PDA

View Full Version : Post whatever is on your mind!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96

Stephen06GT
07-01-2022, 04:28 PM
Celeste and I went to watch “Top Gun-Maverick” today. A pretty decent flick and a great way to kill some time on a lazy Canada Day.

xeninworx
07-01-2022, 07:02 PM
All done. Had to retighten the nuts and bolts for the exhaust flange to donut collector. Thought it was tight enough but had a leak. Took care of that once it cooled down. Drove to Milton to for a bbq at my brother-in-law’s place. Figured the drive to Milton and back home after to Brampton will be a good heat cycle so I can retorque the nuts tomorrow.

The Dorman manifold studs and nuts are slightly different than OEM. The threads aren’t as deep into the block but length of the stud is the same as OEM. The nut is a lock nut. Felt like I was going to break the stud when I was tightening the nut. I guess it can’t back out but might be a problem if I ever have to take it out.

AFE gives you a nut and oval lock nut for the collector flange to exhaust system. I don’t know why they didn’t tap the holes so I could reuse OEM hardware. Would be easier to install because I had to have my neighbour hold the bolt from the top while I tightened from underneath. Used the Fel-Pro gaskets that came with them.

Drones a bit on the highway but I rarely drive on the highway so I don’t care. I just turn the volume up on the stereo.

ZR
07-01-2022, 07:22 PM
^ We have stopped using the Dorman studs for the exact same reason. Fel Pro's version work like a charm but are a bunch more money. Gaskets, moved back to OEM MLS only after a couple of failures using aftermarket fiber type gaskets.

xeninworx
07-01-2022, 08:05 PM
Yeah I was a little iffy about the Dorman studs and nuts. Luckily I only needed to use 2 as I was able to free up 2 more OEM studs and nuts.

I was going to use a MAHLE gasket which is MLS but the Fel-Pro looked better for sealing. It’s some metal type gasket. No fiber material and shiny metal on both sides. If it fails, I’ll use the MAHLE. Way easier to get this header out than the stock cast iron so wouldn’t take too long to swap out.

All in all I’m happy with everything. Brakes and headers done. All the mods I wanted to do are done. I’m happy with the suspension and shifter feels great so no need for a MGW upgrade. Just little things left to do in due time.

ZR
07-01-2022, 08:29 PM
Mahle is the OE supplier for Ford.

xeninworx
07-01-2022, 09:38 PM
Mahle is the OE supplier for Ford.

Cool. I know they also supply gaskets for other automakers.

ZR
07-02-2022, 08:05 AM
Tired as fawk this am, not sure why so many these days think it's ok to start shooting fireworks off well north of 11pm n keep it up into the wee hours of the morning. Last couple of years, look forward to long weekends with rain and more rain, at least it keeps it down to a dull roar.

5.4MarkVIII
07-02-2022, 09:30 AM
Tired as fawk this am, not sure why so many these days think it's ok to start shooting fireworks off well north of 11pm n keep it up into the wee hours of the morning. Last couple of years, look forward to long weekends with rain and more rain, at least it keeps it down to a dull roar.

When any teen can walk into any corner store and pick them up.

Why don’t they just shoot them at each other out the sunroof like normal idiots. Maybe that was just me and my buddies. We were smart enough not to buy the loud ones. They attract too much attention.

92redragtop
07-03-2022, 06:00 PM
I don't get it - it's 2022, how are people falling for this still? They have internet - classic decade (or longer) old scam. I bet he's not even a real prince.

Toronto police say a man who allegedly defrauded multiple people over 11 months is now facing nearly 100 charges.

Police say the 22-year-old man was arrested Monday and is facing 97 charges, including 29 counts of fraud over $5,000 and 30 counts of causing another person to act on a forged document.

Police allege the man began to reach out to victims as far back as last April through online marketplaces and agree to buy merchandise, usually designer clothing and shoes.

Police allege he would meet the victims and pay with fraudulent cheques worth more than the agreed purchase price.

Police say he would then allegedly get the victims to send him the difference, fleeing with the money and merchandise before those he defrauded realized the cheques had been placed on hold.

Police say investigators believe there may be more victims and are urging anyone with more information to come forward.

92redragtop
07-04-2022, 12:22 AM
Sad news that Shockwave Jet Truck crashed in Michigan today and the driver did not survive. He ran the truck at TMP several times in the past and always put on a great show. R.I.P.

mavrrrick
07-04-2022, 08:44 AM
Trying to get what a 2014 VW Tiguan is worth. Black exterior, in good shape and has a fair size scratch in passenger door. Has 32k km’s on it. Was my uncles who passed away. Seeing prices on auto trader but km’s on them are high. Aunt asked what it’s worth and have no real idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrape
07-04-2022, 09:10 AM
Give this a try Jeff. https://carity.com
Trying to get what a 2014 VW Tiguan is worth. Black exterior, in good shape and has a fair size scratch in passenger door. Has 32k km’s on it. Was my uncles who passed away. Seeing prices on auto trader but km’s on them are high. Aunt asked what it’s worth and have no real idea.

Laffs
07-04-2022, 10:03 AM

Retail or wholesale?

mavrrrick
07-04-2022, 02:00 PM
What I could get if I sell.

mavrrrick
07-04-2022, 02:02 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220704/20aecddc773a6ee1ed36c53d1ac0a142.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220704/012bf16df949cdd5712bb42d83f842af.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220704/888b155933fa8f723ae138e033dc98ce.jpg

Scrape
07-04-2022, 02:14 PM
I see your pics but take one of the scratch as it may be easily repairable.

Laffs
07-04-2022, 04:12 PM
Low 20k range for the right buyer. KM's aren't the limiting factor on price anymore it's the age. I see 18 MY's with less KM's for 26k so that's what you're priced against.

xeninworx
07-04-2022, 07:52 PM
Well first day back to work after a weeks vacation. I can now judge the difference on the brakes and headers since I always take the same route to and from work.

Brakes:

Definitely a big difference from stock to semi metallic and Brembos. I’m using the same pedal travel and stopping too soon. Will have to lighten my pedal travel.

Headers:

Tone is deeper. A little louder on WOT. Sounds fantastic. The car drivers smoother and feels even less held back. Having the X pipe helps a lot. Definitely less restrictive than before. Mileage is better. On Friday I fueled up and my range was 387 kms then drove to Milton and back. When I got home I was at 314 kms range. Today it adjusted to 344 kms range when I left for work.

I’m happy.

xeninworx
07-05-2022, 08:42 PM
Brother finally got his new QX60. It’s not the top trim but has all the sensors. Tan interior.

Scrape
07-05-2022, 10:18 PM
Very nice ride. Took Infiniti long enough to finally update that vehicle.

xeninworx
07-06-2022, 07:34 AM
Very nice ride. Took Infiniti long enough to finally update that vehicle.

It’s a very good update. I like it. His previous QX60 was the refresh so wasn’t really that great. This one is the Sensory trim. He wanted the Autograph trim, which is the top trim, but those are scarce. Nobody had one with a colour that he liked and got tired of waiting. He’s happy with the Sensory trim as it has adaptive cruise control and all the tech. Adaptive cruise control is the best thing to happen to cruise control since sliced bread.

Same 3.5 V6 as the outgoing model. 295hp and 270tq. Quite literally 10 power less on both compared to my Cyclone 3.7 V6. Much bigger brakes on the new model though. Finally. The front rotor size on the 2019 was the same size as my rear rotors. What a joke for a SUV.

it’s a lease so he doesn’t care for PPF. His winter wheel from the previous model fit this one so he doesn’t have to get new ones.

xeninworx
07-06-2022, 07:00 PM
This sucks.

IanGTCS
07-06-2022, 07:07 PM
When any teen can walk into any corner store and pick them up.

Why don’t they just shoot them at each other out the sunroof like normal idiots. Maybe that was just me and my buddies. We were smart enough not to buy the loud ones. They attract too much attention.

Oh roman candle fights. We used to light them out the car windows. For the loud ones we'd drive until we found a dirt road and then light them off and peel out. Nothing like the old light and toss of one of the ones that shoots out a ball that makes a loud bang. Never knew what direction they were going.

I really hope my sons are slightly less idiotic with fireworks than I was.

xeninworx
07-09-2022, 09:54 AM
Thinking about stitching this up this weekend. I hate how the bezel goes to the end of the steering wheel as that’s where I put my hands so I want something to go over it. Tried wheel covers but they’re too thick. Planning on using thick white thread in a X cross pattern as opposed to the oem baseball stitch.

ZR
07-09-2022, 10:29 AM
Interested to see how it turns out.

Scrape
07-09-2022, 03:28 PM
The Autograph trim is nice. My buddy has a QX50 in that trim. But these times gets you limited choices.
It’s a very good update. I like it. His previous QX60 was the refresh so wasn’t really that great. This one is the Sensory trim. He wanted the Autograph trim, which is the top trim, but those are scarce. Nobody had one with a colour that he liked and got tired of waiting. He’s happy with the Sensory trim as it has adaptive cruise control and all the tech. Adaptive cruise control is the best thing to happen to cruise control since sliced bread.

Same 3.5 V6 as the outgoing model. 295hp and 270tq. Quite literally 10 power less on both compared to my Cyclone 3.7 V6. Much bigger brakes on the new model though. Finally. The front rotor size on the 2019 was the same size as my rear rotors. What a joke for a SUV.

it’s a lease so he doesn’t care for PPF. His winter wheel from the previous model fit this one so he doesn’t have to get new ones.

Scrape
07-09-2022, 03:29 PM
It’s fixable. ColorgloGTA I believe and some others can fix it relatively cheap
This sucks.

Scrape
07-09-2022, 03:31 PM
Take the wheel off and remove all the trim pieces.
Thinking about stitching this up this weekend. I hate how the bezel goes to the end of the steering wheel as that’s where I put my hands so I want something to go over it. Tried wheel covers but they’re too thick. Planning on using thick white thread in a X cross pattern as opposed to the oem baseball stitch.

