PDA

View Full Version : Fender rolling.

Grebnitty
05-18-2019, 10:00 PM
Hi team. I went for a test drive in a 2019 Subaru Wrx Sti today. I asked them about a trade in and the manager and sales person were looking inside my fenders because I told them it was lowered. When I asked them why they were looking there, they told me that were checking to see if the fenders were rolled. I have never heard of this before. Has anyone ever heard of fender rolling?

1986stangfan
05-18-2019, 10:07 PM
Fender rolling is very common on lowered cars, if done properly there is no reason it would detract from value; but some incorrectly there is often distortion, warping and cracked paint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grebnitty
05-18-2019, 10:10 PM
But if I lowered my car and didn't do fender rolling, the car should be ok? Or is there somewhere I should be checking for wear/damage? Thanks.

1986stangfan
05-18-2019, 10:41 PM
The reason for fender rolling is to fit wider tires without having the fender cut the tire. So your car should be fine

Ponyryd
05-19-2019, 10:45 AM
As stated it’s really only needed for fitting wider tires, and yes, if done properly there’s no worry, but many, many cars are not done properly since it’s a very tough, and time-consuming process to do. I’m quite surprised they would even check though, but many buyers don’t want a car with rolled or trimmed fenders, so maybe they’re just being overly thorough, or maybe they bought a car with rolled fenders and lost on it?