PDA

View Full Version : Audi Sport Driving Experience at Mosport

Mustang4
07-07-2019, 11:10 PM
Last year I won an Audi Sport Driving Experience and they held it two weeks ago at Mosport.
It was a perfect day, blue skies, 24 degrees, slight breeze.

Here is what I won.
Full day at Mosport with drivers classroom instruction, (19 people) followed by on track driving instruction at each turn of Mosport both as driver and as passenger. Spent most of the morning on practicing entering and exiting the corners.
First car I drove was the Audi R8, it just sticks to the track even when pushed hard in the corners.
The next car we were instructed in was the Audi RS5 Sportback and this car surpirised us all with it’s handling. Not in the same league as the R8 but still surprising.

After the corner work they brought us up to a parking lot for for some autocross on two mirror set ups, one with mostly left hand turns the other with mostly right. They had us run these courses one after the other switching back forth driving Audi TTs. Fun car, it was like driving a go cart in the autocross.

After that, we went in for a fancy lunch and more instruction and then we spent the afternoon doing laps. I was back in the R8 and following the instructor for a slow lap while he called out advice on the radio for us. Then he stepped it up and we ran hot laps switching drivers every 3 laps, it was such a blast. Then we did the same thing it’s the RS5 except that since we had some experience and the instructor upped the pace significantly for the next set of laps. Then we did it again in the Audi TTs . Highest speed they let us hit coming up the straightway between turn 6 and 7 was 220 kmh. After that we pitted and then the instructors took us out in the cars for a real “hot lap” and then we really felt what those cars could do. Man did we come into those corners hard and exit insanely fast, it was awesome. I did about 30 laps in the afternoon as a driver and the same as passenger. Coupled with the time we had learning the corners in the morning and the autocross we had a lot of seat time on the track that day.

After that we came back in, had a debrief, some coffee and snacks and then they gave us us some Audi gear and sent us on our way with great big smiles on our faces.

Today I was at Mosport again to watch the WeatherTech Sportscar Grand Prix and I enjoyed every minute as I watched the cars drive the track with a greater appreciation for their skills after knowing how fast and challenging the track is.

I am definitely going to be part of next years Mustangs at Mosport!

RedSN
07-07-2019, 11:21 PM
Insanely jealous here. Wow that sounds like fun. Congrats!

92redragtop
07-07-2019, 11:54 PM
Nice! Sounds like a fun day out..with the RS too.

ZR
07-08-2019, 05:32 AM
Sounds like an epic time, congrats.

Scrape
07-08-2019, 06:29 AM
Lots of fun there bud. TTS is a great car. Sad to hear it will be gone after this year.

fast Ed
07-08-2019, 06:52 AM
Sounds like an awesome event to participate, especially in other people's cars!

Unfortunately the Mustangs at Mosport event is now defunct.

cheers
Ed

Gr8Stang
07-08-2019, 10:30 PM
Such a rush driving a car around the GP @ Mosport, especially ones designed to go fast around it! Not cheap when you're paying out of your pocket....but a blast nonetheless.