

Really not a city person. Why is Ajax growing so fast, so much more traffic jams now compared to even 3 years ago?

*I'm sorry but no intelligent person on earth enjoys today's pop music. http://mic.com/articles/98310/scientists-prove-that-pop-music-is-literally-ruining-our-brains

RedSN
05-16-2015, 09:30 AM
^^^if you use straw bales as insulation for your mud fort, it should do a decent job of sound proofing.

WTF
05-18-2015, 02:34 PM
major props to the folks at CAA

was running around in the daily driver (07 VW Rabbit) and pulled into the local convenience store on my way back home.....got back in the car and the key would not go into the ignition....I tried, store owner tried....key would not even go 1 mm into the ignition

I'm a dinosaur (no cellphone) so I borrowed the store owner's phone....called 411....got CAA's number....called them (was not a member)...signed up for their $79.99 annual membership with my credit card

25 minutes later they showed up....fix involved about 5 minutes and a tiny screwdriver (seems when I yanked the key out I misaligned the key opening in th eignition

pretty freakin quick service....thought I'd be sitting there all afternoon

Intmdtr
05-18-2015, 02:39 PM

was running around in the daily driver (07 VW Rabbit) and pulled into the local convenience store on my way back home.....got back in the car and the key would not go into the ignition....I tried, store owner tried....key would not even go 1 mm into the ignition

I'm a dinosaur (no cellphone) so I borrowed the store owner's phone....called 411....got CAA's number....called them (was not a member)...signed up for their $79.99 annual membership with my credit card

25 minutes later they showed up....fix involved about 5 minutes and a tiny screwdriver (seems when I yanked the key out I misaligned the key opening in th eignition

Nice, good to hear you got back under way fairly quickly. I was thinking about joining CAA...for $70 bucks a year, good piece of mind.

ZR
05-18-2015, 02:44 PM
Nice fix to what could have been an ugly situation.

WTF
05-18-2015, 03:23 PM
Nice fix to what could have been an ugly situation.

tell me about it.....windows were down....was blocking the store owner's car if he had to leave

everything is locked up in a modern auto-trans....you can't just put it in neutral, push it outta the way and crank the windows up

gonna get outta the habit of the yanking the keys out of the ignition on that thing......

Stephen06GT
05-18-2015, 03:39 PM
Nice, good to hear you got back under way fairly quickly. I was thinking about joining CAA...for $70 bucks a year, good piece of mind.

I got CAA Plus when i was commuting to Markham from Bolton for work. I was sure glad I kept it when the clutch let go on Ol Paint. They came within 15 minutes and took me and the car to ZR's. Peace of mind for sure.

hsousa88
05-18-2015, 05:35 PM
CAA is great, definitely worth the money.

Ziggyzag420
05-18-2015, 05:54 PM
tell me about it.....windows were down....was blocking the store owner's car if he had to leave

everything is locked up in a modern auto-trans....you can't just put it in neutral, push it outta the way and crank the windows up

gonna get outta the habit of the yanking the keys out of the ignition on that thing......

Most modern auto trans have a way to manually release it from park

jibbijib
05-18-2015, 06:54 PM

Noted. If I encounter that problem I'll know what to do.

If you haven't thought of it, send in a note to CAA about the service of the driver... Part of the perks of the job is getting a nice note of recognition from the customer via dispatch.

Harbinger
05-18-2015, 09:44 PM
Why the fuck is the 2014 Mustang GT 8k more than a 2015 GT ? I cannot understand this.

Intmdtr
05-18-2015, 10:54 PM
Why the fuck is the 2014 Mustang GT 8k more than a 2015 GT ? I cannot understand this.

7%apr vs 2.99%apr

stangstevers
05-19-2015, 06:42 AM
Those 2015's are getting on my nerves... Really want one now, especially that "guard" colour!

92redragtop
05-19-2015, 01:55 PM
Not too happy with the folks who last had the wheels of my Lincoln LS off at the last service - maintenance package (was the last appointment of the day at 6:30pm - not sure if that makes a difference). When ZR was working on the car he had a hard time getting one of the rear wheels off (only had to remove the rear wheels) about 6 weeks after they were last mounted and then I go to swap the winter wheels yesterday and 2 wheel nuts on the driver front wheel would not budge. Tried using an electric impact gun and a long breaker bar on them and they squeak/screech a little but no real movement. Called the dealership and they said they torque them but this doesn't happen when I torque to 100lbs. I'm taking the car in tonight and they said there may be a partial charge to remove them. I'm thinking these wheels were over-tightened.

