PDA

View Full Version : Post whatever is on your mind!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96

IanGTCS
12-24-2016, 01:22 PM
nope.

why stress? stress is bad for you.
I guess I'm lucky. Our family doesn't partake in this ridiculous commercial buying frenzy of Christmas shopping. We bring a couple bottles of wine over for Christmas dinner and relax. The wine helps.

It all comes from my wife and her family. My immediate family is everyone gets a book or two and have a relaxing day of drinking coffee and relaxing. If there is a bigger event it is appetizers and desserts and low key.

Wifes family on the other hand goes all out, everyone gets gifts etc. So I have to live with someone who is constantly going "oh, we have to get this person something". They question of "why?" doesn't go over well.

Anyways, it'll be over soon enough then I can get back to my normal low key life.

CDNfyrfytr
12-24-2016, 02:23 PM
Watching the best Christmas movie ever today cause I'm working tomorrow. Partially filmed in my hometown.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161224/508cc9b8fc873639e4bb059eaab4e606.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedSN
12-24-2016, 02:35 PM
LOL, my wife just got that movie. She has never seen it. I said:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-K5UjEts3h4k/UdIDb_f1euI/AAAAAAAAQO8/xdDNb_VaiU8/s480/minion.gif

CDNfyrfytr
12-24-2016, 02:47 PM
The school yard scenes were filmed in St Catharines in 1982. My dad took my brother and I over there to look at all the cars they had there for filming.

Screw
12-25-2016, 02:47 AM
Anyone else get really stressed out by the holidays?

Next year I'm either faking I'm going away or will go away lol just so I don't need to spend every eve with wife's side of the family :D

IanGTCS
12-25-2016, 06:29 AM
Watching the best Christmas movie ever today cause I'm working tomorrow. Partially filmed in my hometown.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161224/508cc9b8fc873639e4bb059eaab4e606.jpg

Best christmas movie. Well that and Die Hard.

baddbullitt
12-25-2016, 08:49 AM
Coffee and baileys and got the bird in the oven cookin away!!
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161225/fb07380147de9862e192717714e11a2c.jpg

Scrape
12-25-2016, 09:03 AM
Merry Christmas Buddy!
Coffee and baileys and got the bird in the oven cookin away!!
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161225/fb07380147de9862e192717714e11a2c.jpg

Screw
12-25-2016, 11:12 AM

Your not alone lol after last nights fiasco my wife can't argue the fact that her sisters husband is a toxic jackazz & I have been granted a pass from all functions with Hatfield side & TG :) soooo relieved

5.4MarkVIII
12-25-2016, 04:00 PM

This year yes. On my wife's side the SIL's ex screwed her out of Christmas morning with her boy who is three. And because they are still working with lawyers and have no judge ruling there is nothing she can do about it.

On my side my older brother is being a total fuck twat. Our youngest brother flew home this year for Christmas so mom was having dinner on Christmas Day. My older bros GF has her kids this year and didn't want to come to moms so they have been kicking a stink for the last three months wanting Christmas on the 27th. My wife and I work the 27th we don't get holidays this time of year being self employed and all. My mom finally said no sorry Christmas dinner is Christmas Day.
Big bro got pissed said he wasn't coming. And he and his GF would come down on the 27th and expected a Christmas dinner
Mom said fine what ever. He had also told my younger bro that he would shop for him and wrap his presents so he didn't have to worry about gifts on the plane. Which he did. And he would pick up younger bro from the airport Christmas Eve. Well he called last min and said that he couldn't pick him up. So mom and dad had to run down last min to the airport. Then older bro took all the presents that were at mom and dads from both him and my younger bro down to his GF,s place in London. Said he would bring them back when they came down on the 27th.

Self involved prick. Then had the nerve to get pissy at me when I called him and said WTF bro it's Christmas. Start acting like an adult

Old Fart
12-25-2016, 05:12 PM
^^^sorry man...family can be a bitch sometimes. Would it be funny if no one was home on the 27th?

Armen
12-25-2016, 05:22 PM
Glad everyone is having a
Wonderful Christmas;)

Screw
12-25-2016, 05:54 PM
Glad everyone is having a
Wonderful Christmas;)

Absolutely today is glorious lol :merry_xmas::reindeer:

ZR
12-25-2016, 06:07 PM
Your not alone lol after last nights fiasco my wife can't argue the fact that her sisters husband is a toxic jackazz & I have been granted a pass from all functions with Hatfield side & TG :) soooo relieved

;)

92redragtop
12-26-2016, 02:22 AM

Get that in writing.....

WTF
12-26-2016, 09:47 AM
On my side my older brother is a total fuck twat.

I've got one of those as well

2016 will be my last year doing xmas eve at my Mom's place because it takes all my damn strength to not knock his rotten, decaying teeth outta his fucking alcohol-drenched pie hole

I don't have kids for a number of reasons......and this asshole is most of those reasons,,,,I could write a fucking book

it's getting uglier every year....so the wife and I are gonna try and get my mom out to our place solo around xmas from now on... and skip the annual shitshow at her place with this dipshit causing endless grief

life is far too short, and your free time is far too precious to waste it on people who's only apparent goal in life is to fuck things up

ZR
12-26-2016, 10:10 AM
^ So true.

True Blue
12-26-2016, 10:51 AM
Well this Christmas at the outlaws house was pretty much on par like every other year... My FIL chewed out my MIL at the table for such a stupid reason, in front of everyone including her 80yr old parents. My 28yr old Bro in-law (in short) is a total fuck up, just gets up during lunch not saying anything and leaves. After many texts sent from my MIL, he decides to respond back over an hour later. Said he went for a drive and is in the Midland area. WTF!!

I tell ya, during the holidays an endless supply of wine goes a long way!

Screw
12-26-2016, 11:01 AM
To all the above ^^so my idea of faking I'm out of town next year is not so far fetched :)

Ponyryd
12-26-2016, 11:06 AM
Fuck faking outta town, if my Christmas was that bad I'd leave town for a few days, and I'd tell everyone exactly why.

Screw
12-26-2016, 11:19 AM
Lol , just outlaw side

Armen
12-26-2016, 11:52 AM
Honestly, I had pretty much the best holidays ever this year. I was hosting this year in the new house and it was so nice having the extra room (and rooms, lol). My sister and bro-in-law came up Fri and right away cooked up a storm. My nephew came up Sat with his wife and 4yr old daughter, so having a child around was lots of fun (mostly). My mom visited several times to enjoy the sights and sounds. I think everyone had a really good time.

ZR
12-26-2016, 12:58 PM
Good to hear Chris.

Screw
12-26-2016, 01:08 PM
Do I dare venture out for a tv ? Not a big techie just looking for a smart tv and fill a specific void in my wall unit .

ZR
12-26-2016, 01:15 PM
Just got back in, streets n plaza generally quiet-ish down here. Suspect with ice backing off more will venture out though.

RedSN
12-26-2016, 04:25 PM
Bottle of paint thinner sprung a leak in the garage. Just finished cleaning up the mess. I'm a little bit high.

CDNfyrfytr
12-26-2016, 06:13 PM
That happened to me in the summer with varsol[emoji15]

Screw
12-26-2016, 10:35 PM
World jr time , Go Canada Go

IanGTCS
12-27-2016, 01:06 PM
Bottle of paint thinner sprung a leak in the garage. Just finished cleaning up the mess. I'm a little bit high.

I have marks all down my driveway from a similar experience last spring.

RedSN
12-28-2016, 09:59 AM
Thought this quote was pretty accurate...

1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.

2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.

3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.”

