PDA

View Full Version : Post whatever is on your mind!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96

newbiestangowner
05-06-2019, 12:15 PM
17 wineries included.

Like I said lol.
35-40 $$ and I haven’t even bought anything yet - because probably my budget was spent on the pass.
That’s why me and Screw don’t know how it works. We’ll just find some place that has a “ happy hour” prices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Screw
05-06-2019, 12:18 PM
....was I close to my expectations though Richard ?

We can afford it Newbs :) I don’t want to embarrass only myself so you & Mrs or 25yr old co-worker should tag along

92redragtop
05-06-2019, 12:19 PM
Like I said lol.
35-40 $$ and I haven’t even bought anything yet - because probably my budget was spent on the pass.
That’s why me and Screw don’t know how it works. We’ll just find some place that has a “ happy hour” prices

We can afford it Newbs :) I don’t want to embarrass only myself so you & Mrs or 25yr old co-worker should tag along

LOL....25 y/o co-worker.

For the cost of the passport you get a wine tasting and the food pairing at each winery - so 17 tastings with food so no need to buy anything else. You can be pretty "happy" by the end of each day.

newbiestangowner
05-06-2019, 12:21 PM
For the cost of the passport you get a wine tasting and the food pairing at each winery - so 17 tastings with food so no need to buy anything else.

It’s not embarrassing if u don’t buy
It’s like a Disney- at the end of the ride ( in order to get out) they have all the merchandise displayed with a cash register lol

92redragtop
05-06-2019, 12:23 PM
It’s like a Disney- at the end of the ride they have all the merchandise displayed with a cash register lol

Nah, we had our dog with us so if we weren't a big fan of the wine in a location we were in/out in about 10-15 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

It’s like a Disney- at the end of the ride ( in order to get out) they have all the merchandise displayed with a cash register lol

I'm sure your co-worker would be up for it ;-)

Screw
05-06-2019, 12:24 PM
LOL....25 y/o co-worker.

For the cost of the passport you get a wine tasting and the food pairing at each winery - so 17 tastings with food so no need to buy anything else. You can be pretty "happy" by the end of each day.

All kidding aside sounds pretty good

newbiestangowner
05-06-2019, 12:30 PM

That would be nice lol- blind leading the blind! , we would look like we’ve obviously never been to these things. You need to go with some cultured and worldly like Richard

92redragtop
05-06-2019, 12:42 PM
Here's the next one this month (slightly more expensive but that's the area). I actually prefer the one in October/November because they offer more reds (wines, not redheads) but some wineries offer a red and white option for the pairing.

You could do a single weekend shot at it if you stay in the area or spread it out over the next 3 weekends for day trips.

http://wineriesofniagaraonthelake.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Sip-Sizzle_2019_Pairings.pdf

mavrrrick
05-06-2019, 12:52 PM
I think a picture of the 25 year old co-worker is required!!!

newbiestangowner
05-06-2019, 12:54 PM

Here look
Like this lol lol

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190506/d72e030447edf9c87b0c11b0c20af4d8.jpg

True Blue
05-06-2019, 12:55 PM

I don't think you want a pic, unless you're into guys?

92redragtop
05-06-2019, 12:58 PM
Here
Like this lol lol

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190506/d72e030447edf9c87b0c11b0c20af4d8.jpg

You wish!

mavrrrick
05-06-2019, 12:59 PM
LOL>>>> nope , only if SHE looks good!!

newbiestangowner
05-06-2019, 12:59 PM
You wish!

Umm
There’s a reason why I couldn’t say I was married lol

True Blue
05-06-2019, 01:00 PM
Here's the next one this month (slightly more expensive but that's the area). I actually prefer the one in October/November because they offer more reds (wines, not redheads) but some wineries offer a red and white option for the pairing.

You could do a single weekend shot at it if you stay in the area or spread it out over the next 3 weekends for day trips.

http://wineriesofniagaraonthelake.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Sip-Sizzle_2019_Pairings.pdf

That sounds fantastic... I would love to go and hit 20+ wineries, probably would get piss drunk in no time and end up on the news. LoL!

mavrrrick
05-06-2019, 01:03 PM
^^^ you know it !!!^^^

Screw
05-06-2019, 01:11 PM
That sounds fantastic... I would love to go and hit 20+ wineries, probably would get piss drunk in no time and end up on the news. LoL!

Newbs , Anthony’s coming too so don’t worry about blind leading blind , he’s Eyetalian his pisan own the Vinyards , we be good to go :highfive:

newbiestangowner
05-06-2019, 01:13 PM
Newbs , Anthony’s coming too so don’t worry about blind leading blind , he’s Eyetalian his pisan own the Vinyards , we be good to go :highfive:

Yes! Then I’d feel like a celebrity instead of a newbie lol

True Blue
05-06-2019, 01:17 PM
Lmao @John! :)

newbiestangowner
05-06-2019, 01:29 PM
WTF

Doesn’t anyone work !
It’s become a chat room in here

Screw
05-06-2019, 01:33 PM
WTF

Doesn’t anyone work !

I’m trying a new position ..hourly worker today

True Blue
05-06-2019, 01:41 PM
WTF

Doesn’t anyone work !

Most times I'm on the afternoon shift, I'm going in soon.

92redragtop
05-06-2019, 01:43 PM
Yes! Then I’d feel like a celebrity instead of a newbie lol

That's not how friends with benefits is supposed to work.....

Laffs
05-06-2019, 01:50 PM
New garage door and opener installed. Much better than the 30 year old units it replaced.

NickD
05-06-2019, 02:02 PM
Ron, so how many other young (female) co workers do you have.....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

newbiestangowner
05-06-2019, 03:07 PM
Ron, so how many other young (female) co workers do you have.....

Lol when u olllllllddddd like me they are all young

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190506/61474508a417a9902e7fc4289f0c66e1.jpg

Besides it’s all jokes for shits and giggles -we’re just work friends [emoji6]

NickD
05-06-2019, 10:09 PM
Lol when u olllllllddddd like me they are all young

Besides it’s all jokes for shits and giggles -we’re just work friends [emoji6]

you could be setting me up with them.... Im very very single...

newbiestangowner
05-06-2019, 10:15 PM
you could be setting me up with them.... Im very very single...

I think she’s only interested in one person right now lol
But I’ll keep u in mind

Ponyryd
05-07-2019, 12:01 AM
New garage door and opener installed. Much better than the 30 year old units it replaced.

I’ve thought about replacing mine as well but I kinda like the noise it makes, I know when it’s operating if the house is quiet. My garage is attached attached though, so it’s a different story I guess.
Don’t mind me, just bored.

stangstevers
05-07-2019, 07:23 AM
So I'm seeing a bunch of FB posts about how it takes 8 years of driving a car to produce a tesla battery in terms of co2.

A 100kwh battery apparently costs 17.5 tons of Co2 to produce. I doubt it would take 8 years to break-even if you compare similar cars, a Tesla with a 100kwh battery is comparable to an Audi RS7. I also think they got that 17.5 tons by looking at a Chinese battery factory (uses dirty energy to produce) and then make total-cost-of-ownership calculations based on driving a Tesla in areas where coal is still powers the grid.

Now look at new battery tech being developed, didn't the fine folks at MIT create a battery that actually absorbs Co2 from the atmosphere? You could also develop tech that essentially still uses gasoline in a "fuel cell", I think it's a solid-oxide fuel cell. Anyway, pump gas into a battery to produce electricity.

My take is electric is the future, the workings itself is superior to any gasoline powered car due to the efficiency of converting electricity to motion, once the battery (energy storage) technology becomes more effective - it will be 100% lights out for ICE powered cars. Think of production possibilities, you could literally make a flat frame/driveline and shove any POS carcass on top of it from 2 door sports coupe to a big luxury SUV. I also don't see much merit in any of the "human made climate change" talk while I agree pollution is bad. I also don't think cars are the answer to pollution problems when the top 15 ships on the planet create as much pollution as ALL the cars combined on the PLANET produce. Convert 15 ships to sail or electric and you just took pretty much every single fucking car off the roads. Why are we subsidizing high-end cars for the upper middle class (Tesla 3) instead of combating the actual polluters of the world?

