PDA

View Full Version : Post whatever is on your mind!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96

ZR
04-16-2021, 08:41 PM
On Sunday im drive my stang to my mother's that lives alone an hour away, as do i and legal as we both live alone. Using up winter fuel and gave bunch stuff to legitimately have to do for her like drop off grocery, retorque tires, install window air conditioning etc...still nervous as hell getting pulled over...like $750 ticket if the wish...but im legal...

To me, your 100% ok driving to your Mom's but in interest of not being hassled daily driver might be prudent.

ZR
04-16-2021, 09:47 PM
In spite of no stops, no contact, no one put at risk, evening cruises are now a no go.

92redragtop
04-16-2021, 10:58 PM
https://files.ontario.ca/solgen_oreg265-21_2021-04-07.pdf

ONTARIO REGULATION
made under the
[Bilingual]
REG2021.0358.e
EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AND CIVIL PROTECTION ACT
STAY-AT-HOME ORDER
Terms of Order
1. The terms of this Order are set out in Schedule 1.
Application
2. This Order applies as of 12:01 a.m. on April 8, 2021.
SCHEDULE 1
Requirement to remain in residence
1. (1) Every individual shall remain at the residence at which they are currently residing at
all times unless leaving their residence is necessary for one or more of the following purposes:
Work, school and child care
1. Working or volunteering where the nature of the work or volunteering requires the
individual to leave their residence, including when the individual's employer has
dete1mined thatthe nature of the individual's work
requires attendance at the ·
workplace.
2. Attending school or a post-secondary institution.
3. Attending, obtaining or providing child care.
4. Receiving or providing training or educational services.
Obtaining goods and services
5. Obtaining food, beverages and personal care items.
6. Obtaining goods or services that are necessa1y for the health or safety of an
individual, including vaccinations, other health care services and medications.
7. Obtaining goods, obtaining services, or performing such activities as are necessaiy for
landscaping, gardening and the safe operation, maintenance and sanitation of
households, businesses, means of transportation or other places.
8. Purchasing or picking up goods through an alternative method of sale, such as
curbside pickup, from a business or place that is permitted to provide the alternative
method of sale.
9. Attending an appointment at a business or place that is permitted to be open by
appointment only.
10. Obtaining services from a financial institution or cheque cashing service.
11. Obtaining government services, social services and supports, mental health support
services or addictions support services.
Assisting others
12. Delivering goods or providing care or other support or assistance to an individual who
requires support or assistance, or receiving such support or assistance, including,
i. providing care for an individual in a congregate care setting, and
ii. accompanying an individual who requires assistance leaving their residence
for any purpose permitted under this Order.
13. Taking a child to the child's pai·ent or guai·dian or to the pai·ent or guardian's
residence.
14. Taking a member of the individual's household to any place the member of the
· household is permitted to go under-this Order.· ·
Health, safety and legal purposes
15. Doing anything that is necessaiy to respond to or avoid an imminent risk to the health
or safety of an individual, including,
i. protecting oneself or others :from domestic violence,
ii. leaving or assisting someone in leaving unsafe living conditions, and
iii. seeking emergency assistance.
16. Exercising, including,
1. walking or moving around outdoors using an assistive mobility device, or
11. using an outdoor recreational amenity that is permitted to be open.
17. Attending a place as required by law or in relation to the administration of justice.
18. Exercising an Aboriginal or treaty right as recognized and affirmed by section 35 of
the Constitution Act, 1982.
Multiple residences and moving
19. Travelling to another residence of the individual if,
. 1. the individual intends to be at the :residence for less than 24 hours and is
attending for one of the purposes set out in this Order, or
ii. the individual intends to reside at the residence for at least 14 days.
20. Travelling between the homes of parents, guardians or caregivers, if the individual is
under their care.
21. Making arrangements to purchase or sell a residence or to begin or end a residential
lease.
22. Moving residences.
Travel
23. Travelling to an airport, bus station or train station for the purpose of travelling to a
destination that is outside of the Province.
Gatherings
.... 24. .Attending a.gathering for the purpose of.a wedding, a funeral or a religious service,.
rite or ceremony that is permitted by law or making necessary arrangements for the
purpose of such a gathering.
25. If the individual lives alone, gathering with the members of a single household.
Animals
26. Obtaining goods or services that are necessary for the health or safety of an animal,
including obtaining veterinary services.
27. Obtaining animal food or supplies.
28. Doing anything that is necessaiy to respond to or avoid an imminent risk to the health
or safety of an animal, including protecting an animal from suffering abuse.
29. Wal king or otherwise exercising an animal.
(2) Despite subsection (1 ), no person shall attend a business or place that is required by law
to be closed, except to the extent that temporaiy access to the closed business or place is
permitted by law.
(3) This Order does not apply to individuals who ai·e homeless.
(4) If this Order allows an individual to leave their residence to go to a place, it also
authorizes them to return to their residence from that place.
(5)' The requirement in subsection (1) to remain at an individual's residence does not
prevent the individual from accessing outdoor parts of their residence, such as a backyard, or
accessing indoor or outdoor common areas of the communal residences in which they reside that
are open, including lobbies.
(6) For greater certainty, nothing in this Order petmits a business or place to be open if it is
required by law to be closed.
(7) For greater certainty, nothing in this Order permits an individual to gather with other
individuals if the gathering is not permitted by law.
(8) For greater certainty, individuals may only attend an outdoor organized public event or
social gathering for a purpose set out in subsection (1) if the event or gathering is permitted by
law

Zippy
04-16-2021, 11:08 PM
If people would all get on board the same ship, we'd already be done with this covid already.

ZR
04-17-2021, 07:42 AM
For sure, virus has a short life span if not passed along.

5.4MarkVIII
04-17-2021, 08:09 AM
If people would all get on board the same ship, we'd already be done with this covid already.

I'm torn on this on one hand i want all the city people that have been driving back and forth threw all this to either just stay the fuck in the city or go to their cottage quarantine for the two weeks and then stay there, driving back and forth is idiotic.

on the other hand I've looked at the statistics and EVERY place in the world world that locked down but didn't close boarders and has failed at distributing vaccines is seeing a huge third wave. all the places that did not lock down had more spread of the original virus and are getting hit less hard by the variances even if they don't have a strong vaccine roll out. the stats don't lie, that's the governments job.

Zippy
04-17-2021, 08:12 AM
I'm torn on this on one hand i want all the city people that have been driving back and forth threw all this to either just stay the fuck in the city or go to their cottage quarantine for the two weeks and then stay there, driving back and forth is idiotic.

on the other hand I've looked at the statistics and EVERY place in the world world that locked down but didn't close boarders and has failed at distributing vaccines is seeing a huge third wave. all the places that did not lock down had more spread of the original virus and are getting hit less hard by the variances even if they don't have a strong vaccine roll out. the stats don't lie, that's the governments job.

Doesn't matter what you think or what I think. If we don't come together and do the same thing, as one, we will never ever kick it, no matter what we do.
We can't have half the population doing 1 thing, and the other's going... "no thanks, i'mma keep doing my own thing."

RedSN
04-17-2021, 08:35 AM
I've looked at the statistics and EVERY place in the world world that locked down but didn't close boarders and has failed at distributing vaccines is seeing a huge third wave.

I clearly haven’t looked at as many statistics as you have, but I haven’t caught so much as a cold, let alone a flu over the last year and a half (that’s a first). So, at least in my case, washing hands, masks, and staying the F* away from people has worked.

5.4MarkVIII
04-17-2021, 09:52 AM
I clearly haven’t looked at as many statistics as you have, but I haven’t caught so much as a cold, let alone a flu over the last year and a half (that’s a first). So, at least in my case, washing hands, masks, and staying the F* away from people has worked.

unfortunately you cant take one persons experience and call it a success.

you have to consider all factors. even if it saved lives from Covid but caused bankruptcy's and increase in deaths from other means then its not a success.

the problem now is the variances are more deadly to a younger population, a populations that had extremely low risk to the original virus. the lockdowns are a direct cause for people dyeing now that if they would have been sick last year but would not be dead.

there are already experts warning about what your saying. it may seem like a good thing that you have not had so much as a cold this year, but every year colds and flu's adapt and change you immune system constantly upgrades and changes so adapt to them. if you remove that steady adaption your now at risk of catching something that has changed so much your body doesn't recognize it. be prepared to be sicker in the near future than you ever have before.

this is the well know science that our "experts" are ignoring.

RedSN
04-17-2021, 09:58 AM
Well, I’m going to get on with my day before this thread gets locked. It’s my favourite thread because of the thread author.

newbiestangowner
04-17-2021, 11:40 AM
^
https://media3.giphy.com/media/9uoYC7cjcU6w8/giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5.4MarkVIII
04-17-2021, 01:30 PM
Well, I’m going to get on with my day before this thread gets locked. It’s my favourite thread because of the thread author.

What did I say that warrants locking the thread?

newbiestangowner
04-17-2021, 04:02 PM
In my area Halton Police Chief made a statement regarding random Police Checks policy during this Covid 3rd wave

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210417/2658b418ba8face404c88df3eb54aeb1.jpg

We’ll see.....

bluetoy
04-17-2021, 05:00 PM
They don't have the manpower and they are not interested in stopping random cars to find out if they are doing some horrible crime such as going for a drive. Kudos for him to have the balls to say it publicly.

92redragtop
04-17-2021, 06:23 PM
Pretty much all the police forces across the province are making this statement - see this Twitter thread. I don't think the intention of the new measures were for random stops as the reasons to be out are pretty broad in the Act - maybe in the wee hours of the night when nothing is open but then that will look like a RIDE stop. Looks like some follow-up changes are pending to clarify/pullback (possible) these powers on paper and lessen the restrictions on outdoor activity.

https://twitter.com/mattgurney/status/1383251399144660995

92redragtop
04-17-2021, 06:29 PM
Idiots like these are part of the problem - not many masks in this crowd. They had another in Clifton Hill near the Falls today and same thing....bunch of anti-maskers and likely anti-vac'ers too. I hope licence suspensions go along with the tickets (if not paid on time).

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wctujmZ5UbY" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

92redragtop
04-17-2021, 11:08 PM
Announcement tonight. Newbie can go out again......

