PDA

View Full Version : Post whatever is on your mind!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96

KIDAGIN
08-29-2015, 04:31 PM
Those Blue Jays are playing just amazing baseball......... Go Jays Go

Ray721
08-29-2015, 04:38 PM
LOL just playin man.. but what was the big push to go with cats? too loud or the smell?

I was pulled over and told to quiet the car down. Figured next time I won't be so lucky regarding emissions. So add cats. Two birds with one stone sorta thing. Car gets quiet AND no emission hassles. [emoji106]🏻

hsousa88
08-29-2015, 04:44 PM
I was also pulled over and told to quiet the car down....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51t1OsPSdBc

Ray721
08-29-2015, 04:57 PM
I was also pulled over and told to quiet the car down....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51t1OsPSdBc

It's still sounds great and now I don't have to worry. I mainly wanted Cats put in to stay away from MTO troubles. As far as sound. I don't really care. I'm not changing the mufflers... Ever.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/29/9d92ec565e6e83f7a8364f4b29f5f045.jpg

ZR
08-29-2015, 05:12 PM
LOL

Ghost Rider
08-29-2015, 05:16 PM
It's still sounds great and now I don't have to worry. I mainly wanted Cats put in to stay away from MTO troubles. As far as sound. I don't really care. I'm not changing the mufflers... Ever.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/29/9d92ec565e6e83f7a8364f4b29f5f045.jpg

haha, this is awesome!!

as far as not having to worry though...you can still get noise tickets even with cats...no problem!! :D

Ray721
08-29-2015, 05:24 PM
haha, this is awesome!!

as far as not having to worry though...you can still get noise tickets even with cats...no problem!! :D

I'm ok with that. I just don't have to worry about emissions.

Ghost Rider
08-29-2015, 05:32 PM
I'm ok with that. I just don't have to worry about emissions.

Well you bought magnaflow cats...so you still might have emissions problems LMAO!!

Ray721
08-29-2015, 05:34 PM
Well....shit lol

stangstevers
08-29-2015, 05:35 PM
I want to line-x the whole thing... minus windows and lights :D

hsousa88
08-29-2015, 06:08 PM
I want to line-x the whole thing... minus windows and lights :D
Got quoted $540 + tax for ny bed... can only imagine what a whole truck would cost.

NickD
08-29-2015, 06:26 PM
me too, did I catch it from you? last couple days
(in reply to rick being sick)-thought I quoted his post

stangstevers
08-29-2015, 06:53 PM
Man.... now getting the post-selling-mustang ragrets. lol Wife is excited so that's what matters. Now she is letting me build up the truck further hehe...

Also kind of sad to let the CRV go... it has been the most reliable, cheap to own vehicle I've ever owned. Not a spec of rust, runs like a 2016... Detailing it to sell this week.

http://i.imgur.com/3PrhBj4l.jpg

jibbijib
08-29-2015, 08:16 PM
She's taken... http://ca.complex.com/style/2015/06/mikel-ruffinelli-has-worlds-largest-butt

I said a booty not a planet lol

stangstevers
08-30-2015, 06:34 AM
boyeeeee you aint no handle maaa planetary trunk

Screw
08-30-2015, 07:10 AM
I said a booty not a planet lol

I wish I could un-see that :/

Scrape
08-30-2015, 08:00 AM
You and me both.
I wish I could un-see that :/

Zexhuffer
08-30-2015, 02:25 PM
I have never understood and never will why people don't have cats on their cars.
No pro and just cons to that in my book.

stangstevers
08-30-2015, 04:32 PM
I don't like cats on my cars because they scratch the paint.

RedSN
08-30-2015, 08:06 PM
I have never understood and never will why people don't have cats on their cars.

I've got a blown cat, and you complemented me on it. :shrug:
I'm guessing people delete the cats for the sound.

Zexhuffer
08-30-2015, 11:29 PM
I've got a blown cat, and you complemented me on it. :shrug:
I'm guessing people delete the cats for the sound.

I complimented you cause it's the first time I've heard your car over a slight breeze

Armen
08-30-2015, 11:47 PM
Haha...

Ghost Rider
08-31-2015, 01:01 AM

well that was random :shrug:

people do it to gain HP, make it louder, so they don't burn them out at the track, etc.

oh and it smells orgasmic with super high octane :D

Don, you running with a blown cat? fix that shit asap...new a guy that just left his and piece of shit got sucked back up into the engine and destroyed his cynlinders

give it a kick...if it's making a rattling sound, DON'T DRIVE ANYMORE!! lol

Zexhuffer
08-31-2015, 02:14 AM
people do it to gain HP, make it louder, so they don't burn them out at the track, etc.

l

Make it louder, save and buy some slp's. Hp is bullshiat cause what you pick up for no cats isn't worth the time it is to take em off. I'm not talking about track cars I'm talking about on the street.

stangstevers
08-31-2015, 07:42 AM
These god damn trader and kijiji scammers are getting on my nerves. Anyone want to go to Nigeria with me and burn down the entire country?

stangstevers
08-31-2015, 07:43 AM
well that was random :shrug:

oh and it smells orgasmic with super high octane :D

Don, you running with a blown cat? fix that shit asap...new a guy that just left his and piece of shit got sucked back up into the engine and destroyed his cynlinders

give it a kick...if it's making a rattling sound, DON'T DRIVE ANYMORE!! lol

I spent a small fortune (near 800 bucks shipped) for an X-pipe with FOUR cats for the 86... got rid of the smell (ish) but wife still didn't like the fox.

RedSN
08-31-2015, 09:24 AM
I'm having difficulty seeing how that is remotely possible. Can somebody confirm this?

If there are bits and pieces of cat bouncing around in the exhaust system, how could they get sucked all the way up into the headers and somehow jump into the cylinder during the brief moment when the exhaust valve is open and blowing hot exhaust gases out? INCONCEIVABLE!

The only thing that has me remotely worried about the blown cat is the possibility of some of the pieces plugging the cat somehow.

(edit: is this just Dave's weird sense of humor, and it flew over my head? ....like the Recaro seats joke?)

Not4you
08-31-2015, 09:30 AM
missed that one, what was the seat joke?

ZR
08-31-2015, 09:32 AM
I'm having difficulty seeing how that is remotely possible. Can somebody confirm this?

If there are bits and pieces of cat bouncing around in the exhaust system, how could they get sucked all the way up into the headers and somehow jump into the cylinder during the brief moment when the exhaust valve is open and blowing hot exhaust gases out? INCONCEIVABLE!

The only thing that has me remotely worried about the blown cat is the possibility of some of the pieces plugging the cat somehow.

(edit: is this just Dave's weird sense of humor, and it flew over my head? ....like the Recaro seats joke?)

Very possible and does happen to some engines. Debris from the cat ends up in the engine when the EGR valve opens.

Not4you
08-31-2015, 10:07 AM
1. The object of golf is to play the least amount of golf.

2. The sinking of the Titanic must have been a miracle to the lobsters in the kitchen.

3. Instead of all the prequel and sequel movies coming out, they should start making “equels” - films shot in the same time period as the original film, but from an entirely different perspective.

4. X88B88 looks like the word "voodoo" reflecting off of itself.

5. April Fools Day is the one day of the year that people critically evaluate news articles before accepting them as true.

6. Websites should post their password requirements on their login pages so I can remember WTF I needed to do to my normal password to make it work on their site.

7. Now that cellphones are becoming more and more waterproof, pretty soon it will be okay to push people into pools again.

8. I used hola unblocker to watch Argo on the Canadian Netflix. I was an American who had to pretend to be Canadian to watch a movie about Americans who have to pretend to be Canadians making a movie.

9. Maybe 'Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?' isn't a show that displays how stupid grown adults can be, but rather, a show that depicts how much useless information we teach grade schoolers that won't be retained or applicable later in life.

10. Last night my friend asked to use a USB port to charge his cigarette, but I was using it to charge my book. The future is stupid.

11. When Sweden is playing Denmark, it is SWE-DEN. The remaining letters, not used, is DEN-MARK.

12. "Go to bed, you'll feel better in the morning" is the human version of "Did you turn it off and turn it back on again?"

13. In the future, imagine how many Go-Pros will be found in snow mountains containing the last moments of people's lives.

14. We should have a holiday called Space Day, where lights are to be shut off for at least an hour at night to reduce light pollution, so we can see the galaxy.

15. Your shadow is a confirmation that light has traveled nearly 93 million miles unobstructed, only to be deprived of reaching the ground in the final few feet thanks to you.