Anyway, I'll get off the soap box but I'm in this world where I can't stand the typical "denier" (even if I am kind of one myself) and I can't stand the idiots that drink the UN koolaid in thinking we are killing the planet and we got like 8 years left of life? lol

ZR
05-07-2019, 07:29 AM
They've know full well emissions from cars is a very small part of the pollution problem but there is no political will to address the real issue.

Laffs
05-07-2019, 08:22 AM
I’ve thought about replacing mine as well but I kinda like the noise it makes, I know when it’s operating if the house is quiet. My garage is attached attached though, so it’s a different story I guess.
Don’t mind me, just bored.

LOL. Fair I suppose. This one ain't whisper quiet or anything as it's in the detached, but my goodness can't get over the difference in

- Quality. This thing seems to be built like a brick shithouse
- Insulation, with the door closed my garage is now quieter than my house and I bet this winter going to be a lot easier to keep heat in the garage
- Smoothness of operation. My good the old one took forever to go up and clattered and banged around. This thing just glides up in moments.

Fuck me I'm old. I'm excited about a garage door.

RedSN
05-07-2019, 08:25 AM
So I'm seeing a bunch of FB posts about...
I'll stop you right there. Just stop reading FB. Stop.

LOL, you should join Garage Journal (if you haven't already). New garage door and opener is big news! Like getting a Cobra kind of big news.

Laffs
05-07-2019, 08:50 AM
I'll stop you right there. Just stop reading FB. Stop.

LOL, you should join Garage Journal (if you haven't already). New garage door and opener is big news! Like getting a Cobra kind of big news.

I had a build thread on there that I stopped posting to after I sheet rocked the place. Mostly because I had to refocus on the house so i never finished taping and mudding and it's now in a state of chaos again.

RedSN
05-07-2019, 09:11 AM
I'm in the same boat. I have 3 sheets of drywall still to put in place, tape, mud, finish the ceiling. Had to refocus on the house (basement). Then the car.
Maybe the garage will get finished in the fall. LOL

5.4MarkVIII
05-07-2019, 11:06 AM
Ever stumble across a car you HAVE to have and know you will never get the chance again. But also know you have no space and a large project under way already.

RedSN
05-07-2019, 11:30 AM
nope, that never happens.

Laffs
05-07-2019, 12:32 PM
Ever stumble across a car you HAVE to have and know you will never get the chance again. But also know you have no space and a large project under way already.

I feel like anyone on here who doesn't relate to that is in a state of denial or has confused us with the equestrian mustang, at which point sub out car for horse and still probably true.

5.4MarkVIII
05-07-2019, 01:42 PM
In that case how many projects are too many? My wife wants to know

hsousa88
05-07-2019, 01:48 PM
In that case how many projects are too many? My wife wants to know

Mine says a boat and car are enough....

I disagree.

newbiestangowner
05-07-2019, 03:13 PM
Mine says a boat and car are enough....

I disagree.

Get everything NOW Hugo , before the little one arrives lol

hsousa88
05-07-2019, 04:13 PM
Get everything NOW Hugo , before the little one arrives lol

Hmm.. so you think I should just show up at home with a new stang? I like the way you think.

newbiestangowner
05-07-2019, 04:23 PM
Hmm.. so you think I should just show up at home with a new stang? I like the way you think.

Yes, I always say to my wife” well what if I had it before we got together?” Lol
see....my point

hsousa88
05-07-2019, 05:20 PM
your spending habits should be commensurate with your financial contributions to the marriage.

cars are healthier than alcohol

alcohol is pretty sweet tho

92redragtop
05-07-2019, 05:29 PM

That's because he's not the one that'll be sleeping on your couch :stickpoke:

newbiestangowner
05-07-2019, 05:40 PM
That's because he's not the one that'll be sleeping on your couch :stickpoke:

Lol
I was going to add- don’t blame me if you come home and your clothes are on the lawn.
Lol@Richard - if thats the case I’m sure I can find a “ better place to sleep” than the couch( winking)

92redragtop
05-07-2019, 05:56 PM
Lol
I was going to add- don’t blame me if you come home and your clothes are on the lawn.
Lol@Richard - if thats the case I’m sure I can find a “ better place to sleep” than the couch( winking)

Touché

Ponyryd
05-07-2019, 11:33 PM
LOL. Fair I suppose. This one ain't whisper quiet or anything as it's in the detached, but my goodness can't get over the difference in

- Quality. This thing seems to be built like a brick shithouse
- Insulation, with the door closed my garage is now quieter than my house and I bet this winter going to be a lot easier to keep heat in the garage
- Smoothness of operation. My good the old one took forever to go up and clattered and banged around. This thing just glides up in moments.

Ahh, I skimmed over the garage door part, thought you just did an opener.

But lemme tell ya, about 4 years ago my wife backed in to the garage door while closed, that was a fun night, lol. Me and a couple buddies beat it back into shape (kinda) and stuck it together with bubblegum and some rusty wood screws. Yeah now she has a new car with a camera and sensors, and auto braking, but I still am hesitant to replace the door. Just cheap I guess, plus it still kinda works.

Scrape
05-08-2019, 08:42 AM
Any advice on how to fix a toxic work environment? The Production Manager has been picking on one of the test technicians and watching his every move but she is out blasting with all her guns and taking everyone out at the same time. She is being loud and rude all at once. There has been many instances of her outburst with every single person here at the company. There is only 35 of us here. I have noticed that she sits in her office for hours on end chit chatting with her Production supervisor on a daily basis and gets away with it and then she suddenly gets out of seat and goes out and does her rampage and then back to her office. I feel that is not right. I do plan on speaking to the President of the company who is also the HR Manager and my boss as well. The only issue I have with him is that he is a weak person. What are your thoughts?

Blackmare
05-08-2019, 08:46 AM
Only advice I can give is when you are presenting your case to your boss, use language that comes from a place that you are concerned with employee moral which will have a direct effect on productivity/profits. If it comes to turn over, that will cost the company a bunch in retraining and loss of tribal knowledge.
Don't come across as complaining or bitching. He's the president and speaking to the bottom line, should be the motivation he needs to have a talk with her.
Nothing worse than "cancer" in the ranks. Can make going to work miserable.

Laffs
05-08-2019, 08:48 AM
Ahh, I skimmed over the garage door part, thought you just did an opener.

But lemme tell ya, about 4 years ago my wife backed in to the garage door while closed, that was a fun night, lol. Me and a couple buddies beat it back into shape (kinda) and stuck it together with bubblegum and some rusty wood screws. Yeah now she has a new car with a camera and sensors, and auto braking, but I still am hesitant to replace the door. Just cheap I guess, plus it still kinda works.

It was $1500 to replace my 9'x7' door and opener with an insulated door and a nice liftmaster opener. Not cheap but not outrageous either. I woulda just replaced the opener that failed but honestly the door was from 84, barely kept snow and rain out, more dented than our work trucks, and wasn't worth trying to fit a new opener to.

newbiestangowner
05-08-2019, 09:33 AM
You’ll be on your own with the complaint and possibly force the week boss to pick the easier response, which is sack the less belligerent party (you) as it’ll be an easier fight. Don’t count on support of co-workers who will duck and cover to avoid conflict.

I’d advise assisting your boss to see the problem himself and how it affects his bottom line ($$$). If action is his idea rather than yours you stand a chance at resolution.

Agree with Legwound, tread lightly with this one. True with co- workers , I’ve been in situations and I turn around no one is there( they have all ran away like mice) and I’m stuck holding the ball.

As stated above “assist “ and hopefully your boss will see and have a chat with her.

Good luck L.

5.4MarkVIII
05-08-2019, 09:39 AM
Mmmmm. Guy called me back on that car. Cheap but not cheap enough my wife will say yes.

What to do......

True Blue
05-08-2019, 09:53 AM
Mmmmm. Guy called me back on that car. Cheap but not cheap enough my wife will say yes.

What to do......

Buy the wife a nice gift, get the car!

5.4MarkVIII
05-08-2019, 10:06 AM
Anybody interested in a half finished thunderbird? Lol

RedSN
05-08-2019, 10:42 AM
Anybody interested in a half finished thunderbird? Lol
Tempting, but as previously stated: I have willpower to pass, LOL ....and no room, and no budget, and no time to complete.

hammerhead
05-08-2019, 12:01 PM
Any advice on how to fix a toxic work environment? The Production Manager has been picking on one of the test technicians and watching his every move but she is out blasting with all her guns and taking everyone out at the same time. She is being loud and rude all at once. There has been many instances of her outburst with every single person here at the company. There is only 35 of us here. I have noticed that she sits in her office for hours on end chit chatting with her Production supervisor on a daily basis and gets away with it and then she suddenly gets out of seat and goes out and does her rampage and then back to her office. I feel that is not right. I do plan on speaking to the President of the company who is also the HR Manager and my boss as well. The only issue I have with him is that he is a weak person. What are your thoughts?