RedSN
05-19-2015, 02:48 PM
Had the same thing occur at a tire place. I brought a tire to them to get a patch. Came back later to pick up the tire, and they insisted it would be no trouble at all to put it on the truck for me, despite me telling them I was just going to take it home and do it myself.

A couple months later I swap out the wheels for summers, and sure enough, can't get that one off.

Stephen06GT
05-19-2015, 03:05 PM
^^ Impact guns set on Mack Truck instead of Mazdal!!

Old Fart
05-19-2015, 03:09 PM
I never trust tire shops to have the correct torque. As soon as i have the work done and back home, I loosen the studs and torque them correctly. All I've seen in shops is they tighten with the impact then use the torque wrench to make sure they have at "least" the torque rating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

92redragtop
05-19-2015, 03:26 PM
Had the same thing occur at a tire place. I brought a tire to them to get a patch. Came back later to pick up the tire, and they insisted it would be no trouble at all to put it on the truck for me, despite me telling them I was just going to take it home and do it myself.

A couple months later I swap out the wheels for summers, and sure enough, can't get that one off.

Yeah - I just don't expect it from a Ford/Lincoln dealer. I'm going in with it tonight so will see if they charge me to remove the wheel.

jibbijib
05-19-2015, 03:33 PM
Had a customer yesterday that needed a tire change. Went to take the nuts off and they fought me the entire way. First one snapped the lug, next one stripped out the threads on the nut. Guaranteed the dealership put them on with an impact gun without using the torque bar.

Not4you
05-19-2015, 03:35 PM
meh, NASCAR now recommends that you only need 3 per wheel if you're not going too far.

RedSN
05-19-2015, 03:37 PM
proper way to apply torque....

http://theselvedgeyard.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/linda-vaughn-lug-nuts.jpg
maybe not, but who really cares

Stephen06GT
05-19-2015, 03:39 PM
meh, NASCAR now recommends that you only need 3 per wheel if you're not going too far.

Until a wheel comes off and takes out a half dozen people in the stands. Then NASCAR will change to an 8 lug set up with safety ties on each lug, and pit stops will take 15 minutes.

Not4you
05-19-2015, 04:29 PM
perhaps. but if they have pit stop heat races for each wheel - re-grid after each stop based on the time taken for the last wheel, then regrid based on the 4 wheel average, fans would love it!!

ZR
05-19-2015, 04:35 PM
In this day and age, no excuse possible for not using a torque wrench on wheels.

5.4MarkVIII
05-19-2015, 05:39 PM
Problem is they use tourque bars not a proper tourque wrench. Bars allow a minimum flex and a pre set tourque point. But if you hog on them with a high power impact running at 100+ psi. And you will over tourque everytime.

92redragtop
05-19-2015, 07:15 PM
Here at dealership now - they said they use torque sticks and wrenches so the wheels couldn't be over tightened. Service advisor tried by hand and couldn't loosen one. Waiting to see if they will charge me to loosen them.

92redragtop
05-19-2015, 07:23 PM
$16 to remove both front wheels at Fines Ford in Bolton...after they over-tightened the wheels while doing a "Works" package in February. They said there is no way they could over-tighten the wheels with the equipment they use.

ZR
05-19-2015, 07:37 PM
Clearly someone did not follow procedure.

WTF
05-22-2015, 06:53 PM
gotta get all my shit done tomorrow cause Sunday is a BIG race day

Monaco in the morning
Indy 500 in the aft
Coca Cola 600 in the evening

Screw
05-23-2015, 05:04 PM
Brother came up to visit in his new whip from Heritage , finally retired the chick magnet Venture .
http://http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag100/maxnhero/2FAB6C27-7DF9-463C-A1E2-03D7E1869B70-270-0000000E7E674AB0_zpsh5fjqyrh.jpg
Nicely equipped , sharp looking ride

ZR
05-23-2015, 05:05 PM
Damm sweet looking.

Screw
05-23-2015, 05:25 PM
Ya I was pretty impressed and he said he shopped it but Heritage was the best deal , Bill told me to use the 2nd in command cuz he's on vacay . They drive remarkably smooth and quiet , lots of gadgets .

