PDA

View Full Version : Post whatever is on your mind!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96

True Blue
08-07-2017, 01:00 PM
Thanks Rick n Ross for doing a mobile service out of the Ram , appreciate you taking the time out of your day . Thanks

Holy shit John, where the hell have you been?

ZR
08-07-2017, 01:28 PM
Thanks Rick n Ross for doing a mobile service out of the Ram , appreciate you taking the time out of your day . Thanks

Your always welcome John, not like you haven't saved my butt a couple times with furnace n AC. With any luck fix was just that simple brother.

92redragtop
08-07-2017, 09:18 PM
Been on holidays with friends this week.

Worked Monday and tuesday got yelled at by customers because I was taking holidays.
Then put my back out helping one of said customers.
Was suppose to be off Wednesday to pack. Ended up not getting everything done needed to before I left because my buddy's showed up 2.5 hours later than I expected. Then I had to go to work on my day off for another of those angry customers.

Woke up Thursday am on the day we were suppose to leave to a flat tire in the tent trailer. Had to get a new rim.
Drove without incident to Barry. Got on the Hwy and everything was fine till we got passed by a huge truck and the wash sent the trailers into a bad sway. Took everything I had the get it back under control without crashing. All the while my buddy was freaking out and kept feeling the need to tell me their were still swaying until I yelled at him. "I know it's swaying I'm trying to get it under control" and to shut the fuck up and let Me concentrate.
Stopped at a hitch place in Barrie and got lucky but had to drop $150 on a trailer sway arm

Due to my back we left the bikes at home. And Hiking with it was brutal.
My buddy changed his mind last min and didn't want to canoe or kayak because he didn't want to get wet.
We took the boat out but nothing in the lake was marked on a map or in person and blew my brand new prop apart hitting a rock.
Baybied it back to shore only to find out when we hit the rock it also blew a seal out of the hydrolic trim.

Drove all the way into town (1 hour plus)
Got a new prop. Put it on everything seemed fine till we put the boat back in the water and started the boat. Put it into gear to a loud bang and grinding. Pulled it back out and realized that diameter and pitch were right but the rake was wrong and under load the prop hit the upper trail adjuster in the stern drive. In about .5 seconds destroyed prop number 2.

Decided screw it let's go fishing from the shore. Caught a snag and when I flipped the rod back to try and pop it free my brand new rod exploded.

Pulled out my spare rod and promptly knocked my takle box off the culvert I was standing on. it crashed down in some rocks breaking the lid and sending half the lures flying never to be seen again

Now it's raining again and I'm so fucking glad we are driving home tomorrow.

Hopefully we make it in one piece

Ouch, sounds like your next vacation should be in your basement.....

5.4MarkVIII
08-08-2017, 07:50 AM
Made it home in one piece. Today is un pack and clean everything then repack. Tomorrow we are headed up to murphys point untill Sunday.
Hoping this week is better than last

ZR
08-08-2017, 08:11 AM
^ Mind over matter

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/16/24/33/1624337bcdeb2a68a63d535b7faf266f--weed-jokes-weed-humor.jpghttps://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/16/24/33/1624337bcdeb2a68a63d535b7faf266f--weed-jokes-weed-humor.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d4/db/57/d4db57b125d61ca860fc002753e9f6e7--smoke-weed-medical-marijuana.jpghttps://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d4/db/57/d4db57b125d61ca860fc002753e9f6e7--smoke-weed-medical-marijuana.jpg

Scrape
08-08-2017, 08:25 AM
Back at work today after a week off. Sigh...

RedSN
08-08-2017, 10:25 AM
Your always welcome John, not like you haven't saved my butt a couple times with furnace n AC.
Same here. I don't think John realizes sometimes how much his services are appreciated. Probably because of a lot of shitty clients (people suck), but he's greatly appreciated here.
:clap2:

Harbinger
08-08-2017, 05:12 PM
Mach 1 is going up for sale by the end of the month if anyone is interested

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Ghost Rider
08-08-2017, 07:06 PM
Been on holidays with friends this week.

Worked Monday and tuesday got yelled at by customers because I was taking holidays.
Then put my back out helping one of said customers.
Was suppose to be off Wednesday to pack. Ended up not getting everything done needed to before I left because my buddy's showed up 2.5 hours later than I expected. Then I had to go to work on my day off for another of those angry customers.

Woke up Thursday am on the day we were suppose to leave to a flat tire in the tent trailer. Had to get a new rim.
Drove without incident to Barry. Got on the Hwy and everything was fine till we got passed by a huge truck and the wash sent the trailers into a bad sway. Took everything I had the get it back under control without crashing. All the while my buddy was freaking out and kept feeling the need to tell me their were still swaying until I yelled at him. "I know it's swaying I'm trying to get it under control" and to shut the fuck up and let Me concentrate.
Stopped at a hitch place in Barrie and got lucky but had to drop $150 on a trailer sway arm

Due to my back we left the bikes at home. And Hiking with it was brutal.
My buddy changed his mind last min and didn't want to canoe or kayak because he didn't want to get wet.
We took the boat out but nothing in the lake was marked on a map or in person and blew my brand new prop apart hitting a rock.
Baybied it back to shore only to find out when we hit the rock it also blew a seal out of the hydrolic trim.

Drove all the way into town (1 hour plus)
Got a new prop. Put it on everything seemed fine till we put the boat back in the water and started the boat. Put it into gear to a loud bang and grinding. Pulled it back out and realized that diameter and pitch were right but the rake was wrong and under load the prop hit the upper trail adjuster in the stern drive. In about .5 seconds destroyed prop number 2.

Decided screw it let's go fishing from the shore. Caught a snag and when I flipped the rod back to try and pop it free my brand new rod exploded.

Pulled out my spare rod and promptly knocked my takle box off the culvert I was standing on. it crashed down in some rocks breaking the lid and sending half the lures flying never to be seen again

Now it's raining again and I'm so fucking glad we are driving home tomorrow.

Hopefully we make it in one piece

That sucks man!!

Although, nothing will be marked on maps for lakes, you need to get certified marine charts and even then...be careful ask the locals before you head out kinda thing...at least by the sounds of (blew prop apart) it was aluminum I'm guessing? Could have been a lot worse with a SS, not only are they expensive but you usually end up with damage to the outdrive as well...

Burned through a few props in my day...puts a damper on things for sure...but could have deff been worse :)

ZR
08-08-2017, 11:10 PM
Same here. I don't think John realizes sometimes how much his services are appreciated. Probably because of a lot of shitty clients (people suck), but he's greatly appreciated here.
:clap2:

Yes Sir, exactly my point. John saved my bacon huge, least I could do is fix up his summer ride. Not enough good peeps out there like him.

RedSN
08-09-2017, 12:54 PM
Survived lunch ...despite almost being run-over .....twice.

Markham drivers :facepalm:

92redragtop
08-09-2017, 10:03 PM
Thanks to John (Screw) as well for organizing some expertise to resolve a water leak from our furnace's drainage hoses. I was over in England last week/on the weekend and contacted him about the issue which had re-appeared and worsened, and he arranged for someone in the area to come out and fix the issue on short notice.

03svt
08-10-2017, 10:03 PM
Not sure what I did to piss off somebody upstairs (if they exist) 2 weeks ago helped an elderly man who had fallen on my street, found him while out for a walk.. went home and got my truck to drive him home.. next morning I had a flat tire (he fell near new homes being built)

last week I'm cleaning the garage after the wife and kids went to bed so I went to push the mustang instead of starting it and waking up the Neighbourhood, little tough to push I though one of my daughters toys went under the tire, I have a peek annndddddd you guessed it, flat tire #2

leant my brother my truck so he had to pick me up from the office, came out and he said sorry nothing he could do, look up and the windshield is cracked, big fucking rock decided it needed to find my windshield and crack it.

F me, but I think I'll stop swearing for a week and see if my luck changes..

CDNfyrfytr
08-10-2017, 10:28 PM
A little evening fishing on the Niagara River. Only got a few, but 2.5 hours out on the water was good enough for me.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170811/b15e580aa7e48d259ce1b7d0597253e0.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170811/653442364d3b9778a3fae98a9f99653a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92redragtop
08-10-2017, 11:30 PM
Got this nice email via LinkedIn tonight - the sender was a college student who worked at Canadian Tire part-time while trying to complete her law program (legal clerk) and to get out of retail and into the legal field. She always had a pleasant and positive attitude and was easy to talk to while cashing out or returning stuff I over-bought over the course of a couple years. People have interesting stories so it's great to interact/talk to people who are willing to have a real 2-way conversation (I'm sure this is an oxymoron) and learn about their lives. I'm sure she will pay it forward in the future.

