PDA

View Full Version : Post whatever is on your mind!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96

hsousa88
10-14-2018, 10:48 PM
Waiting another month or so then I’m building a new pc.. Dunno if I want to shell out the dough for a i7-9990k or just get a 8700. A 1080ti for sure! I’m a nerd.

stangstevers
10-15-2018, 06:10 AM
I stopped the auto-update nonsense too. Next machine will be Apple. I have an old MacBook Pro, it's probably 10 years old and still runs pretty good.

stangstevers
10-15-2018, 06:21 AM
I'm having a phone interview with a company in San Fransisco this afternoon. Problem is my wife also needs to find a company to hire her....

Looks like trudeau will win a majority next year... I'm just trying to cover my family's ass. Time to ditch this bitch of a pussy country and move on to the best country in the world.

Problem is it will take me a long time to get a job in the USA :/

Screw
10-15-2018, 07:24 AM
^^rumour has it trump don’t want foreigners

5.4MarkVIII
10-15-2018, 07:34 AM
I stopped the auto-update nonsense too. Next machine will be Apple. I have an old MacBook Pro, it's probably 10 years old and still runs pretty good.

I spent the last 15 years with Apple, never really had a problem other than making it play well with non Apple things. But we wanted to be able to more easily mesh work with home, and the kids are getting to that point where projects for school are going to be more prelivent. Been nothing but I pads around here for at least 5 years. So it was either buy one computer for home to mesh with work. Or replace all the computers at work with Apple.

stangstevers
10-15-2018, 08:16 AM
Lol

Anyway winter beater is legal and it feels like I’m driving a moped.

RedSN
10-15-2018, 06:51 PM
Why is so much “preparation” required to make something not-illegal.

Am I being too simplistic in thinking that LESS law enforcement is required now, than was before?

RedSN
10-15-2018, 06:59 PM
When did newbiemustangowner become blue?

5.4MarkVIII
10-15-2018, 07:04 PM

Am I being too simplistic in thinking that LESS law enforcement is required now, than was before?

Not really. Before it’s illigal flat out but now, it leagle but only to certain people (age) only at certain times. Not in certain amounts. Caused big upgrading to business in terms of company policy and enforcement. Just like alcohol. It’s legal but not acceptable at work. Not using equipment, driving.

So now it needs to be enforced and testable. Whole different ball game.

Screw
10-15-2018, 07:39 PM
Just an observation today ..,less /no shorts & skirts.... :(

.....more yoga pants :)

NickD
10-15-2018, 08:01 PM
And your solution is to move to San Francisco?
Have you ever been to California, I was there the night Trump was elected, there was serious fear that LA was going to be on fire. They did have people block the highways for a couple days.

Dianne Feinstein is literally my worst nightmare
That would be one of the last places I'd want to move to although the weather is literally perfect.
I'm having a phone interview with a company in San Fransisco this afternoon. Problem is my wife also needs to find a company to hire her....

Looks like trudeau will win a majority next year... I'm just trying to cover my family's ass. Time to ditch this bitch of a pussy country and move on to the best country in the world.

Problem is it will take me a long time to get a job in the USA :/

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

92redragtop
10-15-2018, 10:24 PM

You won't believe the shitshow this has been. And every province has different rules and some have idiotic rules that contradict themselves and/or payment systems rules. Most of the emails I had on Thursday/Friday was about this rollout/change and kept hearing convosIn the office about it all day on Friday.

RedSN
10-15-2018, 10:39 PM
You won't believe the shitshow this has been.
But that’s my point. It feels like a contrived shit show. Yesterday it was illegal, tomorrow it will be legal. Why can’t it be as simple as continue what you were doing, just don’t throw people in jail for doing it?

hsousa88
10-15-2018, 10:51 PM
But that’s my point. It feels like a contrived shit show. Yesterday it was illegal, tomorrow it will be legal. Why can’t it be as simple as continue what you were doing, just don’t throw people in jail for doing it?

I don’t know anyone who got more than a slap on the wrist for weed 🤷*♂️

bluetoy
10-15-2018, 10:52 PM
After reading some of this thread I'm so glad I did not get sucked into the free "upgrade" from windows 7 to windows 10..

Screw
10-15-2018, 11:15 PM
Idfk I just did an upgrade on my iPhone and its glitchy

stangstevers
10-16-2018, 08:31 AM
windows 10 isn't terrible. I have it on my main machine and older surface pro... as well as work laptop. The auto updates can't be turned off via the "easy" GUI.

hammerhead
10-16-2018, 11:18 AM
Some people ask why I have a dislike for computers despite working on appliances for a living which all use computers to run.

I more than most understand warranty repair, what’s covered. What’s not. And why.
Constantly get people mad at me because misused product, three years out of warranty that cost 2500 new needs a $50part.

So why the hate for computers?

I spend 1700 on what’s suppose to be a quality system with quality components. After 6 months it does an auto update which gums up the computer.

Worked fine when I went to bed. Auto update to Windows ten, wake up in the morning. No sound.

So talk to my “IT” guy at work.
As he suggests. Un install sound driver and when I go to re install it’s gone. Go to asus website. Download driver. Reinstall
Still no sound. Try a couple other things. Still no sound. Contact Asus tech. They recommend a factory reset.
Try that. Still no sound. They tell me I’ll have to take it in.

Take it to geek squad yep known proble, with Windows 10 update. Need to reinstall up date. Tried that, need to reinstall drivers. I tried that, need to reboot from factory spec. I tried that

Oh you have one of those. Okay we need to wipe the drove and reinstall Windows 10from a different source.

What’s that gonna cost. 300 bucks. Is that corpvered under warranty? No

So my 6 month old laptop is out of commission becasie of an update that I didn’t ask for. That Microsoft knows is a problem but won’t stop the auto updates. And as a result I get to pay for the fix becasie the warranty covers the unit but not the fucking software.

I hate computers.

when I'm older than I am now I will likely disconnect - no phone - no computer - no wifi - cause when I'm 80 I ain't trying to figure out my a computer bullshit - if the government wants to get ahold of me they will have to knock on my door or buy a stamp cause I'm not pissing my money away on wifi and over priced cell service....lol i'll be fishin"

5.4MarkVIII
10-16-2018, 11:59 AM
when I'm older than I am now I will likely disconnect - no phone - no computer - no wifi - cause when I'm 80 I ain't trying to figure out my a computer bullshit - if the government wants to get ahold of me they will have to knock on my door or buy a stamp cause I'm not pissing my money away on wifi and over priced cell service....lol i'll be fishin"

I’m hoping by the time I’m 80 they can just plug the computer into our brains. I’ll just join the matrix lol

mavrrrick
10-16-2018, 12:07 PM
I’m hoping by the time I’m 80 they can just plug the computer into our brains. I’ll just join the matrix lol

I don’t think I’ll make it to 80!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stangstevers
10-16-2018, 12:09 PM
Won't have to wait that long unless you're 75-78 years old. Technology already exists and being tested... I don't really like the idea of a company like google knowing what the fuck is going on in my stupid head... how will it distinguish all the different voices I have?

I'd be thrown in jail by the literal liberal thought police.

hammerhead
10-16-2018, 02:25 PM
Won't have to wait that long unless you're 75-78 years old. Technology already exists and being tested... I don't really like the idea of a company like google knowing what the fuck is going on in my stupid head... how will it distinguish all the different voices I have?

I'd be thrown in jail by the literal liberal thought police.

lol - that ain't gonna happen with me - they'll have to find me a night with the heat seeking glass'...lol

stangstevers
10-16-2018, 03:02 PM
I'm so lazy I have the same strings on my 12-string for like 3 years... they dunn no more gewd. times for a changin but itsa too much work.

Ponyryd
10-16-2018, 08:46 PM
Well apparently Amsoil is now offering something awesome for us. We all know gear oil is hard to get in your diff with a bottle, so they now make a squeeze tube, like a big, wide toothpaste, tube! Genious! Maybe we can actually fil our diffs and not make a huge mess or waste a bunch of fliud!

RedSN
10-16-2018, 11:26 PM
Guess that’s good if you don’t already have their bottle pump...
https://www.worldsbestoil.ca/Amsoil-Image-Files/gear-lube-amsoil-hand-pump.jpg
Screws right onto the bottle and works super good.

92redragtop
10-17-2018, 12:09 AM

An excuse to raise money for bureaucracy for compliance "work"? I saw a headline that some police force somewhere in the country was saying they needed a bigger budget for compliance enforcement (was a ticker on TV screen while I was in a retail line). My inner voice was saying "what about all the money you'll be saving chasing and locking up people for minor possession?" - maybe taxpayers should be getting a rebate from the savings (police, court time, jail time, parole management, etc).

ZR
10-17-2018, 07:39 AM

We've been using their bottle pump for some years now, dead nutz reliable.

Ponyryd
10-17-2018, 01:29 PM

Yep, but for someone doing a quick fluid fill that doesn’t have the pump-the tube/bottle is a great idea

Ghost Rider
10-17-2018, 03:32 PM
Some people ask why I have a dislike for computers despite working on appliances for a living which all use computers to run.

I more than most understand warranty repair, what’s covered. What’s not. And why.
Constantly get people mad at me because misused product, three years out of warranty that cost 2500 new needs a $50part.

So why the hate for computers?

I spend 1700 on what’s suppose to be a quality system with quality components. After 6 months it does an auto update which gums up the computer.

Worked fine when I went to bed. Auto update to Windows ten, wake up in the morning. No sound.

So talk to my “IT” guy at work.
As he suggests. Un install sound driver and when I go to re install it’s gone. Go to asus website. Download driver. Reinstall
Still no sound. Try a couple other things. Still no sound. Contact Asus tech. They recommend a factory reset.
Try that. Still no sound. They tell me I’ll have to take it in.

Take it to geek squad yep known proble, with Windows 10 update. Need to reinstall up date. Tried that, need to reinstall drivers. I tried that, need to reboot from factory spec. I tried that

Oh you have one of those. Okay we need to wipe the drove and reinstall Windows 10from a different source.

What’s that gonna cost. 300 bucks. Is that corpvered under warranty? No

So my 6 month old laptop is out of commission becasie of an update that I didn’t ask for. That Microsoft knows is a problem but won’t stop the auto updates. And as a result I get to pay for the fix becasie the warranty covers the unit but not the fucking software.

I hate computers.

I always keep auto updates off...but regardless you could have/should have just clicked the uninstall windows 10 option, then can't force you to upgrade, even the free update so you always had the option to uninstall and put your computer back to the way it was before the auto update if it did while you weren't watching...

stangstevers
10-18-2018, 07:27 AM
White stuff this morning... nice!

Christmas is just 68 days away LOL

ZR
10-18-2018, 07:53 AM
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Tu0zEmSs0MRfRMlap3OTm1wMWyg=/0x0:2040x1654/1200x800/filters:focal(857x664:1183x990)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/59619769/cocaine.0.jpg

Scrape
10-18-2018, 07:57 AM
^Oh damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CON VERT
10-18-2018, 08:00 AM
Looks like it's snowing inside at ZR's this morning ! who needs marijuana , no fun now that it is legal !

ZR
10-18-2018, 08:02 AM
Shhhhh, everyone is gonna want some.

ZR
10-18-2018, 06:00 PM
Now at 9 political calls in the last 1.5 hrs.
Fuck off already.

ZR
10-18-2018, 06:01 PM
Ringing again as I type.

55 HD
10-19-2018, 08:46 PM
SO PROUD OF MY NEPHEW

Football Canada is proud to announce Ryan Clutterbuck has been named the head coach of the Women’s National Tackle team.

Clutterbuck will begin immediately and finalize his plans for the team between now and the 2021 World Championship.

“I am absolutely thrilled to be involved with our women’s national team,” said Clutterbuck. “I am particularly excited about working with Football Canada towards a world championship in 2021. I’m also excited about developing the sport of football and making sure there are opportunities available for everyone that wants to play, coach and officiate football in Canada.”

His football resume is indeed impressive. Last year he was the offensive coordinator for the senior women’s national team that competed at the 2017 IFAF world championships in Langley, BC.

He has been a head coach numerous times guiding his teams into important events. In 2015 and 2017 he was the head coach for the U-16 Ontario Football Alliance Team Ontario that competed at the International Bowl. He also led a pair of teams to the Spalding Cup in 2014 and 2015. Prior to his head coaching role the former Western Mustang was the offensive coordinator of the London Beefeaters of the Canadian Junior Football League (CJFL) from 2012-2014.

“His preparation is second to none and he was able to gear our offence to best match the skill set of our players. What amazes me about Ryan is that he is constantly striving to improve himself as a coach. Ryan Clutterbuck is one of the finest coaches that I had the pleasure to work with. The woman’s national program has made an excellent choice in naming Ryan as Head Coach.” says John Vouvalidis, Former Head Coach London Beefeaters

“On behalf of Football Canada we would like to congratulate Ryan on his recent appointment as Head Coach for our Senior Women’s Team Canada.” – Kim Wudrick, Football Canada President

“Ryan is an intelligent passionate football coach with experience at the CJFL/CIS and most recently coaching at the International Bowl and the 2017 Women’s World Championship. He is an excellent communicator and was instrumental in leading our Women’s Team Canada to a Silver medal performance in 2017.” Says Jeff Yausie, former Head Coach of the women’s national team

Clutterbuck and Team Canada will have their work cut out for them preparing for the World Championship in 2021, trying to knock off the three-time defending champion United States.

ZR
10-19-2018, 08:56 PM
Very cool.

WTF
10-21-2018, 05:09 PM
well done Kimi

that was one hell of a race

03svt
10-21-2018, 09:12 PM
well done Kimi

that was one hell of a race

Wanted Hamilton to seal the deal today but was happy Kimi won, going to miss his radio edits when he finally retires, he’s a character.

Prob his last chance at winning.

NickD
10-22-2018, 09:47 AM
I took the fun car out for a bit yesterday and fought the cold, couldn't roll into it under 80 or the tires spun even after driving a while. New gear/trans is first thing next year.
Cleaned it up inside to get ready for storage and took a family photo. I can't wait to get it painted and re striped and looking presentable again. I don't think I want to stripe the dailyhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181022/915a39a318279615978483a671f5ed89.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181022/5b291134121db5dfa25fe6584203e67d.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181022/532e05a08b08f1f181fdc92da2b8e0ae.jpg

Laffs
10-22-2018, 10:48 AM
Which ones the fun car? They both look pretty fun to me.

NickD
10-22-2018, 11:09 AM
One on the left has 4 less gears that I need to shift myself, makes about half the psi (11lbs I think)
But has twice as many cylinder and sounds like this
View My Video (http://tinypic.com/r/21mdq8k/9)
Which ones the fun car? They both look pretty fun to me.

hsousa88
10-22-2018, 06:07 PM
Put the fox away on the weekend.. put a bunch of km’s on it this year.

5.4MarkVIII
10-22-2018, 09:17 PM
Seems despite massive condemnation of the Harper conservatives for “catering” to corporations. The liberals have now decided that Fiat dosnt actually need to pay back the loan given to chrystler.

Tax payers get to eat the loss.

Also saw something about the Liberals carbon plan not actually doing anything to the biggest polluters. They are apparently exempt though haven’t fully read up on that as of yet.

90LXCoupe
10-22-2018, 10:47 PM
Ruptured a bicep tendon.....damn that hurt. Told today by the surgeon they don't repair them. Says I will regain full motion and strength in my arm once the swelling and inflammation goes down.

92redragtop
10-22-2018, 10:51 PM
They were dead loans from the start - this was basic an accounting entry for uncollectible accounts. It appears neither government had any intention to collect on the loans - they were basically union/jobs bailouts it appears. They should be more transparent about these transactions (both parties) since they are using taxpayer money.

Most of that money was part of a $13.7-billion injection of Canadian taxpayer money into the auto sector after the 2009 global financial meltdown.

These past-due loans are held in the Canada Account, administered by Export Development Canada (EDC), which books high-risk or high-value loans that are backed by the federal government itself rather than by any Crown corporation or federal financing agency.

Some of Ottawa's auto-sector bailout came in the form of Canada Account loans to help wind down bankrupt versions of the two companies — about $220 million to so-called "Old GM" and another $1.3 billion to so-called "Old Chrysler."

New corporate versions
The remainder of Canada's bailout money was used to help create new corporate versions of both companies, free from the obligations of their former incarnations.

"Neither Canada nor the U.S. expected any of the loans to be recovered from 'Old Chrysler'," says a 2014 Industry Canada accounting of the bailouts, confirming the money injected into bankrupt Chrysler was considered unrecoverable from the very beginning.

And CBC News has obtained internal documents under the Access to Information Act suggesting that at least part of these past-due loans is finally being written off.

92redragtop
10-23-2018, 12:04 AM
isn't Chrysler profitable? if yes why is the loan forgiven?

Don't know - have to ask the government that setup the original forgiveable loan.

5.4MarkVIII
10-23-2018, 07:35 AM
But Gm paid theirs back no?
Would mean that it was intended that they would be payed. Read other news articals that said the same. Sounds like deflection of blame to the preivious government.
I dont buy it.

92redragtop
10-23-2018, 09:50 AM
Didn't the government take a loss on GM shares?

5.4MarkVIII
10-23-2018, 02:03 PM
I think it’s probably just Liberal math. It’s hard to understand sometimes. Like Justin today with the carbon tax anouncments. “We are going to return 90% of the carbon tax received as rebates so effectively most people will actually get back more than the tax costs them.

Some sort of magic money multiplier

92redragtop
10-23-2018, 02:38 PM
I read they sold at approx $35 and are now priced at approx $32. Don’t know bout prices at the time of sale.

