PDA

View Full Version : The fox joy ride

stangstevers
06-11-2019, 10:37 AM
It occurred to me on my way home from foxfest what this is to me. It's basic escapism, I get to play in the garage and tinker on a car that may or may not need tinkering. While I'm doing that or just driving somewhere, I tend to forget work and other typical "problems" we all have. Driving the thing requires a tad more focus since it won't protect you from your own stupidity as most modern cars will try to do. Of course the fellowship of enthusiasts talking about experiences and opinions, a team of people brought together due to similar thinking and experiences.

To me this is more rewarding than a week in Cuba as far a sanity is concerned. Working on the fox for a day feels like a reset button was pressed and I'm ready for more of life's stupidity.

Long live the Fox!

Old Fart
06-11-2019, 10:49 AM
Cool...good thing you didn't sell it!!

Boomer
06-11-2019, 11:24 AM
Hey Steve, you hit the nail on the head! Exactly how I think about having an 80's Foxstang. I really wish mine had a cassette deck though...LOL. Long live the FOXSTANG!!!! 80's ROCK!!!

hsousa88
06-11-2019, 04:13 PM
If it’s too windy to fish.. I startup the fox super early weekend mornings and go for a rip. Yeah it’s slow and all but the sounds alone are awesome. Reminds me of when I was a kid in the back seat of my dads ‘85.

Mustang4
06-12-2019, 09:44 PM
Foxes are project cars for sure and give a sense of satisfaction and feel good when you’re cruising.

StAnger
06-12-2019, 09:45 PM
It occurred to me on my way home from foxfest what this is to me. It's basic escapism, I get to play in the garage and tinker on a car that may or may not need tinkering. While I'm doing that or just driving somewhere, I tend to forget work and other typical "problems" we all have. Driving the thing requires a tad more focus since it won't protect you from your own stupidity as most modern cars will try to do. Of course the fellowship of enthusiasts talking about experiences and opinions, a team of people brought together due to similar thinking and experiences.

To me this is more rewarding than a week in Cuba as far a sanity is concerned. Working on the fox for a day feels like a reset button was pressed and I'm ready for more of life's stupidity.

Long live the Fox!

Can't do that with a golf cart.... err. Electric car.

Side note. Want to end distracted driving? Make it so people have to DRIVE the car, not the other way around.