PDA

View Full Version : Ship Carrying ‘Climate Change Warriors’ Concerned About Melting Arctic Ice Gets Stuck

Chinga
09-13-2019, 03:05 PM
Oh, the irony.

“Arctic tours ship MS MALMO with 16 passengers on board got stuck in ice on Sep 3 off Longyearbyen, Svalbard Archipelago,” reports the Maritime Bulletin. “The ship is on Arctic tour with Climate Change documentary film team, and tourists, concerned with Climate Change and melting Arctic ice.”

The passengers were safely evacuated by helicopter.

“Something is very wrong with Arctic ice, instead of melting as ordered by UN/IPCC, it captured the ship with Climate Change Warriors,” joked Erofey Schkvarkin.

The story is similar to a 2014 incident when a Chinese icebreaker had to be sent to rescue dozens of global warming researchers and environmentalists who got stranded on a ship which got stuck in the Antarctic ice.

https://summit.news/2019/09/11/ship-carrying-climate-change-warriors-concerned-about-melting-arctic-ice-gets-stuck-in-ice/?fbclid=IwAR2zSXm8bVDPJPDfe5TS82eKWSYDiCqM90sm9y1j OsdQ2ZdSE8AwIMBLFQo

RedSN
09-15-2019, 04:51 PM
Here's a 5 minute video from Tony Heller...
A software designer with a degree in geology and electrical engineering, aka Steven Goddard sometimes. Seems legit.

Laffs
09-15-2019, 05:59 PM
data and facts don't lie.

attacking someones credentials instead of their argument is weak.

Tweets are facts?

RedSN
09-15-2019, 06:51 PM
data and facts don't lie.

attacking someones credentials instead of their argument is weak.
Then let me phrase it less sarcastically: what are his credentials if we are to accept his opinions as “fact”?

stangstevers
09-16-2019, 02:01 PM
Can someone uncredentialed hold a valid opinion?

To validate an opinion (or theory), there needs to be some scientific method applied. Credentials can help determine the validity of the processes being applied. I have obtained a lot of project related credentials, I hope you would take my "opinions" with a little more weight than someone with no experience or credentials to prove otherwise.

stangstevers
09-16-2019, 04:52 PM
Me? I'm just in it to stir the pot lol

5.4MarkVIII
09-16-2019, 05:09 PM
I just dislike how for years we are told that in science you always ask. who what where when why and how. science is about finding answers to questions. with the exception of climate change.

instead of being told to ask questions we are told to shut up, accept it and pay more tax.

despite the fact that the science is shady and all of their predictions are not coming true. if you ask a question everyone yells DENIER and yet never answers the question. there are actual scientists out there that say there is more to at and we don't have the control we think we do and yet some ignore these people.

my theory is if they wont enter into active dialogue and instead name call and diverge. something isn't 100% on the up and up

Laffs
09-16-2019, 09:23 PM
do facts like temperature, water level, historical weather records require credentials?

The source of the facts are cited. Sources like NASA, NOAA and the like. Typically the same sources used by the climate alarmist articles being examined.

I'm guessing you're dismissing the videos without watching though.

I watched the entire thing, he made reference to several charts, maps, graphics, all of which were accompanied by zero links or verification they were from the sources claimed. Unless I'm missing something in the video.

stangstevers
09-27-2019, 05:50 AM
Isn't she also mentally retarded?

I love how she and her family are now travelling the world to protest... another climatard producing much more pollution than anyone else telling us we will all die unless we stop living...

Fuck this world, let it die.

stangstevers
09-27-2019, 07:40 AM
https://i.imgur.com/sHBTB3Rl.jpg

I feel bad for the little girl, especially if she is mentally challenged for real. Her parents should be charged for child abuse.

stangstevers
09-27-2019, 08:02 AM
I don't need to get upset at things I have no control over. All I can do is teach my child to not be a brainwashed retard and I can't wait for fun parent/teacher interviews. I'm surprised I'm not on CP24 yet because my kid knows most teachers are leftist brainwashers lol.

Laffs
09-27-2019, 10:52 AM
Like, Fuck.

First off I'm not a climate change denier, I wholeheartedly believe we're straight fucking this planet up from a climate standpoint. That said I tend to disagree with A LOT of the people who are trying to solve the problem with EV's and paper straws. I think stricter corporate governance related to pollution emitted from the manufacturing and transport of consumer goods would be a huge start.

So I feel like the UN Summit and trying to establish a framework for governance and road map to managing if not reverse emissions is highly important. So when I saw this girl become the star of the show so to speak I had a few thoughts. Firstly while I think it's great to see younger generations taking change seriously when a 16 year old accuses the world leaders of "stealing her youth" Im torn between going "wow this is much passion and a serious drive towards change and good for her" and "holy fuck your parents either dumping this much climate change weight on you or allowing you to consume that much information regarding the matter is both super unfair and shit parenting".