$32 per share of GM beats $0.00 per share of Chrysler/Fiat

Prices today are not relevant - It appears both Federal and Provincial level bailed out primarily for jobs versus "investment" or breakeven, knowing they would take a loss so it was a taxpayer bailout from the start (it appears the Feds sold Chrysler shares before GM shares so settled for a lower price - not sure why). Too bad they can't be transparent about it. Other news outlets (not just CBC) reported similar stories back about 3-5 years ago, using info from the A-G at the time. Also appears some of the bailout funds ($4B) went to shoring up the pension fund deficits of both entities....som something of a black hole.

Globe and Mail from 2015:

Shares of GM closed Monday at $36.66 (U.S.). At that price, the shares would be worth $2.69-billion, or about $3.4-billion (Canadian).

Even if Ottawa sold at the current market price, it likely would not be able to book all of that as an improvement to its bottom line. The government had already booked $1.5-billion in expected revenue for 2015-16 from asset sales. In its 2013 fall fiscal update, it said examples of such asset sales could include the GM shares.

By waiting to sell the shares after April 1, which is the start of the fiscal year, the government is likely able to record the gains as revenue in the 2015-16 fiscal year – which is when it has promised to return to a balanced budget.

Mr. Oliver announced in January that he would be delaying the release of the 2015 budget until at least April in order to gauge the economic impact of lower oil prices.

The governments of Canada and Ontario purchased the shares of GM and Chrysler during the financial crisis that hit in late 2008. The U.S. government also purchased automotive shares at the time. The government of Ontario sold its remaining shares in February and Ottawa had previously sold all of its shares in Chrysler. The gains from the sale are not expected to fully recoup the cost of purchasing the shares during the recession.

The two governments have argued the unprecedented decision to step in was worth it because it prevented a much greater loss of Canadian auto-sector jobs.

Auditor-General Michael Ferguson reported last November that Ontario and Ottawa had recovered $5.4-billion of the $13.7-billion they contributed as part of the bailout to save Chrysler and General Motors.

GREG KEENAN AUTO, STEEL AND AIRLINE INDUSTRIES
PUBLISHED APRIL 7, 2015
Canadian taxpayers will fall about $3.5-billion short of breaking even on the money the federal and Ontario governments invested in the bailouts of Chrysler Group LLC and General Motors Co. in 2009.

The federal government's sale of the remaining 73.389 million common shares it held in GM will close the book on the investment and the auto maker's period of being derided as "Government Motors."

92redragtop
10-23-2018, 02:41 PM
I think it’s probably just Liberal math. It’s hard to understand sometimes. Like Justin today with the carbon tax anouncments. “We are going to return 90% of the carbon tax received as rebates so effectively most people will actually get back more than the tax costs them.

Some sort of magic money multiplier

If they're rebating 90% of the tax collected then won't people get back less than they paid? 90%<100%?

Did you mean magic money discounter?

5.4MarkVIII
10-23-2018, 03:01 PM
Nope Trudeau himself said most people would get back more than it costs them becasie there are directly refunding 90% of what they get.

Makes no sense I though the money raised was suppose to go to green stuff to make things less polution

RedSN
10-23-2018, 03:04 PM
I feel like this is the Liberal's way of teaching us "core math".

We pay extra in goods and services, the feds collect "carbon tax" from companies, then gives us money back. And all of this at 90% efficiency? Yeah right.
If the feds give back 90% of the carbon tax collected, they are going to lose money. And guess who pays for that? LOL. It's one big giant shell game.

ZR
10-23-2018, 03:11 PM
Watching Trudope explain it on the news, wanted to hurt myself.

92redragtop
10-23-2018, 03:13 PM
Nope Trudeau himself said most people would get back more than it costs them becasie there are directly refunding 90% of what they get.

Makes no sense I though the money raised was suppose to go to green stuff to make things less polution

Sounds like Trudeau speak then. I believe the carbon tax was supposed to be revenue neutral so money collected would be rebated for behavioural modification.

ZR
10-23-2018, 03:28 PM
Only thing that twat needs................ https://activerain.com/image_store/uploads/5/3/7/8/2/ar131437933428735.pnghttps://activerain.com/image_store/uploads/5/3/7/8/2/ar131437933428735.png

mavrrrick
10-23-2018, 05:31 PM
Getting Mavrrrick’s bed ready.

mavrrrick
10-23-2018, 05:32 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181023/ee63e08176e89e4bfc120f76e4be1492.gif

92redragtop
10-23-2018, 06:24 PM
Bikes hanging over top of car - that would make me nervous.

True Blue
10-23-2018, 06:34 PM
^^^ First thing that came to mind!

newbiestangowner
10-23-2018, 06:48 PM
Getting Mavrrrick’s bed ready.

Already??
Still using mine

Screw
10-23-2018, 07:01 PM
Idk how to post pics here , ...white ones gonna rest but 06 still gotts full insurance & snow shoes

Link fail....again

mavrrrick
10-23-2018, 07:47 PM
Bikes hanging over top of car - that would make me nervous.

Been there for years... no issues

mavrrrick
10-23-2018, 07:47 PM
Already??
Still using mine

Think covering up this weekend.

Screw
10-24-2018, 10:37 PM
Should of listened to Scrape ...my thumbs are numb & only 1/6 of the way through ... :(

Minaccia
10-24-2018, 10:41 PM
If you're removing your stripes go to CT and buy a can of 3m HD Adhesive Remover.

Should of listened to Scrape ...my thumbs are numb & only 1/6 of the way through ... :(

Screw
10-24-2018, 11:43 PM
If you're removing your stripes go to CT and buy a can of 3m HD Adhesive Remover.

Will it help with the stripes or just residual glue ...the glue is the easy part , started great then half way up the hood it went to a snails pace

Minaccia
10-25-2018, 12:40 AM
It's to help soften up the glue and clean it off the car but are you using a heat gun or hair dryer at all.

Will it help with the stripes or just residual glue ...the glue is the easy part , started great then half way up the hood it went to a snails pace

Scrape
10-25-2018, 06:03 AM
Sitting on that sofa sounded way better buddy! :stickpoke: QUOTE=Screw;273016]Should of listened to Scrape ...my thumbs are numb & only 1/6 of the way through ... :([/QUOTE]

Scrape
10-25-2018, 06:06 AM
He is using a heat gun on the low setting in this case.
It's to help soften up the glue and clean it off the car but are you using a heat gun or hair dryer at all.

Screw
10-25-2018, 06:29 AM
He is using a heat gun on the low setting in this case.

Lol I’m ready to break out a torch
The stuff on the bumper came off like butter the hood is where I’m struggling

ZR
10-25-2018, 06:58 AM
Depending on the vinyl used, yes can be a bastage to get off. Also found, gentle heat from the get go is best so as to not turn the vinyl brittle which in turn sees it comes off in uber tiny - mega frustrating bits.

Screw
10-25-2018, 07:03 AM
Yup got brittle as fak I think I was overzealous with heat out of frustration, yes Scrape I know I know

ZR
10-25-2018, 07:05 AM
While I've got a heat gun, always start with an old hair dryer on stripe and decals and move up to the gun if req'd.

5.4MarkVIII
10-25-2018, 07:26 AM
Go to Napa pick up one of these

https://www.napacanada.com/en/p/NOR05624

stick it in your drill.
High speed light pressure.

Your welcome.

ZR
10-25-2018, 07:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWqwN6Uj6VQ

Stephen06GT
10-25-2018, 07:39 AM
Brine on some of the roads on my drive to work this morning. And so it begins...

ZR
10-25-2018, 07:42 AM
^ Was there a need to another dumping it just because cluster fawk?

Stephen06GT
10-25-2018, 07:44 AM
^ Was there a need to another dumping it just because cluster fawk?

No need as far as I could see. Not even frost on the car this morning.

ZR
10-25-2018, 07:48 AM
Pisses me off to no end when they do that. Same shiat a week ago with piles of salt on northern 404 exit heading to Rob's.

RedSN
10-25-2018, 08:55 AM
yep, noticed the brine on the roads up here last night on my way home.
time to put the car away.

03svt
10-25-2018, 09:07 AM
another couple weeks and it will be snow tire swapping time..

RedSN
10-25-2018, 09:11 AM
double digits most of next week.
all seasons on both of the daily drivers.
i can procrastinate the tire change for a few more weeks.

hsousa88
10-25-2018, 09:29 AM
I gotta shell out the dough for new winters.. good times.

Scrape
10-25-2018, 10:28 AM
I have the same one that I picked up years ago. Damn the price went up like crazy.

stick it in your drill.

Your welcome.

Armen
10-25-2018, 02:10 PM
yep, noticed the brine on the roads up here last night on my way home.
time to put the car away.

You won’t have a lot of work to do to get that done this year.

03svt
10-25-2018, 03:50 PM
I gotta shell out the dough for new winters.. good times.

I bought 2 sets of aluminum rims and 2 sets of blizzaks... winter has cost me a fortune already!

hsousa88
10-25-2018, 05:33 PM
I bought 2 sets of aluminum rims and 2 sets of blizzaks... winter has cost me a fortune already!

Think I’m going to end up cheating out and going for steelies. Going to get some quotes this weekend.

ZR
10-25-2018, 05:48 PM
With a lil searching, can usually buy take off / used OEM alum wheels for winter use on one heck of a deal.

03svt
10-25-2018, 07:03 PM
With a lil searching, can usually buy take off / used OEM alum wheels for winter use on one heck of a deal.

Bought new set up for the family hauler (EX Sport) was searching for used alloys for my f150, almost a month of searching, a couple times a day, people not responding or just asking way to much money I ended up buying new, didn’t get OEM like I wanted to, but purchased some ION rims, decent priced.

Hopefully they hold up and don’t look like shit in a year.

hsousa88
10-25-2018, 07:16 PM
Same here. Have messaged countless people on kijiji.. most don't respond and the others are out to lunch on the price, can almost buy new for what they ask.

I'm ok with the ugly steelies.. they don't bug me.

Dunno if I want to try hercules avalanche xtreme or cooper discoverer, prices are pretty similar.. coopers being $100 more total.

03svt
10-25-2018, 07:18 PM
Same here. Have messaged countless people on kijiji.. most don't respond and the others are out to lunch on the price, can almost buy new for what they ask.

Great thing about steelies if you curb them they are readily available and fairly inexpensive. Alloys are tough to find singles if you ever screw one up...

FoxRod
10-25-2018, 07:25 PM
^^^ Also bought 4 17" steel wheels and 4 tpms sensors with 225 65 17 Blizzak DM V2's, and WeatherTech mats...

Ooops Sorry, thought this was the What did you buy thread....

03svt
10-25-2018, 07:37 PM
^^^ Also bought 4 17" steel wheels and 4 tpms sensors with 225 65 17 Blizzak DM V2's, and WeatherTech mats...

Ooops Sorry, thought this was the What did you buy thread....

Haha, I ran the DMv2’s last year on our X3, they performed well enough I bought 2 sets :)

ZR
10-25-2018, 09:34 PM

Dunno if I want to try hercules avalanche xtreme or cooper discoverer, prices are pretty similar.. coopers being $100 more total.

Replied in another thread, have run both. Herc's will out winter tire the Coopers but not by a huge margin but the Herc's do give up ever so slightly in ride quality though. I still chose Hercules for my current ride.

Screw
10-26-2018, 03:17 PM

stick it in your drill.

Your welcome.

Well for all u fkrs that think you know it all ....listen to the peeps that do this shiat and pick a hot summer day to do stripe removal , use low moderate heat or else you will bake it on and have to buy the magic eraser that u put on your drill and make a fkn mess as you hold your breath and hope u don’t fk the paint ....

Thanks for the advice Scrape that I didn’t listen to :(
And thanks to 5.4 for the bailout tool

Lesson learned

RedSN
10-26-2018, 03:19 PM
pics?

LOL, sorry.
I can only imagine how frustrating it would be. I can't stand taking price stickers / labels off stuff from the store. Stupid stickers.

Screw
10-26-2018, 03:25 PM
pics?

LOL, sorry.
I can only imagine how frustrating it would be. I can't stand taking price stickers / labels off stuff from the store. Stupid stickers.

Nope

I only got 1 side of hood& bumper dun
Gonna go with MY hair dryer on the other side , see how that goes

5.4MarkVIII
10-26-2018, 03:28 PM
Well for all u fkrs that think you know it all ....listen to the peeps that do this shiat and pick a hot summer day to do stripe removal , use low moderate heat or else you will bake it on and have to buy the magic eraser that u put on your drill and make a fkn mess as you hold your breath and hope u don’t fk the paint ....

Thanks for the advice Scrape that I didn’t listen to :(
And thanks to 5.4 for the bailout tool

Lesson learned

My first year as an auto body apprentice many years ago my boss at the time wheeled over his Rv with a full wrap and said take this all off for me and don’t use the pin strip wheels. They are too expensive.

It was days of hell.

Screw
10-27-2018, 08:34 AM
Still have roof left , tried not use that eraser wheel but had no choice . Second and last time I’ll be doing this on this car . Unfortunately the paint on the aftermarket Shelby spoiler came off with the stripes :(
I like the colour scheme on the 350 with the black rear spoiler...thinking of trying it ...or do I stay Vista blue ?
Lou thanks for the tip on the 3M adhesive remover .

Scrape
10-27-2018, 08:45 AM
Go vista blue.

Screw
10-27-2018, 08:52 AM
Go vista blue.

I won’t even question that advice....hey will need your services do pencil me in when u start up again lol

Scrape
10-27-2018, 09:03 AM
lol! Spring time good sir. I will call you when I start up.
I won’t even question that advice....hey will need your services do pencil me in when u start up again lol

Screw
10-27-2018, 09:12 AM
Any recommendations for somewhere to repaint a spoiler ?

Scrape
10-27-2018, 10:26 AM
Not sure on that one.

WTF
10-28-2018, 06:53 PM
congrats to 5x Formula 1 World Champion Lewis Hamilton

back when I watched them live....I never thought I'd see Schumacher's 7 WDCs get beat

not so sure now

NickD
10-29-2018, 01:57 PM
Why do black people specifically always talk on thier phone on speaker phone.
Im sitting here in a restaurant and the thug looking guy beside me with his du rag etc has spent the last hour calling everyone he knows and having conversations holding the phone in front of his face on speaker phone.....
I see it all the time walking down the street too (they are often yelling as it loud out)
Ruined my fucking lunch

Armen
10-29-2018, 06:01 PM
More like thin ice loudly crackering...

Das 5.0
10-30-2018, 11:36 AM
Going to SEMA tomorrow boys....another bucket list item to be checked off .....

Blackmare
10-30-2018, 12:01 PM
Have an amazing time.

5.4MarkVIII
10-30-2018, 12:16 PM
45 min drive one way for a service call that was just the customer complaining about normal operation of the fridge she bought.

Warranty will not cover becasie there was no fault with the fridge. She is refusing to pay the bill because “it’s under warranty”

I explain warranty only covers defects. It’s laid out In The manual.

She doesn’t care if I send her a bill “she will send it along to Electrolux”

So 45 min drive there 40 min explaining the “problem” and why it does that and their 15 min explaining why warranty won’t cover it, 45 min drive home

Customer won’t pay Electrolux won’t pay.
I didn’t sell the fridge, install the fridge or make the fridge but I’m on the hook for the time and fuel.

AND SOMEHOW IM THE BAD GUY!!

hammerhead
10-30-2018, 12:42 PM
45 min drive one way for a service call that was just the customer complaining about normal operation of the fridge she bought.

Warranty will not cover becasie there was no fault with the fridge. She is refusing to pay the bill because “it’s under warranty”

I explain warranty only covers defects. It’s laid out In The manual.

She doesn’t care if I send her a bill “she will send it along to Electrolux”

So 45 min drive there 40 min explaining the “problem” and why it does that and their 15 min explaining why warranty won’t cover it, 45 min drive home

Customer won’t pay Electrolux won’t pay.
I didn’t sell the fridge, install the fridge or make the fridge but I’m on the hook for the time and fuel.

AND SOMEHOW IM THE BAD GUY!!

I feel for you - in my business I gave up doing warranty work - always got the shaft from the customer and the manufacturer - if I could give a bit of advice, maybe make sure the customer understands warranty and billing over the phone before you leave - it's too bad but all customers wont be that way!

CON VERT
10-30-2018, 12:44 PM
When was the last time u were told ??? LOL, Enjoy Buddy !

Going to SEMA tomorrow boys....another bucket list item to be checked off .....

Das 5.0
10-30-2018, 01:12 PM
^^^ thanks Glen I will LOL.

hammerhead
10-30-2018, 01:28 PM
^^^ thanks Glen I will LOL.

enjoy sema ...

Scrape
10-30-2018, 01:37 PM
enjoy Sema. Lucky guy.

Screw
10-30-2018, 04:36 PM
I feel for you - in my business I gave up doing warranty work - always got the shaft from the customer and the manufacturer - if I could give a bit of advice, maybe make sure the customer understands warranty and billing over the phone before you leave - it's too bad but all customers wont be that way!

Agree , I get year 9 warranty calling me ...then don’t wanna pay lab & call , part is under mfgr only !

5.4MarkVIII
10-30-2018, 05:02 PM

Oh she knew, I was very clear about it. But apparently if you don’t read the clause in your manual then it doesn’t apply to you?..?

It’s only gonna get worse because since sears got off Scott free with dropping all the warranty peole had paid for we have seen manufactures and warranty company’s canceling warranty left right and Center for any reason.

hammerhead
10-30-2018, 07:49 PM
Oh she knew, I was very clear about it. But apparently if you don’t read the clause in your manual then it doesn’t apply to you?..?