― Douglas Adams

Ray721
12-28-2016, 11:40 AM
Oh no, 6 more years until I'm walking around in a bewildered daze of the unnatural world. Yelling at kids to stay off my lawn and such [emoji23]

Screw
12-28-2016, 02:03 PM
Oh no, 6 more years until I'm walking around in a bewildered daze of the unnatural world. Yelling at kids to stay off my lawn and such [emoji23]

Why 6 ? Do it now :D

jibbijib
12-29-2016, 04:27 PM
Hi everyone :)

ZR
12-29-2016, 05:55 PM

Did I miss something? Thought you always did. ;)

ZR
12-29-2016, 05:55 PM
Hi everyone :)

Hey Jib.
Xtine sleeping soundly?

jibbijib
12-29-2016, 06:31 PM
Yep shes in a cool dry place.

baddbullitt
12-31-2016, 09:33 AM
Saw on FB that some idiot drunk driver ran into r-model's Mustang last night... Mike seems to be ok thank goodness and the cops arrested the asshat who hit him. Did one hell of a number on his S550 though :(

Blackmare
12-31-2016, 10:07 AM
Saw that too. Glad he's OK.

RedSN
12-31-2016, 10:57 AM
Sorry to here about r-model. Glad he's okay.

Armen
12-31-2016, 11:52 AM
That sucks.

Sorry to hear, Mike.

Screw
12-31-2016, 09:48 PM
4 beers in and I'm ready for a nap , Happy New Years gents

ZR
12-31-2016, 10:19 PM
Good to hear Mike's ok.

mavrrrick
01-01-2017, 09:25 AM

Lost another.... William Christopher...R.I.P.

Scrape
01-01-2017, 09:45 AM
Mariah Carey Suffers Lip Sync Snafu on 'New Year's Rockin' Eve'

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7640602/mariah-carey-suffers-lip-sync-snafu-on-new-years-rockin-eve?utm_source=GooglePlus&utm_source=plus.google.com&utm_medium=referral

And here is the EPIC FAIL!

(http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7640602/mariah-carey-suffers-lip-sync-snafu-on-new-years-rockin-eve?utm_source=GooglePlus&utm_source=plus.google.com&utm_medium=referral)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wUik3vABkY (http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7640602/mariah-carey-suffers-lip-sync-snafu-on-new-years-rockin-eve?utm_source=GooglePlus&utm_source=plus.google.com&utm_medium=referral)
(http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7640602/mariah-carey-suffers-lip-sync-snafu-on-new-years-rockin-eve?utm_source=GooglePlus&utm_source=plus.google.com&utm_medium=referral)

WTF
01-01-2017, 10:01 AM
^^^^

the wife and I were watching that train wreck live

she is a nasty piece of work

Monera3v
01-01-2017, 10:49 AM
Mariah Carey Suffers Lip Sync Snafu on 'New Year's Rockin' Eve'

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7640602/mariah-carey-suffers-lip-sync-snafu-on-new-years-rockin-eve?utm_source=GooglePlus&utm_source=plus.google.com&utm_medium=referral

And here is the EPIC FAIL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wUik3vABkY (http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7640602/mariah-carey-suffers-lip-sync-snafu-on-new-years-rockin-eve?utm_source=GooglePlus&utm_source=plus.google.com&utm_medium=referral)

Looks like 2016 claimed one more of our Iconic singer... But than again..

Stephen06GT
01-01-2017, 11:01 AM
2016 also took William Christopher "Father Mulcahy" of M*A*S*H. He died Saturday at the age of 84.

5.4MarkVIII
01-01-2017, 11:13 AM
I'm getting so frustrated at all the stuck up people whining about how bad 2016 was.
I mean first off any death is a tragity. But people put so much into these "famous" people and act like the hole world is over. It's a joke. I'm fine with mourning losses but how bout we mourn the losses of soldiers fighting for freedoms. Or young kids sick in countries that can't get the medications they need. Or starving from lack of food, clean drinking water. When will people start using their voices to talk about what actually matters instead of a rich person who gave nothing back and dies of old age. Might be a little cyinical.

Also if it's the worlds worst year for you because an election didn't go your way suck it up butter cup. Bunch of melenial baby's think they have it so bad. Then need to go live under a proper tyrant for a while and see how good they actually have it. Might teach them a bit of humility and respect.

mavrrrick
01-01-2017, 01:36 PM
I'm getting so frustrated at all the stuck up people whining about how bad 2016 was.
I mean first off any death is a tragity. But people put so much into these "famous" people and act like the hole world is over. It's a joke. I'm fine with mourning losses but how bout we mourn the losses of soldiers fighting for freedoms. Or young kids sick in countries that can't get the medications they need. Or starving from lack of food, clean drinking water. When will people start using their voices to talk about what actually matters instead of a rich person who gave nothing back and dies of old age. Might be a little cyinical.

Also if it's the worlds worst year for you because an election didn't go your way suck it up butter cup. Bunch of melenial baby's think they have it so bad. Then need to go live under a proper tyrant for a while and see how good they actually have it. Might teach them a bit of humility and respect.
I agree with all you said, but these people did give back, entertainment, laughter and smiles....Sometimes in our own dark moments, they made us crack a smile because what they do....Again, I agree with what your saying. 2016 wasn't so bad.... We're still here...

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

5.4MarkVIII
01-01-2017, 02:33 PM
I agree with all you said, but these people did give back, entertainment, laughter and smiles....Sometimes in our own dark moments, they made us crack a smile because what they do....Again, I agree with what your saying. 2016 wasn't so bad.... We're still here...

I see what your saying. For me personally I think the "value" people put on entertainment is ludacrist. What it costs to go to sports events or movies. It crazy.

I guess I look at it this way. There are entertainment people who give back to charities. There are also a lot who just slap their name on one to look good. Or even go as far as to charge charities to make an appearance. It's not them doing this I have a problem with it's the hero worship people give them for doing it That bugs me.

I'll use Donald trump for an example. Ust because the election is so recent. DT runs an empire. He has made millions. But he creates jobs. Gives back to the economy with more then just his own spending power. He puts his money to work by reinvesting it. He also runs charities. That help people who need help.
But ask the "average" person anymore and they will tell you that DT is a crook and an evil person who dosnt add anything of value. Lots would latterly dance and celebrate if he were to die. And I've seen lots of social media post with people saying they wish he had died instead of various other famous people. No matter who someone is. That's a horrible stand point to take.

Now let's compare that to a "tyipical" entertainment celeberty. (I'm not going to single out anyone specifics but ust generalize)
So person stars in a movie or makes music. They become popular more often than not because someone else influential says they are awesome. They contribute entertainment yes. And their own personal spending but that's it. Very view invest to grow or better the countries that make them rich very few give back other than slapping their name n some cause and more often then not that cause is a poorly researched Holier than thou project that makes them act like they are better than those who don't agree with said cause. So many seem to be out to get as much money for as little work then so many piss that money away on booze drugs or traveling the world and accomplishing very little.
But the "average" person worships these people. They act like they are saints who can do no wrong, they blindly follow them and everything they say or do ( until the next big in person comes along)

I just wish people would want more for their hard earned money. Or even stop everyone and then tho look at the big picture.

Of course looking back and my earlier post I realize one of my hopes for this year was to be less bitter and cynical of things I cannot control.

