PDA

View Full Version : Post whatever is on your mind!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96

WTF
09-16-2016, 08:55 AM
well....I was wondering when my street would hit the next threshold

the latest new build up for sale has an asking price of $2,988,000

Blackmare
09-16-2016, 09:13 AM
Insanity.
My Father in law lives in Forest Hill. Paid $75k for the house way back when. Worth north of 1.5 to 2 million and would be considered either a total gut job or tear down. Don't know how the next gen of home buyers are going to be able to afford housing in the GTA.

RedSN
09-16-2016, 09:27 AM
$2,988,000 isn't really a threshold .....although it's likely the actual sale price will break through the $3M threshold.

WTF
09-16-2016, 09:30 AM
Insanity.
My Father in law lives in Forest Hill. Paid $75k for the house way back when. Worth north of 1.5 to 2 million and would be considered either a total gut job or tear down. Don't know how the next gen of home buyers are going to be able to afford housing in the GTA.

Forest Hill will be 2+ million now for a tear down imo

Asking prices for teardowns on my street are now 1.3 million...for a 40' lot

only affordable option for the next gen in the GTA is a condo unfortunately....where $350,000 gets you a 600 sq ft box near a subway line.....wanna a parking spot...that'll be another $50-$70k

TheMustangShow
09-16-2016, 09:50 AM
Forest Hill will be 2+ million now for a tear down imo

Asking prices for teardowns on my street are now 1.3 million...for a 40' lot

only affordable option for the next gen in the GTA is a condo unfortunately....where $350,000 gets you a 600 sq ft box near a subway line.....wanna a parking spot...that'll be another $50-$70k

There's many Nex Gen GTA dwellers, that have never moved out, they're are late 20s/early 30s and still living with parents, many of them will inherit the property, so some homes will traverse to the next gen when the parents kick the bucket.

There's one of these on my street, dude is late 20's, Mom and Dad worked their AZZ off, now both retired and their Hobbit kid lives in the basement and drives a Tuned M3, he doesn't even cut the fuckin' grass, the ol' Man does.

WTF
09-16-2016, 10:28 AM
There's many Nex Gen GTA dwellers, that have never moved out, they're are late 20s/early 30s and still living with parents, many of them will inherit the property, so some homes will traverse to the next gen when the parents kick the bucket.

There's one of these on my street, dude is late 20's, Mom and Dad worked their AZZ off, now both retired and their Hobbit kid lives in the basement and drives a Tuned M3, he doesn't even cut the fuckin' grass, the ol' Man does.

worse than the next-gen hobbit.....is the 50-something blood-sucker that moves back in with their tail between their legs

they cut the grass with dollar signs in their eyes

92redragtop
09-16-2016, 11:06 AM

They will have to pay the cap gains on the property when it transfers in the estate. They may be ok depending on how much liquidity mom and dad had versus tied up in principal residence.

TheMustangShow
09-16-2016, 11:11 AM
worse than the next-gen hobbit.....is the 50-something blood-sucker that moves back in with their tail between their legs

they cut the grass with dollar signs in their eyes

Agreed, that's even more appalling.

WTF
09-16-2016, 11:50 AM
They will have to pay the cap gains on the property when it transfers in the estate. They may be ok depending on how much liquidity mom and dad had versus tied up in principal residence.

pretty sure inheriting the principal residence involves only a 1% probate tax on the value of the property.....no cap gains unless it's an additional property like a cottage?

5.4MarkVIII
09-16-2016, 05:23 PM
pretty sure inheriting the principal residence involves only a 1% probate tax on the value of the property.....no cap gains unless it's an additional property like a cottage?

Didn't the governemnt just slap a new tax on all assets at a time of death? Don't think it was capital gains but just on total value of assets.

92redragtop
09-16-2016, 09:09 PM

I was under the impression that the exemption only applies to a spouse but when it passes to children they have to declare the value as income which is taxed at marginal tax rate (assuming they have a principal residence elsewhere). If they don't they can find a way to get their name on the deed (will have to pay on the share not owned at time of death). I have to check but even parents RRSP, etc doesn't pass tax free to kids - only to spouse.

WTF
09-17-2016, 08:04 AM
I was under the impression that the exemption only applies to a spouse but when it passes to children they have to declare the value as income which is taxed at marginal tax rate (assuming they have a principal residence elsewhere). If they don't they can find a way to get their name on the deed (will have to pay on the share not owned at time of death). I have to check but even parents RRSP, etc doesn't pass tax free to kids - only to spouse.

my understanding is that the principal residence is the exception to getting boned by tax....been a while since I sat in the lawyer's office for my mother's estate...but it was clearly stated

there are two ways to pass the principal residence to your kid

1) hand in over while you're alive and it's free and clear from tax or probate....problem with that is if your kid's marriage goes down the shitter then the ex can go after that asset while you're still living in it....so not recommended....and yes, if it's not the kid's principal residence then they will have to pay cap gains on any increase in value from the time it's handed over until the sale

2) it's handed over through inheritance upon death....and a 1% probate tax is paid to the gov't based on the assessed value at the time....and yes, if it's not the kid's principal residence then they will have to pay cap gains on any increase in value from the time it's handed over until the sale

with regard to declaring the money from any inheritance as income to be taxed...I've never heard that before......the gov't vultures take their massive chunk upon transfer from any stock portfolios, rrsps, secondary residences etc....and then take their annual haul outta your pocket from profits earned from that point forward

but the principal res is the exception....that's why investors tell folks raking in large to buy the biggest most expensive house they can afford....it's the one single asset that the vultures can barely touch

WTF
09-17-2016, 08:11 AM
Didn't the governemnt just slap a new tax on all assets at a time of death? Don't think it was capital gains but just on total value of assets.

that was "contents"

that's how slimy the Ont Liberals are.....they want a fucking list of contents (furniture, art etc) and a value put on those contents and then a tax paid on the value of those contents.....and I think they demand that it's done within 30 days of the death

got that?.....stop mourning and get your fucking note pad out

I'll be tempted to load up a uhaul and dump all the contents on the lawn at Queen's Park.....if they want the fucking pocket change I'd rather just dump all the shit on their doorstep and they can fucking have the lot of it

newbiestangowner
09-18-2016, 05:03 PM
I think my battery decided to go into sh##er! - turned to start -nothing- thought I had left something on- boosted it and went on my way. after getting to destination shut her down. went to start her up and nothing. I really like to thank an elderly gentleman (70's) who strolled by to look at the car and chat about the one he had back in the 60's- after awhile he asked was I waiting for anyone - I told him I was stranded there- he pulled his car up- thank god I tossed the cables in the trunk earlier.
not sure but I think I have some warranty left on a 14'

TheMustangShow
09-18-2016, 05:24 PM
I think my battery decided to go into sh##er! - turned to start -nothing- thought I had left something on- boosted it and went on my way. after getting to destination shut her down. went to start her up and nothing. I really like to thank an elderly gentleman (70's) who strolled by to look at the car and chat about the one he had back in the 60's- after awhile he asked was I waiting for anyone - I told him I was stranded there- he pulled his car up- thank god I tossed the cables in the trunk earlier.
not sure but I think I have some warranty left on a 14'

If the STANG is under 60000km, you have Warranty on the BATT.

newbiestangowner
09-18-2016, 05:39 PM
If the STANG is under 60000km, you have Warranty on the BATT.
Thanks a lot JT!

ZR
09-18-2016, 11:33 PM
Most likely pro rated replacement cost. Many times this equates to cheaper to buy elsewhere but certainly worth the call to check.

ZR
09-18-2016, 11:35 PM
Huge shout out to John, his helper and Big Bird for all their efforts installing the furnace, AC and water heater at my place the last couple of days. Load off my mind it'll be smooth sailing with ins co switch over early next month.

Ray721
09-19-2016, 01:42 PM
that was "contents"

that's how slimy the Ont Liberals are.....they want a fucking list of contents (furniture, art etc) and a value put on those contents and then a tax paid on the value of those contents.....and I think they demand that it's done within 30 days of the death

got that?.....stop mourning and get your fucking note pad out

I'll be tempted to load up a uhaul and dump all the contents on the lawn at Queen's Park.....if they want the fucking pocket change I'd rather just dump all the shit on their doorstep and they can fucking have the lot of it

That's fucking sickening.

