PDA

View Full Version : Post whatever is on your mind!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96

Ghost Rider
12-01-2019, 03:20 PM
Wait, don’t you own a Shelby? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spent all his money on Tune

mavrrrick
12-01-2019, 05:25 PM
spent all his money on Tune

Shhhhhhh.....wife is home,..... shhhhhhhh

ZR
12-02-2019, 09:05 AM
Buddy sent this to me today.

<dl><dd>welcome to 2019...first snow fall of the season!

</dd><dd>8:00 am: I made a snowman. c
</dd><dd>8:10 - A feminist passed by and asked me why I didn't make a snow woman.
</dd><dd>8:15 - So, I made a snow woman.
</dd><dd>8:17 - My feminist neighbour complained about the snow woman's voluptuous chest saying it objectified snow women everywhere.
</dd><dd>8:20 - The gay couple living nearby threw a hissy fit and moaned it could have been two snow men instead.
</dd><dd>8:22 - The transgender man..woman...person asked why I didn't just make one snow person with detachable parts.
</dd><dd>8:25 - The vegans at the end of the lane complained about the carrot nose, as veggies are food and not to decorate snow figures with.
</dd><dd>8:28 - I was being called a racist because the snow couple is white.
</dd><dd>8:31 - The Muslim gent across the road demanded the snow woman wear a burqa.
</dd><dd>8:40 - The police arrived saying someone had been offended
</dd><dd>8:42 - The feminist neighbour complained again that the broomstick of the snow woman needed to be removed because it depicted women in a domestic role.
</dd><dd>8:43 - The council equality officer arrived and threatened me with eviction.
</dd><dd>8:45 - TV news crew from CBC showed up. I was asked if I know the difference between snowmen and snow-women. I replied "Snowballs" and am now called a sexist.
</dd><dd>9:00 - I was on the news as a suspected terrorist, racist, homophobe sensibility offender, bent on stirring up trouble during difficult weather.
</dd><dd>9:10 - I was asked if I have any accomplices. My children were taken by social services.
</dd><dd>9:29 - Far left protesters offended by everything marched down the street demanding for me to be beheaded.
</dd><dd>Moral: There is no moral to this story. It is what we have become.</dd></dl>

Ghost Rider
12-02-2019, 09:25 AM
^^^you people...

*wasn't even packing snow to boot!

:D

Laffs
12-02-2019, 10:59 AM
https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/d/missouri-city-reduced-1-owner-2005/7020772703.html

Keep feeling like I have too much $$$$$ tied up in my Ram. Absolutely love the truck to pieces and it's been great to me, but for a 3km round trip commute have a $40k truck seems excessive. Something like this is all the truck I'd likely ever need and could free up a bunch o cash for future fun purposes.

ZR
12-03-2019, 06:15 AM
http://www.tortoiseknowsbest.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Be-Nice1.jpg

Scrape
12-03-2019, 08:39 AM
Very true.

Foxstang
12-03-2019, 09:55 AM
I'm pretty sure the hobby is over in Ontario... photo radar about to go up everywhere, federal government buying into the climate change hoax, stunt laws, etc...

I got a strong lead on my 87 and I think it will be gone by spring. I'll clean up the 88 with my OCD skills and put it up for sale in late spring, probably only in the USA market to avoid the $5,000 offers for a 20k car lol

Zutz2v
12-03-2019, 10:13 AM
https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/d/missouri-city-reduced-1-owner-2005/7020772703.html

Keep feeling like I have too much $$$$$ tied up in my Ram. Absolutely love the truck to pieces and it's been great to me, but for a 3km round trip commute have a $40k truck seems excessive. Something like this is all the truck I'd likely ever need and could free up a bunch o cash for future fun purposes.

Totally off topic but I know you know a thing or 2 about cams. I was looking into doing stage 3 comp cams. Do you know anything about them ? I was looking them up on YouTube. I like the sound but do you know how the performance is ?

Slick_89_Hatch
12-03-2019, 10:16 AM
I'm pretty sure the hobby is over in Ontario... photo radar about to go up everywhere, federal government buying into the climate change hoax, stunt laws, etc...

I got a strong lead on my 87 and I think it will be gone by spring. I'll clean up the 88 with my OCD skills and put it up for sale in late spring, probably only in the USA market to avoid the $5,000 offers for a 20k car lol

Pretty sure you have several more years that you can enjoy them. And the photo radar is only being allowed for School Zones and Community Safety Zones I believe.

Foxstang
12-03-2019, 10:43 AM
According to the rules, any road with 80kmh or less speed limits can have radar installed.

Slick_89_Hatch
12-03-2019, 11:14 AM
According to the rules, any road with 80kmh or less speed limits can have radar installed.

:frown-new:

92redragtop
12-03-2019, 11:46 AM

Not sure it will be that widespread - as much it's called a cash cow, the cameras (speed and red light versions) are pretty expensive plus there's the maintenance, etc. I was asking our mayor (Caledon and Region of Peel) last winter about transport trucks speeding and running red lights and all the accidents on Highway 50 at certain intersections, and they have been waffling about the cost of the cameras, ROI, and funding them (I think they have to allocate the capex but the ticketing revenue goes somewhere else (it's all accounting entries but apparently it's not as simple as co-mingling capex/revenue funds as it would appear. It is probably easier for them to use a "save the children" argument (not that this is a bad thing since there are people who still speed through school zones) to justify the capex approval in the municipal property tax increase.

Laffs
12-03-2019, 04:28 PM
Totally off topic but I know you know a thing or 2 about cams. I was looking into doing stage 3 comp cams. Do you know anything about them ? I was looking them up on YouTube. I like the sound but do you know how the performance is ?

Totally unfamiliar with the stages but are those the 272 duration ones aka the 272AH? If so I thought they were way more max effort NA than boost suited. Also they require the heads to come off and pistons be notched/replaced for PTV clearance. Also they have like a 112 LSA which is what gives you the lopey idle but less than ideal for boost. I think the MHS max effort SC cam is around a 115LSA

Think we had this discussion before, selecting cams based on Youtube videos is like selecting your wife off Instagram posts. Ya it's gonna seem awesome at first but in long run all you're going to have left is less money and more headaches. I'd talk to one of our sponsor shops about your goals and budget and let them build you a package that can meet them.

bluetoy
12-03-2019, 09:24 PM
Am I too easy?

I sold a set of tires on Facebook. I said in the ads first line that the treads had cracks in them. Then I took pics of the cracks on every tire and put them in the ad. Only asking $100 for 4 LT snow tires with 75% tread. I figure they are good for farm use or something like that. When the guy showed up I showed him the cracks. He still bought them. That was Sunday. Today he messages me saying the tires are cracked and no one will install them. He wants his money back.

Not sure how this is my problem but I sent him his money and told him to toss the tires.

ZR
12-03-2019, 09:53 PM
Am I too easy?

I sold a set of tires on Facebook. I said in the ads first line that the treads had cracks in them. Then I took pics of the cracks on every tire and put them in the ad. Only asking $100 for 4 LT snow tires with 75% tread. I figure they are good for farm use or something like that. When the guy showed up I showed him the cracks. He still bought them. That was Sunday. Today he messages me saying the tires are cracked and no one will install them. He wants his money back.

Not sure how this is my problem but I sent him his money and told him to toss the tires.

Nicely done, respect.

ZR
12-03-2019, 10:53 PM
Snowblower got some love today. New scraper blade, fresh pair of slider shoes (thanks again Stephen), greased and an oil change.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/515gRQVzDOL._SX425_.jpghttps://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41R8rrOBLcL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Stephen06GT
12-03-2019, 11:31 PM
Snowblower got some love today. New scraper blade, fresh pair of slider shoes (thanks again Stephen), greased and an oil change.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/515gRQVzDOL._SX425_.jpghttps://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41R8rrOBLcL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Glad I could help.

ZR
12-03-2019, 11:35 PM
Seems old blade really had seen better days, was worn within 1/4" - 3/8" of the mounting bolt holes. LOL

mavrrrick
12-04-2019, 09:32 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191204/fdac92ee257eb447fb502cbcdef5be7f.jpg

ZR
12-04-2019, 09:45 AM
http://cdn-webimages.wimages.net/051802386c881c191324cbc1ed3f69849febf1-wm.jpg?v=3

Zutz2v
12-04-2019, 10:10 AM
Totally unfamiliar with the stages but are those the 272 duration ones aka the 272AH? If so I thought they were way more max effort NA than boost suited. Also they require the heads to come off and pistons be notched/replaced for PTV clearance. Also they have like a 112 LSA which is what gives you the lopey idle but less than ideal for boost. I think the MHS max effort SC cam is around a 115LSA

Think we had this discussion before, selecting cams based on Youtube videos is like selecting your wife off Instagram posts. Ya it's gonna seem awesome at first but in long run all you're going to have left is less money and more headaches. I'd talk to one of our sponsor shops about your goals and budget and let them build you a package that can meet them.

Ya you mentioned before when I asked but I’m still confused on all this. Keep in mind I do drywall not mechanics so I ask someone who might know. And I know you have cams and are boosted if I’m not mistaken so I asked again lol but thank you for your advice I appreciate it.

Zutz2v
12-04-2019, 10:12 AM
Am I too easy?

I would have sent him the money back despite his stupidity. Long story short your. Good man and the worlds need those. Be your self

ZR
12-04-2019, 10:59 AM
Ya you mentioned before when I asked but I’m still confused on all this. Keep in mind I do drywall not mechanics so I ask someone who might know. And I know you have cams and are boosted if I’m not mistaken so I asked again lol but thank you for your advice I appreciate it.

Whats your set up?

newbiestangowner
12-04-2019, 11:07 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191204/fdac92ee257eb447fb502cbcdef5be7f.jpg

Lmao!
Seems to really suck more this year then previous years for you :)

hammerhead
12-04-2019, 11:21 AM

This is how I thought in the 90's and deprived myself of many years of something I loved since I was 5 years old when I purchased my first Revell model kit, with the first 2$'s, I received at my 5th Birthday party. It took my children some years later to bring me back. I thought computers was the end and look now we have 700hp mustangs because of computers. - this opens up a lot of opportunity especially if people with race tracks are paying attention. There will always be people like us who push the envelope and tinker. Electric cars will not change the speeding problem and the way people drive or the hobby. I'm all for letting technology keep people safe on the roads they can't do it themselves - the plus to all this - if the gov is paying attention, - The cops driving around all day to catch speeders can be put to better use on things like getting the guns and thugs out of our lives... I hope you reconsider you have a piece of history that may be hard to replace in the future. By the way - My first car when I was 5 years old was a blue Revell '68 Camaro....lol and when I think of all the Red Lines I destroyed in the sand box and cutting up to make custom cars, it puts a smile on my face....

mavrrrick
12-04-2019, 11:24 AM
Lmao!
Seems to really suck more this year then previous years for you :)

Other than the car, winter started early this year. I'm in a huge school till Dec. 23 and I'm responsible for snow removal. My body hates me!!! WINTER SUCKS!!! But really, its about the car...lol

Foxstang
12-04-2019, 12:43 PM
The added traffic congestion is what gets to me these days, re winter.