It’s only gonna get worse because since sears got off Scott free with dropping all the warranty peole had paid for we have seen manufactures and warranty company’s canceling warranty left right and Center for any reason.

that's too bad to hear - hope the bulk of your business isn't warranty - I have friends that still do service calls and now they get credit card payment over phone before they go (different industry)

5.4MarkVIII
10-30-2018, 09:11 PM
We are maybe 50/50 warranty. It’s tyipialy not that bad. Since there are very few techs and we ar the best in the area I can push for extras that they normally don’t pay.

I try and only work with manufactures on stuff we sell that are known to stand behind their stuff.

Be interesting to see in what the industry will do in the next little while.
Already have had talks with GE (the manufacture we sell) about getting more dealers with there own techs. They didn’t like my answe of pay more. But there are areas in Ontario with no services at all. And customers are having to drive product (full size appliances) over an hour to get them serviced.

LG made a bone head move earlier they tyipicaly won’t let you service their product without selling it. We have tried in the past to no avail. Then then decided to cut out all the independent dealers and sell only to the big box / national dealers
Over night they lost all their authorized services. Because the big box/ national dealers don’t have in house service departments. They very quickly saw the error and now are opening up there service limits. Time will tell if it’s a worth while move.

Have been told by a few customers now that purchased extended warranty packages. Usually you buy a 5 year plan and you have 5 years of coverage. Now they are writing in cost limits. Had a customer with 5 years coverage. Had a service call at about the 3 year mark. Cost met the limit the coverage company paid for the repair and sent her a letter informing her that she used up her coverage and had no more warranty. Customer rwas fuming.

Lesson here is read the fine print of your contract.

hammerhead
10-30-2018, 10:17 PM
We are maybe 50/50 warranty. It’s tyipialy not that bad. Since there are very few techs and we ar the best in the area I can push for extras that they normally don’t pay.

I try and only work with manufactures on stuff we sell that are known to stand behind their stuff.

Be interesting to see in what the industry will do in the next little while.
Already have had talks with GE (the manufacture we sell) about getting more dealers with there own techs. They didn’t like my answe of pay more. But there are areas in Ontario with no services at all. And customers are having to drive product (full size appliances) over an hour to get them serviced.

LG made a bone head move earlier they tyipicaly won’t let you service their product without selling it. We have tried in the past to no avail. Then then decided to cut out all the independent dealers and sell only to the big box / national dealers
Over night they lost all their authorized services. Because the big box/ national dealers don’t have in house service departments. They very quickly saw the error and now are opening up there service limits. Time will tell if it’s a worth while move.

Have been told by a few customers now that purchased extended warranty packages. Usually you buy a 5 year plan and you have 5 years of coverage. Now they are writing in cost limits. Had a customer with 5 years coverage. Had a service call at about the 3 year mark. Cost met the limit the coverage company paid for the repair and sent her a letter informing her that she used up her coverage and had no more warranty. Customer rwas fuming.

Lesson here is read the fine print of your contract.

We just had some warranty performed on our LG about a month ago - I don't know the details my wife handles it all, I really didn't think people fixed this stuff anymore, I would of just threw it out and got a new one (that's one of the reasons I have a wife..lol) but it went pretty smooth but the service guy did have to come a long way twice I'm not sure if it cost us anything - yes I hate all that warranty crap - stopped doing it for customers had nothin but trouble especially with the ABS company WABCO (automotive) I would steer customers to spec equipment with specific parts - manufacturing that was the easiest best backing. - I personally would pay more for a product that didn't have warranty! I sometimes refuse the purchase if the seller starts trying to sell me extra warrenty

5.4MarkVIII
10-31-2018, 07:33 AM
It’s a fine line, some places are really pushy. We try not to and sell the warranty form a companie that has the best customer er service that I have seen.

It’s a difficult position. Two trips are usually required. One to diagnose and one to install parts, everything is so model specific anymore it’s hard to stock parts, and the electronic stuff just dosnt last banking around in the service truck.

There is such a weird view of the industry. The customer wants all the fancy gizmos and options, they want the longevity and they want it as cheap as possable. But seems to be one of the cases that you can pick two but not three

Prop,e forget that the fridge that lasted their parents 30 years. Cost their parents a grand back in the 70’s, (when a car cost you what 6000). That same car is now 40000, but you can still by a basic fridge for 1000.

Had a lady buy the cheapest washer We carried. Tried to talk her up into a better unit but wasn’t having any of it. Then complained that it was noisy, and vibrated. Ect, kept comparing it to her daughters. Finally I said yes your machine is entry level and cost 600 bucks your daughters machine was $2500.
You can’t buy a cheap car and then complain that it’s not a nice as a bmw. It’s the same with appliances.

Lol

hammerhead
10-31-2018, 08:03 AM
It’s a fine line, some places are really pushy. We try not to and sell the warranty form a companie that has the best customer er service that I have seen.

It’s a difficult position. Two trips are usually required. One to diagnose and one to install parts, everything is so model specific anymore it’s hard to stock parts, and the electronic stuff just dosnt last banking around in the service truck.

There is such a weird view of the industry. The customer wants all the fancy gizmos and options, they want the longevity and they want it as cheap as possable. But seems to be one of the cases that you can pick two but not three

Prop,e forget that the fridge that lasted their parents 30 years. Cost their parents a grand back in the 70’s, (when a car cost you what 6000). That same car is now 40000, but you can still by a basic fridge for 1000.

Had a lady buy the cheapest washer We carried. Tried to talk her up into a better unit but wasn’t having any of it. Then complained that it was noisy, and vibrated. Ect, kept comparing it to her daughters. Finally I said yes your machine is entry level and cost 600 bucks your daughters machine was $2500.
You can’t buy a cheap car and then complain that it’s not a nice as a bmw. It’s the same with appliances.

Lol

yes I don't envy anyone with a public business - I deal mainly in commercial with other business so I can be a little aggressive and sometimes outspoken. I've been kinda lucky because I have a small but good customer base for 20yrs. and we have trust in each other and work together to maintain - probably the main difference between commercial and public - I know if I had a public business I would likely piss a lot of people off...lol

5.4MarkVIII
10-31-2018, 08:21 AM
We used to deal with some commercial (restaurant) but involved a whole different set of suppliers and was always fix this “yesterday”. Lol

5.4MarkVIII
10-31-2018, 09:13 AM
Looks like Calgary wants the 2026 Olympics bu they have no money so the feds are helping out.
Just can’t help but think there are better way we could spend 2.9 BILLION dollars.

5.4MarkVIII
10-31-2018, 11:36 AM
I plan on moving in the next 12 months which will mean leaving behind the old appliances. I’ll need to replace at the other end. I’m all about “cost of ownership” versus lowest initial capitol cost.

I’d prefer robust and simple over shiny deco colors and bells n whistles. From what I see for consumer level appliances it’s a lot of show and not much go (reliability).

I’m thinking i’ll buy commercial machines as I don’t have confidence in the new consumer offerings.

They don’t make em like the used to.

Commercial dishwashers usually start around 5k

Stoves and fridges will easily drop you close to 10 each.

RedSN
10-31-2018, 11:51 AM
So your saying you can replace your appliances 10X before you recoup the cost of commercial appliances.

We've have decent luck with the consumer versions lasting at least 10 years. So for us, the math says stick with the consumer appliances.

5.4MarkVIII
10-31-2018, 12:30 PM
Oh for sure. The difference is more pay for the cheapest of something better

The range is so huge. I mean bottom of the line fridge will run you 5-600. Depending on sales.
Average will be between 1000 and 2000.
Good stuff can be 3000 +.
But then you can still go all out and buy ultra height end in like subzero/monogram and still drop 10000K on a fridge.

It’s just you can’t spend 600 and expect the same that that 2000 dollar one is gonna be.

Armen
10-31-2018, 01:01 PM
I have a very good refrigerator under my hood.

RedSN
10-31-2018, 03:13 PM
My dishwasher moved out and cost me more than 10k

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6fJcaXbJIt1YVhvy/giphy.gif

Laffs
10-31-2018, 04:30 PM
My dad bought the Viking range, True refrigerator, and all that shit for his new build. Now he just bitches about the noise they make, apparently he neglected the fact commercial kitchens are noisey places focused on production not being able to hear your TV over.

5.4MarkVIII
10-31-2018, 04:58 PM
Most new refrigeration is louder than it used to be. Extra fans, multiple evaporators (and compressors in some high end applications). But mostly for effichancy. The lower the pressure in the cooling system the more efficient they run but the lower the pressure the louder then run

Armen
10-31-2018, 04:59 PM
Taking about major appliances.

Yup. Season is way over.

5.4MarkVIII
10-31-2018, 05:00 PM
At least the fighting hasn’t started yet. Lol

Armen
10-31-2018, 05:06 PM
At least the fighting hasn’t started yet. Lol

Fk you and all your whining posts “Oh my job is sooooooo hard.”