I know I'm not an office guy but speaking up may put you in a bad position it sometime redirects attention to yourself - these things need to be approached with a lot of forethought and sometimes you come out looking like the problem - most people will sink their own ship - if it was me I would just sit back and watch the ship sink or sail and maybe have a little chuckle.

hammerhead
05-08-2019, 12:04 PM
Tempting, but as previously stated: I have willpower to pass, LOL ....and no room, and no budget, and no time to complete.

Me too but the high commander has been on a rampage - I had a car given to me but I didn't pick it up yet cause I like eating especially when the high commander is cooking lol

True Blue
05-08-2019, 12:23 PM
if it was me I would just sit back and watch the ship sink or sail and maybe have a little chuckle.

I second this!

Screw
05-08-2019, 12:38 PM

Unifor

hammerhead
05-08-2019, 12:47 PM
^^^^ had to look that up hahaha can tel I'm not a Union guy

1BAD92LX
05-08-2019, 01:22 PM
Will be spending the evening sand bagging around the back of my house. Lake Nippissing is getting too close

Screw
05-08-2019, 01:28 PM
Hammer , I wasn’t a fan of them either but push comes to shove....

RedSN
05-08-2019, 01:46 PM
Will be spending the evening sand bagging around the back of my house. Lake Nippissing is getting too close
I've never know you to sand bag.

hammerhead
05-08-2019, 02:50 PM
Hammer , I wasn’t a fan of them either but push comes to shove....

Yah I don't criticise really I worked with cupi for a few years - my union brothers always gave me shit for working too hard and making them look bad (they should of looked in the mirror). Now at my age if I stayed I could be retired but its just wasn't my thing. Its all good and like everything sometimes people take advantage. I just find most are missing the big picture by taking advantage for the short term and spurred much of the way business thinks today in regards to employment. Kind of dog eat dog.

hammerhead
05-08-2019, 02:52 PM

Hope it comes to an end soon!!

Laffs
05-08-2019, 02:56 PM

Tape a kilo of Columbian Bam-Bam to the bottom of her car and call the cops.

Blackmare
05-08-2019, 02:57 PM
^^Yep, that'll do it.

Screw
05-08-2019, 03:14 PM
Yah I don't criticise really I worked with cupi for a few years - my union brothers always gave me shit for working too hard and making them look bad (they should of looked in the mirror). Now at my age if I stayed I could be retired but its just wasn't my thing. Its all good and like everything sometimes people take advantage. I just find most are missing the big picture by taking advantage for the short term and spurred much of the way business thinks today in regards to employment. Kind of dog eat dog.

I look back and regret not jumping ship I’d be close to chilling out now , oh well ,should of ,could of ....

RedSN
05-08-2019, 03:17 PM
had to cheat, totally forgot what movie that was, LOL

Scrape
05-08-2019, 03:19 PM
I literally lol'd. Thanks for all the input guys. Interesting answers on how to solve the problem.

Screw
05-08-2019, 03:24 PM
Laffs nailed it imo

hammerhead
05-08-2019, 03:33 PM
I look back and regret not jumping ship I’d be close to chilling out now , oh well ,should of ,could of ....

Its hard to really know - I would of done well if I stayed with CUPE - but a friend of mine didn't see a future in the pipe fitters Union and left - there is a sense of security with union jobs - I think trade unions are a bit different then say a manufacturing plant union - I think some unions will be wiped out by automation spurred by a number of factors and I think unions are definitely one factor.

hammerhead
05-08-2019, 03:39 PM
At the urging of my now ex wife, I retired. 3 years later marriage in the toilet, and I'm left with a too small pension so I have to return to work. Had I remained at work I could have retired now with a good pension.

life happens.

I don't see retirement in my future really don't even think about it, couldn't sit still for a minute lol probably drop dead in the middle of welding something lol probably with one more inch to go hababa that's always when I run out if welding gas hahaha - think the High Commander might have a view on and variation on this thought too...hahaha

RedSN
05-08-2019, 03:48 PM
I don't see retirement in my future really don't even think about it...
It's all i think about.
Of course, my idea of retirement sounds a lot like your current job description. I will probably use a lot more welding gas in my retirement and have greasy hands all the time.

hammerhead
05-08-2019, 04:52 PM
It's all i think about.
Of course, my idea of retirement sounds a lot like your current job description. I will probably use a lot more welding gas in my retirement and have greasy hands all the time.

Cool you should move up to Melanchthon - your wife and my wife can have one property with flowers and puppies and you and I can have the one next door with burning metal and the smell o f clear coat - occasionally we can go next door for dinner and a shower and maybe a little smoochy smoochy. Hahaha

Screw
05-08-2019, 05:14 PM
Cool you should move up to Melanchthon - your wife and my wife can have one property with flowers and puppies and you and I can have the one next door with burning metal and the smell o f clear coat - occasionally we can go next door for dinner and a shower and maybe a little smoochy smoochy. Hahaha

Send me a link :)

92redragtop
05-08-2019, 05:37 PM
I literally lol'd. Thanks for all the input guys. Interesting answers on how to solve the problem.

As others have said, you can indicate to the owner that you're concerned about culture, morale, and the potential for higher attrition in the near to mid future (and the increase in employee related expenses, margin impact, customer impact/experience, quality, etc) and suggest a 360 feedback process or quarterly skip-level meetings he/she could host as a temperature check on culture/morale. It has to be made clear that all feedback will remain anonymous and is risk-free. If the culture does not currently support that (the owner/boss is also responsible for current state of affairs if the behaviour has been tolerated/condoned or ignored) then it may take some time and a few rounds of skip-levels to create an environment where it's ok to speak up in meetings like this. Of course, as the name suggests - any of the individual teams' direct managers should not be in the skip-level meeting.

hsousa88
05-08-2019, 07:07 PM
According to my math.. should have my union pension set by the time I’m 45. Can’t touch it till 55 and even then I’ll take a 20% loss... just gotta see if it’s worth it to pull out at 55 or wait till 65.

This is assuming work is steady and no one sticks their hands in the pension cookie jar.

hammerhead
05-08-2019, 09:34 PM
Send me a link :)

lol everyone should move up Melancthon. we'll change the name to Mustang and you need one to live here.

Screw
05-08-2019, 09:50 PM
lol everyone should move up Melancthon. we'll change the name to Mustang and you need one to live here.

Ya lol took me a bit to figure out how to pronounce it

stangstevers
05-09-2019, 07:22 AM
If you own this, you should feel shame https://www.autotrader.ca/ico/ford/mustang/peterborough/ontario/19_11042852_/?showcpo=ShowCpo&ncse=no&orup=13_15_17&pc=L1R%202J4&sprx=100

ZR
05-09-2019, 08:20 AM
^ I see it as different strokes for different folks kinda deal myself.

stangstevers
05-09-2019, 08:23 AM
5.0 / Cobra badges on a V6 for starters lol

ZR
05-09-2019, 08:25 AM
Given paint scheme etc, completes the package.

stangstevers
05-09-2019, 08:35 AM
What's better, big fish in small pond, or small fish in a big sea?

I'm looking for another job but at my level it isn't easy. Moving to executive level but I want a place that allows telecommute (2 days/week) and the office closer to home (Richmond Hill or Markham, worst case downtown TO near Union). I could be a Sr Director at a big company or VP at a smaller company. Big companies have better telecommute strategies while smaller companies (<1000 employees) are morons who can't see opportunities when presented to them. I usually like 1 day a week to remote, but even that is a challenge when you have 20+ people working for you.