Zutz2v
12-04-2019, 12:52 PM
This is how I thought in the 90's and deprived myself of many years of something I loved since I was 5 years old when I purchased my first Revell model kit, with the first 2$'s, I received at my 5th Birthday party. It took my children some years later to bring me back. I thought computers was the end and look now we have 700hp mustangs because of computers. - this opens up a lot of opportunity especially if people with race tracks are paying attention. There will always be people like us who push the envelope and tinker. Electric cars will not change the speeding problem and the way people drive or the hobby. I'm all for letting technology keep people safe on the roads they can't do it themselves - the plus to all this - if the gov is paying attention, - The cops driving around all day to catch speeders can be put to better use on things like getting the guns and thugs out of our lives... I hope you reconsider you have a piece of history that may be hard to replace in the future. By the way - My first car when I was 5 years old was a blue Revell '68 Camaro....lol and when I think of all the Red Lines I destroyed in the sand box and cutting up to make custom cars, it puts a smile on my face....

Have you replaced the stang yet ?

hammerhead
12-04-2019, 01:37 PM
Have you replaced the stang yet ?

check out "79 Pace Car" in "What are you working on"- not a replacement but one I've had for a while - Bought an F150 to help my daughter out with her interests - I do miss the s550 tho and will get one if the opportunity arises...

Stephen06GT
12-04-2019, 01:37 PM
... Electric cars will not change the speeding problem and the way people drive or the hobby. I'm all for letting technology keep people safe on the roads they can't do it themselves .

Have you ever seen or been to an electric go-kart track where the track can control the speed of the karts? Given the current technology in today’s and future autos, you can bet dollars to donuts that there are organizations already working on a way to automate and control your drive and sell it to governments.

Ghost Rider
12-04-2019, 01:49 PM
Have you ever seen or been to an electric go-kart track where the track can control the speed of the karts? Given the current technology in today’s and future autos, you can bet dollars to donuts that there are organizations already working on a way to automate and control your drive and sell it to governments.

not exclusive to electric...they can control the gas ones too...it's all in the computer, I don't know if they still use this method but F1 was using this for a while... under caution they would regulate the cars that way they all stayed spaced out exactly where they were when the caution was thrown and there was no bunching up on restarts, some loved it, some hated it!

Laffs
12-04-2019, 02:20 PM

Yessir. I have a Vortech V3 setup and Comp 262 cams. I went smaller with the cams when I was NA because I knew one day I'd want boost. Now hindsight being 20/20 I wish I had just gone with a full on boost specific cam from somewhere like Anderson or MHS. But also wish I did ALOT of things differently.

In actuality I think many people myself included run cams for the idle sound, performance being a close second. However the cost/time/everything it takes to put cams in 2V car properly isn't trivial. The novelty of having the lumpy idle is awesome don't get me wrong, but if I had to pull my stock heads, notch the pistons, reinstall and degree it all, and I didn't see huge power gains I'd probably get very annoyed long term. My setup is super basic, sure it doesn't sound like a pro-mod on idle, but to me the ROI was there. If numbers/track times aren't your end game and you just want the thing to sound straight up nasty it might be worth it to you to go whole hog on cam sound choice vs performance. I"m sure a stage 3 comp would still net you respectable gains over stock, not as much as a cam spec'd for your setup but an increase none the less.

I'm just inferring from your posts about Cobras and the like that while you love your Mustang, it may have lost it's shine. Speaking from personal experience a party trick like a lopey idle will restore the love temporarily but performance gains and seat of the pants excitement you feel will really make you want to hold on to a ride. For reference I'm far far far from a mechanic, just a guy who works in Roofing and has put way more money in a 2V GT than he'd like to admit.

hammerhead
12-04-2019, 02:43 PM

yes I can see more control in the future with technology but currently I don't think its there yet - it would be nice to see controls cause people just cant drive and insurance is really a stupid tax we could do without - the hobby will never die - I'm sure someone will develop some sort of stealth mode that will make camera radar blind to the vehicle it is subscribed too - just like the fuzz busters of yesterday - newtons law is always in effect...lol - I've never been on a go kart like that tho - I did roll a go kart once, that hurt, glad I had a helmet on...lol

Zutz2v
12-04-2019, 06:22 PM
Yessir. I have a Vortech V3 setup and Comp 262 cams. I went smaller with the cams when I was NA because I knew one day I'd want boost. Now hindsight being 20/20 I wish I had just gone with a full on boost specific cam from somewhere like Anderson or MHS. But also wish I did ALOT of things differently.

In actuality I think many people myself included run cams for the idle sound, performance being a close second. However the cost/time/everything it takes to put cams in 2V car properly isn't trivial. The novelty of having the lumpy idle is awesome don't get me wrong, but if I had to pull my stock heads, notch the pistons, reinstall and degree it all, and I didn't see huge power gains I'd probably get very annoyed long term. My setup is super basic, sure it doesn't sound like a pro-mod on idle, but to me the ROI was there. If numbers/track times aren't your end game and you just want the thing to sound straight up nasty it might be worth it to you to go whole hog on cam sound choice vs performance. I"m sure a stage 3 comp would still net you respectable gains over stock, not as much as a cam spec'd for your setup but an increase none the less.

I'm just inferring from your posts about Cobras and the like that while you love your Mustang, it may have lost it's shine. Speaking from personal experience a party trick like a lopey idle will restore the love temporarily but performance gains and seat of the pants excitement you feel will really make you want to hold on to a ride. For reference I'm far far far from a mechanic, just a guy who works in Roofing and has put way more money in a 2V GT than he'd like to admit.

My car hasn’t lost its shine at all. I love my year make and model above all which is why I bought it. I’m just a speed junkie lol. But I also bought my car the way it is. I’d like to put my own little notch in it. Other then boost intercooler gears and clutch I don’t know what else I can put. But essentially my end game is more power. I have 430 going to the crank but come spring my plan is to get it re-tuned and running properly. Then depending from there I’d like to add some badass cams to up the power ( sound to if possible) and try and achieve 400 to the wheels if possible.

Ghost Rider
12-04-2019, 06:28 PM
I'm with Laffs on the cams... I'd put them in purely on sound even if it meant losing a few HP, and almost did too. Researched for a couple months straight, between myself and Rick but ultimately decided not too based on the fact that the car gets tracked hard and it's been dead nuts reliable and I didn't want to take the chance at compromising that. Plus the 4V is a bitch to time and some places won't even do it, which I kinda respect cause if you're unsure, I'd rather them be up front about it then find out later when it counts. For the issues it could cause and the amount of work for little gains (relative) it may be more hassel than it's worth...

that all being said...they sound so fucking sexy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

92redragtop
12-04-2019, 06:31 PM
not exclusive to electric...they can control the gas ones too...it's all in the computer, I don't know if they still use this method but F1 was using this for a while... under caution they would regulate the cars that way they all stayed spaced out exactly where they were when the caution was thrown and there was no bunching up on restarts, some loved it, some hated it!

OnStar 2.0

Zutz2v
12-04-2019, 07:40 PM
I'm with Laffs on the cams... I'd put them in purely on sound even if it meant losing a few HP, and almost did too. Researched for a couple months straight, between myself and Rick but ultimately decided not too based on the fact that the car gets tracked hard and it's been dead nuts reliable and I didn't want to take the chance at compromising that. Plus the 4V is a bitch to time and some places won't even do it, which I kinda respect cause if you're unsure, I'd rather them be up front about it then find out later when it counts. For the issues it could cause and the amount of work for little gains (relative) it may be more hassel than it's worth...

that all being said...they sound so fucking sexy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great now I’m more confused lol

ZR
12-04-2019, 09:17 PM
I'd love to hear cams in my Cobra but I'm not willing to give up an ounce of it's stock like drive ability or reliability. Car makes good squeeze as it sits and given cams aren't worth a whole lot of gain, easier to keep money in my pocket.

mavrrrick
12-05-2019, 09:16 AM
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/video/watch/bikers-caught-on-camera-riding-180-mph-on-public-road/vi-BBXMBxV

U.K. doesn't mess around !!!

IanGTCS
12-05-2019, 04:12 PM
I've got an extra ticket to see the headstones this Saturday at the Phoenix. If anyone is interested PM me.

newbiestangowner
12-05-2019, 04:28 PM
https://ca.yahoo.com/finance/news/ford-workers-break-silence-faulty-145800004.html

Transmission Flawed

DETROIT – They knew the truth and kept quiet.

Their secret wasn’t a secret at all in engineering, product development, research, design or manufacturing within Ford Motor Co., say seven current and former employees who worked to develop and launch the Fiesta and Focus cars that would become known for defective automatic transmissions.

“My hands are dirty. I feel horrible,” said an engineer who played a key role in developing the popular compact cars.

“You think of the gentleman who stood up for the space shuttle Challenger, saying if they launched that with the ice on it that it’s going to blow up. Well, these kinds of really horrific technical errors seemed to pass right through at Ford on this project,” the engineer said.

Asked whether the company ignored early warnings from its experts, Ford said the "vehicles were safe when they were introduced after rigorous testing during development, and remain so today after more than a decade on the road and billions of miles accumulated by customers around the globe."

More: Ford knew Focus, Fiesta models had flawed transmission, sold them anyway

The engineer said: “We’d raise our hands and be told, ‘Don’t be naysayers.’ We got strange comments. It seemed the ship had sailed. After that, if you ask questions, you’re accused of mutiny, so you put your head down and make it work. Good people tried to make it work. But you can’t violate the laws of physics. It’s a mechanical catastrophe.”

bluetoy
12-05-2019, 07:48 PM
Ontario's S.P.I.F. regulations are killing me because I have a 2001 truck. Gonna put a lot of smaller trucking companies in trouble.

Laffs
12-05-2019, 07:52 PM
Ontario's S.P.I.F. regulations are killing me because I have a 2001 truck. Gonna put a lot of smaller trucking companies in trouble.

SPIF can fuck right the hell off. Hey you know that L9 with the 3406 that's literally never given you trouble, please ditch that for this new ISL powered POS that's constantly stuck in derate. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

ZR
12-05-2019, 08:09 PM

What have they done?

Laffs
12-05-2019, 08:14 PM
https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/050413?_ga=2.252121289.1596911365.1575589955-1446160046.1575589955#BK6

Most of the grandfathering to be compliant with these regulations ends Dec 30 next year. So if your 2011 or older truck isn't within the guidelines, congrats you fucked.

ZR
12-05-2019, 08:21 PM
So you've worked your balls off to keep your then compliant truck in good shape and on the road but rules changed long before it was time to replace..............ya, sounds like something our bumbling azzhats would do.
Fawk!!!

Laffs
12-05-2019, 09:09 PM
My understanding is that they say you can extend the operating permits for pre-SPIF trucks up till the end of the vehicles "life-cycle" which they deem to be 15 years of age. Which is a crock of shit if you look at the amount of pre-90s iron that well maintained still makes a living for people. Also SPIF regulations drop the weight allowances down which is a whole other set of issues.

Laffs
12-05-2019, 09:53 PM
SPIF is the government regulations mentioned above. The L9 was the Ford L9000 dump with the Caterpillar 3406 motor that was a super bulletproof workhorse. The ISL is the name of the Cummins powerplant in the new Freightliner SD122 dump that replaced the Ford to meet the new regulations and has been a nightmare with problems and downtime to fix.

hammerhead
12-05-2019, 10:17 PM

I forgot all about this - it's been quiet for a while. I had a quick look at the link Laffs provided but it's too late for my brain at this time to read and comprehend the jargon. I assuming you need to reconfigure your axles and maybe add a steer axle, or buy new vehicles? For most of the last twenty years it has been my belief the gov wants all trucks off the road (those are just my beliefs) - Where I live there was a planned mega quarry for gravel. It was going to begin with trucking to the USA but ultimately most of the freight would end up on a future planned rail road...I also think (and this is only my opinion) they want to narrow trucking down to a handful of large companies much like it was before deregulation. I like many am a self employed one person business and I think the gov would like to see all small business's like myself disappear (again that's my own belief) I feel for you after being in the industry for so long myself. At one time I had great passion for the industry that has all dried up and gone...best of luck.

hammerhead
12-05-2019, 10:49 PM
SPIF is the government regulations mentioned above. The L9 was the Ford L9000 dump with the Caterpillar 3406 motor that was a super bulletproof workhorse. The ISL is the name of the Cummins powerplant in the new Freightliner SD122 dump that replaced the Ford to meet the new regulations and has been a nightmare with problems and downtime to fix.

I've worked closely with several companies over the years - I basically have narrowed down to one average sized company I've had a close relationship with for 20yrs. To be honest I don't know how or even why for that matter why they want to continue to do it. New trucks are nothing but a massive headache along with all the regs and a number of other factors if you cross the ditch. It would seem to me that the best option would be to just lease for three to four years and turn the vehicles in and learn to adapt to a never ending monthly payment - I understand in your case this is likely not going to work for you...I've had relations with one company who operates with trailers and rail only, they've washed their hands from all the power units (truck) and contract that end of it out. They've been operating this way for some time now and it seems to work for them...

bluetoy
12-05-2019, 10:59 PM
Any truck that is not SPIF compliant that is older than 2005 must be retro fit with a Self steer computer controlled lift axle by end of Dec 2020. This is approx a 15-20,000 expense per truck. It also renders your pre spif truck worhtless to sell or trade. If you are able to change the lift axle yourself it will save a little cash. In my research a suitable axle will run you minimum 10,000 up to about 15,000. The spif computer system with install and calibration runs beween 4-6000. you cannot do that part yourself. Most spif axles use single wide based tires and wheels. Theres approx another 3-4000. If you opt for the more expensive axle you can use your existing dual wheels. Many trucks are simply too short to get spif 23 which is equivalent to what you are legal to carry now. That makes them only useable for spif 21. Which drops your max GVW to 33,000 kgs from the usual 35,000. With the extra weight of a self steer axle it reduces your payload by approx 3000 kgs. Thus making your truck useless and not worth spending the money to swap it. If you truck is newer than 2005 you can pay a one time fee of $440 to run existing system until it is 15 yrs old. Once we get to 2025 all trucks must be spif. Not sure why a 2010 non spif truck can run until 2025 but my 2001 cannot yet it is in better shape than many 2010's.

Now S.P.I.F. stands for safe, productive and infrastructure friendly. The very first word safe is the exact opposite of what these axles are. Having a self steer axle carrying up to 33% of the gross weight of a truck does make any sense. Especially when in many cases it's taking most of it's weight from the front axle of the truck. Thus explains why many guys are getting 6 months life out of a set of $2000 front tires instead of 2 yrs.front axle scrub and sliding is a terrible side effect of these axles. Only in the last few months has it become legal to have an override switch in the cab so the driver can lift the spif axle in emergency and slippery conditions. The laws are very flawed yet they are crammed down our throat.

Me thinks there may be many many truck fires in the next 12 months....

bluetoy
12-05-2019, 11:00 PM
I've worked closely with several companies over the years - I basically have narrowed down to one average sized company I've had a close relationship with for 20yrs. To be honest I don't know how or even why for that matter why they want to continue to do it. New trucks are nothing but a massive headache along with all the regs and a number of other factors if you cross the ditch. It would seem to me that the best option would be to just lease for three to four years and turn the vehicles in and learn to adapt to a never ending monthly payment - I understand in your case this is likely not going to work for you...I've had relations with one company who operates with trailers and rail only, they've washed their hands from all the power units (truck) and contract that end of it out. They've been operating this way for some time now and it seems to work for them...

There are no walk away leases for heavy trucks. If there is they are very rare.

hammerhead
12-05-2019, 11:05 PM
There are no walk away leases for heavy trucks. If there is they are very rare.

That I'm not sure of - a friend of mine was very successful this way - the buy back was a dollar and he never kept the truck more than four years - this was dry consumer freight tho.

ZR
12-05-2019, 11:11 PM
OMG, had no idea.

hammerhead
12-05-2019, 11:16 PM
Any truck that is not SPIF compliant that is older than 2005 must be retro fit with a Self steer computer controlled lift axle by end of Dec 2020. This is approx a 15-20,000 expense per truck. It also renders your pre spif truck worhtless to sell or trade. If you are able to change the lift axle yourself it will save a little cash. In my research a suitable axle will run you minimum 10,000 up to about 15,000. The spif computer system with install and calibration runs beween 4-6000. you cannot do that part yourself. Most spif axles use single wide based tires and wheels. Theres approx another 3-4000. If you opt for the more expensive axle you can use your existing dual wheels. Many trucks are simply too short to get spif 23 which is equivalent to what you are legal to carry now. That makes them only useable for spif 21. Which drops your max GVW to 33,000 kgs from the usual 35,000. With the extra weight of a self steer axle it reduces your payload by approx 3000 kgs. Thus making your truck useless and not worth spending the money to swap it. If you truck is newer than 2005 you can pay a one time fee of $440 to run existing system until it is 15 yrs old. Once we get to 2025 all trucks must be spif. Not sure why a 2010 non spif truck can run until 2025 but my 2001 cannot yet it is in better shape than many 2010's.

Now S.P.I.F. stands for safe, productive and infrastructure friendly. The very first word safe is the exact opposite of what these axles are. Having a self steer axle carrying up to 33% of the gross weight of a truck does make any sense. Especially when in many cases it's taking most of it's weight from the front axle of the truck. Thus explains why many guys are getting 6 months life out of a set of $2000 front tires instead of 2 yrs.front axle scrub and sliding is a terrible side effect of these axles. Only in the last few months has it become legal to have an override switch in the cab so the driver can lift the spif axle in emergency and slippery conditions. The laws are very flawed yet they are crammed down our throat.

I haven't seen truck fires for a while wink wink - I was wondering why the tires always looked bad - never worked on a steer axle - I assumed it was worn ends. I would imagine with that much weight they would need constant maintenance... This sounds crazy - I never thought it was that big of a deal I guess rates increase is not an option but I cant see how production can continue - most of the trucks I see out this way are older...?

Laffs
12-05-2019, 11:39 PM

My heart goes out to you man. I can't imagine if hauling was our core business what we'd be doing. We're construction, have always had a couple heavy trucks in the fleet because it worked for our business model and our owner said it allowed us to be more responsive/proactive and the cost difference vs contracting out was worth it. I've been doing the cost analysis and our cost to run the trucks ourselves vs contracting out has tripled in the last few years. Honestly the talk has been once our one guy with his AZ retires to sell the truck and just contract out.

The shop that services our fleet echo'd your sentiments about safety/cost to make the older stuff compliant. He cautioned us that even if we had an SLA installed it might still not get the proper weights on the steers needed and the only value our truck had was the driveline anyway. We don't lease anything, best option I've seen is financing written in such a way that you "should" have equity in the truck after a 48 -60 month period and can then do a trade/re-up situation. Which still sucks when you could get a good clean non-spif truck for 30-40k vs payments of $3k a month

Foxstang
12-06-2019, 07:34 AM
Job hunting is an exhausting job lol... This time I won't stay at my current location even if they offer more. I fixed a lot of issues but the commute is getting old. It seems to range between an hour to two hours (I'm avoiding the 407 because that was costing me a lot of coin). I used to be able to work from home but since I'm management I need to be in the office 955, which is funny because my productivity is in the dumps. When I had flexibility, I would work long hours when needed and took it easy when I could. It all balanced out in the end. What's worse is when I need to hire people since a lot of good candidates walk away when they find out we don't offer any flex hours or telecommute.

Oh well... Time for change. Would love to work in Markham since it would be an easy drive. Or simply downtown near Union. I would leave my truck at home, I'd take the bus and GO train each day. Probably get away with just one family vehicle.

As for the Foxes, I'm still thinking I'm out of the game. Although 90's cars will go up in value (while the 40's and 50's drop) I don't see it happening locally and with SJW's in government that think no one should be driving ICE cars anymore, it's a matter of time before gas powered classics are outlawed. I will sell my engine hoist and some tools, maybe even the 4 post lift. Hell once Ford has an electric Ranger, I'm going electric (I do like the Mach-E though). I have a 60amp circuit going in the garage this spring for future proofing anyway.

Darkhorse
12-06-2019, 08:31 AM
After reading all this SPIF stuff, who then makes up these laws? It has to be someone with at least a little knowledge of trucking to be pushing the regulation? I guess the control mechanism is to prevent the people that don't maintain their trucks, but of course the few that do get the shaft right along with it.

I guess it was like e-test, it's to go after negligent people, but enthusiasts get screwed, but now they've scrapped it in the end. Sounds like this thing won't have legs given all the side effects or will force smaller companies to merge with larger ones, I just don't get how it gets through without major trucking companies screaming about it. Unless the rabbit hole is deep and they are in on it.

Scrape
12-06-2019, 09:07 AM
https://pics.me.me/atwork-lookin-at-the-clock-like-a-is-it-3-30-11977179.png

hammerhead
12-06-2019, 09:40 AM
is this Federal or Provincial legislation?

the legislation are weird - this one is likely provincial only but may be similar to others in North America - some trucking companies travel all over North America and that's when it gets real stupid because no district is on the same page - take speed limiters in Ontario speed limiters are law on trucks not to exceed 105kph - that is not required anywhere else that I'm aware of

hammerhead
12-06-2019, 09:55 AM
is this Federal or Provincial legislation?