Ontario reversed course on sweeping new police powers Saturday, just one day after Premier Doug Ford announced the measures that triggered a swift and furious backlash.

Officers will no longer have the right to stop any pedestrian or driver to ask why they’re out or request their home address, Solicitor General Sylvia Jones said in a written statement on Saturday evening.

Instead, she said, police will only be able to stop people who they have reason to believe are participating in an “organized public event or social gathering.”

As the number of people infected with COVID-19 in hospital reached record levels, Ford tweeted that another of the measures would also be reversed.

“Ontario’s enhanced restrictions were always intended to stop large gatherings where spread can happen,” Ford said. “Our regulations will be amended to allow playgrounds, but gatherings outside will still be enforced.”

Civil libertarians and pundits attacked new anti-pandemic restrictions announced Friday by Ford as misguided, saying the added police powers aimed at enforcing stay-at-home orders were overkill.

The Canadian Civil Liberties Association welcomed Saturday’s reversal.

“The new order rationalizes and narrows the unconstitutional Friday standard. The new standard is also tied to a public health objective, and avoids arbitrary detention,” said Michael Bryant, executive director of the CCLA.

Ahead of the reversal, large and small police forces across the province said they had no intention of exercising their newfound powers.

Andrew Fletcher, chief of the South Simcoe Police Service, said officers would only act on complaints. Police forces from Thunder Bay to Ottawa to Toronto and Woodstock expressed similar positions.

newbiestangowner
04-17-2021, 11:34 PM
Announcement tonight. Newbie can go out again......

Ontario reversed course on sweeping new police powers Saturday, just one day after Premier Doug Ford announced the measures that triggered a swift and furious backlash.

Officers will no longer have the right to stop any pedestrian or driver to ask why they’re out or request their home address, Solicitor General Sylvia Jones said in a written statement on Saturday evening.

Instead, she said, police will only be able to stop people who they have reason to believe are participating in an “organized public event or social gathering.”

As the number of people infected with COVID-19 in hospital reached record levels, Ford tweeted that another of the measures would also be reversed.

“Ontario’s enhanced restrictions were always intended to stop large gatherings where spread can happen,” Ford said. “Our regulations will be amended to allow playgrounds, but gatherings outside will still be enforced.”

Civil libertarians and pundits attacked new anti-pandemic restrictions announced Friday by Ford as misguided, saying the added police powers aimed at enforcing stay-at-home orders were overkill.

The Canadian Civil Liberties Association welcomed Saturday’s reversal.

“The new order rationalizes and narrows the unconstitutional Friday standard. The new standard is also tied to a public health objective, and avoids arbitrary detention,” said Michael Bryant, executive director of the CCLA.

Ahead of the reversal, large and small police forces across the province said they had no intention of exercising their newfound powers.

Andrew Fletcher, chief of the South Simcoe Police Service, said officers would only act on complaints. Police forces from Thunder Bay to Ottawa to Toronto and Woodstock expressed similar positions.

Lol! Richard.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/kkM4FiHQ8ZCBshrbMP/giphy.gif

Now if only my curfew and pre approval of destination can be reversed :)

Zutz2v
04-18-2021, 09:43 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210418/2bbf7e8f399b644cd136d9ed541fc90d.jpg

Peak-a-boo

xeninworx
04-18-2021, 12:31 PM
So for some reason my new Sony tv wouldn’t play titles from Prime Video using the native tv app, I can choose a title but it wouldn’t play them. I could watch Amazon using my Xbox but not the tv. The tv is wired using Ethernet cable. However, if unplugged the Ethernet cable and used wifi, Prime Video plays titles. So I went into my router and added the wifi and wired Mac addresses to the list and gave them specific IP addresses and turned on dual WAN. Works fine now with a wired connection. So frustrating.

Zutz2v
04-18-2021, 05:33 PM
I have cobra breaks in my 03 GT, can anyone recommend me a good performance brand. Front breaks if it makes a difference

ZR
04-18-2021, 06:06 PM
EBC reds plus fresh rotors combined with set of SS brake hoses will make an appreciable difference.
Must do front and rear at same time.

Zutz2v
04-18-2021, 06:36 PM
EBC reds plus fresh rotors combined with set of SS brake hoses will make an appreciable difference.
Must do front and rear at same time.

I did my pads rotors and calipers in the rear before storing the car. I might switch the rear rotors. Long story.

How do you feel about NRS galvanized break pads ?

ZR
04-18-2021, 06:47 PM
You asked about a performance pad, EBC Red would be my pick for an all round street pad. Don't know anything about ones you posted though.

RedSN
04-18-2021, 07:09 PM
Another vote for EBC Reds for performance street. Worked good on the track also, but tore through a fresh set in one day!

ZR
04-18-2021, 07:16 PM
Matt did the same on his Mach a few years ago, out of pads n grinding by early afternoon. Didn't help he did fronts only, stock on rear. As a street only pad, standing up very well on the cobra, yes in spite of my driving enthusiasm.

Zutz2v
04-18-2021, 08:13 PM
Matt did the same on his Mach a few years ago, out of pads n grinding by early afternoon. Didn't help he did fronts only, stock on rear. As a street only pad, standing up very well on the cobra, yes in spite of my driving enthusiasm.

You replacing the pads once a season ?

ZR
04-18-2021, 08:33 PM
Nope, on the street they stand up for years.
Lapping days, run G Loc track only pads on second set of rotors

Snaketamer
04-18-2021, 10:22 PM
I've been running EBC Red pads/rotors with SS lines on my Cobra since '14... Confidence inspiring however, noisier than a dedicated street pad. Just cleaning up my calipers this week with a fresh coat of ceramic paint and the pads and rotors are in great condition!

Zutz2v
04-18-2021, 11:05 PM
I've been running EBC Red pads/rotors with SS lines on my Cobra since '14... Confidence inspiring however, noisier than a dedicated street pad. Just cleaning up my calipers this week with a fresh coat of ceramic paint and the pads and rotors are in great condition!

Good to know, thank you

ZR
04-19-2021, 08:21 AM

What kind of noise you getting from them? So far, sets we've installed have been dead nutz quiet on drilled n slotted or plain rotors, on Mustang or daily driver.

Snaketamer
04-19-2021, 09:57 AM
What kind of noise you getting from them? So far, sets we've installed have been dead nutz quiet on drilled n slotted or plain rotors, on Mustang or daily driver.

Really...huh. I thought it was the drilled/slotted rotors(from new) causing a rumbling sound on braking. Not loud but, noticeable. I have the fronts off now and will take a closer look for anything unusual.

Scott
04-19-2021, 12:19 PM
Rogers cell service out. Absolutely scary, no more crubside pickup without cell service as you can't tell Walmart or wherever that you are there.

ZR
04-19-2021, 12:36 PM
Really...huh. I thought it was the drilled/slotted rotors(from new) causing a rumbling sound on braking. Not loud but, noticeable. I have the fronts off now and will take a closer look for anything unusual.

Some drilled / slotted rotors can do exactly that.

Uncle Buck
04-19-2021, 01:21 PM
My eldest daughter dropped a bit of a bomb on us a few weeks ago. She's decided she wants to travel to South Korea and teach English for a year or two. She started looking at options and signed back an offer to start at a school in Gwangju in August once she has her teaching visa.

I know this will be a great life adventure for her but I can't help but feeling a bit hollow inside since she accepted the offer and this started to get real.

Being a parent is a balance between holding on and letting go I guess.

1BAD92LX
04-19-2021, 01:25 PM

I assume this is legal. See it a lot.

newbiestangowner
04-19-2021, 01:48 PM
My eldest daughter dropped a bit of a bomb on us a few weeks ago. She's decided she wants to travel to South Korea and teach English for a year or two. She started looking at options and signed back an offer to start at a school in Gwangju in August once she has her teaching visa.

I know this will be a great life adventure for her but I can't help but feeling a bit hollow inside since she accepted the offer and this started to get real.

Same feeling here Al. My daughter was supposed to start teaching South Korea last June; because of Covid it has been put on hold indefinitely.
The plan was Mom/Dad would accompany her a few weeks before start and check out the place.

Zippy
04-19-2021, 02:24 PM
ZR can't get me out of the house fast enough!

:choke:

Stephen06GT
04-19-2021, 02:26 PM

My only one is just finishing up her first year away at school, and I have that hollow feeling. Good luck to her, and Ron's daughter and the parents.

Stephen06GT
04-19-2021, 02:27 PM
Zippy, get back to work. ;)

ZR
04-19-2021, 04:51 PM

I assume this is legal. See it a lot.

Similar to what some flat beds are running.

Laffs
04-19-2021, 07:04 PM

NSC Guidelines for securing light (under 4500kg) vehicles as follows

Light vehicles
88(1) Light vehicles shall be secured in accordance with this section.
(2) Despite section 22, a light vehicle shall be restrained at both the front and rear from
moving sideways, forward, rearward and vertically using a minimum of 2 tiedowns.
(3) Tiedowns that are designed to attach to the structure of a light vehicle shall be attached to
the mounting points on the vehicle that are specifically designed for that purpose.
(4) Tiedowns that are designed to fit over or around the wheels of a light vehicle shall
restrain the vehicle from moving sideways, forward, rearward and vertically.
(5) Despite section 20, edge protectors are not required for synthetic webbLight vehicles
(2) Despite section 22, a light vehicle shall be restrained at both the front and rear from
moving sideways, forward, rearward and vertically using a minimum of 2 tiedowns.
(3) Tiedowns that are designed to attach to the structure of a light vehicle shall be attached to
the mounting points on the vehicle that are specifically designed for that purpose.
(4) Tiedowns that are designed to fit over or around the wheels of a light vehicle shall
(5) Despite section 20, edge protectors are not required for synthetic webbLight vehicles
(5) Despite section 20, edge protectors are not required for synthetic webbing at points where
the webbing comes into contact with the tires of the light vehicle.

1BAD92LX
04-19-2021, 08:41 PM

Do you like it? Would only have to buy 2 additional short straps.

Zutz2v
04-19-2021, 08:55 PM
Looking to buy pony calliper stickers. I check online, the stickers are cheap but the shipping is 30$ bucks. Of anyone knows a local place I’d appreciate it looking for silver grey pony https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210420/fd43162e3f41bba6ca9f9b4d29559e01.jpg

ZR
04-19-2021, 09:36 PM
Do you like it? Would only have to buy 2 additional short straps.