I like transforming and building teams, putting into place a PMO or COE, IT governance frameworks and all that jazz. Problem is those are usually established in fortune 500's. Doing these things usually don't align with "working from home either".

hammerhead
05-09-2019, 09:35 AM
I'd like my old job back at McDonalds doing turn lay big macs and keeping the masses full and happy - most fun I ever had at a job lol wonder if they still cook em the same way

stangstevers
05-09-2019, 09:47 AM
I do miss the simpler days too, I was a graphic designer by day and mechanic for a small used car dealership nights and sometimes weekends. It was a good time, shit cars, racing at SanAir, big camp fire at the farm with lots of beer and hash lol Decisions like "buy new carb or pay rent" were made LOL

Funny I make exactly 8 times the money I did then, but not 8x happier now - go figure.

stangstevers
05-09-2019, 10:39 AM
I am perpetually depressed - mental illness. I have this little voice that only says things like "you're not good enough, you should be smarter, just end it already - not worth being alive" Anyway I used to stay active and/or drink to drown the voice... I mean it's loudest when I'm idling, I rarely idle as result LOL

Anyway I could win 100 million dollars and still not be "happy" because I will find a way to ruin it. Not sure how I got this bad but I'm the donkey in winnie the pooh ha! :/ But as for jobs, I find building things, process, teams and developing people is what I strive for and keeps my mind busy.

hammerhead
05-09-2019, 10:54 AM
I'm striving to become the simple air headed blonde I was for the first thirty years of my life - throw caution to the wind and live everyday like theres no tomorrow. Not worry about anything stay healthy and bug my kids to eternity as they have done to me lol if I don't become a grandpa soon I'm taking the kids back to the hospital and trading them in for some productive ones. When I get grand children its payback - first thing I'm gonna do is teach them to piss all over the toilet seat and wipe boogers on the wall lol - that might come naturally though lol...

newbiestangowner
05-09-2019, 11:01 AM
I'm striving to become the simple air headed blonde I was for the first thirty years of my life - throw caution to the wind and live everyday like theres no tomorrow. Not worry about anything stay healthy and bug my kids to eternity as they have done to me lol if I don't become a grandpa soon I'm taking the kids back to the hospital and trading them in for some productive ones. When I get grand children its payback - first thing I'm gonna do is teach them to piss all over the toilet seat and wipe boogers on the wall lol - that might come naturally though lol...

Lol
My pops was easy going but pretty firm/strict with his own children, but when he became a grandpa he once pulled me aside and said“ why are you so strict?”
He must have taken the same mindset as you Hammer lol but I wonder if it’s because he was way old [emoji23]

stangstevers
05-09-2019, 11:06 AM
At some point you get old enough to forget why you're so angry all the time LOL

newbiestangowner
05-09-2019, 11:07 AM
At some point you get old enough to forget why you're so angry all the time LOL

So you not old yet??
Just busting your balls lol

stangstevers
05-09-2019, 11:13 AM
Not enough LOL

I'm still in my teen angst years listening to Nirvana.

hammerhead
05-09-2019, 11:36 AM
Lol
My pops was easy going but pretty firm/strict with his own children, but when he became a grandpa he once pulled me aside and said“ why are you so strict?”
He must have taken the same mindset as you Hammer lol but I wonder if it’s because he was way old [emoji23]

The hair is gonna be a problem my Robert Plant hair days are over and I don't think I can wear moose knuckle jeans anymore either hahaha can you imagine - might be able to pull off the flock a seagulls tho with some real stickem gel and a light breezey day lol

mavrrrick
05-09-2019, 11:38 AM

Don't forget to feed them MASS amounts of sugar just before parents pick them up!!! Payback is a bitch!!! LOL

Screw
05-09-2019, 12:07 PM
I’ve tried to apply the simple logic of avoiding things that make me unhappy. Divorce was costly but still a bargain

Trying to answer they question of what makes me happy is tougher to do. I had initially thought I’d look deep, and move towards what makes me happier and discovered I have a hard time deciding what direction to steer my life towards.

.... you’re not alone

Screw
05-09-2019, 12:08 PM
The hair is gonna be a problem my Robert Plant hair days are over and I don't think I can wear moose knuckle jeans anymore either hahaha can you imagine - might be able to pull off the flock a seagulls tho with some real stickem gel and a light breezey day lol

Robert Plant hair lol good ole Zeppelin days

hsousa88
05-09-2019, 04:34 PM
How do you guys deal with dusty cars?

I wash the fox, drive it, park it for a week or two and it’s coated in dust. I’m kinda hesitant to try one of those microfibre dusters.. but if you guys use em I guess they aren’t so bad. I’ve used meguiars spray detail before but at that point I’m better off just washing it again.

Blackmare
05-09-2019, 05:43 PM
For light dust - California Duster. Worked great and no scratches.
Heavier dust, you're better off washing.

ZR
05-09-2019, 05:47 PM
Thankfully, surgeon was able to fast track an MRI for me, in on Sat pm.

ZR
05-09-2019, 05:54 PM
Yet another entitled prick in line at CTC today. Figured he should go to the head of the check out line because "I only have a couple of items and in a hurry". Well buddy, hope you got my message loud n clear.

Screw
05-09-2019, 06:05 PM
Cmon you don’t strike me as someone to voice things :boxer:

92redragtop
05-09-2019, 06:09 PM

Screw
05-09-2019, 06:20 PM
^^wearing the same red jacket I’ve seen ZR in

RedSN
05-09-2019, 06:29 PM
It’s very form fitting.

ZR
05-09-2019, 08:34 PM
Second attempt to squeeze in front / muscle me outta the way = time to explain how things are gonna play out.

newbiestangowner
05-09-2019, 08:35 PM
Second attempt to squeeze in front / muscle me outta the way = time to explain how things are gonna play out.

Wow
I would have liked to be there to see that.

(You know how gentle mannered I am with lack sleep )

Really??? The nerve of some people

ZR
05-09-2019, 08:38 PM
Anywho, nothing but good news on MRI schedule so all is good.

newbiestangowner
05-09-2019, 08:39 PM
Anywho, nothing but good news on MRI schedule so all is good.

Good news!
But still sore??

ZR
05-09-2019, 08:44 PM
Follow up last Friday, thinks I now have an ACL issue. Discomfort level is appreciable.

Laffs
05-09-2019, 09:04 PM
A Pete 359 with a mechanical Cat...

ZR
05-10-2019, 07:03 AM
https://www.smart-trucking.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/359-pete-john-pompeo-e1476200603940.jpg

stangstevers
05-10-2019, 07:07 AM
Wouldn't you be able to stop 99% of ID theft if companies like equifax simply slowed down the approval process and sent a registered lettered to your address with a code for you to go to a website and accept the new credit application? Governments should make those companies accountable for theft anyway.

My trick was to have such bad rating that it didn't matter, but I've cleaned that up and I think I'm in the 800's now.

5.4MarkVIII
05-10-2019, 07:38 AM

True Blue
05-10-2019, 08:21 AM
How do you guys deal with dusty cars?

I wash the fox, drive it, park it for a week or two and it’s coated in dust. I’m kinda hesitant to try one of those microfibre dusters.. but if you guys use em I guess they aren’t so bad. I’ve used meguiars spray detail before but at that point I’m better off just washing it again.

Throw an indoor car cover on it. If you don't want to buy one, old bed sheets works great too. A California Duster does the trick for the fine dust.

ZR
05-10-2019, 08:31 AM
Bed sheets = one of the best indoor covers. Sew two together if needed.

Scrape
05-10-2019, 08:38 AM
No to the California Duster. The fine dust will still scratch. I've tested it back in the hey days and then had to re polish the trunk of a car once. Learned my lesson and tossed that POS Duster.

RedSN
05-10-2019, 08:52 AM
http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16792&d=1557488335

details on this?
Is this the car you couldn't pass up? Is it local? Picture is small, but sure looks like my dad's old car if it was fixed up.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Miscellaneous/i-CjS6CrS/0/f139015f/S/53264C28-B2CD-4051-B88F-4CEDECDC73A0-S.jpg

Screw
05-10-2019, 09:06 AM
No to the California Duster. The fine dust will still scratch. I've tested it back in the hey days and then had to re polish the trunk of a car once. Learned my lesson and tossed that POS Duster.

Thanks

RedSN
05-10-2019, 09:07 AM
Sooo, I usually have a splash of whisky on Friday evenings.

Should I go with rye, bourbon or scotch tonight?

rye, then bourbon, then scotch.

5.4MarkVIII
05-10-2019, 09:18 AM
details on this?
Is this the car you couldn't pass up? Is it local? Picture is small, but sure looks like my dad's old car if it was fixed up.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Miscellaneous/i-CjS6CrS/0/f139015f/S/53264C28-B2CD-4051-B88F-4CEDECDC73A0-S.jpg

Not that exact car but like it. just 100% original, In the mount Carmel area.

