PDA

View Full Version : Post whatever is on your mind!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96

RedSN
06-19-2018, 05:54 PM
Fuck you Doug Ford. :mad:

The Doug Ford Tories wasted no time in mowing down the ousted Liberal government’s Green Ontario Fund.
The fund was paid for with cap-and-trade proceeds.
The Green Ontario Fund last August, a provincial agency that provides rebates and delivers programs related to reducing energy costs in homes and businesses.

i.e. the windows I just purchased yesterday.

So now I’m going to lose $1000 in rebates, but I’ll save 4.3 measly fucking cents per litre of fuel. I’ll have to buy 23,000 litres of fuel to break even. Thanks Dougy. Better start saving me some serious money, because a few pennies on fuel costs is a joke. :fight1:

Ponyryd
06-19-2018, 07:09 PM
^Ill take the fuel savings over an energy rebate....we all need fuel to drive, we don’t all need energy rebates, and in the long run I’d think the fuel savings will be more.

Ponyryd
06-19-2018, 07:12 PM
Planning on seeing what it goes for tmra. But seriously who buys a Raptor as a work truck, then supercharges it, then beats the ever loving shit out of it, then sells/trades it sans headrests.

It’s in Tejas, so it’s highly likely it was used for border/immigration purposes, in which case the blower was needed, and the abuse was warranted, headrests would have been removed to allow better vision of surroundings/fleeing suspects I would guess.

5.4MarkVIII
06-19-2018, 07:37 PM

So now I’m going to lose $1000 in rebates, but I’ll save 4.3 measly fucking cents per litre of fuel. I’ll have to buy 23,000 litres of fuel to break even. Thanks Dougy. Better start saving me some serious money, because a few pennies on fuel costs is a joke. :fight1:

The liberals spend years pissing away money and screwing taxpayers.

Take a breath. That 1000bucks is small time money compared to what the liberals have cost you in the last 15 years of mismanagement and corruption.

Redirect some funds now. Get things back on track. Takes time but well worth it.

Armen
06-19-2018, 08:07 PM

Calm down...

The site says, however, that rebates will be honoured for homeowners who submit an application by Sept. 30 or who have a signed work agreement with a participating contractor for work to be completed by Aug. 31.

Armen
06-19-2018, 08:08 PM
So about $10k.. no thanks

Hard to say. The Performance Package is actually a little less expensive in Canada.

Laffs
06-19-2018, 08:32 PM
It’s in Tejas, so it’s highly likely it was used for border/immigration purposes, in which case the blower was needed, and the abuse was warranted, headrests would have been removed to allow better vision of surroundings/fleeing suspects I would guess.

CBP trucks were all white and so far mostly crew cabs (seen a ton go through the AZ auctions. The stuff I pulled through Ritchie Bros shows the truck spent life in Oklahoma.

Ponyryd
06-19-2018, 09:25 PM
Oh, I see......

stangstevers
06-20-2018, 05:14 AM
That’s why I did the basement insulation before the election lol

WTF
06-20-2018, 06:16 AM

on the contrary

thank you Doug Ford

for not making me help pay for Don's new windows

stangstevers
06-20-2018, 07:42 AM
I am burnt out from this fucking house. Got the last bathroom almost buttoned up and last big piece is the mud room and then all the detail work to finish up all the trim and wainscoting since I've been doing a lot of fancy trimwork including plans for coffered ceilings. This is just because we plan on selling it in 5 years if the market isn't as dumpy as today. On my stupid plate in the last 12 months:

- Finish full on basement reno on old house and a bunch of other renos before selling
- Moving
- Gutting and renos on the new house which is twice as big as before
- Aging parents and the cancer scare - their house is a big mess financially and literally, brother and I need to figure out what to do about it
- PMP exam
- CBAP exam
- New role at work and possibly climbing to VP position and job interviews for exec level at other companies
- Learning social media and content marketing with my website, traffic is pretty good right now but still lots of work and I'm behind.
- I had a scary and painful health issue that had me on my ass for weeks and strong meds...
- 6 month leadership courses I have to take for work
- Thinking about going back to school to get MBA as well

Other stuff that isn't important:
- Notch needs new engine I think
- Suspension upgrades on the notch
- Cobra restoration
- Getting ready for a music show in October (I haven't played guitar in a year and I suck more than usual)

I feel my age. I used to be able to work 15-18 hour days without an issue. Hell I remember working 36 hours pretty much straight, maybe a few naps in the office and then flying to vegas for SEMA and building and dismantling a booth and flying back. Today... yeah right, I'd drop dead... I'm tired after just 10 hours at the office now LOL... I smoke weed and drink and take some oxy from time to time to hide the pain and push through. About to do coke to keep up... shit man... I need a vacation.

Screw
06-20-2018, 07:50 AM
^^ take it easy man Long road ahead of you , in the end not a race but a marathon , you are still young and your kids will need you in good health , trust me !

92redragtop
06-20-2018, 12:16 PM
I am burnt out from this fucking house. Got the last bathroom almost buttoned up and last big piece is the mud room and then all the detail work to finish up all the trim and wainscoting since I've been doing a lot of fancy trimwork including plans for coffered ceilings. This is just because we plan on selling it in 5 years if the market isn't as dumpy as today. On my stupid plate in the last 12 months:

- Finish full on basement reno on old house and a bunch of other renos before selling
- Moving
- Gutting and renos on the new house which is twice as big as before
- Aging parents and the cancer scare - their house is a big mess financially and literally, brother and I need to figure out what to do about it
- PMP exam
- CBAP exam
- New role at work and possibly climbing to VP position and job interviews for exec level at other companies
- Learning social media and content marketing with my website, traffic is pretty good right now but still lots of work and I'm behind.
- I had a scary and painful health issue that had me on my ass for weeks and strong meds...
- 6 month leadership courses I have to take for work
- Thinking about going back to school to get MBA as well

Other stuff that isn't important:
- Notch needs new engine I think
- Suspension upgrades on the notch
- Cobra restoration
- Getting ready for a music show in October (I haven't played guitar in a year and I suck more than usual)

I feel my age. I used to be able to work 15-18 hour days without an issue. Hell I remember working 36 hours pretty much straight, maybe a few naps in the office and then flying to vegas for SEMA and building and dismantling a booth and flying back. Today... yeah right, I'd drop dead... I'm tired after just 10 hours at the office now LOL... I smoke weed and drink and take some oxy from time to time to hide the pain and push through. About to do coke to keep up... shit man... I need a vacation.

Sounds like you are far enough along career wise with options for next level/C-suite - would the cost/time of an MBA make a difference at this point? Are you thinking company paid EMBA on weekends?

Screw
06-20-2018, 01:22 PM
^^ hey u encourage the young man to take a vacay ;)

92redragtop
06-20-2018, 01:57 PM
^^ hey u encourage the young man to take a vacay ;)

LOL! I agree with the vacay - life is too short not to. An MBA is a commitment with a lot of work and depending where you are in a career the ROI may not be as good as doing it when you're younger (late 20's/early 30's) unless you're looking to make a career change. All the other stuff might pay off sooner (PMP/CBAP, etc).

stangstevers
06-20-2018, 04:24 PM
That’s what my boss said. But it is a ton of work and will take a while. That’s up in the air. I read “the 10 day MBA” is that enough? Lol

- - - Updated - - -

On my mind... build a 331 stroker?

92redragtop
06-20-2018, 05:16 PM
That’s what my boss said. But it is a ton of work and will take a while. That’s up in the air. I read “the 10 day MBA” is that enough? Lol

- - - Updated - - -

On my mind... build a 331 stroker?

Mine took 2 years full-time and quite a few bucks but I did it before I turned 30. Later on it's harder to get the desired ROI on it since a "good" one in Canada today costs $70K plus....if your company is paying for it and giving you some room to do it (days off, etc) and you are going to stay there for a while (so you don't have to reimburse them) then it could make sense.

hsousa88
06-20-2018, 05:53 PM
Got my truck back, looks great.. the gentlemen who worked on it did a nice job. He managed to get a tad of over spray on the tailpipe though and it's driving me nuts. Would some fine grit sandpaper clean it up?

Edit: and for once I'm not late to the party on used fox parts. Thanks for the MM steering shaft Hutch!

Ponyryd
06-20-2018, 06:14 PM
Yup, or some thinner on a scotch brite would work as well.

NickD
06-20-2018, 06:32 PM
I have used 0000 steel wool to clean chrome exchaust, fine enough it doesn't scratch

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Screw
06-20-2018, 08:15 PM
I have used 0000 steel wool to clean chrome exchaust, fine enough it doesn't scratch

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Gotta try that I played painter tried touching stuff up ... :(

WTF
06-21-2018, 07:53 AM
was a tough night

neighbour across the street came over around 6pm asking if I'd seen John around....her immediate neighbour to the west

she said she hadn't seem him around for quite a few days and it was odd because if he had gone on vacation he would have mentioned it to her

so my wife and I took a walk over to take a look

and I found him laying face down near his back sliding door... in a pool of blood.... dead

John was probably about 54 years old

he bought the house around the same time we did 21 years ago

he would suffer the odd epileptic seizure over the years.....I think he had about 3 over the last 20 years

but he also got himself into serious shape and successfully did the Ironman about 3 years ago....dude was on a mission and did it in over 22 hours

the paramedics suggested that he had a seizure, cut his head on the fall and bled out

he was a solid guy.....when the tree came down on my house a few weeks ago....I barely got a few branches chopped up before he was running over with a saw in his hand

I sure as hell didn't like seeing him like I did last night

RIP John Beirne

Stephen06GT
06-21-2018, 07:59 AM
My condolences Tim.