Don't like how hard it tugs the wheel sideways.

xeninworx
04-19-2021, 09:41 PM
Looking to buy pony calliper stickers. I check online, the stickers are cheap but the shipping is 30$ bucks. Of anyone knows a local place I’d appreciate it looking for silver grey pony https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210420/fd43162e3f41bba6ca9f9b4d29559e01.jpg

Check the guys at AMP Motorsport. They make their own decals.

Zutz2v
04-20-2021, 07:33 AM
Check the guys at AMP Motorsport. They make their own decals.

Thank you sir

Old Fart
04-20-2021, 12:17 PM
Hopefully the last snow storm.

https://i.postimg.cc/gkbPP6VP/IMG-1144.jpg

ZR
04-20-2021, 12:20 PM
Just in case ya was wondering, no we don't want it.
thanks Mr.

mavrrrick
04-20-2021, 01:35 PM
My co-worker just informed me there is brine on the 401.[emoji35]

Zippy
04-20-2021, 01:51 PM
Thank you cross border pickups for saving me some more $$$ on some engine parts.

ZR
04-20-2021, 01:56 PM
Ditto, just did a pick up as well.

Laffs
04-20-2021, 02:22 PM
Why the FUCK is it snowing here right now...

Scrape
04-20-2021, 02:42 PM
Blame our neighbour south of the border.

Old Fart
04-20-2021, 02:44 PM

Wasn't me, lol!

Scrape
04-20-2021, 04:43 PM
LOL!

ZR
04-20-2021, 05:09 PM
More like neighbor to the north shunted it south.
Thought we was friends buddy. :(

Old Fart
04-20-2021, 07:06 PM
Still snowing here so no shunting, lol

ZR
04-20-2021, 07:17 PM
Give you a pass this time brother.

Old Fart
04-20-2021, 08:06 PM
:fb:

ZR
04-21-2021, 06:51 AM
Oh boy Rogers.

Rogers Communications Inc. is offering customers a credit after a massive nationwide wireless outage left millions without voice calls, texting and data service for several hours on Monday.
The company says a credit equivalent to Monday's wireless service fee will be applied to a future bill.
Rogers says the credit will be done automatically and no action is required by customers.

Laffs
04-21-2021, 07:03 PM
Updated the running modification spreadsheet to include the latest purchases. I've officially doubled the purchases price I paid for the car in modifications alone. Neat...

RedSN
04-21-2021, 08:29 PM
Updated the running modification spreadsheet
Why? No good can come from that.

Laffs
04-21-2021, 08:36 PM
I have to know.

1BAD92LX
04-21-2021, 08:56 PM
The actual $ number and the number in my head may differ..... I have no desire to know the actual $ amount in my car.

ZR
04-21-2021, 09:01 PM
On my Cobra, with covid prices where they are, figure I'm only out what I spent on the engine this year. Add to that how many yrs of fun I've had with it, been an affordable toy.

Uncle Buck
04-22-2021, 06:17 AM
I'm sure many of us have more into the car than the car was new.

Some foolish folks have multiple times what they were new.

Base 66 coupe $2416 USD
My car as optioned $3398 USD

Guilty

USAWIT2
04-22-2021, 06:51 AM
My wife's probably got a mental tally of my car spending, no way I would keep it on paper

mavrrrick
04-22-2021, 07:20 AM
^^^I can't let my wife look under the hood for another 3 years at least...lol^^^

Gabe
04-22-2021, 09:36 AM
Funny enough, I just did the same yesterday. Had Fred Struzer (of Fred Struzer Car Appraisals) coming by to update my car so decided to update my mod list to provide to him, make his assessment job a little easier. No numbers though, just parts. It was 3 pages double spaced

Laffs
04-22-2021, 10:41 AM
On my Cobra, with covid prices where they are, figure I'm only out what I spent on the engine this year. Add to that how many yrs of fun I've had with it, been an affordable toy.

I've worked it out that including purchase price, modifications, maintenance, insurance and gas the car cost has cost about $3800 a year to have as a hobby. Which is fairly reasonable all things considered, I guess.

Also, the spreadsheet is a locked Google doc and if anyone asks I paid $8,000 for the car and haven't spent more that $5,000 total on it...

ZR
04-22-2021, 07:31 PM
To anyone looking to renew XM, some serious deals if you speak with Customer Loyalty dept.
Renewed Ram + Mustang.

newbiestangowner
04-22-2021, 07:36 PM
To anyone looking to renew XM, some serious deals if you speak with Customer Loyalty dept.
Renewed Ram + Mustang.

I’m not very good at negotiating:(
I’d probably end up paying full price that’s why I only had the free complimentary term when I bought the car

ZR
04-22-2021, 07:45 PM
Well worth the short call, got each one for $60/yr plus tax.
I expected the usual long drawn out threaten to leave then settle around $100 plus tax but it was a super easy negotiation.

RedSN
04-22-2021, 08:30 PM
Great product. Shitty business model.
I refuse to deal with a company like that.

HARD PASS.

ZR
04-22-2021, 08:33 PM
Business model, worst of the worst but I enjoy XM so much, fawk it n sign back up.

Zippy
04-22-2021, 10:09 PM
Renewed Ram + Mustang.

Mustang's right?

92redragtop
04-22-2021, 10:37 PM
I’m not very good at negotiating:(
I’d probably end up paying full price that’s why I only had the free complimentary term when I bought the car

Ron, just make sure you don't negotiate over-asking price.....

newbiestangowner
04-22-2021, 10:45 PM
Ron, just make sure you don't negotiate over-asking price.....

Lol
That’s why I need ZR to call on my behalf or don’t call at all.

Maybe that explains why car salesmen always say ok???? During negotiations

Zutz2v
04-23-2021, 07:19 AM
Lol
That’s why I need ZR to call on my behalf or don’t call at all.

Maybe that explains why car salesmen always say ok???? During negotiations

They harass me daily to join back up. Offering me 5$ a month. So like ZR said 60$ for the year.

Zutz2v
04-23-2021, 09:12 AM
The EBC red stuff pads are 190$ for the pads and there gonna take a week to ship from US. Are the pads worth it ?

Snaketamer
04-23-2021, 09:53 AM
Called CRA help line this morning and was put on hold with a 2.5 hour wait time! Are you fucking kidding me? I hung up... :choke:

bbriann
04-23-2021, 05:38 PM
Called CRA help line this morning and was put on hold with a 2.5 hour wait time! Are you fucking kidding me? I hung up... :choke:
Been there, done it...im still trying get refund from 2019...identity theft...not fun

RedSN
04-23-2021, 05:46 PM
Just got my refund yesterday. I’m rich, bitch! ....well at least for today.

RedSN
04-23-2021, 05:47 PM
The EBC red stuff pads are 190$ for the pads and there gonna take a week to ship from US. Are the pads worth it ?
IMO, yes.
Good tires and good brakes are always worth it.

Zippy
04-23-2021, 06:30 PM
EBC Brake Pads...

xeninworx
04-23-2021, 06:46 PM

Yeah I’m still trying to unlock my account. Every time I call it’s hours to wait. Once it said they were too busy and hung up on me.

1BAD92LX
04-23-2021, 07:05 PM
Got my EBC yellows from Fast Ed

Snaketamer
04-23-2021, 09:16 PM
Been there, done it...im still trying get refund from 2019...identity theft...not fun

Sorry to hear...yeah...that would not be fun.

Yeah I’m still trying to unlock my account. Every time I call it’s hours to wait. Once it said they were too busy and hung up on me.

They hung up on me also...

Gabe
04-23-2021, 09:51 PM
Also using EBC yellows

Waiting on my $14k return, be “rich” for more than a day this year

Laffs
04-23-2021, 10:55 PM
Valve covers finally out (the MM firewall adjuster was the sticking point, screwed it all the way in and driverside popped out), go to swap gaskets...of course part store gave me 4V gaskets instead of 2V...Guess I'll clean up some more wiring/under hood stuff until the right parts come in...

Zutz2v
04-24-2021, 10:48 AM
Valve covers finally out (the MM firewall adjuster was the sticking point, screwed it all the way in and driverside popped out), go to swap gaskets...of course part store gave me 4V gaskets instead of 2V...Guess I'll clean up some more wiring/under hood stuff until the right parts come in...

Was your valve covers leaking ?

Laffs
04-24-2021, 12:05 PM
PS was.

Zutz2v
04-24-2021, 07:07 PM
PS was.

I have a slow leak somewhere as well, haven’t located it yet.

Zutz2v
04-24-2021, 07:09 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210424/0d04570ddb60e20106c41e925f7ccc5d.jpg
Washed her up and did 200kms. Loved every second of it

RedSN
04-24-2021, 07:49 PM
Love that blue

Zippy
04-24-2021, 09:33 PM
Thank you baby jesus for good friends with extra car parts.
:highfive:

ZR
04-24-2021, 09:40 PM
Between lunch n picking up parts, almost 400km on the track ride today.

Zutz2v
04-24-2021, 11:18 PM
Love that blue

Thank you sir

Zutz2v
04-24-2021, 11:19 PM
Between lunch n picking up parts, almost 400km on the track ride today.

Trying to show me up Rick ? Lol

ZR
04-25-2021, 07:05 AM
Think we hit 18 or 1900kms on it yesterday.

ZR
04-25-2021, 07:44 AM
Darn weather, roofers were suppose to do shingles on the garage today. Figures, threat of rain For Sat, day turned out mint, yesterday am showed no rain for this am but it's coming down pretty good.

ZR
04-25-2021, 07:45 AM
Oh and what's up with every Coyote that pulls alongside wants to run on the hwy??

Uncle Buck
04-25-2021, 10:02 AM
Oh and what's up with every Coyote that pulls alongside wants to run on the hwy??

It's like driving a GT in the mid eighties.

ZR
04-25-2021, 10:26 AM
Thought it was bad in the Cobra, about 1/2 or better wanna run but so far it's almost 100% in this one.

newbiestangowner
04-25-2021, 11:19 AM
Thought it was bad in the Cobra, about 1/2 or better wanna run but so far it's almost 100% in this one.

Yup , I was wondering when you’ll notice :)
wait till the ecoboost start

https://media2.giphy.com/media/bPTXcJiIzzWz6/giphy.gif

Laffs
04-25-2021, 01:20 PM
Valve covers finally back on, but man was that a bitch. Gotta get the fuel rails reseated on the injectors again, first prime sprayed fuel everywhere from on on the PS side. Never ending saga.

Laffs
04-25-2021, 01:38 PM
I have a slow leak somewhere as well, haven’t located it yet.

Start with your PCV and hoses. Coming from up top or down below?

ZR
04-25-2021, 01:49 PM
Valve covers finally back on, but man was that a bitch. Gotta get the fuel rails reseated on the injectors again, first prime sprayed fuel everywhere from on on the PS side. Never ending saga.

Nice progress.
Even with as much as possible out of the way, not overly pleasant job.

newbiestangowner
04-25-2021, 02:17 PM
I think I’m going to need more of this

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210425/c9470eb73ed62b4ff1925fa163f3cee3.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210425/1a6304ec6a855b0b05202554152bd6b7.jpg

I won’t even post the main lawn!!
The “ neighborhood “ watch is pissed

ZR
04-25-2021, 03:02 PM
Guys are here doing the garage roof, making quick work of it and doing a nice job.
Bonus rain has held off.

newbiestangowner
04-25-2021, 03:05 PM
Guys are here doing the garage roof, making quick work of it and doing a nice job.
Bonus rain has held off.

It friggen windy up here though!

ZR
04-25-2021, 03:06 PM
Dudes walking around top section like he's standing on the ground. Guess you get accustomed to it but certainly not the job for me, get a nose bleed standing on my deck for fawk sakes. LOL

Gabe
04-25-2021, 04:04 PM
I was a roofer for a couple years in high school, you do get pretty comfortable on the pitch

Laffs
04-26-2021, 08:04 AM
In some ways you get comfortable in others you gotta always remember to keep your footing and not be too cowboy. I still get a bit uncomfortable going up a 40' ladder.

Zutz2v
04-26-2021, 08:05 AM
Start with your PCV and hoses. Coming from up top or down below?

I think it’s coming from the back of the engine based on the small spots on the ground. It’s not leaking much but it is leaking

Laffs
04-26-2021, 08:07 AM
Nice progress.
Even with as much as possible out of the way, not overly pleasant job.

Nope. It's all back together now, job takes 3x longer when I do it because it always becomes "I'll clean this while its out, I should paint this bracket, may as well order new hardware" etc.

All thats left is a MEGA detail. Front end of the car felt like sand paper and has a bunch of swirls from all the winter projects going on. Clay and full polish/sealant coming this weekend hopefully and then its almost ready for the season.

RedSN
04-26-2021, 08:30 AM
job takes 3x longer when I do it because it always becomes "I'll clean this while its out, I should paint this bracket, may as well order new hardware" etc.
yep, that sounds about right

Gabe
04-26-2021, 09:05 AM
In some ways you get comfortable in others you gotta always remember to keep your footing and not be too cowboy. I still get a bit uncomfortable going up a 40' ladder.

for sure, always need to be cautious, no matter how comfortable you get.
Me and a few buddies worked for my girlfriends neighbor, flat roofs during the week and residential on the weekends. Occasionally we would try and show each other up, carrying two bundles at once up a two story roof. the transition to the pitch was always interesting with 160lbs on one shoulder

ZR
04-27-2021, 07:45 AM
Fuck.

Ontario plans to increase penalties for speeding, stunt driving and other traffic violations, saying it has seen a spike in the offences since the pandemic hit.
The government introduced legislation Monday that would, among other things, increase vehicle impoundment times and lengthen licence suspensions.
Transportation Minister Caroline Mulroney said the Moving Ontarians More Safely Act sends a clear message to drivers.

<iframe name="fsk_frame_splitbox" id="fsk_frame_splitbox" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allow="autoplay" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border-width: initial; border-style: none; outline: 0px; font-size: 28.8px; line-height: 1.6; vertical-align: baseline; width: 603px; height: 0px;"></iframe>

“Driving is a privilege and those that threaten the safety of others have no place on our roads,” she said.
The legislation would see roadside vehicle impoundment increase from seven days to 14 days, and roadside driver's licence suspensions extend from seven days to 30 days.
It also introduces escalating post-conviction licence suspensions, up to a lifetime ban for a fourth infraction.
It would also lower the threshold for laying street racing charges for those travelling 40 km/h or more above the posted limit on roads where the speed limit is less than 80 km/h.
The government said stunt driving offences have been on the rise since 2015, with a large spike seen last year.
Mulroney said fewer motorists on the roads during the COVID-19 pandemic encouraged more people to drive at excessive speeds.
“Unfortunately, many drivers took these open roads as an invitation to put their foot down on the gas pedal,” she said.
Police laid 796 stunt driving charges in Toronto between March 1, 2020 and Dec. 31 2020, an increase of 222 per cent over the same period in 2019, she said.
Roadside driver's licence suspensions for street racing increased an additional 52 per cent between March and August 2020 compared to the same period in 2019, Mulroney said. Nearly five per cent of drivers suspended during that period had one or more previous suspensions in the last five years, she added.
In another example reported Monday, police in Perth County said they had charged a man from Seaforth, Ont., after he was allegedly clocked at driving above 170 kilometres an hour in an 80 zone in West Perth.

CON VERT
04-27-2021, 07:55 AM
YUP, speed limit to maybe 10 over , been really watching it , never mind in a new stang ! YIKES

Laffs
04-27-2021, 08:07 AM
Fuck.

Ontario plans to increase penalties for speeding, stunt driving and other traffic violations, saying it has seen a spike in the offences since the pandemic hit.
The government introduced legislation Monday that would, among other things, increase vehicle impoundment times and lengthen licence suspensions.
Transportation Minister Caroline Mulroney said the Moving Ontarians More Safely Act sends a clear message to drivers.

<iframe name="fsk_frame_splitbox" id="fsk_frame_splitbox" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allow="autoplay" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border-width: initial; border-style: none; outline: 0px; font-size: 28.8px; line-height: 1.6; vertical-align: baseline; width: 603px; height: 0px;"></iframe>

“Driving is a privilege and those that threaten the safety of others have no place on our roads,” she said.
The legislation would see roadside vehicle impoundment increase from seven days to 14 days, and roadside driver's licence suspensions extend from seven days to 30 days.
It also introduces escalating post-conviction licence suspensions, up to a lifetime ban for a fourth infraction.
It would also lower the threshold for laying street racing charges for those travelling 40 km/h or more above the posted limit on roads where the speed limit is less than 80 km/h.
The government said stunt driving offences have been on the rise since 2015, with a large spike seen last year.
Mulroney said fewer motorists on the roads during the COVID-19 pandemic encouraged more people to drive at excessive speeds.
“Unfortunately, many drivers took these open roads as an invitation to put their foot down on the gas pedal,” she said.
Police laid 796 stunt driving charges in Toronto between March 1, 2020 and Dec. 31 2020, an increase of 222 per cent over the same period in 2019, she said.
Roadside driver's licence suspensions for street racing increased an additional 52 per cent between March and August 2020 compared to the same period in 2019, Mulroney said. Nearly five per cent of drivers suspended during that period had one or more previous suspensions in the last five years, she added.
In another example reported Monday, police in Perth County said they had charged a man from Seaforth, Ont., after he was allegedly clocked at driving above 170 kilometres an hour in an 80 zone in West Perth.

Thanks all you " Street Takeover" fuckface twatwaffles for this one. Congrats on destroying a hobby even further attempting to elongate your penis through destroying knock off Chinese tires on your Scion FRS in a fucking active intersection...

5.4MarkVIII
04-27-2021, 08:32 AM
Thanks all you " Street Takeover" fuckface twatwaffles for this one. Congrats on destroying a hobby even further attempting to elongate your penis through destroying knock off Chinese tires on your Scion FRS in a fucking active intersection...

More like thank you reckless spending government who now needs to find increased revenue.

Dropping the over limit to 40 isn’t a number pulled at random. You you know how many places out in rural areas that drop from an 80 or 90 down to a 50 with very little warning.

bbriann
04-27-2021, 10:39 AM
I think it’s coming from the back of the engine based on the small spots on the ground. It’s not leaking much but it is leaking

If oil leak is NOT center at back motor and is off to side near back valve cover areas, likely coming from valve cover...over years i always had to use thin layer silicone
sealant called "the right stuff " the modular 2v motor valve covers leak at some point. Even with new heads and new oem valve covers...

CDNfyrfytr
04-27-2021, 03:30 PM
Great day for a drive, alignment done and still quiet after around 150kms.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210427/2739c32b2f07139a129546fccd70dea9.jpg

newbiestangowner
04-27-2021, 04:05 PM
Great day for a drive, alignment done and still quiet after around 150kms.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210427/2739c32b2f07139a129546fccd70dea9.jpg

Looks awesome Mike !!https://media4.giphy.com/media/B7IRO7gDj0SOY/giphy.gif

CDNfyrfytr
04-27-2021, 04:37 PM
Thank you sir!

92redragtop
04-27-2021, 05:36 PM
Wheels look great! Springs still settling eh?

CDNfyrfytr
04-27-2021, 05:37 PM
Wheels look great! Springs still settling eh?

Thanks. Yes I hope they settle some more. If not I may have to go with coil overs [emoji51][emoji389][emoji389][emoji389]

92redragtop
04-27-2021, 05:38 PM
Which springs did you go with?

ZR
04-27-2021, 05:47 PM
Thanks. Yes I hope they settle some more. If not I may have to go with coil overs [emoji51][emoji389][emoji389][emoji389]

Nicely done.
If it happens, you won't regret coilovers.

CDNfyrfytr
04-27-2021, 05:48 PM
Same as I’ve had. Didn’t replace them. They are Steeda I believe.

ZR
04-27-2021, 05:50 PM

^ Quoted for truth. Make trips on the 401 daily, even cruising 120 ish, come up on me like I'm standing still + one reckless lane change after another.