Overall I was cool with it because any attention on the issue that brings impassioned change is generally good.

Then I read this on a few news sites

Though the Thunberg family has a noted emphasis on theatre, they’re all as environmentally minded as Thunberg herself is. Svante, Beata, Malena and Greta co-wrote a book, titled Our House Is On Fire: Scenes of a Family and a Planet in Crisis. The book’s expected release date is March, 2020

and now can't help but feel like the girls being played as a pawn and it really pisses me off because this is what's going to be dissected instead of policies resulting in real change.

5.4MarkVIII
09-27-2019, 04:09 PM
biggest thing we as mankind can do to help with climate change is to plant trees. no one is talking about that though.

Chinga
09-27-2019, 05:18 PM
Isn't she also mentally retarded?

I love how she and her family are now travelling the world to protest... another climatard producing much more pollution than anyone else telling us we will all die unless we stop living...

Fuck this world, let it die.

Asperger's Syndrome.

She looks like the "Cindy doll" from The 6th Day.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cindy+doll+6th+day&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjq093d9vHkAhXCVt8KHWWSBVIQ_AUIEigB&biw=1356&bih=648#imgrc=1okwyXivoy08wM

stangstevers
09-27-2019, 06:14 PM
I take it back, they didn't take any flights, they sailed the ocean. Well, I owe them props to that!

RedSN
09-27-2019, 06:20 PM
At least they didn’t get stuck in the arctic ice.

*bringing thread back on topic LOL

stangstevers
09-27-2019, 06:31 PM
yeah I found an ice cube in my freezer... take that climate change!

92redragtop
09-27-2019, 11:06 PM
At least they didn’t get stuck in the arctic ice.

*bringing thread back on topic LOL

lol!

5.4MarkVIII
09-28-2019, 08:35 AM
I take it back, they didn't take any flights, they sailed the ocean. Well, I owe them props to that!

was looking into that. its kinda funny.
She came over on a racing sail boat. was limited space so one of the crew had to fly over because she had his cot.
also her handlers had to fly back and forth no less than 6 times to organize anything.
and she didn't like the boat so is flying home.

then the boat itself. sources are saying that a racing boat such as that one are mostly carbon fiber, which has a short service window of just a coupe years, is not recyclable. and the production process produces more CO that most people use in decades of normal life and travel.

5.4MarkVIII
09-28-2019, 08:39 AM
my favorite part of the whole thing was the pictures of the protestors who are calling for an elimination of all carbon emissions. setting a giant model of the earth on fire, and all standing around and watching it burn.

RedSN
09-28-2019, 08:41 AM
biggest thing we as mankind can do to help with climate change is to plant trees. no one is talking about that though.

Maybe your news feeds are broken again? :shrug:

https://globalnews.ca/news/5960379/trudeau-plant-trees-climate-change/

Justin Trudeau promised Friday that a re-elected Liberal government would use revenues from the Trans Mountain pipeline to pay for a $3-billion plan to use nature to combat climate change, which includes planting two billion trees over the next decade.

5.4MarkVIII
09-28-2019, 09:46 AM
Was more referring to these kids running around telling us all how we have to change.

stangstevers
09-28-2019, 10:14 AM
I do like trees...

StAnger
09-28-2019, 10:29 AM
Was more referring to these kids running around telling us all how we have to change.

They can run around all they want, the second they start telling me what to do to my face, they'll find out not to fuck with people.

stangstevers
09-29-2019, 08:14 AM
If I had a teen that wanted to protest climate stuff. I'd do the following:

Take all designer clothing away and buy used stuff.

Force her to walk or take public transit, no more rides in the car. Certainly no school trips (that require bus use) and no vacations that require fuel...

Cut off the gas powered HVAC from her room and give a 1000w space heater and bigger blankets.

Take away the latest phone and give an older model.

Wash dishes by hand and limit hot water use since its gas powered.

No makeup or fancy soaps.

stangstevers
09-29-2019, 11:00 AM
what's your take on this article? https://foxstang.com/the-climate-and-the-hobby/

StAnger
09-29-2019, 11:25 AM
what's your take on this article? https://foxstang.com/the-climate-and-the-hobby/

If someone is that concerned, they should sell their car to someone who will enjoy it guilt free and buy a Schwinn.

https://bit.ly/2nBsuFY

stangstevers
09-29-2019, 12:19 PM
I switched to an electric lawn-mower, it wasn't cheap but I love how easily it just runs and has more power than my older gas one had.

stangstevers
09-29-2019, 05:57 PM
The one I got came with 2 batteries. My lot isn't huge since I have an over 3000sqft home and 3 bay garage on it but about a 30 to 40 minute lawnmower job... does it on one battery unless I let it grow long then it becomes 2 batts

5.4MarkVIII
09-29-2019, 06:12 PM
I was looking at those robot ones. But they are way over kill for my lawn.
Some will do up to 3 acres