Made it a whole ten hours. Lol

mavrrrick
01-01-2017, 03:28 PM
Again.... I agree with what you say.....But there are 2 sides to a coin. Yes, DT does give jobs and gives to charity. However he has also fucked over so many people, the little guys, in business to make him more $$$. So 2 sides. People like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Garth Brooks.... All give generously to charities. Personally, if Garth Brooks died I'd be super sad, an entertainer whose music affected my life at a dark time and changed how I see life, through his music. Kinda corny, I know. But they do give back in there own ways. I'm by no means trying to defend Hollywood, but don't throw them all in the garbage. People are sometimes better than we think, and we don't always see what good they do behind closed doors. Hope I'm making sense, kinda getting lost here myself....lol

mavrrrick
01-01-2017, 03:36 PM
I like to see the good in people before I see the bad. JMO

Armen
01-01-2017, 03:40 PM
I'm betting she had a meltdown after that.

---

My 2016 was awesome and I have no complaints. Here's to 2017!!!

ZR
01-02-2017, 08:32 AM
^^^^

the wife and I were watching that train wreck live

she is a nasty piece of work

Yes she is.

ZR
01-02-2017, 08:32 AM
2016 also took William Christopher "Father Mulcahy" of M*A*S*H. He died Saturday at the age of 84.

R.I.P.

WTF
01-02-2017, 11:08 AM
watched that Leafs outdoor game yesterday.....great TV

loved seeing the groover-from-Vancouver come out after the 1st period and ripp off a few tunes (he schooled Mariah Carey and then some)....it was total Canadian awesomeness....never seen anything like that happen at a hockey game before

the team is super-young and make lots of mistakes...but holy shit can they ever skate

gone are the overpriced veterans who looked fucking lazy while raking in something like 8 million/year....replaced by literally kids....I mean I've got socks older than most of these guys....but man they just don't seem to give up

I like this coach Babcock....and the upper management team with Shanahan.....for the first time in probably decades it seems they're actually trying to build a young winner from the ground up

give it two or three seasons and these guys could be a serious contender

03svt
01-04-2017, 09:47 AM
Wish that BOSS Bill has would sell! Like many of the members I can't stop looking at it..

Bill do you want a notch t-top for the showroom?

ZR
01-04-2017, 10:31 AM
He was over here on Monday picking up his sled, chatted him up hard about it again. No way I trust myself to go see it in person..............ya he laughed at me when I said it.

ZR
01-04-2017, 11:07 AM
Boss just ok'd my time off next week for a few days riding in Quebec.........bring it!! ;)

5.4MarkVIII
01-04-2017, 12:05 PM
Can't catch a break. Spent the weekend fighting this damn cold. And this morning at a customers house I put my back out

Worse it's ever been.
Can hardly walk.

RedSN
01-04-2017, 12:15 PM
^^^nice warm bath would help

ZR
01-04-2017, 12:29 PM
Feel for you on the back, know it all too well.

Laffs
01-04-2017, 02:16 PM
Wish that BOSS Bill has would sell! Like many of the members I can't stop looking at it..

Bill do you want a notch t-top for the showroom?

Guess we found the answer to post #349

http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/showthread.php?2396-My-Shelby-s-new-home/page35

Harbinger
01-04-2017, 02:33 PM
Can't catch a break. Spent the weekend fighting this damn cold. And this morning at a customers house I put my back out

Worse it's ever been.
Can hardly walk.
I've gotten sick 2 times in December now im fighting off a sore throat again. I don't know whats going on. This weather is throwing my body off

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

92redragtop
01-04-2017, 02:34 PM
^^^nice warm bath would help

LOL

5.4MarkVIII
01-04-2017, 03:07 PM
Feel for you on the back, know it all too well.
Been out before but this is the worse yet.
Dr says I habe a bulged disk and pinched nerve.
Bed rest and pills that don't work.
I find the odd position I can be in for a short while that it's just a dull roar. As soon as I move it's shooting pains and my legs don't work so good.
Gonna be a rough couple days.

WTF
01-04-2017, 06:47 PM
looks like Presto is gonna be a real money-maker for the TTC

I've read that as of Jan 1st if the system is malfunctioning then the card holder walks through for free

went to the newly installed Presto gates this morning at North York Centre subway with my 3 week old card loaded with $300+

tried the first gate and it gave me a buzzer that sounded like you lost on the Price is Right

tried a 2nd gate and got the same thing

looked at the security guard manning the open walk through area and said "dude..there's $300 bucks on this card"

he said "I dunno man"

so I walked right by him and rode downtown for free

card worked fine at Union Stn on the way home

so I saved 3 bucks today

I hope this keeps up

ZR
01-04-2017, 07:41 PM
^ Money maker for sure.

baddbullitt
01-05-2017, 11:58 AM
It's been 3 years since I sold my Bullitt and I still get messages from the buyer about it. Today's was: What clutch is in it? So I answered: Center force dual friction, installed it when the car has about 140,000km on it. Then goes to ask when and what was the PN#.. Like I know?? But I did tell him I paid cash for it.. I hope that helped!!! I don't even remember the shop who did it!!! That was like 10 bloody years ago!!!
OK I feel better now.. lol

ZR
01-05-2017, 01:01 PM
^ Been through the same thing, first one was annoying (busting my butt two years later about why don't I have warranty paperwork on the sled battery I'd replaced the year or two before I sold it), second time got downright ridiculous as it went on and on and on about nonsense he was being told by a third party (in spite of the fact he admitted it ran as it should, a self procalimed genius said it was not set up properly). From here on forward, will play on I tossed all records out and can't remember / help.

ZR
01-06-2017, 12:20 AM
Breaking news..............boss just ok'd a few days off. Heading to Mont Laurier for three days sledding with my brother.
Now back to our regularly scheduled program. ;)

Old Fart
01-06-2017, 12:33 AM
That "boss" of yours is pretty cool!! lol

Ponyryd
01-06-2017, 12:55 AM
It's been 3 years since I sold my Bullitt and I still get messages from the buyer about it. Today's was: What clutch is in it? So I answered: Center force dual friction, installed it when the car has about 140,000km on it. Then goes to ask when and what was the PN#.. Like I know?? But I did tell him I paid cash for it.. I hope that helped!!! I don't even remember the shop who did it!!! That was like 10 bloody years ago!!!

Lol, my response would be quick, "no idea man, I tossed all my records from that car, good luck with it though" click.

Scrape
01-06-2017, 08:54 AM
That would be my line. "Sorry I have no idea. STFU!" LMAO!!

Lol, my response would be quick, "no idea man, I tossed all my records from that car, good luck with it though" click.

newbiestangowner
01-06-2017, 09:09 AM

That would be my line. "Sorry I have no idea. STFU!" LMAO!!

you guys are bad- whatever happened to post sales support?? even if its a few years later :sarcasm:

ZR
01-06-2017, 09:12 AM
In my case, genuinely like to help but it became ridiculous.

IanGTCS
01-06-2017, 10:13 AM
Found an earring my wife lost 4 years ago. We had looked everywhere in the house and assumed it fell out outside and was long gone. Turned out to have fallen into a gift bag that we were about to use.

I understand wanting to help if possible, but sometimes it gets crazy. Sold my wifes old civic for less than $500 (dealer was going to give $300 on trade in) to a guy who kept texting about getting a copy of the timing belt replacement receipt. It had been done (at ~270,000 km it would have eaten a valve if it hadn't) but she couldn't find a copy of that bill. I eventually blocked the guy, and with the price he paid for the car if he gets a year out of it he can't complain.

5.4MarkVIII
01-10-2017, 10:38 PM
Had an interesting discussion regarding bullying tonight. I learned something. It's apparently no bullying if your picking on someone of a better social position or higher position of power than you are.

I was shocked by this but apparently it's a thing. So if you fell the need to pick on someone it's okay as long as that person is from a rich family or in a position of authority.

And believe it or not I'm pretty sure this person has kids.

92redragtop
01-10-2017, 11:14 PM
Had an interesting discussion regarding bullying tonight. I learned something. It's apparently no bullying if your picking on someone of a better social position or higher position of power than you are.

