PDA

View Full Version : 2V Popping on Decel

Laffs
08-24-2019, 05:02 PM
Noticed this in the last few days, if I accelerate briskly (1/2 to 3/4 throttle) and then coast with the car in gear it will subtly backfire/pop around 2000 rpm until the clutch is pushed.

Not something I recall the car doing before, nothing has really changed with the car beyond a cleaning of the air filter element. TBH hoping this is fine because the car sounds really tough when it does it and I'd love to use it to piss off my neighbors I hate.

hammerhead
08-24-2019, 09:05 PM
The BMW tuner shop next door make their cars do this, but to extreme and it sounds like gun shots - very annoying for us old guys lol - they set the cars up on a dyno I think its fuel getting in to the combustion chamber after the accelerator is released - not sure why they want them to sound that way but it does make the turbo car exhaust load...

Zutz2v
08-24-2019, 09:40 PM
Noticed this in the last few days, if I accelerate briskly (1/2 to 3/4 throttle) and then coast with the car in gear it will subtly backfire/pop around 2000 rpm until the clutch is pushed.

Not something I recall the car doing before, nothing has really changed with the car beyond a cleaning of the air filter element. TBH hoping this is fine because the car sounds really tough when it does it and I'd love to use it to piss off my neighbors I hate.

My car did that do for a little while ago. 2 reasons why I believe it was happening. 1. The air intake was loose so the air ratio was off. And 2. Previous owner didn’t drive the car much so it was cleaning it self out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laffs
08-26-2019, 11:04 AM
Guess I'll check for intake leaks but shouldn't have changed much

Zutz2v
08-26-2019, 12:22 PM

Hopefully that helps

Zutz2v
08-26-2019, 06:49 PM

Any news on the stang ?

Ponyryd
08-26-2019, 07:06 PM
I almost think I remember your car doing that before....either way as long as you a/f is in line I wouldn’t be too worried about it, maybe pull the plugs after a good run to do a read on them.