Zippy
04-27-2021, 05:54 PM

If they settle more you will need to recheck the alignment. Will make it toe out.

dismark
04-28-2021, 02:08 PM
Hey guys. I need a professional opinion here. How and where do you usually check a service history of a vehicle before making a deal (online, official dealer?). I had my car for almost 10 years now and i think its a time for a change. I found few decent options and would like to do a VIN check now. Can someone recommend a reliable source? (Australia)
Update: found one - https://www.quickrevs.com.au/revs-check-nsw. Someone on this forum recommended it and i am very grateful for this, works well, easy to check and not expensive at all. Thanks to the guys who spend their time sharing so much useful information and ideas!

mavrrrick
04-29-2021, 03:33 PM
Shout out to DaSilva’s. Thanks for getting a/c fixed up in record time!! Really impressed at clean up after, perfect!! Thanks again!!

ZR
05-01-2021, 11:53 PM
Ecoboost F150.
With JLT catch can in place, testing difference in accumulation doing 5000km changes + 10w30 full synthetic. Only took part of one 5k cycle to see it go from can 2/3 full of puke looking sludge to just a dusting of oil on the bottom.

Zutz2v
05-02-2021, 03:26 AM
When doing break pads, should I replace the slotted and drilled rotors as well ?

xeninworx
05-02-2021, 07:11 AM
Not really unless they’re thin.

ZR
05-02-2021, 07:41 AM
Pads will not fully / proper bed into anything but a fresh rotor surface meaning freshly machined or new. However most times they bed well enough.

ZR
05-02-2021, 08:12 AM
Thoughts and prayers to everyone in India.

Scrape
05-02-2021, 08:41 AM
That is really bad over there right now.

ZR
05-02-2021, 08:49 AM
Unimaginable whats happening.

bluetoy
05-02-2021, 11:59 AM
Well last year I swapped my '07 to bigger '11 GT brakes with everything new on every corner and the supposedly better Bullitt brake pads. I can say I have been underwhelmed at best. I decided to switch those Bullitt pads out for a set of EBC red stuff. Wow. What a difference. Only about 50km on them so far. so not even bedded in yet. The initial bite is amazing. I'll never switch back. If anyone is looking for a set of Bullitt Ford FR/RR pads I have a set with only about 1000 km on them.

ZR
05-02-2021, 12:31 PM
We've seen nothing but positive results with current EBC reds on both our Mustangs and daily drivers.

newbiestangowner
05-02-2021, 01:05 PM
We've seen nothing but positive results with current EBC reds on both our Mustangs and daily drivers.

Ok

EBC reds it is, but my rotors will be stock or should I get different?
I’ll be bringing it to a guy I know :)

Not happy with hawks

ZR
05-02-2021, 01:11 PM
^ On new stock rotors is mint.
As an h/p street pad, been 100% satisfied with no downside.
For lapping, only a good choice for those that are well on the conservative side.
Hawks, so done with them, disappointed too many times.

newbiestangowner
05-02-2021, 01:15 PM
^ On new stock rotors is mint.
As an h/p street pad, been 100% satisfied with no downside.
For lapping, only a good choice for those that are well on the conservative side.
Hawks, so done with them, disappointed too many times.

Conservative? So should I go yellow
I’ve been known to push slo turd around everywhere just checking too, I hope they have for slo turd

ZR
05-02-2021, 01:28 PM
Only installed one set of EBC Yellow, while they stopped fine, poor braking cold and a soft almost spongy feel in the brk pedal. Owner said dirtiest pads he's ever run, worse than Hawk.

Gabe
05-03-2021, 09:28 AM
I have yellow's on my with the ATS brembo's, been very pleased with them and do not find them to be spongy or excessively dirty.

xeninworx
05-03-2021, 06:30 PM
Wow, 60-65 days for my exhaust to arrive. Jeebus.

Laffs
05-03-2021, 07:08 PM
Wow, 60-65 days for my exhaust to arrive. Jeebus.

Yeah its getting bad. Anything that's steel or plastic is getting dicey on if it even shows up.

Zippy
05-03-2021, 10:53 PM
Conservative? So should I go yellow
I’ve been known to push slo turd around everywhere just checking too, I hope they have for slo turd

You could also look into getting a set of G Lock brake pads.
Frank in BC will be able to tell you the combination of pads to run that best fits your needs.
However, the price on these pads are almost double to what a set of EBC's will be. (at least for my car it was about double)

newbiestangowner
05-03-2021, 11:18 PM
You could also look into getting a set of G Lock brake pads.
Frank in BC will be able to tell you the combination of pads to run that best fits your needs.
However, the price on these pads are almost double to what a set of EBC's will be. (at least for my car it was about double)

Thanks!! I’ll check it out- looking at street but capable for couple of track days - if we get a chance this year.

Just checked - nothing coming up for my year unless 2011, 2012 is the same for my year.
Besides nothing seems to come up unless I switch pads for track then street

Just not happy with Hawks HPS and I ran 2 sets already

RedSN
05-03-2021, 11:47 PM
IMO, much like tires, not easy finding a dual-purpose brake pad. What’s good for the street, may not be great for the track, and vice versa.

OEM Ford pads on the street, and G-Lock pads at the track have worked well for me.

92redragtop
05-04-2021, 12:55 AM
Didn't know a lot about this aspect of history (Norway, WWII) so been enjoying this drama series (Atlantic Crossing) on PBS over the past few weeks.

<div class="pbs-viral-player-wrapper" style="position: relative; padding-top: calc(56.25% + 43px);"><iframe src="https://player.pbs.org/viralplayer/3051668734/" allowfullscreen style="position: absolute; top: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; border: 0;"></iframe></div>

ZR
05-04-2021, 07:08 AM
Yeah its getting bad. Anything that's steel or plastic is getting dicey on if it even shows up.

Length of time to get or even available in the foreseeable future is becoming the norm.

Scrape
05-04-2021, 07:22 AM
We are seeing the price of metals here at work jump like crazy. Prices are nuts.

ZR
05-04-2021, 07:33 AM
We are seeing the price of metals here at work jump like crazy. Prices are nuts.

But govt is monitoring instances of price gouging.

Scrape
05-04-2021, 07:43 AM
Sadly it is not working. Take a look at this. https://www.homedepot.ca/product/west-fraser-3-4-inch-4-ftx8-ft-standard-spruce-plywood/1000401027

But govt is monitoring instances of price gouging.

Laffs
05-04-2021, 08:16 AM

It's insane, we used to have no issue with a quote being valid for 30 days, now supplier says call us the day the bid closes to get that days price and then call us back immediately if you are successful bidder so we can secure our raw materials order. Even with doing that we've had an instance where they then came back and said sorry, our raw price just went up 30% so tell either eat the cost, walk away from the job, or try and get the GC or client to absorb it. Fucking nuts.

ZR
05-04-2021, 08:33 AM
^ Like phoning for pads n rotors on a main stream daily driver n being told rotors not available and no idea when will come back in stock (oem or aftermarket).

RedSN
05-04-2021, 08:55 AM
inventory has dried up.
lack of supply is raising prices.
but the price is irrelevant when there just isn't ANY material.

We're running out of steel real fast.

Zutz2v
05-04-2021, 11:52 AM
It's insane, we used to have no issue with a quote being valid for 30 days, now supplier says call us the day the bid closes to get that days price and then call us back immediately if you are successful bidder so we can secure our raw materials order. Even with doing that we've had an instance where they then came back and said sorry, our raw price just went up 30% so tell either eat the cost, walk away from the job, or try and get the GC or client to absorb it. Fucking nuts.

That’s complete and utter bullshit. How do they expect hard working companies to stay competitive and keep people working when they pull bullshit like that.

Scrape
05-04-2021, 12:18 PM

RedSN
05-04-2021, 12:28 PM
Nothin’ but hokey religions and ancient weapons

1BAD92LX
05-04-2021, 12:28 PM
Just not happy with Hawks HPS and I ran 2 sets already

Hawk HPS aren't good for anything. I used Hawk HPS+ on the track with good results. would not use on the street tho. like already stated, dual purpose stuff doesnt to either well.

5.4MarkVIII
05-04-2021, 12:36 PM
That’s complete and utter bullshit. How do they expect hard working companies to stay competitive and keep people working when they pull bullshit like that.

Trying to build a drive shed. The Truss supplier would not lock in a price. They told us they will fit us in expect delivery in September and we will have to pay what ever that price is at the time. Would not give a quote.

None of our suppliers are talking about steel shortages. Only about manufacturing hold ups. Everything comes from China. China is lying about how hard they have been hit by Covid.

As for soft wood. Look into what options there are to buy wood from and what companies those companies have stakes in.

Business article was talking about how lumber companies have paid off a lifetimes worth of debt in the first quarter or 2021. But most defiantly not price gouging......

xeninworx
05-04-2021, 03:15 PM
Well time to get another battery for my Apple Watch Series 1. The screen came off this morning which means the battery is swelling up again. Still cheaper than buying a new watch.

bluetoy
05-04-2021, 05:07 PM
The Gov't is loving these high prices. High prices = High tax dollars.

RedSN
05-04-2021, 05:18 PM
Is it enough to offset the loss in income tax revenue?

Sales tax only accounts for about 10% of tax revenue.
While income tax accounts for about 50%.

And while they may enjoy a bit more sales tax, I’m sure they don’t welcome the associated inflation.

Gabe
05-04-2021, 06:47 PM
I agree with Don, the government has been hemorrhaging money for the last 14 months, a 13% share on whatever % increase in some markets is hardly enough to pay attention to when talking about the government debt/ spending and tax revenue. Income tax is the obvious major money maker, but even if we keep the topic on consumer spending and the associated tax revenue how much less fuel has been used in the last 14 months, less money spent at restaurants, on clothing, activities etc.

RedSN
05-04-2021, 06:54 PM
The point being: the government would much much prefer more people working generating income tax, than the price of plywood going 3X

bluetoy
05-04-2021, 08:27 PM
You all missed the point. The Gov't will not step in to lower prices. They would be choking off a valuable source of income while they are already missing a bunch of income tax funds. I never said sales tax was a better revenue source than income tax.

ZR
05-04-2021, 08:28 PM
^ It's bonus bucks.

RedSN
05-05-2021, 12:03 AM
You all missed the point. The Gov't will not step in to lower prices.
It’s not missing the point, it’s understanding economics. The government has limited tools in controlling inflation (i.e lowering prices). It’s main tool is controlling the interest rates. And with interest rates already about as low as they can go, the government has little room to play with.

