PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Tire Tech takes Customer Car for Joy Ride

Gr8Stang
05-15-2019, 03:01 PM
I'm sure many of you agree that leaving your car with a shop (especially anything sporty) is worrisome....this video reinforces that fear.

And for the guy to actually realize the car has a camera.....and still do what he did. Wow.....

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/canadian-tire-employee-fired-after-dash-cam-footage-shows-him-joyriding-in-customers-car/ar-AABpmQU?ocid=spartanntp

fast Ed
05-15-2019, 03:07 PM
And why did the owner think that taking his BMW M2 to a CTC shop for service was a good idea in the first place?? :rolleyes::shrug:

newbiestangowner
05-15-2019, 03:12 PM
And why did the owner think that taking his BMW M2 to a CTC shop for service was a good idea in the first place?? :rolleyes::shrug:

I saw YouTube even dealerships do occasionally lol
Where I go I’m right there supervising lol not that I have a clue what’s going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedSN
05-15-2019, 03:14 PM
While I agree, I would never take an M2 to a CTC shop,
...but still.

Not just fired. Name names and string this guy up to the gallows (metaphorically).

Gr8Stang
05-15-2019, 03:38 PM
You get what you pay for

Not sure why an M2 owner would use Canadian Tire for service, but it happens at big brand dealerships as well.

hammerhead
05-15-2019, 03:46 PM
A buddy of mine told me he watched this same thing unfold in Georgetown CT with a vette - we both said the same thing "who would take a vette to CT" then we came to the same conclusion must of been a woman's vette...lol always feel like I grew up watching too much Don't Cherry when I say stuff like that - its not my fault...lol on occasion I may remark a bit like John Wayne that's not my fault either.

Old Fart
05-15-2019, 04:26 PM
Maybe he brought it in for tires?

JZ67
05-15-2019, 05:02 PM
I couldn't open the video in the link above so i dropped it here for others to enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eto23DJY8hU

hsousa88
05-15-2019, 05:51 PM
Never understood people getting all happy on the gas in someone else’s ride.

92redragtop
05-15-2019, 06:09 PM
Similar thing happened to a member on here with his DD Mercedes - at the MB dealer in Oakville.

Gr8Stang
05-15-2019, 07:50 PM
Wasn't as bad as I thought it might be.

True Blue
05-15-2019, 08:07 PM
BMW owner's friend is on another forum I'm on. He brought the car in to get the summer wheels put on.

RedSN
05-15-2019, 08:23 PM
So 100k+ pull was required to make sure the wheels were properly seated. Uh huh.

92redragtop
05-15-2019, 09:35 PM
If he were to get clocked at 50 over by a cop, would the car be impounded (since it's clear he is an employee of the shop contracted to only service the vehicle)? Not sure if there's been precedence on this yet.

Scrape
05-15-2019, 10:06 PM
I am scared to bring my M2 back to the dealer after they put a nick on my front passenger rim after I brought in for an issue with my amplifier. I would never ever consider swapping rims at Canadian Tire.

98 Snake
05-15-2019, 10:21 PM
I constantly road test customer cars but I wouldn’t take one out and beat on it, I’ve got my own car that I can do that to

Ponyryd
05-15-2019, 11:10 PM
I didn’t think it was that bad, I typically drive pretty hard, be it in a customers car or my own. Now I don’t drive that hard in a customers car, but lot cars I drive harder than that. Regardless the guy is a dumbass, he was even warned there was a camera but still didn’t listen.
I always look for a camera.

pwrab
05-15-2019, 11:14 PM
I can’t believe this crap still happens in 2019.

1986stangfan
05-15-2019, 11:15 PM
Similar thing happened to a member on here with his DD Mercedes - at the MB dealer in Oakville.

Happened to my corvette last fall

92redragtop
05-16-2019, 01:33 AM
Happened to my corvette last fall

That sucks man - did you have a cam that captured it?

ZR
05-16-2019, 06:46 AM
Same happened several years ago when I had front on my first Cobra blown in at a local body shop. Recorded mileage when I dropped off, oddly enough, additional mileage matched up exactly to a trip up and down a dead end road around the corner, one riddled with fresh burn out marks. Of course manager stood by 1. something kms was due to running in and out of the shop. It's little wonder so many stress out over leaving even their daily drivers, let alone summer toy in the hands of anyone.

bluetoy
05-16-2019, 08:16 AM
Reminds me of this Cobra abuse from way back. This was an SVT Dealer tech. If I remember correctly he also lost his job. Idiots.

http://forums.mustangworks.com/f17/waaaaaaaaaay-cool-29134/index2.html

Das 5.0
05-16-2019, 11:25 AM

Might be from the dealer in Mississauga- went through the drive thru at Wendy’s. I had to deal with that one in my previous roll at MB .....

stangstevers
05-16-2019, 12:00 PM
Am I the only one that thinks it's not "that" bad. He didn't do a bunch of burnouts and pickup hookers along the way or do a cocaine run in it... He did break the law to the point of getting the car impounded though, not saying he did right but I've seen much worse than this ride.

I think these cars have a valet mode so the owner could have used that to limit the car to 50kmh or something? I wouldn't hand in my Mustang without ensuring the garage can't really do much with it (mykey thing?).

Scrape
05-16-2019, 12:25 PM
The car has no valet mode. But still all it had done was swap tires. Why would he have to take it for a spin? My F'in dealer makes a note before I sign that they will disconnect my dashcamera. Now that they friggen scratched my rim I am going to hold them accountable to this. I feel bad for the guy.

FABMAN
05-20-2019, 05:36 PM
I hate losers like this. They can’t have a car like that but think it’s okay to thrash on someone else’s ride, not cool. I had that happen to my previous Mustang at a Richmond Hill Ford dealer when it was in for service. When I complained about the mileage they gave some bs story but I knew someone at the dealer who told me they took it for a joyride.

Happiest day ever was when Rick (ZR) started doing my mechanical work. Stress levels went way down.