PDA

View Full Version : TMP “Take it to the track”

WidowrRacing
05-28-2019, 11:11 PM
Toronto Motorsport Park event on Friday’s 7pm-11pm.
Cost is $30.

I’m thinking about going to run the car.....any members have any feedback?

I’ve tried to contact to ask if they do any track prep or have one lane designated for slicks and DRs but no response yet.

stangstevers
05-29-2019, 05:16 AM
Probably the same as "street drags" at Sanair? No prep and tree goes straight to green like a street light. Lol if it is the same, lots of 17 second ricers...

StAnger
05-29-2019, 05:33 AM
Pretty much guaranteed the area will be swarmed by MTO, MOE, and OPP looking to make life miserable.

stangstevers
05-29-2019, 06:51 AM
Pretty much guaranteed the area will be swarmed by MTO, MOE, and OPP looking to make life miserable.

That really grinds my gears. In quebec they'd only pull over idiots who didn't know the difference between the race track exit and the water box lol I do remember cops entering the drag races to let the kids know they aren't the enemy - all fun.

WidowrRacing
05-29-2019, 10:11 AM
I think this is a normal event they have on Friday nights at TMP.
I’m sure lots of tuners and other kinds of cars which I’m ok with for a change....my question is track prep and if any is done at all? I’ll try contacting them again to ask.

Minaccia
05-29-2019, 11:15 AM
Tony, if it's like Sparta on a Friday night there is no track prep what so ever because of all the street tires and that's why it's half the price of a Test & Tune day.

Also, good luck waiting for a call back from them.

I think this is a normal event they have on Friday nights at TMP.
I’m sure lots of tuners and other kinds of cars which I’m ok with for a change....my question is track prep and if any is done at all? I’ll try contacting them again to ask.

WidowrRacing
05-29-2019, 01:34 PM
Ya I called and spoke to them on the phone....minimal track prep for Friday nights.

Weather clearing up for Saturday now so I think I’ll just stick to test and tune at Sparta

Chinga
06-01-2019, 04:20 PM
Would not support the DB's at TMP.