I was shocked by this but apparently it's a thing. So if you fell the need to pick on someone it's okay as long as that person is from a rich family or in a position of authority.

And believe it or not I'm pretty sure this person has kids.

LOL which dictionary did they find that in?

5.4MarkVIII
01-11-2017, 12:11 AM
No idea. This was their belief and they were having non of me trying to convince them other wise.
"Because bullying is about an imbalance of power so if someone has more power than you then it's not bullying.
I was like what do you mean more power than you and they said "like more money or a position of power like president"
You can guess how the conversation started.
So I said so if someone has money or a good position in life then they can't be bullied. And they said yes that's true by the very definition of bullying.......

92redragtop
01-11-2017, 12:39 AM
Bare boobs on CBC - when did this start?

TheMustangShow
01-11-2017, 02:20 AM

http://wpmedia.news.nationalpost.com/2015/08/clxmfteuaaalpi7.png?w=620

Probably with the election of the FAR-Left Prime Minister, he doesn't mind topless selfies with SJWs, so tits on the State Sponsored Propaganda Service (CBC) is probably no big deal now. :)

RedSN
01-11-2017, 08:31 AM
I literally just turned on the TV to that. Our home entertainment system was down, so we reverted to OTA and -bam!- boobs on TV!

Laffs
01-11-2017, 09:47 AM
Hasn't it been that way for a while? Pretty sure the Canadian networks kept me afloat as a teen when the internet went out.

RedSN
01-11-2017, 10:05 AM
^^^you might be thinking of City TV's "Blue Nights", or "Fashion TV", or "20 Min Workout", LOL.
not CBC

92redragtop
01-11-2017, 11:24 AM
I literally just turned on the TV to that. Our home entertainment system was down, so we reverted to OTA and -bam!- boobs on TV!

Yeah - a new sitcom on CBC started out their first episode with 3 sets of bare breasts....not complaining, just surprised that it's primetime and CBC. We're so uptight about this stuff but maybe slowly relaxing?

Uncle Buck
01-11-2017, 01:45 PM
Hmm does this mean the Hot Babe Thread gets a new policy?

ZR
01-12-2017, 08:00 AM

Pics or it didn't happen. :)

Armen
01-12-2017, 08:15 AM
http://www.leftlanenews.com/dodge-announces-challenger-srt-demon-93945.html

More powerful than the Hellcat, the Demon will debut at the New York Auto Show.

Dodge will introduce a new variant of the Challenger SRT named Demon at the New York Auto Show. The company promises the model will be even more extreme than the Hellcat.

Technical details are few and far between. All we know at this point is that the Challenger Demon will most likely take the power crown from the 707-horsepower Hellcat. It could also receive a performance-tuned version of the Challenger GT's all-wheel drive system, though nothing is official at this point. Regardless, Ford's next Shelby GT500 has a powerful new opponent to battle for muscle car supremacy.

"Most cars attempt to be everything to everybody. Then there are the rare few that revel in a single objective, rendering them totally irresistible to a subculture. The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is conceived, designed and engineered for a subculture of enthusiasts who know that a tenth is a car and a half second is your reputation," explained Dodge boss Tim Kuniskis.

Dodge's announcement was accompanied by a teaser video (embedded below), but enthusiasts hoping to learn more about the Challenger SRT Demon will be deeply disappointed. Luckily, the flick is only the first chapter in a short video series that promises to highlight the Demon's development process. A new installment will go live every week until Dodge's next muscle car makes its official debut in the Big Apple.

RedSN
01-12-2017, 09:54 AM
Pics or it didn't happen. :)
It's a canadian show on CBC. Nobody recorded it.

ZR
01-12-2017, 10:05 AM
LOL

RedSN
01-12-2017, 10:18 AM
if I find a pic ....can I post it?

92redragtop
01-12-2017, 10:46 AM
It's a canadian show on CBC. Nobody recorded it.

You and I and the pre-air reviewers may be the only people who saw it.

ZR
01-12-2017, 11:00 AM
I thought CBC's viewer numbers had jumped to a full dozen?

92redragtop
01-12-2017, 11:56 AM
I thought CBC's viewer numbers had jumped to a full dozen?

Yeah but there's a daily quota for viewers so Don and I were it for Tuesday night. The other 10 viewers had to watch CPAC.

ZR
01-12-2017, 11:58 AM
^ Quoted for truth.

Not4you
01-12-2017, 03:41 PM
What show was this? Schitt's Creek?

RedSN
01-12-2017, 04:03 PM
Working Moms.

https://www.thestar.com/content/dam/thestar/entertainment/television/2017/01/10/workin-moms-bares-the-truth/workin-moms.jpg.size.custom.crop.1086x635.jpg

Opening scene had these three talking about the shape of their boobs. Then the camera panned down....

TheMustangShow
01-12-2017, 04:18 PM
Working Moms.

https://www.thestar.com/content/dam/thestar/entertainment/television/2017/01/10/workin-moms-bares-the-truth/workin-moms.jpg.size.custom.crop.1086x635.jpg

Opening scene had these three talking about the shape of their boobs. Then the camera panned down....

Saw the Commercial for that show and even with the confirmation of Mom Titz, that show looks abysmal and hopefully Canadian Taxpayers get a reprieve from paying for this bullshit, sooner than later. The CBC needs to be shuttered forthwith.

Canadian Combat Veterans and our Elderly are struggling, the wait times for Medical Services is a joke and the Radical-Left Liberals are pouring money into their Media Service. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/liberals-pledge-675-million-in-cbc-funding/article29354285/

Time for the FED GOV to get OUT of the Entertainment and Biased New Business.

Intmdtr
01-12-2017, 06:41 PM
Saw the Commercial for that show and even with the confirmation of Mom Titz, that show looks abysmal and hopefully Canadian Taxpayers get a reprieve from paying for this bullshit, sooner than later. The CBC needs to be shuttered forthwith.

Canadian Combat Veterans and our Elderly are struggling, the wait times for Medical Services is a joke and the Radical-Left Liberals are pouring money into their Media Service. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/liberals-pledge-675-million-in-cbc-funding/article29354285/

Point in case, was blown up in Afghanistan in '07.....been threw lots of BS since...finally applied for my veterans affairs disability in May 2016, and still have not received any type of settlement yet....but according to VAC, they paid out more then 85% of their claims for last year.

92redragtop
01-12-2017, 07:24 PM

Well now these Liberals are feeding us bare boobs on the TV on your dime.

TheMustangShow
01-12-2017, 07:37 PM
Point in case, was blown up in Afghanistan in '07.....been threw lots of BS since...finally applied for my veterans affairs disability in May 2016, and still have not received any type of settlement yet....but according to VAC, they paid out more then 85% of their claims for last year.

Total BS!
I looked after some Veteran Affairs issues for my Father when he was still alive, utilizing my Power of Attorney, and had to be very persistent.
After he died, I was involved again to secure some of the survivor benefits for my Mother and they are not an easy Ministry to deal with, when considering who they serve, they should be the easiest to deal with.

Thank you for your service and hope things improve with your issue.

jibbijib
01-14-2017, 11:32 PM
I'm thinkin bout trackday bro

CDNfyrfytr
01-15-2017, 12:44 PM
Slow cooker chili, a couple beers and football playoffs[emoji106]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170115/4070c3cf82cbd6afda23bec47ea276c1.jpg

Uncle Buck
01-16-2017, 09:49 AM
My insurance went up 15% in 2017 due mostly to a minor speeding ticket I received in Sept 2015.

Insurance companies usually have a one accident forgiveness policy but not for a speeding ticket.