I’m still trying to find reasons not to buy it. So far lack of space and time is all I have. Wife said I could buy it IF I sell the boat.

Later her and my mom were talking about the possibility of another baby. I said sure you can have another baby IF you sell one of the other kids first.

She laughed but I slept with one eye open just in case

mavrrrick
05-10-2019, 10:26 AM
^^^ first world problems?? LOL^^^

stangstevers
05-10-2019, 10:27 AM
I'm gonna roll a fat one... hmmm or buy a new pipe.

stangstevers
05-10-2019, 01:11 PM
I ate a fucking salad...

I remember the days of ordering a poutine, cheeseburger, hotdog, onion rings and a milkshake... then being hungry a few hours later. Now a salad can give me heartburn lol

RedSN
05-10-2019, 01:32 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/5aa9400f920560a195ba342a4d612b50/tenor.gif?itemid=9158914

NickD
05-10-2019, 01:58 PM
Whos doing the rain dance
Weather was 20 and sunny on Monday a week ago now it's cold and rain all day...

newbiestangowner
05-10-2019, 01:59 PM
Whos doing the rain dance
Weather was 20 and sunny on Monday a week ago now it's cold and rain all day...

That’s ok
Slo turd should do well then

NickD
05-10-2019, 02:04 PM
That’s ok
Slo turd should do well then

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkTime on track is one issue, the rest of the time standing in the rain is another..

newbiestangowner
05-10-2019, 03:11 PM
Time on track is one issue, the rest of the time standing in the rain is another..

That’s why I have to unpack. Got my umbrella, poncho, rain gear , extra dry clothes
And my special rain/ wet staggered special matched perfect rain tires [emoji6]

newbiestangowner
05-10-2019, 03:17 PM
That’s why I have to unpack. Got my umbrella, poncho, rain gear , extra dry clothes
And my special rain/ wet staggered special matched perfect rain tires [emoji6]

Just got the official ok from work lol

RedSN
05-10-2019, 03:21 PM
nobody likes the rain, lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zodLhwW5FSI

hsousa88
05-10-2019, 04:05 PM
That was my thought with the duster. I cringe at the thought of ruining my already bad paint.

I have a indoor cover.. a cheapo Canadian tire one that I bought years ago. Except it has tiny lil pinholes in it and let’s dust through.

Dunno why I never thought of bedsheets.. good stuff.

92redragtop
05-10-2019, 05:43 PM
Saw a white Mustang vert (SN-95 early 2000's model) wrapped around a hydro pole on Wednesday evening (Highway 50 south of Bolton) - hit the pole on the passenger door but the pole came all the way to where the driver's right femur would be normally be. Sad sight - hopefully there wasn't anyone in the passenger seat.

NickD
05-10-2019, 06:28 PM
Car is going into the 3rd week at the paint shop. (Needs to blend the fenders now) I can't wait to get it back and see it.
Guess I'll be bringing the daily to the track Monday...

newbiestangowner
05-10-2019, 06:53 PM
Nice!

Perks of having 2 mustangs , must be nice[emoji23]

Oh there’s a performance pack 2 waiting for you there

NickD
05-10-2019, 07:47 PM
Nice!

Perks of having a mustang and a Fusion coupe, must be nice[emoji23]

Oh there’s a performance pack 2 waiting for you there

Fixed it for you..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

newbiestangowner
05-10-2019, 07:56 PM
Fixed it for you..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh man- I guess slo turd got spanked by a fusion coupe on the road in Algonquin [emoji6] lol

Well I told you what to do with those 2 cars you have but you don’t want to listen, but maybe after you have some seat time in big RED that’s going to be there.

Screw
05-10-2019, 08:30 PM
Newbs we can raise your confidence...my mustang vs turd in Mexico...if you don’t prevail you can continue on with the turd thing :D

Old Fart
05-11-2019, 09:53 AM
OMG...really?

https://www.timminspress.com/news/local-news/5-motorists-charged-for-bypassing-barricades-on-norman

https://i.postimg.cc/DyfsbyTB/TD-Road-Closure-Norman-3.jpg

RedSN
05-11-2019, 10:30 AM
Have we already forgotten what can happen when you drive through flood warning barricades?
Kaden Young?

92redragtop
05-11-2019, 11:02 PM
Watched episode 1 of 5 of "Chernobyl" miniseries on HBO. Good episode so curious to see how they present the rest of the series.

Just happens I was chatting with my Polish neighbour last weekend - he was heading back to visit his home town in the old country (his wife wants to move back for their retirement years) but that he lost all his family over the years to cancer (said all the pics they sent him in the years after the disaster were "yellow" in tone). He said all the animals from around that time died off from unusual diseases.

1986stangfan
05-12-2019, 12:04 AM
Stock axles from the sn95 differential that will be going in the foxbody. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190512/8879acd9b3b805c7c88d13f54e390887.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190512/3a9a7ddcb7a8fd551077aaed3582ef0d.jpg good thing I already ordered north race car brackets, fox length axles with sn95 flanges, gears and bearings :)

ZR
05-12-2019, 12:29 AM
Look like scrap bin candidates.

ZR
05-12-2019, 12:29 AM
Just back from eye x rays then MRI.

mavrrrick
05-12-2019, 05:37 AM
Just back from eye x rays then MRI.

How did everything go?

1986stangfan
05-12-2019, 07:39 AM
Look like scrap bin candidates.

Definitely! If anyone is looking for glitter gear oil I have 2 litres lol so much metal!

stangstevers
05-12-2019, 08:11 AM
They promised global warming man that's such a false promise we should sue the UN lol

ZR
05-12-2019, 08:32 AM
How did everything go?

In spite of glitch caused by how doc filled out paperwork, tech in x ray got me right in and looked after then back upstairs for MRI (concern over previous metal debris in both eyes, was there any remaining). I was last patient for the night, MRI staff made it happen in spite of the delay. Really appreciate how much everyone looked after my best interests. See doctor for follow up in couple weeks.

Screw
05-12-2019, 08:38 AM
Wow that’s scary shiat man , never had any incidents in 29 yrs , last year had couple incidents too close to eyes , ppe now grabbed some glasses with prescription in lower part of glasses .

ZR
05-12-2019, 08:47 AM
Been in for flake of steel in my eye a couple or three times over the years. Last time, though I had a chunk in my eye, washed with eye solution, felt better immediately so didn't give it another thought. Two days later, woke up with my eye on fire. Off to emergency, piece out of my eye was no big deal but had to return a day later to have eyeball scraped with a scalpel to remove rust stain off the surface. That part was not pleasant.

Screw
05-12-2019, 09:00 AM
Dang ya no shiat not pleasant , we gotta be careful

ZR
05-12-2019, 09:04 AM
Oddly enough, happened when a chunk rolled off my forehead as I took off safely glasses, total fluke.

Armen
05-12-2019, 08:27 PM
https://barrie.ctvnews.ca/mobile/charges-dropped-against-drivers-in-luxury-car-takedown-two-years-ago-1.4417390?fbclid=IwAR3a7ZGR2D8INj-Cw1Xnph-18SS0U_7uPbNT-1gXa7Pw3FneGZQsysA0It4

Scrape
05-12-2019, 09:41 PM
RAPTORS!

ZR
05-12-2019, 10:01 PM
https://barrie.ctvnews.ca/mobile/charges-dropped-against-drivers-in-luxury-car-takedown-two-years-ago-1.4417390?fbclid=IwAR3a7ZGR2D8INj-Cw1Xnph-18SS0U_7uPbNT-1gXa7Pw3FneGZQsysA0It4

Gotta wonder how fees etc for impounds play out.

Laffs
05-12-2019, 10:34 PM

"extreme car enthusiast club"

Get fucked media, get fucked.

stangstevers
05-13-2019, 08:05 AM
All auto enthusiast clubs are decent and moderate, only extremists ruin it for everyone else. Don't be a f-ing autoenthusiaphobe!!! I should remind everyone that most car crashes are actually from non-enthusiasts. It's time we fight for the rights of auto enthusiasts around the world - Can't stand racists who put them all in the same boat!

stangstevers
05-13-2019, 08:10 AM
I am in a pissy mood this morning. You know the worker types that smile to your face and then stab you in the back the second you turn away. She's done it so many times now it's not very effective, management is literally laughing at her now.