ZR
05-23-2015, 09:18 PM
Think the absolute world of Bill, not surprised it worked out well there.

IanGTCS
05-23-2015, 09:49 PM
Moving sucks, packing is awful. At least I have finally got smart enough to hire a mover. No drunk buddies dropping stuff this time.

ZR
05-23-2015, 09:54 PM
Dislike moving with a passion.

stangstevers
05-24-2015, 06:37 AM
Deck frame pretty much done, only regret not making it a floater. The old deck was attached to the damn brick veneer (thanks, 'professional' builders). So I put my ledger on the foundation, doubled it and joists sit on top with hurricane straps. New deck isn't going anywhere :D

Missing ONE damn 2x10 to finish :(

hsousa88
05-24-2015, 11:55 AM
Beauty day for a cruise!!

RedSN
05-24-2015, 12:53 PM
Beauty day for a ride. Just did 35km.
LOL, still a far cry from 75km.

ZR
05-24-2015, 02:59 PM
Just got in from a 300k round trip, epic day for cruisin brother.

Screw
05-24-2015, 03:13 PM
First time driving a fox in bout 20+ yrs and it felt .... pretty wild :)
Took out a vert , pretty clean , asking was $8900 for a 93 , might be worth it to some but wasn't sold on it , nonetheless I'm glad I got to get a bit of a feel for one again .

WTF
05-24-2015, 04:33 PM
well done Juan

2 I500s - 15 years apart

alright.....Monaco down.....500 down....now for the Coca Cola 600

92redragtop
05-25-2015, 12:35 AM
This was cool

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GSG7JZhqThs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ZR
05-25-2015, 05:46 AM
Great to see Montoya land on his feet and take a win like that.

RedSN
05-25-2015, 09:47 AM
This was cool

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GSG7JZhqThs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Oh, was not expecting that ending, and it took my groggy brain a while to clue in. That's a great commercial. :clap2:

Stephen06GT
05-25-2015, 09:53 AM
Oh, was not expecting that ending, and it took my groggy brain a while to clue in. That's a great commercial. :clap2:

X 2. Very good. Also, after having our dog "Phil" for almost two years now, it would be hard to imagine the house without him.

92redragtop
05-25-2015, 11:38 AM
X 2. Very good. Also, after having our dog "Phil" for almost two years now, it would be hard to imagine the house without him.

Yup, Rusty the Rescue has definitely put his paw print on our lives...even with his quirks.

Not4you
05-25-2015, 11:52 AM

I am starting to feel the same way about Charlie.

Stephen06GT
05-25-2015, 12:10 PM
^^ LOL!!

RedSN
05-25-2015, 12:41 PM
post of the year!

Armen
05-25-2015, 01:44 PM
Get a letter from Enbridge saying they haven't been able to read my metre for several months and they've been doing 'estimates' as to my gas usage.

I called and told them that's weird cause I've been at this address for 12 years and nothing has changed as far as access is concerned. Anyway, I gave her the digits off the gas metre and she said it's lower than the estimate number that was put in last so the system won't take it. She says someone is gonna call back and confirm a time to come do an actual reading.

She said if it turns out that the estimates have been too high, they might actually owe me money.

I replied that if Enbridge ends up paying me money back, I will know that the world is coming to an end.

She started laughing.

stangstevers
05-25-2015, 01:47 PM
http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/the-end-of-the-world-2012.jpg

Stephen06GT
05-25-2015, 02:25 PM
Fuckin' Rogers. I went to them because I hated dealing with Bell, but they are no better. ARRRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!

That is all. :D

KIDAGIN
05-25-2015, 02:32 PM
Tells us how you really feel Stephen

Not4you
05-25-2015, 02:44 PM
Fuckin' Rogers. I went to them because I hated dealing with Bell, but they are no better. ARRRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!

That is all. :D

what did you expect?

Stephen06GT
05-25-2015, 02:55 PM
what did you expect?

I was hoping for just a teeny tiny bit better, but no.