1BAD92LX
07-09-2022, 04:40 PM
https://www.orostation.ca/so/37O6XxdIk?languageTag=en&cid=7d270e4b-99b1-4053-9509-52900443310a#/main

Snaketamer
07-09-2022, 08:01 PM
https://www.orostation.ca/so/37O6XxdIk?languageTag=en&cid=7d270e4b-99b1-4053-9509-52900443310a#/main

My brother-in-law just listed his place on Line 9 if your interested...lol

xeninworx
07-09-2022, 08:03 PM
It’s fixable. ColorgloGTA I believe and some others can fix it relatively cheap

The side bolsters are vinyl but the seat is leather. Either fix it next year or get a two tone replacement from https://www.canadaseatskins.ca/2005-2014-mustang-leather-kits/2005-2014-ford-mustang-katzkin-leather-seats.html . Since I already know how to take the seat apart and already have hog rings and pliers.

xeninworx
07-09-2022, 08:05 PM
Take the wheel off and remove all the trim pieces.

I actually want it to go over the bezels so I don’t have to touch the trim all the time. I’m so used to Honda steering wheels.

ChickenLips
07-10-2022, 08:17 AM
Canadians liberated Holland. I wonder if they can return the favor?

xeninworx
07-10-2022, 02:12 PM
The circumference of the wheel cover is too small. Won’t reach end to end when sewn together. Will have to find one with a larger circumference.

Laffs
07-11-2022, 08:49 AM
Most neighbors are the absolute fucking worst. Guy behind me was exception to the rule and was AWESOME until fucking cancer took him way too young. Now his wife and her new man are driving me fucking nuts. Theres always been a giant privacy hedge growing right between our yards with a chain link in it. Me and old neighbor used to agree that it was great privacy, not worth building a fence since it was so thick the dogs couldn't jump the chain link. We'd split the trimming and pruning duties each summer, keep it maintained. Ever since he passed I've been keeping up on it.

Well last weekend her new guy decides he's fucking green thumb and that "its way too over grown and needs to be trimmed" and starts fucking HACKING the thing with a goddamn sawzall. Basically rips the thing to shreds, huge gaps in the hedge, just wide fucking open all along the bottom. I go out there and basically say "are you trying to rip this whole thing down?" and get "no, trimming". I say "hey just so you know, you've trimmed it so much now the dogs can hop the chain link now and jump in the pool (they have a lab, me a Border Collie) and get "it'll fill back in" (yes in a few years). At this point it's clear he gives no fucks and is just ripping it apart. They also took down a shed that was acting as a barrier on the one side as well where the chain link was patchy.

At this point I say fuck this, go grab my auger and and string line and mark out posts about 6" inside my property line because clearly I gotta build a fence to keep my dog out of their pool. He's see me doing this and basically acts indignant and goes " oh so you're gonna build a fence now?" to which I say yea, my dog can hop this fence and be in your pool in a minute so ya. By end of day Sunday, I have a 6' privacy fence up along back of yard. Built it 6' because they left the top of the hedge untrimmed and at least this way it's still acting as a privacy barrier. Of course the entire time I'm building it I hear the neighbor telling her new guy how Amaaaaaazing the trimming looks and how her deceased husband never trimmed it (which is BS but I've already ranted enough cant even start on her).

Fast forward to this weekend, down comes the entire hedge (that looked so amazing trimmed) so now I'm stuck starring in to their yard completely.

ZR
07-11-2022, 08:53 AM
^ Fawk!!!

ChickenLips
07-11-2022, 09:05 AM
I'm lucky, great neighbors. Believe it or not, they all like me too.

5.4MarkVIII
07-11-2022, 09:11 AM
Most neighbors are the absolute fucking worst. Guy behind me was exception to the rule and was AWESOME until fucking cancer took him way too young. Now his wife and her new man are driving me fucking nuts. Theres always been a giant privacy hedge growing right between our yards with a chain link in it. Me and old neighbor used to agree that it was great privacy, not worth building a fence since it was so thick the dogs couldn't jump the chain link. We'd split the trimming and pruning duties each summer, keep it maintained. Ever since he passed I've been keeping up on it.

Well last weekend her new guy decides he's fucking green thumb and that "its way too over grown and needs to be trimmed" and starts fucking HACKING the thing with a goddamn sawzall. Basically rips the thing to shreds, huge gaps in the hedge, just wide fucking open all along the bottom. I go out there and basically say "are you trying to rip this whole thing down?" and get "no, trimming". I say "hey just so you know, you've trimmed it so much now the dogs can hop the chain link now and jump in the pool (they have a lab, me a Border Collie) and get "it'll fill back in" (yes in a few years). At this point it's clear he gives no fucks and is just ripping it apart. They also took down a shed that was acting as a barrier on the one side as well where the chain link was patchy.

At this point I say fuck this, go grab my auger and and string line and mark out posts about 6" inside my property line because clearly I gotta build a fence to keep my dog out of their pool. He's see me doing this and basically acts indignant and goes " oh so you're gonna build a fence now?" to which I say yea, my dog can hop this fence and be in your pool in a minute so ya. By end of day Sunday, I have a 6' privacy fence up along back of yard. Built it 6' because they left the top of the hedge untrimmed and at least this way it's still acting as a privacy barrier. Of course the entire time I'm building it I hear the neighbor telling her new guy how Amaaaaaazing the trimming looks and how her deceased husband never trimmed it (which is BS but I've already ranted enough cant even start on her).

Fast forward to this weekend, down comes the entire hedge (that looked so amazing trimmed) so now I'm stuck starring in to their yard completely.

Just keep a copy of the survey. Went threw a very similar situation at our old place on the side yard.

We sold the place but now I hear that the new owners are in a fight with the neighbour on the location of the property line. Hedge was directly on the property line. Confirmed by survey stakes.

We built the fence as you did to preserve the hedge but keep the dogs in. Now the neighbor is claiming the fence is the property line.

Very glad that my current neighbours are two roads and two fields.

ChickenLips
07-11-2022, 09:34 AM
Just keep a copy of the survey. Went threw a very similar situation at our old place on the side yard.

We sold the place but now I hear that the new owners are in a fight with the neighbour on the location of the property line. Hedge was directly on the property line. Confirmed by survey stakes.

We built the fence as you did to preserve the hedge but keep the dogs in. Now the neighbor is claiming the fence is the property line.

Very glad that my current neighbours are two roads and two fields.

or move the fence

ChickenLips
07-11-2022, 09:36 AM
new Canadian holiday.

National password reset day.

ZR
07-11-2022, 09:44 AM
Great, dealer ordering system down Friday / Saturday, now backed up to the moon which means part that normally takes 2 days won't reach us until Friday.................you suck Rogers.

5.4MarkVIII
07-11-2022, 10:03 AM
or move the fence

An option but unnecessary cost.

Seems to be a common misconception that “if I run my lawn mower over this one foot stretch then your legal property becomes mine”

Not how the law works.

Everyone should have current surveys done every time they buy a property. That is the only thing that will stand in court.

5.4MarkVIII
07-11-2022, 10:04 AM
Great, dealer ordering system down Friday / Saturday, now backed up to the moon which means part that normally takes 2 days won't reach us until Friday.................you suck Rogers.

Yep

ChickenLips
07-11-2022, 10:07 AM
An option but unnecessary cost.

Seems to be a common misconception that “if I run my lawn mower over this one foot stretch then your legal property becomes mine”

Not how the law works.

Everyone should have current surveys done every time they buy a property. That is the only thing that will stand in court.

the new dude needs to realize trimming the hedge and other chores aren't going to get him laid.

mavrrrick
07-11-2022, 05:09 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220711/0605483742b459924f9a6b00e5a6c5c6.jpg

92redragtop
07-12-2022, 01:05 AM

All you need now is for them to turn out to be nudists....

5.4MarkVIII
07-12-2022, 12:48 PM
So was suppose to be going camping with the wife and kids and my youngest brothers family. Probably cancelling due to a few things. Like work being crazy, my brother we are suppose to go with, his dog had an accident on the weekend and broke a leg. Had major surgery yesterday. My older brothers step son was killed and funerals are this weeks. Oh and my mother in law was just admitted to the hospital yesterday and undergoing a bunch of tests to figure out what’s going on.

So just wondering the politically correct response for a customer who’s fridge is acting up and is yelling about getting there sooner becasie they have family coming for holiday and then don’t want the fridge to ruin their holiday. Because walking to the fridge in their garage would be too much of an inconvenience. And “I need to do more to get them looked after sooner.”

ChickenLips
07-12-2022, 06:12 PM
So was suppose to be going camping with the wife and kids and my youngest brothers family. Probably cancelling due to a few things. Like work being crazy, my brother we are suppose to go with, his dog had an accident on the weekend and broke a leg. Had major surgery yesterday. My older brothers step son was killed and funerals are this weeks. Oh and my mother in law was just admitted to the hospital yesterday and undergoing a bunch of tests to figure out what’s going on.

So just wondering the politically correct response for a customer who’s fridge is acting up and is yelling about getting there sooner becasie they have family coming for holiday and then don’t want the fridge to ruin their holiday. Because walking to the fridge in their garage would be too much of an inconvenience. And “I need to do more to get them looked after sooner.”

the customer doesn't give a shit about your troubles.

ZR
07-12-2022, 06:57 PM
Peeps have invented a whole new level of selfishness.

mavrrrick
07-12-2022, 07:01 PM
Best bumper sticker I’ve seen-the more people I meet the more I like my dog…. Is fitting .

5.4MarkVIII
07-12-2022, 08:12 PM
the customer doesn't give a shit about your troubles.

honestly i dont really expect them to. its a business and they only care about the service. i get it. but if they want to be dick its a two way street. and i dont need to give e shit about their troubles either. lol. i will get to them as scheduled when parts show up.

92redragtop
07-12-2022, 08:18 PM

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like a lot going on and stress all around.

ChickenLips
07-12-2022, 08:23 PM
Peeps have invented a whole new level of selfishness.

Acting out of self interest is a feature, not a bug otherwise we'd all be extinct. I'd suggest what manifests as selfishness is short sightedness. Acting shitty in the now and not expecting future repercussions. If you know you'll need help from another in the future you won't act shitty in the now. Repercussions from others can be in the form of, a deity, the authorities, karma or whatever.