16. Senior citizen discounts should just round dollar amounts down so we don't have to wait in line behind them while they dig for change.

17. I have never once hit the space bar while watching a YouTube video with the intention of scrolling halfway down the page

18. Since smart watches can now read your pulse, there should be a feature that erases your browser history if your heart stops beating.

19. Waterboarding at Guantanamo Bay sounds super rad if you don’t know what either of those things are.

20. The person who would proof read Hitler's speeches was literally a grammar Nazi.

Laffs
08-31-2015, 10:32 AM
I'm going to cite some of those around the lunch table in the office later for suuuuuuuuure.

Scrape
08-31-2015, 10:34 AM
Those are great. Definitely can get some laughs out of those lines.

Ghost Rider
08-31-2015, 10:53 AM

was inconceivable that the Titanic could sink too...keep driving it, see what happens...

Ghost Rider
08-31-2015, 10:59 AM
Make it louder, save and buy some slp's. Hp is bullshiat cause what you pick up for no cats isn't worth the time it is to take em off. I'm not talking about track cars I'm talking about on the street.

you could say that about many mods

hey, you wanted reasons...I gave you reasons LOL :)

Laffs
08-31-2015, 11:01 AM
I think I was happier before social media, really need to purge it all.

Old Fart
08-31-2015, 12:16 PM
1. The object of golf is to play the least amount of golf.

2. The sinking of the Titanic must have been a miracle to the lobsters in the kitchen.

3. Instead of all the prequel and sequel movies coming out, they should start making “equels” - films shot in the same time period as the original film, but from an entirely different perspective.

4. X88B88 looks like the word "voodoo" reflecting off of itself.

5. April Fools Day is the one day of the year that people critically evaluate news articles before accepting them as true.

6. Websites should post their password requirements on their login pages so I can remember WTF I needed to do to my normal password to make it work on their site.

7. Now that cellphones are becoming more and more waterproof, pretty soon it will be okay to push people into pools again.

8. I used hola unblocker to watch Argo on the Canadian Netflix. I was an American who had to pretend to be Canadian to watch a movie about Americans who have to pretend to be Canadians making a movie.

9. Maybe 'Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?' isn't a show that displays how stupid grown adults can be, but rather, a show that depicts how much useless information we teach grade schoolers that won't be retained or applicable later in life.

10. Last night my friend asked to use a USB port to charge his cigarette, but I was using it to charge my book. The future is stupid.

11. When Sweden is playing Denmark, it is SWE-DEN. The remaining letters, not used, is DEN-MARK.

12. "Go to bed, you'll feel better in the morning" is the human version of "Did you turn it off and turn it back on again?"

13. In the future, imagine how many Go-Pros will be found in snow mountains containing the last moments of people's lives.

14. We should have a holiday called Space Day, where lights are to be shut off for at least an hour at night to reduce light pollution, so we can see the galaxy.

15. Your shadow is a confirmation that light has traveled nearly 93 million miles unobstructed, only to be deprived of reaching the ground in the final few feet thanks to you.

16. Senior citizen discounts should just round dollar amounts down so we don't have to wait in line behind them while they dig for change.

17. I have never once hit the space bar while watching a YouTube video with the intention of scrolling halfway down the page

18. Since smart watches can now read your pulse, there should be a feature that erases your browser history if your heart stops beating.

19. Waterboarding at Guantanamo Bay sounds super rad if you don’t know what either of those things are.

20. The person who would proof read Hitler's speeches was literally a grammar Nazi.

This is cool shiat!! :thumbsup:

Zexhuffer
08-31-2015, 02:51 PM
you could say that about many mods

hey, you wanted reasons...I gave you reasons LOL :)

I dont know about that that cause i dont spend money on mods that dont give me hp lol..plus ive mathematically figured out how to make slp's quieter!! HP + slp = less noise..strange but true

jibbijib
08-31-2015, 05:04 PM
My car makes 1600 hp now.

WTF
08-31-2015, 06:56 PM
came home from the office today to a sparkling clean house

my wife was on a mission today and worked her ass off

I'm not the type who accepts days off scheduled training days....and today was a training day for her.....so didn't know how to handle

was a training day for me too so I just went straight downstairs and threw the heavy stuff around...good workout

walked upstairs and she was changed and ready for her workout

it's working

ZR
08-31-2015, 07:29 PM
^^ Good deal. :)

twister
08-31-2015, 07:37 PM
my 26 year old son has moved out to sherbrooke Quebec to live with his 18 year-old g friend...

go figure

Not4you
08-31-2015, 07:50 PM
jealous much?

ZR
08-31-2015, 08:18 PM
http://www.returnofkings.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Old-man-and-young-woman.jpg

Not4you
08-31-2015, 08:22 PM
Lmao

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

ZR
08-31-2015, 08:23 PM
She'd straighten out the twisted parts on old twisty for sure.

http://40.media.tumblr.com/31239b8df1ba2a390ac4cfb679a8496b/tumblr_noy2kcwDYo1qcli77o1_1280.png

twister
08-31-2015, 08:31 PM
my 26 year old son has moved out to sherbrooke Quebec to live with his 18 year-old g friend...

go figure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YohsEI1PTSc found a foreigner cassette tape while cleaning up his room sweet tunes for the annie..

twister
08-31-2015, 08:32 PM
She'd straighten out the twisted parts on old twisty for sure.

http://40.media.tumblr.com/31239b8df1ba2a390ac4cfb679a8496b/tumblr_noy2kcwDYo1qcli77o1_1280.png

zr u sure got me pegged ..lol

92redragtop
09-01-2015, 10:37 AM
This was an interesting read (from Fast Company) - wonder if Gillette/Schick is taking notice or if the new Dyson-style ball razor is their answer.

Lathered Up: What Internet-Fueled Shaving Startups Are Really Selling
Men's grooming is a good business, but you're paying a premium for all those slick Kickstarter videos.
By Bill Barol

The recent successes of Bevel, of goal-crushing Kickstarter projects like the Rockwell and Beluga razors, and of retailers like Harry's and Dollar Shave Club, each of which has annual revenues in the tens of millions of dollars, suggest a new golden age of shaving. But they also raise a couple of questions: Why shaving, and why now?

The simple answer is that men have finally wised up to the epic nuttiness of the pricing structure for multi-blade cartridge razors, which have ruled the industry since Gillette introduced the Trac II in 1971. The market leaders—Gillette and Schick own 85% between them—manufacture cartridges for pennies and sell them at awe-inspiring markups to a captive audience. Twenty-five dollars for a four-pack of Gillette Fusion Proglides in my local market? There's a reason for that old axiom about giving them the handles and selling them the blades.

Wetshaving is the newish name for what our ancestors called "shaving."

Chutzpah this grand was sure to spawn a reaction, even if it took a few decades. The first wave came with online retailers like Harry's, DSC, and 800Razors. They've done well enough to carve out individual hunks of mind share—DSC, with its slick, wacky product videos, is Fun Gillette!, while Harry's is faux-classy Gillette—and the alt-blade market as a whole has matured to the point where a spokesperson can pitch 800Razors with the recursive tag "Normcore Harry's." That's putting it kindly: The site, with its autoplay product vids and Hey, let’s put on a website design, looks like something the clever guys at DSC might have come up with on a dare.

You can't say it isn’t working, though. Michael Dubin, CEO of Dollar Shave Club, recently told The New York Times that he’s on track to do $60 million in revenues this year. The problem is, the first-wave retailers represent a pretty minor adjustment to the majors' pricing. Market leaders Harry's and DSC lock buyers into a subscription, which is just exchanging one kind of handcuff for another. And while their pricing is more rational, it's only more rational compared to the go-screw-yourselves model of Gillette and Schick. "Should an 8-pack of quality blades really cost 32 dollars?" Harry's ads ask. And the answer is: No, of course not, because that doesn't make any sense. But Harry's solution—an 8-pack of quality blades should cost 15 dollars—doesn't either.

Psst. C’mere. Let me tell you a secret. Ready? An 8-pack of quality blades should cost about a dollar. Fourteen cents each: That's what I pay for my blade of choice, the Personna Lab Blue, at Amazon. Hi. My name is Bill, and I'm a wetshaver.