Hi Richard,

I just wanted to reach out to you to thank you for doing your best to help me grow from a Canadian Tire Cashier to a Law Clerk.

Thank you for being more than just a customer, and seeing me for more than just a cashier.

Hope you are well.

S******

ZR
08-11-2017, 06:53 AM
Survived lunch ...despite almost being run-over .....twice.

Markham drivers :facepalm:

Look buddy, I did apologize

RedSN
08-11-2017, 08:26 AM
I'm sorry too. I didn't realize you were going to run that red light. But thanks for honking your horn.

tulowd
08-11-2017, 08:26 AM
The Mustang Show and I took out my buddies 89 Fox, which he has owned since new. Total anti thesis to my build, it's a black notch, still 4 lug but with 17's and big Baer Brakes all around.......and a 625 hp N/A EFI 427 with Brodix alum heads ported by Kuntz and Co. These things flow 343 and 225 cfm!!

Car has drag oriented shocks and springs and a manual valve body setup on the auto, along with a 2.73 gear. Couch, with an afterburner.
That burnt orange C6 vette looked like he shifted into reverse lol.

Totally rowdy and sounds great.....a ten second street car once it gets some traction, and maybe more gear.... lol.

NickD
08-12-2017, 05:42 PM
Back to square one on my car search and frustrated, last Monday I went up to visit Bill at heritage (awesome guy) and thought I bought a new Ecoboost premium mustang in lightning blue. Turns out the last two available were both sold but not updated in the system. I don't want base and not sure if it's worth waiting for the 18s and they will be priced higher. Everything I like is above what I want to spend and saving for a house is a bigger priority then having a new truck. Sorry just needed to vent my first world problems as I've been depressed and frustrated all week.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

RedSN
08-13-2017, 01:44 PM
Double post

RedSN
08-13-2017, 01:47 PM
This shit is just going to get worse in the States

https://i.cbc.ca/1.4245578.1502632195!/cpImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/16x9_620/aptopix-confederate-monuments-protest.jpg

newbiestangowner
08-13-2017, 06:48 PM
Thanks to CDNfyrfytr, and WidowrRacing for organizing the Niagara cruise. It was a good time :cheers:

CDNfyrfytr
08-13-2017, 07:33 PM
Thanks to CDNfyrfytr, and WidowrRacing for organizing the Niagara cruise. It was a good time :cheers:

Anytime! Turned out to be a great day! Next time earlier and more twisty roads[emoji6]

Thanks to WidowrRacing for getting it all started!

ZR
08-13-2017, 07:38 PM
You guys rock.

CDNfyrfytr
08-13-2017, 07:58 PM
Also thanks to Biz for bringing all the RS and ST guys. Those little cars are rockets!

Old Fart
08-13-2017, 08:50 PM
Love the smell of racing fuel in the morning!! Attended the drag race weekend in Earlton, ON.

https://youtu.be/ubKrs5Zohew

Sorry...still can't get videos to show other than link.

5.4MarkVIII
08-13-2017, 09:21 PM
Feels like life is just people ignoring all the good you do but eager to jump the minuet you do something wrong.

Even if that "wrong" is stuff they deal to you on a daily basis. The minuet you return the favour your instantly the bad guy.

ZR
08-13-2017, 09:45 PM
Love the smell of racing fuel in the morning!! Attended the drag race weekend in Earlton, ON.

https://youtu.be/ubKrs5Zohew

Sorry...still can't get videos to show other than link.

Very cool, assume at the Earlton Airport? Been sledding by there a whole buncha times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubKrs5Zohew&feature=youtu.be

ZR
08-13-2017, 09:46 PM
Feels like life is just people ignoring all the good you do but eager to jump the minuet you do something wrong.

Even if that "wrong" is stuff they deal to you on a daily basis. The minuet you return the favour your instantly the bad guy.

It can easily seem that way.

Screw
08-13-2017, 10:11 PM
Hats off to 2 TTC drivers who assisted with the return of a lost item , took the time to fill out a compliment on-line & hope they get the positive feedback.

Old Fart
08-13-2017, 10:17 PM
Very cool, assume at the Earlton Airport? Been sledding by there a whole buncha times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubKrs5Zohew&feature=youtu.be

Yep...Earlton Airport. Thanks for the video help!

92redragtop
08-13-2017, 10:17 PM
This shit is just going to get worse in the States

https://i.cbc.ca/1.4245578.1502632195!/cpImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/16x9_620/aptopix-confederate-monuments-protest.jpg

That's a terrorist attack and should be charged as such.

92redragtop
08-13-2017, 10:29 PM
Anytime! Turned out to be a great day! Next time earlier and more twisty roads[emoji6]

Thanks to WidowrRacing for getting it all started!

Great day out today - I think it was the first real long drive with my car this summer. Thanks to you both for putting the plan together.

ZR
08-14-2017, 07:22 AM
Yep...Earlton Airport. Thanks for the video help!

Cool spot, trail follows boundary on three sides.

Old Fart
08-14-2017, 09:24 AM
^^^ I didn't know that, cool.

ZR
08-14-2017, 09:57 AM
Coming N from NewLiskeard, meet up with the SW corner and head East then North along that side and turn West along the North side n cross the road over by the tower and into the field.
Always get a kick outta chatting it up with the guy who runs the little gas station at the Hwy or restaurant next door.
For years we stayed at the Auberge Country Inn (fancy name for a not so fancy spot, lol) enjoying the hospitality of Frank and his wife but since he's semi retired and has a manager, place is not the same.
A shame so many places we used as destinations for gas, food etc have fallen by the wayside. Some real characters running the former Butler Lake truck stop (anyone having visited there will remember bit tits n tiny tits, LOL), amazing transformation after sitting closed for a few years only to see it close once again over a gas dispute with the powers to be. Broke our hearts to see Kim's Place close over in Charleton. Kim worked her butt off cleaning that place up and putting it back on the map but just not enough business to keep it going and finally sold and is operating a chip truck. Again, awesome people. Haven't been up that way in three years but heard pizza place over in Elk Lake (former sled dealer location) does a decent job of things. Never make a trip up that way without visiting Urs and his family at ElkReake Lodge, talk about peeps that go the extra mile, dude works himself way too hard.

03svt
08-17-2017, 03:40 PM
Can't stop laughing!

http://m.tmz.com/#!article/2017/08/17/red-sox-photographer-first-pitch-balls/

RedSN
08-17-2017, 06:24 PM
At least he got a good picture.

WTF
08-18-2017, 05:41 PM
it pays to talk to the front line guys doing work on your street

you find out wtf they're doing....and if you ask nicely...you might just get a break

about 2 weeks ago buddy is spray painting lines up and down the street...gas, water etc......so I ask him why he's doing the whole street....he tells me..."for the fibre"

ok...so were getting fibre optic on my street...cool

walking home earlier this week and the crew is going full beans.....BUT.....I notice they're installing green boxes on the front lawns on my side of the street (I've got the sidewalk and blvd)...and they're on the homeowner side of the sidewalk not the blvd

so my OCD is already going nuts.....I don't want this fucking thing on my lawn.....yeah yeah it's only a 1ft square plate level with the lawn...but I still don't want this fucking up my nice lawn

went down for a workout....and came upstairs and noticed one of the worker's trucks right in front of my place

shoes on in 2 seconds and out to have a chat

it was the same dude who spray painted all the lines.....he was on his computer logging/mapping things out

told him "I notice you're putting all these green boxes on the front lawns"...he says yeah.....so I asked "do you put them on every lawn"

he said "No"

so I simply asked him the question...."so.......what would it take to ensure that one of these boxes doesn't end up on my nice lawn?".......the look on his face made it obvious that I was getting one

I elaborated....said "dude....have a look...my lawn is mint....I take care of my stuff...the flowers are all nice....I got the nice concrete...is there anything you can do"....I asked him his name...introduced myself etc had a good chat

he says "you'd need to talk to the boss, I can't make that call...etc.....when it's installed you can call Bell and ask them to move it etc"

told him I need to work for a living like everyone else and I won't be around when " the boss" is there and asked if he could have a word I'd really appreciate it

that dude stayed in his truck for at least an hour in front of my place logging/mapping out things getting in and out of the truck eyeballing things....and I thought...this dude is the boss and he's re-mapping shit so they don't ripp up my nice lawn

bingo....the guy did me a serious solid...they're passed my house now and they didn't touch my beautiful lush green lawn

it pays to talk to the frontline guys

hope I see the dude again....I'd love to buy him a case of his favourite suds

RedSN
08-18-2017, 06:25 PM
So did the box end up on the monstrocity next door? ...please say it did, it would make this story epic

WTF
08-18-2017, 06:31 PM
So did the box end up on the monstrocity next door? ...please say it did, it would make this story epic

yup......

and they literally made more work for themselves because of the big city maple tree on their front lawn

tried on my side of the tree yesterday but too many roots and settled today in the other side of their tree

was very cool that they fuct up that place and not mine

Harbinger
08-18-2017, 06:35 PM
Karma rears its ugly head and you led it to the lawn beside yours haha

RedSN
08-18-2017, 06:37 PM
yup......

:party:

Ghost Rider
08-19-2017, 03:18 AM
Jesus...log on after a couple days and there's more threads about terror attacks than anything else...sad

03svt
08-20-2017, 12:45 PM
Cut the grass, vacuumed the pool, gave the patio a spray down... time for a cold one (or 3)

RedSN
08-20-2017, 01:03 PM
Doing the same.

Chilling on the patio with the cat and a beer.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Cottage/i-7Hx88KQ/0/72153d22/S/IMG_0098-S.jpg

mavrrrick
08-20-2017, 02:16 PM
Lost another great... R.I.P. Jerry Lewis.[emoji30]

CDNfyrfytr
08-20-2017, 02:21 PM
Doing the same.

Chilling on the patio with the cat and a beer.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Cottage/i-7Hx88KQ/0/72153d22/S/IMG_0098-S.jpg

Just left your neck of the woods. We were down in the county on Thursday before we picked our son up from CFB Trenton after his 2 week general training. I love going down to the county. So many beer and wine choices [emoji1303]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170820/142bafe1ca9c164c56e9437c1dcea00c.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170820/bc1631510b04a1ef573317c8ac84f6a4.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170820/341b00670fce577c35015a3798c7bac1.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170820/b1049d299446adf887dc844ed0274e6f.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170820/6864d1f29bd0b10642a8890019c5f1c4.jpg

RedSN
08-20-2017, 08:54 PM
Was at the Parson's brewery on Saturday. A trio of tacos and a pint of Westy (named after their Westfalia VW delivery van).

NickD
08-20-2017, 10:54 PM
Anyone that went on the dyno today at Dasilvas did you find your numbers off, I was hearing this from several people before I went on and I am thinking mine seem lower then expected as well so just seeing if temps etc played a difference today

allicedout
08-21-2017, 07:24 AM
Anyone that went on the dyno today at Dasilvas did you find your numbers off, I was hearing this from several people before I went on and I am thinking mine seem lower then expected as well so just seeing if temps etc played a difference today

What did the car put down? What were you expecting?

Stephen06GT
08-21-2017, 07:41 AM

Every dyno is different and every day on the dyno is different.

tulowd
08-21-2017, 11:32 AM
The PSP stroker in my car put down within 1 hp on 3 different DYNOJET s across a bunch of time with the old iron heads:

Redline Scarboro Sept 2010- 379

Steeda May 2013 378

DaSilva Aug 2013/14 don't recall lol 378

Revin High Aug 2014 315 (Mustang dyno)

I heard there was some recent software updates to make the Dynojets more accurate, as they typically read about 15% high vs reality/Mustang dynos.
A real precise way is to calculate power from trap speed and weight.

CDNfyrfytr
08-21-2017, 02:05 PM
Was at the Parson's brewery on Saturday. A trio of tacos and a pint of Westy (named after their Westfalia VW delivery van).

Picked up a bottle of that as well as a bottle of Jimi Pale Ale and a couple cans of the Crushable Pilsner. It's a cool little place.

ZR
08-23-2017, 08:15 AM
Great experience with Bell Fibe technician yesterday, dude really knows his stuff and got it done quick.

Old Fart
08-25-2017, 12:12 AM
I guess summer is over...first frost advisory issued!!

RedSN
08-25-2017, 08:24 AM
I won't lie, it's pretty chilly down south here too.
But frost? ...in August?
Timmins :facepalm:

Old Fart
08-25-2017, 09:14 AM
We made a new record...-0.2C . Coldest was -0.1C back in 1995.

RedSN
08-25-2017, 12:41 PM
Am I crazy for watching the eclipse today w no glasses? I've sungazed before and afterwards saw colors for a whole day. I didn't die tho

This ain't the first solar eclipse and I'm pretty sure our ancestors ain't have no fancy eyewear. Also pretty sure they ain't all go blind.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, my Cleveland, Chicago & Toronto shows on the #EverybodyTour are cancelled.

:facepalm:

miraculously....still alive.

WTF
08-26-2017, 06:59 AM
F1 Circus is in SPA this weekend

cars are fast

Kimi has a new track record in FP3

mavrrrick
08-26-2017, 02:46 PM
I'm jonesin man!!!

CDNfyrfytr
08-26-2017, 06:01 PM
Some steaks, some beer, a little fishing and a campfire[emoji41]. Repeat till Friday [emoji1303]

TheMustangShow
08-27-2017, 06:08 PM
Thoughts and Prayers sent to our friends in South Texas...looks like HARVEY is the most devastating Hurricane in US History.

FEMA already predicting a 5 year long response.

ZR
08-27-2017, 06:14 PM
Been watching news etc, horrible whats happening to them.

Laffs
08-28-2017, 12:46 PM
Just gave my notice to the job I have had most of my adult life, to completely change paths/industries. Feels weird man.

Stephen06GT
08-28-2017, 12:48 PM
Just gave my notice to the job I have had most of my adult life, to completely change paths/industries. Feels weird man.
Good luck with your new career path.

RedSN
08-28-2017, 12:53 PM
Braver than I. Good luck man!

Armen
08-28-2017, 12:56 PM
What were you doing and what are you gonna do now?

I envy you...

Laffs
08-28-2017, 01:17 PM
For all of my adult life I've worked in finance, my title now/previously was Office Manager so handling financial operations. Taking a leap to join my brother in the construction industry, going to be training to be an estimator/project manager. Step backwards in some regards but overall more growth potential and it's an industry that's always fascinated me. Guess we will see, been on fence about my career trajectory for years so it was either move now or lock in for the long haul.

RedSN
08-28-2017, 01:44 PM
cool!

how big is your brother's co?
commercial? residential?

Armen
08-28-2017, 01:44 PM
Good for you, man!

Did I mention I envy you..?

Harbinger
08-28-2017, 02:02 PM
Just did the same thing goodluck

Laffs
08-28-2017, 02:07 PM
cool!

how big is your brother's co?
commercial? residential?

It's a medium sized commercial roofing and metal siding outfit. He got in with them a few years ago and has skyrocketed up the ranks, now the GM and principal in one side of the business.

Good for you, man!

Did I mention I envy you..?

Thanks, not sure its enviable but I need a change in my life, and better to do it now before kids and the whole bit. Dunno what it means for the hobby but trying to not focus on that.

- - - Updated - - -

Just did the same thing goodluck

You too man, you too.

5.4MarkVIII
08-28-2017, 05:22 PM

I did a career change a few years back. it was one of the scariest things I have ever done. I did it just after my first son was born.
Looking back it was also one of the best decisions I have ever made.

Keep looking forward. And a good luck.

WTF
08-28-2017, 05:54 PM
good on ya Laffs

congrats

ZR
08-28-2017, 07:36 PM
Kudo's for making the move.

03svt
08-28-2017, 10:25 PM
Good for you Laffs, best of luck!

92redragtop
08-28-2017, 11:00 PM
Sounds like a great adventure Laffs - I'm sure you'll make your own success on this path.

Black Sheep
08-28-2017, 11:21 PM
all the power to ya

Laffs
08-29-2017, 08:48 AM
Thanks all!

Armen
08-29-2017, 05:01 PM
Did anyone know there is a Dasilva Racing customer appreciation track day at TMP on Thursday?

I had no idea...

newbiestangowner
08-29-2017, 05:31 PM
Did anyone know there is a Dasilva Racing customer appreciation track day at TMP on Thursday?