Still pisses me off though

5.4MarkVIII
05-13-2019, 08:24 AM
I am in a pissy mood this morning. You know the worker types that smile to your face and then stab you in the back the second you turn away. She's done it so many times now it's not very effective, management is literally laughing at her now.

That sums up pretty much every person I’ve worked with

Scrape
05-13-2019, 08:37 AM
I have one of those here. See my post #17417. Management had a talk with her and now we are going see what the outcome will be.

Das 5.0
05-13-2019, 01:13 PM
Been in for flake of steel in my eye a couple or three times over the years. Last time, though I had a chunk in my eye, washed with eye solution, felt better immediately so didn't give it another thought. Two days later, woke up with my eye on fire. Off to emergency, piece out of my eye was no big deal but had to return a day later to have eyeball scraped with a scalpel to remove rust stain off the surface. That part was not pleasant.

Rick I had the same thing happen left it too long in my eye and it created a rust ring in my eye. Had to get it scraped as well .....

hsousa88
05-13-2019, 01:42 PM
Had a bit of a scare this weekend loading the boat onto the trailer. The damn thing came unhitched from my truck as soon as the boat touched the trailer. Seems the dumbass dealer didn’t use threadlock on the bolt that holds down the lil latch that hooks up to the ball. No idea what it’s called. Guess after 3 years of trailering around Ontario it loosened enough to unlatch. I guess it’s partly my fault for not checking but... no threadlock on such a crucial bolt? Wtf?

Thank god for safety chains. Would of been worse if it happened on the 400... damn.

Scrape
05-13-2019, 01:52 PM
A sliver of metal in the eye! Ouch!

Laffs
05-13-2019, 07:20 PM
Our driver called in sick today, leaving me to move all of our trailers in to a job site downtown. Haven't had to wheel a trailer around in a few years but managed to place all the equipment where it needed to go without looking like I just fell off the turnip truck. Calling it a victory, beer o'clock time.

ZR
05-14-2019, 12:52 AM
Rick I had the same thing happen left it too long in my eye and it created a rust ring in my eye. Had to get it scraped as well .....

You know exactly how it felt having a scalpel make a few passes across your eye.
Lil un nerving to say the least.

ZR
05-14-2019, 12:53 AM
Had a bit of a scare this weekend loading the boat onto the trailer. The damn thing came unhitched from my truck as soon as the boat touched the trailer. Seems the dumbass dealer didn’t use threadlock on the bolt that holds down the lil latch that hooks up to the ball. No idea what it’s called. Guess after 3 years of trailering around Ontario it loosened enough to unlatch. I guess it’s partly my fault for not checking but... no threadlock on such a crucial bolt? Wtf?

Thank god for safety chains. Would of been worse if it happened on the 400... damn.

Now that could have ended badly, wow.

stangstevers
05-14-2019, 10:27 AM
You know exactly how it felt having a scalpel make a few passes across your eye.

I even cringe at eye drops lol

RedSN
05-14-2019, 12:56 PM
Same here.
Freaks me out even watching people put contacts in. Laser eye surgery, forget it!

I did have to visit the ER once to get some wood chips that had gotten past my safety glasses. That was torture, felt like Clockwork Orange, but felt much better after.

Ponyryd
05-14-2019, 03:28 PM
^Worth it both times I’d guess.

Scrape
05-14-2019, 03:51 PM
All this talk of eyes makes me cringe.

WTF
05-14-2019, 04:05 PM

the snowflake who wrote "extreme car enthusiasts club" needs a punch in the throat

and I hope these 6 drivers have the wherewithal to attempt to sue whoever the fuck they can

Laffs
05-14-2019, 04:27 PM
the snowflake who wrote "extreme car enthusiasts club" needs a punch in the throat

and I hope these 6 drivers have the wherewithal to attempt to sue whoever the fuck they can

"extreme car enthusiast club"

Get fucked media, get fucked.

Great minds, get annoyed with same bullshit.

bluetoy
05-14-2019, 06:23 PM

You should try getting it drilled. That's awesome... not really. Had drilling done about 3 times.

ZR
05-14-2019, 06:38 PM
Yikes, you win on that one.

Laffs
05-14-2019, 06:48 PM
Been dealing with ongoing eye issues for 5 years now. Had fluid samples taken on a few occasions. Having a needle stuck in your eye is never a fun experience regardless of being 1st 2nd or 3rd time. Also drops every hour is beyond annoying.

stangstevers
05-15-2019, 08:07 AM
glad we didn't spend 30 to 50k on an inground pool last year. What a waste that would be. I bet this summer is going to be cold, wet and dark 80% of the time.

RedSN
05-15-2019, 08:43 AM
I bet this summer is going to be cold, wet and dark 80% of the time.
Oooooo! I love bets! :D
So only 19 days are going to be sunny, warm, and dry between June 21 to Sep 23?

stangstevers
05-15-2019, 11:18 AM
One 'view down... 2 more to go with the C level executives. I have only 2 "bites" right now for new jobs though. I hope this one pans out, huge company too.

I just want to make it to the corner office... then I'll go back to my redneck roots lol

newbiestangowner
05-15-2019, 05:26 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190515/9cbc1e89512f8c3db18bb4a424e41bc0.jpg

pwrab
05-15-2019, 11:26 PM
Tired of this crappy damp, cold, overcast weather......

ZR
05-16-2019, 06:56 AM
Fail to remain accident on my street in the wee hours last night. Screech of tires plus a multiple impacts was enough to wake me, looked out to see / hear an older Prelude speeding off with a recycling box jammed up underneath it. Looking out this am, can see vehicle lost control coming around the corner, mounted the curb and through a fence then and travelled across two lawns, hit the recycling box then spun and hit a Jeep in a driveway on the opposite side of the street. Backed up and headed back in it's original direction. All this on a 40km side street.
UPDATE, speaking with neighbor, just down the street, struck and damaged several other vehicles before fleeing.

Scrape
05-16-2019, 07:16 AM
People don't give a shit anymore. Even when they kill someone they just have no care in the world.

CON VERT
05-16-2019, 07:17 AM
Glad it was not your lawn or truck that got hit, seems to be lots of accidents around that area lately !

ZR
05-16-2019, 07:18 AM
They don't stop after hitting pedestrians so fleeing after hitting other vehicles is a no brainer. Marks across my lawn as well, lucky I park well up both driveways or would have been part of the carnage.

Scrape
05-16-2019, 07:21 AM
Asshats! That is all.

hsousa88
05-16-2019, 07:24 AM
Sounds like a drunk driver to me

CON VERT
05-16-2019, 07:46 AM
In that area, they just cannot DRIVE ! drunk or sober, + uber amount of high end rides !

Screw
05-16-2019, 09:03 AM
Fail to remain accident on my street in the wee hours last night. Screech of tires plus a multiple impacts was enough to wake me, looked out to see / hear an older Prelude speeding off with a recycling box jammed up underneath it. Looking out this am, can see vehicle lost control coming around the corner, mounted the curb and through a fence then and travelled across two lawns, hit the recycling box then spun and hit a Jeep in a driveway on the opposite side of the street. Backed up and headed back in it's original direction. All this on a 40km side street.
UPDATE, speaking with neighbor, just down the street, struck and damaged several other vehicles before fleeing.

That’s messed especially on your street , I expect it on mine cuz it’s a straight shot and a hill but wow wtf , maybe it was a stolen car getaway vehicle?

5.4MarkVIII
05-16-2019, 10:53 AM
Spent 30 min being yelled at by a customer because another dealer sold them a cheap washer at an inflated price

People suck

92redragtop
05-16-2019, 12:43 PM
^^I don't get it - why would they yell at you? Is that like going to the Brick and yelling at them because Leon's sold them the same product at an inflated price?

I assume you're under the same brand/header as the other dealer?

newbiestangowner
05-16-2019, 12:49 PM
Spent 30 min being yelled at by a customer because another dealer sold them a cheap washer at an inflated price

People suck

^^I don't get it - why would they yell at you? Is that like going to the Brick and yelling at them that Leon's sold them the same product at an inflated price?