Armen
06-21-2018, 08:50 AM
That's a very hard thing to go through, Tim. Don't be afraid to reach out to someone to talk to about it if it becomes an issue.

ZR
06-21-2018, 08:51 AM
OMG, very sorry to hear Tim.

Blackmare
06-21-2018, 08:59 AM
Very sorry to hear that Tim. My condolences.

Scrape
06-21-2018, 09:43 AM
My condolences Tim. Sorry to hear of your loss.

92redragtop
06-21-2018, 10:30 AM
Sorry to hear about your neighbour - he was so young. That's a grim discovery for you and your wife.

RedSN
06-21-2018, 10:43 AM
Oh, Tim, I can't even imagine making a discovery like that. That's horrible!
Sounds like a great guy, that's far too young. A really unfortunate accident.

I assume he lives alone?

WTF
06-21-2018, 10:55 AM
^^^ yeah John lived alone

Old Fart
06-21-2018, 11:07 AM
So sorry to hear...condolences.

MUSTANGWOP
06-21-2018, 12:19 PM
Sorry to hear Tim and that you made the discovery. Condolences to you and his family.

Laffs
06-21-2018, 09:07 PM
ISO: someone to come throw some money at me and take away my car

Armen
06-21-2018, 10:52 PM
Wow, really? You get no peace with that thing!

Come join the Coyote club, man.

Ponyryd
06-21-2018, 10:58 PM
Coyote club sucks......unless the Coyote is in a pre 2005 car :)

Armen
06-21-2018, 11:05 PM
Yes, I just got back from yet another trouble free ‘sucky’ cruise :)

I love my car!

Ponyryd
06-22-2018, 12:02 AM
Yes, I just got back from yet another trouble free ‘sucky’ cruise :)

I love my car!

So did I, in my Wrangler though :) haven’t opened the hood since connecting the battery in March.
To each his own, and I’m happy you’re happy with your ride.

stangstevers
06-22-2018, 08:06 AM
YES! Did it.. worked successfully to 1 - 2am two days in a row! Got all the sh!t done and now going to the city for some training... I can slack off and do home renos this weekend LOL I hope to have enough time to figure out what's up with my little pushrod... maybe it's coyote time lol I have this huge bonus coming and it would pay for a few Coyote swaps... wife wants to pay down the mortgage how F-ing boring is that!?

RedSN
06-22-2018, 09:03 AM

I apologize for my outburst. I heard the news that the Tories cancelled the window rebate program on my way home, literally the day after I had purchased the windows under the premise that a portion of the cost would be subsidized. I was pissed off, and was having a bad week dealing with the City inspectors on my basement reno. What pissed me off was the absolute suddenness of the cancellation. Either that, or I was just out of the loop and never heard about the Tories intention to cancel the program. I knew they were turfing the cap and trade, but didn't put two and two together.

Anyway... I have calmed down now. And Doug Ford just announced they are extending the cut-off date
http://toronto.citynews.ca/2018/06/21/deadline-ontarios-green-renovation-rebate-extended-oct-30-doug-ford-announces/

I don't disagree with cancelling the program, although I don't think it was a bad program, I was just upset with the suddenness of the cancellation.

Is it beer-time yet? I need a drink.

stangstevers
06-22-2018, 09:11 AM
I was trying to get everything done before the election I figured the PCs would scrap it. I failed at convincing the wife to buy an electric car though.

And inspectors. Don’t get me started... one dude who was evaluating my deck structure was telling me the metal plate above the basement window held all the floor joist load above the window. I told him it was for the brick veneer and structural load was carried to doubled up joists on each side... I told him he should take a basic construction course

RedSN
06-22-2018, 09:15 AM
I don't know how you get so much done? Do you ever sleep?

I'm struggling to keep up with this project, and I'm not even the one swinging the hammer.

stangstevers
06-22-2018, 09:24 AM
I find that managing trades is just as hard or even more frustrating than doing all the hammering. It’s pretty involved project management.

Sleep... well I’m getting tired tbh and resorting to unhealthy habits to give one last push to the finish line. Then it’s shop time building fox junk lol

WTF
06-22-2018, 10:00 AM
Markham garage door dude showed up at 930am

nice new garage door replacing the 61 year old original....and a liftmaster jackshaft 8500 replacing the don't-know-how-old-but-totally-ancient Craftsman

with the new siding on the front peak of the house....new landscaping in the front (done Wednesday) and new garage door.....the place is gonna look sweet

will look even sweeter with the Morgan sitting in there

stangstevers
06-22-2018, 10:10 AM
Morgan? Nice

RedSN
06-22-2018, 11:07 AM
Old garage was fine for the Mustang. The Morgan is getting the "new prime minister upgrade and renovate 24 Sussex Drive" treatment.

Did you get an insulated door Tim?

WTF
06-22-2018, 11:52 AM
Did you get an insulated door Tim?

yup.....top panel has ranch style windows too.....gonna look real nice, provide light in there with the door closed as well

and not done after today

got a new steel man-door going in at the back of the garage with a frosted-glass window and proper deadbolt

and a new awning window with frosted glass to replace the 61 year old original that doesn't open

and it was completely re-wired 2 weeks ago...all new stuff including a 4ft LED shop light

the garage is definitely getting some TLC before the little red roadster goes in

RedSN
06-22-2018, 12:26 PM
you need a garage build thread!

WTF
06-23-2018, 07:46 AM
anyone know if there's a retail location that sells Krown products?

when the dude was finishing up the garage door install....he suggested annual maintenance of spraying the hinges and main-spring with rust protection aerosol

he used a Krown product in a yellow and black can

checking their site and looks like you can only buy a box of six cans.....pretty sure that's about 5 more than I'd ever go through

wondering if there's a retail store that sells it so I can buy just one can of the stuff?

Stephen06GT
06-23-2018, 08:02 AM
I'm pretty sure my local Krown shop sells it by the can, and I think CTC sells it as well. For my own garage I just use a multi-purpose lube on both the springs and hinges.

WTF
06-23-2018, 09:03 AM
I'm pretty sure my local Krown shop sells it by the can, and I think CTC sells it as well. For my own garage I just use a multi-purpose lube on both the springs and hinges.

can't find Krown on CTC's site....but they do sell Rust Check's version...should be more than enough

closest local Krown to me isn't open on weekends....so not even going to bother with them

thanks

hsousa88
06-23-2018, 09:14 AM
Finally have Hagerty insurance on the fox. Paying double what I was paying with vintage auto but it’s nice to know I’m covered anytime I take the car out. Went pretty smooth, thought I would need a new appraisal but all they asked for was some pics and a value.

Also... 7 months smoke free!!!

True Blue
06-23-2018, 09:38 AM
Finally have Hagerty insurance on the fox. Paying double what I was paying with vintage auto but it’s nice to know I’m covered anytime I take the car out. Went pretty smooth, thought I would need a new appraisal but all they asked for was some pics and a value.

Also... 7 months smoke free!!!

I guess you didn't look into Zehr Insurance?

hsousa88
06-23-2018, 09:40 AM
I guess you didn't look into Zehr Insurance?

No I didn’t.. vintage auto was the only company that would take me in 2013 when I bought the car due to age restrictions. What’s special about Zehr?

True Blue
06-23-2018, 09:45 AM
can't find Krown on CTC's site....but they do sell Rust Check's version...should be more than enough

closest local Krown to me isn't open on weekends....so not even going to bother with them

thanks

Look for a silicone lubricate, that doesn't collect dirt or grime.

RedSN
06-23-2018, 09:49 AM
What’s special about Zehr?

Nothing. They are just a really good, honest broker.

My trusted broker, Omni, found me a classic car insurance policy through Intact because Hagerty wasn’t going to suit my needs.

hsousa88
06-23-2018, 09:52 AM
Ah ok.. I dunno. I feel like all of these insurance companies will give me grief if I ever need to collect full value of the car. Vintage auto was nice and cheap but way too many restrictions.. can’t drive to work, car shows only etc.

True Blue
06-23-2018, 09:54 AM
No I didn’t.. vintage auto was the only company that would take me in 2013 when I bought the car due to age restrictions. What’s special about Zehr?

If you meet the requirements for Hagerty, you'll meet Zehr's as well. In my case, Zehr's coverage was better. Zehr you need a proper appraisal, which valued the car double of Hagerty's agree value. My premium with Zehr is half of what Hagerty wanted.

RedSN
06-23-2018, 09:58 AM
Mine is pretty flexible, only restriction is kilometres.
5k per year max

...has not been an issue this season, LOL.

True Blue: who is you policy actually with tho? Zehr is just a broker, so the policy is underwritten by somebody else.

True Blue
06-23-2018, 10:02 AM
True Blue: who is you policy actually with tho? Zehr is just a broker, so the policy is underwritten by somebody else.