I think part of the problem with all this is the gov let the weights and axle configurations and length of trailers get out of hand - trucks beyond two axle are really heavy and hard on the roads and somebody needs to pay for the road work - in the past the trucks had lift axle to carry the weight - the problem the axles needed to be lifted when turning - this meant added weight on the remaining axles on the ground and structure of the trailer - a tri-axle trailer has a long spread and is hard to turn - also the weighs changed drastically but the systems really did change for example- air brake "S" cam braking system is as old as the hills and has many flaws in the designs and operation that I see regularly - it may have worked well in the '50's and beyond when trucks where only 38 ft. long and one axle - nothing has really changed engineering wise for the stopping systems but rates have greatly increased - in the last two decades disc brakes have been developed but haven't been legislated to be standard OEM. they have ABS but that doesn't improve the antique design....it's a crazy industry hahaha - you can that most regs are made up from people who may have been influenced by industry pressure and lack of knowledge and are now trying to gain control again....

5.4MarkVIII
12-06-2019, 10:14 AM
https://pics.me.me/atwork-lookin-at-the-clock-like-a-is-it-3-30-11977179.png

Lol posted at 8:07. It’s gonna be a long day

Laffs
12-06-2019, 11:14 AM
After reading all this SPIF stuff, who then makes up these laws? It has to be someone with at least a little knowledge of trucking to be pushing the regulation? I guess the control mechanism is to prevent the people that don't maintain their trucks, but of course the few that do get the shaft right along with it.

I guess it was like e-test, it's to go after negligent people, but enthusiasts get screwed, but now they've scrapped it in the end. Sounds like this thing won't have legs given all the side effects or will force smaller companies to merge with larger ones, I just don't get how it gets through without major trucking companies screaming about it. Unless the rabbit hole is deep and they are in on it.

It's more an infrastructure measure designed to reduce the amount of impact heavy trucks have on Ontario's roads and highways. Let related to truck maintenance and more about weight transmitted per axle. So the rabbit hole theory would be as stated it's going to hurt guys with small fleets that now have to pay to convert their trucks/buy new trucks and end up not being able to run as much load in their trucks so a double hit to the bottom line. Therefore basically allowing the big fleets who can stomach the impact on the bottom line to weather the initial storm and then pick up the work when the little guys close up.

bluetoy
12-06-2019, 02:23 PM
I think part of the problem with all this is the gov let the weights and axle configurations and length of trailers get out of hand - trucks beyond two axle are really heavy and hard on the roads and somebody needs to pay for the road work - in the past the trucks had lift axle to carry the weight - the problem the axles needed to be lifted when turning - this meant added weight on the remaining axles on the ground and structure of the trailer - a tri-axle trailer has a long spread and is hard to turn - also the weighs changed drastically but the systems really did change for example- air brake "S" cam braking system is as old as the hills and has many flaws in the designs and operation that I see regularly - it may have worked well in the '50's and beyond when trucks where only 38 ft. long and one axle - nothing has really changed engineering wise for the stopping systems but rates have greatly increased - in the last two decades disc brakes have been developed but haven't been legislated to be standard OEM. they have ABS but that doesn't improve the antique design....it's a crazy industry hahaha - you can that most regs are made up from people who may have been influenced by industry pressure and lack of knowledge and are now trying to gain control again....

This is 100% accurate. The weight limits in Ontario are way out of hand. It's not our fault that they are this way but now we are being forced to modify trucks that currently are and have been legally allowed to carry the weights. Instead of cramming an unsafe and questionable system down our throats why not let older trucks cycle out of the system. This system will force many smaller companies and many more owner operators out of business. But in the end Ontario doesn't want small business anyway. This is a provincial law not federal. Unfortunately our trucks are not configured for any other province or state for that matter.

Laffs
12-06-2019, 03:33 PM
You know those days where you want to throw your phone in a river, get in your truck, start driving, and when you feel like stopping start a new life in that location? That's what this day feels like.

hammerhead
12-06-2019, 04:29 PM
This is 100% accurate. The weight limits in Ontario are way out of hand. It's not our fault that they are this way but now we are being forced to modify trucks that currently are and have been legally allowed to carry the weights. Instead of cramming an unsafe and questionable system down our throats why not let older trucks cycle out of the system. This system will force many smaller companies and many more owner operators out of business. But in the end Ontario doesn't want small business anyway. This is a provincial law not federal. Unfortunately our trucks are not configured for any other province or state for that matter.

Not sure what you have but you may be able to sell it in Texas they have some heavy haulers there most have tag axles with smaller tires on the lift - also Michigan allow crazy weights on their roads too (or did) other than that I cant think of anyplace other than Quebec, they use to allow tandems with a lift and tri-axle trailers out to the east coast. I hope it all works out for you. I found it to be stimulating conversation and didn't realize how much I had forgot. It even brought back memories of the "Wedge Brake" system. That was a rear treat. You also introduced me to things I wasn't aware of and almost got me interested lol - for the last ten years or so I have not been keeping up with the trends. There are people around that buy unsold trucks and ship them places where they can be put back into use...again I hope it all works out for you!

Laffs
12-06-2019, 06:01 PM
Our truck apparently ended up being stripped for parts and the motor put in a Glider kit. CAT powered stuff still seems to bring a premium even if the shipping container is real rough.

newbiestangowner
12-07-2019, 03:01 PM
Someone I know is signing papers for his new GT 500 today :)

Will get some pics when he takes delivery
What a douche

Edit: delivery is still sometime in spring? What the heck??

hammerhead
12-07-2019, 07:10 PM
Our truck apparently ended up being stripped for parts and the motor put in a Glider kit. CAT powered stuff still seems to bring a premium even if the shipping container is real rough.

my neighbour (farmer) has got an old Ford dump truck with a mechanical Ford diesel v8 with low mileage - I've been trying to squeeze that engine out of him for years for the rusted carcass I have in the driveway and build a real red neck coal roller....

hammerhead
12-07-2019, 07:12 PM
Someone I know is signing papers for his new GT 500 today :)

Will get some pics when he takes delivery
What a douche

Edit: delivery is still sometime in spring? What the heck??

what - did you get a paper route...?

Scrape
12-07-2019, 07:39 PM
I want to thank Rick and Ross for the great work done on my classic Jetta (old jalopy). They did an awesome job on troubleshooting and getting back on the road safely. Those old brakes were cheap shit that was overpaid crap 3 yrs ago. Car stops like a new car again. :mechanic:

Laffs
12-07-2019, 09:02 PM
my neighbour (farmer) has got an old Ford dump truck with a mechanical Ford diesel v8 with low mileage - I've been trying to squeeze that engine out of him for years for the rusted carcass I have in the driveway and build a real red neck coal roller....

If it's a V225 just go steal it.

Screw
12-07-2019, 09:46 PM
I want to thank Rick and Ross for the great work done on my classic Jetta (old jalopy). They did an awesome job on troubleshooting and getting back on the road safely. Those old brakes were cheap shit that was overpaid crap 3 yrs ago. Car stops like a new car again. :mechanic:

Ya Ross & his employee do good work ;)

ZR
12-07-2019, 09:54 PM
LOL

Scrape
12-07-2019, 10:33 PM
LMAO!

On another note my car literally stops on a dime now. No joke. Here is my picture to prove it.

Ya Ross & his employee do good work ;)

mavrrrick
12-08-2019, 10:11 AM
LMAO!

On another note my car literally stops on a dime now. No joke. Here is my picture to prove it.

An American dime at that!!

Old Fart
12-08-2019, 09:54 PM
On my mind...why is no one complaining about the 60% hydro rate hike??

Screw
12-09-2019, 09:25 AM
It’s Saturday for me tg dun

Hey Mav you scoop up those wheels yet ? ;)

hammerhead
12-09-2019, 10:03 AM
On my mind...why is no one complaining about the 60% hydro rate hike??

my rates have not changed for a few years now maybe this is new to your area - where you on one of those fixed plan...?

hammerhead
12-09-2019, 11:08 AM
When luck comes a persons way it's a sign of a good omen. This has recently been the case for my little Whippet, AKA, Penelope Whitherspoon, but her given name is Hayley. Some may remember a proud daddy post of maybe a year ago of her recent horse jumping success. She has worked hard but after one year has out grown her pony that stands 13 hands and needs a new mount to move forward. She has completed her second year now on the same pony and has worked with many others on the farm. In two short years she has been very successful and has received attention from some of the industry's best. Over the past few weeks she has been working with a 3 year old thoroughbred who has just been retired from racing. She's big, black, and beautiful. We where asked not to share too much info or pics at this time, because she is a known horse from a respected blood line and has all the papers to prove it. I've been lucky to help her work the horse with her and have really enjoyed getting more involved with her and the horse.She has proven the be very gentle considering her spirit. I don't know much about the sport but when she rides, it's beautiful, and it stands out. She has big aspirations and like any sport rubbing shoulders with the finest comes at a cost. The owner of this horse has many options but has elected to give her to my daughter if they are a true fit and she promises to care for the horse over her life time. I'm so happy for her it's unexplainable. Today during her lesson and after a few weeks of working with her on the ground, she will finally after much anticipation climb on top and take her for a spin. I can see after being with her often for weeks now the anticipation, nerves, and a little fright ( the horse must be close to 8' tall or so with her head up.) My little Whippet is extremely driven though and I know she cant wait to take to the air on the back of this horse. Her first coach underestimated her tenacity and made a huge mistake in doing so. Hayley has a huge killer instinct in her little frame and focus's on knowing and taking down all her competition, including her old coach's students. I'm so proud of her!

Old Fart
12-09-2019, 12:32 PM
my rates have not changed for a few years now maybe this is new to your area - where you on one of those fixed plan...?

Are you sure they have not changed?...

https://i.postimg.cc/q7WHs8S0/74355915-10157711120746170-3973554608109780992-n.jpg

hammerhead
12-09-2019, 12:36 PM
Are you sure they have not changed?...

https://i.postimg.cc/q7WHs8S0/74355915-10157711120746170-3973554608109780992-n.jpg

I knew they where going up but my bill really hasen't changed much - not 60% when I look at the bottom line - I will pay more attention to the next one - the High Commander must be doing less laundry cause the bottom line has actually been lower - not much anyone can do

92redragtop
12-09-2019, 12:42 PM

I haven't seen anything here yet either.

Laffs
12-09-2019, 12:44 PM
My bills have gone down lately.

Old Fart
12-09-2019, 12:44 PM
I haven't seen anything here yet either.

That's weird...I checked my last bill and it showed the increased rates. Would this only affect Northern Ontario?

mavrrrick
12-09-2019, 12:47 PM
It very well be just northern Ont. I remember a ways back the talk on increase for northern rates.

92redragtop
12-09-2019, 01:05 PM
Yes it could be a local utility.

Old Fart
12-09-2019, 01:20 PM
Yes it could be a local utility.