So you can total a car and your rates don't change but don't get tagged over the limit a few kms.

I don't get it.

ZR
01-16-2017, 10:57 AM
^ Not right for a driver that is otherwise squeaky clean.

True Blue
01-16-2017, 02:39 PM
An old co-worker of mine having his 15min of fame... 20 million views, was on City News last night and went into BT this morning.

http://www.citynews.ca/2017/01/15/gta-construction-worker-busts-move-ariana-grande/

RedSN
01-16-2017, 03:58 PM
LOL, that's pretty funny.

Ray721
01-17-2017, 05:49 AM
Night shift is FUCKING BRUTAL!!! 9:00pm-9:25am [emoji43]

RedSN
01-17-2017, 10:30 AM
when did google street view add augmented reality?
has anybody tried that on a mobile devise? I street viewed an address on my i-pad, and as the i-pad moved so did the view. So i street viewed my house and went outside. So cool!

edit: huh, can't seem to get it to do the same thing on my iphone.

Laffs
01-17-2017, 10:37 AM
http://www.autoblog.com/2017/01/16/magnum-pi-ferrari-308-gts-tom-selleck-auction/

Live the dream...

ZR
01-19-2017, 10:00 AM
Finally moving past this latest round of flu bug, yay team.

mavrrrick
01-19-2017, 10:16 AM
Question: how does president Obama go into presidency being worth 1.3 million and come out with the POTENTIAL net worth of 242 million??? The President's salary is $400,000 + all the perks. How...How...How.

TheMustangShow
01-19-2017, 10:33 AM
Question: how does president Obama go into presidency being worth 1.3 million and come out with the POTENTIAL net worth of 242 million??? The President's salary is $400,000 + all the perks. How...How...How.

That's an estimate of what he could be worth, a number put on his Potential Future Earnings and that number includes earnings from his wife, who is also an Icon of the FAR LEFT. Obama is already is a New York Times Best Selling Author and has made around 10 millions selling books and as a relatively young retired Potus, he has lots of Books left to write about the different flavours of Koolaid, and there is talk he may become a TV producer too.
He is very popular with Hollywood, who are in the same Fairly Tail business as the Obamas.

More info here: http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/obamas-leave-white-house-multi-millionaires/2017/01/18/id/769145/

RedSN
01-19-2017, 10:34 AM
Obama's (current) net worth is about $12.2 million. First Lady Michelle Obama's net worth is about $11.8 million.

Those numbers could go up significantly once the Obama's leave the White House - one recent study by American University showed the 55-year-old former President could earn up to $242 million in the coming years.

I assume that future earning prediction comes from public speaking engagements? I dunno. It's a made up prediction.

edit: beat by TMS

I also heard Michelle has already been offered a HUGE book deal.

mavrrrick
01-19-2017, 10:35 AM
WOW!!!

92redragtop
01-19-2017, 06:43 PM
That's pretty typical for past presidents.

Armen
01-19-2017, 07:36 PM
Obama is a great speaker and that's gonna get him some gigs for sure - I'm guessing more gigs than GWB. :D

tulowd
01-20-2017, 08:36 AM
Mr. Trump aka Mr. President:

On the day of your inauguration as the 45th POTUS, on behalf of all Canadians, I would like to welcome you and your family into the White House. You have a massive and complex task ahead, all of which is going to be challenging and demanding. Repairing some of the fractured components of your people and country, while moving it ahead into the 21 century with all its complex local and global situations, is a monumental and staggering task.

Sincerely wishing you all the support needed from all political stripes and spectra, hoping that the common goals and virtues of American ideals and freedoms are able to flourish and move ahead. By the people, for the people......all the people....show those who disagree that you can make all of America great again.

Respectfully Hopeful,

Me

ZR
01-24-2017, 07:57 AM
Thoughts and prayers go out to my sister inlaw Anita.

Stephen06GT
01-24-2017, 08:51 AM

Thoughts and prayers for Anita.

Scrape
01-24-2017, 09:20 AM
Thoughts and prayers for Anita.

baddbullitt
01-24-2017, 09:48 AM
Prayers sent!!

On a completely different topic. I start a new job on Monday..... Said goodbye to the bad news, kool-aid drinking life of trucking safety, and said hello to the wonderful world of Reach truck operator!! No more office politics, no corporate bullshit, no desks or computers and no more whining drivers.. Just good old fashioned hard-ish work!! A Reach truck, a hand full of orders and a big ass warehouse!!!

ZR
01-24-2017, 09:50 AM
Thanks Mark.
Congrats on the new gig, closer to home?

baddbullitt
01-24-2017, 09:53 AM
Thank you good sir.. Yes it's in Brantford so half the distance as Cambridge.. So I save a bit on fuel as well.. No more Hwy 6.. B ut I will moss their fuel prices..lol

RedSN
01-24-2017, 09:54 AM
congrats Mark!
school me on what a "Reach" truck is?

baddbullitt
01-24-2017, 09:57 AM
It's just like a stand up counterbalance forklift, but on a reach truck the forks extend outwards... They are for working in racks mainly..

RedSN
01-24-2017, 10:10 AM
When did Tapatalk start doing e-mail notifications for "likes"? Aarrgh!

mavrrrick
01-24-2017, 10:18 AM
^^^LOL

Old Fart
01-24-2017, 10:33 AM
Prayers sent!!

On a completely different topic. I start a new job on Monday..... Said goodbye to the bad news, kool-aid drinking life of trucking safety, and said hello to the wonderful world of Reach truck operator!! No more office politics, no corporate bullshit, no desks or computers and no more whining drivers.. Just good old fashioned hard-ish work!! A Reach truck, a hand full of orders and a big ass warehouse!!!

Congrats Mark!!

baddbullitt
01-24-2017, 10:41 AM
Thank you Mike!!! :)

allicedout
01-24-2017, 10:44 AM
Congrats Mark and good luck!

RedSN
01-24-2017, 10:47 AM
It's just like a stand up counterbalance forklift, but on a reach truck the forks extend outwards... They are for working in racks mainly..

That look like a fun toy!

https://media.giphy.com/media/WTJuG126ESjHW/giphy-downsized-large.gif

92redragtop
01-24-2017, 10:56 AM
^^^You know there are a bunch of "fail" videos out there on this - Mark don't be in one of those ;-)

Congrats Mark!

- - - Updated - - -

Best wishes for Anita.

Blackmare
01-24-2017, 12:09 PM
Sending good thoughts Anita's way Rick.

Congrats on the new gig Mark. Hope you enjoy it. Back on the job hunt myself.

Blackmare
01-24-2017, 12:16 PM
When did Tapatalk start doing e-mail notifications for "likes"? Aarrgh!

I think you can turn those off Don. When you open tapatalk, you should see a person icon on the far right. Select that and go down to settings. Then select "Push Notifications". Under "Notify Me When Someone" - deselect what you don't want push notifications for.
Go back one screen and under Settings select "Email Notifications". Under "Email Me When Someone" deselect what you don't want email notifications for. Select "Save".

Hope that helps buddy.

Scrape
01-24-2017, 12:42 PM
That is awesome news Mark! Congrats!
Prayers sent!!

RedSN
01-24-2017, 12:45 PM
Hope that helps buddy.
Yeah, did that. Still get notifications. So i created an e-mail rule to trash anything from Tapatalk. Then I deleted tapatalk. What a useless app.
Seriously, what does tapatalk do, other than ask you "do you want to use tapatalk" every time you log onto a forum using a mobile device?
Tapatalk reminds me of this guy.....from Office Space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4OvQIGDg4I

Harbinger
01-24-2017, 12:52 PM
Yeah, did that. Still get notifications. So i created an e-mail rule to trash anything from Tapatalk. Then I deleted tapatalk. What a useless app.
Seriously, what does tapatalk do, other than ask you "do you want to use tapatalk" every time you log onto a forum using a mobile device?