Scrape
07-12-2022, 09:03 PM
Oh no. So sorry to hear about your loss and the trials and tribulations.

ZR
07-12-2022, 11:31 PM
Sorry to hear, better days ahead.

ZR
07-14-2022, 06:14 PM
Covid pricing on toy cars n trucks..................we all know Covid brought pricing to da moon n beyond for toys of all kinds, hell even daily drivers went crazy. Well the bubble has burst, get a kick outta adds where seller thinks it's still "a thing". Reality is rearing it's ugly head, for those that bought at the height of all this insanity, the fall is gonna be a hair unpleasant.
JMO

ChickenLips
07-14-2022, 06:27 PM
Covid pricing on toy cars n trucks..................we all know Covid brought pricing to da moon n beyond for toys of all kinds, hell even daily drivers went crazy. Well the bubble has burst, get a kick outta adds where seller thinks it's still "a thing". Reality is rearing it's ugly head, for those that bought at the height of all this insanity, the fall is gonna be a hair unpleasant.
JMO

all discretionary money got spent, now inflation is hitting home.

ZR
07-14-2022, 10:03 PM
I'm thinking many have spent the bank and then some.

xeninworx
07-16-2022, 11:56 AM
Sister-in-law from Montreal is in town. Took her for a ride in the Mustang. She loved it.

redo75
07-16-2022, 04:47 PM
Is she the pizza maker??
Should have given us a heads up a little sooner.

xeninworx
07-16-2022, 05:38 PM
Is she the pizza maker??
Should have given us a heads up a little sooner.

lol, yeah she’s the pizza maker.

RedSN
07-16-2022, 06:47 PM
Enjoy the 32C weather next week folks!
I’m off to Aruba! …where it’s only going to be 31C.

mavrrrick
07-16-2022, 11:03 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220717/833189cad12cf6fca27fc922e19b8d6b.jpg

ChickenLips
07-18-2022, 12:28 PM
Saudi Arabia has doubled it's imports of Russian oil. Canada imports from SA.

Tax me harder daddy

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/exclusive-saudi-arabia-doubles-q2-russian-fuel-oil-imports-power-generation-2022-07-14/

5.4MarkVIII
07-19-2022, 09:51 PM
You know that feeling when the spring clip goes sproing. And you hear it whistle by your ear and then it’s gone forever?

Yeah. So anyone happen to have a spring clip for the limit adjuster on the start peddle of a 1935 Plymouth.

No?

Yeah me either.

ZR
07-19-2022, 10:05 PM
Rebuilding pedals on a '66 fastback today, know exactly what yer talking about but.............................had an extra clip in my box of junk.

ChickenLips
07-20-2022, 07:35 AM
I've become pretty adept at search and destroy. Narrow beam flashlight parallel to the floor works pretty well.

Stephen06GT
07-20-2022, 07:35 PM
I hear BMW is going to charge a subscription fee to use the heated seats in certain models of their cars. It’s definitely not working for their turn signals.

ZR
07-21-2022, 07:28 AM
^ LOL

mavrrrick
07-21-2022, 02:25 PM
Anyone have a couple of rims with tires on them that would fit a 11 GT500? Just need them for a couple of days while my rim is getting repaired. Won't be driving with them, just to keep car as a roller instead of leaving on jack stands. Any help would be appreciated.

5.4MarkVIII
07-21-2022, 05:17 PM
Anyone have a couple of rims with tires on them that would fit a 11 GT500? Just need them for a couple of days while my rim is getting repaired. Won't be driving with them, just to keep car as a roller instead of leaving on jack stands. Any help would be appreciated.

Make sure you write SHELBY on them LOL

5.4MarkVIII
07-21-2022, 08:51 PM
thought I was gonna get a test fire today on the Plymouth. just needed spark plugs. got busy at work and forgot to grab some. decided to zip down to Canadian trash after supper but then got a text from the sister in law. they need to borrow the tractor and were gonna grab it tomorrow but decided they wanted it today. so rushed home to get the stuff on they needed and get it cleaned up. waited around for two hours and then got a text. sorry got busy will get it tomorrow. look at the clock. Canadian trash closed. annoyed face.

ChickenLips
07-21-2022, 09:32 PM
thought I was gonna get a test fire today on the Plymouth. just needed spark plugs. got busy at work and forgot to grab some. decided to zip down to Canadian trash after supper but then got a text from the sister in law. they need to borrow the tractor and were gonna grab it tomorrow but decided they wanted it today. so rushed home to get the stuff on they needed and get it cleaned up. waited around for two hours and then got a text. sorry got busy will get it tomorrow. look at the clock. Canadian trash closed. annoyed face.

this is why hard liquor exists.

mavrrrick
07-22-2022, 08:21 AM
Just a thanks to Ed for getting my A/C decal for me in record time. Thanks a million Ed!!!

mavrrrick
07-22-2022, 05:55 PM

Nobody?

RedSN
07-22-2022, 08:06 PM
No spare tire in a Shelby?

xeninworx
07-23-2022, 06:06 AM

Not one that fits the Brembos.

mavrrrick
07-23-2022, 07:17 AM

They don’t come with spares.

mavrrrick
07-23-2022, 08:46 AM
Well…. Found solution…. Dropping whole car off instead of just rim.

Zippy
07-23-2022, 08:50 AM
They don’t come with spares.

Are you 4 or 6 piston? If you're 4 piston, I bet the s550 spare 19inch with a small spacer would probably fit on the front. That's what I use for a spare for my car.

mavrrrick
07-23-2022, 08:56 AM
Spoke with rim repair shop…bringing car and leaving it there. Will store inside while they have it.

5.4MarkVIII
07-23-2022, 09:08 AM
glad you got it figured. i got lots of spare rims but all my stuff is junk nothing that would fit around the kinda brakes your running

mavrrrick
07-23-2022, 03:01 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220723/114e4c2ee6faf21d0e68ee8ecb783076.jpg

WTF happened here!!!! Lol

ChickenLips
07-23-2022, 03:37 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220723/114e4c2ee6faf21d0e68ee8ecb783076.jpg

WTF happened here!!!! Lol

feminism. Women would rather work for a man that doesn't care about them than stay home for a man that does

ChickenLips
07-23-2022, 03:48 PM
I had a “start the car, start the car” moment at Princess Auto yesterday.

4-5 years ago I bought three variable speed 8” bench grinders. My intention was to make a polishing station with six different buffs. I finally got around to trying one of them out. At 1/3 HP it was gutless and it died within a week. I put back in the box and brought all three back to Princess. I told the guy I remember paying about $50-60 each and it was several years ago on a now dead credit card.

They’re no longer carried in inventory and he couldn’t find the transaction via my phone #. He gave me a $500 store credit, the value of the next closest grinders he could find. He did hear me when I said I paid $50-60.

5.4MarkVIII
07-23-2022, 06:30 PM
I had a “start the car, start the car” moment at Princess Auto yesterday.

4-5 years ago I bought three variable speed 8” bench grinders. My intention was to make a polishing station with six different buffs. I finally got around to trying one of them out. At 1/3 HP it was gutless and it died within a week. I put back in the box and brought all three back to Princess. I told the guy I remember paying about $50-60 each and it was several years ago on a now dead credit card.

They’re no longer carried in inventory and he couldn’t find the transaction via my phone #. He gave me a $500 store credit, the value of the next closest grinders he could find. He did hear me when I said I paid $50-60.

this is why small business cant compete. just give the consumer what ever they want. leads to shit paying jobs with untrained employees who don't know and don't care. feels good now. but we are currently reaping the rewards of this type of customer/business contracts. just my opinion.

ChickenLips
07-23-2022, 09:55 PM
this is why small business cant compete. just give the consumer what ever they want. leads to shit paying jobs with untrained employees who don't know and don't care. feels good now. but we are currently reaping the rewards of this type of customer/business contracts. just my opinion.

can't argue with your point. I will say the customer service guy understood what he was doing, this wasn't incompetence. You can say it was customer retention via the means he had available, or maybe I was just easy to deal with instead of the typical barking dissatisfied customers (I was friendly, co-operative and persuasive).

I do recognize the products offered by Princess are typically very low quality. The rebuttal to that is "offer high quality" but there are numerous examples of the general public opting for cheap over quality. MP3's over vinyl or CD's, Ikea over hand crafted etc.

The only real option I see is to be the only vendor within reasonable distance or you'll have to take on Bezo's, Princess, Ikea, etc. Either that or cultivate customer loyalty with the means you have available, which isn't always money.

5.4MarkVIII
07-24-2022, 09:16 PM
Seems to figure. Driest summer in a long time so I decide to restore the log siding on our house.

Now that it’s stripped and clean and all I have to do is set nails and strip caulking. Weather talks rain for days.

Old Fart
07-24-2022, 10:18 PM
Love watching Junkyard Gold!!

ZR
07-25-2022, 06:14 AM
Terrific show.

ChickenLips
07-25-2022, 11:56 AM
I just spent over an hour looking for rear seat fasteners. Couldn't find em anywhere, none of the bagged, labelled fasteners from disassembly, nowhere. Organized and cleaned up the shop as part of the search pattern. I just found the fasteners taped to the seats. Sometimes I hate myself.

ChickenLips
07-25-2022, 01:28 PM
Trudeau seeking to implement policy similar to that protested by Dutch farmers

https://thepostmillennial.com/trudeau-seeking-to-implement-policy-similar-to-that-protested-by-dutch-farmers

Now add in carbon tax and run away inflation to sweeten the deal. Do you like your meal of bugs salted or unsalted?

Scrape
07-26-2022, 07:37 AM
I absolutely hate Trudoh! He has to be the biggest fucking idiot of all time here in Canada. And YES that is how I really feel.

https://thepostmillennial.com/trudeau-seeking-to-implement-policy-similar-to-that-protested-by-dutch-farmers

Now add in carbon tax and run away inflation to sweeten the deal. Do you like your meal of bugs salted or unsalted?