Wetshaving is the newish name for what our ancestors called "shaving." It’s a conscious return to the pre-Trac II era of single blades nestled in heavy, steely safety razors, and it's having something of a moment right now. This is particularly true on Kickstarter, where the Rockwell razor campaign recently demolished its initial goal in less than 24 hours and ended up 1,000% funded. The Rockwell 6S (it's named after the test that measures the tensile strength of materials) already has competitors drafting in its wake, like the Thomas Clipper and Beluga razors, both of which recently closed out successful funding campaigns. These guys are the counter-revolution, the reaction against the reaction, and in that sense their success is a salutary thing.

There is some real, if modest, shaving innovation here. The Rockwell 6S, which has three swappable base plates that yield six different blade exposures, is a clever take on the decades-old adjustable razor. Mostly, though, they’re lifestyle brands, using the now-familiar tools of product video and social media to sell the idea of shaving as a relaxed, manly pleasure to guys who've only known the rushed, get-out-the-door frenzy of the cartridge shave. Sometimes that positioning is merely innocuous: Thomas Clipper appropriates the hushed, stately tone of Apple ads ("Designed in London, made in metal, built to last").

Sometimes it's just nuts. The pivot-head Beluga razor is a bizarrely over-engineered thing that looks like a fountain pen mated with a Trabant. Its 28-year-old CEO, Zac Wertz, really wants you to know about Beluga's "high-end linen Micarta handle that literally has sheets of linen in it that puff up when it gets wet."

I read this and I think: In other words, a plastic handle. On a razor that will eventually retail for $150, more than double the price of my all-stainless steel Weber Razor with the Bulldog handle, a beautifully knurled thing that weighs about as much as a hammer. But I'm clearly not the target for carnival barkers like Wertz, because I'm already in the tent. What crowdfunded shaving startups tend to have in common is an almost-evangelical fervency: Let us lead you out of the wilderness of Gillette and Schick. There is this thing called wetshaving, and whatever may have come before—NO NO, LOOK OVER HERE—we will show it to you. (And you will cover our substantial R+D and manufacturing expenses, because let's face it, this high-end linen Micarta isn't going to puff itself up.) That's the kind of pitch that's powerfully alluring to people who want to help midwife the Next New Thing into the world. Even if, in this case, the new thing goes back a century, to when a traveling salesman named King Camp Gillette introduced the disposable blade.

That's okay. Maybe every generation of shavers has to think it discovered single-blade shaving, the way every generation of music fans thinks it discovered Ska. Guys will get there however they get there, and whether their implement of choice is a new Rockwell, a 1950s Gillette Super Speed, or that cheap knockoff the guy from Pawn Stars hawks on basic cable, the rewards are the same. At the most basic level, wetshaving is fun. It tickles the tinkerer lobe in the brain. There is a universe of tools available, from razors to brushes to blades to soaps and creams and pre- and post-shave emollients, redolent of grass and orange oil and black pepper, and every guy gets to hack together his own take on what works. Did yesterday's shave leave your face a little raw? Change your blade, try a dollop of glycerin on your brush, mix the Mitchell's Wool Fat soap with the Proraso cream and see what happens. There's your innovation.

And there are deeper, more profound pleasures to it. Wetshaving connects us not just to the past, but to our own pasts—it's what our fathers did, and their fathers. It reminds you of the value of ritual. It is a learned skill, one that demands practice and rewards it with expertise. And it enforces focus, requiring that you slow down and concentrate on the job that's immediately at hand, because to do otherwise invites bloodshed. Wetshaving is a relaxing, meditative ritual that clears the mind and sends one out into the world a better, not just a better-groomed, person. Now how much would you pay?  

Not4you
09-01-2015, 10:59 AM
I have been wet shaving for years. only way to go IMO. better outcome for your skin, and your wallet.

stangstevers
09-01-2015, 11:08 AM

go figure

tabarnak... goot fo eeeeim.

Old Fart
09-01-2015, 01:16 PM
Well, my retirement is finally here! Worked 34 years in my one and only job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RedSN
09-01-2015, 01:17 PM
sooooooooooooooo jealous!
congrats!

Old Fart
09-01-2015, 01:19 PM
Thanks Don!!

Stephen06GT
09-01-2015, 01:20 PM

Congrats!

Old Fart
09-01-2015, 01:21 PM
Thanks Stephen!

Stephen06GT
09-01-2015, 01:24 PM
Thanks Stephen!

Do you have any special plans for your first full day of retirement? Like Don said, so jealous.

RedSN
09-01-2015, 01:29 PM
186 workers per day.
....what is "workplace fatalities in China"?

Another big explosion in China.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/deadly-explosions-highlight-china-workplace-dangers-1441100168

Blackmare
09-01-2015, 01:31 PM
Congrats Bruter!

ZR
09-01-2015, 02:04 PM
Congrats Bruter.

Ziggyzag420
09-01-2015, 02:05 PM

Congrats on the retirement, what line of work were you in for 34 years

The Newmare
09-01-2015, 02:17 PM
congrats,about to start my 36th year at the same place and still years til retirement......I envy you!!

KIDAGIN
09-01-2015, 02:29 PM
Congrats on the retirement,

WTF
09-01-2015, 03:23 PM
well done on the retirement Bruter

hsousa88
09-01-2015, 04:17 PM
Congrats on the retirement.

Now you can go fast... really fast!

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

Ray721
09-01-2015, 04:47 PM
Congrats on the retirement!

25 more years for me [emoji53]

hsousa88
09-01-2015, 05:53 PM
Congrats on the retirement!

25 more years for me [emoji53]

You think your union pension will still be there waiting for ya? I wonder this often..

WTF
09-01-2015, 06:35 PM
my wife's workouts just went up another notch today

leg day again

4 weeks ago she couldn't do forward lunges at all....terrible form...weak....fine...I said we'll get back to that

stuck to thigh extensions, body-weight squats and standing leg curls with leg weights since then

today I said we're adding forward lunges again....but not replacing an exercise....we're adding it to the work out

perfect form now and no problem doing the movement....not to mention adding 5 more sets to her leg workout

she was sweating and her legs and butt were burning and she did every set..... and then immediately went to the fridge for a bottle of water .......3 weeks ago she woulda quit when the burning started

she knows it's working

Screw
09-01-2015, 06:51 PM

Congrats and enjoy

Intmdtr
09-01-2015, 07:18 PM
Feb 28th 2018 will be my retirement year.......25 years with good behavior.

Screw
09-01-2015, 07:25 PM
Feb 28th 2018 will be my retirement year.......25 years with good behavior.

Not too far away , nice u can kick back and ur still young .

Hey I think I might have passed by your place in W.Sands , wasn't sure didn't wanna slam on my brakes and freak the mrs out . Green SN parked closer to the road left side of the driveway on Sunday ?

Intmdtr
09-01-2015, 07:33 PM
Not too far away , nice u can kick back and ur still young .

Hey I think I might have passed by your place in W.Sands , wasn't sure didn't wanna slam on my brakes and freak the mrs out . Green SN parked closer to the road left side of the driveway on Sunday ?

yep thats my place, should have dropped in. I was probably out back working on the deck.

Old Fart
09-01-2015, 07:44 PM
Thanks again for the wishes

Do you have any special plans for your first full day of retirement? Like Don said, so jealous.

I did some bodywork on my son's car...lol, I remember how I hate doing that.

Congrats on the retirement, what line of work were you in for 34 years

I worked at the Porcupine Health Unit as a public health inspector, then supervisor, then director, then public health inspector after my first stroke, then coordinator. After my second stroke in April 2013 I called it quits, went on long term disability and here I am!

KIDAGIN
09-01-2015, 07:56 PM
[QUOTE=Bruter;127297]Well, my retirement is finally here! Worked 34 years in my one and only job.

I have been retired for 24 years and let me tell you it's good not to have to set an alarm each moring, shit shower and shave, and then fight traffic into the city just to spend the day dealing with grumpy customers. A major life style change for sure.
Enjoy it you deserve it.

Screw
09-01-2015, 07:56 PM
yep thats my place, should have dropped in. I was probably out back working on the deck.

I think u were out front , very nice area man congrats

Intmdtr
09-01-2015, 08:35 PM
I think u were out front , very nice area man congrats

Thanks, we love it so far.

stangstevers
09-02-2015, 11:13 AM
On the mind?

BLAH!

Ray721
09-02-2015, 12:03 PM
You think your union pension will still be there waiting for ya? I wonder this often..

Don't see why not. Been around for over 50 years now. Besides if it isn't. That's what guns are for.

hsousa88
09-02-2015, 04:02 PM
Don't see why not. Been around for over 50 years now. Besides if it isn't. That's what guns are for.
Dunno man, times are changing for the worse. Guys our age will probably not be able to touch it till we're 70.. just talkin outta my ass here but who knows.