Underwritten by Echelon, both Mustangs.

hsousa88
06-23-2018, 10:03 AM
Underwritten by Echelon, both Mustangs.

Echelon is vintage auto, no? Pretty sure it is.

True Blue
06-23-2018, 10:14 AM
Echelon is vintage auto, no? Pretty sure it is.

Strictly no, they cover practically anything.

FoxRod
06-23-2018, 10:23 AM
I have an 19A Endorsement with Zehr's for my Fox as well, great customer service...ask Fred Struzer how he feels about Hagerty.

Just want to add this PSA:

Ontario Policy Change Form Definitions
and your Classic Car Insurance
An original information article by Antique Car Appraiser Allan Lewis © 2003-2013​
OPCF 19A and OPCF 19

When insuring an antique car and providing your insurer with an appraisal you will be dealing with either an OPCF 19A or OPCF 19 endorsement. They are very simple endorsements with similar names but distinct and opposite meanings. One is a an enhancement while the other is a restrictive endorsement.
OPCF 19A - Agreed Value of Automobile(s) Endorsement - This endorsement will guarantee to pay the amount stated on the endorsement in the event of a total loss. That amount is determined by the appraisal of the car. This is the coverage you want for your antique car! Most antique specific insurance coverage has the OPCF 19A endorsement.
OPCF 19 - Limitation Of Amount Endorsement - This endorsement is for the benefit of the insurer, not you. It sets a limit to the liability of the insurer (usually the appraised value). At their discretion they need only pay out what they consider to be the Actual Cash Value (ACV) of the car or the appraised value - whichever is less. I would argue that most antique cars are appreciating in value, so if anything, the ACV may be more than the appraised value depending on how much time has passed between appraisals (5 years should be the maximum). However, it is most likely that the insurance company will attempt to settle for less than the appraised value (even though your rates were based on the appraised value). Unfortunately you are at the mercy of your insurer in the event of a claim with the OPCF 19 endorsement. You can only hope that you will receive a fair settlement.
I hope this makes it clear how important it is to get antique specific insurance for your car (OPCF 19A coverage). If you're not sure what your current coverage is check your policy (it should be listed) or call your broker.

True Blue
06-23-2018, 04:52 PM
Bullitt Package is just over $7000 more to the price of a GT Premium on the US configurator.

https://shop.ford.com/build/mustang/#/select/

Canadian Bullitt base price is $57,525.

newbiestangowner
06-23-2018, 04:56 PM
Canadian Bullitt base price is $57,525.

Ouch , + taxes etc- I guess that’s the price .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stangstevers
06-25-2018, 07:22 AM
ughhhhh department budget time... so F-ing boring. talk about last minute though, it's due today LOL

92redragtop
06-25-2018, 11:29 AM
ughhhhh department budget time... so F-ing boring. talk about last minute though, it's due today LOL

2019 budget? We start ours next month and it's due in August.

stangstevers
06-25-2018, 09:37 PM
Well another work day done... I think someone ran into me while I was at a red light. Heard a crunch sound but couldn’t check until I cleared traffic so I managed to find a spot and my ball hitch had new paint on it. The guy drove the F off but I didn’t bother to chase him, I’ll check my cameras for evidence. I should have chased him down but I was in heavy traffic and turning around would have probably caused a collision. At least someone has a crunched up fender somewhere. I’ll have to check my dash cam and report it if anything shows up.

Old Fart
06-25-2018, 11:42 PM
Just got home after an awesome Colin James/Blue Rodeo concert.

Screw
06-26-2018, 07:09 AM
Just got home after an awesome Colin James/Blue Rodeo concert.

Colin James there’s a name haven’t heard in a while , nice !

5.4MarkVIII
06-26-2018, 07:29 AM
and the prostitis is back, looks like another week of no sleep is in order.:fight1:

ZR
06-26-2018, 07:35 AM
Feel better soon.

stangstevers
06-26-2018, 07:40 AM
Time to build a wall and send the “refugees” back to the USA. Sick of hearing tax dollars being spent on these people when a few bullets is much cheaper...

MUSTANGWOP
06-26-2018, 07:44 AM
and the prostitis is back, looks like another week of no sleep is in order.:fight1:

I read this quick and read prostitute, not prostitis, lol.

True Blue
06-26-2018, 07:49 AM
Well tomorrow I'm suppose to get my roof re-shingled, looks like it wont happen yet again. This will be the third time rescheduling due to rain and extreme heat. Fuck my luck!

twister
06-26-2018, 07:55 AM

makes two of use :facepalm:

5.4MarkVIII
06-26-2018, 08:27 AM

Would need a different “hammer” emoji for that. Lol

Old Fart
06-26-2018, 10:10 AM
Colin James there’s a name haven’t heard in a while , nice !

A few Daily Press pics...https://www.facebook.com/TimminsDailyPress/photos/pcb.1712078188862032/1712074575529060/?type=3&theater

RedSN
06-26-2018, 10:40 AM
Blue Rodeo puts on a good concert. Saw them on stage at the 2004 Sudbury Blues Festival with the Tragically Hip.

Old Fart
06-26-2018, 10:58 AM
Jim Cuddy is 62 years old and still sings great. I made a comment to my brother that it was almost as if a CD was playing...it was that good!!

hsousa88
06-26-2018, 03:36 PM
I’ve been thinking about motor options for my fox for a while but I dunno if I want to dump that kind of money into the car yet. I’m thinking I may end up just slapping on a used blower.. replace valve springs along with w.e supporting mods I may need + a tune and see how long that lasts.

FoxRod
06-26-2018, 04:43 PM
Yolo...dont wait till you're fitty like me LOL do it before life takes you on a detour. Now that I modded my Fox, I want a Coyote (with twin turbos)... :)
(Parked beside my Fox of course, dont wait till you have 2 kids in University, thank God they're done)

I’ve been thinking about motor options for my fox for a while but I dunno if I want to dump that kind of money into the car yet. I’m thinking I may end up just slapping on a used blower.. replace valve springs along with w.e supporting mods I may need + a tune and see how long that lasts.

hsousa88
06-26-2018, 05:49 PM
Yolo...dont wait till you're fitty like me LOL do it before life takes you on a detour. Now that I modded my Fox, I want a Coyote (with twin turbos)... :)
(Parked beside my Fox of course, dont wait till you have 2 kids in University, thank God they're done)

The goal from day one was to have a fox and a 911 beside each other :D

newbiestangowner
06-26-2018, 06:00 PM

It looks like I’m headed down the same path lol. Been wanting to add boost but it keeps being put aside.
One kid in university- and one to follow, mileage on car is starting to add up, at this rate I may never be able to add boost- should have down it right away.

FoxRod
06-26-2018, 06:22 PM
^^^ Good for you, and don't get me wrong, I chose the path I took and wouldnt trade it for anything. Just funny seeing a middle aged grayish haired fool re living his youth driving a modded Fox jmo... LOL

WTF
06-26-2018, 07:03 PM
so.....am I the only conservative voter in this country that is as sick as fuck of Trump as I am?

I get kicking that bullshit artist Trudeau in the nads constantly because he's full of shit.....but I'm watching this lunatic Trump and it's like he wants to kick the fuck out of our country's economic well-being ......and the worst part....he seems to enjoys it

for the first time in my 51 year old life.....I'm feeling like my biggest enemy on the world stage are our former buddies just a short drive down the QEW

that shouldn't be

and I'd love to get the opportunity to punch that fucker right in the mouth to say thanks

5.4MarkVIII
06-26-2018, 09:14 PM
hes done a lot of good things for the us, but all of that is gonna be erased by this trade war tariff shit. someone in his wheelhouse needs to shut this down before the damage is irreparable.

92redragtop
06-26-2018, 10:32 PM
Trump is the clusterfuck I expected him to be. At least he does not disappoint.

There was an opportunity for the tax plan to do something for the US but he seems to be trying everything the kill the bull market that's been going for the past 8 years. Now he's fighting with Harley Davidson in between State News (Fox & Friends and Hannity segments)...what an idiot.

92redragtop
06-26-2018, 11:33 PM
Anyone going to this on Saturday? Weather is supposed to be good so I'll likely head down in the afternoon after a border run before the Alcohol and TF cars run.

<iframe width="1110" height="624" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lxmkg0OckUQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

newbiestangowner
06-26-2018, 11:53 PM
Anyone going to this on Saturday? Weather is supposed to be good so I'll likely head down in the afternoon after a border run before the Alcohol and TF cars run.

<iframe width="1110" height="624" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lxmkg0OckUQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wish I could but my weekend is no longer MY weekends lol
Have a good time Richard ; snap some pics.

5.4MarkVIII
06-27-2018, 09:35 AM
Any just one more kick in the ass. Our new truck was stolen lat night.

Fucking low life scum.

And thanks to my loving wife FOR LEAVINGNHER GOD DAM PURSE IN IT WITH THE KEYS!!!!!!!

Sorry I need to yell right now and don’t want to yell at her.

Scrape
06-27-2018, 10:07 AM
Oh no. Sorry to hear that.

Laffs
06-27-2018, 10:47 AM
Wow that sucks man. Thieves are the worst, hope insurance makes you whole again.

92redragtop
06-27-2018, 11:12 AM
Damn that sucks - right out of your driveway? Any neighbours have outside cameras?