You hit the nail on the head ! I'm so tired of tapa talk harassing me when I try to use my browser

Blackmare
01-24-2017, 12:53 PM

LMAO!!!

Stephen06GT
01-24-2017, 01:25 PM
Congrats on the new job Mark.

mavrrrick
01-24-2017, 02:21 PM
i don't mind the notifications.....only way i can keep up with whats going on.

92redragtop
01-24-2017, 03:47 PM
Best wishes for Anita.

I don't know why one posting was appended to the other.

IanGTCS
01-25-2017, 09:16 PM
I too found tapatalk way too annoying to keep using. Maybe if I'd spent more time messing with it I'd have been happier, but I found using the mobile sites easier. And I really didn't like the way it seemed to add random stuff I'd look up to a feed. I don't own nor will I ever own a 2002 focus, I don't want to get notifications about them because I looked something up for a guy at work when his car had some issues.

Just put a new hard drive in my PS4 and it is in the middle of restoring my old settings. No more "your drive is too full to install this game" after this.

baddbullitt
01-26-2017, 10:42 AM
I hate it when I wake up in the morning and there's no coffee.... Good thing I have Espresso shots for my Nespresso..lol.. 7 or 8 of'em should wire me up before I go shopping for some food and beer!! :)

92redragtop
01-26-2017, 02:15 PM
I hate it when I wake up in the morning and there's no coffee.... Good thing I have Espresso shots for my Nespresso..lol.. 7 or 8 of'em should wire me up before I go shopping for some food and beer!! :)

Butler called in sick again?

baddbullitt
01-26-2017, 02:49 PM
Butler called in sick again?

Yeah it's hard to find good help these days!! LOL..

Picked up some food so MrsBB can have a nice meal waiting for her when she gets home from Montreal tonight. Got some wine and a few Bill Braski's.. Got a hair cut so I look presentable for MOnday (Not that a haircut will help but you know) lol

Picked up 30lbs of dog crap in the backyard, cleaned the house (Not Polish clean though) lol Chemical'd the hot tub.. So now some tunes and a cold Stella for my work!! Beer always tastes better after running around!! I might even break out the Mesa and the Gibson and tear out a few riffs....

ZR
01-26-2017, 05:13 PM
Thanks to the folks at Markham Stouffville Hospital for looking after me so well today.

Old Fart
01-26-2017, 05:14 PM
:fb:

RedSN
01-26-2017, 05:16 PM
M/S hospital is the best one I have ever been in. Very well run and organized, pleasant staff.

ZR
01-26-2017, 05:32 PM
Been there a few times, yet to run into anyone that hasn't been pleasant n genuinely seems to care.

mavrrrick
01-26-2017, 06:11 PM
Ummm...You ok??

ZR
01-26-2017, 06:33 PM
Ongoing issue with a clot in my rt leg.

mavrrrick
01-26-2017, 07:31 PM
Keep an eye on it!!!! Don't like them clots!!!

ZR
01-26-2017, 07:36 PM
Yea can't say I'm a fan of em either.

ZR
01-30-2017, 06:46 PM
Ground I lost on previous meds, current ones have made up for and then some. Finally moving in the right direction and hell yes it feels freakin awesome. When I started with this Oncologist - Internal medicine specialist, told me to hang in n don't get discouraged, we'll figure out which one works for you, he was dead on the money. Now we just need more time to pass while he monitors the progress.
Life is good.
:)

Stephen06GT
01-30-2017, 07:43 PM
^^Excellent news.

Old Fart
01-30-2017, 08:24 PM
:fb:

Blackmare
01-31-2017, 09:49 AM
Awesome news Rick!

Not4you
01-31-2017, 11:48 AM
Great to hear Rick!

RedSN
01-31-2017, 01:39 PM
Press secretary Sean Spicer began his daily briefing with news that the president had offered Prime Minister Justin Trudeau his country’s condolences, prayers and any law-enforcement help Canada might need. “It’s a terrible reminder of why we must remain vigilant. And why the president is taking steps to be proactive, not reactive,” Spicer said Monday.
I guess that means stopping young white canadian males from entering the USA?

ZR
01-31-2017, 11:29 PM
What a shiat show Trumps created at the US border.

92redragtop
01-31-2017, 11:57 PM
How to be a Banana Republic in 10 days.

Harbinger
02-01-2017, 12:22 AM
Trump is a rich entitled prick. Cant believe he is running the USA. God help us all.

03svt
02-02-2017, 03:01 PM
Ordered some parts out of the USA for my pinball machine on the 20th, guy kept telling he'd ship them off in a day or so, paid 50$ for express shipping to make sure I got the parts in time for the boys to come over Sunday for Super Bowl.. went so far as to send me shipping notifications Monday so I wouldn't cancel the order, said it was being picked up that day. I called Tuesday shipper didn't send tracking #... yesterday I finally had enough of the B.S told him I was filing a dispute with visa to get my money back... he then tells me not to bother he will refund me the money.. we will see about that I guess! Totally lied that it had been shipped the asshole.

So Wednesday afternoon I start the search again! Found a place in Hamilton that has a huge inventory apparently, left 3 messages (no call back) got a hold of a woman who said she was just doing some paperwork and would call me back (again no call back) called twice today and they aren't answering the phone lol..

One company holds my money for 2 weeks, the other doesn't want my money at all!

Stuart
02-02-2017, 03:24 PM
Trump is a rich entitled prick. Cant believe he is running the USA. God help us all.

Trudeau is a rich entitled prick. Cant believe he is running Canada. God help us all.

Harbinger
02-02-2017, 03:44 PM
Trudeau is a rich entitled prick. Cant believe he is running Canada. God help us all.
Agreed as well

jibbijib
02-02-2017, 04:00 PM
I'm ready for California.

Harbinger
02-02-2017, 04:23 PM
We should all move there. No snow no salt. No need for a peasant winter beater

RedSN
02-02-2017, 04:33 PM
I hear you get used to the earthquakes.

stangstevers
02-02-2017, 04:49 PM
Skype meeting and then poof... everyone turns all pixelated. Prob should use Gotomeeting or something instead.

Armen
02-02-2017, 04:50 PM
And they no longer adhere to the First Amendment.

92redragtop
02-02-2017, 04:51 PM
I hear you get used to the earthquakes.

Track helmets will come in handy when worn indoors at all times just in case.

RedSN
02-02-2017, 05:04 PM
speaking of track helmets and indoors....... when is go-kart day?

CDNfyrfytr
02-02-2017, 05:50 PM
Went for a hike today...those 2 morons in charge of North America haven't ruined that yet.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170202/6e6157484b2575f0584f4ede039e27f9.jpg

92redragtop
02-02-2017, 06:09 PM
Went for a hike today...those 2 morons in charge of North America haven't ruined that yet.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170202/6e6157484b2575f0584f4ede039e27f9.jpg

Patience Yago....

Stephen06GT
02-02-2017, 09:07 PM
speaking of track helmets and indoors....... when is go-kart day?

I'm working on it. Stay tuned.

IanGTCS
02-02-2017, 09:18 PM
Not paying attention to road conditions I clipped the back of a stopped stake truck at 5km/h with my winter car today. No damage to him at all, I just hit the bars at the back that keep you from going under whole truck, but I need a new hood and headlamp. Do I drive further and pay more for a colour matching one or the local wrecker that has ones that are different coloured and cheaper? Probably the second. Guy got out of his truck, saw the no damage to his truck and said "You cool if we just say nothing happened?" Yes, yes I am.