ChickenLips
07-26-2022, 12:46 PM

apparently your cricket flour chips are salted

Canadian snack foods now made with CRICKETS as primary ingredient

https://thepostmillennial.com/canadian-snack-foods-now-made-with-crickets-as-primary-ingredient?utm_campaign=64483

1BAD92LX
07-26-2022, 02:56 PM
Soft foam steering wheel covers in customers cars are the grossest things I’ve ever touched. And I have kids.

Laffs
07-26-2022, 03:15 PM
apparently your cricket flour chips are salted

Canadian snack foods now made with CRICKETS as primary ingredient

https://thepostmillennial.com/canadian-snack-foods-now-made-with-crickets-as-primary-ingredient?utm_campaign=64483

Crickets are common as a food in some Asian and Latin American regions.

RedSN
07-26-2022, 04:04 PM
We built the steel for the facility in London. The plant is huge.
I can only imagine how loud it must be inside with that many crickets.

https://i.cbc.ca/1.6506861.1656600185!/fileImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/original_1180/cricket-processing-facility.jpg

92redragtop
07-26-2022, 05:00 PM
Crickets are common as a food in some Asian and Latin American regions.

Yup - this is a thing for as long as we've been around. And they've been using insects here for decades as food colouring so all of us have consumed them...even in beer.

Click baity media.

ChickenLips
07-26-2022, 05:29 PM
https://youtu.be/f4H26SWXtwI?t=427

mavrrrick
07-27-2022, 03:20 PM
Shout out to Leprecon Wheel Repair and Restoration AGAIN for an awesome job and quick turnaround time!! Thanks guys!!
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220727/cf8c572addcbb4ecbf10855b5e61d1f4.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220727/5a3bc6348e89915e89920b46f087c7e4.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220727/4955e06e29f5b993585234a01ff3efa1.jpg

ChickenLips
07-27-2022, 05:02 PM
Yup - this is a thing for as long as we've been around. And they've been using insects here for decades as food colouring so all of us have consumed them...even in beer.

Click baity media.

post your favorite bug recipes.

I'm probably jumping the gun on bug eating, there's a lot of fat pets to consume first.

Scrape
07-27-2022, 05:45 PM
Glad to hear it all worked out well for you. I used them many years ago and had great luck with them.
Shout out to Leprecon Wheel Repair and Restoration AGAIN for an awesome job and quick turnaround time!! Thanks guys!!
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220727/cf8c572addcbb4ecbf10855b5e61d1f4.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220727/5a3bc6348e89915e89920b46f087c7e4.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220727/4955e06e29f5b993585234a01ff3efa1.jpg

Scrape
07-27-2022, 05:46 PM
Agreed!

I'm probably jumping the gun on bug eating, there's a lot of fat pets to consume first.

RedSN
07-27-2022, 08:56 PM

Already lots of bug parts in all baked goods. So you go ahead and keep eating dog instead of bread.

92redragtop
07-27-2022, 09:31 PM
Already lots of bug parts in all baked goods. So you go ahead and keep eating dog instead of bread.

Yup, there has historically been a percentage of insect content allowed in packaged (cans, bags, boxes, etc) and manufactured food. We have all eaten canned beans, tomatoes, etc with insect parts as well as bugs that got on the production line and mixed in with pasta, cereal, etc.

Also, if pets are family then isn't it better to start eating grandma or Aunty Karen first?

92redragtop
07-27-2022, 09:40 PM

92redragtop
07-27-2022, 09:41 PM

If you've ever eaten food with red food colouring (eg. red velvet cake, strawberry drinks, etc) or enjoyed a beer like a Stiegel Radler then you've "consumed" these guys. They kill them in hot water and crush the to get the red colour in foods that are not naturally red or red-ish. At least Stiegel has it in their ingredient list - most foods don't list them.

mavrrrick
07-27-2022, 10:28 PM
Yup, there has historically been a percentage of insect content allowed in packaged (cans, bags, boxes, etc) and manufactured food. We have all eaten canned beans, tomatoes, etc with insect parts as well as bugs that got on the production line and mixed in with pasta, cereal, etc.

Also, if pets are family then isn't it better to start eating grandma or Aunty Karen first?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mavrrrick
07-27-2022, 10:29 PM
^^^dammit….sneezed again!!!^^^

ChickenLips
07-28-2022, 08:15 AM

Swedish scientist says humans should become cannibals to fight climate change because eating human flesh is more 'sustainable' than the meat industry

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7443707/Swedish-scientist-says-humans-cannibals-fight-climate-change.html

5.4MarkVIII
07-28-2022, 09:42 AM
I don’t understand the point to the arguments here. Someone says I don’t want to eat crickets and the argument is well there is bugs in other things, so eat crickets?

Yes people around the world eat bugs. Historically Largely because there isn’t enough other protein to feed them.

People around the world also eat cats. And horse. Dose that mean we should all line up for a massive cat farm. Or should we just all continue to eat what we want?

Laffs
07-28-2022, 09:58 AM
I don’t understand the point to the arguments here. Someone says I don’t want to eat crickets and the argument is well there is bugs in other things, so eat crickets?

Yes people around the world eat bugs. Historically Largely because there isn’t enough other protein to feed them.

People around the world also eat cats. And horse. Dose that mean we should all line up for a massive cat farm. Or should we just all continue to eat what we want?

No argument is don't sensationalize it like it's a completely unfathomable occurrence as insects in food has been going on for a long time even here. Last part of your statement I think is agreeable to everyone as yea I'm not going to line up for cricket crisps but also I don't give two shits if someone wants to employee people to make them.

5.4MarkVIII
07-28-2022, 10:26 AM
No argument is don't sensationalize it like it's a completely unfathomable occurrence as insects in food has been going on for a long time even here. Last part of your statement I think is agreeable to everyone as yea I'm not going to line up for cricket crisps but also I don't give two shits if someone wants to employee people to make them.

Okay I can get that. But there IS groups right now advocating for ending beef consumption in favour of things like crickets. When does it step from sensationalization to just sharing facts?

ChickenLips
07-28-2022, 10:31 AM
accidental inclusion versus intentional consumption = same same. Move along.

limiting cannibalism to Grandma and Aunt Karen seems kinda sexist

5.4MarkVIII
07-28-2022, 10:45 AM
I don’t think beef is going anywhere. Cricket people are just seeing a market and providing something some people want.

ChickenLips
07-28-2022, 10:57 AM
I don’t think beef is going anywhere. Cricket people are just seeing a market and providing something some people want.

https://www.totallyveganbuzz.com/news/justin-trudeau-invested-plant-based-food/

https://torontosun.com/news/national/trudeau-pushes-ahead-on-fertilizer-reduction-as-provinces-and-farmers-cry-foul

5.4MarkVIII
07-28-2022, 11:40 AM
https://www.totallyveganbuzz.com/news/justin-trudeau-invested-plant-based-food/

https://torontosun.com/news/national/trudeau-pushes-ahead-on-fertilizer-reduction-as-provinces-and-farmers-cry-foul

Didn’t say they aren’t trying. The green movement for years has been saying we need to stop eating beef. I still don’t think it will happen. Too many people are wise to the bs.

The government is too stupid to realize the idiocy of pushing to plant based while simultaneously restricting fertilizer usage.

Laffs
07-28-2022, 11:54 AM
Okay I can get that. But there IS groups right now advocating for ending beef consumption in favour of things like crickets. When does it step from sensationalization to just sharing facts?

Was any of that happening here?

ChickenLips
07-28-2022, 12:31 PM

Quick Dick has an entertaining thumb on the pulse in this clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMG4kuEN_kM

my personal opinion is that much like testing for capitol gains on primary residence, these are opening moves.

can I have a cookie, no
can I have a cookie, no
can I have a cookie, okay , just shut up.
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1140810839781548

5.4MarkVIII
07-28-2022, 12:35 PM

Was there support for eating bugs? It would appear so.

Are topics off limits if they aren’t actively being discussed?

5.4MarkVIII
07-28-2022, 12:37 PM
my personal opinion is that much like testing for capitol gains on primary residence, these are opening moves.

]

With any luck it will
Motivate people to get out and vote.

92redragtop
07-28-2022, 03:54 PM
limiting cannibalism to Grandma and Aunt Karen seems kinda sexist

Point taken.

Titanium90
07-28-2022, 04:06 PM
With any luck it will
Motivate people to get out and vote.

There are a lot of people that can't wait to vote this SOB and his corrupt regime out. Blackface will go down as the worst vermin in Canadian history.

5.4MarkVIII
07-28-2022, 05:40 PM
There are a lot of people that can't wait to vote this SOB and his corrupt regime out. Blackface will go down as the worst vermin in Canadian history.

That’s what I thought last time around. Lol

hammerhead
07-29-2022, 01:05 PM
i hope people don't all the crickets —cause I like frog legs

hammerhead
07-29-2022, 01:32 PM

he reminds me of that instigator in a hockey game that turtles in the corners and I think I will go cross country skiing in Quebec somewhere this winter and a hockey game will break out...

hammerhead
07-29-2022, 01:33 PM

he reminds me of that instigator in a hockey game that turtles in the corners and I think I will go cross country skiing in Quebec somewhere this winter and a hockey game will break out...

ChickenLips
07-30-2022, 12:54 PM
Was there support for eating bugs? It would appear so.

Are topics off limits if they aren’t actively being discussed?

who's easier to control, a hungry population of a fed population?