I had no idea...

this Thursday?? I thought it was September 07 when I checked then it changed to date to be determined

Armen
08-29-2017, 05:36 PM
this Thursday?? I thought it was September 07 when I checked then it changed to date to be determined

From Facebook...

Dasilva Racing Customer appreciation track day is this Thursday August 31st at Toronto Motorsports Park. Every customer is welcome to come, but must be on the mailing list. Hope to see everyone there!

ZR
08-29-2017, 06:06 PM
Joes customer appreciation day, yes it's this Thursday. My understanding, they mailed out an invitation.

Fall track day has been moved / just firmed up Oct 5 as the date.

92redragtop
08-29-2017, 06:15 PM
From Facebook...

Dasilva Racing Customer appreciation track day is this Thursday August 31st at Toronto Motorsports Park. Every customer is welcome to come, but must be on the mailing list. Hope to see everyone there!

I got the invite in the mail back in July I think. All customers should have gotten it in the mail if they have your info on file.

TheMustangShow
08-29-2017, 06:25 PM
A new layer of taxation for Quebecers, installed by their Left-Wing parasitic Provincial Gov.

http://www.bnn.ca/quebec-airbnb-reach-agreement-to-collect-tourist-tax-1.841958

IanGTCS
08-29-2017, 08:45 PM
I really wish that people had the ability to google what bolt pattern their car used before messaging me on kijiji. Or if you are going to ask me maybe, just maybe, include the year and trim.

Enjoy the career change Laffs, I've done a similar thing going from exploration geologist to landscape estimator. Not so much by choice initially when exploration dropped off a cliff, and when I started I was just the yard guy but they like to promote from within as much as possible.

Laffs
08-29-2017, 09:30 PM
Thanks man. I unlocked the Additional life bonus difficulty today. Whole neighbor hood went under water. Tried to get thru it until water went up to bumper of truck and bent it in. Had to abandon it and run ten blocks home thru flooded streets to start bailing out my basement. Which I finished drywall two weeks ago lol.

NickD
08-29-2017, 10:08 PM
Chris, I forgot about the track day too, I was intending on going to it, I got the letter in July and forgot about it until I found the envelope mixed in with other paperwork yesterday

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

newbiestangowner
08-29-2017, 10:17 PM
Chris, I forgot about the track day too, I was intending on going to it, I got the letter in July and forgot about it until I found the envelope mixed in with other paperwork yesterday

well if you don't attend this one there is one on Oct 05; plenty of time to book day off ;)

NickD
08-29-2017, 10:21 PM
well if you don't attend this one there is one on Oct 05; plenty of time to book day off ;)Was just going to try the strip on street tires and maybe go for some ride alongs.
Might try the October one

newbiestangowner
08-29-2017, 10:28 PM
Was just going to try the strip on street tires and maybe go for some ride alongs.
Might try the October one

yes try the oct one- I'll just be running on my continentals. I was actually going to call you to join me on one of those 4,5 till dusk runs( run what you brought) but got busy at work.

Armen
08-29-2017, 10:58 PM
Thanks man. I unlocked the Additional life bonus difficulty today. Whole neighbor hood went under water. Tried to get thru it until water went up to bumper of truck and bent it in. Had to abandon it and run ten blocks home thru flooded streets to start bailing out my basement. Which I finished drywall two weeks ago lol.

Sorry man. That's tough.

But your bonus life difficulty line made me laugh out loud.

Laffs
08-30-2017, 12:30 AM
Gotta (try to) laugh at it. Honestly more bummed about truck but not making a home and auto claim together so I'll live with bumper damage for now.

But honestly if anyone knows how to change the difficulty level to "rookie" let me know. And I tried up down up down left right left right a b start select already

Ponyryd
08-30-2017, 07:23 AM
^That sucks bud but big congrats on the new job/career change! I'm sure that's your bros truck I always see at moms place, in which case that's a pretty big company, should be a pretty secure place.

RedSN
08-30-2017, 08:37 AM
Gotta (try to) laugh at it.
You've got a good attitude. I can't imagine having to re-do drywall. I hate drywall.

Laffs
08-30-2017, 09:17 AM
^That sucks bud but big congrats on the new job/career change! I'm sure that's your bros truck I always see at moms place, in which case that's a pretty big company, should be a pretty secure place.

Yessir, thats it.

You've got a good attitude. I can't imagine having to re-do drywall. I hate drywall.

Trying not to think about.

RedSN
08-30-2017, 09:37 AM
Trying not to think about.
think pleasant thoughts, go to your happy place

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/4577049/happy-gilmore-dream-o.gif

03svt
08-30-2017, 04:43 PM
Sorry to hear Laffs... now my water issues seem pretty small.

Jumped in the pool last night and noticed I have water under the liner in the deep end, probably 3-4" in a few spots, have a leak detection company coming out to inspect/repair.

F n pool is two years old, thought I'd have more time with out bullshit problems.

92redragtop
08-30-2017, 06:06 PM
Sorry to hear Laffs... now my water issues seem pretty small.

Jumped in the pool last night and noticed I have water under the liner in the deep end, probably 3-4" in a few spots, have a leak detection company coming out to inspect/repair.

F n pool is two years old, thought I'd have more time with out bullshit problems.

Look at it this way - you could be having Texas-sized water problems so 3-4" probably isn't so bad.

03svt
08-30-2017, 07:46 PM
Look at it this way - you could be having Texas-sized water problems so 3-4" probably isn't so bad.

Fair enough.

Ponyryd
08-31-2017, 09:38 PM
Saw a Tesla SUV thingy in Windsor today, but it had California plates!!! Talk about a horrible car to take on a long trip.........

True Blue
09-01-2017, 05:35 AM
^^^ Saw about 5-6 in my area, I'm shocked to even see that many...

I also saw a couple of Maserati Levante around. Sharp looking SUV.

Ponyryd
09-01-2017, 06:56 AM
^Not a fan of the looks of Tesla, they look pretty bland and bloated, Maserati is very ugly but does have some class.
What I was saying is I can't believe the car came all the way from California since it only has around a 300-mile range......they woulda had to stop at charging station and wait hours for the car to charge before moving on.

Intmdtr
09-01-2017, 06:58 AM
^Not a fan of the looks of Tesla, they look pretty bland and bloated, Maserati is very ugly but does have some class.
What I was saying is I can't believe the car came all the way from California since it only has around a 300-mile range......they woulda had to stop at charging station and wait hours for the car to charge before moving on.

Unless they had Giant solar panels on the roof.....lol....jk.

But I am surprised they haven't come out with a solar charging wrap or panels on an electric car.

5.4MarkVIII
09-01-2017, 07:39 AM

But I am surprised they haven't come out with a solar charging wrap or panels on an electric car.

Solar dosnt currently give the output required to run an car. And to have large enough panels to effectively recharge they need would so heavy as to effect the range of the car your trying to recharge

Laffs
09-01-2017, 09:12 AM
Saw a Tesla SUV thingy in Windsor today, but it had California plates!!! Talk about a horrible car to take on a long trip.........

Could be Matt P from the 4playmotorsports days. Heard he's working for Tesla now in Cali.

Old Fart
09-01-2017, 09:28 AM
Hit another record...-2.6 C!!:facepalm:

Laffs
09-01-2017, 09:30 AM
http://windsorite.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/IMG_4145-640x480.jpg?x33372

Ya that's my Ram in the background....

ZR
09-01-2017, 10:21 AM
Crazy amount of water.

03svt
09-01-2017, 02:27 PM
Geez laffs...

Hope damage to the house isn't to bad.

Ponyryd
09-01-2017, 07:22 PM

I'm pretty sure someone has a solar roof, Toyota maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

Could be Matt P from the 4playmotorsports days. Heard he's working for Tesla now in Cali.

Man that name sounds familiar, been outta the game for so long I don't remember much, lol.

WTF
09-01-2017, 07:41 PM
http://windsorite.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/IMG_4145-640x480.jpg?x33372

Ya that's my Ram in the background....

wow

sorry that happened to you dude

IanGTCS
09-01-2017, 08:38 PM

Was reading in an article about the Cumins electric truck this week and with a normal transport trailer covered in solar panels it might produce enough energy to keep a reefer cool, if everything was already frozen. And that is with everything in ideal conditions. Real world with clouds, bad angles on the sun at times with a solar array that is fixed etc it isn't yet feasible. But with the constant improvements to solar and battery technology it probably isn't a total pipe dream.