RedSN
09-19-2016, 02:58 PM
Durham/Pickering peeps: what is this?
https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.8610217,-79.1725238,3a,60y,189.16h,89.99t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sjCN8nKTXE1etwI2E7UlWLQ!2e0!7i1 3312!8i6656?hl=en

My wife and I often go to Lonestar's in Pickering for fajitas and pass by this construction site. I've been curious to know what it is? The building is long and curvy and featureless from the road. It has a green roof. We thought once it was done there would be some signage describing what it is. We thought maybe there was an elaborate entrance or something on the other side. So I google earthed it only to find the other side of the building as blank as the east side. That's when I noticed the construction site on the other side of the road and what I can only assume is a missile silo! WTF is that?

https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.8603525,-79.1747195,214a,20y,90h,41.66t/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

Ziggyzag420
09-19-2016, 06:59 PM
Durham/Pickering peeps: what is this?
https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.8610217,-79.1725238,3a,60y,189.16h,89.99t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sjCN8nKTXE1etwI2E7UlWLQ!2e0!7i1 3312!8i6656?hl=en

My wife and I often go to Lonestar's in Pickering for fajitas and pass by this construction site. I've been curious to know what it is? The building is long and curvy and featureless from the road. It has a green roof. We thought once it was done there would be some signage describing what it is. We thought maybe there was an elaborate entrance or something on the other side. So I google earthed it only to find the other side of the building as blank as the east side. That's when I noticed the construction site on the other side of the road and what I can only assume is a missile silo! WTF is that?

https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.8603525,-79.1747195,214a,20y,90h,41.66t/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

Facilities for the odour control of sewage

http://sectrunksewer.ca/index_new.php/News/news_updates/

RedSN
09-19-2016, 07:18 PM
Huh.
Never would have guessed that.

Thanks for the link. That TBM is one cool machine!

jibbijib
09-19-2016, 08:42 PM
I'm tempted to quit.

No support, no one comes out to anything anymore, everyone bitches and whines about eachother's clubs.

Yeah, getting tired of it.

hsousa88
09-19-2016, 09:30 PM
I'm tempted to quit.

No support, no one comes out to anything anymore, everyone bitches and whines about eachother's clubs.

Yeah, getting tired of it.

Can't we all just get along?

RedSN
09-20-2016, 04:39 PM
The 28-year-old (Ahmad Khan Rahami) has been charged with five counts of attempted murder of a law enforcement officer and two gun charges after he was captured in an FBI shootout following the terror attacks in New York and New Jersey over the weekend. Bail has been set at $5.2 million and he remains in hospital after being shot while being taken into custody.

five counts of attempted murder and two gun charges related to police shoot-out
Pressure cooker bomb was set off Saturday in New York City's Chelsea neighborhood
Surveillance footage shows Rahami walking down 23rd Street dragging the bomb in a bag
Fingerprints on a second unexploded bomb detonated at a military charity run in Seaside Park
five more pipe bombs were found at the Elizabeth train station

Bail? Really?

92redragtop
09-20-2016, 06:50 PM
five counts of attempted murder and two gun charges related to police shoot-out
Pressure cooker bomb was set off Saturday in New York City's Chelsea neighborhood
Surveillance footage shows Rahami walking down 23rd Street dragging the bomb in a bag
Fingerprints on a second unexploded bomb detonated at a military charity run in Seaside Park
five more pipe bombs were found at the Elizabeth train station

Bail? Really?

That's what I was thinking. What is some rich Saudi, Afghan warlord, etc puts up the money? It's not a lot of money.

ZR
09-20-2016, 07:22 PM
^ Exactly that, makes no sense bail is even being considered.

5.4MarkVIII
09-20-2016, 09:00 PM
They have to offer bail or people will be screaming that it's racist or not fair and then we will have terrorist lives matter groups running around telling us how bad we are for not giving equal rights to them.

RedSN
09-20-2016, 09:30 PM
^^^i know you are being facetious, but I'm sure this guy is now number one on the terror watch list. How does a judge grant bail? Is it a trick? Are they hoping he makes a run for it so they can shoot him? Go ahead, make my my day...

I usually give people the benefit of a doubt, or often enjoy playing devils advocate, but this guy is a clear cut case.

92redragtop
09-20-2016, 09:48 PM
Can't they invoke Patriot Act or something else under Homeland Security Act that would exempt him from regular court proceedings? Cuba?

5.4MarkVIII
09-21-2016, 07:34 AM
I was Being a bit of a dink. Sorry. But I do believe I'm at least partly right. There are those that would complain if he was locked up and the key thrown away without the same "rights" given to other people.

RedSN
09-21-2016, 12:35 PM
Halton undercover Police Officers take down gunman who shot defense lawyer :clap2:

The alleged shooter, 51, remained in serious condition
http://www.metronews.ca/news/toronto/2016/09/20/two-men-shot-in-the-annex-siu-investigating.html

should have used more bullets.

Old Fart
09-21-2016, 12:56 PM
Just won a pizza supper!!

Blackmare
09-21-2016, 12:58 PM
Nice!

ZR
09-21-2016, 08:55 PM
Dudes a real gem.

NEW YORK -- He bought bomb ingredients on eBay and recorded a mirthful video of himself igniting a blast in a backyard. In a handwritten journal, he warned that bombs would resound in the streets and prayed he'd be martyred rather than caught, authorities say.
Ahmad Khan Rahami's jihad journal ended with a stark message, according to court papers:
"Death to your oppression."
Federal court complaints filed Tuesday gave a chilling glimpse into what authorities say motivated the Afghan-born U.S. citizen to set off explosives last weekend in New York City and New Jersey, including a bomb that injured 31 people in Manhattan. The blasts came two years after the FBI looked into him but came up with nothing tying him to terrorism.
Rahami remains hospitalized with gunshot wounds from a shootout with police that led to his capture Monday outside a bar in Linden, New Jersey. It wasn't immediately clear whether he had a lawyer who could comment on the charges against him, but a federal public defender told a judge Tuesday night that Rahami has not had access to a lawyer since his arrest.
The charges against him include federal terror crimes and state charges of attempting to murder police officers.
Rahami ordered citric acid, ball bearings and electronic igniters on eBay and had them delivered to a Perth Amboy, New Jersey, business where he worked until Sept. 12, the court complaints said. San Jose, California-based eBay Inc. noted that the products are legal and widely available and said the company had worked with law enforcement on the investigation.
Just two days before Saturday's bombings, a relative's cellphone recorded Rahami igniting incendiary material in a cylinder buried in a backyard, the fuse being lighted, a loud noise and flames, "followed by billowing smoke and laughter," the complaints said.

True Blue
09-22-2016, 09:11 AM
How comforting... This happened a few blocks from my house last night.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2956129/one-dead-after-shooting-in-woodbridge-ont/

baddbullitt
09-22-2016, 09:19 AM
Guess some want us to be just as good as the folks south of us! Glad you and your family are alright Tony!!

ZR
09-22-2016, 09:21 AM
OMG, way too close.

RedSN
09-22-2016, 12:27 PM
China’s Tiangong-1 space station to crash to Earth in 2017
huh. Didn't even know China had a space station :shrug:

92redragtop
09-22-2016, 02:17 PM
huh. Didn't even know China had a space station :shrug:

Probably a knock-off of the ISS. I wonder if they used lead paint?

RedSN
09-22-2016, 02:42 PM
Probably a knock-off of the ISS. I wonder if they used lead paint?
Skylab knock-off more like it.

http://spaceflight101.com/tiangong-2/wp-content/uploads/sites/106/2016/09/TG2-Laboratory.jpg
Tiangong-1, 2011-2017 (six years)

http://starchild.gsfc.nasa.gov/Images/StarChild/space_level2/skylab4_big.gif
Skylab, 1973-1979 (six years)

Armen
09-22-2016, 09:22 PM
My thoughts are with Kevin W (Arboc) during this difficult time.

Stephen06GT
09-22-2016, 10:02 PM
My thoughts are with Kevin W (Arboc) during this difficult time.

I'm stunned. I have no words.

po10wife
09-22-2016, 10:07 PM
My heart is heavy...thoughts are with Kevin and his girls.

baddbullitt
09-23-2016, 08:47 AM
My most sincere and deepest condolences to Kevin and his family on their loss. RIP Shannon

03svt
09-23-2016, 08:48 AM
Terrible, just terrible. Thoughts are with your family Arboc..

Old Fart
09-23-2016, 09:00 AM
Thoughts and prayers...

billcaitken
09-23-2016, 09:22 AM
So sorry for your loss Kevin

ZR
09-23-2016, 09:23 AM
My deepest condolences Kevin.

Scrape
09-23-2016, 12:24 PM
Sorry for your loss Kevin

WTF
09-23-2016, 12:42 PM
condolences to you and your family Kevin

that's just tragic

hsousa88
09-27-2016, 08:03 PM
So a condo goes up in Mississauga.... With no washrooms? Hahaha wtf? How do the plumbers not realize this? How does the site super not do anything about this? How the fuck is the architect employed?