Animal trainers keep compliance through hunger

hammerhead
07-31-2022, 03:59 PM
Frog legs are like cricket concentrate — beef is Grass concentrate

hammerhead
07-31-2022, 03:59 PM
Frog legs are like cricket concentrate — beef is Grass concentrate

ChickenLips
07-31-2022, 05:34 PM
petroleum is ancient solar energy

hammerhead
07-31-2022, 07:37 PM
Yah —I wouldn’t invest that

hammerhead
08-01-2022, 01:21 PM
been counting calories - sugar - and saturated fat since my last doctor visit —thank god for apps, not sure this would have been easy not too long ago —having trouble getting enough calories by watching sugar intake and saturated fats to keep cholesterol in check—looking forward to a visit to a nutritionist —I think this app is geared toward cutting out carbs and I struggle with that making it difficult to reach enough daily calories —far fewer aches and pains since I cut out processed sugar (even in coffee) but I think I bonked for a few days and reach for a Pepsi (41 grams of sugar) 1/2 the daily allowance set out in the app —thought the sugar level may have been to low —It's quite a challenge

ChickenLips
08-01-2022, 01:49 PM
been counting calories - sugar - and saturated fat since my last doctor visit —thank god for apps, not sure this would have been easy not too long ago —having trouble getting enough calories by watching sugar intake and saturated fats to keep cholesterol in check—looking forward to a visit to a nutritionist —I think this app is geared toward cutting out carbs and I struggle with that making it difficult to reach enough daily calories —far fewer aches and pains since I cut out processed sugar (even in coffee) but I think I bonked for a few days and reach for a Pepsi (41 grams of sugar) 1/2 the daily allowance set out in the app —thought the sugar level may have been to low —It's quite a challenge

Try a piece of fruit. I find apples to be a quick blast of energy and they travel well. better'n processed sugar. I use stevia as a sweetener for my coffee. It took several brands before I found an acceptable one, they're not all the same. No calories and natural source, unlike cancerpartame.

IMO your fear of saturated fats is unfounded. The "no fat" culture of the 80/90's sure produced a lot of fat people. Fats from seed oils are another matter, they belong in the industrial lubricant category.

hammerhead
08-01-2022, 02:03 PM
Try a piece of fruit. I find apples to be a quick blast of energy and they travel well. better'n processed sugar. I use stevia as a sweetener for my coffee. It took several brands before I found an acceptable one, they're not all the same. No calories and natural source, unlike cancerpartame.

IMO your fear of saturated fats is unfounded. The "no fat" culture of the 80/90's sure produced a lot of fat people. Fats from seed oils are another matter, they belong in the industrial lubricant category.

the app separates the fats it's useful once the product is scanned in - I get lots of fat but very little saturated and mono unsaturated —all my sugar thus far for the past two weeks or so aside that pepsi was a from fruit and veggies and nuts —not a fan of sweetners —think I just need to learn more about food and the nutritionist I hope will blaze the trail but I'm truly amazed by the fact that the pain I've had forever has almost completely gone and here was a few days I felt 29 again —haven't had a drink in over a year and I think coffee be gone soon too —its a challenge to eat out of the comfort zone

ChickenLips
08-01-2022, 02:12 PM
the app separates the fats it's useful once the product is scanned in - I get lots of fat but very little saturated and mono unsaturated —all my sugar thus far for the past two weeks or so aside that pepsi was a from fruit and veggies and nuts —not a fan of sweetners —think I just need to learn more about food and the nutritionist I hope will blaze the trail but I'm truly amazed by the fact that the pain I've had forever has almost completely gone and here was a few days I felt 29 again —haven't had a drink in over a year and I think coffee be gone soon too —its a challenge to eat out of the comfort zone

coffee is where I draw the line, I derive too much pleasure from it.

Splitting out fats, proteins and carbs is how you achieve your macro's, the correct balance of each component. Separating them out doesn't indicate bad. Animal fats are saturated fats, we evolved to eat animals, not margarine.

hammerhead
08-01-2022, 02:22 PM
coffee is where I draw the line, I derive too much pleasure from it.

Splitting out fats, proteins and carbs is how you achieve your macro's, the correct balance of each component. Separating them out doesn't indicate bad. Animal fats are saturated fats, we evolved to eat animals, not margarine.

had a steak Saturday —has some saturated fat and some mono unsaturated but not a high count but has both —very high in calories tho but it can be planned with other foods consumed throughout the day, I believe very few carbs too so it's not that bad —margerine I won't eat either lol —carbs is definitely something I can't do without I think every body is different just need to nail down the right ones —the days of just stuffing food in my face without a thought are over was at a friends last night saying no thanks a lot...hahaha

ZR
08-02-2022, 08:34 AM
Tesla is taking some drastic steps to discourage restoring salvaged vehicles as it confirms that it will permanently disable Supercharging on those vehicles.<ins class="adsbygoogle author_ad" data-ad-host="ca-host-pub-5506057612223327" data-ad-client="ca-pub-4655152367470280" data-ad-format="auto" data-adsbygoogle-status="done" data-ad-status="filled" style="box-sizing: border-box; width: 336px; height: 280px; float: right; margin: 0px -105px 20px 20px; display: block;"><ins id="aswift_1_expand" tabindex="0" title="Advertisement" aria-label="Advertisement" style="box-sizing: border-box; border: none; height: 280px; width: 336px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; position: relative; visibility: visible; background-color: transparent; display: inline-table;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="box-sizing: border-box; border: none; height: 280px; width: 336px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; position: relative; visibility: visible; background-color: transparent; display: block; overflow: visible;"><iframe id="aswift_1" name="aswift_1" sandbox="allow-forms allow-popups allow-popups-to-escape-sandbox allow-same-origin allow-scripts allow-top-navigation-by-user-activation" width="336" height="280" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" src="https://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/ads?client=ca-pub-4655152367470280&output=html&h=280&adk=466652548&adf=694093520&w=336&fwrn=4&fwrnh=100&lmt=1659443614&rafmt=1&psa=0&format=336x280&url=https%3A%2F%2Felectrek.co%2F2020%2F02%2F12%2Ft esla-disables-supercharging-salvaged-vehicles%2F&host=ca-host-pub-5506057612223327&fwr=0&rpe=1&resp_fmts=3&wgl=1&uach=WyJXaW5kb3dzIiwiMC4xLjAiLCJ4ODYiLCIiLCIxMDMuM C41MDYwLjEzNCIsW10sbnVsbCxudWxsLCI2NCIsW1siLk5vdC9 BKUJyYW5kIiwiOTkuMC4wLjAiXSxbIkdvb2dsZSBDaHJvbWUiL CIxMDMuMC41MDYwLjEzNCJdLFsiQ2hyb21pdW0iLCIxMDMuMC4 1MDYwLjEzNCJdXSxmYWxzZV0.&dt=1659443612090&bpp=11&bdt=1859&idt=1937&shv=r20220727&mjsv=m202207270101&ptt=9&saldr=aa&abxe=1&prev_fmts=0x0&nras=1&correlator=299018269085&frm=20&pv=1&ga_vid=918661755.1659443613&ga_sid=1659443613&ga_hid=174086638&ga_fc=1&u_tz=-240&u_his=32&u_h=1080&u_w=1920&u_ah=1052&u_aw=1920&u_cd=24&u_sd=1&dmc=8&adx=1096&ady=1157&biw=1904&bih=949&scr_x=0&scr_y=800&eid=44759875%2C44759926%2C44759842%2C44763505%2C31 068670%2C42531605%2C31067826&oid=2&pvsid=3635109204241422&tmod=234291334&uas=0&nvt=1&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F&eae=0&fc=1920&brdim=0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C1920%2C0%2C1920%2C1052%2C192 0%2C949&vis=1&rsz=%7C%7ClE%7C&abl=CS&pfx=0&fu=128&bc=31&ifi=2&uci=a!2&fsb=1&xpc=zCEcSqPTs9&p=https%3A//electrek.co&dtd=1948" data-google-container-id="a!2" data-google-query-id="CMKJl5mVqPkCFVmWAAAdg64PoQ" data-load-complete="true" style="box-sizing: border-box; max-width: 100%; left: 0px; position: absolute; top: 0px; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; width: 336px; height: 280px;"></iframe></ins></ins></ins>
Salvaging Tesla vehicles has become surprisingly popular thanks to YouTuber Rich Rebuilds and some businesses were built around it like Jason Hughes’ 057 Technology.
But Tesla has been known to discourage the practice at many levels, like making it hard to get parts or not provide vehicles with software updates.
Now the automaker is going a step further and confirmed that it will disable Supercharging and third-party fast-charging on all vehicles that have been declared “salvaged”.
A tipster sent Electrek a memo that Tesla sent to employees about updating its ‘Unsupported Vehicle Policy’ and it now includes the following line:

“Supercharging and/or ‘fast charging’ through 3rd party chargers of the Salvage-Titled vehicle is permanently disabled.”
That’s despite the fact that Tesla offers “salvage-titled vehicle high voltage safety inspection” to determine if the high-voltage components of a vehicle are safe.
Tesla added in the memo’s notes:

“Tesla reserves the right to deactivate Supercharging capability on any vehicle we believe would be unsafe. If a vehicle is found to have been modified to enable Supercharging and/or fast-charging through third parties, Tesla may take legal action and seek compensation.”
Also, Tesla notes that once a salvaged vehicle is listed as “unsupported” it cannot be changed.
It’s not all bad though. In the memo, Tesla has made official that they will support mobile app use for salvaged vehicles.
Electrek’s TakeI do understand the need to protect Superchargers against accidents for safety reasons, but I think a blanket Supercharger ban and even general third-party DC fast-charging ban is excessive.
If Tesla already has an inspection process, which it offers at a cost to salvaged vehicle owners, why not include an inspection of the systems involved in fast-charging to make sure everything is in order.

RedSN
08-02-2022, 10:23 AM
So, came down with the Covid this weekend. Great way to start a vacation. :mad:

Blackmare
08-02-2022, 10:33 AM
That sucks Don. Hope it's mild and you recover quickly.

mavrrrick
08-02-2022, 12:26 PM
That blows man!! Recover quick[emoji1695]!!

ZR
08-02-2022, 02:18 PM
Ditto on hope it's mild Don.

MUSTANGWOP
08-02-2022, 02:35 PM
Hoping a quick recovery and mild symptoms for you Don.

ZR
08-02-2022, 04:48 PM
Ditto on hope it's mild Don.

92redragtop
08-02-2022, 04:51 PM
Sorry to hear Don - hope it's mild.

Zippy
08-02-2022, 04:52 PM

is it bad that my first thought was you can now finish your car?
Feel better dude!!!!

hsousa88
08-02-2022, 05:48 PM
Ok so when there’s no more beef.. can I grow cows in my backyard?

RedSN
08-02-2022, 05:58 PM
^^^how many acres is your backyard?

Scrape
08-02-2022, 07:53 PM
Ouch. Sorry to hear. I hope it’s mild.