Screw
09-02-2017, 08:22 AM
Frantic clean up for showings is a pain ....

Blackmare
09-02-2017, 08:31 AM
Don't miss those days Screw.

Screw
09-02-2017, 08:37 AM
went through this last week and it was a no show aka kijiji buyer wtf

Blackmare
09-02-2017, 08:39 AM
That blows. Hoping you find a buyer this time around.

IanGTCS
09-02-2017, 09:43 PM
^Oh kijiji. Knowing the frustrations of trying to sell small stuff I'm almost worried about what would happen with a house. Would you trade for a musty tent trailer, a 15 year old quad that "just needs a carb cleaning" and a set of Cleveland VAS irons? Were people actually able to find the house? I love the constant "Where are you located" questions.

Now I'm really curious about the types of messages you get when selling a house with a listing on kijiji.

Screw
09-02-2017, 10:18 PM
^^ no not a kijiji listing lol , wouldn't do that ... was my realtors customer which I was surprised left him sitting in the house for an hour and us walking the dogs , I was a little pissed , talked to a neighbor whose listed as well and he's been through same shiat .

TheMustangShow
09-02-2017, 10:28 PM
Never had an issue with Kijiji.

Glad it's around.

IanGTCS
09-02-2017, 10:47 PM
Buying, or interested in buying I've only had an issue once. Selling its more the constant low ball offers and weird trades that you get offered. And of course people who don't show up. Or ask questions that were clearly answered in your ad. Or ask "will those rims fit my car?" Well it would help if you told me what kind of car you have. And since the bolt pattern is listed as well as what they are from, and you are responding on some sort of internet connected device you could easily look that information up.

Yeah, have some rims listed, it has been annoying. One person really asked if they would fit their car without mentioning what kind of car they have.

ZR
09-04-2017, 10:02 AM
To anyone heading out to Pearson, striking workers saw it take us 2+ hours from the outer edge of the airport to pick up Kath yesterday. So what we were inconvenienced, not the end of the world. What did suck, watching seniors / clearly disabled peeps with baggage exiting vehicles and having to walk to make their flights. That part = fucking ridiculous.

ZR
09-06-2017, 10:59 AM
IT'S A MIRACLE larger than the Liberals being voted outta power.......... Braiden called, new track skinz for the Cobra are finally in. Ya doesn't sound like that big a deal unless you know I've been trying to get them since late March.

https://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/bfg/bfg_gforce_r1_pdpcrop.jpg

Intmdtr
09-06-2017, 11:08 AM
Nice

TheMustangShow
09-06-2017, 11:33 AM
IT'S A MIRACLE larger than the Liberals being voted outta power.......... Braiden called, new track skinz for the Cobra are finally in. Ya doesn't sound like that big a deal unless you know I've been trying to get them since late March.

https://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/bfg/bfg_gforce_r1_pdpcrop.jpg

Surprised you still did Business with them....

ZR
09-06-2017, 11:39 AM
If there was only other places to purchase them here.

RedSN
09-06-2017, 12:05 PM
IT'S A MIRACLE .... Braiden called, new track skinz for the Cobra are finally in.
Is that why track day was pushed back? ;)

ZR
09-06-2017, 01:01 PM
^ Not so much.

ZR
09-07-2017, 08:00 AM
Tires arrived yesterday. Installed and Road Force balanced by Scott at Joy City Tire. His attention to detail and absolute best in equipment is second to none!! Does your shop mount n balance your wheels with one of these? Easy to see how perfect it makes the wheel spin vs mounted via the hub only.

http://vikinggarageequipment.com/equipment-images/th.jpg

ZR
09-07-2017, 08:01 AM
Rear hubs for the Cobra are set to arrive today. Bring on the fall track day.

http://fulltiltboogieracing.com/images/FT_6550P-Plated_IRS_rear_hub.jpg

ZR
09-07-2017, 09:34 AM
Hell yes, hubs arrived this am. Seems when you want stuff on time n not looking like yer package went through the war (ok except for the dude they left on an island), FedEx FTW.

http://www.mytotalretail.com/thumb/?src=/wp-content/uploads/sites/14/2015/09/FedEx-truck.jpg&w=750

92redragtop
09-07-2017, 10:20 PM
Ugh, here we go....Canadians may be in the mix. The inside stock sellers should go to jail.

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/equifax-breach-exposes-143-million-americans-to-identity-theft/article36202933/?ref=http://www.theglobeandmail.com&

hsousa88
09-07-2017, 10:51 PM
On the hunt for a 13-17 accord v6 manual for the wifey... man are they hard to find used.

03svt
09-09-2017, 11:50 PM
Going to regret drinking so much in about 7hrs when my daughter wakes up... F me

5.4MarkVIII
09-11-2017, 09:07 AM
"I bought a dishwasher from you and you told me your installation fees were $115.
When my dishwasher came in, you were on holidays. I didn't want to wait until you got back for my dishwasher to be installed so I demanded that your girl behind the counter find someone else to install it for me. She did and they got it installed but the bill for their installation was more than what you said you charge.

That's unacceptable so your going to credit me the difference. "

I sure do love Mondays.

mavrrrick
09-11-2017, 10:26 AM
^^^^best bumper sticker ever.....The more people i meet, the more I like my dog!!! PRICELESS!! ^^^^

mavrrrick
09-11-2017, 04:26 PM
Wow.... customer service does still exist..... had a young man come and service my hot tub and he was outstanding!!! If anyone ever needs a gent to service their hot tub, I'd be more than happy to pass his number to ya.... one happy camper I am.
He's like ZR... treats ya well and doesn't rape ya!!! Lol

CDNfyrfytr
09-13-2017, 05:45 PM
Went to a luncheon where Chris Hadfield was the speaker today. Very interesting and funny guy. Also got his book and my son's ukulele signed! He was super happy when we gave it to him.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170913/c5643b73f198b729062e4d3c3a0a45ab.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170913/7f8fb5ab761d621ad56e0111fbf79843.jpg

RedSN
09-13-2017, 06:17 PM
He was the speaker at a conference my wife attended. She said the same thing.

RedSN
09-20-2017, 10:47 AM
In case you heard on the news this morning that they are spending $1.64M for a glass floor and to preserve an old sewer....
Here it is:
https://www.thestar.com/content/dam/thestar/news/gta/2017/09/19/city-of-toronto-considers-164m-glass-viewing-feature-for-1831-drain/st_lawrence_market_pipe.jpg.size.custom.crop.1086x 724.jpg

Suzanne Kavanagh, president of the St. Lawrence Neighbourhood Association, called the project a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to showcase Toronto’s heritage.
“We’ve got some naysayers walking around saying, you want to celebrate a pipe?” she said. “But there is a story to go with it.”
uummm, yeah.:hopelessness:
she's off her rocker.

NickD
09-20-2017, 01:44 PM
Driving to work this morning on the 407, fair bit of traffic and was in the left lane cruising with the speed of traffic. I look up and see a unmarked cop car right behind me, no idea how long he was there for, I look down and notice I'm doing almost 140. I try slowing down then think shit he hasn't pulled me over yet so speed up and move into the middle Lane, he keeps going, phew.. I let several other cars go ahead before I moved back over.

Armen
09-20-2017, 01:53 PM
He was prolly saying to himself, "Just 10 more... Just 10 more..."

92redragtop
09-20-2017, 03:14 PM
Driving to work this morning on the 407, fair bit of traffic and was in the left lane cruising with the speed of traffic. I look up and see a unmarked cop car right behind me, no idea how long he was there for, I look down and notice I'm doing almost 140. I try slowing down then think shit he hasn't pulled me over yet so speed up and move into the middle Lane, he keeps going, phew.. I let several other cars go ahead before I moved back over.

Close call....

RedSN
09-20-2017, 03:46 PM
140 in the left lane and holding up traffic.

#407cruising

Ponyryd
09-21-2017, 10:24 PM
^Booyah!

I got pinched last week for going 127.

- - - Updated - - -

Just noticed something weird, when I hit like on something, the like option goes away.......then the thread leaves from the "new posts" screen, this something to do with the update, or is it just me?

ZR
09-21-2017, 10:31 PM
Whole bunch of things changed with the V Bulletin update but it could also be the server lag we are experiencing. Scott is currently seeking out a new host, will move soon as we have a solid option.