I'm always bugging my wife about forgetting to lock her car (but at least she doesn't leave the keys in it).

stangstevers
06-27-2018, 11:33 AM
At my last house, the wife left her keys in the house door... that chain had her car keys in it, garage door opener, etc... lol That was before the shitty renters moved in next door though, they probably would have done something.

Black Sheep
06-27-2018, 05:56 PM
Any just one more kick in the ass. Our new truck was stolen lat night.

Fucking low life scum.

And thanks to my loving wife FOR LEAVINGNHER GOD DAM PURSE IN IT WITH THE KEYS!!!!!!!

Sorry I need to yell right now and don’t want to yell at her.

Oh my god....your wife lost her purse
....not good

Ponyryd
06-27-2018, 06:27 PM
That sucks but if she left her purse in it she will have it worse than you, replacing all her ID and credit cards is a major pain, the truck can be replaced (as long as they actually cover it once they find out the keys were in it) fairly easily.

5.4MarkVIII
06-27-2018, 07:28 PM
Found her empty purse down the road and her wallet empty except her licence sitting by a local business. Across the road was a camera on another place of business so the police are going to follow up there tomorow am.

She got the banks called and cards held and stopped.

Was hoping that ford could do a locate threw the app even though I had not synced it to my phone yet. But they say there is no way to do that. Another truck was stolen. Two blocks over as well last night. It was found this am at Kettle Point.

ZR
06-28-2018, 08:32 AM
Mechanic walks into Tims for his morning coffee n breaky
Women in line makes a crack about his shirt with a few burn holes and stains that won't come out
He shoots back, condition of the shirt comes with the job
She says, what kind of work do you do
He says, gynacologist

92redragtop
06-28-2018, 04:30 PM
More "thoughts and prayers" due to a mass shooting in the US today, in addition to the one last week.

5.4MarkVIII
06-28-2018, 05:18 PM
tragic events. its good people can be human and take the time to think and pray for those going threw tragic events

92redragtop
06-28-2018, 05:56 PM
It's too bad they're unwilling to take action to try and prevent these tragic events and loss of lives. RIP to those lost this week and last week.

Zexhuffer
06-28-2018, 06:27 PM
It's too bad they're unwilling to take action to try and prevent these tragic events and loss of lives. RIP to those lost this week and last week.

Who is unwilling and how do they prevent this?

92redragtop
06-28-2018, 06:31 PM
Those who govern.

5.4MarkVIII
06-28-2018, 06:34 PM
like the dems the last 8 years?

why is it when there is a tragic buss accident or natural phenomenon thoughts and prayers are ok but when a crazy/ sick person causes tragedy those exact same thoughts and prayers are not enough?

tired of people standing on the graves of victims to push a political agenda

Zexhuffer
06-28-2018, 07:45 PM
Those who govern.

So what should they do?

Stephen06GT
06-28-2018, 08:00 PM
So what should they do?

Depends who you talk to. The current POTUS has suggested arming teachers.

Zexhuffer
06-28-2018, 08:13 PM
Depends who you talk to. The current POTUS has suggested arming teachers.

Thats why I asked what they should do...People comment about that they dont do anything but have no thoughts towards change.

5.4MarkVIII
06-28-2018, 09:11 PM
Address the mental health issue la that are the root cause. And address lack of action by law enforcement.

92redragtop
06-28-2018, 10:00 PM
So what should they do?

Do something - I am not in government so that's for them to action in the context of their laws, culture, and current set of rules with regards to what needs to be modified (either for health, which they rolled back with healthcare repeal, or for licencing laws, but likely a "both" situation versus "either"). Their default position is to accept the loss of lives as collateral damage for inaction and just resort to "thoughts and prayers", which is insane, but that's what they've chosen. Clearly what they're doing now is not working unless child victims at school or people at work or at an art show (like last week) is considered a workable solution.

Now the countdown starts again to the next mass shooting.

5.4MarkVIII
06-28-2018, 11:01 PM
I would not say there has been inaction, the right seems to be more than willing to work towards solutions that don't punish innocent people but the left just wants to scream evil Hitler, baby killers at anyone who donst agree with total banning of all guns

Ponyryd
06-28-2018, 11:12 PM
Isn’t there a different forum for this kinda talk? Black Flag I thought, no?

hsousa88
06-28-2018, 11:15 PM
Isn’t there a different forum for this kinda talk? Black Flag I thought, no?

I thought so too.

In other news, my fox is driving pretty fuckin nice!

stangstevers
06-29-2018, 07:59 AM
I thought so too.

In other news, my fox is driving pretty fuckin nice!

Mine too! I don't know why I didn't start with the Max Motorsport front-end stuff. No rubs, turns full lock, ride is smooth, handles extremely well and no funny "coilover noises". I can't wait to get started on the "part II" of my 5oh... I'm thinking 331 stroker, my twisted wedge heads, TF cam... it will be a little suffocated especially with the tubular intake but should be more than the 230-240hp I probably have now (ported GT40 heads, B303 cam)...

stangstevers
06-29-2018, 08:01 AM
oh, wife's annoying friend is coming over soon and staying the night. I was warned to not leave the house or even hide in the garage to work on my cars. I got a bag of weed with my name on it and a fully loaded beer fridge to survive the day LMAO. Oops the drinking is about to commence... nothing like 8am buzz (dont judge it's vacation day and I'm not driving anywhere).

Laffs
06-29-2018, 11:17 AM
Friday goin pretty well so far. Got a nice irish ice coffee in hand, new Drake albums out, Tiger's showing signs of life for the weekend at QL National, its all happening!

hsousa88
06-29-2018, 01:51 PM
Damn is it hot out there. Contemplating on cutting the grass.. or replace my outboard impeller. It’s cooler in the garage and the beer is closer.. impeller it is. Have a great weekend everyone.

stangstevers
06-29-2018, 02:16 PM
Lol @ drake... such a talentless hack that couldn’t sing in tune if his life depended on it lol such stupid shit...

stangstevers
06-29-2018, 02:17 PM
Damn is it hot out there. Contemplating on cutting the grass.. or replace my outboard impeller. It’s cooler in the garage and the beer is closer.. impeller it is. Have a great weekend everyone.

Everyone laughed when I put a cup holder on my lawn mower lol

hsousa88
06-29-2018, 03:00 PM
Lol @ drake... such a talentless hack that couldn’t sing in tune if his life depended on it lol such stupid shit...

I respect what Drake has done for the city and for himself. I’m not a fan of his music at all.. I don’t hate on him either tho. I just find it hilarious when people put him up there with the greats of hiphop.. it’s a joke.

Ponyryd
06-29-2018, 05:54 PM
Any reason for this dislike of Drake? I like some of his music and honestly I really respect that he’s a very proud Canadian/Torontonian. It’s cool seeing him at the Raptors games, and as far as rappers go he’s one of the better ones.

There’s no question he’s better than that dbag Kanye.

Friday goin pretty well so far. Got a nice irish ice coffee in hand, new Drake albums out, Tiger's showing signs of life for the weekend at QL National, its all happening!

Lol, good luck with the Tigers.

hsousa88
06-29-2018, 06:02 PM
Any reason for this dislike of Drake? I like some of his music and honestly I really respect that he’s a very proud Canadian/Torontonian. It’s cool seeing him at the Raptors games, and as far as rappers go he’s one of the better ones.

Reasons? I just don’t listen to that type of music. I listen to hip hop for good bars and a nice beat. Drake has 1/2 of that. He claims to be a great rapper, ok cool.. I can name at least 10 underground cats that would chew him up. Record numbers don’t mean shit in hip hop nowadays, half his fans are 13 yrs old.

Yours truly, a hip hop head.

Edit: Kanye’s first 2 albums are at least handful times better than anything drake has ever put out. He produced his own beats too.

Laffs
06-29-2018, 06:17 PM

Lol, good luck with the Tigers.

Woods not Detroit.

Ponyryd
06-29-2018, 07:17 PM
Woods not Detroit.

Tigers are sucking right now.....give zero craps about golf, only watch if I can’t get to sleep, lol. Have a good weekend bud.

stangstevers
06-30-2018, 04:17 PM
Wow this heat! Wife wants to add a pool lol

The fox handles the heat pretty good, me not so much. Lol

Screw
06-30-2018, 04:50 PM
Reasons? I just don’t listen to that type of music. I listen to hip hop for good bars and a nice beat. Drake has 1/2 of that. He claims to be a great rapper, ok cool.. I can name at least 10 underground cats that would chew him up. Record numbers don’t mean shit in hip hop nowadays, half his fans are 13 yrs old.

Yours truly, a hip hop head.

Edit: Kanye’s first 2 albums are at least handful times better than anything drake has ever put out. He produced his own beats too.

Can’t stand Kanye , if I hear a song on the radio I immediately change stations lol...everyone’s got their own flavour.

Yours truly an OG
:D

stangstevers
07-01-2018, 06:13 AM
If you need auto tune set to max and pitch correction to sort of “sing” you are not talented.

WTF
07-01-2018, 01:23 PM
go Leafs go

holy fuck....we got John Tavares

hsousa88
07-01-2018, 04:54 PM
Fox got a much needed bath today.. letting it cool down out there and then a lengthy cruise is in demand. Happy Canada Day everyone!