Word on the street is they're thinking about demolishing it and starting over. Apparently it's cheaper than adding washrooms? I don't see how... But wtf do I know I'm just a dumbazz form worker. I actually feel bad for the people that paid for one of these shoeboxes... Can only imagine the headache.

Screw
09-27-2016, 08:27 PM
^^ cmon ....

Ray721
09-28-2016, 06:35 AM
I'm not even remotely surprised. The last few years I've been on condo jobs and I'm appalled at the lack of organization and skills involved with the construction of those things. They are bid out to the absolute rock bottom bidder and they usually can't organize a fucking lemonade stand yet alone tower construction. You get what you pay for.

ZR
09-28-2016, 08:23 AM
Darn back went out this am. :(

Blackmare
09-28-2016, 08:24 AM
Sorry to hear Rick. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Screw
09-28-2016, 08:38 AM

Guese not a good day to bring the car by , lots of good parlours just north of you lol

RedSN
09-28-2016, 08:39 AM
So a condo goes up in Mississauga.... With no washrooms? Hahaha wtf? How do the plumbers not realize this? How does the site super not do anything about this? How the fuck is the architect employed?

Word on the street is they're thinking about demolishing it and starting over. Apparently it's cheaper than adding washrooms? I don't see how... But wtf do I know I'm just a dumbazz form worker. I actually feel bad for the people that paid for one of these shoeboxes... Can only imagine the headache.
You do realize that's a joke, right?

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thisisthat/toronto-black-bears-self-taught-doctor-bathroomless-condo-canadian-invasion-1.3772835/mississauga-condo-developer-forgets-to-put-120-bathrooms-in-brand-new-building-satire-1.3773054

You would not be able to get a building permit for such a building.

baddbullitt
09-28-2016, 09:53 AM

Oh that's not good at all.. Hope you can rest it up some and it gets better for ya buddy!!! No more dead lifts for you!!! lol

hsousa88
09-28-2016, 03:52 PM
You do realize that's a joke, right?

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thisisthat/toronto-black-bears-self-taught-doctor-bathroomless-condo-canadian-invasion-1.3772835/mississauga-condo-developer-forgets-to-put-120-bathrooms-in-brand-new-building-satire-1.3773054

You would not be able to get a building permit for such a building.

Lol I had no idea... Just heard about it on the job site.

WTF
09-29-2016, 10:06 AM
had my first colonoscopy yesterday....ooohhh the joys of getting older

for those of you awaiting this camera crew adventure.....when folks say the procedure is a breeze but the prep is a bitch....they are 1000% correct

they knock you out for the procedure....so you feel nothing, know nothing, say nothing....and basically have the best 1hr nap you've ever had

the prep though.....it's drinking 4 litres of the most hideous-tasting drain cleaner ever.... and having your body react like someone put a garden hose with a power nozzle down your throat and blasting water straight out your ass for 3 hours

here's my tip....they say the drain cleaner "tastes better" when chilled. don't fucking bother....the stuff tastes like complete shit.....and after drinking 3 litres of it ice-cold in about an hour you're now shivering your ass off while preparing to blast off

save yourself some level of grief by drinking the shit room temperature and you won't be shaking like a leaf while shitting like a projectile

so....after basically not eating for like 30-odd hours and turning myself into a water-rocket the upside is:

no cancer
no crohn's
no colitis
no diverticulosis
no diverticulitis

so....I guess it was a pretty good day

ZR
09-29-2016, 10:09 AM
Before someone gets hurt or killed, will those not in the know please leave their brakes to someone that is qualified to work on them. The number we are getting in where a catastrophic failure was right around the next corner continues to grow. Hey what could go wrong, it's only brake pads.
Same goes for suspension parts, control arms untorqued or held in place with low / zero grade bolts because "the Ford ones are too expensive" or just as bad, by undersized fasteners (7/16 bolt in a 1/2" hole or similar).

TheMustangShow
09-29-2016, 11:34 AM

for those of you awaiting this camera crew adventure.....when folks say the procedure is a breeze but the prep is a bitch....they are 1000% correct

they knock you out for the procedure....so you feel nothing, know nothing, say nothing....and basically have the best 1hr nap you've ever had

the prep though.....it's drinking 4 litres of the most hideous-tasting drain cleaner ever.... and having your body react like someone put a garden hose with a power nozzle down your throat and blasting water straight out your ass for 3 hours

here's my tip....they say the drain cleaner "tastes better" when chilled. don't fucking bother....the stuff tastes like complete shit.....and after drinking 3 litres of it ice-cold in about an hour you're now shivering your ass off while preparing to blast off

save yourself some level of grief by drinking the shit room temperature and you won't be shaking like a leaf while shitting like a projectile

so....after basically not eating for like 30-odd hours and turning myself into a water-rocket the upside is:

no cancer
no crohn's
no colitis
no diverticulosis
no diverticulitis

LOL and congrats on the clean bill.

My Doc told me I don't have to get one until 50 yrs old, due to no family history.
That said, 50 is coming up for me and really not looking forward to the Butt Fountain.

Old Fart
09-29-2016, 12:07 PM
^^^I've had a few. First one I did with no "knock out" meds...second one I asked for the meds, LOL!!!

WTF
09-29-2016, 12:09 PM
LOL and congrats on the clean bill.

My Doc told me I don't have to get one until 50 yrs old, due to no family history.
That said, 50 is coming up for me and really not looking forward to the Butt Fountain.

I'm 49 with no family history

don't chill the drain cleaner...you'll thank me later

ZR
09-29-2016, 12:18 PM
Best news in the world Tim.

CDNfyrfytr
09-29-2016, 12:57 PM

no cancer
no crohn's
no colitis
no diverticulosis
no diverticulitis

Couldn't have said it better myself! Great news that you had no signs! I had mine at 40 and now every five years going forward unless I have symptoms. Family history and my job has an extremely high incidence of colorectal cancer.

I think the best part was being told I have to fart in public! I think the entire floor heard me[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTF
09-30-2016, 02:18 PM
so....my partner in crime here at the office is arguably the luckiest guy around

he's a big bicycle rider.....used to compete against Armstrong as a teenager to give you an idea of his skill and determination level

anyhoo...at 46 he's more or less a hobbyist but likes to do the odd contest

in June he bailed off his mountain bike in a comp at Lake Placid and broke his clavicle to the tune of a metal bar with 8 screws....the purpose of the Lake Placid race was to qualify for the mountain bike comp in August in Leadville Colorado

surgeon says stay off the bike for a couple of months

and he's back on his road-bike within weeks

so he sets up this bucket-list road-bike trip for September which is a 10-day trek through the Pyrenees in the south of France near the Spanish border....these crazy muthers ride 200kms per day through insane inclines/declines

day 7 he goes down....misjudged the crazy slow speed of another rider on a down slope and went off the road

and....broke his neck

C5, C6, and C7 broken....and the C5 disc was pushed out of the spinal column

and he walked away

had surgery in Pau....so he's got even more metal in his body now.....but he's got full use of all limbs

he just got back yesterday....won't be back in the office full time for a bit....but he broke his damn neck and walked away

he mush be the luckiest guy I know

and he plans to go back and finish the ride next year.....it's in his DNA and I can appreciate that

RedSN
09-30-2016, 02:26 PM
Sounds like it's also in his DNA that he can't dial it back a few notches.
Good friend of mine had a bad cycling accident and busted up his legs. He is now not permitted to ride. He recovered completely, but if he gets on a bike again he will do the same thing.

WTF
09-30-2016, 04:47 PM
Sounds like it's also in his DNA that he can't dial it back a few notches.

it's probably why him and I get along so well...I think he's a mental case with the riding....but he thinks I'm a mental case with the weight lifting

as much as I'll likely be insinuating that he should stay the fuck off the damn bike for a while...I know I'd probably be doing the same if riding was my thing

you can't ride 200kms per day through the Pyranees without dialing it up a few notches....especially at 46 years old

trust me when I tell ya I won't be encouraging him to go full retard...walking away from a broken neck is like winning a freakin lottery and he had me shitting a brick for a bit.....but I get the insanity to keep pushing

92redragtop
10-02-2016, 02:22 AM
Props to Northtown Animal Hospital in Brampton - found an injured rabbit while walking the dog around midnight, first Vet Emerg I called said they don't do wildlife (did not offer any suggestions), second one (Northtown) said if I could get the animal to them they would look after it.

Screw
10-02-2016, 06:37 AM
Very kind ^^ how did your dog react to cotton-tail ?

92redragtop
10-02-2016, 04:48 PM
Very kind ^^ how did your dog react to cotton-tail ?

He first noticed it crawling in the dark before I noticed it (I heard rustling and thought it was a frog or something) and went over to see what it was - he didn't try to go after it, probably because he knew it was injured (and there was some bloodspotting on the sidewalk/driveway which he would have smelled). I took him home then went back with some gloves and a box to transport it.

Screw
10-02-2016, 05:10 PM
^^ what a guy :angel:

ZR
10-02-2016, 10:25 PM
Richard, you rock!!!

RedSN
10-05-2016, 09:13 AM
Anybody else notice John Tory has become Leslie Knope?

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt137/LX-Markham/TMC/John%20Tory%20Parks%20and%20Rec_zps3xjhxmnr.jpg

He is bound and determined to build the park.

Apparently, the Craft Development Corporation has already acquired the air rights above the Toronto Terminals Railway to build condos where Tory want to build the park. On the radio this morning Tory essentially said that they would have to go through him (City Hall) to get a building permit, so....

http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Happy-Gilmore-Thumbs-Down.gif

TheMustangShow
10-05-2016, 11:50 AM
John Tory, a life long Conservative, has become a left-wing, anti-car, tree huggin', BLM apologist and Trudeau nut taster, since becoming Mayor of TO.

Not sure how the fuck someone who was Bill Davis's assistant, can turn into Adam Vaughan?

WTF
10-05-2016, 12:19 PM
got the Morgan etested this morning since muther nature seems to keep pissing down on Saturdays...passed the idle test no problem

so both toys have the etests done now

almost storage time

Laffs
10-05-2016, 02:10 PM
If someone uses the phrase "that's not in my job description, that's in his" and points at you, you are allowed to beat them with a hard copy of your job description that no where mentions the task/duty in reference, correct?

Blackmare
10-05-2016, 02:40 PM
If someone uses the phrase "that's not in my job description, that's in his" and points at you, you are allowed to beat them with a hard copy of your job description that no where mentions the task/duty in reference, correct?
Yep, that's perfectly acceptable in my books.

Laffs
10-05-2016, 02:55 PM
Yep, that's perfectly acceptable in my books.

Excellent, once my job description is back from being etched in to solid granite I'll follow up.

Also while I'm making awful life choices http://www.autotrader.com/car-news/these-are-the-cheapest-exotic-cars-on-autotrader-257703

92redragtop
10-05-2016, 06:44 PM

People actually follow their job description still? I thought you just jumped in where ever you were needed (including getting your stuff done).

RedSN
10-05-2016, 07:18 PM
^^^you're obviously not in a union

92redragtop
10-05-2016, 07:43 PM
^^^you're obviously not in a union

LOL....no

92redragtop
10-05-2016, 08:04 PM
Well this idiot is screwed (Blue Jays beer can incident)

http://www.iheartradio.ca/newstalk-1010/news/wanted-this-guy-1.1996565

Laffs
10-05-2016, 09:06 PM
People actually follow their job description still? I thought you just jumped in where ever you were needed (including getting your stuff done).

Generally but I always felt there was a distinct difference between Accounting and IT.

Ponyryd
10-05-2016, 10:08 PM

Sounds about right at my job.....except that designation only applies to me and a few others, everyone else just claims the latter

92redragtop
10-05-2016, 11:31 PM
Did not know Sum 41 was still around - they played on The Tonight Show this week.

Harbinger
10-06-2016, 12:14 AM

If its actually him bye bye career lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

92redragtop
10-06-2016, 12:33 AM
If its actually him bye bye career lol

He's claiming it wasn't so they'll have to go back to the tape but I'm sure they have no problem getting people around the perpetrator that night to speak up.

baddbullitt
10-06-2016, 07:19 AM
So..... After much discussion with the good woman last night.. I've decided to park the Audi for a while and buy the cheapest car I can get off the lot.. So, looks like I'll be going for either a Micra or a Spark.. (I know right) lol
But after rolling 105000km on the S4 I don't want to keep pounding it and pound the piss out of a POS 4 banger that's cheap as hell on fuel and insurance and payments. I can get a Micra for under 200 bucks a month so it's not bad. And I'll be able to put the Audi away and only use it when I want to. I thought about letting it go but I'd take a huge swim of debt if I let it go.. Or, I can just win the damn lottery and never have a car worry again..lol.. Other than "Do I take the Aston or the Porsche today?" lol

ZR
10-06-2016, 07:35 AM

Dudes an idiot.

ZR
10-06-2016, 07:35 AM
So..... After much discussion with the good woman last night.. I've decided to park the Audi for a while and buy the cheapest car I can get off the lot.. So, looks like I'll be going for either a Micra or a Spark.. (I know right) lol
But after rolling 105000km on the S4 I don't want to keep pounding it and pound the piss out of a POS 4 banger that's cheap as hell on fuel and insurance and payments. I can get a Micra for under 200 bucks a month so it's not bad. And I'll be able to put the Audi away and only use it when I want to. I thought about letting it go but I'd take a huge swim of debt if I let it go.. Or, I can just win the damn lottery and never have a car worry again..lol.. Other than "Do I take the Aston or the Porsche today?" lol

The km's sure do rack up fast.

baddbullitt
10-06-2016, 07:39 AM
The km's sure do rack up fast.

Omg and the poor front end looks like it's been hit by a few thousand pins from all the road rash!!! Poor Helga :(

ZR
10-06-2016, 07:46 AM
Shitty part, cars so cool you wanna drive it everywhere.

baddbullitt
10-06-2016, 08:29 AM
Shitty part, cars so cool you wanna drive it everywhere.

Couldn't agree more on that. I'm gonna miss driving it. But I have a feeling this Micra will be a hoot to bomb around in!! LOL I'm gonna put stickers on it and a big Campbell's soup can exhaust on it.. lmao.. I'll gut the garage and fit the Audi in it (I hope) lol

ZR
10-06-2016, 08:30 AM
Micra with a fart can, say it aint' so.

ZR
10-06-2016, 08:30 AM
http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/201007/should-you-buy-an-af-4_600x0w.jpg

baddbullitt
10-06-2016, 08:31 AM
No I wouldn't do that actually..lol But the car just screams douching up..lol.. But I'm just gonna drive it like I stole it untill it doesn't go no more!! AND I'll have Helga waiting for me in the garage when I get home and save a shit ton of km's in the process!! :)

ZR
10-06-2016, 08:32 AM
Yes sir.

baddbullitt
10-06-2016, 08:32 AM

Look at this beauty!!! :) lol

ZR
10-06-2016, 08:51 AM
If it's all the same.................rather not.

LOL
:)

ZR
10-06-2016, 08:52 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ee/22/78/ee2278ddf21b3d6f728a9c6dfbf96da8.jpg

ZR
10-06-2016, 08:53 AM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8342/8223834824_225b963e8c_c.jpg

baddbullitt
10-06-2016, 10:35 AM
Yeah no...lol..
Out of curiosity I checked with Shane to see what the trade-in is for the S4. Totally not worth it. What ya get to what ya owe doesn't even come close! I know I'd never break even on it but I don't want to drown completely.. Oh well... So I park it and use it here and there and drive the lil one to and fro till I decide Helga's fate!!!
Then Joanna just informed me "Hold off on the car till I get the 407 paid up" She has lovingly racked up a $2000.00 bill on the bloody thing!!! Oh my head!!! As long as I get the POS before the snow flies it should be good.
Tune in next week..lol

Armen
10-06-2016, 12:01 PM
You're parking the Audi because of wear and tear or cost of running it?

baddbullitt
10-06-2016, 12:05 PM
Wear and tear only.

Not4you
10-06-2016, 01:20 PM
So we have an early appointment with my son's allergist this morning. We show up on time then wait. 25 minutes in the waiting room than an additional 15 minutes in the little room they took us too. She finally comes in and without saying something like "sorry about the wait" she just says "yup, new tests still show that he has allergies" and she leaves. This appointment was to get the results of blood tests that were done in July - that cost us $210 at the time. Seriously, she couldn't have just told us over the phone 2 months ago what the results were? Instead we need to take him out of school, take time off work, show up in person and wait 40 minutes?

/rant

RedSN
10-06-2016, 02:43 PM
^^^I can understand your frustration. I had my yearly physical earlier this week, 9:00 am appointment. Same thing, I get there on time, then wait 1/2 hr for the doctor. Par for the course I figure, right? They are rarely on schedule. I can understand how patients go over time and schedules get pushed back, I get it.

So I'm sitting there waiting, waiting, then he walks in the front door. WTF? This isn't a schedule thing, he's just fucking late for work! And it's not traffic related, I know because he lives 5 minutes away.

Not4you
10-06-2016, 03:40 PM
I was wondering the same thing since we were an early appointment and there really wasnt anyone ahead of us to back up the schedule. My wife was like "well maybe there was an emergency or something". Really? I don't hear any screaming so I doubt it. It drives me nuts. It got so bad at my old GP Doctor that when I was with the kids I would ask that they only take us back to the little room when the Dr was ready. When they asked why I just told them that it was better that the kids keep playing with the toys and books in the waiting room rather than breaking all their fancy medical shit in the back.

RedSN
10-07-2016, 09:02 AM
http://duaj5928mzrrb.cloudfront.net/en-CA/nissan/canada/photos/410d/e707/410de707-7e55-41b6-a5e1-51d86a84679e-768x432.jpg

Nissan announces its most daring motorsport competition yet - the Nissan Micra Warrior Trophy
MISSISSAUGA, ONT. – Nissan today announced details pertaining to a new Canadian motorsport event set to launch in December 2016, the Nissan Micra Warrior Trophy. After a successful inaugural year for the Canadian Nissan Micra Cup, and the positive reaction worldwide to the Rogue Warrior extreme prototype vehicle, Nissan will fuse together the trademark features of both initiatives – spec series racing, high-performance all-wheel drive track system and the Nissan Micra - for a winter motorsport competition unlike any other.

http://nissannews.com/en-CA/nissan/canada/releases/nissan-announces-its-most-daring-motorsport-competition-yet-the-nissan-micra-warrior-trophy

April 1, 2016

baddbullitt
10-07-2016, 09:43 AM
Ok that just looks cool...lol..

1BAD92LX
10-07-2016, 09:56 AM
So I'm sitting there waiting, waiting, then he walks in the front door. WTF? This isn't a schedule thing, he's just fucking late for work! And it's not traffic related, I know because he lives 5 minutes away.

Most docs see their own patients in hospital every morning.

Harbinger
10-07-2016, 10:25 AM
I'll be bussing it in the winter :( I don't want to ruin my mach 1. Such big plans for it next spring...

Also Ill be saving like 200 to 300 bucks per month taking the ttc like a peasant.

baddbullitt
10-07-2016, 10:31 AM
I'll be bussing it in the winter :( I don't want to ruin my mach 1. Such big plans for it next spring...

Also Ill be saving like 200 to 300 bucks per month taking the ttc like a peasant.

Buy a Micra!! :) lol

Harbinger
10-07-2016, 10:32 AM
Buy a Micra!! :) lol
Nah I was actually thinking of getting the toyota corrola iM aka the rebirthed matrix.

The Newmare
10-07-2016, 10:34 AM
TURKEY!!!!!!!!

baddbullitt
10-07-2016, 10:42 AM
Nah I was actually thinking of getting the toyota corrola iM aka the rebirthed matrix.

Cool ride right there!!! With your Corolla and my Micra, we can have a whole new division of the TMC..lol

baddbullitt
10-08-2016, 11:21 AM
Got the phone call this morning and was approved for the loan on the Micra!! :)
Im really excited!! [emoji3][emoji3]
Now if I can get the one I want all will be right with the world. (For me) lol

True Blue
10-08-2016, 11:31 AM

Ballin in a Micra! LoL... Congrats Mark

baddbullitt
10-08-2016, 12:12 PM
Thanks buddy!! Now to start looking at go fast parts!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Harbinger
10-08-2016, 12:20 PM
Thanks buddy!! Now to start looking at go fast parts!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Now you can drive bat shit crazy fast like 90 percent of micra owners do [emoji12]

ZR
10-08-2016, 01:22 PM

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice.

03svt
10-08-2016, 02:34 PM
Pool guys just left, pool is officially closed for winter. If that's not depressing enough, my in laws are on their way over for dinner, luckily I hit the brewery and filled a couple growlers haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on the new DD..

baddbullitt
10-08-2016, 03:17 PM
Thanks guys! Can't believe I'm excited about a Micra!! Lmao
But a few tasteful mods (if there is such a thing) I'll have the car looking sharp!! ;)
I'm looking forward to saving about 60 bucks a week on fuel!! :)

Armen
10-08-2016, 03:47 PM
Small cars are a lot of fun to zip around in. There's a saying... It's more fun to drive a slow car fast then a fast car slow.

CDNfyrfytr
10-08-2016, 04:16 PM
[QUOTE=03svt;170408]Pool guys just left, pool is officially closed for winter. If that's not depressing enough, my in laws are on their way over for dinner, luckily I hit the brewery and filled a couple growlers haha[\QUOTE]

I've got you beat. At the in laws 3.5 hours away in Bruce county. I did come prepared though.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161008/cbfdcbe52eac1f32eabdcd54a54f9f7a.jpg

Country Bumpkin Ale[emoji1303][emoji41]

CDNfyrfytr
10-09-2016, 04:03 PM
Still prepared[emoji482][emoji884]. Almost out though.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161009/b0921e5224750acf6d4809b4e9f1443c.jpg

RedSN
10-09-2016, 06:00 PM
Can't believe I'm excited about a Micra!! Lmao
I find it difficult to believe also!

NickD
10-09-2016, 07:35 PM
It's too damn cold here!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Drtoronto
10-10-2016, 12:50 AM
[QUOTE=03svt;170408]Pool guys just left, pool is officially closed for winter. If that's not depressing enough, my in laws are on their way over for dinner, luckily I hit the brewery and filled a couple growlers haha[\QUOTE]

I've got you beat. At the in laws 3.5 hours away in Bruce county. I did come prepared though.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161008/cbfdcbe52eac1f32eabdcd54a54f9f7a.jpg

Country Bumpkin Ale[emoji1303][emoji41]

I'll be moving to your hood in nov eh Wana try out that pub ;)

CDNfyrfytr
10-10-2016, 08:03 AM
I'll be moving to your hood in nov eh Wana try out that pub ;)

I'm always up for a beer tour[emoji1303]

Scrape
10-10-2016, 08:10 AM
Make that 3 of us lol. But all is good lol. Congratulations again on the new ride.
I find it difficult to believe also!

Spock
10-10-2016, 10:07 AM
For all the Pussy's out there

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=12&zenid=C4w6cG1lV2S8IpTWvJCcS0

IanGTCS
10-10-2016, 12:53 PM
Washed all three vehicles this morning. Nice to have some clean cars. Had good intentions to wax at least the mustang, but the lure of turkey sandwiches is far too great.

WTF
10-10-2016, 01:05 PM
the Stang is stored for the off season now

thank you Rick for changing the oil this morning...much appreciated

ran some Stabil through the system....topped up the tank...bumped tire pressures.....hit the garage with the shopvac....parked her....yanked the battery....nose-to-tail detail....and then covered her up

now I'll just forget it's there until May

my next few weeks are gonna be all about a master bedroom reno and raking leaves

RedSN
10-10-2016, 01:16 PM
Did projectWTF get out at all this year? Didn't see it once this season, and now it's already stored away?

Can I have your old oil? ;)

WTF
10-10-2016, 02:01 PM
Did projectWTF get out at all this year? Didn't see it once this season, and now it's already stored away?

did the better part of 1000kms.....and about 700 in the Morgan....so not a ton of driving but I enjoyed them

didn't attend any events or go to any shows....just took them out and booted around and enjoyed it

started a new trend this season.....drive it 3 times and detail it once versus driving it once and detailing it 3 times

Ray721
10-10-2016, 04:51 PM
started a new trend this season.....drive it 3 times and detail it once versus driving it once and detailing it 3 times

Progress lol

Armen
10-10-2016, 04:56 PM
Next you'll be showing up at track events!

Laffs
10-10-2016, 10:27 PM
Just rolled 120,000kms.

Zexhuffer
10-10-2016, 10:43 PM
I can honestly say if I end up killing this tank in the cobra before it goes away Halloween or before, I may put 500kms on it this summer.

ZR
10-11-2016, 06:50 AM
Up till the Algonquin cruise, was not that much ahead of you.
Track day should be good for a couple more tanks though.

RedSN
10-11-2016, 08:35 AM
It's not time for Winter-Warren yet. We've barely seen summer Warren.

Laffs
10-11-2016, 10:28 AM
Just realised it was 8 years ago today I purchased my car...

Armen
10-11-2016, 11:27 AM
8 enjoyable years... Congrats!

Laffs
10-11-2016, 11:39 AM
8 enjoyable years... Congrats!

8 years and almost 50,000kms. Longest I've ever kept a car by double.