Screw
09-21-2017, 10:32 PM
^same

WTF
09-22-2017, 08:24 AM
my little cutie-pie wife turns the big 5.0 today

it should be criminal how young she looks when the clock says she's 50

so....we both took the day off....and she is gonna get absolutely spoiled

this is gonna be fun

ZR
09-22-2017, 08:26 AM
^ Please say hi.

RedSN
09-22-2017, 10:28 AM
Happy Birthday J!

Blackmare
09-22-2017, 11:14 AM
Just noticed something weird, when I hit like on something, the like option goes away

Whole bunch of things changed with the V Bulletin update but it could also be the server lag we are experiencing. Scott is currently seeking out a new host, will move soon as we have a solid option.

^same

I think I found and installed a fix. Let me know if the thanks function/notification is working now. Seems good on my end.

Blackmare
09-22-2017, 11:18 AM
the thread leaves from the "new posts" screen, this something to do with the update, or is it just me?

The older version of vbulletin used cookie cache to see if you had read a post, and then is updated on a scheduled job run every few hours or so. The thread would still show up under new posts, but as read. The new version of vbulletin uses database tracking, so when you've read a post, the next time you hit new post, the thread is no longer in the list. Unfortunately, nothing I can do for users that preferred the old way vs. the new.

ZR
09-22-2017, 12:07 PM
Nice catch Mr.

hsousa88
09-22-2017, 01:00 PM
Getting a alignment done on the fox.. rear spacers going on too. Cruisin all weekend.

Old Fart
09-22-2017, 08:07 PM
The older version of vbulletin used cookie cache to see if you had read a post, and then is updated on a scheduled job run every few hours or so. The thread would still show up under new posts, but as read. The new version of vbulletin uses database tracking, so when you've read a post, the next time you hit new post, the thread is no longer in the list. Unfortunately, nothing I can do for users that preferred the old way vs. the new.

I much prefer the old style but I just right click to "open link in new tab" and still have the complete list of threads when I'm done.

ZR
09-22-2017, 09:28 PM
^ You and me to brother. Wish we could have stayed with older version but wasn't possible.

5.4MarkVIII
09-22-2017, 10:29 PM
Reading comments on articals and posts lately in regards to the increased taxes on incorporated business.

I'm floored by how many people actually think that business owners don't pay any tax.

I'm need to stop being so supprised by how many people just read something on the internet and assume it's true.

CDNfyrfytr
09-23-2017, 07:07 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170923/b858b701a388da17abdcdc56644d539c.jpg

F35 at the London airshow today. Was a great show, but I think we spent $20 just on bottled water. A tiny bit hot it was[emoji6]. I'd recommend it for sure and plan on going back next year.

RedSN
09-23-2017, 07:42 PM
Perfect weekend for it.

CDNfyrfytr
09-23-2017, 09:21 PM
It was. The heat was a little much but the sky was clear with only a bit of haze.

ZR
09-24-2017, 01:31 AM
I much prefer the old style but I just right click to "open link in new tab" and still have the complete list of threads when I'm done.

Click on Quick Links then hit todays posts.

ZR
09-24-2017, 05:40 PM
Got overheated out there today n don't feel very well.

Old Fart
09-24-2017, 05:44 PM
Easy to forget how hot it is out there, specially in September. Time to relax Rick!!

WTF
09-24-2017, 06:07 PM
hot as piss out there

True Blue
09-24-2017, 07:21 PM
Went for an early morning cruise in the Bullitt today, hit 26K in the old girl. Stayed indoors the rest of the day, no need to stay out in this crap.

5.4MarkVIII
09-24-2017, 07:44 PM
Got overheated out there today n don't feel very well.

Had a lot of work to but with this heat I said screw it and took the boat to the lake. Grand Bend was NUTS!

But water was nice, lake was flat and most of the boats were moored up by the beach so lots of room to play.

Nice to have one last hurra, boat is going in tomorrow to be winterized and stored.:hopelessness::hopelessness:

RedSN
09-25-2017, 03:54 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/95/fd/8c/95fd8ca4fc579177bdf05db2b49c94d1.gif

RedSN
09-28-2017, 12:38 PM
Star Trek - The Next Generation

30 years old this week.

Ghost Rider
09-28-2017, 01:01 PM
Star Trek - The Next Generation

30 years old this week.

Did you watch the pilot of the new series on Sunday?

if so, what did you think?

RedSN
09-28-2017, 01:02 PM
DVR.
don't spoil it.

5.4MarkVIII
09-28-2017, 05:54 PM
DVR.
don't spoil it.

The guy in the red shirt dies.

RedSN
10-03-2017, 02:40 PM
if so, what did you think?
Too many subtitles! What happened to the universal translator!?

RedSN
10-03-2017, 02:44 PM
"Now, I hate to tell you, Puerto Rico, but you've thrown our budget a little out of whack because we've spent a lot of money on Puerto Rico and that's fine. We've saved a lot of lives."
Oh good grief. That's what you tell a 5-year-old that just put a grilled cheese in the VCR, but you still love them anyway.

TheMustangShow
10-03-2017, 03:12 PM
Oh good grief. That's what you tell a 5-year-old that just put a grilled cheese in the VCR, but you still love them anyway.

Keep hatin', only another 7 more years and you can start slaggin' PENCE46. :)

newbiestangowner
10-03-2017, 10:34 PM
amg e55 w210 ain't no joke, no driver mod needed but that thing just keeps pulling away on a rolling merge on a hwy in mexico; not bad for a 15+ yr old car. No wonder he was smiling when we were at the light lol.

WTF
10-04-2017, 07:10 PM
soooooo fucking sick of Desmond Cole and all his race-baiting cop-hating bullshit

dude needs a serious punch in the chops

Laffs
10-05-2017, 08:52 AM
amg e55 w210 ain't no joke, no driver mod needed but that thing just keeps pulling away on a rolling merge on a hwy in mexico; not bad for a 15+ yr old car. No wonder he was smiling when we were at the light lol.

W210? Those shouldnt be that fast, just an NA 5.5 from the boys at Affalterbach pushing mid 300s. Now the w211, those supercharged unit are no joke and with mild mods have put the hurt on many a confident opponent.

newbiestangowner
10-05-2017, 06:26 PM
W210? Those shouldnt be that fast, just an NA 5.5 from the boys at Affalterbach pushing mid 300s. Now the w211, those supercharged unit are no joke and with mild mods have put the hurt on many a confident opponent.

thats what I was thinking - maybe he switched it out cause I ain't gonna lie - my pedal (may) have touched the floor board bottom of 4th and he continued to pull away. w210 came with the square back e55 amg no?

True Blue
10-07-2017, 07:50 AM
Hit the 1 year mark with my mistress :)

https://s20.postimg.org/yn5dn97al/pic.jpg

Blackmare
10-07-2017, 08:53 AM
Wow, clean notch!

hsousa88
10-07-2017, 04:36 PM
Sweet notch!

Great day for a cruise.. I’m loving these tires.

ZR
10-07-2017, 05:19 PM
Good to hear your enjoying it Hugo.

Stephen06GT
10-07-2017, 06:29 PM
Would like to know your feelings of the Nitto 555 Gen2's.

92redragtop
10-07-2017, 08:35 PM
Not sure if anyone has been watching but there have been 2 of 4 episodes of this series aired so far (next part is tomorrow October 8). I think you can watch the first two episodes, Spring and Summer online but if you have a chance to view on an HD channel there is some great footage of Canada's landscape and wildlife.

The Wild Canadian Year (on The Nature of Things)

http://www.cbc.ca/wildcanadianyear/about/

http://www.cbc.ca/wildcanadianyear/episodes/series-preview/spring

http://www.cbc.ca/wildcanadianyear/episodes/series-preview/summer

Screw
10-07-2017, 08:35 PM
Mobile interior guy ( Invisible Touch) fixed up an eyesore on my wife’s Rav, pretty cool how he basically duplicates pattern with a brush . Patience needed tedious shiat .

ZR
10-07-2017, 10:07 PM
You have pics John?

IanGTCS
10-07-2017, 10:08 PM
Went to change pads and rotors on my Impreza today. First side went fine, other side one slider was seized. Couldn't get it out, going to the wreckers first thing tomorrow to grab one. Luckily the local wrecker always has a good selection of Subarus.

