PDA

View Full Version : Noisy cars be warned in TO

stangstevers
07-16-2019, 05:59 AM
John wants all noisy cars to stop so avoid downtown if you don't have stock mufflers.

I dont disagree 100% though as they will chase loud sound systems and annoying motorcycles as well.

RedSN
07-16-2019, 08:23 AM
Avoid Downtown Toronto. Check!

stangstevers
07-16-2019, 08:57 AM
I never drive downtown, even if I have to walk 40 minutes from Union... I honestly think cities should just ban cars from their cores.

Laffs
07-16-2019, 08:59 AM
Isn't there already laws designed to deal with this? Also I'm sure it will be based and enforced totally with empirical evidence and not subjective officers discretion oh no wait I forgot this is Ontario and law makers are stupid oh noooooooooooooooo.........

Harbinger
07-16-2019, 09:26 AM
Having a baby face won't help me lmao.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

92redragtop
07-16-2019, 09:53 AM
Revenue opportunity.....

hammerhead
07-16-2019, 10:33 AM
Having a baby face won't help me lmao.

You ne'er know there's a lot of sexy hottie's pulling cars over lol

hammerhead
07-16-2019, 10:41 AM
I got ticketed twice in the 80's with my Lil Red Express - once under the bridge at the foot of Yonge during a roadside (that was loud under the bridge lol) and once on lakeshore near Marie Curtis Park - Lakeshore was bad news fr me I always seemed to get into trouble cruzing there lol - they don't seem to bother with it anymore - the ticket was called unnecessary noise it was also handed out for squealing tires.

Harbinger
07-16-2019, 11:58 AM
You ne'er know there's a lot of sexy hottie's pulling cars over lolActually I recall a gorgeous brunette with green eyes that let me off with a fail to display insurance card instead of a expired plate sticker one. Thank you gorgeous police lady !

stangstevers
07-16-2019, 01:13 PM
I hope it's my neighbour that pulls me over lol He wouldn't though, he likes the sound of my car. lol

Ghost Rider
07-16-2019, 01:26 PM
It's not just cars, this is noise in general, so loud parties by the neighbours...all is encompassed and yes @ Laffs, there is a law already in place for this but now instead of enforced discretion, they are putting an 80db limit on it, with sensors, there is already a pilot program in Edmonton that has microphones attached to traffic standards, (just like red light cameras) that are monitoring sound...

the funny thing on lastnight's newscast was the interviews...every single person they interview was like "pff, it's no big deal, people are a bunch of whiney biches" nobody was bothered by the noise, it's to be expected in a big city...one guy even said he's lived in many big cities and Toronto's downtown is the quietest he's been in LOL

They didn't pick up one person that had a problem with noise lastnight...

RedSN
07-16-2019, 01:53 PM
...now instead of enforced discretion, they are putting an 80db limit on it, with sensors,
what is the ambient noise level downtown Toronto?

https://www.hearnet.com/images_site/dangerzone.gif

hammerhead
07-16-2019, 01:57 PM
Maybe Tory just needs to get his threshold checked. "What did you say""

Ghost Rider
07-16-2019, 02:01 PM
what is the ambient noise level downtown Toronto?

https://www.hearnet.com/images_site/dangerzone.gif

no idea...hey where is the graph that shows my car Don?

my highschool shop teacher always told us that our shop planner was 85dbs

haha, actually mentioned construction being one of the contributing factors on the news lastnight...so I guess that means all construction will have to stop in Toronto, so that is good at least!! LOL

RedSN
07-16-2019, 02:27 PM
my highschool shop teacher always told us that our shop planner was 85dbs
You guys had a wimpy planer then. Our shop planer was WAY louder than that. My portable planer is louder than that (96-100 dB).

...hey where is the graph that shows my car Don?
Got lost with photobucket. Had to re-load it.
https://photos.smugmug.com/TMC/i-SbQN2sV/0/143ff685/M/GR-scale-M.jpg

hammerhead
07-16-2019, 02:53 PM
You guys had a wimpy planer then. Our shop planer was WAY louder than that. My portable planer is louder than that (96-100 dB).

Got lost with photobucket. Had to re-load it.
https://photos.smugmug.com/TMC/i-SbQN2sV/0/143ff685/M/GR-scale-M.jpg

Lol

92redragtop
07-16-2019, 03:01 PM
So no more construction equipment downtown then?

Ghost Rider
07-16-2019, 03:27 PM
LMFAO...just got this text from my brother after telling him about Toronto and what they want to do for noise like Edmonton had tried...

"Ya they tried it here for a bit and I'd say less than a month they already scrapped it cause everyone used them to see who was the loudest and all of the people that lived close to them complained even more lol"

hsousa88
07-16-2019, 03:56 PM
80dba... yeah good luck with that.

I rip farts louder than that!!