SVOMACH1
02-02-2017, 09:23 PM
Glad you weren't hurt. Sheet metal can always be replaced.

CDNfyrfytr
02-03-2017, 04:16 PM
From my hike today along part of the third Welland Canal.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170203/fcde6e4287e27d7d54f42f4572d9b201.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170203/26d00b5b6ee1c5dc64ed5884ca7abf95.jpg

mavrrrick
02-03-2017, 09:12 PM
Do we get discounts at DaSilva?

ZR
02-07-2017, 10:25 AM
Flipping scum bags, call from Royal Bank, someone has run up a huge bill on my CC down in Florida.
With any luck the prick comes into contact with this bad boy.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05_01/AlligatorALAMY_468x311.jpg

Screw
02-07-2017, 11:01 AM
^^pain in the ass

ZR
02-07-2017, 11:10 AM
Taken up nearly two hours of my time this am.

Jack Raccoon!
02-07-2017, 11:17 AM
I've had it happen, twice. One debit card, one CC. I don't debit anything. Reimbursed both times, but still a PITFA..

92redragtop
02-08-2017, 12:29 AM
Taken up nearly two hours of my time this am.

How come it took that long - have had it happen a few times but only took about 15-20 minutes to resolve it.

You stay at a Trump Hotel in the past couple years? Or InterContinental? Trump had 2 separate data hacks and IC had one, so did Hilton. Home Depot? TBH could have happened anywhere but likely somewhere they took your card away from you (non-chip restaurant or full service gas station, etc).

ZR
02-08-2017, 06:13 AM
I use it fairly reg at Home Depot but otherwise has never left my sight. Kept getting bounced from person to person then onto the fraud dept. Seems at least one genius involved used it to pay court costs in Florida plus a number of just under 1k purchases across the US and a couple of airline tickets.

Armen
02-08-2017, 07:51 AM
Just flew home from Florida. Had to take care of some bills down there, but it's all done and it didn't even dent MY cheque-book.

:)

ZR
02-08-2017, 08:11 AM
^ Good to hear it all worked out.

RedSN
02-08-2017, 01:30 PM
what's going on in Alberta?

The incident in #PincherCreek is ongoing. No further information is available at this time.
We ask that the public avoid police activity and do not disclose police location and activity. #PincherCreek

RCMP are warning the public to stay clear of the southern Alberta town of Pincher Creek due to an unspecified emergency that has forced the closure of schools, the town office and recreation facilities

ZR
02-08-2017, 01:48 PM
RCMP asked the public not to disclose where the police are or what they're doing on social media.
Both the town and the RCMP warned people to stay away from police activity.

Laffs
02-08-2017, 02:38 PM
Man with a gun barricaded in near a school apparently. Possible hostage situation.

ZR
02-09-2017, 10:51 PM
Not good at all.

ZR
02-09-2017, 10:51 PM
Boss told me to take the day off Friday............who am I to argue?
Sledding here we come, do dah, do dah.

55 HD
02-10-2017, 10:05 PM
All I can say is Global warming is not in Bancroft. there is a ton of snow to go with the cold weather. I like it none the less so not complaining here.

Screw
02-11-2017, 02:57 AM
Hell of a ride across the 401 to Montreal + 3 hrs to commute due to snow and traffic , white knuckle moments
Funny in the shiatty snow the big rigs were blowing by us in the left lane , fair weather quite opposite.....drink time !

ZR
02-11-2017, 08:31 AM
You can thank the "I don't need snow tires" crowd John. Took me just over 3hrs from Barrie home last night. Sure it was snotty driving but no good reason to be doing 10-25 kph on the hwys.

The Newmare
02-13-2017, 08:28 AM
Today would have been Doug Shaw's birthday,thinking of him today.........

ZR
02-13-2017, 08:31 AM
Was thinking the same earlier this am.

Laffs
02-14-2017, 03:25 PM
Julian Edelman is winning the internet today

https://twitter.com/Edelman11/status/831578476582936576

Screw
02-15-2017, 12:25 AM

ZR
02-15-2017, 07:52 AM
Boss told me to take the day off Friday............who am I to argue?
Sledding here we come, do dah, do dah.

Almost starting to like this guy, said the same about today. :fb:

IanGTCS
02-15-2017, 08:05 AM
^Get it in now, going to get warm this weekend. I'm pretty glad I didn't buy a sled this year, my buddies who did only got to use them for a couple of weeks in December and they've been sitting in their yards since.

jibbijib
02-15-2017, 11:15 AM
I'm not a fan of this jaded attitude toward Valentine's day. It's an important day to me, despite not ever having anyone to share it with. But I never want to become jaded and say it's overrated just because I haven't experienced it with a significant other yet.

The martyr who's the reason behind the day was desicrated for loving someone, hence why should it be so bad to celebrate his intention hundreds of years after the fact?

Sure it may just be another day, but were all human and we want to love someone. So I think Valentine's day aint so bad.

mavrrrick
02-15-2017, 08:54 PM
I got engaged on Valentine's day. But it's a bit of a cash cow??

ZR
02-15-2017, 10:10 PM
^Get it in now, going to get warm this weekend. I'm pretty glad I didn't buy a sled this year, my buddies who did only got to use them for a couple of weeks in December and they've been sitting in their yards since.

Just gotta chase the snow each n ever chance you get.
Getting some serious miles in on mine.

Laffs
02-16-2017, 11:50 AM
Think I have to break my Grandfathers heart. Apparently someone at the golf course he spends winters at down in Fla offered him a chance to buy a low miles 90's E320 convertible that belonged to their mother for "best offer" He said 5 grand (guess he just took a shot in dark) and someone else offered $6200 and took it. Asked me if he missed out on a good deal, I looked up values for them on Hagerty, of course is a $20something thousand dollar car....ugh, guys wanted a Merc convertible for as long as I can remember being a human. Hoping I can spin it that maintenance would be a killer on those cars...

RedSN
02-16-2017, 12:05 PM
...ugh, guys wanted a Merc convertible for as long as I can remember being a human.
Feel bad for him, but if I came across my dream car (1965-67 Tiger), I would probably offer more than $5k.

Laffs
02-16-2017, 12:11 PM
Feel bad for him, but if I came across my dream car (1965-67 Tiger), I would probably offer more than $5k.

Well his "dream car" is the 300SL roadster lol, I just feel bad because if he had called me first he would have gone in at 7-8k but he "didn't want to bug me"

RedSN
02-16-2017, 12:32 PM
A good grandson would prepare a laminated cue card for his wallet with a list of classics and their prices. :thumbsup:

mavrrrick
02-16-2017, 06:38 PM
Hope someone can tell me. Going Sunday to pick up new BFG Sport comp 2 tires , production year is 2015. Getting them for $750 + TX. Any concerns about 2015 production, I think great price? Input please.

92redragtop
02-16-2017, 06:58 PM
Everyone should know this right?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/smPWDGT-VFs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

92redragtop
02-16-2017, 07:04 PM
Hmmmm....

‘Soak the rich’ federal budget could be coming soon, says Rosenberg
JOSH O’KANE
The Globe and Mail
Published Thursday, Feb. 16, 2017 1:34PM EST
Last updated Thursday, Feb. 16, 2017 1:35PM EST

Gluskin Sheff + Associates chief economist David Rosenberg says he has been hearing whispers that the federal Liberals will table a “soak the rich” budget in the weeks ahead – one that includes a steep hike in the tax rate on capital gains.