ChickenLips
08-03-2022, 08:07 AM

I had it a few weeks back, inconvenient is how I'd describe my experience, nothing more.

IMO the current, more innocuous variants are suffering from a marketing problem. I lost 5 lbs due to loss of appetite. If marketed as a weight loss bug it'd get more favorable reviews. Sort of like Maria Callas purposely eating a tapeworm.

I treated my Covid with NeoCitron and tequila, not a booster.

ZR
08-03-2022, 04:10 PM
https://images.twnmm.com/c55i45ef3o2a/NQfcEtmTf92ARYv3KyowO/76f32ecf09e0b49f5211180713fab917/TorWatch__1_.jpg?w=680&q=10&fm=jpg

RedSN
08-03-2022, 04:16 PM
Worse yet, tornado warning along the bay

https://images.twnmm.com/c55i45ef3o2a/7gH0JdNexabYzj01TOANAi/51cd6c6992e47104a64dbf7568427330/TorWarn__1_.jpg?w=680&fm=jpg
Owen Sound - Blue Mountains - Northern Grey County

hammerhead
08-03-2022, 04:18 PM
Worse yet, tornado warning along the bay

https://images.twnmm.com/c55i45ef3o2a/7gH0JdNexabYzj01TOANAi/51cd6c6992e47104a64dbf7568427330/TorWarn__1_.jpg?w=680&fm=jpg

the High Commander is on the beach was sending pics earlier today

5.4MarkVIII
08-03-2022, 04:24 PM
https://images.twnmm.com/c55i45ef3o2a/NQfcEtmTf92ARYv3KyowO/76f32ecf09e0b49f5211180713fab917/TorWatch__1_.jpg?w=680&q=10&fm=jpg

Fake news. No one would make a map and actually put Hensall on it.

ChickenLips
08-03-2022, 04:27 PM
I assume you all got the alert yesterday for an abducted child. No physical description of the child or abductor. What's the point of issuing an alert with no means to identify the victim/perp.

5.4MarkVIII
08-03-2022, 04:29 PM
It was raining like mad in goderich. So hard all the old drivers slowed down to 10 and put on their 4 ways.

Pulled into a new subdivision still under development to look at a problem stove. And it was absolute pandemonium. The dirt piled up behind a set of brand new homes was directing all the rain back at the houses. About ten houses guys where running like mad with extensions for the sumps. Shop vacs. And digging like crazy trying to re direct the water

5.4MarkVIII
08-03-2022, 04:30 PM
I assume you all got the alert yesterday for an abducted child. No physical description of the child or abductor. What's the point of issuing an alert with no means to identify the victim/perp.

The police report was on Facebook asking for the public assistance in the am.
The amber alert didnt come threw untill the afternoon and 15 min after I got the alert the social media update said she was found. Safe.

I assume a screw up with the amber alert reporting

hammerhead
08-03-2022, 04:41 PM
never got the alert but heard about it...?

ChickenLips
08-03-2022, 04:51 PM
The police report was on Facebook asking for the public assistance in the am.
The amber alert didnt come threw untill the afternoon and 15 min after I got the alert the social media update said she was found. Safe.

I assume a screw up with the amber alert reporting

my point is the body shaming, racist, bigots etc prevent any form of identification. If an alert is issued for a criminal or victim, how do you recognize them without a description? Issuing an alert is pointless as far as asking for public health and becomes a political virtue signaling alert.

5.4MarkVIII
08-03-2022, 05:19 PM
my point is the body shaming, racist, bigots etc prevent any form of identification. If an alert is issued for a criminal or victim, how do you recognize them without a description? Issuing an alert is pointless as far as asking for public health and becomes a political virtue signaling alert.

The alert I got gave a description. And her picture was on the police report circling SM.

5.4MarkVIII
08-03-2022, 05:21 PM
Hang on to your britches gents. We have some of the hardest rain I have ever seen and lots of localized flooding.

Don’t look like it’s gonna end any time soon. So far have not heard or seen any hail or tornadoes.

ZR
08-03-2022, 05:32 PM
Be safe.

xeninworx
08-05-2022, 07:10 AM
So I got gum graft surgery done yesterday. They took tissue from the roof of my mouth and grafted it to my 2 front teeth on my jaw as my gums were receding. The dentist froze my mouth so I didn’t feel a thing. After the freezing wore off the pain set in. Good thing they prescribed pain killers for me.

ZR
08-05-2022, 07:38 AM
Hope you heal quickly.

Scrape
08-05-2022, 08:21 AM
That does not sound like fun KC. Hope you heal quickly.

xeninworx
08-05-2022, 10:26 AM
Thanks. Less pain today. Still taking the pain killers though as it hurts when I talk or move my lower lip. I have a plastic retainer to cover my top teeth and roof of my mouth until the roof heals. Can’t bite using front teeth which makes it very awkward and chewing with this plastic thing also awkward. Can only eat soft foods at room temperature.

ChickenLips
08-05-2022, 01:37 PM
aside from my teenage years, I'm not a 4:20 guy.

I had a painful surgery and the meds were ineffective. A friend supplied me with a few of his "cookies". Very effective.

hammerhead
08-05-2022, 10:44 PM
aside from my teenage years, I'm not a 4:20 guy.

I had a painful surgery and the meds were ineffective. A friend supplied me with a few of his "cookies". Very effective.

I remember —o a long time ago smoking some oil (honey) during lunch on split class —long story short the teacher sent me home —got home and mom said “what’s going on?” —teacher sent me home not feeling well. Ate two subs (which was weird there was two subs at my home) then had a nice long afternoon nap…lol and when I think back and look at today —mother fucker I was and angel…! And honey oil wtf.

mavrrrick
08-06-2022, 06:28 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220806/ffac9772c28ff154ef0e877e93960a1a.jpg

Scrape
08-08-2022, 08:32 AM
I live on the ground floor in a condominium in the Greater Toronto Area and have been dealing with a lot of water backing up into our unit. These kitchen stacks are supposed to be cleaned at least every six months clearly from this video there is a ton of pressure on these clamps. There is easily $35,000 damage done to my unit as well as the condo itself. The property manager and condo board will be held accountable for all this as this problem went on for 2 days without a proper fix as they claimed that there was no plumbers available to come in to repair this. So damn pissed off. I will be in contact with a lawyer, CMRAO (Condominium Management Regulatory Authority of Ontario, Pro House who manages our condo and not to mention my Insurance company as well. Condo life sucks ass to be honest.

https://youtube.com/shorts/b2XYp-4b2-Y?feature=share

https://youtube.com/shorts/uDzaGEZ8IzU?feature=share

5.4MarkVIII
08-08-2022, 09:24 AM
I live on the ground floor in a condominium in the Greater Toronto Area and have been dealing with a lot of water backing up into our unit. These kitchen stacks are supposed to be cleaned at least every six months clearly from this video there is a ton of pressure on these clamps. There is easily $35,000 damage done to my unit as well as the condo itself. The property manager and condo board will be held accountable for all this as this problem went on for 2 days without a proper fix as they claimed that there was no plumbers available to come in to repair this. So damn pissed off. I will be in contact with a lawyer, CMRAO (Condominium Management Regulatory Authority of Ontario, Pro House who manages our condo and not to mention my Insurance company as well. Condo life sucks ass to be honest.

That bites. Can you have someone come fix the leak and then send them the bill?

Zee
08-08-2022, 10:58 AM

We went through a flood last year. I live in a stacked townhome, we've got a rooftop terrace. The membrane on the floor had a pin hole leak which got bigger some how during the winter and caused a massive leak... 2 floors had damages, we had to live in a home with ceilings and walls cut out.
They did a half assed job fixing it. We ended up paying 6k out of pocket.

bluetoy
08-08-2022, 11:03 AM
That is some sketchy plumbing with all those cheap patches (those aren't really clamps) on the pipes.

Scrape
08-08-2022, 03:00 PM
Here is the update from the plumbers. Apparently it was a clog that is located in the garage which is the root cause. Also the slopes on the pipes are wrong. Not sure how they can fix it but they said they will try their best. So the rubber on the clamps were bad as well which caused the leak here but the root cause of this stems from the angle of the pipe which caused the clog pipe.

That bites. Can you have someone come fix the leak and then send them the bill?

ChickenLips
08-08-2022, 04:15 PM
most condo boards are staffed with non trades people. As such they don't care about infrastructure but prefer to decorate common spaces. If you campaign for infrastructure you get voted off the island.

Politics on a small scale.

Scrape
08-08-2022, 04:52 PM
I agree. They know shit about anything.
most condo boards are staffed with non trades people. As such they don't care about infrastructure but prefer to decorate common spaces. If you campaign for infrastructure you get voted off the island.

RedSN
08-08-2022, 05:38 PM

That’s not an accurate statement at all. While condo boards are made of members that may not know the intricacies of infrastructure, they certainly care about it. That’s why the condo act requires them by law to hire and conduct engineering surveys and reports.

As with everything, there are some condo boards that are better/worse than others. But don’t paint them all with the same wide brush.

ZR
08-08-2022, 05:43 PM
^ Dealt with a bunch of different boards in a previous business, not a single one I interacted with made a decision that wasn't based on cheapest n fastest.

5.4MarkVIII
08-08-2022, 06:12 PM
Only really delt with a handful on new builds. After that problems were the customers. Not one good experience yet. As cheap as possible. As quick at possible and anytime there is an issue. They throw you under the bus to the customer.

ChickenLips
08-08-2022, 06:50 PM
That’s not an accurate statement at all. While condo boards are made of members that may not know the intricacies of infrastructure, they certainly care about it. That’s why the condo act requires them by law to hire and conduct engineering surveys and reports.

As with everything, there are some condo boards that are better/worse than others. But don’t paint them all with the same wide brush.

As with everything, there's exceptions. I prefer to base my predicative framework around the majority.

Zee
08-09-2022, 08:39 AM

Completely agree. They also get massive kick backs from companies, who I found out purposely inflate their quotes.
My old condo and the current townhome are managed by Times, they're awful.
They're trying to force me to pay for valve work in the HVAC system in the condo when it should be covered by the almost $500 maintenance fee. It was found that the valves they had initially installed were faulty - so why are the residents on the hook?