Fighting now?

5.4MarkVIII
10-31-2018, 05:16 PM
Tell how you really feel.

Laffs
10-31-2018, 05:53 PM
Taking about major appliances.

Yup. Season is way over.

YOU'RE A MAJOR APPLIANCE

(runs away sobbing)

USAWIT2
10-31-2018, 06:52 PM
Neighbour couldn't be home tonight so she left a bucket of candy with a sign " please take one"
5 kids so far at my door and the bucket's gone from her porch. Got to wonder about some people

Black Sheep
10-31-2018, 07:02 PM
Neighbour couldn't be home tonight so she left a bucket of candy with a sign " please take one"
5 kids so far at my door and the bucket's gone from her porch. Got to wonder about some people

Bucket full of exlax?

USAWIT2
10-31-2018, 07:06 PM
Bucket full of exlax?Might suggest that to them for next year

Armen
10-31-2018, 10:18 PM
Special treat for this kid... (sorry you’ll need FB for this...)

https://www.facebook.com/710530467/posts/10160947649020468/

Ponyryd
10-31-2018, 11:21 PM

I do that every year, probably the same thing happens, meh, I tried, not my fault some people are pieces of shit.

hsousa88
11-01-2018, 05:48 AM
I do that every year, probably the same thing happens, meh, I tried, not my fault some people are pieces of shit.

I know right.. whatever happened to just tossing a few eggs and moving along....

WTF
11-03-2018, 02:36 PM
another day in the yard....and another big fucking raccoon

and this one is not acting normal

he literally came towards me as I was raking the leaves.....and he's now walking the exact same loop along the side of my house, behind the hedge etc....walking slow....just keeps walking the same loop

I'm guessing distemper (....this is raccoon #2 with distemper at my place this year)

311 got the call....now waiting for Animal Services to show up

it's like I'm living in a fucking zoo this year

ZR
11-03-2018, 03:32 PM
^ Similar issues over my way Tim, third summer of it and counting. Two years back, fat fawker sawed shingles off the roof in a dozen plus spots. This summer, out back late on evening, here rustling on the garage roof, look up to see 4 or 5 staring down at me. Had tree service in to cut all the trees back.

WTF
11-03-2018, 03:33 PM
animal control just left

located but couldn't get the bastard yet....he can still climb

told me it's definitely distemper....so this raccoon is gonna deteriorate and get much worse over the next 24-48 hours

and of course....he's gonna be lingering in our backyards acting like a nutcase until he's sick enough for them to catch him

so much for raking leaves

ZR
11-03-2018, 03:37 PM
Will they come back and attempt to trap?

WTF
11-03-2018, 03:55 PM
Will they come back and attempt to trap?

yes....but she said to call if/when we see that it's looking like it's struggling and give the location

seems that it's living under a shed 4 doors down.....funny thing, when she tried to coax it towards her it started going up a tree...and when I started talking to her it came down and started coming towards me

it's like it just wants to come towards me.....just like the baby skunk earlier this year....wtf....am I Dr. Fucking Doolittle or something?

lady said with distemper they will do the exact opposite of how they would normally behave

I'm hoping the thing decides to do it's final stages of this illness in someone else's yard besides mine

we'll know soon

ZR
11-03-2018, 04:06 PM
Once your done with him or her, mind stopping by n having a chat with the one over here?

WTF
11-03-2018, 04:54 PM
Once your done with him or her, mind stopping by n having a chat with the one over here?

had a good belly laugh there....thank you

5.4MarkVIII
11-03-2018, 05:03 PM
Benefits of living in the country. When. We had racoon problems we just “delt” with it.

WTF
11-03-2018, 05:19 PM
Benefits of living in the country. When. We had racoon problems we just “delt” with it.

oh I bet you did

what did you serve with them....potatoes or rice?

5.4MarkVIII
11-03-2018, 05:55 PM
oh I bet you did

lead

RedSN
11-03-2018, 06:15 PM
oh I bet you did

Make good hats, not good eats

5.4MarkVIII
11-03-2018, 06:18 PM
Make good hats, not good eats

haha totally missed what he was aiming at there.

not me but ive talked to people that have eated coon, apparent just like a living one. tough and nasty

Laffs
11-05-2018, 10:59 PM
My night as follows

- Check Twitter
- Notice Radwood (car show devoted to 80s and 90s era cars and culture) announced a show in Detroit next September.
- Immediately text all my friends with glee and commence making plans to go
- Beer 1
- Start to think about how awesome it would be to have a proper "period correct" ride to roll up to and maybe enter show in
- Usual subjects and autotrader/BaT ensue included all the Japanese goodness (NSX, Supra, FD RX7, NSX) come to mind but are $billion, then look at Sn95 Cobras, then LT1 fbodies
- Remember you owned an LT1 body, memories of the car flood back
- Said memories lead to beer 2
- Scrawl note on post it saying "NEVER BUY AN LT1 FBODY YOU MORON!!!!!"
- Try real hard to think of a 90s era tuner car that can be had for cheap
- Recall you once owned a heavily modified Jbody
- Beer 3
- Start to feverishly search for a black 1999 Sunfire GT with a 5spd and sunroof
- Realize none exist for sale
- Anger
- Acceptance
- Joy that thanks to GM's inability to build an economy car that doesn't disintegrate in 18 years you saved around $1500
- Realize you will repeat this cycle at least 2x a month for next 10 months
- Beer 4

1quikgt
11-06-2018, 09:52 AM
^Loved my modified 98 Sunfire Gt. Never should have sold it as early as I did lol.

Laffs
11-06-2018, 10:28 AM
^Loved my modified 98 Sunfire Gt. Never should have sold it as early as I did lol.

JCO?

Armen
11-06-2018, 12:17 PM
Haha. I love when you do these posts. They always make me laugh.

- - - Updated - - -

(Now goes to kijiji looking for old Fieros and CRX’s)

Laffs
11-06-2018, 12:21 PM
Haha. I love when you do these posts. They always make me laugh.

- - - Updated - - -

I FORGOT ABOUT THE CRX. GO GO GADGET INTERNET

hsousa88
11-06-2018, 03:42 PM
Love a nice CRX.. cool cars.

ZR
11-06-2018, 03:43 PM
Sometimes memory is better than the car.

Laffs
11-06-2018, 04:10 PM
Sometimes memory is better than the car.

Always.

The best two cars in your life are the one you used to own and the one you are going to buy next.

Armen
11-06-2018, 05:35 PM
Oh my...

http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15344&d=1541539234

http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15345&d=1541539255

http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15346&d=1541539290

RedSN
11-06-2018, 05:49 PM

I want to see Armen fit in a Fiero and/or a CRX

https://media1.tenor.com/images/605259957de5aea1d67b03c35d059020/tenor.gif?itemid=7810664

Armen
11-06-2018, 06:12 PM
I want to see Armen fit in a Fiero and/or a CRX

https://media1.tenor.com/images/605259957de5aea1d67b03c35d059020/tenor.gif?itemid=7810664

I can’t speak for a Fiero because I haven’t been in one since I was 17.

But I’ve had two CRX’s. The CRX and the Mini Cooper S are the only two cars that I’ve actually had to move the seat closer because I couldn’t get the clutch all the way in. Lots of room!

5.4MarkVIII
11-06-2018, 07:50 PM

But I’ve had two CRX’s. The CRX and the Mini Cooper S are the only two cars that I’ve actually had to move the seat closer because I couldn’t get the clutch all the way in. Lots of room!

I was surprised with how big the mini was when it came out. Never realized the Crx was the same.

hammerhead
11-06-2018, 09:36 PM

that's what I don't like about the hydraulic clutch

Ponyryd
11-06-2018, 09:44 PM

Fierce are lacking in the headroom dept. but yes, a CRX is very roomy and yes I’d love to have one.
Strange enough, a Fiat 500 is also very roomy inside.

1quikgt
11-07-2018, 09:18 AM
JCO?

I remember that site lol. Can’t believe it was a sunfire that got me into the car modding scene lmao. Never wanted a civic since everyone had one.

Damn you Fast and Furious.

Laffs
11-07-2018, 09:41 AM
I remember that site lol. Can’t believe it was a sunfire that got me into the car modding scene lmao. Never wanted a civic since everyone had one.

Damn you Fast and Furious.

Was your SN the same on both sites?

1quikgt
11-07-2018, 10:07 AM
I believe so. It’s been so long I’ve forgotten.

Laffs
11-07-2018, 11:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUXm72vyXOE&lc=z230cbjo1prdc3xqn04t1aokgnr3dypobhqbzfhmpf21rk0 h00410

Ed Bolian may be the best orator of automotive stories and this video had so many exceptional anecdotes and one liners it may be one of the best,

Black Sheep
11-07-2018, 10:21 PM
I hate having "craft" disease....

