PDA

View Full Version : XR climatards

stangstevers
10-16-2019, 08:22 AM
Take the climate change argument out of the equation, let's all assume it's real and we have 12 years to live on the planet as some are pontificating.

How is blocking a bridge for the common-folk going to save the planet when 56% of co2 comes from concrete, agriculture, and coal. Stopping random people from going to work in a country as big as canada with an entire population of the state of california won't do anything but annoy people, the wrong people. Why don't they protest against things like sunwing vacations, cruise ships, coal power plants or red meat? Canada still has coal powered electricity, why don't they protest the crap out of that!?

If the world is ending in 12 years because of pollution, why don't you put effort where it will count the most? If you judge "climate change" by people's actions, it's pretty obvious they don't have a clue what they're trying to achieve or that it's all a hoax. Look at trudeau how he's for "the environment" but takes two jets for his campaign, spends over 300 bucks/month on plastic water bottles, etc...

Not saying it's wise to pollute, but at the end of the day the planet isn't going to wipe out humanity in 12 years. That's preposterous.

ZR
10-16-2019, 08:35 AM
Climate change, seems the more I read the less I really know.

mavrrrick
10-16-2019, 08:45 AM
I personally think it a crock, just an excuse for more $$$ tax. JMO

StAnger
10-16-2019, 08:49 AM
I'm sure I've said it before. But I'll say it again. They better pray to Al Gore that I'm not the first across the bridge when they decide to block it, because I ain't hitting the brakes.

ZR
10-16-2019, 08:49 AM
Problem is, everything you read is written by someone with an agenda. You can bet the truth falls somewhere between the left n right.

True Blue
10-16-2019, 08:52 AM
We get bombarded by the media with 24/7 of fear propaganda. That's how mind control works, you repeat the same message over and over again and the people start to believe it.

1quikgt
10-16-2019, 10:02 AM
All these protesters are getting to these ‘events’ by car or boat. They are wearing Chinese made clothes which are made in factories powered by coal. So they should start by walking/swimming naked everywhere they go as a start to their climate protests.

stangstevers
10-16-2019, 10:29 AM
repeat the same message over and over again and the people start to believe it.

hitler said something like this. He was a terrible piece of crap but he was obviously right about how to control people.

stangstevers
10-16-2019, 10:30 AM
Problem is, everything you read is written by someone with an agenda. You can bet the truth falls somewhere between the left n right.

I try to read both sides of the scale and meet somewhere in the middle.

Should we strive to stop creating so much Co2, yes... is the planet going to die if we don't... no.

RedSN
10-16-2019, 10:57 AM
Canada still has coal powered electricity, why don't they protest the crap out of that!?
9% of electricity in Canada is derived from coal (mostly Alberta and Saskatchewan and the Maritimes). Being phased out to 0% by 2030.

Gr8Stang
10-16-2019, 01:50 PM
Canada represents such a small amount of the overall carbon polluters.....we aren't going to make a difference. And yet there's Trudeau with his great Carbon tax.... That's the biggest scam going!

Now if only India and China got on-board....maybe there would actually be a positive impact.

5.4MarkVIII
10-16-2019, 08:30 PM
Neil deGrasse Tyson. was on Ben Shaprio's Sunday special. good conversation. but in that talk while trying to defend the climate change extremism push. he said. (paraphrasing) back when the dinos were around there was virtually no ice on the planet. the oceans were much higher and the planet was all around warmer then we went into an ice age and ice and snow piled up on the poles and ocean levels dropped, so low that humans were able to walk the earth from the European continents to the Americas. now we are swinging back to warm again. but we really don't want it to be as warm as it was then so we have to make changes...…

so wait mr NDT I though you said humans caused it. but now your saying its natural swings. which is it?

StAnger
10-16-2019, 08:58 PM
Neil deGrasse Tyson. was on Ben Shaprio's Sunday special. good conversation. but in that talk while trying to defend the climate change extremism push. he said. (paraphrasing) back when the dinos were around there was virtually no ice on the planet. the oceans were much higher and the planet was all around warmer then we went into an ice age and ice and snow piled up on the poles and ocean levels dropped, so low that humans were able to walk the earth from the European continents to the Americas. now we are swinging back to warm again. but we really don't want it to be as warm as it was then so we have to make changes...…

so wait mr NDT I though you said humans caused it. but now your saying its natural swings. which is it?

It's funny that an astrophysicist thinks he's qualified to talk about climatology.

Chinga
10-16-2019, 09:33 PM

It is called grants. If you have no findings you have no job and no money.

5.4MarkVIII
10-16-2019, 09:45 PM
It's funny that an astrophysicist thinks he's qualified to talk about climatology.

I will give him credit on that regard he did openly say he is not a climatologist. but he accepts their findings.

StAnger
10-17-2019, 09:18 AM
I will give him credit on that regard he did openly say he is not a climatologist. but he accepts their findings.

He's still full of shit. I used to respect him, then I came to realize just how arrogant he really is.

Ghost Rider
10-17-2019, 11:46 AM
It really does surprise me how many people out there just believe whatever they are told without doing any physical research themselves before hopping bandwagon to bandwagon...

I mean, you don't have to be climatologist to grasp the concept, you just had to show up to Geography 101 in grade 9 and somewhat pay attention. Is climate change real? Absolutely! Did Humans create it? Not a chance! Are Humans contributing to it? Perhaps...it does seem that some legit research as proven that we may have sped up the flow in some areas.

As real as it is...I do believe the governments are taking advantage in some areas for personal gain and even some of the most legit "scientist" around the world are not immune to kick-backs...