I assume you're under the same brand/header and the other dealer?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190516/d2c6fc287c9d8c314a2bce3a01041d9d.gif

NickD
05-16-2019, 01:31 PM
I miss my car...
And nice weather

newbiestangowner
05-16-2019, 01:36 PM
I miss my car...
And nice weather

What’s going on ? You getting the transmission put in too ?

5.4MarkVIII
05-16-2019, 01:51 PM
^^I don't get it - why would they yell at you? Is that like going to the Brick and yelling at them because Leon's sold them the same product at an inflated price?

I assume you're under the same brand/header as the other dealer?

Called out for a complaint of the washer being noisy. Customer was informed as per warranty guidelines that warranty only covers malfunctions in parts or workmanship. It doesn't cover customer education or installation issues.

I go out and it’s just normal operation noise. She says my old washer didn’t make that noise. I said depends on your old washer. Buy a good washer 1000 plus. They aren’t bad noise wise. But by and entry level washer and threw are noisy because they are just a cheap washer. She asked how much I said we can sell these models for 400-500 depending on sales but I don’t sell them to my customers because they are too noisy. She got mad because “she paid a lot more than that from them”

Sorry I’m an independent contractor have no affiliation with the dealer you dealt with I was just asked to come out and assess the noise complaint.

Then I tried to give her a bill for my time.

And she called in her husband and they lost their gourds on me

People suck

And I sell the same brand but the other dealer was a “builder” that’s why the price was inflated

newbiestangowner
05-16-2019, 01:58 PM
Called out for a complaint of the washer being noisy. Customer was informed as per warranty guidelines that warranty only covers malfunctions in parts or workmanship. It doesn't cover customer education or installation issues.

I go out and it’s just normal operation noise. She says my old washer didn’t make that noise. I said depends on your old washer. Buy a good washer 1000 plus. They aren’t bad noise wise. But by and entry level washer and threw are noisy because they are just a cheap washer. She asked how much I said we can sell these models for 400-500 depending on sales but I don’t sell them to my customers because they are too noisy. She got mad because “she paid a lot more than that from them”

Sorry I’m an independent contractor have no affiliation with the dealer you dealt with I was just asked to come out and assess the noise complaint.

Then I tried to give her a bill for my time.

And she called in her husband and they lost their gourds on me

People suck

And I sell the same brand but the other dealer was a “builder” that’s why the price was inflated

So by luck of the draw they looked and called for a service person and you happen to be that guy?
What area is this lol? What kind of customers you get ???

I would only have one response to them

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190516/bd681f0d646133e3347cb41eab55388a.jpg

Laffs
05-16-2019, 02:07 PM
So by luck of the draw they looked and called for a service person and you happen to be that guy?

Happens all the time. Someone goes on google and determines they are now the expert, specs out a roof that makes ZERO fucking sense for the application. Finds a cheap ass flyby night outfit or guy to install it (usually incorrectly) and when it fails I get told I'm an idiot or out to lunch because somehow that's my fault, or that we'd actually like to be paid to repair someone else's terrible work or suggest a system that actually makes sense.

Or they call us to come inspect a roof and "give price to fix" that's too far gone to repair (some cases I've felt unsafe on the building) and when I say I can't do the "$100 repair" they want get told we have bad business practices, are rip off artists, called all the names, etc.

5.4MarkVIII
05-16-2019, 02:34 PM

I was dispatched by the manufacturer to inspect. Customer was informed before I went that if there was a fault it would be under warranty and no charge to them. However if there was no fault they would be responsible for the call.

Happens all the time people shop at big box who sublets delivery’s to people who just drop it and leave. We get called out because of a problem only to find it just wasn’t installed correctly. Warranty doesn't pay for that (some do not all )

Sucks because my customers (if they pay for deliver) get full set up and education on running the appliance. Because that’s what I believe customer service is Then I get yelled at because I won’t clean up the poor customer service of someone who doesn't give a flip if the customer ever comes back, for free.

5.4MarkVIII
05-16-2019, 02:36 PM
Happens all the time. Someone goes on google and determines they are now the expert, specs out a roof that makes ZERO fucking sense for the application. Finds a cheap ass flyby night outfit or guy to install it (usually incorrectly) and when it fails I get told I'm an idiot or out to lunch because somehow that's my fault, or that we'd actually like to be paid to repair someone else's terrible work or suggest a system that actually makes sense.

Or they call us to come inspect a roof and "give price to fix" that's too far gone to repair (some cases I've felt unsafe on the building) and when I say I can't do the "$100 repair" they want get told we have bad business practices, are rip off artists, called all the names, etc.

I don’t get people and add to that the mentality to just scream till you get what you want or blackmail with bad reviews till the company gives in.

Problem is when your standing there asking to be paid after fixing someone else’s problem. More often than not. Your the one getting the bad review not them.

92redragtop
05-16-2019, 03:23 PM
Sounds like if this is a common issue (non-payment for unwarranted service calls), the manufacturer or service company should pre-auth with a credit card over the phone before going onsite (like a hotel reservation), then if it is a no-fault you can just complete the pre-auth and charge the credit card for the service call (without asking for anything additional while onsite so you don't have people threatening you when you ask for payment). If it is valid warranty work that you'll get paid for by manufacturer then credit card pre-auth will just expire if not used. Just make sure the T&C's for the service call pre-auth is given to the customer (or included in the fine print on the service call form).

Obviously, you shouldn't have to work for free.

5.4MarkVIII
05-16-2019, 03:35 PM
we have a store policy that when we call to book and a customer is informed that if its not warranty they will be responsible for the call. if the customer complains or says bill the dealer we politely decline service and ask them to have someone else dispatched.

people like that are not worth my time as I'm way to busy to deal with that crap. this one just happened to slip threw the cracks

NickD
05-16-2019, 03:51 PM
What’s going on ? You getting the transmission put in too ?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI wish, still at paint hopefully getting it this weekend.

5.4MarkVIII
05-16-2019, 05:20 PM
I wish, still at paint hopefully getting it this weekend.

Waiting is the worst part

Scrape
05-17-2019, 07:36 AM
I need to read this everyday.

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1919945&stc=1&d=1539954244

ZR
05-17-2019, 07:38 AM
Roger that.

Scrape
05-17-2019, 07:47 AM
I am firing on all cylinders.
https://www.universetoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/sat-5-land-resize.png

ZR
05-17-2019, 08:13 AM
Note I sent to U Haul customer service after being asked for a review.

Quick and easy pick up, did find one tire was down 20lbs of air compared to the rest, no big deal. Returned well before required time, spoke with one gentlemen who asked I back it into a spot along the side but while backing up, another employee asked I drop it out around the back where I picked it up from. No problem, once unhooked, handed him my paperwork and asked if anything else required, he said all is done, I drove away. Yesterday get a call asking when I intend to return the trailer, explain what went on and was assured I'd hear back, no call. Took time to drive down to the location, after 20+ minutes of wandering around counter person said she can't find the trailer. Again explain what went on and ask them to review video, in midst of second or third time saying when I returned, second employee says to just close the contract off. Asked ok so what happens now, said "we will just report it stolen". So two different people somehow missed checking it back in, another can't take time to call me back, no one interested enough to check video, another person wanders around for 20 min looking for a trailer that has somehow disappeared while another takes the oh well it must been stolen approach.

5.4MarkVIII
05-17-2019, 09:00 AM
Sounds like the one employee might know exactly where it is or who stole it.

hammerhead
05-17-2019, 09:01 AM
I had issues with one in Brampton here. Ordered a car dolly week in advance. Picked it up Friday night after work. I get there they had six to chose from I hook up to all six and none of them working correct. This uhaul had its own shop and and the techs hanging around washing their cars. The service manager says we can't let go with a dolly. I said I wasn't leaving without a dolly I ordered a week ago. He said I can't help you. I said go to the shop and get me the tools I'm not leaving until I get a dolly. I fixed the fucking thing myself and all the mechanics just stood around washing cars - I shake my head and wonder how the hell do companies stay in business.

ZR
05-17-2019, 09:38 AM
Have fixed lights on my own time / dime on their trailers before.

ZR
05-17-2019, 12:33 PM
Sounds like the one employee might know exactly where it is or who stole it.

Don't like to point fingers but sure makes a person wonder.

Old Fart
05-17-2019, 02:38 PM
Almost need to have them sign something that you returned it.

ZR
05-17-2019, 08:44 PM
In the future, will be doing exactly that plus taking pic of it dropped off and shot of who received it.