Old Fart
07-02-2018, 01:19 AM
Watching an interview on mavtv with Don Prudhomme and Tom McEwen!!

Minaccia
07-02-2018, 05:24 AM
Not kidding but I like this heat and I'll take it any time over cold weather.

stangstevers
07-02-2018, 05:48 AM
AC died yesterday, it never breaks during winter lol... House is at 26 degrees :/

ZR
07-02-2018, 06:10 AM
^ Yikes!!!

hsousa88
07-02-2018, 09:57 AM
AC died yesterday, it never breaks during winter lol... House is at 26 degrees :/

We have ours set at 23/24.. decent on the main floor.. nipples will cut through concrete in the basement. Damn bungalows.

Zexhuffer
07-02-2018, 11:29 AM
We have ours set at 23/24.. decent on the main floor.. nipples will cut through concrete in the basement. Damn bungalows.

23/24...holy shit...mine is set to 18 lol

hsousa88
07-02-2018, 11:31 AM

18?!?! Wtf? You sure that thermostat is working properly?

True Blue
07-02-2018, 11:46 AM
Wow 18!!! Shit I keep mine set at 24C and it's comfortable.

Nsty04SVT
07-02-2018, 12:49 PM

Ours is set at 20 :thumbsup:

stangstevers
07-02-2018, 02:45 PM
23.5 here normally... 27 right now tho lol

I ordered a capacitor online should be here tomorrow, everything adds up in terms of voltage but at 15 bucks worth a shot... the connector or solenoid works good. I’m guessing it’s the actual compressor/condenser that’s out tho... hope I find someone tomorrow lol

Armen
07-02-2018, 04:11 PM
I have mine set at 26. I keep all the window shades and shutters closed.

stangstevers
07-02-2018, 04:48 PM
Lol I just took a nap in the unfinished basement, sitting in the garage watching the rain dance on the hot pavement thinking about memories life and death.

WTF
07-02-2018, 05:07 PM
muther nature is not helping me water the yard this year

gonna get another one of those notices from the city telling me to check for a leak....not to mention the water bill

Screw
07-02-2018, 08:24 PM
Hawt humid moving apartments all weekend ....beers and sleep needed
Luv Montreal, infrastructure is 2 decades behind , but food and lady’s make up for it

stangstevers
07-03-2018, 02:24 PM
Welp I fixed my own damn AC unit... 2 "repair" guys came over to sell me a new system. I'm stupid but not trudeau level stupid... the system I have is just 6 or 7 years old.

Anyway there aren't many moving parts so I tested the solenoid thing (they call it a connector?) and that worked, no resistance and I bypassed it to make sure... fan was working but I figured it was either the capacitor or the thermal switch inside the compressor thing... but it sounded like it wanted to boot up just missing a little juice.

So I tested the capacitor (don't have capacitance in my digital multimeter) so after discharging the thing, I checked... fan side had low resistance and it moved around... other side (compressor side) showed no resistance, just wide-open... also no amp draw after testing it very stupidly with direct AC power... (don't do this unless completely sober and have a total respect for electricity).

Anyway ordered one rush from amazon and voila... damn thing is humming like a new machine and cold air blasts my junk once again as I sit here in an awkward position typing this. The only thing is the new capacitor is 45/5 the same as old but the package is much smaller. I hope that doesn't make much a difference. I may order another of the same part number in case. Just need to go to a HVAC supply place I guess.

83 5.0
07-03-2018, 06:28 PM
My AC struggles to keep the house at 73 F seems to like being set to 75, then will cycle off and on properly. @stangstevers, good call, most people would have given up their first born to get the AC back on. Backup capacitor is cheap insurance.

5.4MarkVIII
07-03-2018, 07:55 PM
Looks like will be truck shopping again but my dealer says they can’t find the exact truck we had. Will have to order and be without a truck till it comes in or settle for less options.

Insurance is giving us an extra week with the rental so we can take the boys camping like planned next week.

They gave us a GMC 2500 as a rental so we could tow the trailer.
I like having the bigger truck (and the stock suspension handles the trailer better than the half ton. But easy to upgrade suspension to handle that) But how can anyone justify paying the extra cost of a 2500 or 250 3/4 ton to get the same tow raiting offered by the f150 with the eco boost?

And the fuel economy in the gm is HORRABLE. Like averaging 20l/100km kind of bad.

I did go look at the new ram. And it looks good in the sport package and claims 12750 lb tow raiting. And 13L/100km

But still not as well equipped for the price as the F150

Though they are offering 0% financing.

stangstevers
07-03-2018, 08:11 PM
I got over 20l/100km in the f250 too... when I rented one. Ouch

Screw
07-03-2018, 08:40 PM
Welp I fixed my own damn AC unit... 2 "repair" guys came over to sell me a new system. I'm stupid but not trudeau level stupid... the system I have is just 6 or 7 years old.

Anyway there aren't many moving parts so I tested the solenoid thing (they call it a connector?) and that worked, no resistance and I bypassed it to make sure... fan was working but I figured it was either the capacitor or the thermal switch inside the compressor thing... but it sounded like it wanted to boot up just missing a little juice.

So I tested the capacitor (don't have capacitance in my digital multimeter) so after discharging the thing, I checked... fan side had low resistance and it moved around... other side (compressor side) showed no resistance, just wide-open... also no amp draw after testing it very stupidly with direct AC power... (don't do this unless completely sober and have a total respect for electricity).

Anyway ordered one rush from amazon and voila... damn thing is humming like a new machine and cold air blasts my junk once again as I sit here in an awkward position typing this. The only thing is the new capacitor is 45/5 the same as old but the package is much smaller. I hope that doesn't make much a difference. I may order another of the same part number in case. Just need to go to a HVAC supply place I guess.

45/5 & ur good to go nice

5.4MarkVIII
07-03-2018, 08:41 PM
sounds like the insurance company should either front you a rental until the same truck is brought in, or possibly foot the surplus to pay for one that has a few extra options.

You bought insurance for replacement, not substitution.

the truck is a lease. so when the insurance pays out the claim they pay it out to ford its up to me to go lease another vehicle. (which could be crap cuz I believe the good lease incentives just ended today) but the insurance company is only required to provide a rental until the claim is settled, though they would typically give a few extra days to allow you to purchase something else. in my case the have allowed the extra week though 5 to 7 weeks shy of lead time to order a new truck from the factory

5.4MarkVIII
07-03-2018, 08:44 PM
I got over 20l/100km in the f250 too... when I rented one. Ouch

yeah seems not worth it unless you drop the extra 10 k for the diesel, especially since the 2500 gmc I got has less power than the f150, less options than the f150, is priced over 10 k more than I payed for my f150 and only has a bout a 1000 lb higher tow rating.

the only real plus is the better suspension but air bags in the f150 took care of that fairly well

5.4MarkVIII
07-04-2018, 08:47 AM
Call late last night. Truck was found. Sounds like a chase. Officer said it was driven accross a field and they had two people in custody. Waiting to hear back from the towing company so I can go see how bad it is.

Laffs
07-04-2018, 11:13 AM
Call late last night. Truck was found. Sounds like a chase. Officer said it was driven accross a field and they had two people in custody. Waiting to hear back from the towing company so I can go see how bad it is.

Might be a mixed blessing. Probably don't want it back now, push em to total it hopefully.

Also further to the above, unless it's spending it's life with a trailer hooked up there's no real advantage to a 2500 Gasser DD. The ride is harsher unloaded, fuel economy will suck, and everything tends to cost a little bit more when its 8 lug. That all said they certainly look cool and have good presence.

hsousa88
07-04-2018, 03:45 PM
Was just looking at the prices for a loaded ram 2500... $80k +

Goddamn. Why so much? Definitely a lottery DD for me.

5.4MarkVIII
07-04-2018, 03:45 PM
Just finished a test drive on a 2019 Ram Sport in pearl white with black accents.

First impression.....

Damn. Kudos to Dodge. They have stepped up their game big time.

And with the proper set up you can get a tow raiting of 12750 is lbs. so almost as good as the F150 eco boost.

The interior is very nice. Although the nave screen is just flat out ugly in map mode. Lol

But 10 grand more than i payed for the f150 sport. With the same kind of options.

Laffs
07-04-2018, 03:46 PM

That a diesel with Aisin? You can stack discounts on em if you wait for no charge cummins time, plus employee and all that. But ya, easily 70k out the door.

hsousa88
07-04-2018, 03:49 PM
That a diesel with Aisin? You can stack discounts on em if you wait for no charge cummins time, plus employee and all that. But ya, easily 70k out the door.

That’s a 6.7 with almost every option.. not that I would ever consider buying one but it’s fun to dream.

Makes me appreciate the stupid good deal I got on mine

hsousa88
07-04-2018, 03:52 PM
Just finished a test drive on a 2019 Ram Sport in pearl white with black accents.

First impression.....

And with the proper set up you can get a tow raiting of 12750 is lbs. so almost as good as the F150 eco boost.

The interior is very nice. Although the nave screen is just flat out ugly in map mode. Lol

But 10 grand more than i payed for the f150 sport. With the same kind of options.

Love my ram.. the 2018 slt megacab I had as a rental had the same ugly nav screen but was a sweet truck with the 8 speed trans. Skip the nav, go aftermarket.. win/win. My pioneer is the tits.