What would you have the government do to lower prices?

92redragtop
05-05-2021, 01:30 AM
If it's a global supply chain issue with both lumber and the chemicals used, I'm not sure what the government can do in a free market/capitalism based economy? All commodities are on their way up - BofA today projected copper prices are expected to double so inflation will come in may waves based on supply/demand mis-match and uptick in consumer spending (pent-up demand) when things start to open up again.

newbiestangowner
05-05-2021, 01:38 AM
If it's a global supply chain issue with both lumber and the chemicals used, I'm not sure what the government can do in a free market/capitalism based economy? All commodities are on their way up - BofA today projected copper prices are expected to double so inflation will come in may waves based on supply/demand mis-match and uptick in consumer spending (pent-up demand) when things start to open up again.

ahh "bearer of bad news":slap::D:D

so prices will stay up and never go down :shrug:
like rice 5-10 years ago(sack)- price went up due to devastating flood- from 13 to 22$, funny thing they never lowered it- realized that they can charge that much and people will pay for it :shrug:

Scrape
05-05-2021, 06:22 AM
Canadians are too compliant when it comes to this stuff. We all suck.

ahh "bearer of bad news":slap::D:D

so prices will stay up and never go down :shrug:
like rice 5-10 years ago(sack)- price went up due to devastating flood- from 13 to 22$, funny thing they never lowered it- realized that they can charge that much and people will pay for it :shrug:

Zutz2v
05-05-2021, 08:27 AM
Trying to build a drive shed. The Truss supplier would not lock in a price. They told us they will fit us in expect delivery in September and we will have to pay what ever that price is at the time. Would not give a quote.

None of our suppliers are talking about steel shortages. Only about manufacturing hold ups. Everything comes from China. China is lying about how hard they have been hit by Covid.

As for soft wood. Look into what options there are to buy wood from and what companies those companies have stakes in.

Business article was talking about how lumber companies have paid off a lifetimes worth of debt in the first quarter or 2021. But most defiantly not price gouging......

I was told they’re are pure shortages from Texas after they had that storm. Nobody is told the truth, as for lumber I’m confused about the shortages cause don’t we produce our own ?

I hate how the news isn’t showing the whole picture of what’s happening to everyone. Only focusing on covid 19.

redo75
05-05-2021, 09:16 AM
Like you said with news coverage focusing only on covid, what happened to the "two Michaels in China" trial that was so hot news a few months ago? Now nothing!!

Haven't heard about the study that the Liberals federal and provincial are always studying, " before an election", the rapid transit from Windsor to Montreal??
Study goes back to days of Trudeau's grandfather Chretien and brought back by our Wynne last ditch effort . Every other dinky country has built one but a World power like Canada??
6 years of Trump Trump Trump 28 hrs a day to nothing on the news and now there's the Rogers/Trump photo "Canadian CCN trash news flash".
Sorry I have a license ramble.

ZR
05-05-2021, 09:45 AM
They are hyper focused on telling 172 sides of the same story.

RedSN
05-05-2021, 12:01 PM
Like you said with news coverage focusing only on covid, what happened to the "two Michaels in China" trial that was so hot news a few months ago?
....or the giant Chinese’s rocket booster about to fall on our heads?

CDNfyrfytr
05-05-2021, 12:48 PM
....or the giant Chinese’s rocket booster about to fall on our heads?

That’s a media lie Don, to take our collective minds off of the fake virus that was designed to destroy the economy and it’s Bill Gates endorsed microchip carrying vaccine!

https://media0.giphy.com/media/s59Csd4R2DtQI/giphy.gif

On the plus side my 5G reception is fantastic!

92redragtop
05-05-2021, 01:46 PM
I was told they’re are pure shortages from Texas after they had that storm. Nobody is told the truth, as for lumber I’m confused about the shortages cause don’t we produce our own ?

I hate how the news isn’t showing the whole picture of what’s happening to everyone. Only focusing on covid 19.

Simple mismatch of demand and supply right now which will take some time to correct - the folks that really need the materials for their own supply chains (not retail, where demand is also up) are bidding up the prices by trying to lock in their cost through commodities futures.

newbiestangowner
05-05-2021, 03:03 PM
Simple mismatch of demand and supply right now which will take some time to correct - the folks that really need the materials for their own supply chains (not retail, where demand is also up) are bidding up the prices by trying to lock in their cost through commodities futures.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/5b5OU7aUekfdSAER5I/giphy.gif

92redragtop
05-05-2021, 03:12 PM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/5b5OU7aUekfdSAER5I/giphy.gif

Yeah look up the futures market....at least the one Canadian timber stock I own has more or less fixed itself.

Or I may be off - haven't had the vaccine yet so no 5G upgrade yet.

92redragtop
05-06-2021, 12:27 AM
Little more on the above discussion (part of longer article from G&M):

Red-hot lumber prices ease pressure on Trudeau to reach softwood deal with U.S.
KONRAD YAKABUSKI
PUBLISHED 18 HOURS AGO
UPDATED MAY 5, 2021
FOR SUBSCRIBERS
You know these are strange times in the Canadian forest industry when lumber futures are hotter than bitcoin.

In the two decades until 2020, Canadian forest companies shed capacity and jobs faster than a champion lumberjack could saw through a sturdy Western white pine. Once the country’s dominant resource industry, the forest products sector shrank dramatically as newsprint consumption crumbled and the 2008 U.S. housing crash took a chainsaw to lumber prices.

Lumber is suddenly on fire, however, with U.S. housing starts hitting pre-crash 2006 levels and as consumers spend savings accumulated during the COVID-19 pandemic on home renovations instead of travel. Lumber futures for May delivery soared to a record of more than US$1,600 per thousand board feet on Tuesday on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange – about four times the average price fetched prior to the pandemic.

Most Canadian producers that supply the Western spruce, pine and fir (SPF) grades preferred for framing new houses slashed sawmill capacity in the decade before the pandemic and cannot increase production fast enough to satisfy surging demand. Soaring lumber costs have added upward of US$30,000 to the price of a new home in recent months, leading the U.S. National Association of Home Builders to call on President Joe Biden to scrap countervailing and anti-dumping duties on Canadian lumber imposed by the former Trump administration in 2017.

In the current bull market, the duties hurt U.S. consumers far more than lumber companies. Large Canadian-based producers such as Canfor Corp. CFP-T +1.85%increase
and Resolute Forest Products Inc. RFP-T -2.42%decrease
have not had it this good in more than two decades and are practically drowning in cash. Their share prices have skyrocketed in the past year and investors are piling into lumber stocks in hopes of riding what many see as a rising wave as supply bottlenecks drive wood prices even higher.

Vancouver-based Canfor reported first-quarter net income of $428-million, a nearly $500-million turnaround from a $70-million net loss in the same period in 2020. Montreal-based Resolute earned $87-million in the first quarter, up from a $1-million loss a year earlier, as juicy lumber profits helped offset a continuing decline in the company’s newsprint business.

If anything, the lumber boom has reduced the political pressure on Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s government to push for a new softwood lumber deal with the Biden administration. With lumber prices more than tripling in the past year, duties averaging around 9 per cent are practically a rounding error. Canfor’s duty was reduced to 4.62 per cent from 20.52 per cent last December by the U.S. Department of Commerce. Resolute faces a stiffer 20.25-per-cent duty.

Former Canadian trade official Eric Miller believes a new softwood deal is currently a lower priority for the Trudeau government than negotiating with the Biden administration to prevent a shutdown of Enbridge’s Line 5 natural gas pipeline by Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer or to exempt Canadian companies from the Buy America provisions of the new President’s multitrillion-dollar stimulus and infrastructure programs.

5.4MarkVIII
05-06-2021, 07:38 AM
Little more on the above discussion (part of longer article from G&M):

Red-hot lumber prices ease pressure on Trudeau to reach softwood deal with U.S.
KONRAD YAKABUSKI
PUBLISHED 18 HOURS AGO
UPDATED MAY 5, 2021
FOR SUBSCRIBERS
You know these are strange times in the Canadian forest industry when lumber futures are hotter than bitcoin.

In the two decades until 2020, Canadian forest companies shed capacity and jobs faster than a champion lumberjack could saw through a sturdy Western white pine. Once the country’s dominant resource industry, the forest products sector shrank dramatically as newsprint consumption crumbled and the 2008 U.S. housing crash took a chainsaw to lumber prices.

Lumber is suddenly on fire, however, with U.S. housing starts hitting pre-crash 2006 levels and as consumers spend savings accumulated during the COVID-19 pandemic on home renovations instead of travel. Lumber futures for May delivery soared to a record of more than US$1,600 per thousand board feet on Tuesday on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange – about four times the average price fetched prior to the pandemic.

Most Canadian producers that supply the Western spruce, pine and fir (SPF) grades preferred for framing new houses slashed sawmill capacity in the decade before the pandemic and cannot increase production fast enough to satisfy surging demand. Soaring lumber costs have added upward of US$30,000 to the price of a new home in recent months, leading the U.S. National Association of Home Builders to call on President Joe Biden to scrap countervailing and anti-dumping duties on Canadian lumber imposed by the former Trump administration in 2017.

In the current bull market, the duties hurt U.S. consumers far more than lumber companies. Large Canadian-based producers such as Canfor Corp. CFP-T +1.85%increase
and Resolute Forest Products Inc. RFP-T -2.42%decrease
have not had it this good in more than two decades and are practically drowning in cash. Their share prices have skyrocketed in the past year and investors are piling into lumber stocks in hopes of riding what many see as a rising wave as supply bottlenecks drive wood prices even higher.

Vancouver-based Canfor reported first-quarter net income of $428-million, a nearly $500-million turnaround from a $70-million net loss in the same period in 2020. Montreal-based Resolute earned $87-million in the first quarter, up from a $1-million loss a year earlier, as juicy lumber profits helped offset a continuing decline in the company’s newsprint business.

If anything, the lumber boom has reduced the political pressure on Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s government to push for a new softwood lumber deal with the Biden administration. With lumber prices more than tripling in the past year, duties averaging around 9 per cent are practically a rounding error. Canfor’s duty was reduced to 4.62 per cent from 20.52 per cent last December by the U.S. Department of Commerce. Resolute faces a stiffer 20.25-per-cent duty.