Your right though, that's what guns are for.

stangstevers
09-02-2015, 05:17 PM
[QUOTE=Bruter;127297]Well, my retirement is finally here! Worked 34 years in my one and only job.

I have been retired for 24 years and let me tell you it's good not to have to set an alarm each moring, shit shower and shave, and then fight traffic into the city just to spend the day dealing with grumpy customers. A major life style change for sure.
Enjoy it you deserve it.

I usually shit at the office while doing emails when I get in...

Ray721
09-02-2015, 05:21 PM
Dunno man, times are changing for the worse. Guys our age will probably not be able to touch it till we're 70.. just talkin outta my ass here but who knows.

Your right though, that's what guns are for.

I signed up the last year the 85 and out formula was in effect. Everyone that joined after me works till 55 regardless. I'm eligible at 52 or 53, I can't quite remember lol. I'm not going to retire until 55 though. Maybe even 60 if I'm healthy. Who knows.

I talk about times changing for the worse, and skilled trade unions will be a thing of the past with my old man, and the old timers at work They all heard the same shit when they were in their 20's. It's a roller coaster. Always has been. We're in for the bottom of the hill the next year or two but things will heat up again and the future will be bright in a couple years.

Screw
09-02-2015, 05:27 PM
Hugo & Ray you guys should be ok for the long haul .

hsousa88
09-02-2015, 07:19 PM
Hope your both right.

Ghost Rider
09-02-2015, 07:33 PM
Interesting stats

September 1st, 1992 - 75-57

September 1st, 1993 - 75-57

September 1st, 2015 - 75-57

http://www.connectedrogers.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/blue-jays1.jpg

Scrape
09-02-2015, 09:26 PM
Looks like Jays are on track to win the Pennant this year.
Interesting stats

September 1st, 1992 - 75-57

September 1st, 1993 - 75-57

September 1st, 2015 - 75-57

http://www.connectedrogers.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/blue-jays1.jpg

newbiestangowner
09-02-2015, 09:32 PM
Looks like Jays are on track to win the Pennant this year.

oh oh you just jinxed them Laurence lol :choke:

Scrape
09-02-2015, 10:20 PM
Wait and see :D

oh oh you just jinxed them Laurence lol :choke:

NickD
09-03-2015, 12:04 AM
anyone have a wideband gauge/sensor I can borrow for a couple days?

WTF
09-03-2015, 07:28 AM
today is my wife's first day back at work after 17 weeks off

gonna be a long day for her

The Newmare
09-03-2015, 07:37 AM
^^^^^hope all goes well for her Tim^^^^^

stangstevers
09-03-2015, 07:38 AM
It's official, Mustang replaced with a blue Fusion. Decent family hauler but not going to win any races, especially with non-premium fuel. I can fit my freaking marshall stack amp in the trunk!!!!! Impressive!

Feels kind of funny to get rid of the 5.0, Kind of regret it but I wasn't smart about it, too scared to use it in fear of dings and whatnot. At least the wife is happy (although she looked pissed at the dealership, I think she's having an internal struggle with Escape vs Fusion but after driving it she's all good with it now).

ZR
09-03-2015, 07:46 AM
Congrats on the purchase.

Stephen06GT
09-03-2015, 08:51 AM
^^^^^hope all goes well for her Tim^^^^^

KIDAGIN
09-03-2015, 09:29 AM
X3

ZR
09-03-2015, 10:20 AM

stangstevers
09-03-2015, 10:35 AM
http://media.caranddriver.com/images/media/51/25-cars-worth-waiting-for-07-2015-bmw-x5-m-and-x6-m-inline-photo-585481-s-original.jpg

:D

Laffs
09-03-2015, 12:17 PM
Touchdown Tom is Teflon Tom.

Scrape
09-03-2015, 12:29 PM
cool. But its all going in the right direction. Glad to hear this.
today is my wife's first day back at work after 17 weeks off

gonna be a long day for her

Scrape
09-03-2015, 12:33 PM
congrats on the new Fusion but I hear you on the Stang. I am worried all the time too but there is not a lot you can do. Shit happens. But this SUV is sweet indeed.

http://media.caranddriver.com/images/media/51/25-cars-worth-waiting-for-07-2015-bmw-x5-m-and-x6-m-inline-photo-585481-s-original.jpg

:D

stangstevers
09-03-2015, 12:39 PM
Welp... was nice chatting with you all. I'm logging off until I get back into mustangs. CAI is still for sale but you can reach me via kijiji.

Cheers and thanks TMC! Best Mustang club site out there :D

ZR
09-03-2015, 12:41 PM
Stang or no stang, welcome to stay.

RedSN
09-03-2015, 12:49 PM
Take it easy Steve. I'm sure the Mustang bug will get you again soon. You just need to get over the whole scratch-n-dent anxiety. ;)

1low03gt
09-03-2015, 08:53 PM
I'm really hating city driving more, and more!!!
No turn signals... but yet I can use my fn celphone in hand!
Stop signs... yap it's a yield sign!
Red lights... yap it's green... or at least I thought it was!
Merging lanes from on ramps... I'm scared, don't know what to do but f up the flow behind me!
Merging lanes from off ramps... f you bud, eat the shoulder, I ain't moving!
Pulling into traffic from a plaza, or driveway,ects... I know he's got no one behind him as he is coming down the street at a descent pace, but I'll piss him off, and cut right in front of him so he can brake with extreme force while I cost on in front of him!

And I can go on, and on, and on!!
I'm no angel, but I respect what's around me. I would love to challenge the MTO on their skills for the simple reason of how many fn unsafe idiots are on the roads today!

There is my rant that has been building up!
Thanks for reading. It makes me feel better already. :)

Armen
09-03-2015, 08:59 PM
Welp... was nice chatting with you all. I'm logging off until I get back into mustangs. CAI is still for sale but you can reach me via kijiji.

Dude, you need to learn the phrase 'in moderation'. Holy smokes!

ZR
09-03-2015, 09:14 PM
Merging lanes from on ramps... I'm scared, don't know what to do but f up the flow behind me!
Pulling into traffic from a plaza, or driveway,ects... I know he's got no one behind him as he is coming down the street at a descent pace, but I'll piss him off, and cut right in front of him so he can brake with extreme force while I cost on in front of him!

I'm no angel, but I respect what's around me. I would love to challenge the MTO on their skills for the simple reason of how many fn unsafe idiots are on the roads today!

Holds hand ;up and admits...........chant the same rant at least twice weekly living in Scarberia.

5.4MarkVIII
09-04-2015, 07:29 AM

No different in small town
Just last week. I'm driving down a country road. Doing 100 in an 80. No one I front of me and no one behind. Lady pulls out in front of me from a side road didn't signal didn't stop for the stop sign. I break had to avoid hitting her. Follow her for the next 5 km. wih her not knowing if she wants to do 70 or 90. I finally get fed up. Come to a spot with room and pass her. Merge back in crest a hill and there's a cop. Gives me a ticket for speeding and didn't seem to care in the least when I told had just passed and gave him the reason why.

Stephen06GT
09-04-2015, 08:06 AM

Once a Mustang owner always a Mustang owner. You won't get rid of us that easy.

Arboc
09-04-2015, 08:31 AM
short work day and Zac Brown Band tonight, woo hoo!

92redragtop
09-04-2015, 11:07 AM
Stang or no stang, welcome to stay.

Unless you have an Audi! BTW, anyone seen Mark lately?

Scrape
09-04-2015, 11:58 AM
He's BBQ in the backyard or rocking in his band.

Unless you have an Audi! BTW, anyone seen Mark lately?

KIDAGIN
09-04-2015, 12:06 PM
He's BBQ in the backyard or rocking in his band.

Or at the beer store

KIDAGIN
09-04-2015, 02:13 PM
When I was a child I thought nap time was punishment. Now it's like a mini vacation

Amsoil Guy
09-04-2015, 03:33 PM
Next mod for ZR?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpxPFXyfz3A

ZR
09-04-2015, 03:37 PM
Who the hell do you think came up with the idea.

Ray721
09-04-2015, 05:22 PM
Well, I'm in Montreal right now for a family reunion I have ZERO FUCKING INTEREST in being part of.