Laffs
07-04-2018, 04:10 PM

First impression.....

Guarantee if you deal they will get it to same price as the F150. I paid less for my Ram Sport than a comparable F150. Ended up deep in discounts.

As per Nav mode, I generally keep my screen to radio mode with the nav on, and enable it to do directions through the 8" dash screen.

Was it the brand new 2019 style or was it a 2018? If it's a 2018 they will deal, HARD.

Laffs
07-04-2018, 04:18 PM
This is the same truck I got options wise

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Ram/1500/Oakville/Ontario/5_36036441_/?ncse=no&orup=56_15_342&pc=N8S+3C4&sprx=-2

and I paid a little under 4k less.

5.4MarkVIII
07-04-2018, 04:38 PM
was the brand new 2019.

only hitch so far other than price, was the sport is not available with the E tourque option which is what you need to get the 12750 tow raiting, he can get as much as 11000 with the sport but that's with going to a steep gear, not sure how that's gonna help the fuel economy

still waiting to find out what insurance is saying about the truck so don't know whats happening yet

Laffs
07-04-2018, 04:48 PM
3.92s? Mine seemed to helped fuel econ in town, easier to go light to light and on the highway no real difference vs my brothers 3.31. Maybe .5l/100km or so.

trickflow-jay
07-04-2018, 06:54 PM

just do it!!! yolo baby yolo

trickflow-jay
07-04-2018, 06:58 PM
This is the same truck I got options wise

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Ram/1500/Oakville/Ontario/5_36036441_/?ncse=no&orup=56_15_342&pc=N8S+3C4&sprx=-2

and I paid a little under 4k less.

pretty badass!!

5.4MarkVIII
07-04-2018, 08:16 PM
3.92s? Mine seemed to helped fuel econ in town, easier to go light to light and on the highway no real difference vs my brothers 3.31. Maybe .5l/100km or so.

got a call back from the sals man not long after I got home. to correct the towing numbers he gave me.

to get the 12750LB raiting you need the new E Torque option which is only available in the Long Horn and the top of the line one. (name skips my mind currently)

the truck I test drove had the 3.31 ish gears and is raited for around 9000lbs,

but if I go with the 3.92(?) then it is rated for 11000.

which would be enough since I need about 10,500 if im loaded to the max with trailer boat and full cargo usually right around the 10000lb mark

he said the drive train is exactly the same as the previous years with the exception of the E torque.

what kind of combined milage are you seeing with the 5.7 hemi and the 3.92?

Laffs
07-04-2018, 08:19 PM
I'm not a great test candidate. I make frequent short trips and idle a lot.

5.4MarkVIII
07-04-2018, 08:21 PM
https://www.exeterchrysler.ca/new/Ram/2019-Ram-1500-3d9c2ae60a0d0c146c373b9f5d71d1b5.htm

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not a great test candidate. I make frequent short trips and idle a lot.

I have a heavy foot and speed a lot so it may pan out lol

Ponyryd
07-04-2018, 08:55 PM
I can’t say about the new ones, but I have seen as good as 22mpg for a truck like Laffs has, seems most are 18-19mpgs. Anyone with real numbers please feel free to correct me.
I’m sure ZR and Ghost Rider would be happy to share their numbers.

Laffs
07-05-2018, 12:29 AM
My average right now is 14mpg (18l/100km) with the caveats. My commute to work is literally under a km, so trucks on then immediately off. There are days when it gets turned on at 7am and don't turn it off till 1-2pm going to and from places around town and staying running while I do what I need. I honestly think because of my usage economy would be same if I drove a 2500/3500.

Highway only I get average 21mpg (11l/100km), my last trip to US I averaged just over 11l/100km doing 80-85mph, to MTL doing 120kmh on the nose was right at 11l/100km average.

ZR
07-05-2018, 06:43 AM
Had mine about a yr now, never disappoints. For Mustangs at Mosport, steel enclosed trailer with Mustang inside plus box full to the max with gear plus back seat similarly loaded, even with just 3:23 in the rear, truck pulled like a rock star without breaking a sweat. Does it so effortlessly, get the impression Ram underrates towing capacity by a substantial margin. Keep in mind, making that statement based on the ease of which if pulls, not the fact it will physically move it. Only thing it needs to feel absolutely planted with that much wt, LT rated tires but super squishy stockers still felt decent when pumped to max PSI.
In the same breath, if you liked your EB F150, why not get the same again. At least you know for sure how it felt and performed. We have three Ford dealer sponsors, any of which would be happy to work with you to get whatever best suits.

stangstevers
07-05-2018, 07:42 AM
It's interesting that rice is still a thing in 2018. Civics with fart cans on the 401 this morning. That particular automotive style has been laughed at since it started and much worse once the internet broke out in the mid 90's. Why are people still making their rides sound like a dog's wet fart?

stangstevers
07-05-2018, 08:28 AM
Also fuck cancer... It's fucking hard to see someone who was always a big dude go from an average of 250 pounds down to not even 100. I didn't have a great relationship with my father but always seen him as indestructible, even at my age. Now to see his bony arms as the cancer slowly eats him away is fucking disturbing. Doctors gave him 3 months to live... LAST YEAR! He has this form of cancer now that eats muscle and other tissue.

5.4MarkVIII
07-05-2018, 10:17 AM
FUCK ME. I need need a god damn break. I swear to god. I’m tired of one god damn kick in the ass after another. I love my wife but Jesus she is causing so much greef right now. Still dealing with the truck that was stolen becasie she left her damn keys in it. And she just calls me and tells me she hit the fuckin post in the Tim’s drive threw with the fucking rental truck.

Laffs
07-05-2018, 10:35 AM
New truck, new wife, new life.

stangstevers
07-05-2018, 12:16 PM
God damn dude! Talk about luck! Your insurance rates must be interesting.

Ponyryd
07-05-2018, 02:09 PM
Shit, hope the you got the rental insurance, in which case it’s not even worth a fight.
Also, not sure how Ford dies it, but if you leave your key (proximity key, meaning keyless start) in a ram and lock it, it will unlock and beep the horn to let you know

83 5.0
07-05-2018, 03:14 PM
New truck, new wife, new life.

Some funny sh.. there. My daughter is my ulcer with cars, love her to bits but, she had my wifes 99 CRV, never any damage in the 3 or 4 years she drove it, . Got her a 2016 Honda Fit, has hit 2 curbs racking up $2200.00 in repairs, Ach Wee as my scottish Grandpa would say..

5.4MarkVIII
07-05-2018, 04:34 PM
Shit, hope the you got the rental insurance, in which case it’s not even worth a fight.
Also, not sure how Ford dies it, but if you leave your key (proximity key, meaning keyless start) in a ram and lock it, it will unlock and beep the horn to let you know

im pretty sure our Lincoln would lock the doors on th second attempt if you use one fob to lock and the other fob was in the truck, know this cuz the wife would leave her purse in if we were out and about and id lock the truck with my key. apparently not the case with the new truck.

also no didn't buy the rental insurance because we are careful drivers and don't run into things

Ponyryd
07-05-2018, 05:51 PM
also no didn't buy the rental insurance because we are careful drivers and don't run into things

:)

5.4MarkVIII
07-05-2018, 08:00 PM
:)

I know, right!

Laffs
07-05-2018, 11:02 PM
im pretty sure our Lincoln would lock the doors on th second attempt if you use one fob to lock and the other fob was in the truck, know this cuz the wife would leave her purse in if we were out and about and id lock the truck with my key. apparently not the case with the new truck.

Ram will let you lock a key inside the truck with the other key, but won't let you push the button on the door to lock it if the keys inside. I think this is typical of most OEMs and proximity keys.

stangstevers
07-06-2018, 08:54 AM
wow so parents are no longer in denial about my father... that's good. Makes the transition a little easier for us kids now. May need to take time off to help them organize and negotiate funeral stuff... fucking hell that's not something I thought I'd end up doing but we all go through it I suppose.

Old Fart
07-06-2018, 10:33 AM
So sorry to hear...thoughts and prayers

stangstevers
07-06-2018, 01:53 PM
For the first time, I'm proud of a politician. Ford speaks the truth, now to send all the illegal migrants to ottawa. Make them all live in trudeau's backyard in tents.

stangstevers
07-06-2018, 03:52 PM
Would have been great if he got ran over... of all the pedestrian deaths in the city, why can’t the biggest moron of Canada get killed? Life isn’t fair

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/prime-minister-trudeau-spotted-jogging-in-toronto-1.4002354

5.4MarkVIII
07-06-2018, 09:05 PM
I think she has been paid handsomely to keep her mouth shut

83 5.0
07-06-2018, 10:34 PM
Nice to see the full truth of Justin Trudeaus virtue signalling with his handsy moment. He mansplained plenty to Kent Hehr(I still giggle like a 10 year old when I say his name) and the other Liberals caught being not as virtuous as JT.
Now if he would just maybe invest in a jogging shirt, the honeymoon phase of being wowed by a shirtless PM ( like Putin) being shirtless is so 2015.

stangstevers
07-07-2018, 06:49 AM
JT’s mom should have swallowed Castro’s sperm that night... what a stupid **** for having such a stupid child.