Former Canadian trade official Eric Miller believes a new softwood deal is currently a lower priority for the Trudeau government than negotiating with the Biden administration to prevent a shutdown of Enbridge’s Line 5 natural gas pipeline by Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer or to exempt Canadian companies from the Buy America provisions of the new President’s multitrillion-dollar stimulus and infrastructure programs.

Translation.

it helps Trudeau because they don't have to bother negotiating. It helps biden because he blames the increase on EVil Trump tariffs. It helps the rich relators, and contractors because they make more money of the increase in their percentage based markups. it helps the rich multinational companies who are making bank of the increases, it doesn't bother the rich or lucky "work" from home people who can afford the extra cost for the new deck. but is screws the low income or average person who has bee saving for a project, or wants to buy their fist home and cant afford to absorbed the extra cost.

it just bothers me how some people are quick to hate on the evil small business person for just trying to scrounge a living. some of who have been fined during this pandemic because the government is "cracking down on price gouging" but so many are quick to justify the rich mega companies getting richer.

92redragtop
05-06-2021, 09:31 AM
Is that the takeaway on a decade long (or more) structural supply/demand issue that's underpinning bidding wars now? It's likely any government in place now would focus less on this since they have limited ability to change it in the next 12+ months (takes longer to build new processing infrastructure) versus focusing on other more pressing issues like the threat this week for the Enbridge line to be shut down in the US which would interrupt the flow of oil to markets in the south or getting a tax/duty exemption for Canadian products in cross-border trade which can have immediate effect. The demand/supply issue is capitalism/free markets at work and it will resolve itself over time - that's what happens in capitalism. Do we not like that now?

5.4MarkVIII
05-06-2021, 10:41 AM
Is that the takeaway on a decade long (or more) structural supply/demand issue that's underpinning bidding wars now? It's likely any government in place now would focus less on this since they have limited ability to change it in the next 12+ months (takes longer to build new processing infrastructure) versus focusing on other more pressing issues like the threat this week for the Enbridge line to be shut down in the US which would interrupt the flow of oil to markets in the south or getting a tax/duty exemption for Canadian products in cross-border trade which can have immediate effect. The demand/supply issue is capitalism/free markets at work and it will resolve itself over time - that's what happens in capitalism. Do we not like that now?

The way I see it. It’s not a supply and demand issue.

Lumber has been classified as essential and was never shut down.
Lumber mills are mostly automated and don’t run large staff factory’s like they used too. There for were not largely impacted by covid staff restrictions

Yes there will be some slow down and some increase in demand. But not anywhere near what is causing the rise at 4 times the rate a year ago.

There is political factor and benefit gain as well as people making stupid amounts of money taking advantage of pandemic conditions.

That is not capitalism. That’s cronyism.

If people don’t believe this then fine. But why has other building supplies not seen the same 400% increase while dealing with the same supply and demand issues.

Your right the lumber issue has been a long standing POLITICAL issue. That just backs up why the current increase is about politics and money and not justified via supply and demand.

92redragtop
05-06-2021, 12:14 PM
Demand has been going down since the crash in 2008 and capacity has been shrinking at an absolute rate so it's not just automation that's reduced employment but maintained output capacity. And yes, softwood lumber has always been a political issue due to the employment and resource components but aggregate sector output is lower due to structural demand trends over the past 12-13 years. Here is an example from pre-pandemic that highlights where supply/demand was and was going back in 2019.

https://www.woodworkingnetwork.com/news/woodworking-industry-news/two-new-canadian-lumber-mills-shut-down-hundreds-more-laid

Two more Canadian lumber mills shut down, hundreds more laid off
By Robert Dalheim September 16, 2019 | 12:19 pm CDT

CANADA - Ontario-based Kenora Forest Products (KFP) and British Columbia's Teal-Jones will both shut down production because of weakened lumber markets.

KFP's two-week shutdown will begin September 23. Staggered layoffs have already begun and more than 115 workers will be affected. Kenora Miner & News reports the curtailment is a result of weakened lumber markets both domestically and internationally, as well the U.S.-imposed softwood lumber duties. More than 95 percent of the company's lumber is destined for the U.S.

Once again citing weak markets, Teal-Jones will shut down its harvesting operations on the coast of British Columbia. CBC News reports that a "substantial" number of employees will be out of work.

British Columbia - Canada's largest lumber-producing province - exported just over 514 million board feet of lumber to the U.S. in October 2018, down from 645 million board feet from the same time 2017. It has also seen more than 20 mill closures and curtailments. Many Canadian lumber leaders have taken a hit - including West Fraser, Canfor, Interfor, and Conifex - and have either shut down plants or restricted production, with West Fraser and Canfor curtailing production more than once.

All cited challenging lumber markets, high log costs, log supply constraints, falling lumber prices, and U.S. import tariffs as factors.

Softwood lumber import tariffs of around 21 percent were levied onto Canada last year. The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) told MarketWatch that those tariffs are restructuring the entire lumber global supply chain - incentivizing U.S. buyers to import from overseas rather than ship lumber across the Canadian border.

5.4MarkVIII
05-06-2021, 01:06 PM
Demand has been going down since the crash in 2008 and capacity has been shrinking at an absolute rate so it's not just automation that's reduced employment but maintained output capacity. And yes, softwood lumber has always been a political issue due to the employment and resource components but aggregate sector output is lower due to structural demand trends over the past 12-13 years. Here is an example from pre-pandemic that highlights where supply/demand was and was going back in 2019.

https://www.woodworkingnetwork.com/news/woodworking-industry-news/two-new-canadian-lumber-mills-shut-down-hundreds-more-laid

Two more Canadian lumber mills shut down, hundreds more laid off
By Robert Dalheim September 16, 2019 | 12:19 pm CDT

CANADA - Ontario-based Kenora Forest Products (KFP) and British Columbia's Teal-Jones will both shut down production because of weakened lumber markets.

KFP's two-week shutdown will begin September 23. Staggered layoffs have already begun and more than 115 workers will be affected. Kenora Miner & News reports the curtailment is a result of weakened lumber markets both domestically and internationally, as well the U.S.-imposed softwood lumber duties. More than 95 percent of the company's lumber is destined for the U.S.

Once again citing weak markets, Teal-Jones will shut down its harvesting operations on the coast of British Columbia. CBC News reports that a "substantial" number of employees will be out of work.

British Columbia - Canada's largest lumber-producing province - exported just over 514 million board feet of lumber to the U.S. in October 2018, down from 645 million board feet from the same time 2017. It has also seen more than 20 mill closures and curtailments. Many Canadian lumber leaders have taken a hit - including West Fraser, Canfor, Interfor, and Conifex - and have either shut down plants or restricted production, with West Fraser and Canfor curtailing production more than once.

All cited challenging lumber markets, high log costs, log supply constraints, falling lumber prices, and U.S. import tariffs as factors.

Softwood lumber import tariffs of around 21 percent were levied onto Canada last year. The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) told MarketWatch that those tariffs are restructuring the entire lumber global supply chain - incentivizing U.S. buyers to import from overseas rather than ship lumber across the Canadian border.

When I search and read articles regarding the softwood “shortages” they mostly refer to logistical and transportation issues. And not a physical shortage of wood.

The lumber industry isn’t the only industry struggling with transportation.

I have freezers that have been in back order since last fall when then come in I don’t charge the customer 4 times what they are worth.

Why is the lumber industry the only one bending consumers over!

92redragtop
05-06-2021, 01:57 PM
Nature of supply chain is different than for gypsum, etc., for example, which can be stockpiled more efficiently from the mines and production can be ramped up more easily than with E2E timber/lumber...plus the new build demand. I can see steel being an issue as well given the relative fixed capacity with the plants (although they may not have been operating close to capacity pre-pandemic so may have had a buffer). Outside of construction other sectors are being affected by macro supply/demand misalignment as well (eg. semi-conductors; consumers pay more via the end product).

Stascan report up to about 2007 which shows the industry was already in trouble due to falling prices and demand (Canada and US) except for a short uptick in the US before the big crash, and we know the decade that followed saw the construction industry south of the border fall off a cliff which means the companies had to get underperforming assets off their balance sheets.

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/en/pub/11-621-m/11-621-m2007055-eng.pdf?st=k2z3qbby

xeninworx
05-06-2021, 03:02 PM
While driving home from work just now, an older man in a blue S550 GT vert pulled next to me and gave me a thumbs up. I gave him a thumbs too.

Zippy
05-06-2021, 10:05 PM
Couldn't resist it anymore. Took my car out for a drive with ZR. Felt great to be behind the wheel.

ZR
05-06-2021, 10:22 PM
Few thumbs up from others, Dech gettin it done.

92redragtop
05-06-2021, 10:24 PM
Good day for it.

92redragtop
05-06-2021, 10:32 PM
Our steel-based car parts might be pricey into 2022....might be time to short steel.

After bottoming out around $460 last year, US benchmark hot-rolled coil steel prices are now sitting at around $1,500 a ton, a record high that is nearly triple the 20-year average.
Steel stocks are on fire. US Steel (X), which crashed to a record low last March amid bankruptcy fears, has skyrocketed 200% in just 12 months. Nucor (NUE) has spiked 76% this year alone.
While "scarcity and panic" are lifting steel prices and stocks today, Tanners predicted a painful reversal as supply catches up with what she described as unimpressive demand.
"We expect this will correct — and often when it corrects, it over-corrects," said Tanners, a two-decade veteran of the metals industry who authored a report last week headlined "Steel stocks in a bubble."

newbiestangowner
05-06-2021, 10:50 PM
Our steel-based car parts might be pricey into 2022....might be time to short steel.

After bottoming out around $460 last year, US benchmark hot-rolled coil steel prices are now sitting at around $1,500 a ton, a record high that is nearly triple the 20-year average.
Steel stocks are on fire. US Steel (X), which crashed to a record low last March amid bankruptcy fears, has skyrocketed 200% in just 12 months. Nucor (NUE) has spiked 76% this year alone.
While "scarcity and panic" are lifting steel prices and stocks today, Tanners predicted a painful reversal as supply catches up with what she described as unimpressive demand.
"We expect this will correct — and often when it corrects, it over-corrects," said Tanners, a two-decade veteran of the metals industry who authored a report last week headlined "Steel stocks in a bubble."

I’ll believe it when I see it ( corrects)

https://media3.giphy.com/media/ui1hpJSyBDWlG/giphy.gif

92redragtop
05-06-2021, 11:03 PM
I’ll believe it when I see it ( corrects)

https://media3.giphy.com/media/ui1hpJSyBDWlG/giphy.gif

I was waiting for some rims to go on sale but the price keeps going up. And folks here have talked about shortages of rotors and paying more for rotors too.

newbiestangowner
05-06-2021, 11:10 PM
I was waiting for some rims to go on sale but the price keeps going up. And folks here have talked about shortages of rotors and paying more for rotors too.

I know my brakes are grinding, I’m waiting for the correction in price!!

Wasn’t the rims already manufactured?? What gives?? :)
Why the increase in price??( because they can?) lol

I’m not liking this “free market “ “capitalism “ “supply and demand” “venture capitalists “ mergers”” tariffs” “ imports “ “exports” or whatever terms you finance guys create to get us ordinary joe smhoo all confused [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

92redragtop
05-07-2021, 12:15 AM

Scarcity - there's nothing coming behind it to refill the shelves (or a lot less) so sales are going to go down so you have to hike your margin on what you have left to make up the difference. Kind of like our real estate market - highest bidder gets the product. Which of those words describe this....

ZR
05-07-2021, 08:41 AM
I know my brakes are grinding, I’m waiting for the correction in price!!

I’m not liking this “free market “ “capitalism “ “supply and demand” “venture capitalists “ mergers”” tariffs” “ imports “ “exports” or whatever terms you finance guys create to get us ordinary joe smhoo all confused [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Not likely to happen anytime soon though.

xeninworx
05-07-2021, 03:22 PM
Glad I bought rotors months ago. The price for my exhaust only went up $30-40 when I looked from last year.

newbiestangowner
05-07-2021, 03:34 PM
I’ll be doing this soon, or just garage it for a couple of years

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210507/d0b4cab50bcc4f52be32581e00f24269.jpg

xeninworx
05-07-2021, 09:05 PM
While driving on Steeles in Vaughan around 8:30pm, black S197 pulled over by the police. 10 mins later while driving back from where I was coming from, the Mustang was getting towed. :frown-new::concern:

newbiestangowner
05-07-2021, 10:56 PM
While driving on Steeles in Vaughan around 8:30pm, black S197 pulled over by the police. 10 mins later while driving back from where I was coming from, the Mustang was getting towed. :frown-new::concern:

Not me

Scrape
05-07-2021, 11:06 PM
Should not have put a hole in the floor Ron. :cool:
Not me

xeninworx
05-08-2021, 12:40 AM
It was a 05-09 S197.

ZR
05-08-2021, 08:10 AM
WTF!!!

The number of parties and events still being held in Toronto amid the lockdown is "concerningly high," leading hundreds of people being hit with a $750 ticket this week alone, police say.
According to police, more than 296 charges (http://torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/49829) were laid between April 30 and May 6 after police busted gatherings at places like condos, short-term rentals, closed bars and restaurants.
Sixteen criminal charges were also laid during that period, police said.

In one case, police said they attended a noisy party, in the Bloor Street West and Dundas Street area, and found 14 people inside a house. Officers charged everyone in attendance under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act and Reopening Ontario Act and dispersed them.

The Newmare
05-08-2021, 09:13 PM
24094,,,,,that is all!!

ZR
05-08-2021, 10:05 PM
Good to hear Steve.

Zippy
05-09-2021, 02:35 PM
Cleaned up and ready to do some trailering :)

ZR
05-09-2021, 04:36 PM
^ Fuck thats a good lookin truck ya got Zip.

Zutz2v
05-09-2021, 05:12 PM
Was driving just let, was pushing the car but not all the way, shifted from 3rd-4th, car hesitated and now sounds like a tractor. It drives but it’s rough.... do I need a new engine ?

Zutz2v
05-09-2021, 05:33 PM
Possibly a spark plug ?

ZR
05-09-2021, 05:33 PM
Best to come by and we put an ear to it.

newbiestangowner
05-09-2021, 05:49 PM
Was driving just let, was pushing the car but not all the way, shifted from 3rd-4th, car hesitated and now sounds like a tractor. It drives but it’s rough.... do I need a new engine ?

Hopefully nothing too serious
Let the Dr have a listen

Zutz2v
05-09-2021, 06:30 PM
Best to come by and we put an ear to it.

I’m ready when you are, give me a date

ZR
05-09-2021, 06:46 PM
To put an ear to it, just lemme know when your free and we can take a few minutes.

Zutz2v
05-09-2021, 07:04 PM
To put an ear to it, just lemme know when your free and we can take a few minutes.

Ok, perhaps Tuesday evening ?

ZR
05-09-2021, 07:09 PM
Always best to pm but typically avail up to 6.

xeninworx
05-09-2021, 07:49 PM
Seen an old man driving a new Bullitt today. That man is enjoying life.

RedSN
05-10-2021, 08:51 AM
Mystichrome Cobra :drool:

Laffs
05-10-2021, 08:59 AM

Check all your intake and charge tube connections. If shot a plug out you'd have heard a noise, and you would be able to pop the hood and feel a coil is totally loose. Unless you did a 3 to 2 mis-shift I doubt a new motor is needed.

1BAD92LX
05-10-2021, 02:12 PM
baconator flavour pringles are terrible

RedSN
05-10-2021, 02:22 PM
^^^I made the mistake of buying 2 cans.

Seriously considering tossing the second one out. I don't even think the racoons would eat them.

Old Fart
05-10-2021, 02:35 PM
When will this end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snaketamer
05-10-2021, 02:56 PM
Better you, than us!... However, I feel your pain.

Zutz2v
05-10-2021, 03:14 PM
When will this end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How far north are you ?

Old Fart
05-10-2021, 03:16 PM
^^^written under my avatar

RedSN
05-10-2021, 03:18 PM
How far north are you ?

If you look on a road map of Ontario .....he's on the other side, LOL

Old Fart
05-10-2021, 03:30 PM
Posted a comment but then realized that the road map has 2 sides. Blame it on old age, lol

Zutz2v
05-10-2021, 05:15 PM
Check all your intake and charge tube connections. If shot a plug out you'd have heard a noise, and you would be able to pop the hood and feel a coil is totally loose. Unless you did a 3 to 2 mis-shift I doubt a new motor is needed.

I’ve had the charger tube pop before and that was the first thing I checked. But the rough ride is totally different. When the tub pops off the engine doesn’t get air so it struggles. This doesn’t do that, I have a major lose of power but the car drives. I didn’t bother looking at the plugs and stuff because I don’t know what I’m looking.

Laffs
05-10-2021, 09:26 PM
You ever been in the garage consuming some cold snacks while starring at your car, and wonder "what's in that cabinet again?" . Then open the cabinet and forget you had a metric fuck ton of spare parts you are holding on to for??????????

xeninworx
05-10-2021, 10:18 PM
You ever been in the garage consuming some cold snacks while starring at your car, and wonder "what's in that cabinet again?" . Then open the cabinet and forget you had a metric fuck ton of spare parts you are holding on to for??????????

Shit I still got parts for my Civic that I keep forgetting to sell.

RedSN
05-11-2021, 08:41 AM
yep.
opened a cabinet door last month looking for something ....found some door hinge pins and bushing for my old notch.
...and the TB gasket I was actually looking for.
I call that win win.

5.4MarkVIII
05-11-2021, 09:05 AM
yep.
opened a cabinet door last month looking for something ....found some door hinge pins and bushing for my old notch.
...and the TB gasket I was actually looking for.
I call that win win.

Is it bad that I have a shipping container holding all my extra crap?

Zutz2v
05-11-2021, 09:08 AM
Is it bad that I have a shipping container holding all my extra crap?

I’ll give you 100$ for the contents of that container. Final offer.

Snaketamer
05-11-2021, 09:25 AM
Still have parts from my '89 notch like low klms axles/gears/diff and fuel pump. lol

5.4MarkVIII
05-11-2021, 04:27 PM
I’ll give you 100$ for the contents of that container. Final offer.

lol gonna take a hard pass on that especially since right now it has most of my wood working tools in it as well as all my shop benches. i think i still have the trans and maybe some other mark 8 stuff but for sure has everything off my 64 Tbird, complete interior. drive train ect.

I really need my new shop built. breaking ground next week.

RedSN
05-11-2021, 04:45 PM
Oh man, I don’t even know what I would do with a shipping container worth of storage space! I would be in hoarder heaven.

5.4MarkVIII
05-11-2021, 05:39 PM
Oh man, I don’t even know what I would do with a shipping container worth of storage space! I would be in hoarder heaven.

Lol

Depressed at how fast it fills with junk and annoyed how every time you need something it’s at the back.

Zippy
05-11-2021, 05:44 PM
This is the season to sell off your old stuff guys. Bring in that $$$

Zutz2v
05-11-2021, 06:09 PM
So I’ve been going back and forth on which pads to buy. I settled on the EBC red stuff. I called around and I was getting prices for like 190$ just the front pads.

I said let me check on Amazon. I scored brother front and rear pads shipped to my door for 215$ all in. I hate Amazon but I couldn’t say no.

xeninworx
05-11-2021, 06:31 PM
Yup, sometimes Amazon prices are better. Got my front and rear rotors from Amazon as I kept getting Amazon gift cards for my birthday and Christmas. If I had bought the rotors from Rockauto I would have paid too much for shipping as rotors are heavy. So got them from Amazon with prime free shipping and they actually shipped out of Wisconsin.

bluetoy
05-11-2021, 07:33 PM
I got my EBC Red stuff pads from Amazon as well. No one could even touch their price. However when I ordered new Koni STR-T struts and shocks I got them cheaper from Tdot performance. Sadly they only had the struts so I had to get shocks from Amazon. Tdot was here in 1 day. Amazon took 5 days. Both Free shipping

Windjammer
05-11-2021, 07:35 PM
24094,,,,,that is all!!

Man that is a beautiful looking car. Red is the best colour!

mavrrrick
05-11-2021, 08:38 PM
^^^even nicer in person!!!^^^