Not local, I get my bill from Hydro1.

edit: Check your statement fellas, just called Hydro1 and the rate increase is for the whole of Ontario.:thumbsdown:

mavrrrick
12-09-2019, 01:52 PM
:slap:

USAWIT2
12-09-2019, 02:00 PM

edit: Check your statement fellas, just called Hydro1 and the rate increase is for the whole of Ontario.:thumbsdown:Yep, our rates went up at least 50%

-Usawit2

True Blue
12-09-2019, 02:09 PM

edit: Check your statement fellas, just called Hydro1 and the rate increase is for the whole of Ontario.:thumbsdown:

I just opened my hydro bill and it shows the increase. Mother fuckers!!

92redragtop
12-09-2019, 02:19 PM
I'll have to check - my wife pays the utilities and I haven't noticed anything out of pattern through the bank account so maybe the next one will reflect the increase if it's there. What is Dougy doing?

Old Fart
12-09-2019, 02:22 PM
What is surprising as well is there is no mention in the media.

hammerhead
12-09-2019, 02:24 PM
What is surprising as well is there is no mention in the media.

I think a rate increase was approved some months ago...

hammerhead
12-09-2019, 02:27 PM
electric cars...lol - I saw a post somewhere of a guy bragging from North Bay about his Tesla and it only cost 6 bucks to charge...it just went up to 12...lol

Screw
12-09-2019, 02:38 PM
I overpaid my last bill so I’m in a credit ... holy fak not looking forward to this , gonna go drain the hot tub today ! Fk it

newbiestangowner
12-09-2019, 05:06 PM
I overpaid my last bill so I’m in a credit ... holy fak not looking forward to this , gonna go drain the hot tub today ! Fk it

“Overpaid “???? Who does that ? Oh ya people with “ money” :)

Mellow Yellow
12-09-2019, 09:10 PM
electric cars...lol - I saw a post somewhere of a guy bragging from North Bay about his Tesla and it only cost 6 bucks to charge...it just went up to 12...lol

He’s not charging at the right place.
The Tesla charging station near me is free!
Tesla will not be forcing anyone to pay for a few more years.

True Blue
12-09-2019, 10:02 PM
It'll be a matter of time when the government figures out a way to put a surcharge for those with at home charging station.

Laffs
12-09-2019, 10:04 PM
Doubtful. If anything based on current trajectory I'd wager they lean towards some form of subsidy for home EV charging.

hammerhead
12-09-2019, 10:25 PM
I think what will happen with electricity is exactly what happens with fuel prices - it will fluctuate with demand - one day up - next down - power lines down price goes up - people conserve price goes down - electricity unlike other power sources can't be stored unless it is a small home power station - once everyone is onboard and relying solely on electricity with no natural gas available - this I think is what will happen. Remember the Whynn gov had planned to replace natural gas with electricity and this will still likely happen no matter who is in power. I cant believe those huge natural gas plants are solely for backup...I would think they are more for production to meet future demands.

hammerhead
12-09-2019, 10:26 PM

he was charging from home...

RedSN
12-09-2019, 11:05 PM
electricity unlike other power sources can't be stored unless it is a small home power station...
?
It’s pretty much the definition of a battery.

Like the idea of a powerwall.
https://www.tesla.com/tesla_theme/assets/img/powerwall/section-powerwall-solution-march@2x.png?20171002
Store your solar panel power and/or charge the wall during non-peak hours to use whenever you want.

Old Fart
12-09-2019, 11:17 PM
Did I mention we have lots of snow..."Snowmobile Trails could be open soon"

https://www.kisstimmins.com/2019/12/09/snowmobile-trails-could-be-open-next-week/

92redragtop
12-09-2019, 11:19 PM
?

https://www.tesla.com/tesla_theme/assets/img/powerwall/section-powerwall-solution-march@2x.png?20171002
Store your solar panel power and/or charge the wall during non-peak hours to use whenever you want.

I think they were setting this up for Canada about 2 or 3 years ago so i think it's up and running here now since then. Annette Verschuren (former Home Depot Canada CEO was developing strategy for Canadian market at the time via NRStor Inc.). Expensive but they were not at scale at the time/now but price will drop with scale as with most things. It's not just residential but also industrial, commercial, and utilities).

bluetoy
12-09-2019, 11:23 PM

Tesla charging is not free unless you have a model s or model x otherwise it is pay per use. I charged (at a tesla supercharger) a model 3 up to around 290 km range and it cost 14.30.

hammerhead
12-09-2019, 11:23 PM
?

my understanding of this is for backup power when the grid goes down and doesn't have a long life (when I say long life, can't take too many recharges) but it's made out to be glamourous - it may have been improved - still have yet to see one - it seems to work more like the rechargeable boosters for your car battery - they have a lot of ideas but not much success with many of them or getting them to market eg, solar shingles - there is solar glass available in Europe (that excites me) and right now seems like the cats ass of current (pardon the pun) - I've also read about solar roofing materials in Europe.

92redragtop
12-09-2019, 11:33 PM
my understanding of this is for backup power when the grid goes down and doesn't have a long life (when I say long life, can't take too many recharges) but it's made out to be glamourous - it may have been improved - still have yet to see one - it seems to work more like the rechargeable boosters for your car battery - they have a lot of ideas but not much success with many of them or getting them to market eg, solar shingles - there is solar glass available in Europe (that excites me) and right now seems like the cats ass of current (pardon the pun) - I've also read about solar roofing materials in Europe.

10-year warranty? I guess if the product has a low number of cycles they just replace it periodically? Not sure that's a sound business model.

hammerhead
12-09-2019, 11:37 PM
10-year warranty? I guess if the product has a low number of cycles they just replace it periodically? Not sure that's a sound business model.

no - I read about people using them in their homes in the USA didn't seem to happy with it and very expensive - Europe is light years ahead of North America in regards to sustained energy

Mellow Yellow
12-10-2019, 12:16 AM
he was charging from home...

If owned a Tesla I’d likely use it for local runs. If I did, until they start requiring payment, I’d always charge at the supercharging station. I think it’s an 85% charge is 30 minutes. While charging walk to the Timmie’s or the A&W, do my washroom business and then go home. Wouldn’t cost me anything as I’m always at Timmie’s! lol

The big screen in the car has an app to show where The supercharging stations are.

Mellow Yellow
12-10-2019, 12:19 AM
Tesla charging is not free unless you have a model s or model x otherwise it is pay per use. I charged (at a tesla supercharger) a model 3 up to around 290 km range and it cost 14.30.

There is no method of paying at the station near me. Just back in and plug in.
No where to put a credit card, no one supervising.

I’ll be there tomorrow so I will check.

92redragtop
12-10-2019, 12:57 AM
no - I read about people using them in their homes in the USA didn't seem to happy with it and very expensive - Europe is light years ahead of North America in regards to sustained energy

The original pricing I saw a couple years ago was starting at $20K installed but now it seems about $1500 installed and $30/month in Canada. I don't know how well it works now but I'm sure it's much better suited for down south or Cali/AZ/NV/TX, etc.

Foxstang
12-10-2019, 05:06 AM

That's about less than half the cost of my truck. I'm sure a Honda civic is close in terms of how many miles per dollar to a model 3.

bluetoy
12-10-2019, 08:35 AM
There is no method of paying at the station near me. Just back in and plug in.
No where to put a credit card, no one supervising.

I’ll be there tomorrow so I will check.

The car automatically charges you. No CC needed Just plug and go. Actually most charge points are pay per use. prices in my short time using them ranged from $1 to $2 per hour. That is about 20 to 30 km range/hr. Didn't find any level 3 chargers but I bet they are around $20 / hr.

bluetoy
12-10-2019, 08:38 AM
That's about less than half the cost of my truck. I'm sure a Honda civic is close in terms of how many miles per dollar to a model 3.

Well 290 km range isn't actually 290 km. It's around 200-220 actual range once you factor in a/c, heat, lights, radio and every other single electric system in the car.

hammerhead
12-10-2019, 08:48 AM

yah I had a civic for a while about 50$ per week for 1000kilometers (Approximate) all highway was an awesome car that way

hammerhead
12-10-2019, 08:55 AM
right now in this weather my f150 with the coyote and 10spd. is costing me about $25-30/day 1000 kilometers a week (Approx.) all highway - my Mustang with coyote and 6spd was much better at $20-25/day 100 kilometers (approx.) all highway - I need to find a good used civic again lol

hammerhead
12-10-2019, 09:05 AM
The car automatically charges you. No CC needed Just plug and go. Actually most charge points are pay per use. prices in my short time using them ranged from $1 to $2 per hour. That is about 20 to 30 km range/hr. Didn't find any level 3 chargers but I bet they are around $20 / hr.

I think when Tesla first started they installed some charging stations in areas and they where free - but that cant go on forever - I remember seeing Tesla lined up side by each at the airport charging in the underground many years ago when they first came out - they had designated parking...lol another perk! haha

bluetoy
12-10-2019, 11:06 AM
I think when Tesla first started they installed some charging stations in areas and they where free - but that cant go on forever - I remember seeing Tesla lined up side by each at the airport charging in the underground many years ago when they first came out - they had designated parking...lol another perk! haha

Only free if you have a model s or model x with free unlimited supercharging, otherwise you pay. at any supercharger. You also have to pay to use the parking garage and you have to pay by the minute if you leave your car plugged in after it is charged. The last thing is recent due to many people clogging up superchargers while shopping etc.

hammerhead
12-10-2019, 12:16 PM

received this memo from the ministry today - I hope it opens it's a PDF - recently with Buses annual and by-annual safety inspections have been implemented - looks like the new Government in Ontario will adapted this to all commercial vehicles in the future - as well with diesel trucks a yearly and possible twice a year emissions test will go into effect. - if the PDF doesn't open I will try to find another copy - this will happen over the next two years

edit - don't know if I fully understand this - the more I read it the more I think it will effect the inspection stations more than the actual inspections...I will keep you posted as more info come down the pipe

Mellow Yellow
12-10-2019, 03:19 PM

There is NO indication anywhere that you will be charged. The only phone numbers relate to problems. Regardless of wether you should know or not I think I would like to know what I would be charged.
There were no cars charging today, but when there are I certainly will ask. When they were installed the information given was that there would be no charge. It was Tesla’s way of convincing people that electric cars are viable to be purchased.

Laffs
12-10-2019, 05:02 PM
There is NO indication anywhere that you will be charged. The only phone numbers relate to problems. Regardless of wether you should know or not I think I would like to know what I would be charged.
There were no cars charging today, but when there are I certainly will ask. When they were installed the information given was that there would be no charge. It was Tesla’s way of convincing people that electric cars are viable to be purchased.

Here is the charging rates Kevin

https://www.tesla.com/en_CA/support/supercharging

Billing is handled through the Tesla app.

bluetoy
12-10-2019, 05:13 PM

Trust me. You plug in your ride and it tells you on the dashboard how much it cost you. Tesla knows you are using it and they charge you for it. Your car knows it's at a supercharger and the handshake process lets Tesla know too. You cannot charge at a supercharger with out a CC on file. Only free supercharging is for Model S and X with the unlimited lifetime supercharge option. Here's a pic of the charging screen. You can see in the lower right the cost. Keep in mind that the price in the photo is in the USA and he has only charged +30 miles for $1.40

https://teslatap.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/model-3-chargnig_750.jpg

Foxstang
12-10-2019, 05:39 PM
I wish I was addicted to crack... instead I had a relapse with taking some 407 lol

I mean it saves an hour in the evening...

