PDA

View Full Version : IAC valve sticking

maxwell6
05-13-2019, 08:25 AM
Having a issue with a new Idle Air Control valve hanging and sticking. The hanging is not so bad but had it stick at around 2200 rpm a couple of times this weekend. Then stalling out when it came back down. After restart it ran good except the hanging, very frustrating. Anyone have a solution for this problem, or do i just need another new one.

Scrape
05-13-2019, 08:28 AM
I remember my Fox doing this and I would spray it out with carb cleaner and worked great for a few thousand km and eventually it would start to act up again. I ended up buying a new one and was good to go for a long time.

maxwell6
05-13-2019, 09:55 AM
Thanks I think i will just get another new one and try again.

ZR
05-13-2019, 10:03 PM
Sure it's installed in correct direction?

maxwell6
05-14-2019, 08:14 AM
Yes im sure.I bought this one from auto parts store down the street think i will try a dealer part. Thanks.

ZR
05-14-2019, 08:17 AM
We lean heavily towards OEM for engine / ABS sensors.

Laffs
05-14-2019, 06:25 PM
OE Motorcraft IAC for 2Vs are the only ones that seem to be worth a damn. I keep a spare in the glovebox.

Also if you have a cheap performance products/stack/jobber bored out TB take a look at that as I've had the linkage on my old PP 75MM tb jam up more times than I care to recall. Similarly verify you didnt have an IAC restriction plate in the old unit, pretty common mod on NA cars but not really needed with a properly tuned unit. If you had one, tuned it and removed it the tune settings will need adjustment I believe.