Mr. Rosenberg said in his morning note that the capital-gains inclusion rate could rise to 75 per cent from the current 50 per cent, which has been the rate since 2000. Returning the rate to that level, combined with the most recent uptick in the top marginal personal income tax rate, would mean that Ontario investors would pay as much as 40 per cent tax on capital gains.

Such a move by the Trudeau government to draw more revenue into federal coffers would take Canada in the opposite direction as the United States, Mr. Rosenberg said, noting that “the implications for the Canadian dollar is decisively negative, not to mention the deflating effect on asset values.”

He continued: “It is a classic move to make everyone poorer, cloaked under the veil of redressing income inequality.”

Earlier this month, Bank of Montreal chief economist Douglas Porter said in a research note that his team is “fielding plenty of questions” about an increased capital-gains rate.

“We have no specific indication or information that Ottawa is seriously considering such a change ... other than to note that [the Department of Finance] is casting about for revenues, they are taking a long look at all so-called tax expenditures, and this government seems to have few qualms about taxing the ‘rich’.”

Mr. Porter offered a similar stance to Mr. Rosenberg: “Don’t do it,” he wrote.

Not4you
02-16-2017, 11:13 PM
So does anyone know the guy that was on the radio this morning doing some dating thing? The girl on the date was saying how she had nothing in common with the guy, that he just liked to take his car to the racetrack and hang out at Tim Horton's on Friday nights with other car guys ...

Screw
02-17-2017, 07:12 AM
^^ must own a Mustang ;)

Old Fart
02-17-2017, 10:21 AM
Everyone should know this right?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/smPWDGT-VFs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great story!!

MUSTANGWOP
02-17-2017, 01:12 PM
So does anyone know the guy that was on the radio this morning doing some dating thing? The girl on the date was saying how she had nothing in common with the guy, that he just liked to take his car to the racetrack and hang out at Tim Horton's on Friday nights with other car guys ...
You looking for a hook up Matt, lol

92redragtop
02-17-2017, 04:44 PM
Great story!!

Pretty simple too when looking at his story.

mavrrrick
02-17-2017, 08:48 PM
Hope someone can tell me. Going Sunday to pick up new BFG Sport comp 2 tires , production year is 2015. Getting them for $750 + TX. Any concerns about 2015 production, I think great price? Input please.

Opinions? Please?

ZR
02-17-2017, 10:11 PM
So long as the deals good enough, don't see a problem.

mavrrrick
02-17-2017, 10:34 PM
So long as the deals good enough, don't see a problem.
What about 2015 production year...Non issue?

WTF
02-18-2017, 10:30 AM
just got Jodi's little hotrod hand washed in and out...looks absolutely mint

hasn't looked like that probably since December with all the shit weather

gonna be a nice couple of days.....lots of BBQ.....and a fridge full of cold beers

03svt
02-18-2017, 12:54 PM
Why did I drink so much last night.....ugh.

baddbullitt
02-18-2017, 06:17 PM
Why did I drink so much last night.....ugh.

Cause it seemed like a good idea at the time!! :)

I've turned into a lightweight recently!! A few beers and I'm cooked!! lol [emoji23]

Finally I'm a cheap date!! Haha [emoji23]

03svt
02-18-2017, 07:06 PM
Cause it seemed like a good idea at the time!! :)

I've turned into a lightweight recently!! A few beers and I'm cooked!! lol [emoji23]

Finally I'm a cheap date!! Haha [emoji23]

Defiantly seemed like a good idea...

newbiestangowner
02-21-2017, 09:59 PM
Thinking of making the call to the insurance company tomorrow- winter beater is leaking a lot of oil on the driveway, maybe a bit too early to bring her out :shrug:

IanGTCS
02-21-2017, 10:16 PM
Had the stang out today for a bit. So much more fun than the impreza, and I actually like the impreza. Really makes me want to turbo the impreza over the summer for a little more winter fun.

Laffs
02-22-2017, 11:28 AM
Had the stang out today for a bit. So much more fun than the impreza, and I actually like the impreza. Really makes me want to turbo the impreza over the summer for a little more winter fun.

First commandment of winter cars is "Thou shalt not add forced induction to thine N/A winter car unleasth thou wishes to have to purchase another winter car"

TheMustangShow
02-22-2017, 12:07 PM
First commandment of winter cars is "Thou shalt not add forced induction to thine N/A winter car unleasth thou wishes to have to purchase another winter car"

LoL!

Harbinger
02-22-2017, 12:10 PM
Stang is coming out for this week

mavrrrick
02-22-2017, 12:52 PM
Can't do Harbinger...To much salt residue still.

Laffs
02-22-2017, 02:20 PM
Ya, people here ahd a "cruise/meetup" over the weekend. The roads and parking lots are still coated in white residue, this answers the question of how all those "never winter driven cars" end up with salt.

Harbinger
02-22-2017, 05:17 PM
Didnt notice much white residue. Rain took most of it out and my car is krowned

Harbinger
02-22-2017, 05:23 PM
Most people dont even rust proof their cars

IanGTCS
02-22-2017, 06:28 PM

Well my dad is looking to replace his impreza, so I could have an 04 and an 05 at the same time. And I really have been looking for that third car...

As for having the stang out, I have it krowned yearly and drive it in the winter when the roads are clear and the weather is nice. End of the day it is just a car, and I'd rather drive it and enjoy it than keep it as a garage queen.

Harbinger
02-22-2017, 06:57 PM
Well my dad is looking to replace his impreza, so I could have an 04 and an 05 at the same time. And I really have been looking for that third car...

As for having the stang out, I have it krowned yearly and drive it in the winter when the roads are clear and the weather is nice. End of the day it is just a car, and I'd rather drive it and enjoy it than keep it as a garage queen.
Touche!

mavrrrick
02-22-2017, 07:41 PM
If all goes well, I'm targeting March 20 so it's on the road for my birthday. 👍

mavrrrick
02-22-2017, 07:42 PM
Took cover off him today...hmmmmmm

TheMustangShow
02-22-2017, 07:52 PM
Didnt notice much white residue. Rain took most of it out and my car is krowned

It takes 3 or 4 rainfalls to wash all the shit away they put on the road and a spinning tire throws, said shit, up into places you can't even see on a car.

Harbinger
02-22-2017, 07:53 PM
Dont care krowned and wash it regularily

mavrrrick
02-22-2017, 07:58 PM
How about them Leafs...

Harbinger
02-23-2017, 12:25 AM
How about them Leafs...

Leaves get run over by the awesomeness of my mach

Scrape
02-23-2017, 08:26 AM
I believe he is referencing the Toronto maple leafs.

RedSN
02-23-2017, 09:56 AM
I believe he is making a joke

Laffs
02-23-2017, 10:05 AM
Yay, woke up and my eyes are fucked, again. Sick of this fuckin merry go round.

mavrrrick
02-23-2017, 11:19 AM
^^^that sucks..Whats going on??

Laffs
02-23-2017, 11:59 AM
Something called Uveitis in both my eyes, they put me on steroid drops and pills, works to get it uder control for a little bit then it fucking comes right back. Blurriness.idstortion, absolutely terrible night vision.

Wearing massive reading glassses right now just to try and make out the numbers on the screen. Sorry for the rant but fed the fuck up with everything right now, this has been going on since August 2015 and has just fucked with basically every aspect of my life.

mavrrrick
02-23-2017, 12:21 PM
Wow...Sorry to hear...Really shitty. 😖. Is there nothing else they can do?

RedSN
02-23-2017, 12:21 PM
Oh man, just read up on it, it sounds horrible. Sorry to hear about that.
I don't like anything messing with my eyes, i don't even like eye drops. I can't imagine...

mavrrrick
02-23-2017, 12:28 PM
Just read up to....Man...So sorry you have to go through this shit!! 😖