October 8, 2011

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b68/Laffs99GT/stockstang.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b68/Laffs99GT/stang/springinstallday/_MG_0798.jpg

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/2099/pics/laffs4.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b68/Laffs99GT/newbumper.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b68/Laffs99GT/1160568_zpsfwhxdwc4.jpg

True Blue
10-11-2016, 12:00 PM
Great looking vert man!

Armen
10-11-2016, 02:16 PM
Registered for track day. Would have posted in the track day thread but it's locked for some reason.

Blackmare
10-11-2016, 02:19 PM
Moved to the Paddock so others can respond.

Armen
10-11-2016, 02:32 PM
Moved to the Paddock so others can respond.

Good idea. Kinda generates interest when more can chime in, imo.

92redragtop
10-12-2016, 07:27 PM
Surely there's a way to get their plates and go after them.

http://www.iheartradio.ca/newstalk-1010/news/watch-motorcycle-stunt-drivers-strike-again-1.2020671

TheMustangShow
10-12-2016, 07:34 PM

http://www.iheartradio.ca/newstalk-1010/news/watch-motorcycle-stunt-drivers-strike-again-1.2020671

LOL, Good Luck, unless they catch one and he "SINGS" on the others, no way.

They can't get positive IDs on the Riders with Helmets on and Tinted Visors.

If the POLICE want to make some arrests that will really benefit the Province, they should proceed to Queens Park and arrest this CON and some of her fellow maggots.

http://static.theglobeandmail.ca/c36/news/national/article9565266.ece/ALTERNATES/w620/web-wynne-0308.JPG

92redragtop
10-12-2016, 09:50 PM
LOL, Good Luck, unless they catch one and he "SINGS" on the others, no way.

They can't get positive IDs on the Riders with Helmets on and Tinted Visors.

If the POLICE want to make some arrests that will really benefit the Province, they should proceed to Queens Park and arrest this CON and some of her fellow maggots.

http://static.theglobeandmail.ca/c36/news/national/article9565266.ece/ALTERNATES/w620/web-wynne-0308.JPG

Yet I chirp my tires and they'll want to impound my car for a week.

I think she's paid them off already with their union contracts.

Ponyryd
10-12-2016, 11:13 PM

That's pretty crazy, I can't believe they were stunting right next to a police car and they did nothing, good music though.

92redragtop
10-12-2016, 11:50 PM
That's pretty crazy, I can't believe they were stunting right next to a police car and they did nothing, good music though.

Yup - try that in your car.

ZR
10-13-2016, 09:41 PM
Track day in the rear view...............it's days like this that keep the hobby alive n well for me.

that is all

Stephen06GT
10-13-2016, 09:44 PM
Track day in the rear view...............it's days like this that keep the hobby alive n well for me.

that is all

Amen to that.

WTF
10-14-2016, 11:17 AM
master bedroom reno is underway

part of the plan is to get into the 90s...my wife has protested for years that she can only sleep in a water bed.....that's no longer....she can get used to some $3k memory foam deal I'm sure

was dreading draining the big fucking sac of water but it went mint......took 10x longer to unravel the 75ft hose through the house than it did to get the bed draining

a couple of pumps on the mattress at the hose connection......went downstairs to the basement shower and gave the hose two big hauls and whammo.....drained like colonoscopy prep

all drained, folded up and outta the house into the garbage can now

went way quicker than I was dreading

I will say though.....that water bed mattress was fault free for 22 years....not a drop of water ever leaked

RedSN
10-14-2016, 11:39 AM
wow! you guys were still rocking a water bed!?

I gotta say, the newer mattresses are amazing! We picked up a king a couple years ago, and it's still the most comfortable mattress I have ever slept on. Makes coming back from vacation a pleasure.

WTF
10-14-2016, 12:08 PM
wow! you guys were still rocking a water bed!?

I gotta say, the newer mattresses are amazing! We picked up a king a couple years ago, and it's still the most comfortable mattress I have ever slept on. Makes coming back from vacation a pleasure.

yup

it's the main reason it's taken 19 years to reno the master bedroom...cause you ain't moving a water bed outta the way to paint

I'm looking forward to one of these tempurpedic deals....I'm betting within a week my wife won't be complaining

WTF
10-16-2016, 08:10 AM
there is an upside to having a new house build going on right next door

they have a nice clean out-house and they don't lock the fence

woke up this morning to no water.......seems there was a watermain break up the street overnight so the city shut off the water

crew on the scene now thankfully

Screw
10-16-2016, 08:14 AM
My knees are telling me my flippin age ..mind wants to keep pushing but body is saying rest in a warm climate , not liking this damp weather .
Maybe I got try that glucosamine stuff .

True Blue
10-16-2016, 08:59 AM
glucosamine chondroitin works John... My mom took it for a long time, without it she could barely go up the stairs with all joint pains.

ZR
10-16-2016, 11:54 AM
John may I suggest..............

https://thumb1.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/581608/172753478/stock-photo-smoking-marijuana-joint-in-an-ashtray-with-amsterdam-sign-and-a-big-plastic-bag-of-weed-on-wooden-172753478.jpg

Ponyryd
10-16-2016, 12:48 PM
Medicinal, I swear

ZR
10-16-2016, 02:13 PM
Oh course. ^

CDNfyrfytr
10-16-2016, 02:15 PM
What a great weekend weather wise! I got 2 of three vehicles cleaned up yesterday, even got to the engine bay on the Mach.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161016/4fa0109d236945f0d7ad991af5068ced.jpg

Wife's Santa Fe

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161016/bcca7da9472376d3e1b2383dfe9adb60.jpg

ZR
10-16-2016, 02:17 PM
Doesn't that look sweet.

RedSN
10-16-2016, 02:20 PM
LOL, all I managed was get the track tires swapped out and cleaned. Didn't get to cleaning the car, but it's sitting outside today, so it's getting a 'free' wash.

ZR
10-16-2016, 02:48 PM
I did the same Don. Brakes n tires changed Friday but dumped the car back outside for a rain wash.

5.4MarkVIII
10-16-2016, 03:56 PM
Was hoping to get one more fishing day in on the boat. But like all summer every dame time I planed a day to go out the wife or someone else found something "better" for me to do.

Don't find time last weekend so was gonna take Friday off but had pissy customers to deal with so was gonna go Saturday then Dad called and asked for help planting 150 trees. So now the lakes are closed and the boat goes to storage.

rain this am made working off the house difficult. Then the kids not behaving and the wife deciding last minute that she does indeed want a light out by the back door (would have been nice to know that two fucking weeks ago when I asked her before everything was insulated and vapor barriered) but what do I know. Everything I have touched today has went to shit so needless to say it's beer o'clock and everyone can fuck off.

Love the end of the weekend being ruined by a bad mood.

Armen
10-16-2016, 04:01 PM
Love the end of the weekend being ruined by a bad mood.

No offence, but that seems to be quite often the case when you post. Or at least, that's how it appears.

5.4MarkVIII
10-16-2016, 04:34 PM
Seems to be life anymore. Every time I turn around some kinda crap going on.

ZR
10-16-2016, 04:40 PM
When life deals ya lemons, make lemonade.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b8/bf/cb/b8bfcb5fa5cf35b285a478c90eec56e4.jpg

RedSN
10-16-2016, 05:29 PM
Everything I have touched today has went to shit so needless to say it's beer o'clock and everyone can fuck off.
I am putting this quote up in my cubicle at work! Somebody comes to me and asks me something, I'm just going to point to it.

Armen
10-16-2016, 05:44 PM
Seems to be life anymore. Every time I turn around some kinda crap going on.

That sounds discouraging. Might be good to talk to someone professional about it. And I'm not kidding. Sometimes it helps just to bounce off someone like that.

HyperGT
10-16-2016, 06:46 PM
i took on way too much this year with my backyard. no time for the car. oh well.
next time i am hiring someone!

CDNfyrfytr
10-16-2016, 06:51 PM
That's what I did. My time is worth more than saving a few dollars.

HyperGT
10-16-2016, 07:05 PM
i hear you. quotes were about $15k-17k - but is wasnt about the $$ this time. I decided to do what will most likly be the last big project with my dad - nearly 80 and no i did not let him lift any thing, lol. 400 sq foot flagstone patio and 11 x 12 cedar deck. Hopefully done in 2-3 weeks.

That's what I did. My time is worth more than saving a few dollars.

RedSN
10-16-2016, 07:49 PM
^^^sounds impressive! Post pics when done.

03svt
10-16-2016, 07:49 PM
i hear you. quotes were about $15k-17k - but is wasnt about the $$ this time. I decided to do what will most likly be the last big project with my dad - nearly 80 and no i did not let him lift any thing, lol. 400 sq foot flagstone patio and 11 x 12 cedar deck. Hopefully done in 2-3 weeks.