92redragtop
12-10-2019, 07:03 PM
I wish I was addicted to crack... instead I had a relapse with taking some 407 lol

I mean it saves an hour in the evening...

Crack's probably cheaper?

Foxstang
12-10-2019, 07:57 PM
Oshawa brand is lol

Foxstang
12-11-2019, 07:43 AM
So debilitating chest pain is a normal occurrence for me now? This is the 2nd night where I wake up and can't move since the middle of my chest feels like it has knives growing inside it. I don't think it's a heart issue but I almost called 911 this morning, the pain is just mind blowing. I'm going to the doctor this morning to see WTF is going on. I think it's a new form of stress related pain to be honest because my heart would have popped for good by now?

I need to stop caring about my job... not sure how people can disconnect from the office? It's not like executive positions can be had overnight so I'm stuck here for at least 3 to 6 months.

Scrape
12-11-2019, 07:49 AM
Oh my. Take care of yourself Steve.

Screw
12-11-2019, 08:14 AM
Get checked out Steve , went through a year of hell with family member , could be underlying issues, svt etc don’t be afraid of seeking 2nd opinions .

bluetoy
12-11-2019, 08:20 AM
So debilitating chest pain is a normal occurrence for me now? This is the 2nd night where I wake up and can't move since the middle of my chest feels like it has knives growing inside it. I don't think it's a heart issue but I almost called 911 this morning, the pain is just mind blowing. I'm going to the doctor this morning to see WTF is going on. I think it's a new form of stress related pain to be honest because my heart would have popped for good by now?

I need to stop caring about my job... not sure how people can disconnect from the office? It's not like executive positions can be had overnight so I'm stuck here for at least 3 to 6 months.

Gall stones. can cause similar pain.

5.4MarkVIII
12-11-2019, 08:27 AM
had something similar a few years ago. was so bad I couldn't breath properly so called 911. turns out is was just a strained muscle. done any unusual lifting, workouts, or shoveling a lot of snow lately? always best to get it checked just in case.

RedSN
12-11-2019, 02:36 PM
I'm going to the doctor this morning to see WTF is going on.
Best advice right there. Everybody else is just guessing.
Hope you’re okay, keep us posted.

Foxstang
12-11-2019, 04:50 PM
I got plugged into the scanner ecg? And some blood work. I'll get results later. But I have some fantastic stress meds. Knocked me out, was good. Tomorrow I mix it with vodka.

Armen
12-11-2019, 08:00 PM
http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18870&d=1576108786

Dog's like it.
http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18869&d=1576108774

Ghost Rider
12-11-2019, 08:52 PM
http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18870&d=1576108786

Dog's like it.
http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18869&d=1576108774

nice man!!

hammerhead
12-11-2019, 09:33 PM
I got plugged into the scanner ecg? And some blood work. I'll get results later. But I have some fantastic stress meds. Knocked me out, was good. Tomorrow I mix it with vodka.

lol I don't know weather to laugh or come over there and give you a good old fashioned "cuff-in-the-ear" - if had had to guess judging by your diet and stress level, it would be acid reflux and maybe ulcer - take care of yourself man!

newbiestangowner
12-12-2019, 04:16 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191212/2abc828c21b5344c364ead0935a34d29.jpg

5.4MarkVIII
12-12-2019, 08:26 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191212/2abc828c21b5344c364ead0935a34d29.jpg

evolution?

Screw
12-12-2019, 08:43 AM
My alarm went off when that annoying little fan on top the fireplace stopped making noise ...more wood or freeze ;)

ZR
12-12-2019, 10:04 AM

Plowed through two days of similar symptoms earlier this fall, third night woke up at 2am feeling like I was suffocating / unable to catch my breath. Few hours n several tests later, diagnosed as pulmonary embolism(s) in both lungs. Thankfully, first doctor I saw in emmerg felt confident enough that was the problem to administer clot buster meds immediately.

mavrrrick
12-12-2019, 11:38 AM
Perhaps something all sports car owners should own??
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/video/animals/turkey-harasses-police-officer-prevents-him-from-giving-ticket/vi-AAK3GPX

hammerhead
12-12-2019, 11:41 AM
Plowed through two days of similar symptoms earlier this fall, third night woke up at 2am feeling like I was suffocating / unable to catch my breath. Few hours n several tests later, diagnosed as pulmonary embolism(s) in both lungs. Thankfully, first doctor I saw in emmerg felt confident enough that was the problem to administer clot buster meds immediately.

wow Rick - nice save take care...!

92redragtop
12-12-2019, 11:48 AM
My alarm went off when that annoying little fan on top the fireplace stopped making noise ...more wood or freeze ;)

You should call an HVAC guy.

Screw
12-12-2019, 12:31 PM
You should call an HVAC guy.

Gotta google how these fans work , gotta be heat/convection interesting gadget .

RedSN
12-12-2019, 01:41 PM
Perhaps something all sports car owners should own??
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/video/animals/turkey-harasses-police-officer-prevents-him-from-giving-ticket/vi-AAK3GPX
I didn’t see a turkey in that vid, just a very large chicken.

5.4MarkVIII
12-12-2019, 05:42 PM
Don’t mess with turkeys. They will mess you up with the spurs.

5.4MarkVIII
12-12-2019, 06:01 PM
IIRC thermoelectric requires 2 different types of metal at different temps and you get a small voltage. voltage depends on the type of metal and the difference in temperature.

Screw
12-12-2019, 08:12 PM
^^shark-bites can save ur azz & time

Laffs
12-12-2019, 09:46 PM
I still prefer soldering copper over using plastic. Maybe it's from having grown up in a house that went through Kitec nightmares.

Sharkbites are nice though in accessible locations.

Screw
12-13-2019, 01:58 PM
Cabin fever , this time I gotta try it in middle of the woods lol . Looking at kits now I’ve moved up from Yurts ;)

True Blue
12-13-2019, 02:36 PM
Cabin fever , this time I gotta try it in middle of the woods lol . Looking at kits now I’ve moved up from Yurts ;)

Be careful if you hear any banjo music. :)

Screw
12-13-2019, 03:08 PM
Be careful if you hear any banjo music. :)

No banjos , invited to participate in some drumming activities in a circle , but sketchy crowd lol

newbiestangowner
12-13-2019, 05:32 PM
No banjos , invited to participate in some drumming activities in a circle , but sketchy crowd lol

Aha :) maybe some other activities like lighting burlap
You know what I’m thinking ( my phobia of those places)

Screw
12-13-2019, 06:08 PM
Aha :) maybe some other activities like lighting burlap
You know what I’m thinking ( my phobia of those places)

You watch too many movies ;) not the US

ZR
12-14-2019, 09:01 PM
Was just so sure a shooting involving young children would finally push legislators to do the right thing, little has changed as the number of shootings continue to skyrocket.
R.I.P. to those lost at Sandy Hook.

Vigils and church services were held Saturday in Connecticut to mark the seventh anniversary of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting and remember victims of other gun violence since the tragedy in Newtown.
Twenty first graders and six educators were killed at the school on Dec. 14, 2012.
During one remembrance service, Monsignor Robert Weiss, of St. Rose of Lima Church, expressed dismay about how the spate of deadly gun violence has continued in the U.S. since Sandy Hook.

<iframe name="fsk_frame_splitbox" id="fsk_frame_splitbox" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allow="autoplay" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border-width: initial; border-style: none; outline: 0px; line-height: 1.6; vertical-align: baseline; width: 603px; height: 0px;"></iframe>

“On this day seven years ago, we all thought the world was going to change. But it seems we were deluded because the situation has gotten even worse with the violence of guns,” Weiss told a packed memorial Mass on Saturday, Hearst Connecticut Media reported. “We live in fear, we live in anxiety, and yet we live in hope because we know God walks with us.”
According to Connecticut Against Gun Violence, which helped to organize vigils held in the state on Saturday, more than 700,000 Americans have been killed or injured in gun violence since the Sandy Hook shooting.
The annual memorial Mass at St. Rose of Lima began with the traditional reading of the names of the Sandy Hook victims. A bell was solemnly rung after each name was recited.
While seven years have passed, many in the small community of Newtown still struggle to cope with the magnitude of the tragedy.
“Just when I thought I was moving past the difficult part of this experience, it comes back. And I know it is like that for a lot of us in Newtown,” Rabbi Shaul Praver said during an interfaith service at Newtown Congregational Church.
Weiss was overcome by tears at the end of his homily.
“I am asked all the time how we are doing - how our families are doing - and my answer is, `I don't know,' because every day brings something new,” Weiss said. “All we are given is what we have here this morning.”
Gov. Ned Lamont ordered all state and U.S. flags in Connecticut to be flown at half-staff from sunrise to sunset on Saturday in remembrance of the Newtown victims.
“The tragedy that occurred that day is one of the worst in our history,” Lamont, a Democrat, said in a statement. “But in its aftermath, we witnessed an unprecedented outpouring of humanity, hope, and kindness cascading into our state from over the entire world, spreading a message of love that we must proactively protect.”

RedSN
12-15-2019, 10:51 AM
Was just so sure a shooting involving young children would finally push legislators to do the right thing...
No, the bar is much much higher than that. I don’t believe there is ANY event that would change Americans attitude towards guns so long as they think it is in their constitutional right.

Ponyryd
12-15-2019, 07:07 PM
No, the bar is much much higher than that. I don’t believe there is ANY event that would change Americans attitude towards guns so long as they think it is in their constitutional right.

It is their constitutional right, and considering a gun cannot kill without someone pulling the trigger, it’s not the guns fault at all.
I remember reading something about gun laws and crime rates, I don’t remember the whole thing but the areas with the strictest gun laws saw the most crimes, and the areas without saw the least. There was some stat saying one town made a mandate that at least one person per household had to be trained how to use a gun, and they needed a gun in the house, after that law was passed the rate of home invasions dropped over 80%.
As well I also read that Venezuela took away the right to bear arms, and confiscated guns, as well they have embraced socialism. So now the govt controls every aspect of their lives, they stand in line for food, water, etc...they also kill the hydro at random. This is especially sad considering that not so many years ago they were a very rich and prosperous country, now only those in control and their families are rich.

Edit: In before BFF.

Stephen06GT
12-15-2019, 07:14 PM
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." The second amendment says nothing about gun control nor the type of arms people can keep.

Ponyryd
12-15-2019, 07:21 PM
^Yup, but the legal gun owners are committing very few gun-related crimes, in many cases they are stopping gun-related crimes.