I don't know anybody here but my father asked Michaela and I if we wanted to go months ago. I hesitated answering and Michaela said yeah. [emoji58]

So here I am. 5 hours spent in a focus (car I loathe entirely) with two freaked out dogs whining and panting the whole time. I was totally willing to drive off the bridge. [emoji35]

The front desk fucked up and now we're in a booked hotel with a smaller than advertised TV, no Bluetooth speakers and a broken bar fridge. If this fucker wasn't booked on my Credit card this room would be in fucking flames right now.

Weekend from hell and it hasn't even started yet!

Edit:
Novotel is the name of this shit hole. Don't ever book here. Fucking garbage, arrogant front desk.

ZR
09-04-2015, 05:40 PM
Few beers from now the hotel fiasco will be a distant memory.

WTF
09-04-2015, 06:53 PM
the #1 reason I don't have kids moves back in with Mom this weekend

gonna write a book about it one day

unimpressed knowing what coulda woulda shoulda

simultaneously concerned about health

overwhelming feeling of mistrust and entitlement

my dad is rolling over in his grave

hsousa88
09-04-2015, 06:58 PM
Few beers from now the hotel fiasco will be a distant memory.
This guy knows what he's talkin aboot.

Screw
09-04-2015, 07:03 PM
Well, I'm in Montreal right now for a family reunion I have ZERO FUCKING INTEREST in being part of.

I don't know anybody here but my father asked Michaela and I if we wanted to go months ago. I hesitated answering and Michaela said yeah. [emoji58]

So here I am. 5 hours spent in a focus (car I loathe entirely) with two freaked out dogs whining and panting the whole time. I was totally willing to drive off the bridge. [emoji35]

The front desk fucked up and now we're in a booked hotel with a smaller than advertised TV, no Bluetooth speakers and a broken bar fridge. If this fucker wasn't booked on my Credit card this room would be in fucking flames right now.

Weekend from hell and it hasn't even started yet!

Edit:
Novotel is the name of this shit hole. Don't ever book here. Fucking garbage, arrogant front desk.

Ray ray ray , have a few pints , hit the strip , maybe catch a little strip while ur at it the Frenchies openly invite the females in for free and u pay no cover ..,, relax and just drink through it ;)

NickD
09-04-2015, 07:05 PM
Just went to drive a 2011 5.0 convertible, I came away disappointed. Don't know what gears it had 3.55 or 3.31 but it seemed slower then my car
Kinda crushed my dreams

Screw
09-04-2015, 07:06 PM
Just went to drive a 2011 5.0 convertible, I came away disappointed. Don't know what gears it had 3.55 or 3.31 but it seemed slower then my car
Kinda crushed my dreams

Illusion

Screw
09-04-2015, 07:33 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2015/09/04/toyota-50-million-research-facilities-stanford-mit/71670740/

Will this make it easier to use handheld devices ...? Wtf technology is out of control

ZR
09-04-2015, 07:33 PM
I think you'll wanna drive that car a second time, line em up, will pull the 3v by a large margin.

Ghost Rider
09-04-2015, 08:11 PM
Illusion

^^^this!

NickD
09-04-2015, 08:24 PM
I think you'll wanna drive that car a second time, line em up, will pull the 3v by a large margin.
Drove it twice, once with the top up once down, if its 3.31 it may explain it otherwise it was 3 adults in the car (friend and sales guy)
but I came away very disappointed.
My tuner got my car figured out and it pulls hard so who knows I'm prob close to stock coyote numbers and then the difference of 4.10's
I would like to drive another car (performance pack or something)

Ray721
09-04-2015, 10:12 PM
Well, my 06 GT had Kooks LT, xpipe, mac axel back, steeda cai, steeda underdrive pulleys and a bunch of suspension work. It got Walked by a stock 5.0.

Sure you werent in a 3.7? LOL! !😂

Ghost Rider
09-04-2015, 10:20 PM
I was going to use Ray's car as an example actually...it doesn't feel fast (no offence) but it is fast, it's just much smoother so you don't get that RAW feeling of the older gens...remember thinking that when we were burning down the straight (remember...the one time you came out to the track?)

that was my experience anyways and my opinion

Ray721
09-04-2015, 11:36 PM
I was going to use Ray's car as an example actually...it doesn't feel fast (no offence) but it is fast, it's just much smoother so you don't get that RAW feeling of the older gens...remember thinking that when we were burning down the straight (remember...the one time you came out to the track?)

Yup, pretty much have to agree with everything here lol. Car was stock last track day. Really soft suspension and stock tires = zero confidence lol. Not to mention first time out. Car had lots more in it.

Ghost Rider
09-04-2015, 11:47 PM
^^^no, not that...I just mean, even though we were hauling ass down the straight away, it was very smooth so it didn't feel as fast as we were actually going...

you didn't very well at the track for a first time out, wasn't suggesting otherwise :)

Ray721
09-05-2015, 12:03 AM
I hear ya. It was fast, but didn't feel like it.

But it still could have been faster. I even have pretty good tires now but i can't make it to fall track day. Can't take time off work.

Ghost Rider
09-05-2015, 12:07 AM
I hear ya. It was fast, but didn't feel like it.

But it still could have been faster. I even have pretty good tires now but i can't make it to fall track day. Can't take time off work.

You're right...I could have driven it!! :D

Ray721
09-05-2015, 12:12 AM
Don't doubt that. Going quick around the track takes practice.

Ghost Rider
09-05-2015, 12:18 AM
^^^well, I can offer to take her to the track for you while your at work? I'll take good care of her :)

NickD
09-05-2015, 12:21 AM
Ray what gears are in your car? I was speaking with guys tonight in Mississauga and they said the convertible felt a lot slower then the coup which I was surprised that you could actually feel it. Its very possible this was just smooth or like I said 3 big guys and 331 gears maybe it just wasn't what I was expecting.
Newest tune with the cams and manifold my car finally feels right. So I'm not as eager to pursue the 5.0, for the money I probably will just do a DOB kit like mark.

Ray721
09-05-2015, 08:20 AM
My car is a Track Pack car so it has 3:73 gears. My 2006 had 3:55 gears. My 14 also dynos over 100HP at the wheels more than the 06 so that kinda makes a difference lol.

Honestly though, if you still love everything about your car and just want a little more squeeze, go with a power adder. Only reason I went newer was the fact that my car wasn't doing it for me anymore in every aspect.

Ray721
09-05-2015, 08:23 AM
^^^well, I can offer to take her to the track for you while your at work? I'll take good care of her :)

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/05/eead6fbf7d7b35199d1a0c69540e0ae5.jpg

IanGTCS
09-05-2015, 08:25 AM
First Saturday I've had off in ages, still woke up really early. Going to finally fix the leaking taps around the house today.

twister
09-05-2015, 08:32 AM
hey what gives peeps... i surpassed the 1,000 post and no damn cookie :sarcasm:

jibbijib
09-05-2015, 08:36 AM

If you wanna feel like you're going faster than you actually are, go for a rip in a fox.

Newer cars always seem slower because they are more refined and the outward visibility is much different.

I'm not saying my car is fast but it feels fast.

Arboc
09-05-2015, 09:44 AM
well today.

Me and Shannon, and Tim Weir and Stacey are off to "Lips" (Kevin Palachik) Ontario wedding reception. Party on!

ZR
09-05-2015, 11:05 AM
Should be a good time Kev, enjoy.

Ray721
09-05-2015, 09:09 PM
Weekend from hell update.

AC in room is broken. Stopped working last night and they couldn't get it working. It's currently 27 degrees outside and it feels like the arctic compared to our room.

They're gonna comp us the room and tomorrow's breakfast but I've had enough of this fucking garbage. We're packing our shit and leaving.

When I get home I'm gonna hop in my mustang and drive it like I hate it. Need some SERIOUS stress relief. Gah!

Ray721
09-05-2015, 09:11 PM
If I had a choice between staying in a Novotel hotel or playing a Jigsaw game from saw I'd choose the game.

Screw
09-05-2015, 09:37 PM
Weekend from hell update.

AC in room is broken. Stopped working last night and they couldn't get it working. It's currently 27 degrees outside and it feels like the arctic compared to our room.

They're gonna comp us the room and tomorrow's breakfast but I've had enough of this fucking garbage. We're packing our shit and leaving.

When I get home I'm gonna hop in my mustang and drive it like I hate it. Need some SERIOUS stress relief. Gah!

Oh that suks man , I personally can't take the heat , shiat now u gotta cram your butt in the little Focus for 5hrs .... Enjoy your stang !

twister
09-05-2015, 09:42 PM
heading to wasaga 2 morrow.. keep telling myself not to forget my dark sunglasses .