NickD
05-25-2015, 05:48 PM
phss you went backwards stephan, rogers is by far the most retarded company I have ever dealt with, I had my cell phone with them after my contract was up it took 3 months to have them cancel the plan, It got to the point where I almost bought out my whole family's plans so rogers lost our service.
Since switching out TV Internet and home phone to bell outside the occasional billing error which is quickly addressed and fixed we have been way happier and no more waiting an hour to speak to a rep on the phone

b1lk1
05-25-2015, 05:57 PM
Just deleted my facebook and google + accounts and also logged out of and deleted bookmarks to over 1/2 a dozen forums that I used to love but are now over run with trolls. Same for Youtube, tired of the trolls there too. Time to actually start talking to humans by phone or face to face.

Not4you
05-25-2015, 09:35 PM
Just deleted my facebook and google + accounts and also logged out of and deleted bookmarks to over 1/2 a dozen forums that I used to love but are now over run with trolls. Same for Youtube, tired of the trolls there too. Time to actually start talking to humans by phone or face to face.

WNNOTC is tomorrow ...

Stephen06GT
05-25-2015, 10:26 PM
WNNOTC is tomorrow ...

This.

stangstevers
05-26-2015, 07:09 AM

Youtube trolls are the worst I believe. I don't normally venture into the comments, they're way too crazy, even by my standards. I only keep facebook mainly because my family is on it (my 76 year old mother uses it a lot).

I wonder if the "interview of the future" will be two people sitting next to each other texting each other...

ZR
05-26-2015, 07:21 AM
So many addicted to texting.

5.4MarkVIII
05-26-2015, 07:35 AM
Annoyed at my internet provider.
I pay for a "high speed package" they say I should see at least 10mbps down load speed. How ever I consistantly see an average of 3mbps.
Every time my wife calls the do a test and miraculously the speed while she is on the phone with them returns to 10mbps. As soon as she is off the phone. Drops back down to 3.
I don't purchase cable. What little we watch is Netflix.
I have read a lot on the Internet lately of providers throttling internet speeds when users stream tv instead of buying it.
This is so illigal it's not even funny. I pay for a service but they don't provied IT because I don't buy all my services threw them. This is like me selling a customer a $6000 stove. Taking the money Then delivering a $1000 stove and saying. Well you didn't buy your fridge from me so that's all you get. I'd be thrown in jail.

Any way I called last night. And said I'm tired of this fix it or I'm gone. Guy does some tests. Has me Turn Netflix on and off. Sure enough he is blaming Netflix. He would have me do a speed test with Netflix on and I'd get 2-3 Mbps. THen he would have me turn Netflix on and test again. And my speed would jump to 10.
Let's be clear I have done this exact same thing on my own with out them on the other line. And never got 10.
I called him out told him it was bull shit. He told me he got some good readings and would pass it on to the tech department.
Right after I hung up my speeds jumped to over 40. Then settled in to around 10 after awhile. Guarentee by tonight it will be slowed down again

My buddy who is one town over buys pretty much the same Internet package. And pings threw the same server. But he also pays for a big cable package as well. He consistantly sees over 15mbps.

Bunch of damn crooks.

Rant over

ZR
05-26-2015, 07:37 AM
^ Until we see some real competition for our business, nothing is going to change.

jibbijib
05-26-2015, 07:52 AM
The 40+ year old wires don't really help much. I've been seeing a lot of fibre lines going in around Milton. It's hopefully a sign of things to come very soon.

5.4MarkVIII
05-26-2015, 07:52 AM
I know it really sucks. I have about three options in my area but all use the same main packages that they all buy from Rogers. It's such a shitty loophole around the monopoly laws.

5.4MarkVIII
05-26-2015, 07:54 AM
The 40+ year old wires don't really help much. I've been seeing a lot of fibre lines going in around Milton. It's hopefully a sign of things to come very soon.

Yeah they keep doing upgrades. And offering faster internet. Once the new fast stuff comes out. The old fast stuff Stops being fast until you pay more to "upgrade" your package.

b1lk1
05-26-2015, 08:18 AM
I have been very lucky with Cogeco for TV and Koodo for phone. Both companies have yet to let me down, even a little. Always get my rated speeds with internet, and that's with my 2 kids saturating my network as much as they can, lol. Koodo has great coverage and finally getting good phones. Now Koodo's CS leaves something to be desired, but for what I pay ($190 a month for 4 phones and 2 lines have 2GB and 1GB data) I don't care as I hardly ever have to call them.