Stephen06GT
12-15-2019, 07:24 PM
^Yup, but the legal gun owners are committing very few gun-related crimes, in many cases they are stopping gun-related crimes.

To quote a great Vulcan "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one."

5.4MarkVIII
12-15-2019, 07:30 PM
So what do they ban? Assault rifles?
More deaths by hand gun. Stats say more deaths by knife so we ban those too?

When they come for your hobby cars in the name of climate change killing millions.

Will that be okay?

92redragtop
12-15-2019, 08:09 PM
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." The second amendment says nothing about gun control nor the type of arms people can keep.

I believe there was a concerted effort/marketing campaign in the '70's to convince people to think it was a generalized statement applicable to all citizens but the actual language does not state that as you point out. The current positioning is a little fairytale-ish since most Americans don't belong to well regulated militias.

92redragtop
12-15-2019, 08:11 PM
To quote a great Vulcan "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one."

The needs of one/many wouldn't really matter if they live by the actual 2nd amendment versus a fictional one.

hammerhead
12-15-2019, 08:38 PM
It's amazing to see on a map where and what states most of the guns are located, and compare that to the states where most of the Trump votes came from, in relation to where the richest states are with most of the money, and how few guns are located in the most productive a friendlier states, mainly the central states to north states. If I remember what I saw correctly the richest and most corrupt states had the highest number of guns and Trump supporters as well as Trump haters - the productive states in a sense (farming etc. working backbone) for lack of a better phrase, had the fewest guns, but I don't recall the political support and have no interest in revisiting or finding the info...The amount of Trump supporters with guns is kinda scarey if something should happen to Trump....I saw a stat not too long ago that most US citizens don't want guns but the amount of guns in America is staggering and they all belong to a relative small portion of the population. I personally don't understand the logic or need for everyone to have guns including governments. Having guns is a lot like horsepower - at the end of the day there's always someone faster and always somebody trying to get faster!

Mellow Yellow
12-15-2019, 10:10 PM
This an interesting article. Long read but a lot of info with ability to drill down.

[QUOTE][Switzerland and Israel have much higher gun ownership rates than the United States but experience far fewer homicides and have much lower violent crime rates than many European nations with strict gun control laws./QUOTE]

[QUOTE][Canada is ranked 12th in the world for the number of civilian-owned guns per capita and reports one of the world’s lower homicide rates—but even then, some provinces have higher homicide rates than U.S. states with less restrictive laws and higher rates of gun ownership have./QUOTE]

https://www.heritage.org/crime-and-justice/commentary/here-are-8-stubborn-facts-gun-violence-america

Ponyryd
12-15-2019, 10:34 PM
This an interesting article. Long read but a lot of info with ability to drill down.

[Switzerland and Israel have much higher gun ownership rates than the United States but experience far fewer homicides and have much lower violent crime rates than many European nations with strict gun control laws.

[Canada is ranked 12th in the world for the number of civilian-owned guns per capita and reports one of the world’s lower homicide rates—but even then, some provinces have higher homicide rates than U.S. states with less restrictive laws and higher rates of gun ownership have.

https://www.heritage.org/crime-and-justice/commentary/here-are-8-stubborn-facts-gun-violence-america

Good info in there Kev, doesn’t really fit the liberal agenda though ;)

92redragtop
12-15-2019, 10:58 PM

[QUOTE][Switzerland and Israel have much higher gun ownership rates than the United States but experience far fewer homicides and have much lower violent crime rates than many European nations with strict gun control laws./QUOTE]

[QUOTE][Canada is ranked 12th in the world for the number of civilian-owned guns per capita and reports one of the world’s lower homicide rates—but even then, some provinces have higher homicide rates than U.S. states with less restrictive laws and higher rates of gun ownership have./QUOTE]

This "article" has circulated in various form for some time now - I wonder if mandatory military service/conscription (ie. mandatory draft) in both countries is part of the reason for the lower gun violence rates - seems like a well regulated militia.

As for the second point, I'm not sure about the data because the article is like "research" and "articles" coming from the tobacco industry via 3rd parties about the safety of smoking.

5.4MarkVIII
12-15-2019, 11:00 PM
lol I would say first off correlation does not equal causation.

one would assume that the states with the most gun owners would be interested in supporting the party that is not calling to take those guns away.

I would say second in regards to "The amount of Trump supporters with guns is kind of scarey if something should happen to Trump" it isn't the Trump supporters that have repeatedly denied the last election and used 4 years of tax dollars and lies to undermine it.

in the US the Dems had 8 years to do something and never did. they much rather would had the partisan club to beat people with every chance they got. who really cares about the deaths then? when one side wants to protect a way of life and is against punishing innocent people while the other side is just in it for political gain?

sure it worked here. wasn't a single mass shooting carried out with the gun that shot up the collage killing all those women. oh wait they didn't actual ban that until this year so...……

every one here okay with federal checks at will, for no crime other than having a car with over 200 HP?

92redragtop
12-15-2019, 11:26 PM
they're kept divided by left wing identity politics

and what exactly is a "well regulated militia"

how does gun control keep guns out of the hands of criminals?

I'm not sure "every American" is the same as a "well trained militia". First go back to basics and what the 2nd amendment actually is, not what the NRA told you it is, before any ancillary arguments.

92redragtop
12-15-2019, 11:28 PM
in the US the Dems had 8 years to do something and never did.

Didn't they try after Sandy Hook but couldn't get the GOP votes to pass it?

Ponyryd
12-16-2019, 02:08 AM
I'm not sure "every American" is the same as a "well trained militia". First go back to basics and what the 2nd amendment actually is, not what the NRA told you it is, before any ancillary arguments.

First off, it’s “well regulated”, not “well trained”. And it refers to the American people, not a trained, militant group.

The NRA also has no bearing whatsoever on the constitution, despite what you choose to believe or spread around as fact.

92redragtop
12-16-2019, 02:33 AM
First off, it’s “well regulated”, not “well trained”. And it refers to the American people, not a trained, militant group.

The NRA also has no bearing whatsoever on the constitution, despite what you choose to believe or spread around as fact.

My bad - I was thinking "regulated" and typed "trained" (although regulation would imply procedure and training similar to what is required of citizens of Switzerland and Israel), and it refers to a militia not the broad American population per se.

I assume you meant "militia" and not "militant" as that's two different things. Look up what happened to the NRA in the 1970's (Revolt in Cincinnati) and how their messaging changed to influence the interpretation of the 2nd amendment by ignoring the first half of the 2nd amendment. The NRA supported gun control until this internal revolt.

92redragtop
12-16-2019, 02:40 AM
You guys can fight about gun control - I think the post that spurred this spiral was about remembering dead children so I'll leave any further comments for politics-specific thread versus this one.

5.4MarkVIII
12-16-2019, 08:29 AM
Didn't they try after Sandy Hook but couldn't get the GOP votes to pass it?

they had years with full control of the house senate and the presidency and did nothing

on the other hand, some democrat controlled states have enforced stricter gun control (California) and they continue to have shootings. almost as if the gun control doesn't affect criminals. because people who want to do bad always find a way.

ZR
12-16-2019, 08:36 AM
Still a skating rink on a few streets around me, no sand or salt since Sat's rain n snow.

ZR
12-16-2019, 08:48 AM
Wow, Ford trucks are pretty much the entire list for 2019.

THE TOP 10 MOST STOLEN VEHICLES IN CANADA IN 2019

Ford 350SD AWD 2007
Ford 350SD AWD 2006
Ford 350SD AWD 2005
Ford 350SD AWD 2004
Ford 250SD AWD 2006
Ford 350SD AWD 2003
Lexus RX350/RX350L/RX450h/RX450hL 4DR AWD 2018
Ford F250 SD 4WD 2005
Ford F350 SD 4AWD 2002
Honda Civic Si 2DR Coupe 1998

With auto thefts costing Canadians close to $1 billion each year, the IBC warns that thieves are becoming more sophisticated and using new technology to bypass security systems and electronically gain access to vehicles.
According to the bureau’s findings, technology had a “major impact” on vehicle thefts in 2019.
“Electronic auto theft is on the rise across the country as more vehicles are equipped with technology like keyless entry fobs,” said Bryan Gast, the national director of investigative services at IBC.
The IBC said thieves can use wireless transmitters to intercept the signal from keyless entry fobs and open a locked vehicle’s door.

fast Ed
12-16-2019, 10:11 AM
Super Duty trucks didn't get the PATS anti-theft system until 2008, that's why the ones on the list are all prior to that.

ZR
12-16-2019, 10:23 AM
That makes perfect sense, all too easy to smash n grab, even by entry level thieves.

Darkhorse
12-16-2019, 10:46 AM
Those '98 Civics also go close to 400K trouble free.

Laffs
12-16-2019, 11:34 AM
Three Robocalls today saying there is a legal action against my social insurance number and I need to press 1 to resolve. Number links back to the Brampton Courthouse. Fairly convincing. Wish they'd stop.

MUSTANGWOP
12-16-2019, 12:21 PM
^^^ I got one today also, let it go to vm then blocked the number.

1BAD92LX
12-16-2019, 08:14 PM
That’s 2 cars now that have peeked my interest recently just after I spent major money on mine.
Still love my car but.... 99-04 might be my new favourite stangs.

ZR
12-16-2019, 09:12 PM
What ya thinkin Brad?

Laffs
12-16-2019, 09:15 PM
That’s 2 cars now that have peeked my interest recently just after I spent major money on mine.

They aite.

1BAD92LX
12-16-2019, 09:20 PM
What ya thinkin Brad?

Thinking about silly things I shouldn’t think about. I’d probably end up kicking my own ass if I sold my car.

ZR
12-16-2019, 09:20 PM
Really like that car of yours ya know.

1BAD92LX
12-16-2019, 09:40 PM
Me too. It got a pretty good tune up recently also by a guy who does good work. You might know him

ZR
12-16-2019, 09:41 PM
LOL
Hope you enjoy it for years to come.
Thanks again for the Honda tips.

RedSN
12-17-2019, 12:33 AM
Get a room you two

ZR
12-17-2019, 09:32 AM
Ha ha, Brad got alum heads before you did.

ZR
12-17-2019, 09:32 AM
ok so not got em first but for sure first to install.

1BAD92LX
12-17-2019, 10:55 AM
Pull that trigger Don. Make it a :dragster:

Ponyryd
12-17-2019, 12:08 PM

Dibs on the fox ;)

1BAD92LX
12-17-2019, 12:30 PM
Dibs on the fox ;)

Its Kijiji "mint" and never been tracked:goodone:

Ghost Rider
12-17-2019, 12:32 PM

how about a Red Mach 1???

It's Red and it's a Mach... that's all the info I know (comes with loud)

Ponyryd
12-17-2019, 01:47 PM

Kijiji mint? From what I’ve seen, usually those are scrap ;)

RedSN
12-17-2019, 06:24 PM
FINALLY got my truck back today.

ZR
12-17-2019, 08:11 PM
Everything come out ok Don?

