PDA

View Full Version : Snow tires and your insurance.

ZR
10-28-2019, 08:45 AM
Time is upon us, if your receiving an insurance discount for snow tires, best to check your policy for the on and off dates. Couple years back Kath's car got hit, at the accident reporting center first question after checking in at ins counter "do you have snow tires on the car today" and yes they went out and checked.

newbiestangowner
10-28-2019, 10:40 AM
Oh there’s specific “ on /off “ dates? No wonder Christine‘s car didn’t get discount applied- my fault I guess ( tardiness) getting them on. I thought as long as they are on and I notify them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedSN
10-28-2019, 11:05 AM
Single digit temps next week.

Doing the tire changes this weekend.

True Blue
10-28-2019, 11:45 AM
Those with TD Insurance here's the winter tires on and off dates, December 1st to March 30th in Ontario only.

ZR
11-08-2019, 09:05 AM
Got yours on yet?

mavrrrick
11-08-2019, 09:19 AM
Yup

Ghost Rider
11-08-2019, 09:28 AM
Time is upon us, if your receiving an insurance discount for snow tires, best to check your policy for the on and off dates. Couple years back Kath's car got hit, at the accident reporting center first question after checking in at ins counter "do you have snow tires on the car today" and yes they went out and checked.

First question IMO should be "Are you okay?"

So...were they going to deny her claim or something? They are not mandatory at this time correct?

ZR
11-08-2019, 09:51 AM
Only mandatory if your receiving an insurance discount for snow tires.
If snows were not on the car, said it leave us with no insurance.

Ghost Rider
11-08-2019, 10:17 AM
Only mandatory if your receiving an insurance discount for snow tires.
If snows were not on the car, said it leave us with no insurance.

oh, only cause you told them initially that there were snows on it to get the discount?

good info to know though for the people that are doing it for discount...interesting

ZR
11-08-2019, 01:14 PM
I use snows on both the truck n Kath's car regardless of discount.

Ghost Rider
11-08-2019, 01:34 PM
I use snows on both the truck n Kath's car regardless of discount.

no but what I'm saying is if you don't have snows, they can't deny you cause it's not mandatory correct?

but if you tell them you have them and you didn't, they render you not insured?

also, I mean why would you tell them you have them if you didn't want the discount is kinda what I meant, if you didn't care about any discount, I mean you can still runs snows LOL

ZR
11-08-2019, 04:29 PM
no but what I'm saying is if you don't have snows, they can't deny you cause it's not mandatory correct? Exactly

but if you tell them you have them and you didn't, they render you not insured? only if receive discount for using snows

also, I mean why would you tell them you have them if you didn't want the discount is kinda what I meant, if you didn't care about any discount, I mean you can still runs snows LOL