View Full Version : OPP Arrest A Couple Idiots....

Snaketamer
03-13-2019, 11:40 PM
What were they thinking? I'm sure this will be a costly lesson.

The OPP in Callander have arrested a 75-year-old man and a 22-year-old men in connection to a stunt driving incident on Highway 11 around 4 p.m. on Tuesday.

OPP stopped the two southbound vehicles who were clocked at going more than 170 kilometers and hour in the 100 km/hr zone near Callander.

The 22-year-old driver, Chance WILSON of Hamilton, Ontario is charged with:

Race a motor vehicle - stunt, contrary to section 172(1) of the Highway Traffic Act (HTA).

The 75-year-old driver, Robert CAMPBELL of Powassan, Ontario is charged with:

Race a motor vehicle - stunt, contrary to section 172(1) of the Highway Traffic Act (HTA).

Both drivers' licences were seized and the vehicles were towed from the scene and impounded for seven days.

The two drivers were released by way of summons. They are scheduled to appear at court on May 3, 2019, in North Bay, Ontario

https://www.baytoday.ca/local-news/drivers-in-a-race-for-the-ages-are-arrested-1319902

NickD
03-13-2019, 11:59 PM
Heading home from motorama on sat night around Mississauga rd I got passed by a bmw and Mercedes like I was sitting still (at 100km) and they then proceeded to weave in and out of traffic up ahead. When they fly up on you that quickly it really catches you off guard and I can see how easily an accident could occur with one wrong move.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

R3troGT
03-14-2019, 06:06 AM
Why Arrested?

83 5.0
03-14-2019, 08:11 AM
Almost wonder if it was a road rage incident, one guy chasing the other?

ZR
03-14-2019, 08:27 AM
My first thought as well.

stangstevers
03-14-2019, 09:10 AM
I guess I'm in the minority here but 170 isn't even that fast on the highway (assuming it's empty). These laws are just pure stupid, should just be a speeding ticket and move on. Going 170 isn't even a stunt, you can do that in a Honda Civic these days (albeit it may take the entire 401 stretch to get there). I see far more dangerous activities that happen below the speed limit like left lane hoggers going 90 to 110kmh... or ricers zipping between cars in traffic. Distracted driving is more of a stunt than speeding, I mean you are literally taking your freaking eyes OFF the road to read and send texts while driving a 2 ton piece of metal at speed - THAT's a stunt! Yet when caught you still get to keep your driver's license.

Ontario is the land of disastrous laws.

fast Ed
03-14-2019, 09:28 AM
The 22 year old has had to make it through life so far with the name "Chance", you know that there are going to be underlying psychological issues ... :stickpoke:

92redragtop
03-14-2019, 09:52 AM
Almost wonder if it was a road rage incident, one guy chasing the other?

I saw this on the 427 late last year - across 4 lanes of the highway.