CDNfyrfytr
11-08-2018, 06:47 PM
Took the old girl out to Bench Brewing in Beamsville for one last ride of the season. Tucked away for winter now.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181108/3e45efa40083eda8e98c1d5df2e183e3.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181108/59a99557617d9d76338259e1b742e3c4.jpg

WTF
11-10-2018, 10:47 AM
raking leaves in the wind is like being a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest

Scrape
11-10-2018, 11:12 AM
That is so true. It is also true that quite a bit of cursing will also occur.
raking leaves in the wind is like being a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest

mavrrrick
11-11-2018, 04:26 PM
Thanks for another season. See you in March or April!!

WTF
11-11-2018, 05:12 PM
man has my neighbourhood changed

was topping up the tank on the wife's go-kart at Shell this aft (Yonge/Sheppard)

a brand new orange Lambo pulls up to the pump next to me

and out pops what had to be an 18 year old Asian girl

RedSN
11-15-2018, 02:37 PM
I am sooooooo not ready for winter.

Really, I'm literally not ready, I forgot to put my snow brush in the truck this morning. Supposed to get a few cm's of snow this afternoon.

Blackmare
11-15-2018, 03:04 PM
I hear ya Don. Don't have any gas for the snowblower, need to do an oil change on the snowblower and same as you - no snow brush. Lol.

mavrrrick
11-15-2018, 03:09 PM
Changed belts on snow blower. Need to change oil-doing tomorrow-day off. Premium (Shell 91) gas, 2 gallon tank filled. Snow brush in trunk. 2 pairs of gloves in car, one in house. All most ready.

RedSN
11-15-2018, 03:34 PM
it looks like the storm is coming in to give Toronto a big bear hug!

https://weather.gc.ca/radar/index_e.html?id=WKR

newbiestangowner
11-15-2018, 04:05 PM
Ahh don’t worry- just turn on front and rear defroster full blast
Once you’re up and running the wind will take care of the rest- happens a lot in my town [emoji6]

Armen
11-15-2018, 04:51 PM
Oh by gosh by golly.

NickD
11-15-2018, 07:15 PM
Chris' video was a lie, 18' Mustangs do not belong in the snow (with 19" perellis)
I can't wait till Sunday to get the new X-ice installed (the car would rotate in place when you touch the gas even in snow and ice mode)

hsousa88
11-15-2018, 07:44 PM
Ordered some Hercules avalanche xtreme tires for the truck, hope to have em on this weekend.

5.4MarkVIII
11-15-2018, 07:57 PM
it looks like the storm is coming in to give Toronto a big bear hug!

https://weather.gc.ca/radar/index_e.html?id=WKR

bring it on I'm ready for it

DinoZ
11-15-2018, 08:38 PM
Stressed out for my younger daughter with her landlord demanding a $300 month hike on a shoebox bachelor condo unit currently at $1350 month in the Junction

This is not a life for young people trying to build a future includng basic necessities. The thought is disturbing that many are a few months away from not being able to afford housing whether rental or ownership.

5.4MarkVIII
11-15-2018, 08:49 PM
rental law only allows a once a year increase of something like 4%, cant just jack it up and demand more. unless the land lord just purchased the property then there may be a loop hole.

DinoZ
11-15-2018, 09:29 PM
We are looking into this with the rental board. Apparently there are a few loopholes.

I wish I knew Robert DeNiro and ask him to pay the landlord a visit as in the Godfather part 2 as in the lady who had a dog and the landlord wanted to evict her then ended up reducing the rent.

5.4MarkVIII
11-15-2018, 09:42 PM
Hopefully it works out but might be time to find another place regardless, just to avoid any future troubles if the land lord starts being a PITA

ZR
11-15-2018, 09:49 PM
Ordered some Hercules avalanche xtreme tires for the truck, hope to have em on this weekend.

Going to blow your mind in the snow, yup, that good.

hsousa88
11-15-2018, 11:45 PM
Going to blow your mind in the snow, yup, that good.

Hope so. These duratracs are starting to drive me nuts. The noise and vibration that started halfway through this summer is insane. Great tires when new.. not so great after a few summers.

I’ll be looking for a nice highway tire next spring.. I tow the boat every weekend, it just makes sense. Think I got a lead on some 20” factory sport wheels.. fingers crossed.

ZR
11-16-2018, 07:41 AM
If you found new take off 20" Sport wheels n tires, keep in mind, stock tires are greatly underrated. While I think they fall well short of say a Michelin LTX they are no where near as bad as many described, yes even in heavy rain or cold n damp roads or even light snow.

Stephen06GT
11-16-2018, 08:57 AM
People are dumb!!!

ZR
11-16-2018, 08:59 AM
Need to get a whole lot smarter just to be dumb.

Scrape
11-16-2018, 12:49 PM
I sometimes wonder if I work in a Political office or a manufacturing facility.

hsousa88
11-16-2018, 02:32 PM
If you found new take off 20" Sport wheels n tires, keep in mind, stock tires are greatly underrated. While I think they fall well short of say a Michelin LTX they are no where near as bad as many described, yes even in heavy rain or cold n damp roads or even light snow.

No tires on these.. scored a pretty sweet deal. Picking up tomorrow am.

Laffs
11-19-2018, 08:00 PM
Yay, first time in 4 days I don't have a 102* fever...now to try to eat solid food. Fucking flu.

Screw
11-19-2018, 10:39 PM
3 timmies within 3km radius all closed for renovations this am , wasn’t a good start to my highway trek , gotta find a thermos cuz I’m not going 20 cars deep

ZR
11-19-2018, 10:41 PM
Odd so many closed at the same time, same going on around here.

Ponyryd
11-19-2018, 11:05 PM
Bad time to be closed too, it’s getting pretty cold.

hsousa88
11-19-2018, 11:29 PM
Crappy tire had a pretty brutal selection of snow brushes.. think I'm gonna try this thing out.

$20 if you order through home depot.

https://www.amazon.ca/Snow-Joe-SJBLZD-Telescoping-Scraper/dp/B008FV5R0Y/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=

RedSN
11-20-2018, 12:20 AM
Odd so many closed at the same time, same going on around here.
New international owners aren’t real bright.

Mellow Yellow
11-20-2018, 01:35 AM
New international owners aren’t real bright.

I'm sure if you checked the stores being renovated are NOT owned by the franchisees rocking the boat.

Screw
11-20-2018, 07:53 AM
All I know is I’m out of cream I need coffee real bad , there goes my thermos idea ...

CON VERT
11-20-2018, 08:07 AM
Go upstairs and get some MOMMY'S milk !

Screw
11-20-2018, 09:10 AM
I’ve had wiper blades come off but never had the whole arm flip off , good thing I wuz in a Timmies drive through:) ...only 3 cars , maybe I found a secret location

Screw
11-20-2018, 10:26 AM
Any great worthwhile Black Friday car related deals ?

hammerhead
11-21-2018, 09:06 AM
for 56 years I've been coughing into my hand (like I was taught too) and is a hard habit to break after that amount of time - the High Commander is relentless at reminding me every time "cough in your elbow, your spreading germs around the house - rolling my eyes like one of her off-spring I wonder - When exactly did this rule change?

ZR
11-21-2018, 09:18 AM
With you on that one, better than two thirds of the peeps I see in public just open their mouths and let it fly........fucking pricks!!

RedSN
11-21-2018, 09:53 AM
for 56 years I've been coughing into my hand (like I was taught too) and is a hard habit to break after that amount of time - the High Commander is relentless...
It's not easy to teach an old dog new tricks. I would suggest positive reinforcement and click training. Have you tried treats?

Old Fart
11-21-2018, 11:44 AM
When exactly did this rule change?

About 15 years ago (+/-)...When you sneeze in your hands, you can spread the germs to others, when you sneeze in your elbow it reduces the transmission.

newbiestangowner
11-22-2018, 04:17 AM
About 15 years ago (+/-)...When you sneeze in your hands, you can spread the germs to others, when you sneeze in your elbow it reduces the transmission.

elbow? my nose only reaches my forearm

ZR
11-22-2018, 10:58 AM
Time of the year where remote start is priceless, also turns on heated seat and steering wheel............spoiled rotten I tellz ya.

https://northcoastkeyless.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/TOMB214-OTHER2.jpg

Blackmare
11-22-2018, 10:59 AM
Love the remote start on my Jeep. Not as fancy as your Dodge though. :)
No heated steering wheel and the heated seats don't turn on with remote start.

ZR
11-22-2018, 11:03 AM
Still pretty damm nice jumping in there with the heater firing warm air your way.
I'm totally fawked now though, no way I'd buy another daily driver without heated wheel n seats, AC seat is another one I'd never go without.

Blackmare
11-22-2018, 11:05 AM
Still pretty damm nice jumping in there with the heater firing warm air your way.
I'm totally fawked now though, no way I'd buy another daily driver without heated wheel n seats, AC seat is another one I'd never go without.

You got that right. Next ride will have a heated steering wheel for sure. Wonder if the new Bronco will have it...