Screw
09-05-2015, 09:49 PM
heading to wasaga 2 morrow.. keep telling myself not to forget my dark sunglasses .

Oh I'm sure it will be purdy busy up there , lots of tarts running around ;)

Ray721
09-05-2015, 10:28 PM
Oh that suks man , I personally can't take the heat , shiat now u gotta cram your butt in the little Focus for 5hrs .... Enjoy your stang !

To be completely honest. The amount of shit that has happened at this point has become comical. I'll just be happy when I pull into the driveway. At 3:30-4:00am lol

Ghost Rider
09-06-2015, 12:09 AM
^^^yeah, that does suck, drive safe :)

Ray721
09-06-2015, 12:10 AM
Stopped at first en route. Little over 1hr down. Couple more to go [emoji106]🏻

NickD
09-06-2015, 02:25 AM
Sparta was a blast! wish it wasn't so far but leaps and bounds above any experience I've had at TMP, I will be returning again... Often

Ray721
09-06-2015, 03:29 AM
Home. Bed time. Not too bad time wise. 4.5 hrs with two stops to walk the dogs.

Scrape
09-06-2015, 03:38 PM
Jays are kicking ass!

WTF
09-06-2015, 06:52 PM
surgeon gave me the go-ahead Wednesday to get Jodi working her abs/stomach as part of her workouts

added rope-crunches today

initial workouts were 8 minutes and grew to 12 minutes

today was 15 minutes maybe 20

she didn't want music over the past 5 weeks.....had the tunes going today

seems were both on a mission and it's working

Old Fart
09-06-2015, 07:49 PM
Very happy for you two!

ZR
09-06-2015, 08:14 PM
Awesome Tim.

The Newmare
09-07-2015, 06:14 PM
great to ear Tim!!

Scrape
09-08-2015, 08:32 AM
That is awesome news.

ZR
09-08-2015, 09:23 AM
I hear you brother, 3+ weeks here.

BOOOSTD
09-08-2015, 09:26 AM
Little guy was excited for 1st day of school - grade 6

WTF
09-08-2015, 07:06 PM
I know I post way to frequent about my wife's progress in the gym

but....when she yanks nearly all of her clothes off in front of you to say "look....look...look" well....that's serious progress

she turns 48 in about 2 weeks and I'd card her if I worked at the LCBO

9-10 weeks ago she was literally skin and bones.....when she saw herself in a mirror it was devastation

now she's showing off

99 pounds and growing...all in the right places

it's amazing

CON VERT
09-08-2015, 07:10 PM
Tim, your post is useless without pic's LOL. Really happy to hear Jodie is making great progress, say HI , G & G

Amsoil Guy
09-08-2015, 07:20 PM
DALLAS - A Texas woman taken into custody in a suspected drug arrest has been charged with violating state concealed firearms laws by hiding a fully loaded, snub-nosed handgun in her vagina, police in Waco said on Tuesday.

Ashley Castaneda, 31, was also charged with methamphetamine possession. She was in a car with a man that was pulled over for a traffic violation and officers found the drugs inside the vehicle, police said.

On her way to jail, Castaneda told police that she had concealed the handgun in her vagina, making the disclosure out of fear it could go off during the trip, according to police.

"Officers immediately stopped and a female officer searched Castaneda discovering she had in fact placed a loaded Smith and Wesson pistol inside her body cavity," police in the central Texas city said in a statement.

"The weapon had a round chambered and a full magazine of bullets," police said.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/09/08/texas-woman-charged-with-unlawfully-concealing-handgun-in-vagina

I'm speechless.

WTF
09-08-2015, 07:36 PM
Tim, your post is useless without pic's LOL. Really happy to hear Jodie is making great progress, say HI , G & G

she's 2 months away from the hot babe thread.......and I will NEVER take or post a pic

KIDAGIN
09-08-2015, 07:51 PM
Tim you do not have a camers remember

ZR
09-08-2015, 08:00 PM
Awesome news Tim.

VirgilHilts
09-08-2015, 08:44 PM
http://www.torontosun.com/2015/09/08/texas-woman-charged-with-unlawfully-concealing-handgun-in-vagina

I'm speechless.

Happiness is a warm gun!

TheMustangShow
09-08-2015, 10:37 PM
Happiness is a warm gun!

LoL!

Scrape
09-09-2015, 06:57 AM
We don't mind you posting Tim. Her progress makes us all happy to know that our prayers are helping her heal.
I know I post way to frequent about my wife's progress in the gym

but....when she yanks nearly all of her clothes off in front of you to say "look....look...look" well....that's serious progress

she turns 48 in about 2 weeks and I'd card her if I worked at the LCBO

9-10 weeks ago she was literally skin and bones.....when she saw herself in a mirror it was devastation

now she's showing off

99 pounds and growing...all in the right places

it's amazing

ZR
09-09-2015, 08:08 AM
+1 on the above.

Armen
09-09-2015, 09:10 PM
Great turnout at the Canadian Tire Cruise night. Lots of cool cars.

Ray721
09-12-2015, 09:15 AM
Yay! rain all weekend [emoji58]

WTF
09-12-2015, 10:22 AM
YES....persistence pays off

been harping at VW Canada for nearly 2 years to make the Reflex Silver colour available on the GTI

well....it's now an option for 2016

gonna plow through a workout and get my shit together and head over to the dealer and order my wife a new car

2016 GTI
2 door
sunroof
leather
auto trans

stoked

RedSN
09-12-2015, 10:26 AM
Sweet reward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Armen
09-12-2015, 10:29 AM
YES....persistence pays off

been harping at VW Canada for nearly 2 years to make the Reflex Silver colour available on the GTI

well....it's now an option for 2016

gonna plow through a workout and get my shit together and head over to the dealer and order my wife a new car

2016 GTI
2 door
sunroof
leather
auto trans

stoked

Awesome cars. Which trim level? Base, Autobahn or Performance?

WTF
09-12-2015, 11:19 AM
Awesome cars. Which trim level? Base, Autobahn or Performance?

will find out in a bit

the priority is 2 door and they sometimes limit the options on the 2 vs the 4

if there's not limits it'll be optioned right up the wazoo

Armen
09-12-2015, 11:39 AM
will find out in a bit

the priority is 2 door and they sometimes limit the options on the 2 vs the 4

if there's not limits it'll be optioned right up the wazoo

I looked at 2015's a few weeks ago. Same deal... Two door was a must. All things considered the middle Autobahn trim level was to my liking - you get the LED headlights and 18" wheels that aren't available on the Base GTI. The top level Performance gets the adjustable suspension which, for a daily, meh...

FoxRod
09-12-2015, 11:59 AM
Gti's are great cars my son loves his Wolfsburg Edition 13'...must have is the Jacky Cloth interior :)

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll219/ab134345/vw1_zpssynyqclj.jpg (http://s289.photobucket.com/user/ab134345/media/vw1_zpssynyqclj.jpg.html)

they're now built in Messico... :(

Armen
09-12-2015, 12:08 PM
must have is the Jacky Cloth interior...

Totally agree. The guy asked me if I wanted leather, and I was like "Why would anyone get leather when the standard seats are so freak'n cool?"

Scrape
09-12-2015, 12:57 PM
GTI's are great cars. My mom has an 09 GTI and still runs really well. I've had my share of VW and Audi's and still have a soft spot for them as a daily.

WTF
09-12-2015, 04:19 PM
car is ordered

got the Performance trim package....so a little hp boost...bigger brakes etc

it's loaded to the tits with leather and a sunroof.....seats are electric, it's got a rearview camera etc etc

it's basically her current 07 silver 2dr Rabbit.....but way nicer....and on steroids

also popped for the 10 year bumper-to-bumper warantee

gonna take a couple of months before it gets here.....gives me time to order another set of aluminum wheels to mount the winter rubber

hsousa88
09-12-2015, 04:38 PM
^ nice!!

How does the 10 yr bumper to bumper warranty with VW work? Does the car always have to be serviced at a dealer?

Great lil cars.

WTF
09-12-2015, 05:38 PM
^ nice!!

How does the 10 yr bumper to bumper warranty with VW work? Does the car always have to be serviced at a dealer?

Great lil cars.

non-wear parts are covered.....my concern is the boatload of sensors and electronics......so all that shit is covered until 2025 or 2026 depending on when the car arrives

I service the daily at the dealer so I never asked if not servicing there was an issue......they've been real good imo over the last 9 years on the Rabbit

bluetoy
09-12-2015, 06:09 PM
Caitlyn Jenner is NOT a woman so pleeeeeaaaase stop calling him she or her. He is a man living his life as a woman. Doesn't matter how much surgery he has.