Did a flagstone pathway myself this summer, lot of work but well worth the effort.

HyperGT
10-16-2016, 08:27 PM
not sure about impressive. more stupid. dig out 400 sq feet 8 inches down by hand shovel, moved 5 cubic yards of gravel to fill hole, moved 4000lb of limestone and 10,000lb of stones - in my wheel barrow. hopefully it looks good. will post pics.

^^^sounds impressive! Post pics when done.

5.4MarkVIII
10-16-2016, 09:08 PM
not sure about impressive. more stupid. dig out 400 sq feet 8 inches down by hand shovel, moved 5 cubic yards of gravel to fill hole, moved 4000lb of limestone and 10,000lb of stones - in my wheel barrow. hopefully it looks good. will post pics.

Your missing out on the best part of a project like that. The excuses to rent heavy equipment.

- - - Updated - - -

That sounds discouraging. Might be good to talk to someone professional about it. And I'm not kidding. Sometimes it helps just to bounce off someone like that.

I've done this in the past. Sometimes it helps sometimes it doesn't. Might be time to give it a go again.

ZR
10-17-2016, 06:53 AM
More hospital n doc appoints vs what I'd like this week. Do appreciate how thorough the specialist is though.

baddbullitt
10-17-2016, 07:15 AM
So this is the exhaust I'm gonna get got the Mighty Micra!!! :) lol This will be my first mod.. Then a bunch of Plasti-Dip..lol Followed by a big ass stripe!!! :D

https://youtu.be/k-2oZ7sz3Oc

SVOMACH1
10-17-2016, 07:34 AM
More hospital n doc appoints vs what I'd like this week. Do appreciate how thorough the specialist is though.

Thorough = Good

RedSN
10-17-2016, 09:32 AM
not sure about impressive. more stupid.
stupid? you're talking to a guy who dug a 2'x2' x 30' long trench trough clay with a pick-axe.
I'm right there with you, stupid. LOL

RedSN
10-17-2016, 01:23 PM
Was going to put some old rims up for sale on kijijij for $50.
Took them to the recyclers and got $54, woo hoo!

92redragtop
10-17-2016, 10:10 PM

Hope all is ok. Is our medical system as much of a catastrophe as Trump claims?

baddbullitt
10-18-2016, 07:06 AM
So, apparently there isn't a 2016 Micra S with a 5 speed anywhere to be had. I found one, then found out it had been sold.. You would almost figure finding a bare bones car would be easy. Just not the case. I could have a Micra S with an automatic, or an SR with a 5 speed, but then the price is almost 20 grand. Yeah I don't think so at that point..
So looks like I'm going with a different ride as a commuter car. But on the flip side of it. The car I'm possibly getting had power accessories, heated seats, Bluetooth and satellite radio. So I go and look at it tomorrow and test drive it.. Funny when I was offered the test drive. My reply was "What the hell for? I'm going from driving an Audi to that!!! I know how it's gonna drive. Like shit!!" LOL

RedSN
10-18-2016, 08:45 AM
^^^my experience with Nissan was similar. Very difficult (impossible) to find the exact model I wanted. They had plenty of the models that I didn't want, LOL.

baddbullitt
10-18-2016, 08:48 AM
Why do they do that to us??? That really chaps my ass!! I was looking forward to a bare bones Micra S with a manual. Then hot rod it a lil bit. But I did see the 2017's. Hopefully once I get a year out of the shitbox I'm being stuck with I can trade it in and get the Micra S with a manual!!
Makes me even wonder why even offer it, if you're really not going to sell it?? Besides the fact that dealerships make next to fack all on them..

newbiestangowner
10-18-2016, 09:03 AM
Why do they do that to us??? That really chaps my ass!! I was looking forward to a bare bones Micra S with a manual. Then hot rod it a lil bit. But I did see the 2017's. Hopefully once I get a year out of the shitbox I'm being stuck with I can trade it in and get the Micra S with a manual!!
Makes me even wonder why even offer it, if you're really not going to sell it?? Besides the fact that dealerships make next to fack all on them..

bean counters at the company want u to spend more lol to get what u want and don't want

baddbullitt
10-18-2016, 09:57 AM
bean counters at the company want u to spend more lol to get what u want and don't want

Ain't that the truth!!

ZR
10-18-2016, 12:00 PM
Thank you to everyone at Markham Stouffville Hosp today.

Old Fart
10-18-2016, 01:27 PM
^^^so things went well?

Harbinger
10-18-2016, 02:38 PM
I've been eyeing the 2017 corolla iM. If the price is right. Might settle for a 5 speed 07 accord

ZR
10-18-2016, 02:46 PM
^^^so things went well?

Not so much but appreciate how good everyone I came into contact with was to me.

Scrape
10-18-2016, 02:54 PM
Things ok Rick?
Thank you to everyone at Markham Stouffville Hosp today.

ZR
10-18-2016, 03:05 PM
Hope was, new meds would improve the clot situation in my leg but to date there's been no improvement / more complications. I also see the specialist again this week, bet he's got a plan C. Been a long haul with the side effects from current meds, pisser if it's been all for nothing but do understand it is what it is.

CDNfyrfytr
10-18-2016, 03:43 PM
Blood clots are serious business. Hope everything works out for you Rick.

CDNfyrfytr
10-18-2016, 03:45 PM
On a more positive note, it was a beautiful day for a cruise out to get some maple syrup in Pelham today. Then out to West Lincoln just to burn some gas.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161018/61e913e56278c74c6997d77ca2bc23e2.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161018/84a41582bfee90e2eb3a985b951755b3.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161018/3ced61b1b030050de1f28f2d26a63e90.jpg

WTF
10-20-2016, 06:59 PM
my weekday routine this week has been:

1) put in a 7a-3p day in the office
2) come home and train like a muther fucker in the gym
3) back upstairs and put in a couple of hours on the master bedroom repaint

making good progress....but I gotta say

the most unrewarding job on the planet has to be repainting a white ceiling....white

ZR
10-20-2016, 08:26 PM
Another home run at Markham Stouffville today, place should be the model for all other Ontario hospitals and staff. You can really tell people like to work there. While the specialist I'm seeing is terrific, appointment did not yield the news I'd hoped for. Leg clot has increased slightly in size (technician had indicated it was the same). Doc moved to plan C (new meds again, yay), he's optimistic transition to this one will go smoother vs the last.

G-ForceJunkie
10-20-2016, 09:22 PM
Hope you get better soon Rick.

92redragtop
10-20-2016, 10:30 PM
Another home run at Markham Stouffville today, place should be the model for all other Ontario hospitals and staff. You can really tell people like to work there. While the specialist I'm seeing is terrific, appointment did not yield the news I'd hoped for. Leg clot has increased slightly in size (technician had indicated it was the same). Doc moved to plan C (new meds again, yay), he's optimistic transition to this one will go smoother vs the last.

Fingers crossed for the new meds....serious things these clots.

ZR
10-20-2016, 10:40 PM
Thank you.

True Blue
10-20-2016, 11:57 PM
Praying all goes well, Rick... Stay strong!

mavrrrick
10-21-2016, 07:17 AM
Hope all goes well brother!!

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Blackmare
10-21-2016, 08:05 AM
Fingers crossed for you Rick.

baddbullitt
10-21-2016, 08:24 AM
Wishing you all the best Rick!!! We need ya healthy buddy!!! :)

Old Fart
10-21-2016, 08:47 AM
Hope it goes well Rick!

Screw
10-21-2016, 07:59 PM
Buddy of mine looking at these.not bad $380 zero down 3 yr lease
http://http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag100/maxnhero/E6752F70-C028-47C4-AFB6-A734FEF4B345_zpsz2kvfraq.jpg (http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/maxnhero/media/E6752F70-C028-47C4-AFB6-A734FEF4B345_zpsz2kvfraq.jpg.html)
Don't know much about them but nice looking lil truck

ZR
10-22-2016, 07:20 AM
Agreed, has a killer look.

ZR
10-22-2016, 07:21 AM
Thanks guys.

WTF
10-22-2016, 08:42 AM
first coat of new colour done on the master bedroom....2 more to go....gonna look great

off to home depot again

was pulling a rolling pad off the small roller and managed to rip the whole fucking wheel off and broke the cheap piece of shit

Ponyryd
10-22-2016, 12:15 PM
Buddy of mine looking at these.not bad $380 zero down 3 yr lease
http://http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag100/maxnhero/E6752F70-C028-47C4-AFB6-A734FEF4B345_zpsz2kvfraq.jpg (http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/maxnhero/media/E6752F70-C028-47C4-AFB6-A734FEF4B345_zpsz2kvfraq.jpg.html)
Don't know much about them but nice looking lil truck

Nice trucks, not "lil" IMO, but by today's standards I guess they are, lol. Put it next to an '80s pickup and I bet it's the same size or bigger. I'd like to see how the 2018 wrangler pickup sizes up against these mid-sizers.