RedSN
12-17-2019, 08:17 PM
Looks okay. Will have a better look at it in the daylight.

LOL, they replaced the antenna with a stock one. Too tall to fit under the lift.

Scrape
12-18-2019, 07:29 AM
Happy 9th Anniversary to my lovely wife who is surprisingly supportive of my hobby. Yes she loves Mustangs just as much as I do. 18978

ZR
12-18-2019, 09:58 AM
Congrats to you both.

Ghost Rider
12-18-2019, 10:01 AM
Happy 9th Anniversary to my lovely wife who is surprisingly supportive of my hobby. Yes she loves Mustangs just as much as I do. 18978

Nice Congrats!!

Also... when did you get a GT350??

ZR
12-18-2019, 10:23 AM
Thinking of all those affected by the GM Oshawa plant closing.

https://dynamicmedia.zuza.com/zz/m/original_/6/b/6b9db8fd-3edb-433b-b1a1-2d079919c7eb/1297639705228_ORIGINAL_Super_Portrait.jpg

92redragtop
12-18-2019, 11:16 AM
Happy 9th Anniversary to my lovely wife who is surprisingly supportive of my hobby. Yes she loves Mustangs just as much as I do.

Congrats!

mavrrrick
12-18-2019, 12:15 PM
Thinking of all those affected by the GM Oshawa plant closing.

https://dynamicmedia.zuza.com/zz/m/original_/6/b/6b9db8fd-3edb-433b-b1a1-2d079919c7eb/1297639705228_ORIGINAL_Super_Portrait.jpg

And that is why I now drive a Chrysler!! Disappointed in G.M.

ZR
12-18-2019, 12:36 PM
Thought I'd be a lifer driving GM trucks, decision to buy a Ram last go round was a no brainer. Last GM truck was not very good to me plus their new ones were of no interest.
Sadly, plant closing not only affects those that lost their jobs, several times that number outside / supported the plant were dealt the same blow, family member and his business included.

Scrape
12-18-2019, 05:44 PM
It was a photo taken when I was debating on buying it or the M2.
Nice Congrats!!

Also... when did you get a GT350??

newbiestangowner
12-18-2019, 05:55 PM
It was a photo taken when I was debating which one to buy FIRST.

Corrected it for ya Laurence!
Your welcome:)

Scrape
12-18-2019, 06:51 PM
LMAO! Ron, you’re killing me. Hahahahaha.
Corrected it for ya Laurence!
Your welcome:)

Scrape
12-18-2019, 07:29 PM
This is literally a block away from me. I saw the aftermath that day.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/video-captures-moment-vehicle-speeds-through-intersection-and-crashes-into-pole-1.4735172

DinoZ
12-18-2019, 08:26 PM
Oh man, I keep watching that video and cringing if I were on my motorcycle. Hit the gas instead of brake? How in the world?

92redragtop
12-18-2019, 08:30 PM
Oh man, I keep watching that video and cringing if I were on my motorcycle. Hit the gas instead of brake? How in the world?

Senior - charged but perhaps she should be re-tested more regularly.

92redragtop
12-18-2019, 09:20 PM
I wouldn't be against a mandatory retest for more serious driving infractions (I assume this is careless) regardless of age.

She apparently hit the gas instead of brake so if it was a confusion issue then I would think more frequent re-testing would be in order (in her 70's so possible early onset or right timing since early onset is now 50's and 60's, dementia/memory loss/alzheimer's).

ZR
12-18-2019, 09:26 PM
Sometimes shiat just happens, old age or got flustered and this was the result, how does that justify a charge of careless driving?

hammerhead
12-18-2019, 09:35 PM
I've seen this happen many times - going to sound a little Don Cherry here but that's the way it is and stuff like that, but I noticed it as always woman in the range of any age and usually through a store front windows - lets retest woman of any age - possible had the controls off and nodded off a little and steered it into safety from the dash cam guy - shit happens regardless of age - wait I'm almost 60 fuck... every day I have to deal with fucked up tuner punks in Honda's - lets retest them too...and anybody who goes for coffee in a lambo

92redragtop
12-18-2019, 09:54 PM
mispost

newbiestangowner
12-18-2019, 10:03 PM
mispost

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191219/db68f0291feb5d4fab418b7f2f125a45.gif

hammerhead
12-18-2019, 10:24 PM
My favorite shovel broke and now I'm grumpy...

newbiestangowner
12-18-2019, 10:35 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191219/b0ef72bf4e19830967de09b4a6eed108.gif

Both you yo yos are messed up lol

Lucky u had a shovel- I do it with my bare hands!

hammerhead
12-18-2019, 10:52 PM
Suggesting the problem is age related is speculation (but very likely). Applying a solution before determine cause is wasted energy and $$$.

Driving simulators are Uber realistic, especially with VR. A mandatory retest of people with infractions like this, tuner twerps and Lambo’s in drive throughs should be easy.

I agree - I know a lot of truck drivers and many are over the age of 70 and they have to get regular retests - I know one in particular that has made me a little nervous for years and has been trying to get his license back for the last six months with no luck - it makes me very sad but a the same time relieved - I can only imagine the saddest day in any persons life is when the license is revoked. Watched it happen to my wife's grampa when he turned 80 and the poor man was deflated. I felt so sad for him but also remember seeing him drive, (it was the right thing) some day I want to get property build a race track for when I'm old...I mean older!..lol I meant no harm but at times we all sound a bit Don Cherryish just maybe not as direct and then there's Karma...don't forget karma

Ghost Rider
12-18-2019, 10:53 PM

what do you have to break to become other Dwarfs?

Ghost Rider
12-18-2019, 10:54 PM
I do it with my bare hands!

This is just like the Christmas lights, you are DOING IT WRONG!!!

hammerhead
12-18-2019, 10:57 PM
what do you have to break to become other Dwarfs?

hahaha - sleepy busted a hymen and now he's alone....lol

newbiestangowner
12-18-2019, 10:57 PM
This is just like the Christmas lights, you are DOING IT WRONG!!!

Lol
I finally get them straight then one side is dim?its f###d up
When it was crooked for years they worked fine. ????
I think this is last year of Xmas lights

newbiestangowner
12-18-2019, 10:59 PM
hahaha - sleepy busted a hymen and now he's alone....lol

U talking Morse code??
Only hymen I know is walking in between some nice thighs?

hammerhead
12-18-2019, 11:02 PM
Lol

bad ground - run a ground wire from the eves to the facia, from the facia up to a vent pipe on the roof, then run a wire from the vent pipe down to the basement and ground out on a copper water pipe...that will fix it

hammerhead
12-18-2019, 11:03 PM
Lol

you've been spared - that's why sleepy is a dwarf busted the wrong hyman

hammerhead
12-18-2019, 11:11 PM
oops^^^

newbiestangowner
12-18-2019, 11:11 PM
bad ground - run a ground wire from the eves to the facia, from the facia up to a vent pipe on the roof, then run a wire from the vent pipe down to the basement and ground out on a copper water pipe...that will fix it

You crazy? I just figured out how the damn clips worked after 10 years, ain’t no way I’m running some extra wire.
What happened to just plug and it works?
And who’s the jack ass that started this Xmas light thing anyway?

hammerhead
12-18-2019, 11:12 PM
You crazy? I just figured out how the damn clips worked after 10 years, ain’t no way I’m running some extra wire.
What happened to just plug and it works

hold my beer and get the ladder....lol

Screw
12-19-2019, 12:17 AM
[QUOTE=newbiestangowner;325084]You crazy? I just figured out how the damn clips worked after 10 years, ain’t no way I’m running some extra wire.

Don’t listen to that Hammer guy ...he hotwires the wind turbines for free power ;)

Ghost Rider
12-19-2019, 12:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ian6NyXpszw

Foxstang
12-19-2019, 08:10 AM
When they come for your hobby cars in the name of climate change killing millions.

Will that be okay?

Trust me, this is happening

ZR
12-19-2019, 08:30 AM
[QUOTE=newbiestangowner;325084]You crazy? I just figured out how the damn clips worked after 10 years, ain’t no way I’m running some extra wire.

https://www.watchersweb.com/submissions/Qay2t1576411503/JMJKH1576411503.jpg

Don’t listen to that Hammer guy ...he hotwires the wind turbines for free power ;)

Stephen06GT
12-19-2019, 08:44 AM
Trust me, this is happening

You have inside knowledge on this?

ZR
12-19-2019, 08:45 AM
https://sjruc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/GoodGrief.png

hammerhead
12-19-2019, 08:52 AM

nothing works that way anymore - many of you may not know this but at one time you just turn on your TV and it worked - turned a dial and you got a channel, now you need to boot it up - find a game boy device that requires two hands and an xbox - knowledge of how a the hand held thingy works - hack into an account and then maybe if your lucky you can find something to watch...lol - at least that's the way it is for me hahaha so sadly like an old man I have to hope my children are in a good mood with full happy bellies and they will come a find me something to watch and pass me some aero-roots and a glass of prune juice.

hammerhead
12-19-2019, 09:09 AM

hahahahahahaha I cant stop laughing must be Friday feels like Friday what day is it

Armen
12-19-2019, 09:55 AM
Heated Steering Wheel.

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

Ghost Rider
12-19-2019, 02:54 PM
Heated Steering Wheel.

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

Bwhahahh ^^^This for sure

Chris, did you not have one on the other truck... or are you just stating that in general it's Awesome!! haha

Snaketamer
12-19-2019, 03:26 PM
Heated Steering Wheel.

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

It's on my list for the next truck... ;)

fast Ed
12-19-2019, 04:40 PM
When I first saw the heated wheel on a 7-Series BMW in the early 2000s I thought "how ridiculous is that?". And then you quickly realize it isn't!

Screw
12-19-2019, 04:48 PM
“Murphy’s Law” eh Fkn guy!! Last call , gotta go , planned an evening ....I think my e-brake binding hope I can hobble home

ZR
12-19-2019, 07:07 PM
Heated Steering Wheel.

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

One of those options, have it once and will never own another winter driven vehicle without, love mine as well. Extra nice remote starter turns both it and heated seat on.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/g0I7sCEkXWI/hqdefault.jpg

Screw
12-19-2019, 07:46 PM
They got heat now I’m waiting for a tow FKN Murphy u bastad :) oh well shiat happens

5.4MarkVIII
12-19-2019, 07:55 PM
Work truck? Does that mean extra long Christmas break? Silver lining? Lol

Or are you like me and when the work truck breaks down you get to take the personal?

My edge was on fo service so the F150 was the “work” truck today. Got to enjoy the heated wheel and seat while working

Screw
12-19-2019, 08:08 PM
Ya work truck oh well

Screw
12-19-2019, 08:20 PM
I hope I make it to my destination this guy drives like a lunatic

newbiestangowner
12-19-2019, 08:25 PM
I hope I make it to my destination this guy drives like a lunatic

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191220/89beebbd434227ce64703a84e4d00d99.jpg