Oh and I have to say VW's are good cars. My 2005 Passat just rolled over 305,000 km's. Never had 1 warranty issue or any repairs at all. Oil changes and filter changes. thats it. 12 yr unlimited mileage rust warranty to boot. Recently had to change the anti shudder valve for the intake. cost me $100 used.

Armen
09-12-2015, 06:52 PM
Oh wow, Tim, that IS full POP, lol. Congrats. Beauty of a ride it will be.

Stephen06GT
09-12-2015, 07:38 PM
My daughter Celeste and her soccer team won their season ending tournament today. They beat a team that they hadn't beat all season on penalty kicks. Celeste scored to tie the game at 2-2 and she scored in penalty kicks. Congrats Team Royal Blue.

ZR
09-12-2015, 08:06 PM
Congrats

Tim on the new car.

Celeste on the victory.

Ray721
09-12-2015, 09:39 PM
I passed my M1 test today. Hope I can get into an M2 course before years end.

ZR
09-12-2015, 11:48 PM
Nicely done.
GM licensed here brother.

55 HD
09-13-2015, 09:40 AM
NICE Ray....that is one way to get on 2 wheels. Who needs a drag track to be on 2

Hope to see you out riding around town.

jibbijib
09-15-2015, 09:24 AM
People must be forgetting how to use the feedback score these days.

Old Fart
09-16-2015, 09:29 PM
Bears around here are hungry...not a good berry season...or he likes my cooking!!

http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o615/bruter89/Misc/DSCF8037_zpsspmurlkx.jpg (http://s1150.photobucket.com/user/bruter89/media/Misc/DSCF8037_zpsspmurlkx.jpg.html)

Screw
09-16-2015, 09:39 PM
Bears around here are hungry...not a good berry season...or he likes my cooking!!

http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o615/bruter89/Misc/DSCF8037_zpsspmurlkx.jpg (http://s1150.photobucket.com/user/bruter89/media/Misc/DSCF8037_zpsspmurlkx.jpg.html)

No shiat eh lol maybe big coons ?

Old Fart
09-16-2015, 09:46 PM
^^^Naw, it was a bear...chased him away 3 times. It was a young one...maybe 1-2 years old.

Screw
09-16-2015, 09:52 PM
Geeze we would have called out the zoo-keepers in Newmarket , poor little guy wouldn't stand a chance here . So about as common as raccoons then ?

Old Fart
09-16-2015, 10:44 PM
Up here, yes especially in the country. The only raccoons we get are hitch-hikers from the transport trucks that fall off!

FoxRod
09-16-2015, 11:29 PM
Skunk problem here, dog got sprayed again tonight. Twice in a month....fack!

Scrape
09-17-2015, 07:36 AM
Tired as shit today. Want to go home and sleep if I can.

RedSN
09-17-2015, 08:26 AM
The only raccoons we get are hitch-hikers from the transport trucks that fall off!
And then the bears eat them.

Old Fart
09-17-2015, 10:10 AM
LOL

5-GT
09-17-2015, 11:52 AM
Up here, yes especially in the country. The only raccoons we get are hitch-hikers from the transport trucks that fall off!

I live in Timmins had a raccoon on my deck about a month ago but it was the first time i ever saw one wife took a pic.

hsousa88
09-19-2015, 02:31 PM
So does any weathertech retailer in this city actually have stuff in stock? I've called so many places but 0 stock.

It's 2015.. I can order things myself at home. Why be a dealer and carry no stock? Fawk I'm grumpy today.

ZR
09-19-2015, 04:12 PM
Contact Mr Amsoil, he can get that stuff.

hsousa88
09-19-2015, 04:54 PM
Contact Mr Amsoil, he can get that stuff.
Found the mudflaps in Brampton. Truck didn't get hit.

Today was a good day.

jibbijib
09-19-2015, 06:05 PM
Success^^^

03svt
09-19-2015, 10:41 PM
Found the mudflaps in Brampton. Truck didn't get hit.

Today was a good day.

Northern motorsports in Burlington should have everything you need

jibbijib
09-20-2015, 08:19 AM
Pickin up drag radials tonight. Gunna make more power tomorrow...

Shootin for 1700 hp now.

ZR
09-20-2015, 08:20 AM
Nice, what you figure it's gonna run?

jibbijib
09-20-2015, 08:21 AM
Probably deep into the 8's.

On a more serious note I'm thinkin I might be close to 13.6 with the tire and intake.

ZR
09-20-2015, 09:14 AM
KQQL, when you at the track with it?

Screw
09-20-2015, 09:43 AM
Great day to play hookey today , I thought was gonna be shit weather & I would just catch up on paperwork ...fk dat it's too nice out :)

jibbijib
09-20-2015, 10:17 AM
KQQL, when you at the track with it?

Saturday, grudge day. Gotta earn my keep

ZR
09-20-2015, 10:36 AM
Best of luck at the strip.

Ray721
09-20-2015, 07:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmQE4qdb9fg&feature=youtu.beThis made me lol. Watch till the end.

http://youtu.be/gmQE4qdb9fg

TurboFox
09-20-2015, 07:55 PM
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/markham-york-region/16-5x14-steel-8x6-5-rims-14-wide-rims-weld-14-wide-76-offset/1098342768

NickD
09-20-2015, 08:01 PM
Had an awesome day and great long cruise with the Mississauga mustang club up to Muskoka, very long day but happy I did that vs going to St Thomas, I got jibjib shakin in his boots too the point he's modding his car

BOOOSTD
09-21-2015, 06:17 PM
Looking forward to the Oct.2 track rental; it's been a really long time for me.

RedSN
09-23-2015, 01:37 PM
Martin Shkreli: biggest douchbag in the world? Quite possibly.

http://wpmedia.news.nationalpost.com/2015/09/screen_shot_2015-09-22_at_2-30-46_pm.jpg?w=620

start up new drug company
buy up patent of a 60 year old malaria drug
jack price 5000%
laugh all the way to the bank

TheMustangShow
09-23-2015, 02:35 PM

http://wpmedia.news.nationalpost.com/2015/09/screen_shot_2015-09-22_at_2-30-46_pm.jpg?w=620

jack price 5000%

This little kunt already reduced the price back to the previous amount.
Probably a publicity stunt, he seems to like it.

RedSN
09-23-2015, 02:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/kbEOvgS.jpg

tulowd
09-23-2015, 05:15 PM
-Don____________http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/image.php?u=139&type=sigpic&dateline=1406039840
"Optimism is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat and taking the tartar sauce with you!"

just saw this and had to lol

jibbijib
09-23-2015, 06:25 PM

jack price 5000%

If it wasn't for his previous bout with assholery, I would've leaned much more toward the idea that he's trying to raise awareness of how ludicrous the general pharmaceutical companies can get with their pricing, and get the government to finally step in and make it illegal to do such things. (Which it currently isn't illegal)

Buuuuutttt. Hes a tosser to the nth degree.

At least some light has been shed on the real issue.

90LXCoupe
09-23-2015, 07:54 PM
I'm pissed off. House was broken into today. Feeling violated. My master bedroom was the only place they went. Looks like a bomb went off. Only thing stolen was my wife's jewelry box. Door is destroyed. My Boston terrier was home and I'm glad he didnt get hurt. Any one use alarmforce?

ZR
09-23-2015, 08:00 PM
Brutal, sorry to hear.

03svt
09-23-2015, 08:19 PM
I'm pissed off. House was broken into today. Feeling violated. My master bedroom was the only place they went. Looks like a bomb went off. Only thing stolen was my wife's jewelry box. Door is destroyed. My Boston terrier was home and I'm glad he didnt get hurt. Any one use alarmforce?

Sorry to hear..can't imagine, I have a buddy that has alarmforce, seems happy with them, we use reliance protectron(which is now apart of ADT) great customer service, we are really happy with them.

90LXCoupe
09-23-2015, 08:36 PM
Sorry to hear..can't imagine, I have a buddy that has alarmforce, seems happy with them, we use reliance protectron(which is now apart of ADT) great customer service, we are really happy with them.
Can you tell me what your cost is? What kind of monitoring you have? Pm if you like. Im looking at all options. Thanks

03svt
09-23-2015, 08:45 PM
Can you tell me what your cost is? What kind of monitoring you have? Pm if you like. Im looking at all options. Thanks

PM incoming

BOOOSTD
09-23-2015, 08:53 PM
Sorry to hear that!

