PDA

View Full Version : Because it's my car.

ZR
08-28-2019, 07:43 AM
Some of us buy rides to park in the garage, polish the hell outta them then sit around and admire, maybe even drive it to the odd car show but only if the weathers going to be perfect. Others buy to extract the absolute last ounce of performance at the drag strip or maybe the road course, yup that can mean beating the absolute hell outta them and yes that can include either accidental damage from a crash or blowing a piece to the drive train to hell and back. Another group get their kick out of sourcing parts n either installing themselves or having installed and just like having a modded car that in fact will never be used to it's full potential but puts a silly grin on their faces non the less. All of them are part of the hobby, all of their cars matter, who cares if it's not build to your taste or used how you'd use it.................it's not your car.

Boomer
08-28-2019, 08:19 AM
Hey Rick, you forgot one...some of us buy a car for nostalgia so we can slip back into the past. Going for a ride in an old car brings back great memories. Who cares if others think it's a piece of crap or it looks ugly....................it's not your car.

Scrape
08-28-2019, 08:21 AM
Well said gents.

Armen
08-28-2019, 08:27 AM
I thought at first this was a Dr Toronto reply....

Quicksilver
08-28-2019, 08:51 AM
I buy my cars to use. 6500 KM on the Jag in 6 weeks! 6500 km of pure pleasure.

Uncle Buck
08-28-2019, 09:03 AM
Very true words ZR.

I recently vacationed in PEI and happened upon a Friday night car show. It was surprisingly big given the small community. The car's were diverse to say the least. New, old, mint, rough, restomods, ratrods and full on 6 figure customs, they were there. What was common, was how everyone one of these folks came together and were genuinely interested in each other's rides and respected the effort put in to them.

You don't have to like a ride to respect the owners passion for it and the blood sweat and tears they've put into it.

Here's a good example. Not my cup of tea but the guy was super nice and was passionate about the car hobby. That's what's important.

mavrrrick
08-28-2019, 09:05 AM
Vega wagon with Mustang front?

Old Fart
08-28-2019, 09:38 AM
Some of us buy rides to park in the garage, polish the hell outta them then sit around and admire, maybe even drive it to the odd car show but only if the weathers going to be perfect. Others buy to extract the absolute last ounce of performance at the drag strip or maybe the road course, yup that can mean beating the absolute hell outta them and yes that can include either accidental damage from a crash or blowing a piece to the drive train to hell and back. Another group get their kick out of sourcing parts n either installing themselves or having installed and just like having a modded car that in fact will never be used to it's full potential but puts a silly grin on their faces non the less. All of them are part of the hobby, all of their cars matter, who cares if it's not build to your taste or used how you'd use it.................it's not your car.

My sentiments exactly. I buy my cars for me and my family. So what if the paint isn't perfect or that it's not the fastest. It provides pleasure by driving, fixing and hearing a V8.

Styrofoam04
08-28-2019, 09:56 AM
Some buy their car to get Chicks!! Then eventfully figure out the hard way.... that his car, long hair, handle bar mustache... only attracts guys?? :drool:

:shrug:

Maybe it only works on the rich?

Laffs
08-28-2019, 09:58 AM
The loudest detractors are usually the unhappiest. You see more show car build experts with a bone stock ride and more drag racing gurus with a 14 sec ride. Been guilty of it myself a few times, easy to get caught up bagging on others when you really just want to light your shit on fire.

Gr8Stang
08-28-2019, 10:45 AM
Not sure what it is about the Mustang in particular, but it obviously has resonated with a lot of people, given how it's continued to be built & sold for 55 yrs. All I know is that each time I get it in mine and drive it, I have a grin ear to ear and that's all that matters to me. And it's great to meet other Mustang owners and learn about their Mustang journey!

MUSTANGWOP
08-28-2019, 11:40 AM
I always have respect for the time and money anyone puts into their car weather it's my cup of tea or not because it's the passion for the hobby and we all share that same passion.
On the flip side, I don't give a fuck if people like my car or not, if they think I should drive it more or less, if they think I should do this or that to it...it's my car and I'm doing with it exactly what I bought it for and it puts a huge stupid grin on my face anytime I drive it.

Jack Raccoon!
08-28-2019, 12:23 PM
Make fun of my caliper covers all you want, it's not your car. But it can be for $17500...

Ghost Rider
08-28-2019, 12:27 PM
Make fun of my caliper covers all you want, it's not your car. But it can be for $17500...

You're caliper covers are silly!

Jack Raccoon!
08-28-2019, 12:41 PM
$17500. Caliper Cover's not included...

The Newmare
08-28-2019, 01:13 PM
to each his own....all I know is I have a smile on my face every time I drive mine!!!!

5.4MarkVIII
08-28-2019, 04:04 PM
when I had the BMW years ago I went to the BMW forums for tech help. what a mistake. those forums were the absolute WORST. if you didn't own a bmw they treated you like shit. the 3 series guys worshiped the 5 series guys, the 5 series guys acted like the 3 guys were unworthy while the 7 guys were gods and the 7 guys acted like everyone was beneath them .

Screw
08-28-2019, 08:34 PM
Well said ZR , tbh kinda miss Vista Blue, I didn’t jump to buy in the first 2 weeks , that itch has passed but I’m sure there will be a modest upgrade in the future ...

Scrape
08-28-2019, 09:20 PM
I have no issues on the M2 forums. I don’t go as often because the car is new. I am on TMC 95% of the time lol.
when I had the BMW years ago I went to the BMW forums for tech help. what a mistake. those forums were the absolute WORST. if you didn't own a bmw they treated you like shit. the 3 series guys worshiped the 5 series guys, the 5 series guys acted like the 3 guys were unworthy while the 7 guys were gods and the 7 guys acted like everyone was beneath them .

Laffs
08-28-2019, 09:27 PM

When I had my E46 the forum E46Fanatics was super helpful and positive. Bimmerworld was a bit of a "did you try taking it to the dealer" nightmare.

FABMAN
08-28-2019, 11:44 PM
I actually have encountered some friendly people on Bimmerfest X6 and X5 forums.

stangstevers
08-29-2019, 05:23 AM
There's a blue v6? Mustang that gets a lot of flak. The owner put a lot of coin in it. Far from my cup of tea, I just avoid it and would never bash the owner for it. Personally I dont get why people feel the need to insult others.

Ricers driving like tards are in open season though.

hammerhead
08-29-2019, 08:30 AM

sounds like sausage breath and burned out retina's - cant see past the check engine lights...lol