PDA

View Full Version : Good luck Celeste...

Stephen06GT
10-20-2019, 04:55 PM
My little "bug" just submitted her choices to the OUAC (Ontario Universities' Application Centre), and now we wait.

FoxRod
10-20-2019, 05:41 PM
Good Luck and congrats on whichever University she goes to, a difficult and exciting decision to make.

92redragtop
10-20-2019, 06:39 PM
Good luck with her app. What's her first choice?

Stephen06GT
10-20-2019, 07:25 PM
Good luck with her app. What's her first choice?

Forensic Science at Laurentian.

Scrape
10-21-2019, 02:25 AM
Good luck Celeste!

ZR
10-21-2019, 07:19 AM
Very cool.

Ghost Rider
10-21-2019, 10:51 AM
Nice!! GL!!

Ghost Rider
10-21-2019, 10:57 AM
Forensic Science at Laurentian.

I'm sure she already knows, she's a smart cookie...but just wanted to share a word of caution, as Forensic studies is not what you see on TV (CSI etc.) These are widely embellished! I know some stories of people that dropped out first few months cause it wasn't at all what they had imagined it being...

has she had a chance to tour any of the facilities?

and I'm not actually talking from a film/production aspect but rather my Dad installed the mainframes used in the Toronto Forensic Labs so had some inside info. Now that being said, I'm sure there has been some upgrades since but I still don't think it's up to CSI standards yet :D, There is no such word as "enhance" in real life lol

Anyways, just wanted to share just in case :)

But good luck again, hope everything works out for her for sure!!!

RedSN
10-21-2019, 11:04 AM

https://media1.tenor.com/images/1eeff61412e2c12a07036365367be666/tenor.gif?itemid=5972451

Stephen06GT
10-21-2019, 11:28 AM
I'm sure she already knows, she's a smart cookie...but just wanted to share a word of caution, as Forensic studies is not what you see on TV (CSI etc.) These are widely embellished! I know some stories of people that dropped out first few months cause it wasn't at all what they had imagined it being...

has she had a chance to tour any of the facilities?

and I'm not actually talking from a film/production aspect but rather my Dad installed the mainframes used in the Toronto Forensic Labs so had some inside info. Now that being said, I'm sure there has been some upgrades since but I still don't think it's up to CSI standards yet :D, There is no such word as "enhance" in real life lol

But good luck again, hope everything works out for her for sure!!!

Thanks Dave. Funny enough, she has never seen an episode of any of the CSI shows. We have already visited the school, taken a tour and talked to the head of the department and he said almost word for word what you said about it not being like what you see on TV. She is going in with here eyes open. We’ve also had the conversation that this schooling/career path is not set in stone.

mavrrrick
10-21-2019, 11:32 AM
GOOD LUCK!!!!

MUSTANGWOP
10-21-2019, 11:53 AM
Best of luck!!

Ghost Rider
10-21-2019, 11:57 AM
Thanks Dave. Funny enough, she has never seen an episode of any of the CSI shows. We have already visited the school, taken a tour and talked to the head of the department and he said almost word for word what you said about it not being like what you see on TV. She is going in with here eyes open. We’ve also had the conversation that this schooling/career path is not set in stone.

ahh, good to hear... well regardless of what she ends up pursuing... seems like she's the type that will excel no matter what!! :)

allicedout
10-21-2019, 02:30 PM
Good luck Celeste! Mine are in there 1st year and its a real eye opener for them. Classes until 8pm, sleeping at midnight, waking back up at 4am to study some more..... I feel for them but thankfully they see the results of there hard work and aren't discouraged. No matter where you end up going its an experience you'll remember your whole life!!

RedSN
10-21-2019, 02:45 PM
....waking back up at 4am to study some more.
4am? what student gets up at 4am?
Maybe school has changed since the 90's LOL.

allicedout
10-21-2019, 02:58 PM
4am? what student gets up at 4am?
Maybe school has changed since the 90's LOL.

LOL!! I use to lie to my mom and tell her class was cancelled and sleep in until 1pm!

hammerhead
10-22-2019, 08:23 AM
University degree is priceless - my oldest daughter finished in the top of her class in journalism/English and then toured the earth like a hippy afterwards - now she is settling down and doing extremely well and not in journalism - I never thought school was all that important past high school but after watching how it had shaped her mind and thought process it really doesn't matter what they study it will open many doors to success - be patient with the children there's no need to grow up in a hurry as there was in the past....best of luck!

92redragtop
10-22-2019, 09:10 AM
University degree is priceless - my oldest daughter finished in the top of her class in journalism/English and then toured the earth like a hippy afterwards - now she is settling down and doing extremely well and not in journalism - I never thought school was all that important past high school but after watching how it had shaped her mind and thought process it really doesn't matter what they study it will open many doors to success - be patient with the children there's no need to grow up in a hurry as there was in the past....best of luck!

Unless it's a technical field (ie. engineering, etc) the benefits are really about how to learn (anything really) going forward, discipline, etc.

Screw
10-23-2019, 06:23 AM
Good luck to Celeste & more luck $$$$$ to Stephen lol , my youngest is in last year out of province -$

The Newmare
10-23-2019, 07:40 AM
good luck....fingers crossed!!

Stephen06GT
11-04-2019, 11:54 PM
This just in...

Celeste has received early acceptance from Laurentian University for all three programs she applied to. Still waiting on Trent and UofTM.

newbiestangowner
11-04-2019, 11:56 PM
^excellent! Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ghost Rider
11-04-2019, 11:57 PM
This just in...

Celeste has received early acceptance from Laurentian University for all three programs she applied to. Still waiting on Trent and UofTM.

Early acceptance?? That just means they want YOUR money now!!! LOL

Congrats!!

92redragtop
11-05-2019, 12:21 AM
Congrats to Celeste!

mavrrrick
11-05-2019, 07:56 AM
What they said^^^

ZR
11-05-2019, 09:44 AM
Well done.

Jack Raccoon!