WTF
07-07-2018, 08:47 AM
I've been reading from folks who seem to be in-the-know that this 18 year old grope story is just the beginning of this fucking bullshit-artist's problems.....seems his wondering hands have been on the prowl much more recently and frequently and the women involved are making contact with the media because of his awesome handling of the Kokanee-Grope

so this is not the end of the story....it's just the start

but Trudeau and his entire cabinet are getting shredded on Twitter by parody accounts....it's pure entertainment

here's a parody account of CBC's 22 Minutes....and unlike the real account....it's funny as fuck

https://twitter.com/222Minutes

Justin Trudeau may not recall any negative interactions with a journalist at a music festival 18 years ago, but 222 minutes has sworn affidavits from 7513 people who were there at the time and were asked by a "vaguely Cuban looking dude" to "smell my fingers, Bro."

ZR
07-07-2018, 03:29 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DheH5L8UYAA2ozW.jpg

stangstevers
07-07-2018, 04:38 PM
Lawn needs to be mowed but beer needs drinking

hsousa88
07-07-2018, 04:40 PM
Lawn needs to be mowed but beer needs drinking

Did mine this morning, followed by a nice cold banquet.

I had breakfast...

stangstevers
07-08-2018, 12:55 PM
Coors? How do you like it? My goto is slemen 2.0 these days.

hsousa88
07-08-2018, 03:14 PM
Coors? How do you like it? My goto is slemen 2.0 these days.

Yep coors banquet. I love it. A buddy of mine put me on it last summer and it’s been my go to since. I’m not picky tho.. if it’s beer I drink.

IanGTCS
07-08-2018, 09:04 PM
Yep coors banquet. I love it. A buddy of mine put me on it last summer and it’s been my go to since. I’m not picky tho.. if it’s beer I drink.

I'm a big fan of Coors Banquet. Pick up a case every time I'm in the states because it is so much cheaper there. Along with Sleeman Original Draft and Laker Red it is one of my go to beers. Are any of them great beers? Nope, but they are very drinkable.

stangstevers
07-09-2018, 07:35 AM
I still didn't mow the lawn, I'm that neighbour now...

BUT OMFG people with pools are annoying as fak. Can't wait to be one but I wouldn't feel right blasting top40 junk and allowing kids to scream at the top of their lungs until 10pm on Sunday. Jesus Christ are people dicks these days.

Just 10 more years and I'm moving to a farm and semi-retiring. Can't wait to have to DRIVE to see a neighbour lol Also offroad obstacle course and driving lessons... also a Kart track and petting zoo. That's the life I want.

ZR
07-09-2018, 07:38 AM
^ similar situation with "pool neighbors" behind us. Everyone around them is sick to death of the barking dog, screaming kids, loud music which generally starts late mornings and runs till the wee hours then repeats. Same douches insist on blowing off fireworks at similar hours.

stangstevers
07-09-2018, 07:52 AM
I don't get personal fireworks to be honest.

Maybe I'm old and grumpy but I feel like no human should be allowed to live next to another.

Laffs
07-09-2018, 08:55 AM
^ similar situation with "pool neighbors" behind us. Everyone around them is sick to death of the barking dog, screaming kids, loud music which generally starts late mornings and runs till the wee hours then repeats. Same douches insist on blowing off fireworks at similar hours.

Preach brother. Going through hell with the idiots next to us on either side. I had a pool growing up and so did our neighbors then, but lord help me or my siblings if we let out never ending screeching or tried to blast music at max volume. Also we were told to get out of the pool by 10pm.

Not these folks, on one side it's every day like you said, they're in by 10 am and the screaming starts immediately. Then by dinner it's loud music that all sounds like shit to me (both in variant/genre and quality from the terrible walmart stereo). I usually get a reprice from the screaming at 8 when they go in garage to smoke week or something, but then its all hollering again. The other side is no fireworks but screaming/screeching kids run in and out of their inflatable pool, or and old dog they never walk barking nonstop and getting sick all over lawn.

I found a remnant of a fire work a foot from my wife's car, hucked that in their pool along with some of their dogs shit where he dug under the fence and got in my yard.

I'm 31, and I also see no fucking point to fireworks, especially in a residential neighborhood. I also hate people.

stangstevers
07-09-2018, 09:12 AM
I need this place https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/Single-Family/19302415/6216-SUNNIDALE-TOS-TOWN-LINE-Clearview-Ontario-L0M1K0-Rural-Clearview

BTW the loud neighbours behind me, covered up a city drain (about 10foot city property behind us for drainage) and they completely covered it to put a play house over it... 5 to 10k fine. I would never call the city on someone but others may. Besides they put their inground pool pretty close to trees, just a matter of time until the roots start ripping apart the liner.

Laffs
07-09-2018, 10:53 AM
I need this place https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/Single-Family/19302415/6216-SUNNIDALE-TOS-TOWN-LINE-Clearview-Ontario-L0M1K0-Rural-Clearview

BTW the loud neighbours behind me, covered up a city drain (about 10foot city property behind us for drainage) and they completely covered it to put a play house over it... 5 to 10k fine. I would never call the city on someone but others may. Besides they put their inground pool pretty close to trees, just a matter of time until the roots start ripping apart the liner.

4 acres, too close to people. I need this:

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/Single-Family/19504428/9870-9th-CONCESSION-Colchester-North-Ontario-N8M2X5

Old Fart
07-09-2018, 11:02 AM
With all the hassles moving to my 190 acre lot, that is one problem that I am very happy to have solved.

stangstevers
07-09-2018, 11:04 AM
4 acres, too close to people. I need this:

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/Single-Family/19504428/9870-9th-CONCESSION-Colchester-North-Ontario-N8M2X5

omg!

Das 5.0
07-09-2018, 12:05 PM

My neighbor behind me whom I haven't seen in the seven years I have lived here is putting in a monster pool as we speak - has been worked on for a month now and probably another 2 weeks at least. The kids there are older like adult age so I don't expect too much noise ?

stangstevers
07-09-2018, 01:47 PM
Got a quote for an inground as it looks less redneck but 30g plus tax for a model I like. Plus this is not our "forever home" so I don't really see spending that much on a pool really worth it, it doesn't affect value. I'd do it if we were in California or in the middle of nowhere. So roughly 20k more for an inground. I could do a Coyote swap with that money and enjoy it much more lol

Minaccia
07-09-2018, 02:37 PM
Heard a rumor this club is hosting a Grudge Day at St. Thomas Raceway Park in early September.

V6416
07-09-2018, 03:00 PM
Would love to see pictures of members cars with their TMC decals on!

newbiestangowner
07-09-2018, 05:13 PM
Would love to see pictures of members cars with their TMC decals on!

U want more decal or car lol-
U can hardly see decal if I put car in it using my cell phone cam lol

V6416
07-09-2018, 07:54 PM
Lol good point! Are yours on the quarter windows

newbiestangowner
07-09-2018, 08:27 PM
Lol good point! Are yours on the quarter windows

Yes it is
Here’s a pic and if u squint hard enough u can see the decal lol

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180710/ee4d81298fe1e0587a195bef5d6c439a.jpg

Here is more decal lol

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180710/10696bb4ec99431a48e4ab9352bcabec.jpg

Why you don’t know where to put it??

V6416
07-09-2018, 08:39 PM
I always know where to put it lol.

Nice car! Looks freshly washed and waxed :)

Did you put them on the inside of the glass? I've got tints so it would be hard to see them if I did that

newbiestangowner
07-09-2018, 08:46 PM
I always know where to put it lol.

Nice car! Looks freshly washed and waxed :)

Did you put them on the inside of the glass? I've got tints so it would be hard to see them if I did that

No outside- if I remember correctly the adhesive allows u to stick it one way- I guess you can stick it inside if u want but it will be backwards ( from the outside :shrug:)

Others have put it elsewhere- if u check “ uncle buck boost build” I think I saw Al have it somewhere else

mavrrrick
07-09-2018, 09:15 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180710/7559b0d6dffb7e3076ab167d683f8025.jpg

Scrape
07-10-2018, 06:30 AM
:stickpoke::facepalm::slap:

Laffs
07-10-2018, 08:14 AM
^ Great looking ride but whats the markup above sticker on that one.

stangstevers
07-10-2018, 08:42 AM
I really love that color!

RedSN
07-10-2018, 08:49 AM
What a car!

...but I just spit up my coffee looking at the $91k.

V6416
07-10-2018, 08:31 PM

stangstevers
07-11-2018, 10:41 AM
Noisy pool neighbour enjoying a quiet coffee by the pool and a phone call. Shame if someone mowed their lawn awfully slow in the morning. muahahahahaha

69mullet
07-11-2018, 06:33 PM
Jesus Murphy, haven't been around these parts for a while!

55 HD
07-11-2018, 08:21 PM
Jesus Murphy, haven't been around these parts for a while!

Hows Adam. Yup been a while

Laffs
07-12-2018, 10:13 AM
Why do I have such a vivid recollection of a 1996 Corvette Grand Sport with Fiske wheels I once saw in an Autotrader when I was 14, but can't remember where the fuck I put down my coffee cup...

stangstevers
07-12-2018, 10:36 AM
going for a consultation at Lasik md... I just don't like the idea of cutting open an eye ball and all that. But short term pain for long-term gain...