ZR
10-08-2017, 08:32 AM
To anyone considering Nitto Invo`s, do yourself a solid and put that thought 110% out of your head. The most distinguishing tire Ive ever driven on for traction (dismal in the dry / ridiculous in the rain), yes even with virtually 100% tread.

http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv240/dachiefwva/tires/DSCF1467-1.jpg

hsousa88
10-08-2017, 09:57 AM
That bad eh Rick? That sucks man.

ZR
10-08-2017, 10:42 AM
Not on mine, car I'm driving for a bit.

Armen
10-08-2017, 10:55 AM
Curious... What are the pressures set at?

RedSN
10-08-2017, 11:00 AM
Yes, more details please. I’ve been impressed with every Nitto tire I’ve ever owned.

What car, what size, how old are the tires, tread depth?
Just curious as to what would have made the tire so “dismal”. I’d be surprised if they were like that from new.

Edit: almost 100% tread.

Stephen06GT
10-08-2017, 11:30 AM
4 years old on a 2005 Mustang GT. Pressure set at about 30psi. Not sure of the sizes.

IanGTCS
10-08-2017, 12:08 PM
I've seen a few up at Mikes on Mud

Pic n' save always seems to have a few and is the closest to me. Never had a good experience at Mikes so I no longer go there. Anyways $9 later it is installed and working properly.

ZR
10-08-2017, 12:35 PM
Impressed with every Nitto I've owned as well, on my third or fourth set of 555 Extremes n have never had a complaint. Only upside I can see to the Invo, cool looking tread design, good ride for a 20" tire. Traction on dry clean road, just ok, push them at all n it's instant tire fry (once spun, leave no trace marks on the road what so ever), even say damp road and they'll break free driven easy. Bad enough wet light pull away is poor, braking at normal city street speeds on anything above a light slow down and your greeted by tire lock up n ABS action.
Cobra with 555's, excellent forward traction (even in ridiculously hard rain) + exceptional braking. They are however just barely ok on the dyno, will not bite when pushed.

Darkhorse
10-08-2017, 06:56 PM
Is this correct?

http://wwwa.autotrader.ca/a/Dodge/RAM+1500+PICKUP/Mississauga/Ontario/5_15795380_ON20080116103533937/?ursrc=hl&showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=10_15_10

Laffs
10-08-2017, 07:07 PM
Is this correct?

http://wwwa.autotrader.ca/a/Dodge/RAM+1500+PICKUP/Mississauga/Ontario/5_15795380_ON20080116103533937/?ursrc=hl&showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=10_15_10

Looks right for a QC 4x2 with little options. My crew cab 4x4 with full heated and cooled leather, nav, sunroof, factory spray in liner, alpine stereo and remote start was $40k.

Darkhorse
10-09-2017, 05:43 PM
Looks right for a QC 4x2 with little options. My crew cab 4x4 with full heated and cooled leather, nav, sunroof, factory spray in liner, alpine stereo and remote start was $40k.

Ahhhh.....4x2. I was like wtf...

ZR
10-10-2017, 07:22 AM
Hope the motorcycle rider we saw down on the 404 s/b at Steeles yesterday is ok.

Laffs
10-10-2017, 08:29 AM
Ahhhh.....4x2. I was like wtf...

It could be done for near that price in a 4x4 I'm sure. Just need to wait for the 9k Mfr cash days, stack it with employee pricing, $2k sale rebate and $1k dealer cash. That's what mine was. Dodge throws discounts at these things near end of model year, my truck was something like $23k in total discounts.

5.4MarkVIII
10-10-2017, 04:14 PM
Work cube van breaks down. Call CAA “hey I need a cube van towed”

“No problem we can have a tow truck there in about an hour.”

Four hours later tow truck showed up. And says. Sorry we don’t tow cube vans.

NickD
10-10-2017, 04:17 PM
Just ordered my first new car!

Laffs
10-10-2017, 04:26 PM

Congrats man, thats always a cool feeling and first.

ZR
10-10-2017, 05:25 PM
Congrats Nick.

WTF
10-10-2017, 07:22 PM
my 76 year old mother is a serious Leaf fan....it's awesome to watch....she gets completely bent when they play

I remember her jumping on the coffee table in the 70s while we lived in Edmonton while she was cheering them on

she's seen them live a handful of times

she always likes the swedes....Salming, Suntin.....and now Nylander

so...... I got her an official Nylander jersey for her B-day....hah

this current team is serious stuff...coach, management, players....everything.....we haven't seen this since I was born.....and Auston Matthews is looking fucking legendary at the ripe old age of 20....a phenom

so.......time to drop large

I'm taking my Mom to see these guys play

True Blue
10-10-2017, 11:33 PM
Tim,

Maybe your mom would get a kick out of these collector coins too... On another forum I frequent, guys are buying these suckers up.

http://www.mint.ca/store/acquisitioncoins/2017-toronto-maple-leafssupsup-100th-anniversary--coin-pack-prod3090136?source=pepperjam&affiliate_id=58025&click_id=2101422463&rcmeid=Affiliate

ZR
10-11-2017, 09:57 PM
Sincere thank you to Stephen for tracking down a couple of crucial parts for me today.
You rock Mr.

5.4MarkVIII
10-12-2017, 09:23 PM
It’s cold an rainy but one of my employees was having car problems so offere to help him out
He brought a couple cans of BUD (not my fav but I’m not one to turn down a beer)
Can was sitting on the rad support while we put in the suspension bushings
Can was on the front of the car for maybe 15min. Then I came inside. Took a big swig and was like WTF is in my mouth.
And spit out a dead wasp.
Too cold out side for them to be flying about
Seen them stay alive in beer traps of couple hours

Poor bastard must have somehow got in in the factory and died a drinking death. Also gross.

ZR
10-13-2017, 08:20 AM
Lil nervous, bride is in for surgery today.

Stephen06GT
10-13-2017, 08:32 AM

All the best to Mrs. ZR.

Scott
10-13-2017, 08:42 AM

Congratulations Nick, what colour did you go with?

Scott
10-13-2017, 08:43 AM
No doubt about it Rick all will go well for Mrs. ZR!

Blackmare
10-13-2017, 09:18 AM
I'm sure Kath will come through great Rick.

NickD
10-13-2017, 10:02 AM
Congratulations Nick, what colour did you go with?White, I'm still second guessing the blue but love the look of white.

Best of luck to Kath for a pain free and quick recovery.

92redragtop
10-13-2017, 05:17 PM

Hope all goes well.

ZR
10-15-2017, 08:08 AM
Thanks to all, home by early evening. It'll be a few days before she's back up to full speed but doing very well thus far.

Blackmare
10-15-2017, 09:45 AM
Thanks to all, home by early evening. It'll be a few days before she's back up to full speed but doing very well thus far.Awesome to hear Rick.

92redragtop
10-15-2017, 11:10 AM
Thanks to all, home by early evening. It'll be a few days before she's back up to full speed but doing very well thus far.

That's great it went well.

RedSN
10-15-2017, 02:04 PM
Fingers crossed for her given you are playing nurse and Mr. Mom.

CDNfyrfytr
10-15-2017, 03:39 PM

Hope everything goes well and a quick recovery.

Was a great weekend for some end of season hiking and camping in Letchworth NY. The drive home was a wee bit hairy though[emoji15]. White knuckler for sure.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171015/c4d491e20002dd3f6ed2f65a04350032.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171015/e26f4fdf4145a02b7e78585ed2141217.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171015/7f0c2628a857b1856d2a53faa8f75351.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171015/59eb9afb0fa2614dbc64cbe5e5baf643.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171015/ebb7f233516e6d780cb70e2bc172e310.jpg

mavrrrick
10-15-2017, 05:04 PM
Just found out future grandchild is gonna be a boy!!! Due late March.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171015/d08affd3d5a50a5d627a9588b612394c.jpg

mavrrrick
10-15-2017, 05:05 PM

Glad all is good Rick!!!

WTF
10-17-2017, 10:41 AM
OK....took the plunge on Stubhub this morning

taking my Mom in her Nylander jersey to see the Canucks vs the Leafs on Saturday Jan 6th

lower bowl behind the players' bench

glad I don't make mortgage payments any longer....cause that sure as hell felt like one

go leafs go

Scrape
10-19-2017, 09:16 AM
Wishing her a speedy recovery.

ZR
10-19-2017, 04:18 PM
Must be outta my flippin mind, agreed to moderate on another forum again (no not another Mustang forum silly wabbit).

hsousa88
10-19-2017, 07:22 PM
^ gonna take a wild guess and say it’s a sled forum?

