PDA

View Full Version : This kills me

stangstevers
06-06-2019, 08:03 AM
So I never had very "entrepreneurial" parents that would encourage my OCD/ADD towards the better good. I remember designing a store when I was 12 years old - basically instead of buying a new shampoo bottle, you'd refill your old one. Same goes for pretty much everything (kind of like a Bulk Barn but more elaborate). Today this idea is on the news as the next best thing for the environment. I also created a salesforce.com like CRM out of a business need when I was 19 (before anything like this existed) or an online mag that had well over a million visits/month which I shut down because of the hosting costs. I also created a "wix.com" type web application back in the days of when a small business website cost 10 grand to build. My boss at the time just leveraged it to charge 10 grand for an hour's work... fuck am I stupid!

When I dwell on lost opportunities, it triggers my depression again. Today, not so many ideas pop out of my idiot brain. Right now the best I got is a new business model for a wheel/tire shop.

Rob14
06-06-2019, 08:12 AM
Keep on truckin man - dont let defeat/naysayers of past dictate your future.

Trust me a lot of parents were 'dream-killers' you are not alone.

Quicksilver
06-06-2019, 08:14 AM
We all have lost opportunities. When I think back on my 53 year long working career I can point out almost to the minute where I made my mistakes.
My brother didn't make as many and he's rich and comfortable. I am not. I'm still working and don't even have the faintest prospect of retiring.
Depression though, that's a killer. Sounds hokey but dwell on what you have rather than what you don't.

Rob14
06-06-2019, 08:16 AM
^ you signature to 95% in this country signifies "rich and comfortable" its all relative imo

hammerhead
06-06-2019, 08:45 AM
I too have a very entrepreneurial mind and have brought products to market with little success due to my lack of business knowledge to take things to the next level - take it all in stride. I studied art all my life and on the graphics side also in writing in pretty much all cases everything has already been done - this is most notable in Hollywood with movies - timing and luck is a big part don't let your mind get the better of you. Parents and government for that matter didn't understand people who's minds are different -people who learn different and people who see things differently. One of my sons is diagnosed slow (for the lack of a better term) I'm the only one who doesn't see it. I can only watch and listen and help him when he comes to me. I see him as probably the most intelligent child we have in terms of deep thought and he too is thinking of ways to improve life but in a different frame of mind that Is not recognized by most. I watch him and see what he is going thru and I see my refection and realize somehow when was young I slipped thru the cracks of all the speculators, also had a great mom who let's us freely use are creative minds. I believe in history Albert Einstein was considered slow but wasn't discouraged and did great things. I personally really don't pay attention to what most say or think I find it encouraging good or bad - if I did let what other people think control me I would still be pumping gas at the corner of Queensway and Islington. The point i guess is to keep on trucking your crutches may not be crutches just misunderstood personality.

Quicksilver
06-06-2019, 07:22 PM
^ you signature to 95% in this country signifies "rich and comfortable" its all relative imo

It's all credit. You'll also notice 3 are work trucks

Chinga
06-07-2019, 02:24 PM
Steve is this you?

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/f269/rjrichards1969/0/e52f6e5b-5cf7-497c-87eb-84b994699d6a-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds (https://beta.photobucket.com/u/rjrichards1969/p/e52f6e5b-5cf7-497c-87eb-84b994699d6a)