My vision has not changed in almost 10 years but doctor says when you reach mid 40's you will need reading glasses... WTF so I will need bifocals? lol He said with Lasik, I will have 20/20 for at least 5 years and the reading glasses crap may happen after that. I figure I'd rather have glasses for working on the computer than driving... or needing both :(

Aging to me is a big reason not to believe in god. Aging is a natural process that allows us to die and make room for the next, I get the "nature" aspect of it. If there was a being that "designed" us... why the fuck did he not just design us to be 100% perfect and just randomly die instead of this aging bullshit. No cancer, no loss of energy or anything... just live like you're always in a 20 year old body and when your time is up, it's up. No more natural suffering.

RedSN
07-12-2018, 10:44 AM
If there was a being that "designed" us... why the fuck did he not just design us to be 100% perfect and just randomly die instead of this aging bullshit.
Guess it would be great if Ford designed the car the same way. But no.

stangstevers
07-12-2018, 10:48 AM
LOL Never break down? Maybe if we went with electric versus ICE... it would be much more reliable.

Also... reading about laser, now want to chicken out.

RedSN
07-12-2018, 11:38 AM
My wife got it. She described the process to me. I had to stop her at the "eye poke" test.

stangstevers
07-12-2018, 12:07 PM
I dont even like putting eye drops in there... fuck it... glasses it is.

Ponyryd
07-12-2018, 01:01 PM
LOL Never break down? Maybe if we went with electric versus ICE... it would be much more reliable.

Also... reading about laser, now want to chicken out.

Are you actually saying electrics don’t break down, lol, this isn’t the joke thread.

With regards to LASIK, my wife got it done 6-7 years ago and it was well worth it for her, $4500 at Tayfour here in Windsor. I watched the procedure, pretty cool but a lot if money fir 2 minutes work, lol

Laffs
07-12-2018, 02:35 PM
Are you actually saying electrics don’t break down, lol, this isn’t the joke thread.

With regards to LASIK, my wife got it done 6-7 years ago and it was well worth it for her, $4500 at Tayfour here in Windsor. I watched the procedure, pretty cool but a lot if money fir 2 minutes work, lol

Theres a reason he's got a Wraith, Aventador SV, i8 and an LFA

hsousa88
07-12-2018, 05:28 PM
I’m dropping the cash for it by the end of the year... fuck it. My union helps a lil so why not.

Tired of glasses. I wore contacts for almost 10 yrs, got a infection once because of them and never tried again.

It’s only money right?

1quikgt
07-12-2018, 08:33 PM
Got my LASIK done 12 years ago. Still say it’s the best money I’ve ever spent.

ZR
07-12-2018, 10:04 PM
In spite of a complication with my surgery, hell yes I'd do it again.

Ponyryd
07-12-2018, 11:01 PM
Theres a reason he's got a Wraith, Aventador SV, i8 and an LFA

Among many others I’m sure. We had in a yellow Alfa 4C Spider a few weeks ago which was apparently his also.
I’d do it again for sure, even though it wasn’t for me I’m happy to pay for it, her eyes were terrible, and wearing glasses really affected her work.

His wraith is butt-ugly IMO, for the record, lol.

Old Fart
07-12-2018, 11:56 PM
Lots of forest fires up here...this morning we were getting smoke from a fire in Elk Lake...about 2 hours travel. Here's a vid that my brother took at the in-laws cottage...water bombers taking water.

https://www.facebook.com/marc.c.girouard/videos/10216396756607428/

stangstevers
07-13-2018, 06:53 AM
Married an accountant... I got a huge chunk of change coming my way, like enough for almost 2 coyote swaps... but nooooo, pay down the mortgage... what's the fun in that? I want 10 grand for the notch for engine and more suspension mods and I can barely get like thousand bucks out of this... :/ "Do you want debt when you die"... Fuck yeah I do... I have enough insurance to clear the house and the house is worth enough to give a good kick start for my kid.

ZR
07-13-2018, 06:57 AM
Lots of forest fires up here...this morning we were getting smoke from a fire in Elk Lake...about 2 hours travel. Here's a vid that my brother took at the in-laws cottage...water bombers taking water.

https://www.facebook.com/marc.c.girouard/videos/10216396756607428/

Been through Elk Lake many times sledding, hard to imagine how many fires are burning right now.
Can't access.

Laffs
07-13-2018, 09:44 AM
Among many others I’m sure. We had in a yellow Alfa 4C Spider a few weeks ago which was apparently his also.
I’d do it again for sure, even though it wasn’t for me I’m happy to pay for it, her eyes were terrible, and wearing glasses really affected her work.

His wraith is butt-ugly IMO, for the record, lol.

4C is his wifes I believe. Agree to disagree on Wraith.

stangstevers
07-13-2018, 10:55 AM
I'm in the wrong business. I could stab eyes for that kind of money... probably have a lot of law suites though

Zexhuffer
07-13-2018, 12:27 PM
Working two streets over from the ex and hear the sound of high pitch engines ripping through the horrid hot air

stangstevers
07-13-2018, 12:38 PM
On my mind... fat women shouldn't be allowed to wear yoga pants. LOL Sorry, I just can't unsee what I just saw at lunch... *barf*

stangstevers
07-13-2018, 03:14 PM
Ironically to the previous... It will be easier to put on beer goggles now? Beer sold at corner stores? Is this for real?

WTF
07-15-2018, 09:24 AM
thanks for that 80% chance of rain yesterday Muther Nature....all I got was the 20% chance of zero fucking rain

and it seems my constant watering of the yard has attracted something other than a huge water bill

we've got a baby skunk now

it's hasn't burrowed under anything in my yard....but must be close by

the little fucker seems to like chilling on my soft grass all fucking hours of the day

showed up first at 11am yesterday

then I was face-to-face with the little bastard while watering flowers at the back of the yard at 230pm

then another face-to-face when I was putting something in the green bin at 9pm last night

I swear the cute little fucker is friendly and is literally chasing me down to say hi.....but the thought of getting sprayed by it is a total mindfuck

got a call in to the guys who trapped all the raccoons last year cause I need this thing gone

IanGTCS
07-15-2018, 09:31 AM
Ironically to the previous... It will be easier to put on beer goggles now? Beer sold at corner stores? Is this for real?

Apparently the provinces contract with the beer store runs through 2025 and breaking it would cost a substantial amount of money. https://www.fin.gov.on.ca/en/consultations/beer/agreement.html

RedSN
07-15-2018, 09:36 AM
I swear the cute little fucker is friendly and is literally chasing me down to say hi....
This has the makings of another JumPy chipmunk story. Please document everything.

WTF
07-15-2018, 10:57 AM
This has the makings of another JumPy chipmunk story.

not a chance

wildlife removal dude will be here between 2-4pm

92redragtop
07-15-2018, 01:51 PM
Whoa, pretty crazy incident at Indy yesterday...driver is luckily ok though.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/driver-survives-insane-airborne-crash-honda-indy-toronto-212308448.html

Stephen06GT
07-15-2018, 02:45 PM
Whoa, pretty crazy incident at Indy yesterday...driver is luckily ok though.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/driver-survives-insane-airborne-crash-honda-indy-toronto-212308448.html

WOW!

5.4MarkVIII
07-15-2018, 02:52 PM
I showed this to my 5 year old and he says "I know what that guy was thinking" I said what's that and he sings "I believe I can fly" hahaha, hope the guys okay but my kid cracks me up

ZR
07-15-2018, 04:01 PM
Good to hear he's ok, scary moment.

Ponyryd
07-15-2018, 06:01 PM
thanks for that 80% chance of rain yesterday Muther Nature....all I got was the 20% chance of zero fucking rain

and it seems my constant watering of the yard has attracted something other than a huge water bill

we've got a baby skunk now

it's hasn't burrowed under anything in my yard....but must be close by

the little fucker seems to like chilling on my soft grass all fucking hours of the day

showed up first at 11am yesterday

then I was face-to-face with the little bastard while watering flowers at the back of the yard at 230pm

then another face-to-face when I was putting something in the green bin at 9pm last night

I swear the cute little fucker is friendly and is literally chasing me down to say hi.....but the thought of getting sprayed by it is a total mindfuck

got a call in to the guys who trapped all the raccoons last year cause I need this thing gone

I had some years ago and apparently they are attracted to lawn grubs, they’ll dig them up for a snack....but yea, maybe he just likes you, lol, they are cute when they’re little though.

WTF
07-15-2018, 07:23 PM
skunk issue is 2 doors down to the west

timing is everything

was out watering the front and saw the neighbour returning from the cottage and asked if he'd seen skunks

told him I've got a guy coming

then he got out there to cut his lawn

my guy showed up and I'm walking him through what's been happening and the neighbour comes over and says to come take a look under his backyard shed

bingo...they're under his shed

traps set up in his yard now.....and on his tab

RedSN
07-15-2018, 07:33 PM
They are kinda cute looking, until you look at their claws. Nasty little buggers.

Never really a big fan of skunks. Less so after I “conditioned” one on the farm. Smell was so bad I didn’t even realize it was a skunk. For those that don’t know what a hay conditioner is: it’s a pair of steel rollers that bend and break stalks so that the hay dries out faster.

https://maplelanefarmservice.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/sm-mf-1380-mower-12.jpg