Been toying with the idea of selling the fox and stepping up to a coyote. Dunno though.. I want both but I need my own place for that first :(

newbiestangowner
10-19-2017, 07:42 PM

Been toying with the idea of selling the fox and stepping up to a coyote. Dunno though.. I want both but I need my own place for that first :(

ZR
10-19-2017, 08:54 PM
^ gonna take a wild guess and say it’s a sled forum?

Yes on sled site.
Both have their attractions, comes down to which best suits you.

RedSN
10-20-2017, 12:59 PM
Grossed-out Torontonians — and people in surrounding communities — inundated Twitter and Reddit with complaints about a manure-like smell taking over the Greater Toronto Area.

A Toronto city councillor says he has the answer to the great city stink mystery that took over social media Thursday. Mike Layton tweeted Friday morning that the smell is organic fertilizer applied to the fields by the Parks and Recreation Department.
It's a pretty short list of substances that smell like manure. Bravo Mike 'Inspector Clouseau' Layton, you solved the mystery.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-stink-mystery-1.4363604

True Blue
10-21-2017, 07:51 AM
Co-worker had a fully automatic espresso machine that was not functioning. He brought it in to get service, shop said the machine needs a new water pump. At a cost of $450 including labour. Same machine new is $750. Co-worker said screw it and decided not to fix it. We got to talking, he told me the story. I told him to bring it in, let me fuck around with it. If I can fix it, we'll keep it here at work, if not it's garbage.

Saw a few videos on youtube to familiarize myself with this high tech thing. Ran the machine in "test mode" which tests all the moving parts everything seemed to work including the so called dead pump. But still it wouldn't pump the water!?!? So it got me thinking a possible blockage in a line or the pump. So I got a syringe with a rubber tube attached at the end. Hooked it up to the inlet that the water tray attaches too. Filled it with water, pushed down on the syringe, felt resistance and then the water pushed through. Filled the syringe again with water did a second pass, water went easily through. Put the water tank back in, hit the "go" button and out came the espresso, it worked! Did a few runs, descaled it and the machine is up and running again.

Go figure!

ZR
10-21-2017, 08:09 AM
Nice fix.

True Blue
10-21-2017, 09:41 AM
It's a pretty short list of substances that smell like manure. Bravo Mike 'Inspector Clouseau' Layton, you solved the mystery.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-stink-mystery-1.4363604

LMAO!

tulowd
10-21-2017, 01:20 PM
Judging a 22 team BBQ/Smoker Cook off in Texas today......the best ribs from each team get presented to the panel for tasting and commentary. Ought to be the best meal ever!

https://www.facebook.com/events/154545141699575/

Everything in TX is BIG!!

RedSN
10-21-2017, 02:08 PM
Now I’m hungry. ....and thirsty

tulowd
10-21-2017, 10:12 PM
Ate 22 half ribs and scored them on presentation, flavour and texture. My pick for No 1 came in first, as did third. Second was my 12th, so we are in a little disagreement, lol

The ribs were pretty good, but not as good as the deep fried ones last night, nor the brisket or pastrami that had been soaking in brine for 21 days in our setup. Had some gumbo soup from a 40 liter cooker! This entire event is just nuts. Hundreds of pickup trucks (all new, mostly diesel and lifted) lined the street and parking area. A 12" lifted Duramax with 24s on 38s was at the front, and a similar F350 Platinum duallie sat by the first bbq pit. Probably 1000 ppl in attendance in total. Need a holiday from eating now.
As I was leaving, the band played Tush by ZZ Top.....how fitting.

If you ever get a chance to go to Texas, you won't regret it.

Ponyryd
10-21-2017, 10:22 PM
Judging a 22 team BBQ/Smoker Cook off in Texas today......the best ribs from each team get presented to the panel for tasting and commentary. Ought to be the best meal ever!

https://www.facebook.com/events/154545141699575/

Everything in TX is BIG!!

Damn Paul you must have some serious cred to be judging a Texas BBQ cook-off! I woulda never thought some damn hoser had any idea about BBQ.

But while I'm in here I'll tell y'all what I intended to, I'm sick, and sick of being sick! Started out as what the doc says "infection, no big deal", but that was on Tuesday and I had a 103 fever, took the meds and random counter crap, (Buckleys, new citran, Vic's, etc..., a few for sure) and I'm still having a damn dry cough which gives me a massive headache! Anyways, off to bed....

ZR
10-21-2017, 10:24 PM
He showed pics of his lifted truck n big tires, they figured he must a local.

Ponyryd
10-21-2017, 10:26 PM
He showed pics of his lifted truck n big tires, they figured he must a local.

^Proly looks like a power-wheel to them, lol.

newbiestangowner
10-25-2017, 02:26 PM
Not very confidence inspiring in a car dealership when you email them to see if a vehicle is still available and they return an email confirming vehicle but price went up $3799.00 from the initial ad.
:shrug::shrug::shrug:

IanGTCS
10-25-2017, 07:58 PM
^I assume they lost any business from you from now until forever.

Ponyryd
10-25-2017, 10:07 PM
Not very confidence inspiring in a car dealership when you email them to see if a vehicle is still available and they return an email confirming vehicle but price went up $3799.00 from the initial ad.
:shrug::shrug::shrug:

I know often times the prices/discounts are set by the manufacturer, is it possible that offer expired?
If not then they must be whack, ask the manager for an explanation.

newbiestangowner
10-25-2017, 10:44 PM
I know often times the prices/discounts are set by the manufacturer, is it possible that offer expired?
If not then they must be whack, ask the manager for an explanation.

the price was on a low budget 2011 used car- I am looking to replace my 2004 Durango that went to shit- and before the weather turns to crap
price listed ( which I forwarded to them on Auto Trader $ 9198) and according to ad it was listed for sometime
their response was $12900. even looking at the numbers it doesn't look like it was a "typo" mistake lol.
Someone did respond when I replied I was interested but not at the corrected price since at that price point I have more choices ie car, lower milage etc.
then they said that they would sell it at the price I saw it listed at.
I may look at it, may not ; just never liked the whole buying car environment with all the b.s that comes with it at Some( not all dealearships)

Hey Rick- do you see what I'm doing here - the Budget wifey said was 20#### at most - I figure 10 for the dd and 10 for the BOOST lol- I may be dreaming but I'm trying ;)
-

Ponyryd
10-25-2017, 11:07 PM
Gotcha. Well one other thing that may have happened (and what happens at my dealer often) is that they take in a car but service is backed up so they don't know what it needs for safety, they stick a price on it and hope for the best, but when the safety is a few grand they adjust the price.
Either that, or they're greedy bitches.

IanGTCS
10-27-2017, 09:17 PM
^I'd say the greedy bitches is far more likely.

newbiestangowner
10-27-2017, 10:20 PM
^I'd say the greedy bitches is far more likely.

Went to look at the car solo since I was in the area. I let the salesman know I wanted to quickly look over the general condition of vehicle without test drive but will return with wife if everything is ok.I did not discuss any pricing. After I ask for business card he says its on his desk, we go inside I remain standing waiting for card; it seems he can't find any in his desks

just a few lines that was said while he looked for business card

" What can we do to make this sale happen now?"
" you saw the vehicle is there something that your wife will see differently?"
" Today is your lucky day ( lol) "

but the one that tops it off..

I said " the sale is not happening today- if the vehicle is still here tomorrow then fine- if it sells before then well congrats on the sale"
he mentions something like he understands that I have to consult with the wife, heck don't want to get divorced over a vehicle, but maybe that might be in your favour.:slap:

sorry for the long ass rant

ZR
10-27-2017, 10:36 PM
^ Pure gold.

WTF
10-28-2017, 10:31 AM
just did my one time of the year run to Walmart....for Halloween candy

I'm lazy this year...not doing grab bags

so...instead....this year every kid is getting Full Size stuff

full size Mars bars, Aero bars, Wunderbars...full size bags of M&Ms...and full size boxes of Mike & Ikes

got enough for 100 of the little bastards

Ponyryd
10-28-2017, 11:24 AM
^You only have enough till word gets out........

CDNfyrfytr
10-28-2017, 12:10 PM
Really cool looking red sunrise on the way home from work this morning. iPhone pic doesn’t do it justice.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171028/74f7cedfcde0edc97528d7c2e59bef02.jpg