The air quality is better than it was 20 years ago, the ozone is thicker/smaller hole since they've been measuring, people think destroying the ozone layer is why it's so easy to get sunburns now days, so they automatically blame it on that, which sure it's definitely part of the equation, however if it's in better shape than it has been in the past 20 years, how come it's still so easy to burn or heat stroke etc? People never think to blame the Sun. The power of the Sun and it's UV cycles just like everything else but you rarely hear that as part of the equation...gov can't make money off that. The 2500 cycle, the wobble effect etc. If humans didn't exist, there would still be carbon naturally, forest fires with nobody to try to help put them out, I mean the earth has suffered some insanely huge fires in the past that you've never even heard of. Volcano's...I forget the name of it now, I'd have to go back to my research but a single Volcanic eruption in the past had created more "pollution" in a single day than what humans created in the entire year, last year. That in itself is huge! Now that being said I will qualify that with the fact that, that one event dissipated rather quickly 'in relative' to which humans keep on polluting...however it proves that the Earth can take care of itself naturally. I'm not saying we should continue polluting, obviously that's still a very large issue but rather the point that you can't combat climate change like some people are led to believe, you can't say give 'us' a bunch of money and we'll flick a switch. That's like saying we don't won't this Volcano to erupt anymore, so we'll just plug it at the top...might work for a little while, but most likely it's going to cause problems somewhere else or have some sort of disastrous effect when Nature says "uh un, fuck you!" Maybe sometime in the Sci-Fi future humans might come up with something that's a safe fix but for now with the ideas and resources we have I don't see combating Natural Phenom very effectively.

that's just my take...and I'm not expert...just feel like one sometimes compared to some of the stuff that's out there to read LOL

Anyways, Flat Earth right?? Nothing to worry about, it's all controlled within the Dome anyways! :)

Ponyryd
10-17-2019, 12:13 PM
^I don’t believe you, Greta Thunberg says we will all die because of CC, and we are all to blame for stealing her childhood.

Ghost Rider
10-17-2019, 12:28 PM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/dblx5BS577pFm/giphy.gif (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiSscOS26PlAhVGnJ4KHTgrBlkQjRx6BAgBEAQ&url=%2Furl%3Fsa%3Di%26rct%3Dj%26q%3D%26esrc%3Ds%26 source%3Dimages%26cd%3D%26ved%3D2ahUKEwio-sSP26PlAhVDsp4KHdfBBwIQjRx6BAgBEAQ%26url%3Dhttps%2 53A%252F%252Fgiphy.com%252Fexplore%252Fi-dont-believe-you%26psig%3DAOvVaw33tT27ORPfn4yURjpFK8vm%26ust%3D 1571416049796156&psig=AOvVaw33tT27ORPfn4yURjpFK8vm&ust=1571416049796156)

StAnger
10-17-2019, 12:49 PM
^I don’t believe you, Greta Thunberg says we will all die because of CC, and we are all to blame for stealing her childhood.

The ones to blame for stealing her childhood are her parents, teachers, UN and whoever else filled her empty little head with this bullshit.

Ghost Rider
10-17-2019, 12:53 PM

what is CC?

I haven't been following this chick I guess...lol

Gr8Stang
10-17-2019, 12:56 PM
Anyone remember when Acid rain was the big climate issue and was going to end civilization as we know it....what ever happened to that?

RedSN
10-17-2019, 03:19 PM
what is CC?

Climate Change

or Canadian Club

could go either way

Ghost Rider
10-17-2019, 03:40 PM
Climate Change

or Canadian Club

could go either way

Ahhhh...duh

https://media1.giphy.com/media/10PDlC02A1L5Cw/giphy.gif (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjlz-v3haTlAhUTK30KHbVcD-UQjRx6BAgBEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fgiphy.com%2Fexplore%2Fim-an-idiot&psig=AOvVaw2LL2U9Y6YsZAmoqZxyJYDx&ust=1571427546078637)

StAnger
10-17-2019, 04:18 PM
Anyone remember when Acid rain was the big climate issue and was going to end civilization as we know it....what ever happened to that?

Probably the same thing that happened to storms getting stronger...

Ponyryd
10-17-2019, 08:23 PM
In other news, GR has made me lol twice in this thread about real stupidity. RedSN had a minor assist.

Ghost Rider
10-17-2019, 11:03 PM
Well like I said, I haven't followed her but from what you've said, sounds like most of the stuff she's said has been pretty fanciful!!

holy shit!! I didn't know "Fanciful" was even a word, I'm definitely going to try to work that into a post today!!!!

^^^that's right, I did it!! lol

StAnger
10-18-2019, 01:39 PM
One Porsche owner's response to the little troll.

https://www.facebook.com/7Tune/videos/2574444465945368/

redo75
10-18-2019, 09:42 PM
Amazing info coming from a child so young???
Does she have a speach writer, maybe with an agenda??
Sorry to tell all, but my granddaughter is the same age but not as smart on CC.
Have I failed her?

Ponyryd
10-18-2019, 11:29 PM
Amazing info coming from a child so young???
Does she have a speach writer, maybe with an agenda??
Sorry to tell all, but my granddaughter is the same age but not as smart on CC.
Have I failed her?

Lol, if you think she’s smart on CC, you fell for it.......

stangstevers
10-19-2019, 05:45 AM
Greta isn't a child prodigy and knows less about climate change than an average teenager. She is brainwashed by her parents.

redo75
10-19-2019, 12:29 PM
Someone is pulling strings so she is set for life as a spokeperson for a cause like Rev Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.
No I didn't fall for "it"