WTF
05-18-2019, 08:42 AM
840am and I'm back from 3 runs to Sheridan Nurseries

you gotta get up early for the Dragon Wing Begonias

newbiestangowner
05-18-2019, 12:13 PM
Last night minding my business driving like Ms Daisy always someone messing with slow turd. Hitting 2nd limiter and allowing them to take the hit I’ve got my handy chart,

Mr G37s help me figure out what length slo turd gapped you

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190518/5b558aa8c1ad7158acb341bd39210448.jpg

Slo turd[emoji6]

5.4MarkVIII
05-18-2019, 01:41 PM
Got the old gangster mobile home. Now to learn how they did things in the 30’s

92redragtop
05-18-2019, 02:02 PM
Goodbye BBT

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ERmHiaKJwtU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hsousa88
05-18-2019, 02:35 PM
Goodbye BBT

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ERmHiaKJwtU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great show. I feel like the finale could have been better.

5.4MarkVIII
05-18-2019, 06:50 PM
Any one here had any experience with old flat head 6’s

hammerhead
05-18-2019, 08:29 PM
Been seeing a lot of really old uber drivers - great to see them working - but I remembered how my grandmother use to drive and that was scary!

RedSN
05-18-2019, 09:02 PM
Any one here had any experience with old flat head 6’s
Just the very little experience with our ‘36

hammerhead
05-18-2019, 09:13 PM

this is for sale not too far from me if anyone is looking for an old Mopar - didn't have a real good look at it but drum brakes on the front - looked pretty original

5.4MarkVIII
05-18-2019, 10:06 PM

this is for sale not too far from me if anyone is looking for an old Mopar - didn't have a real good look at it but drum brakes on the front - looked pretty original

Those late 60’s Mopar bring big money

5.4MarkVIII
05-18-2019, 10:09 PM
Just the very little experience with our ‘36

Might not be as lucky as I first thought. Guy couldn’t get the car to start dispite paying someone else to sort out the ignition.

Noticed pretty quick that the plug wires were not done right. Also found the old capacitor was buggered.

Fixed those problems and went to crank it and didn’t chug. Just spun over really quiet like. Pulled the new plugs and no compression at all.

Pulling the head tomorrow to see how bad it is.

Might get a motor swap sooner than I had hoped.

stangstevers
05-19-2019, 07:09 AM
I kinda want to build a shop... detail garage type thing / tinting / tire n wheels ... can't be that much capital investment?

ZR
05-19-2019, 07:55 AM
Might not be as lucky as I first thought. Guy couldn’t get the car to start dispite paying someone else to sort out the ignition.

Noticed pretty quick that the plug wires were not done right. Also found the old capacitor was buggered.

Fixed those problems and went to crank it and didn’t chug. Just spun over really quiet like. Pulled the new plugs and no compression at all.

Pulling the head tomorrow to see how bad it is.

Might get a motor swap sooner than I had hoped.

No compression in any cylinders? Now that would be odd.
Been sitting a long time? Flat heads and stuck valves go hand in hand.

ZR
05-19-2019, 08:12 AM
If you have the option to flat tow slowly around the block, many times heat built up will see it fire up. Same goes for powering starter only with 12v will spin fast enough to fire. No it will not hurt the starter, just be sure not to send 12v to rest of vehicle.

ZR
05-19-2019, 08:14 AM
Also worth confirming someone has not adjusted the valves too tight.

5.4MarkVIII
05-19-2019, 08:44 AM
No compression in any cylinders? Now that would be odd.
Been sitting a long time? Flat heads and stuck valves go hand in hand.

been in a garage since 83.

I stopped checking compression after two cylinders. at that point I figured the head is coming off. keeping my fingers crossed. if its worse. maybe a 5.0 swap. lol

ZR
05-19-2019, 08:57 AM
Pour bit of ATF in each cyl n let soak for a day or three rolling over slowly from time to time.

RedSN
05-19-2019, 08:59 AM
Lol, you’re lucky it turns over. Ours was seized.

Screw
05-19-2019, 10:13 AM
I kinda want to build a shop... detail garage type thing / tinting / tire n wheels ... can't be that much capital investment?

Like any business competitive, lots of ceramic & ppf shops popping up . I was at a place in Concorde Toto Tire, for central GTA they were pricing Nitto & wheels pretty aggressively & trying to build the ceramic and ppf biz . I think if you can build and own the shop might keep your head above water until it picks up .

IanGTCS
05-19-2019, 03:26 PM
Yard cleanup weekend. 15 yard waste bags and about 20 bundles from taking out some overgrown shrubs and cleaning up leaves. Garbage guys are going to love us on Tuesday.

ZR
05-19-2019, 04:06 PM
Sorry to guys in the blue M earlier. ;)

newbiestangowner
05-19-2019, 04:28 PM

I’d like to be able to say that lol

True Blue
05-19-2019, 05:04 PM

Did he know he was racing? Ducking and running for cover. :cower::D

Screw
05-19-2019, 05:25 PM
Saw sweet property today needs work price reflects condition.....any waterproofing contractors or recommendations

hsousa88
05-19-2019, 05:47 PM
Fox is so nice when it’s clean... now to tuck it in the garage before it rains

True Blue
05-19-2019, 05:54 PM
Saw sweet property today needs work price reflects condition.....any waterproofing contractors or recommendations

www.rccwaterproofing.com

CON VERT
05-19-2019, 06:31 PM
When u see the price u may RUN !!

Screw
05-19-2019, 07:21 PM
Maybe I will but worth looking into

Laffs
05-19-2019, 09:46 PM
Tonight I received photographic evidence I was truly given no choice when it came to this hobby.

Here's me at approx. 1 year old in my Uncles then brand new 87 GT convertible. Also pictured is my Dad's 86 LX I came home from the hospital in.

hammerhead
05-19-2019, 10:06 PM

This is my little whippet jumping her Mustang in her first day of competition today. She maybe weighs in at 90 pounds but behind these green eye's and small frame is a fierce competitor. In her first year of competition last year she silenced all the neigh sayers by working hard and becoming the champion. Today she moved up two divisions and placed 2nd - that's not going to sit well and I'm sure next event she will be gunning for number 1 - I'm a proud daddy!

ZR
05-19-2019, 11:15 PM
^ Epic cool, congrats to all.

ZR
05-19-2019, 11:23 PM
Did he know he was racing? Ducking and running for cover. :cower::D

It did not turn out how he envisioned it.
Had hoped he'd pull back up so I could ask if M stood for Mom's car.

Ponyryd
05-20-2019, 12:07 AM

This is my little whippet jumping her Mustang in her first day of competition today. She maybe weighs in at 90 pounds but behind these green eye's and small frame is a fierce competitor. In her first year of competition last year she silenced all the neigh sayers by working hard and becoming the champion. Today she moved up two divisions and placed 2nd - that's not going to sit well and I'm sure next event she will be gunning for number 1 - I'm a proud daddy!

What you did there...I see it:encouragement:

stangstevers
05-20-2019, 07:08 AM
Like any business competitive, lots of ceramic & ppf shops popping up . I was at a place in Concorde Toto Tire, for central GTA they were pricing Nitto & wheels pretty aggressively & trying to build the ceramic and ppf biz . I think if you can build and own the shop might keep your head above water until it picks up .

I'd have to make a business plan to figure out the market, competition, barriers to entry and all that jazz. I guess owning the real estate would present less risk?

Anyway just a pipe dream at the moment

hammerhead
05-20-2019, 07:41 AM
been in a garage since 83.

I stopped checking compression after two cylinders. at that point I figured the head is coming off. keeping my fingers crossed. if its worse. maybe a 5.0 swap. lol

Gotta put a viper engine in it

WTF
05-20-2019, 08:01 AM
back from Sheridan nurseries for the 4th and last time this weekend

18 planters in the yard....many of them pretty large

got 9 of them jammed with nice begonias yesterday

got more this morning to take care of 6 planters this aft

last 3 planters will be done next weekend

also brushed on a coat of ipe oil to all my deck railings, skirts and pergola

add in a leg workout, back workout and arm workout.....and I'd say I did a pretty good job of beating the fuck outta myself this weekend

5.4MarkVIII
05-20-2019, 09:02 AM
Gotta put a viper engine in it

I thought maybe hemi but worth way to much money. if it ever happens it will most likely be 350 or a 5.0