I got a ticket on Queen st about 10 yrs ago for my 2 x 12” subs.. they were extremely loud. I got stopped right in front of a bar that had a live band going on a busy Saturday summer night. If memory serves me right it was just under $200. I removed the subs, took a pic of my empty trunk and didn’t pay a penny in court.

Ghost Rider
07-16-2019, 04:20 PM
80dba... yeah good luck with that.

I rip farts louder than that!!

I got a ticket on Queen st about 10 yrs ago for my 2 x 12” subs.. they were extremely loud. I got stopped right in front of a bar that had a live band going on a busy Saturday summer night. If memory serves me right it was just under $200. I removed the subs, took a pic of my empty trunk and didn’t pay a penny in court.

would have been $110

hsousa88
07-16-2019, 04:33 PM
would have been $110

Then I guess buddy didn’t like me cause it was more than that.. hence going to court.

hsousa88
07-16-2019, 04:38 PM
To add to this, I once got a ticket on my buddies front porch.

Late night house party.. we/music was loud. Cops called and showed up around 2am. We were all way off our asses, messed up. My buddy goes outside to talk to the cops.. me being the genius I was went outside a couple of minutes later and light a smoke. This cock sucking cop told me to put the smoke out. In the state that I was in... well I laughed in his face and continued to smoke. Buddy asks me for ID.. I gave it to him. Comes back with a $400 ticket.

Never paid that one either.

Ghost Rider
07-16-2019, 04:44 PM
Then I guess buddy didn’t like me cause it was more than that.. hence going to court.

musta been for something else then or something in addition, excessive noise ticket is $110 fine until they change it this October it sounds like, I don't think cops can just charge whatever they want...least as far as I know (which isn't very far mind you) But, I've known a few excessive noise tickets people of got for various things and all been $110 and that' what they said it currently is on the news lastnight as well...dunno

hsousa88
07-16-2019, 04:56 PM
musta been for something else then or something in addition, excessive noise ticket is $110 fine until they change it this October it sounds like, I don't think cops can just charge whatever they want...least as far as I know (which isn't very far mind you) But, I've known a few excessive noise tickets people of got for various things and all been $110 and that' what they said it currently is on the news lastnight as well...dunno

All makes sense... but how do I get a $400 ticket for smoking on private property?

Ghost Rider
07-16-2019, 04:58 PM
All makes sense... but how do I get a $400 ticket for smoking on private property?

lol, that I don't know...what else bad were you doing?? haha

hsousa88
07-16-2019, 05:07 PM
lol, that I don't know...what else bad were you doing?? haha

Smoking a cig and being a cuck 20 yr old... that’s it I swear

Outside anyways

Armen
07-16-2019, 05:31 PM
What was the ticket for specifically? The wording?

hsousa88
07-16-2019, 05:53 PM
What was the ticket for specifically? The wording?

No clue man. Does it matter? I stepped outside and lit a smoke, laughed at a cop and received a $400 ticket. This was 10+ yrs ago.. a different lifetime.

mavrrrick
07-16-2019, 07:53 PM
Seriously...... do politicians in this province not have bigger fish to fry!!??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

83 5.0
07-16-2019, 09:06 PM
Seriously...... do politicians in this province not have bigger fish to fry!!??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its the shiny object distraction, maybe this is their strategy to get noisy guns off the streets.
Cops have enough on their plate as is.

Screw
07-16-2019, 09:21 PM
Can’t see metro cops bothering with that either ^^

hsousa88
07-16-2019, 09:49 PM
Its the shiny object distraction, maybe this is their strategy to get noisy guns off the streets.
Cops have enough on their plate as is.

Have enough on their plate? Your a cop.. kind of in the job description no? I may sound like a dick saying that but... isn’t that why you become a cop?

Screw
07-16-2019, 09:57 PM
^^idk if I was a cop if I’d be too enthusiastic about getting loud cars off the road ...like he said I think they have more important things to deal with .

stangstevers
07-17-2019, 05:58 AM
Lol it will stop the gun violence because they will hand out noise violations lol

RedSN
07-17-2019, 08:33 AM
^^^are you suggesting they are trying to skew the stats?

"More noise violations were handed out last year than gun violations. We are making the streets safer."

Screw
07-17-2019, 08:48 AM
I feel safer already ^^ :)

83 5.0
07-17-2019, 08:19 PM
Have enough on their plate? Your a cop.. kind of in the job description no? I may sound like a dick saying that but... isn’t that why you become a cop?

I hear ya, but given they have to chase the distracted driving scofflaws, bike lane parkers, etc., it's just a bunch of political BS.

stangstevers
07-18-2019, 06:22 AM
Everything is political BS.... The only mandate for people in politics is to get re-elected. Kind of like employees who only do enough not to get fired. That's why I think politicians are those with low ambition and lacking in intelligence. They are the bottom of the barrel "couldn't make it in the real world" people.