92redragtop
11-22-2018, 11:15 AM

Yeah, getting envious of the Caddy with it's remote start and heated steering wheel especially on mornings like today - Volvo only had heated seats back in 2006 and no remote start. First world problems eh.....

ZR
11-22-2018, 11:22 AM
It's one of those once you have it / never go without it kinda deals.

Old Fart
11-22-2018, 11:30 AM
elbow? my nose only reaches my forearm

Your forearm is better than your hands!

92redragtop
11-22-2018, 01:00 PM
It's one of those once you have it / never go without it kinda deals.

Now I know why my wife doesn't like taking my car.

NickD
11-22-2018, 02:26 PM
Anyone know any secrets to extending the range of remotes (I might try changing the batteries)
I can see my car from my office but can't start it until I get to the front doors and at that point in basically at the car.
It's a lab environment so a parabolic antenna would not look out of place lol

Blackmare
11-22-2018, 02:34 PM
The old hold the remote next to your head trick?

newbiestangowner
11-22-2018, 02:34 PM
Anyone know any secrets to extending the range of remotes (I might try changing the batteries)
I can see my car from my office but can't start it until I get to the front doors and at that point in basically at the car.

Too bad I don’t work at your office,
You could pay me to walk down each day to start and hand the keys to you [emoji23]

hsousa88
11-22-2018, 02:35 PM
Love my remote start, it’s a beautiful thing. Especially on those -30 days where you need to start it twice cause you waited so long it turned off after 10 mins.

Lol MPG

bluetoy
11-22-2018, 03:50 PM

Doesn't your Mustang have Ford Pass? Then you can start it from anywhere in the world with your phone.

92redragtop
11-22-2018, 04:15 PM
Too bad I don’t work at your office,
You could pay me to walk down each day to start and hand the keys to you [emoji23]

LOL I was thinking he should get an intern.

newbiestangowner
11-22-2018, 04:36 PM
LOL I was thinking he should get an intern.

I’m that guy lol

NickD
11-22-2018, 09:59 PM
No I didn't get the premium.... Got the half 101 or whatever package and thought it was included. If I could go back....
Doesn't your Mustang have Ford Pass? Then you can start it from anywhere in the world with your phone.

Old Fart
11-25-2018, 10:42 PM
Thank you very much to 5.4MarkVIII for the solid appliance advice! Greatly appreciated!

Scrape
11-26-2018, 07:44 AM
I hate when that happens. Just did it at the office.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-OZ4YrMqsfs8/W_rJ6KMOTGI/AAAAAAAAAhQ/KOB11bXdwCgB5RtJKOBjDx-4zL1oEZHJwCJoC/w530-h670-n/gplus-2082223775.png

RedSN
11-26-2018, 09:54 AM
^^^OMG, I got into the office at my regular 8:00, turned on the computer, and it's just up and running now. ....like an hour later.

92redragtop
11-26-2018, 02:46 PM
Not that long ago there were folks tapping their HELOCS to buy these....oops!

Bitcoin plunged more than 12 per cent on Monday, extending falls in recent weeks in a broad-based selloff in digital currencies as sentiment sours.

Several factors have accelerated the downturn, analysts said, including increased U.S. regulatory scrutiny and a delay to January 2019 of the widely-anticipated launch of bitcoin futures by Bakkt, Intercontinental Exchange’s crypto platform.

“These factors coupled with lukewarm network fundamentals and reports of falling adoption of crypto as a tool for services such as payments, have led to strong selling pressure against a lack of buying resistance — to a point of apparent capitulation,” said Aditya Das, analyst at Brave New Coin, a crypto asset market data company.

Bitcoin fell to as low as $3,519.94 on the Bitstamp platform, after earlier falling to a 14-month trough of $3,462,57, and was last down 12.6 per cent. It has lost 74 per cent of its value so far this year, after hitting nearly $20,000 in December last year.

Other digital currencies also fell sharply, with Ethereum’s ether down 7 per cent at $106.69 and Ripple’s XRP falling 5.6 per cent to 34 U.S. cents.

RedSN
11-26-2018, 02:57 PM
I never understood crytocurrency. How is it regulated, how is the value set. I barely have a grasp on how real currency works (inflation, deflation, interest, etc.)

If a nation's currency did what Bitcoin is doing ....we would call it Venezuela.

92redragtop
11-26-2018, 03:06 PM
I never understood crytocurrency. How is it regulated, how is the value set. I barely have a grasp on how real currency works (inflation, deflation, interest, etc.)

If a nation's currency did what Bitcoin is doing ....we would call it Venezuela.

Or Zimbabwe.

Yeah, there is no regulation on crypto and Bitcoin value is based on a scarcity model due to a cap on the absolute number of Bitcoins to be minted so there is no underlying value/asset.

Laffs
11-26-2018, 04:47 PM
Or Zimbabwe.

Yeah, there is no regulation on crypto and Bitcoin value is based on a scarcity model due to a cap on the absolute number of Bitcoins to be minted so there is no underlying value/asset.

Also, video cards.

hsousa88
11-26-2018, 05:42 PM
Also, video cards.

Thieving bastards.. main reason I didn’t build a new pc this year is because of the ridiculous mark up on gpu’s.

RedSN
11-26-2018, 05:49 PM
After seven months of traveling through space, the NASA InSight mission has landed on Mars. A few minutes after landing, InSight sent the official "beep" to NASA to signal that it was alive and well, including a photo of the Martian surface where it landed.
https://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/181126154052-insight-landing-first-image-exlarge-169.jpg

cool

trickflow-jay
11-26-2018, 07:50 PM
Not that long ago there were folks tapping their HELOCS to buy these....oops!

Bitcoin plunged more than 12 per cent on Monday, extending falls in recent weeks in a broad-based selloff in digital currencies as sentiment sours.

Several factors have accelerated the downturn, analysts said, including increased U.S. regulatory scrutiny and a delay to January 2019 of the widely-anticipated launch of bitcoin futures by Bakkt, Intercontinental Exchange’s crypto platform.

“These factors coupled with lukewarm network fundamentals and reports of falling adoption of crypto as a tool for services such as payments, have led to strong selling pressure against a lack of buying resistance — to a point of apparent capitulation,” said Aditya Das, analyst at Brave New Coin, a crypto asset market data company.

Bitcoin fell to as low as $3,519.94 on the Bitstamp platform, after earlier falling to a 14-month trough of $3,462,57, and was last down 12.6 per cent. It has lost 74 per cent of its value so far this year, after hitting nearly $20,000 in December last year.

Other digital currencies also fell sharply, with Ethereum’s ether down 7 per cent at $106.69 and Ripple’s XRP falling 5.6 per cent to 34 U.S. cents.

u can still make something off it....u trade it against other cryptos

Laffs
11-27-2018, 09:36 AM
Thieving bastards.. main reason I didn’t build a new pc this year is because of the ridiculous mark up on gpu’s.

I have so many GTX 1070's

newbiestangowner
11-27-2018, 09:38 AM
Maybe its my lack of sleep but I had my Road Rage :mad: this morning driving my daughter to the GO station.

Buddy in a high end Range Rove making a right against our Advanced Arrow crowding our left turn in lane- 2 cars in front of me play chicken with him so do I and the one behind me. There are two entrances (left) into station- I see buddy racing in front- cuts me off ( he had ample opportunity to file inline) - BUT takes left too wide into lot- well that allowed buddy (me ) to come from behind ,sharper turn in go get in front of him on the turn.
A road racing move in the morning ( sarcasm) - totally not in my character to do something like this , really need to get some sleep.

ZR
11-27-2018, 10:10 AM
^ Be safe young fella............... and get some sleep will ya.

ZR
11-27-2018, 10:13 AM
https://data.whicdn.com/images/88384356/large.jpg

CON VERT
11-27-2018, 10:42 AM
I play double dare almost everyday at the Ajax GO , I hold my own, you try cutting in front of me you best be prepared to bang fenders ! I usually get the finger at least 3 times a week, gotten out of my car on (lets put it this way) on more than 1 occasion to discuss the middle finger gesture, funny no one want to talk to me , HuMMMMMMMMM wonder why , ASSHOLES ! on top off all that it is by far the worst designed GO station in Ontario, single road in & out for 600 cars + the drop off's taxi's etc & we actually got the privilege of paying for it !!! RANT OFF

newbiestangowner
11-27-2018, 10:53 AM
^^ Glen, thanks!
At least I know someone can relate- like I said out of character for me - still sitting here thinking I really did a douche bag move lol ( for 2 hrs after the fact)

RedSN
11-27-2018, 10:59 AM
... the Ajax GO ...it is by far the worst designed GO station in Ontario... RANT OFF
I present and raise you Richmond Hill GO station.

I'm not familiar with the Ajax lot, but RH has got to at least be on par. Absolute chaos. I LOL at the people that get off the train and SPRINT for their cars. It's old school LeMans.
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ImprobableGenuineAmurminnow-size_restricted.gif
...except with more cars....and snow