PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon a Time...In Hollywood

JZ67
07-27-2019, 10:44 AM
I'm a Quentin Tarantino fan. Love most of his movies and Inglorious Basterds is probably my favourite. I was expecting that level when we went to see this movie last night. I'm approaching 50 so movie going isn't a thing my wife and I do often. QT gets me out of the house.

I should have stayed home and watched Netflix instead. This movie is an utter disappointment. A long, seemingly pointless film that is probably full of great things that only a few people will get.

We invited another couple to join us and really enjoy their company. We picked up the tickets for the VIP experience so we were into it for over $100.00 plus the bar tab.

I can offer you this. Stay home and watch it when it comes out on your selected streaming service if you have 2 hours and 40 minutes when you're absolutely shit-faced.

mavrrrick
07-27-2019, 11:53 AM
Thanks... was going to go see it at the drive-in on Sunday. Still going, just different movie. I would have been pissed to sit through it and find out it was crap. Appreciate the post large brother!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newbiestangowner
07-27-2019, 12:54 PM
Thanks... was going to go see it at the drive-in on Sunday. Still going, just different movie. I would have been pissed to sit through it and find out it was crap. Appreciate the post large brother!!

Lol
Mavrrrick- just because he doesn’t like it doesn’t mean you won’t.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190727/a903fc8070ec94e617e11014cc07ae3c.jpg

JZ67
07-27-2019, 05:29 PM
Lol
Mavrrrick- just because he doesn’t like it doesn’t mean you won’t.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190727/a903fc8070ec94e617e11014cc07ae3c.jpg

Absolutely correct. Totally subjective.

I'll add this though. Everyone walking out asked whoever they were with 'did I miss something or was that just dreadful.' I heard one guy saying that they wanted to warn people buying tickets for the next showing.

newbiestangowner
07-27-2019, 05:41 PM
Lol- I’ll take your word- don’t get to the movies often.
Ya I’ll wait to stream it.
On radio today they were saying it did well ticket wise( probably cause people didn’t know what they were getting into) but they were saying it’s the best Q. Tarrentino movie he made?????
Loved his others

RedSN
07-27-2019, 05:56 PM
…they were saying it’s the best Q. Tarrentino movie he made?????
Ummm, yeah, better than Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Inglorious Basterds, Kill Bill, or Django?

It’s a pretty high bar. Even Quentin is allowed a pass now and then.

Thanks for the heads up. Was going to wait until it’s streamed anyway. Still want to see it.

mavrrrick
07-27-2019, 08:56 PM
I’ll take his word on it as well.