ChickenLips
08-09-2022, 08:55 AM
The old government corruption model was a bridge costs 100M, construction company charges 120M. 20M to graft, but the public gets an expensive bridge.

New corruption model is do a bridge study for 100M, no bridge but expensive report to take up hard drive space.

Pay attention to condo board "study requests".

ChickenLips
08-09-2022, 09:07 AM
RCMP officials also confirmed that in some cases they’re able to turn on cellphone microphones or cameras to listen covertly.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/marco-mendicino-defends-rcmps-use-of-spyware-says-rigorous-protections-are-in-place

hammerhead
08-09-2022, 12:13 PM
Here is the update from the plumbers. Apparently it was a clog that is located in the garage which is the root cause. Also the slopes on the pipes are wrong. Not sure how they can fix it but they said they will try their best. So the rubber on the clamps were bad as well which caused the leak here but the root cause of this stems from the angle of the pipe which caused the clog pipe.

My mom 80 yrs old lives in a very old condo, maybe built in the 70's —I'm trying to get her to leave just because of the costs have increased so much to maintain and someone has to pay —a few years ago they replaced a seal on the the toilet to stop water from coming into her bathroom —I advise her if it was leaking there it wouldn't be much of a leak and would only leak when it was flushed and ran out to the drain then it stop —her leak is a constant source —what professional would listen to an 80 year old lady so they replaced the drain seal on the toilet —the leak persisted. I took out some drywall around an access hole that led to the plumbing run for the entire building to show here and found a crack in a pipe within the walls —they came back and fixed it correctly or scabbed into it to repair and replaced drywall in two adjacent washrooms —the plumbing and the wiring in that building is a mess not to mention the money spent below ground —if the government enforces net zero all these buildings will cost tenants a lot of money on top of just patching them together....don't get me started on the elevators lol

ChickenLips
08-09-2022, 01:31 PM
Does the RCMP get targeted ads for a Masterclass offered by the FBI?

hammerhead
08-09-2022, 02:48 PM
I think having to deal with the MTO and manage an M.V.I.S. station is going to force me into early retirement before I get too old for my job. It's no wonder why doctors leave and nobody wants to be in any trade or have anything to do with a licensed working position —I'm not sure the government gets the point about over reach or over control or just plain over complication and maybe should have some recruits on the ground floor to see how inept they really are...

xeninworx
08-09-2022, 08:05 PM
Guys, you should take your Ferraris in for the brake fluid reservoir cap recall.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a40836459/ferrari-recall-possible-brake-failure/

ZR
08-09-2022, 10:15 PM
^ Old news, done last week.

Scrape
08-10-2022, 08:06 AM
Damn it. I had to pay to get mine replaced. Do you think I can go get my money back for diagnosis and for the part?

ZR
08-10-2022, 08:08 AM
At BMW.......................not so much.

ZR
08-10-2022, 08:08 AM
Things moving in right direction at home?

92redragtop
08-10-2022, 07:44 PM
Guys, you should take your Ferraris in for the brake fluid reservoir cap recall.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a40836459/ferrari-recall-possible-brake-failure/

I just run mine emtpy that way I don't have to worry about the level getting too low........

5.4MarkVIII
08-10-2022, 08:31 PM

I have this exact problem on my 35 Plymouth.

Zee
08-11-2022, 09:56 AM
I think having to deal with the MTO and manage an M.V.I.S. station is going to force me into early retirement before I get too old for my job. It's no wonder why doctors leave and nobody wants to be in any trade or have anything to do with a licensed working position —I'm not sure the government gets the point about over reach or over control or just plain over complication and maybe should have some recruits on the ground floor to see how inept they really are...

Its scary seeing the workplace shortages like in Government offices, doctors, nurses etc. One question I have is, where the hell are these people going after leaving their jobs? How are they affording this life? They cant all have sugar mommas and daddies.

ChickenLips
08-11-2022, 10:54 AM
Its scary seeing the workplace shortages like in Government offices, doctors, nurses etc. One question I have is, where the hell are these people going after leaving their jobs? How are they affording this life? They cant all have sugar mommas and daddies.

have you seen how much sugar is in public sector retirement plans?

hammerhead
08-11-2022, 10:56 AM

I'm finding this with older people close to retirement or there —I know three family doctors who still want to work but opted to retire because of government —I've read many doctors won't set up a practice because of government —I'm seeing a similarity in what I do in the trucking industry —I can't comment on young people but I think many have resorted to living with less and see no point because of market trends (housing eg.) —I also think the "everyone's a winner" notion many have been raised on is now coming to fruition but that's just my opinion. I have one of six and I don't think he will leave home —I don't get angry and just watch because I know he's up to something and I think he see's the future in a different mind set...he's just trying to piece it together privately tho —it's funny being a dad the kids never think that dad is watching in my case anyway...lol

ChickenLips
08-11-2022, 11:08 AM

https://michaelshellenberger.substack.com/p/green-elitism-behind-farmer-crackdowns30691

Zee
08-11-2022, 12:56 PM
https://michaelshellenberger.substack.com/p/green-elitism-behind-farmer-crackdowns30691

Do these idiots not see what's happening in Sri Lanka?

Zee
08-11-2022, 01:01 PM
I'm finding this with older people close to retirement or there —I know three family doctors who still want to work but opted to retire because of government —I've read many doctors won't set up a practice because of government —I'm seeing a similarity in what I do in the trucking industry —I can't comment on young people but I think many have resorted to living with less and see no point because of market trends (housing eg.) —I also think the "everyone's a winner" notion many have been raised on is now coming to fruition but that's just my opinion. I have one of six and I don't think he will leave home —I don't get angry and just watch because I know he's up to something and I think he see's the future in a different mind set...he's just trying to piece it together privately tho —it's funny being a dad the kids never think that dad is watching in my case anyway...lol

Thats awesome and kudo's to you for being an involved father having a watchful eye on your little ones.
The world needs more watchful fathers!

I understand some people close to retirement are opting to retire, but i'm talking about the younger folk 20yr olds and up... they're just completely absent. And the ones who I come across in many different sectors are entitled as hell and dont want to put in the work.
I guess those participation trophies really are paying dividends in society.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/898/443/36d.jpg

5.4MarkVIII
08-11-2022, 02:00 PM
Thats awesome and kudo's to you for being an involved father having a watchful eye on your little ones.

I understand some people close to retirement are opting to retire, but i'm talking about the younger folk 20yr olds and up... they're just completely absent. And the ones who I come across in many different sectors are entitled as hell and dont want to put in the work.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/898/443/36d.jpg

Personally I think we are seeing the result of decades worth of government mismanagement and political play coming to a head. My cousin is in the medical field. And stated years ago how the “ceo” of her hospital gained a 100k plus bonus for the year by coming in under budget. She came in under budget by closing a floor and limiting beds.

The blame for the closure fell on the government and not the ceo.

All we hear currently in Ontario is how it’s all fords fault. My Brother in law is a dr in Nova Scotia. They have the same problems there. Doug ford dosnt run things down there.

People don’t seem to grasp that ALL the government does is cut checks. Spending decisions happen at a different level.

In medical and most other government industries. (Education being a big one) we have seen years of bloated wages, hiring, and benefits into middle and upper management. But cuts to the actually people working.

These industries have become top heavy and more work never gets done by hiring more management.

ChickenLips
08-11-2022, 02:15 PM
Public sector workers have little incentive to be quick or efficient. Adding bureaucracy doesn't add incentive. More regulations don't add incentive.

ChickenLips
08-11-2022, 02:17 PM
for the conspiratorial minded here's a discussion on UN global command economy. centralization and control of the food supply

https://rwmalonemd.substack.com/p/if-you-control-the-food-supply-you?utm_source=email

mavrrrick
08-11-2022, 05:44 PM
Stupid question…. Are motorcraft filters good? I assume they are very good?

RedSN
08-11-2022, 06:32 PM
Only filter I use. Never had a problem.

xeninworx
08-11-2022, 06:51 PM
Same here. Bought a 12 pack.

mavrrrick
08-11-2022, 09:16 PM
Cool… neighbors brother ordered filters from Rock Auto and sent him wrong ones. Guess they said keep them and we’ll ship you right ones. The ones he got happen to be for my car and is giving me 5 of them. Sweeeeeet!

92redragtop
08-11-2022, 09:50 PM

Interesting negotiating with job seekers too - this week we were putting out an offer to someone (20-something) - they asked for $68K to $78K so we offered $73K, in the middle since they don't have experience in our industry (but have adjacent experience). They countered with $83K (huh?). We said we're offering $73K given their profile and they accepted. Possibly a retention risk but puzzling negotiation strategy.

hammerhead
08-11-2022, 10:02 PM
Interesting negotiating with job seekers too - this week we were putting out an offer to someone (20-something) - they asked for $68K to $78K so we offered $73K, in the middle since they don't have experience in our industry (but have adjacent experience). They countered with $83K (huh?). We said we're offering $73K given their profile and they accepted. Possibly a retention risk but puzzling negotiation strategy.

Is that salary and what’s the tax rate 35%…?

92redragtop
08-11-2022, 10:30 PM
Is that salary and what’s the tax rate 35%…?

Yes, salary. Not sure of total rate with ON tax but 2022 federal tax is:

15% on the first $50,197 of taxable income, plus
20.5% on the next $50,195 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over 50,197 up to $100,392)

Scrape
08-12-2022, 06:20 AM
BMW Charges a monthly fee for the cap to be on. Lol
At BMW.......................not so much.

Scrape
08-12-2022, 06:23 AM
Yes. Been a busy few days on the phone with insurance, contractors etc. The home dry once again and the fans were finally out so I can sleep once again.
Now time to decide on colours for flooring and paint.

Things moving in right direction at home?

xeninworx
08-12-2022, 06:48 AM
Well that’s one way to cook a burger.

https://www.bonappetit.com/trends/article/exhaust-burger/amp

ZR
08-12-2022, 07:49 AM
Positive news, good to hear Laurence.

Scrape
08-12-2022, 09:32 AM
Thank you kind sir.
Positive news, good to hear Laurence.