WTF
05-26-2015, 09:32 AM
serious toys being played with outside my office for the next 2 days

massive 16 wheeled crane truck being set up to take down the crane from a new 35 storey condo build

it is something to see

RedSN
05-26-2015, 10:36 AM
it is something to see
PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously

RedSN
05-27-2015, 10:27 AM
Ride-4-Heart coming up this weekend.

Anybody willing to donate to a worthy cause would be appreciated! :D
http://support.heartandstroke.ca/site/TR/Events/RFH2015?team_id=7235&pg=team&fr_id=1070

http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/showthread.php?5070-Ride-4-Heart

WTF
05-27-2015, 05:16 PM
Alright.......so just back from my 2nd round at the Committee of Adjustment meeting at North York City Hall to voice concerns about the new build happening next door

learning as I go here

my beef was the length of the new build may harm a mature Maple tree straddling the property line.....and the Committee of Adjustment won't deny an application for a tree because once approved by them, it then goes to the forestry dept and changes can/will be made to avoid harming the trees

I was simply there to make my voice heard on the record and in the minutes

I met the Architect/designer of the new build who spoke on behalf of the new property owner wanting to build the house

his first reaction to the "shared tree" was that it's on his client's property and therefore I have no say.....so I referenced his own survey which clearly shows the trunk straddling the property line, and then a recent court case in the GTA which ruled that according to the Provincial Forestry Act, when a tree is on the property line it needs the explicit consent of both parties to remove/damage....and that it is a criminal act to do otherwise with penalties into the 10s of thousands including jail time.....and that I explicitly refuse to agree to have the tree removed

he seemed eager to find a solution after I said that

so the application was approved pending Forestry's assessment.....but the Architect literally spent 20 minutes with me after where I pointed out potential solutions that he never even thought about but seemed eager to address

we're now in contact via email

my goal was to make sure everyone involved in this build-plan knows that if they try to take down that tree that I will go for the jugular.....and I think I accomplished that

time will tell

speak up when given the chance folks

Lips
05-27-2015, 05:35 PM
It's a maple, rip it down and plant something GOOD, maples are hell on pipes and foundations. if buddy wants his house that close to the tree he'll find out how strong the roots are in a few years.

WTF
05-27-2015, 06:44 PM
It's a maple, rip it down and plant something GOOD, maples are hell on pipes and foundations. if buddy wants his house that close to the tree he'll find out how strong the roots are in a few years.

the tree provides my yard with shade, privacy and serenity.....and him and his foundation can go fuck himself

just had a neighbour a few doors down come by to look at the tree.....she works for the city and deals first-hand with the Forestry dept.....saw me today saying my piece

so now I have way more pull than I did first thing this morning

that tree is now on the better not fuck with level

we'll see how it goes

Laffs
05-27-2015, 07:14 PM
Thinking about Porsche, because I'm always thinking about Porsche.

TurboFox
05-27-2015, 08:05 PM
Im thinking CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA and nothing but for another week and a half..

My 8 month prison sentence is nearly over

twister
05-27-2015, 08:07 PM
last nites wnnotc....was steller:highfive:

Laffs
05-27-2015, 08:15 PM
Im thinking CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA CFA and nothing but for another week and a half..

congrats, couple buddies went through that last year, apparently the pass rate was dismal.

TurboFox
05-27-2015, 08:18 PM
Level 1 pass rate hoovers around 38%
Level 2 pass rate was 45%
Level 3 is about 49%

Rough math shows only about 10% of people get through

I'm on level 3 and ready to get my life back...

They say you need 300 hours per exam but in reality its closer to 500/exam since it is getting awfully competitive and they only take the top percentile. Level 2 was nutso lol.

Laffs
05-27-2015, 08:20 PM
They were level 1. Good luck eh.

TurboFox
05-27-2015, 08:31 PM
thanks man

92redragtop
05-27-2015, 09:52 PM

Good luck! I have 3 staff members writing the exam on the 6th.

twister
05-27-2015, 10:25 PM
so i stuck a for sale sign in the window of my car to-day @ work just for shits and giggles :shrug: have a interested party already :highfive:

Intmdtr
05-27-2015, 10:27 PM
you getting rid of the Vert?

twister
05-27-2015, 10:29 PM
you getting rid of the Vert?

not sure brian if the $ is right id sell it in a heart beat..

Intmdtr
05-27-2015, 10:29 PM
gotcha