PDA

View Full Version : Tune

Joronto
02-19-2019, 10:59 PM
Hey guys quick question.

The previous owner of my 2014 installed an axle back MBRP exhaust. I dont think he turned the car after though.

Is it even necessary? If so

Anyone got a tuner laying around? Lol
Thanks!

newbiestangowner
02-19-2019, 11:32 PM
I have Roush axle back - no tune necessary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minaccia
02-20-2019, 01:57 AM
You don't need a tune for an axle back system you only need a tune revision when you install parts that will add power or when changing the rear gear ratio. If you add headers, cold air kit (some require a tune) cams or intake manifold a tune will be required. If you ever do add any of the above mentioned parts you may want to look into a Lund Racing custom tune.

Hey guys quick question.

The previous owner of my 2014 installed an axle back MBRP exhaust. I dont think he turned the car after though.

Is it even necessary? If so

Anyone got a tuner laying around? Lol
Thanks!

Slick_89_Hatch
02-20-2019, 10:32 AM
I would add that even though the car is basically stock that a tune really wakes it up.

Minaccia
02-20-2019, 12:22 PM
Norm is absolutely correct with his statement especially if you own an automatic Coyote Mustang and you were to just tune it without mods you'll see a huge difference from the lazy stock tune you get from Ford.

I would add that even though the car is basically stock that a tune really wakes it up.

Joronto
03-07-2019, 11:00 PM
Ya I think I still want to give her a tune to awaken the potential, anyone got a tuner laying around? I'd pay 😎

maxwell6
03-11-2019, 08:59 AM
Take it to a tuning shop or you will need to buy your own hand held tuner or a chip.