PDA

View Full Version : New Venture...

hammerhead
09-13-2019, 08:41 AM

The title may indicate I'm going on a much needed vacation, but that isn't the case. This is my first patient on something I've been thinking about for a while - RV restoration and possible Tiny House Construction and may entertain custom trailer work. This 1973 25' Airstream Land Yacht was dropped in my driveway for a makeover. These are pretty cool and very well built with a lot of attention to detail. I can see the appeal. I'm not 100 percent sure what is going to happen to this one. Will be meeting the owners again soon. But I'm sure the exterior is to be polished and I'm looking forward the getting started...looks like I'm going to be busy this winter so no vaca for this hammerhead....

fast Ed
09-13-2019, 09:04 AM
Those were very high-end units at the time, way more $$ than other stuff available. Interesting to see how well it's held up 40+ years later.

RedSN
09-13-2019, 09:27 AM
Cool (and very different) build.

hammerhead
09-13-2019, 09:42 AM
Those were very high-end units at the time, way more $$ than other stuff available. Interesting to see how well it's held up 40+ years later.

yes - so far the frame looks good on this one - much of it is covered but the main rails looks pretty good - the interior for the most part is still original with the exception of a few appliances - Airstream is producing trailers again that are very similar to this. They are pricey and the asking price on old restored trailers is still very high. The true fans of these trailers prefer the old models...

- - - Updated - - -

Cool (and very different) build.

yes I'm looking forward to this...

ZR
09-13-2019, 12:39 PM
Got interior pics?
Cool project.

hammerhead
09-13-2019, 01:01 PM
no interior shots yet

Screw
09-13-2019, 07:36 PM
Nice project & leave the suspension alone cuz you might get carried away :D

jk

hammerhead
09-13-2019, 08:05 PM
Nice project & leave the suspension alone cuz you might get carried away :D

jk

hahaha you must know me...lol was thinking air ride....

newbiestangowner
09-13-2019, 08:07 PM
Both u guys r nuts lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk