Trying to decide on a setup.

I was given a set of shorty headers with the car but I may go with long tubes
I’m thinking 2.5” all the way back

Now trying to decide between

SLP loudmouth lm1’s
Spintechs
Borla ATK
Flowmaster

Looking for something deep and throaty without the dreaded drone.

I have cruise YouTube but can’t tell the drone levels in the car

Also H pipe or X pipe

Stainless or aluminized

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2DXTRM
06-10-2019, 09:30 PM
Stainless

H -pipe

Straight Thru muffler.

Ponyryd
06-11-2019, 02:29 PM
H-pipe will be deeper, as will long tubes, lm1s will be more raspy than the others, and flows will drone. My choice would be spintechs, but Borla are a great option as well. If the car will see rain and sits outside, stainless, if it’s a nice-day car, aluminized is fine

True Blue
06-11-2019, 05:39 PM
Any thoughts on Magnaflow? Straight thru muffler, excellent sound, no drone, comes in only Stainless Steel and not expensive.

Stephen06GT
06-11-2019, 05:51 PM
Zoomies that exit right behind the front tires.

1986stangfan
06-12-2019, 11:23 PM
Is anyone here running spintechs ? If so how are drone levels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZR
06-13-2019, 07:40 AM
Old school sound, H pipe with old skool turbo mufflers = done n done.

Ghost Rider
06-13-2019, 11:54 AM
Okay so first off there is no such thing as LM 1's lol, sorry, had to say it...pet peeve I have, just like people calling the gt390 from the movie bullitt a "bullitt" LOL

Okay, on to the helpful stuff (maybe)

Yes Spintech will drone just like flows, that's not to say that they don't sound great though, drone less...maybe slightly? But they are still technically a "chambered" muff, however a little different than say 40 series flows as they have "walls" in side to make up the chambers as opposed to coils basically...or "Spin Traps" as they call them so the air flow is definitely different...

I've never tried them personally but there is a muff called Aerochambers that are not supposed to drone or if so, very little...I knew a couple guys in the past that had tried them...I think they are a little quieter perhaps though? maybe something to check into (if they still even make them)

Another good option for no drone is 10 series Flows (1 Chambers) They sound fucking great!! depends on how loud you are wanting though overall

Loudmouth:
Very loud, no drone, can be raspy with X pipe, however long tube heads refines this, but does not make it any quieter LOL With an H pipe, they are much deeper, a completely different sound, I have one of each on both Mach's and the sounds are night and day as far as being different but both sound great in each way as well, just depends on what your preference is

Loudmouth II:
No Drone. These are still a straight thru muffs but they are packed. These are very similar to Magnapacks by Magnaflow if you've every heard them but the LM II sound better IMO...I have a set of these as well, they are much quieter than the original LM's though

hope this helps a little...

Ponyryd
06-13-2019, 07:47 PM
Okay so first off there is no such thing as LM 1's lol, sorry, had to say it...pet peeve I have...

There was no such thing until the LM2s came out, then Loudmouths became LM1s to pretty much everyone, to avoid confusion :)

Ghost Rider
06-13-2019, 11:27 PM
There was no such thing until the LM2s came out, then Loudmouths became LM1s to pretty much everyone, to avoid confusion :)

Show me on their site where it says Loudmouth 1? :D

Ponyryd
06-13-2019, 11:53 PM
Show me on their site where it says Loudmouth 1? :D

I can show you on the interwebz, it’s widespread, lol

Ghost Rider
06-14-2019, 01:29 AM
I can show you on the interwebz, it’s widespread, lol

that doesn't count...they are all wrong LOL

now, what is your position on calling the GT390 a 'Bullitt'?? LOL

Ponyryd
06-14-2019, 10:29 PM
that doesn't count...they are all wrong LOL

now, what is your position on calling the GT390 a 'Bullitt'?? LOL

Not a Bullitt.

KRS
06-18-2019, 10:25 AM
Old school sound, H pipe with old skool turbo mufflers = done n done.

I agree and use Dynomax Super Turbos, really nice sound to them!

ZR
06-19-2019, 06:50 AM
^ Exactly that.