Laffs
08-12-2022, 10:12 AM
Gotta hand it to the guys, they're always finding new and inventive ways to fuck up small engines.

RedSN
08-12-2022, 10:22 AM
"customer states: idle is a little 'rag'ged"

ZR
08-12-2022, 10:48 AM
No air filter?

Laffs
08-12-2022, 11:42 AM
No air filter?

Came back with the filter and box on but what occurs on the roof is always a bit of a mystery.

My working theory is the thing was tipped on its side because they fuckin LOVE tipping things on their side, mixed oil and gas in the carb, wouldn't start so they pulled the carb off to hose it with brake clean (likely after feeding it a gallon of quick start as the rag smelled like a Bill Cosby party favor). They jammed the rag in the port to keep debris out while fiddle fucking it and then forgot to remove it before they slapped the carb back on.

I'll never know, either way after getting the rag out of the valve, reassembling and resetting lash this 340 lives to die another day. Now to go look at the float trailer the driver played with the slack adjusters on and promptly made a full 007 smoke show 5km from the yard.

hammerhead
08-12-2022, 12:26 PM
Came back with the filter and box on but what occurs on the roof is always a bit of a mystery.

My working theory is the thing was tipped on its side because they fuckin LOVE tipping things on their side, mixed oil and gas in the carb, wouldn't start so they pulled the carb off to hose it with brake clean (likely after feeding it a gallon of quick start as the rag smelled like a Bill Cosby party favor). They jammed the rag in the port to keep debris out while fiddle fucking it and then forgot to remove it before they slapped the carb back on.

I'll never know, either way after getting the rag out of the valve, reassembling and resetting lash this 340 lives to die another day. Now to go look at the float trailer the driver played with the slack adjusters on and promptly made a full 007 smoke show 5km from the yard.

ambitious driver to squeeze under a float...

ChickenLips
08-12-2022, 01:37 PM
smelled like a Bill Cosby party favor

awesome sir, your work is done for the day.

redo75
08-12-2022, 09:07 PM
You have to admit there's very little carbon build-up in that combustion chamber.
These guys are onto something, may have a use with the new direct injection engines to control the carbon build-up.

hammerhead
08-13-2022, 10:59 AM
yesterday I hit four gas stations before I could fill up —is it just my luck or is this a new trend —over the past couple of months I've had to find a second station but four...?

RedSN
08-13-2022, 12:26 PM
Are you trying to start a trend?

I usually just fill up at the first gas station I go to.

hammerhead
08-13-2022, 12:39 PM
Are you trying to start a trend?

I usually just fill up at the first gas station I go to.

lol me too —usually the same one so all my receipts look the same (gas station receipts are the worst to input for accounting)...but lately there's been problems in my hood —things like no gas or only one flavour available yesterday the shell had cars at all the pumps nobody pumping and nobody in the cars and a lineup waiting for pumps —I assume an old lady at at the cash scratching and winning and scratching and not leaving and only one cashier — the esso was closed cause apparently it need to have the webs on the canopy power washed...? not been having luck filling up

5.4MarkVIII
08-15-2022, 01:20 PM
Was off last week. Took the kids camping. Was a good week away. But just before we left we got informed that our delivery guys wife passed away.

Back from Holidays today 30 outstanding deliveries , over 70 outstanding service calls and my sales guy just gave his 2 weeks notice.

Guess that’s the last day off I’m getting for awhile. Lol

ChickenLips
08-17-2022, 09:17 AM
digital ID pilot program is coming to town

https://slaynews.com/news/canada-partnership-wef-digital-id-program-system/

this isn't going to end well.

ZR
08-17-2022, 06:09 PM
^ No end to what these fucking idiots are gonna piss money away on.

Titanium90
08-17-2022, 09:30 PM
digital ID pilot program is coming to town

https://slaynews.com/news/canada-partnership-wef-digital-id-program-system/

this isn't going to end well.

Blackface and the wef can shove this digital id up their ass!

ChickenLips
08-18-2022, 08:33 AM
^ No end to what these fucking idiots are gonna piss money away on.

setting aside wasting your and my tax money. This is a foundation for being able to control what you spend your money on and the ability to limit, control or freeze your ability to spend money via a social credit system.

China has successfully run the beta test

Pretty succinct and brief explanation here:
https://twitter.com/JamesMelville/status/1559165376939937794

ChickenLips
08-19-2022, 02:49 PM
8 washers required. Dumps out random washer jar, finds 7. Supplier closes in 20 minutes, Waze says 30 minute drive.

Liquor store 5 minutes away.

ZR
08-19-2022, 04:55 PM
setting aside wasting your and my tax money. This is a foundation for being able to control what you spend your money on and the ability to limit, control or freeze your ability to spend money via a social credit system.

China has successfully run the beta test

Pretty succinct and brief explanation here:
https://twitter.com/JamesMelville/status/1559165376939937794

Everyone that has shifted over to virtually everything electronic for money only makes it that much worse.

ChickenLips
08-19-2022, 05:13 PM
Everyone that has shifted over to virtually everything electronic for money only makes it that much worse.

central bank crypto is vastly different from electronic banking.

banks can't zero out your money or limit/prevent spending on unsanctioned goods.

If big brother decides your one beer a day habit is unacceptable, central crypto can make your money invalid at the beer store. Now scale that up to everything.

Scrape
08-19-2022, 10:03 PM
I just got an update from a crypto source that I buy some of my crypto currency from.
It’s started to happen now. So damn pissed now.

Stephen06GT
08-20-2022, 11:07 AM
Two years ago today, I picked up BuRT.

xeninworx
08-20-2022, 05:14 PM
Started servicing the rear brakes on the Accord. Finished the passenger rear. Rotors and pads great. No uneven wear on pads and rotors are wearing evenly. Started on the driver rear and it starts pouring rain. FML. Took the bracket and pads into the garage, cleaned them out and lubricated and greased up everything. Now just waiting for the rain to stop.

Also have to do an oil change.

Old Fart
08-21-2022, 09:08 PM
Had a wonderful day with my son. He did a brake job on his Venza and I was the gopher, lol.

Love it when the fog rolls in!

https://i.postimg.cc/DyBzLbdr/IMG-2027.jpg

ZR
08-21-2022, 09:32 PM
Any sign of snow yet?

https://cdn1.polaris.com/globalassets/snow/2022/model/vehicle-cards/matryx-850-indy-xcr-128-sc-select.png?v=8d97458a&format=webp

Old Fart
08-21-2022, 09:47 PM
LOL...no but the leaves are yellowing.

Laffs
08-22-2022, 11:36 AM
At what point of a car sitting is it better to have it on stands with the suspension loaded than sitting on concrete? Also is fogging the cylinders advisable and at what point is it better to drain a gas tank than leave it with stabilizer in it?

ChickenLips
08-22-2022, 12:18 PM
At what point of a car sitting is it better to have it on stands with the suspension loaded than sitting on concrete? Also is fogging the cylinders advisable and at what point is it better to drain a gas tank than leave it with stabilizer in it?

heated/unheated/sheltered are factors to consider. As with most things, onsize rarely fits all.

IMO a drained tank invites rust unless sealed or completely vented dry, but that leaves fuel lines and the drip at the injector tip. No idea on fogging but I find it hard to believe it'd remain on cyl walls over several months and thermal cycles. I have an ignition kill that still allows engine turnover, just no spark. I turn the engine over to make pressure, then fire up. Prior to that I'd do a pan heat.

The Japanese had a aircraft launching submarine. They had difficulty surfacing and launching in a reasonable time frame without engine failure. They started heating the engine oil prior and cut their launch time to a fraction and cut reliability issues.

My strategy was to disassemble, that was about 10 fall/winters ago so take with a grain.

Laffs
08-22-2022, 01:21 PM
Heat and air condition garage with humidity control.

True Blue
08-22-2022, 06:58 PM

Just my opinion, I'm not a fan of leaving a vehicle on jack stands for any period of time. I would instead purchase a set of shitty rims with shot tires (that hold air) if planning to store longer than a year. Full tank of non-ethanol fuel with stabilizer, will easily be fine for 2-3 years.

ZR
08-22-2022, 11:48 PM
^ Could not agree more.

ChickenLips
08-23-2022, 08:11 AM
gotta say on a prank level of zero to holy F#&k this one ranks pretty high

https://twitter.com/TomMarazzo/status/1561487840852250624

Zee
08-23-2022, 09:14 AM
Had a gastroscopy, tested positive for H.Pylori, on 2 weeks of antibiotics "Apo-Lansoprazole-Amoxicillin-Clarithromycin" - the side effects are far from pleasant and apparently stick around for the first 5 days.
Fack.

Zutz2v
08-23-2022, 11:50 AM
gotta say on a prank level of zero to holy F#&k this one ranks pretty high

https://twitter.com/TomMarazzo/status/1561487840852250624

Can you elaborate on this ? I’m not sure what it means but it sounds interesting.

Scrape
08-23-2022, 02:42 PM
Ouch. Sorry to hear. Just read what it was about and it doesn't sound pleasant at all. Get well soon brother.
Had a gastroscopy, tested positive for H.Pylori, on 2 weeks of antibiotics "Apo-Lansoprazole-Amoxicillin-Clarithromycin" - the side effects are far from pleasant and apparently stick around for the first 5 days.
Fack.

Laffs
08-23-2022, 05:45 PM
Lapped the 911 TT today. Car is an absolute weapon and I can’t believe how well it corners and picks up speed.

ChickenLips
08-23-2022, 07:03 PM
Can you elaborate on this ? I’m not sure what it means but it sounds interesting.

Jeremy Mackenzie (CDN veteran) and friends create a satire, supremacist movement, call it Diagalon. Libtards take it as real and use it as justification for emergency power act. Nuclear level trolling and nuclear level gullibility.

Zee
08-24-2022, 09:05 AM
Ouch. Sorry to hear. Just read what it was about and it doesn't sound pleasant at all. Get well soon brother.

Thanks man, its funny how a medication which is supposed to help your stomach actually turns it into a rollercoaster for the first 5 days.
No mom's special biryani for me for the next 2 weeks I guess lol!
Looking forward to feeling better.