Not4you
09-23-2015, 09:03 PM
ADT here. was someone else when we had it installed but they have since merged with ADT. Sensors on all windows/doors, glass break sound sensors (will go off if you break a wine glass!!), fire, carbon monoxide, the works. Key code for us, can set up different ones for the nanny, my dad, contractors, etc. I think we're about $40 a month but I could be mistaken. Feel very save.

I cannot imagine what you are going through. Just terrible. Sorry to hear.

90LXCoupe
09-23-2015, 10:29 PM
Thanks Not4you. I will check them out tomorrow.

Zexhuffer
09-23-2015, 11:34 PM

What area you in and no one saw??

90LXCoupe
09-23-2015, 11:54 PM
What area you in and no one saw??

Hamilton south central mountain. Neighbours were at work. Cops got some promising prints though. Just left after checking out the scene.

CON VERT
09-24-2015, 05:48 AM
My neighbor across the street got hit, mid afternoon full frame metal door, they popped the door with a bar like it was toothpicks, same thing, went right for the master bedroom, ripped a safe out of the floor, (fire safe) grabbed the jewelry left thru the back glass sliding door, best part , I was home and didn't see a thing, my dog usually growls if she hears something, nothing, cops say it nearly impossible to catch them they are so fast ! ever alarms are seldom a deterrent, they know they have a 5 minute window or so and they are gone in 2-3 minutes !

Ray721
09-24-2015, 06:33 AM
Only deterrent to break ins is a big ass dog or two. That's straight from a cops mouth. They'll usually knock first or scout the house. See or hear big dogs and move on to the next one.

Armen
09-24-2015, 10:03 AM
Just like breaking into or stealing a car, people would prolly be shocked at how fast someone can get into your home, riffle thru stuff and be gone. And that's even with neighbours home.

Alarm Force or Rogers Home Security... Not a bad idea at all but what these systems really do is make YOU feel better. Sure, they may offer a little deterrent. But if someone wants to get in, they will.

For those really concerned, IMO the best thing is to try and cover all of your bases - 'multiple deterrents'. Good quality windows/doors, a decent security system, good lighting, good visibility in your front/back/side yards, secured gates, and prolly the most important, neighbour awareness. Talk to your neighbours. Get to know them and have a kind of neighbourhood watch going on.

RedSN
09-24-2015, 11:12 AM
Only deterrent to break ins is a big ass dog or two. That's straight from a cops mouth. They'll usually knock first or scout the house. See or hear big dogs and move on to the next one.
Hmmmm, so instead of a siren on the alarm system, perhaps barking dogs on a loud speaker would be better?

Ray721
09-24-2015, 12:05 PM
If it's real enough sounding yeah.

I know I wouldn't take a chance if there sounded like a 100lb rottie waiting to chew my ass lol

jibbijib
09-24-2015, 12:49 PM

Best deterrent : a foxbody. They'll take one look and say "Skip this place, he obviously has nothing of value left in his house."

MustangArmy
09-24-2015, 02:32 PM
Whats good interior cleaner with matt finish? and where to buy it? Non greasy stuff.. not the Armor All stuff

Stephen06GT
09-24-2015, 02:40 PM
Whats good interior cleaner with matt finish? and where to buy it? Non greasy stuff.. not the Armor All stuff

For an off the shelf product, Mother's VLR is pretty good.

Armen
09-24-2015, 06:01 PM
Installing vinyl decals is not for the faint of heart. Fk me. Oh well. It's only money, lol. Fk me x2.

ZR
09-24-2015, 09:10 PM
They most certainly are not.

03svt
09-24-2015, 09:45 PM
Got a 35k bike ride in tonight (not much for Gabe haha) but got home thought I'll jump in the pool one last time for the season, wife turned off the heater at some point and didn't tell me...wow what a shock! 77 degrees was a pretty big suprise..I kept it at 87-88 all season.

Truthfully it was kind of refreshing after the ride..

ZR
09-24-2015, 10:14 PM
Installing vinyl decals is not for the faint of heart. Fk me. Oh well. It's only money, lol. Fk me x2.

You should give Taillights a shout, right up his alley.

Darkhorse
09-24-2015, 10:57 PM

Saw a bit of that......

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh98/cunningham44ca/3a663a61-ee1e-41ab-a36d-862c0d9f6362_zpsz05ndr8a.jpg

Armen
09-24-2015, 11:09 PM
You should give Taillights a shout, right up his alley.

It's a bit of a learning curve this stuff. But I'll get the hang of it. I learned a lot doing this first one. You kinda have to let it put itself on and then work it with the smoothing tool. The first half I basically just tried too hard and screwed it up. Chopped the decal in half and then after a couple more screw ups, I realized I was fkn around with it too much still. So I just let kinda drop on and then smoothed it out.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff276/armenk2000/My%20cars/cid__4473C285D71CD3468870C6B775C10211sct-15-1-280-12-msonline-outlook-6a2cc_zpscbyst33l.jpg

This decal is supposed to actually come down the almost the hood edge, but as I said, I ended up chopping it in half. It'll come off at some point but at least it gives me an idea of the look I was going for.

NickD
09-24-2015, 11:28 PM
It's a bit of a learning curve this stuff. But I'll get the hang of it. I learned a lot doing this first one. You kinda have to let it put itself on and then work it with the smoothing tool. The first half I basically just tried too hard and screwed it up. Chopped the decal in half and then after a couple more screw ups, I realized I was fkn around with it too much still. So I just let kinda drop on and then smoothed it out.

This decal is supposed to actually come down the almost the hood edge, but as I said, I ended up chopping it in half. It'll come off at some point but at least it gives me an idea of the look I was going for.

I tried doing the stripes on my spoiler, gave up, Ive worked with vinyl before but the type and area being wrapped plays into it a lot, 3m's 1080 has the air release channels under it and is way easier to work with then the stuff thats smooth
If you decide to attempt it gain you can use a soapy water mixture and it makes it easier

NickD
09-24-2015, 11:28 PM
So Im quite pissed off and want others opinion.
I am doing some data logging with my tuner and after driving needed about 5min of idle. So I left it in the driveway running and went in to get a drink, just as I go to go turn it off I hear the cars off. Neighbour across the street was leaving my driveway and had turned the car off. Said his daughter was going to bed and could hear it. I apologised but said in the future please approach me or knock on the door vs turning the car off. (AKA dont touch my shit) he went on to say that he heard it earlier when I was warming up in the garage before heading out, and I said again why didnt you say anything I was outside... He thinks he did nothing wrong, I admit I am in the wrong if the noise was bothering him (have never heard issue from any other neighbours or my family)
-Important fact to add, I have Never Spoke to this guy before and I do not know anyone in his family
Should I be as pissed off as I am? I almost lost a 20 min datalog and what would you do if a stranger went and turned off your car?

Armen
09-24-2015, 11:34 PM
None of my neighbours wouldn't dare do that. They actually help me with my car whenever I need it. He should have talked to you, plain and simple. He was wrong in what he did and he's lucky you're a reasonable person.

92redragtop
09-25-2015, 12:58 AM
I am doing some data logging with my tuner and after driving needed about 5min of idle. So I left it in the driveway running and went in to get a drink, just as I go to go turn it off I hear the cars off. Neighbour across the street was leaving my driveway and had turned the car off. Said his daughter was going to bed and could hear it. I apologised but said in the future please approach me or knock on the door vs turning the car off. (AKA dont touch my shit) he went on to say that he heard it earlier when I was warming up in the garage before heading out, and I said again why didnt you say anything I was outside... He thinks he did nothing wrong, I admit I am in the wrong if the noise was bothering him (have never heard issue from any other neighbours or my family)
-Important fact to add, I have Never Spoke to this guy before and I do not know anyone in his family
Should I be as pissed off as I am? I almost lost a 20 min datalog and what would you do if a stranger went and turned off your car?

If you was in Texas you would have done shot him on your property.

ZR
09-25-2015, 07:49 AM

Dude was beyond over the line IMHO, should have come over to speak with you if it was such an issue. I do however agree, some cars with some exhausts are brutally loud at fire up but tame down considerably within the first few minutes of warm up, could see something like that irritating a neighbor but still not his or her call to reach into your car.

Intmdtr
09-25-2015, 07:58 AM

That would be borderline him getting his teeth knocked out if he touched my car. If your dog is barking do I have a right to go over and silence it?