RedSN
10-22-2016, 12:21 PM
I briefly considered that truck while I was shopping. Definitely not little. But I was intrigued by the optional diesel. ....until I found out the diesel is only available in the quad-cab. :thumbsdown:

So true: the new full size pickups are gigantic, and the so called mid-size trucks are the size the old full size pickups.

Screw
10-22-2016, 12:57 PM
I briefly considered that truck while I was shopping. Definitely not little. But I was intrigued by the optional diesel. ....until I found out the diesel is only available in the quad-cab. :thumbsdown:

So true: the new full size pickups are gigantic, and the so called mid-size trucks are the size the old full size pickups.

Was it the length of the Frontier that made your decision , what's your take on these GM's ? Since you were in the market

RedSN
10-22-2016, 01:08 PM
A little bit wider, and yeah a lot longer. Would not fit in my garage.
Same reason the Tacoma was not considered in my search, they are the same size. So I never looked real close at either the Chevy or the Toyota.

The Frontier really was the only one that met my criteria, ...and was the cheapest. No regrets so far.

ZR
10-22-2016, 01:52 PM
Truck is great looking Don.

WTF
10-22-2016, 04:16 PM
coat #2 done

the colour is awesome

it's beer time

3rd coat tomorrow morning

Drtoronto
10-22-2016, 06:30 PM
On a more positive note, it was a beautiful day for a cruise out to get some maple syrup in Pelham today. Then out to West Lincoln just to burn some gas.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161018/61e913e56278c74c6997d77ca2bc23e2.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161018/84a41582bfee90e2eb3a985b951755b3.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161018/3ced61b1b030050de1f28f2d26a63e90.jpg

Sweet pics saw your car today sticking its nose outa the garage lol I bought Jamie's house behind ya on fisher move in nov2

Stephen06GT
10-22-2016, 08:23 PM
President's Choice Maple and Bacon Popcorn is damn good. I think I found my new favourite snack food.

ZR
10-22-2016, 09:17 PM
Like your style.

CDNfyrfytr
10-22-2016, 10:23 PM
Sweet pics saw your car today sticking its nose outa the garage lol I bought Jamie's house behind ya on fisher move in nov2

I'll be over to drink your beer on Nov 3[emoji482][emoji1303].

Drtoronto
10-22-2016, 11:15 PM
Sure no prob that's my b day as well lol

WTF
10-23-2016, 09:36 AM
alright....coat #3 on the master bedroom walls is done

now I get to spend the next couple of nights fucking around with all the trim

Scrape
10-23-2016, 09:44 AM
Oh wow. Just catching up and read this Rick. Sorry to hear but I am glad to hear that they caught it. Let's all pray for a speedy recovery.

newbiestangowner
10-23-2016, 02:42 PM
alright....coat #3 on the master bedroom walls is done

now I get to spend the next couple of nights fucking around with all the trim

:highfive: good job- because I hate painting.

at first I did a double take reading your post lol!! I read the first part and said " What? did he just say that! then I read " around all the trim" ;)

Ponyryd
10-23-2016, 08:15 PM

If I was looking I'd definitely look at a ridgeline first, I don't care for the front end, but otherwise they're a sweet little truck. I knew a few people with the older ones and they worked them very hard, towing bug trailers, ignoring maintenence, etc.....very durable trucks.

Screw
10-24-2016, 07:26 PM
If I was looking I'd definitely look at a ridgeline first, I don't care for the front end, but otherwise they're a sweet little truck. I knew a few people with the older ones and they worked them very hard, towing bug trailers, ignoring maintenence, etc.....very durable trucks.

been looking at used high km ones 06/07 200+km , am I asking for troubles ? more or less winter beater that my kids can drive , looked at some tacos too but anything under 10K has 300+km's

RedSN
10-24-2016, 08:11 PM
If I was looking I'd definitely look at a ridgeline first, I don't care for the front end, but otherwise they're a sweet little truck.

I just can't get past the unibody construction for a so called 'truck'. Sorry, I gotta have a frame and leaf springs.

Harbinger
10-24-2016, 08:16 PM
Had an interesting thing happen infront of my eyes at the local Petro Canada touchless wash:

An expensive benz amg was infront of me just about to finish up as I rolled the mach through and had the underside scrubbed (which was 2 weeks long overdue). As the amg began to move forward to get dryed, the exit door decided to close abruptly and bashed the poor guy's hood. I came over to help him out, he had to stand and not let the door come down again and again as it attempted to close...he was fighting with the door... Told me its a 200k car. I went into the petro canada leaving the mach 1 inside the wash and told the staff member what happened. Good grief! As soon as the petro staff came in to disable everything I hightailed it outta there and went home to hand wash my mach 1. Never going back there again...so glad it wasn't my car. Can't imagine what mercedez would charge for that hood...maybe worth as much as my mach 1 lmao

Ponyryd
10-24-2016, 09:58 PM
been looking at used high km ones 06/07 200+km , am I asking for troubles ? more or less winter beater that my kids can drive , looked at some tacos too but anything under 10K has 300+km's

Seen them with over 200km but not much more, maybe 220k, but hard kms, no doubt. I'd take a good look for rust/rot on the underside, otherwise check the maintenence, if it's all good you should be fine.

5.4MarkVIII
10-25-2016, 07:37 AM

Oh god the new ones are so ugly.

TheMustangShow
10-25-2016, 01:52 PM
http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp129/JTBConsulting/New%20Cars/IMG_5235_zpsyosk0ghr.jpg (http://s404.photobucket.com/user/JTBConsulting/media/New%20Cars/IMG_5235_zpsyosk0ghr.jpg.html)

This Grey would look great on an R.

Armen
10-25-2016, 06:02 PM
http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp129/JTBConsulting/New%20Cars/IMG_5235_zpsyosk0ghr.jpg (http://s404.photobucket.com/user/JTBConsulting/media/New%20Cars/IMG_5235_zpsyosk0ghr.jpg.html)

This Grey would look great on an R.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff276/armenk2000/Misc/gt350-4_zpsxtlu2y7b.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff276/armenk2000/Misc/gt350-5_zpso3dh0jxl.jpg

Armen
10-25-2016, 06:07 PM
Went to Sparta today. Took the rears down to 25 psi and used the factory line lock for the first time there.

Ran consistent 12's. Best was 12.87 @ 111mph. Stock motor, 20" street tires, stock air filter, Eibach Pro Kit and at approx 4200 with me in it.

Cannot believe how capable this car is at so many things. It's just a blast to drive - road course, strip or just cruising.

ZR
10-25-2016, 06:31 PM
^ Extremely impressive ride.

baddbullitt
10-25-2016, 06:34 PM
Joanna is away for a few days. Left Clive and I home alone with all this Halloween candy and a stocked bar...lol..

And I'll take one of them GT350's please!! :D

TheMustangShow
10-25-2016, 09:39 PM
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff276/armenk2000/Misc/gt350-4_zpsxtlu2y7b.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff276/armenk2000/Misc/gt350-5_zpso3dh0jxl.jpg

Seen those pics before. Is that the same Grey?

Think the 350 looks best with no stripes, they seem to have a narrowing affect on the S550.

Love this new Shelby!

Screw
10-25-2016, 09:40 PM
Another stablemate JT ?

Armen
10-25-2016, 10:13 PM
Yup. Same gray. Magnetic.

NickD
10-25-2016, 10:37 PM
took this for a drive tonight to the Cadillac dealership, my god it gets faster the cooler it is out, cant wait for boost
on another note the ats is nice but the steering wheel controls and cue system feel cheap, Im not sure...

http://i67.tinypic.com/2584cbt.jpg

Scott
10-25-2016, 11:48 PM
took this for a drive tonight to the Cadillac dealership, my god it gets faster the cooler it is out, cant wait for boost
on another note the ats is nice but the steering wheel controls and cue system feel cheap, Im not sure...

http://i67.tinypic.com/2584cbt.jpg

Fabulous picture Nick!

ZR
10-26-2016, 07:14 AM
Yup that ones a keeper.

baddbullitt
10-26-2016, 07:42 AM
A day away from the office would be much better spent somewhere other than management training. But a day away from the office is still a bonus!! [emoji3][emoji3]

03svt
10-26-2016, 08:48 AM
Finally getting a chance to take the mustang down to my grandmothers tomorrow to store it... Garage Reno should start next week I hope.